PDA

View Full Version : How has your new year been?

Animeniax
Thu, 01-01-2009, 02:53 PM
I spent new year's eve posting here, then browsing the internet for a couple hours before going to bed. Today I went to my favorite restaurant to find they're closed for the holidays, so instead I went to a pho noodle place I've visited 4 times in the past 3 weeks, and am now browsing the internet again. My new year is off to a great start :( .

Sapphire
Thu, 01-01-2009, 03:01 PM
I've been dancing to various musics since 2 AM. Ahh, great year so far.

Nadouku
Thu, 01-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Playing with my friends in an en masse party. Stayed up for a pretty long time til we got tired and went to sleep. :p

Xelbair
Thu, 01-01-2009, 03:16 PM
From 19 to 9 - party(i hate dancing but there was guitar hero 4 and best girls were not dancing too), from 11 to 18 - sleeping. now is 21:15 here. Awesome start... now i just have to get DS to make it more awesome.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-01-2009, 05:12 PM
New years? Well it's been stinking hot, so no one feels like doing much. Driving on the streets, you see close to no cars, and everyone's indoors with either air con or a fan.

but Public Holiday = Double Pay :D...that at least is something to smile about.

Ryllharu
Thu, 01-01-2009, 05:24 PM
New years? Well it's been stinking hot, so no one feels like doing much. Driving on the streets, you see close to no cars, and everyone's indoors with either air con or a fan.
Ahh...the Southern Hemisphere is so cute sometimes.

It was 6°F (-14°C) this morning in the Northern Hemisphere, and that is without the wind chill. Similarly though, due to snow and the sub-zero wind chill, no one was doing much of anything here either ;)

salmonman78
Thu, 01-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Worked til 730 this mornin, but I managed to get a helluva good download speed at work last night. Now just chillin restin for work tonight.

animus
Thu, 01-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Pretty miserable, been sick with a pretty bad cold since Monday.

Animeniax
Thu, 01-01-2009, 07:43 PM
I'm determined to have more fun next year. Who all wants to meet up in NYC for the new year celebration on Dec 31, 2009?

saman
Thu, 01-01-2009, 09:00 PM
i'm in!

...don't hold me to it though

my new year so far has been...mixed. last night was nice, but my dad freaked out at me for no reason today. then, i spent the day watching the entire first season of avatar, which was also nice.

Animeniax
Thu, 01-01-2009, 09:09 PM
I'm still torn about spending an entire day doing something like watching anime or playing a video game. Should that be considered a waste of a day or a meaningful one? Should a day spent sleeping be considered a waste or a great day?

I won't save space for you unless you're fully committed to being in NYC on the 31st.

saman
Thu, 01-01-2009, 10:17 PM
i think it depends on how busy you keep yourself on the other days, and how much you need it. if you do nothing most days anyway, then watching anime all day would probably be another wasted day. but if you lead a very active life, then taking a day to do absolutely nothing can be very refreshing. i'd probably consider spending an entire day sleeping wasteful no matter what, though.

lol space for what? are you thinking of renting a bus to drive around the city or something?

Animeniax
Thu, 01-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Everything you say is true, which is somewhat revealing that I feel I spend too many days wasting time, though I seldom spend many hours watching anything, except occasional marathons of fight sports and cooking shows.

According to Sapphire, there is very little space to move or even stand in Times Square on New Year's Eve unless you show up 6 hours ahead of time. If you don't commit to showing up, I won't save the .3 square meter of space that you would occupy if you did show.

saman
Thu, 01-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Everything you say is true, which is somewhat revealing that I feel I spend too many days wasting time, though I seldom spend many hours watching anything, except occasional marathons of fight sports and cooking shows.

ditto, sadly :S

oh well, i guess if i decide to make an impromptu trip to nyc on new years eve 09, i'll have to find another spot to occupy my 0.3 square meters of space in

Animeniax
Thu, 01-01-2009, 10:31 PM
oh well, i guess if i decide to make an impromptu trip to nyc on new years eve 09, i'll have to find another spot to occupy my 0.3 square meters of space in
It'll probably be in a bad part of town. I wouldn't recommend it.

ditto, sadly :SYou're a young female, you have it easy. I'm an Asian male. Statistically I am among the highest percentage of single adults in the US. If I had a gf, I would spend entire days sleeping or watching TV and not think it was a waste of time.

kenren
Thu, 01-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Had a great time with my friends during the night before new year :)

Happy New Year Gotwoot!