PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Deadspace - Downfall

KrayZ33
Wed, 12-31-2008, 01:19 PM
I didn't know until now that such a movie (Anime) existed and I couldn't find a thread so I just made

It's very gory and brutal so expect to see a lot of blood and entrails all over the place when the aliens cut their stomach open, bite their heads off and rip them apart...

It's a prelude to the game with the same name..... "Deadspace"
It ends exactly at the point were the game starts from what I've heard.

the animation is very... well.. american? with some computer graphics in it...
I don't really like that but well see for yourself

Trailer:http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=o2GKwGM1QVk

Didn't watch the movie yet... but I thought you might be interested.
but it's probably really "funny"

darkshadow
Wed, 12-31-2008, 01:32 PM
Saw this months ago, and yeah its pretty good. Watch it.

Animeniax
Wed, 12-31-2008, 01:45 PM
I saw previews for it at the start of some other anime DVD, didn't look very good, typical crappy animation with washed out colors and no detail. If they'd just spend more on production and animating movies like this it would make up for the cliched story and make this worth watching and possibly successful. The game is a lot of fun, though people complain about the lumbering movement. I think it adds to the horror and feel of the gameplay.

KrayZ33
Wed, 12-31-2008, 07:32 PM
well, I like the story... even if you call it cliched, it gives me a chill

I have a weakness for the "lost in space" stories..

but as you said, I don't like the animation that much, it reminds me of typical american cartoons.. Superman and such... I'd prefer it with animation like in Karas, or Ghost in the Shell (I don't mean the CGI here)

Animeniax
Wed, 12-31-2008, 07:38 PM
well, I like the story... even if you call it cliched, it gives me a chill

I have a weakness for the "lost in space" stories..

but as you said, I don't like the animation that much, it reminds me of typical american cartoons.. Superman and such... I'd prefer it with animation like in Karas, or Ghost in the Shell (I don't mean the CGI here)
I think it's more along the story line of: humans unearth an ancient artifact that brings with it super aliens that will doom us. Sorry if that gives away any of the storyline of the game.

KrayZ33
Wed, 12-31-2008, 07:53 PM
well basically it's the exact same story as in the "Alien" movies

but for me the scary thing about such stories is that you somehow can't escape unless you do something on the fucking ship which is filled with human-eating monsters! and you are all alone (most of the time)

it's not like you have 3 battle-ships patrolling around the ship, who could simply sent in some marines to help you to get off

that's why I'm calling them "lost in space" stories ^^

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Would you recommend I watch this before or after playing Dead Space? I've downloaded Dead Space Downfall already, but I haven't made up my mind about getting the game or not yet. So in case I want to get it. should I watch this?

Animeniax
Thu, 01-01-2009, 12:52 AM
I don't think it will matter. The story of the game is pretty much self-contained, so it's not like watching the movie will ruin anything in the game. It might help flesh out the story but it's not necessary to understand the game story either.

darkshadow
Thu, 01-01-2009, 02:21 AM
uhm actually, if you took the time to like watch the movie, you would notice certain things that get mentioned in the game.
It also happens exactly like 5 minutes before the game begins, so yeah, it would definitly give you more insight into the matter.
( also they ridicule scientology, which i thought was funny ;P )

Animeniax
Thu, 01-01-2009, 10:10 AM
I stand by my assertion, you can peruse one and not the other and you'd be ok.

Jessper
Thu, 01-01-2009, 03:26 PM
I think it's more along the story line of: humans unearth an ancient artifact that brings with it super aliens that will doom us. Sorry if that gives away any of the storyline of the game.

You couldn't have given the story line away since you don't have it right here. =P

Animeniax
Thu, 01-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Like there's that much to the storyline in the first place.