PDA

View Full Version : New Year's Eve Plans.

Xelbair
Tue, 12-30-2008, 06:40 AM
Lets have a new year poll, what will you do at New Year's Eve?
I Personally will got to party that my friend organizes.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-30-2008, 08:43 AM
My friends have organised a party, but I have to work that evening/night. I think I'll just stay at home during the day since it's so damn hot.

Nadouku
Tue, 12-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Meh, I chosed "other" because I have a tournament coming up for cash prizes, and my friends want to come along. Hopefully, they can.

KitKat
Tue, 12-30-2008, 02:54 PM
Meeting up with a few friends who used to be my housemates a few years ago, making pie, and playing video games. Pretty stereotypical of the parties we used to have at our house in university.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 12-30-2008, 02:57 PM
I'll try to buy some chocolate and alcohol tomorrow.
and then drink at home.

Board of Command
Tue, 12-30-2008, 03:42 PM
Stay home. I never do anything on New Years.

Mugen
Tue, 12-30-2008, 04:02 PM
still not sure, go out if im in the mood that day, ill choose one out of many parties and go (the one that has hottest girls lol) if not ill stay home and relax

salmonman78
Tue, 12-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Work, I got to bloody well work. Oh well, its time and a half and I get to meet all sorts of dummies on nights like tomarrow where I work

Marik
Tue, 12-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Staying at home playing video games, like I always do.

Idealistic
Tue, 12-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Heading to friend's house to pre-game. Then heading to club. Then head to a suite we all chipped in for, for a little after party. Should be fun I hope.

Animeniax
Wed, 12-31-2008, 12:46 AM
One of these years I will go to New York city for New Year's eve and see what all the fuss is about. I'd also like to be in Tokyo for a New Year's eve at some point in my life. Until then, probably have a quiet night at home or go out drinking with friends.

Raven
Wed, 12-31-2008, 12:53 AM
I'm hosting a party at my house for a close group of friends, about 12 people all up. For some reason I'm sitting at my PC when I should be getting better prepared.

Animeniax
Wed, 12-31-2008, 12:54 AM
Can I come?

Raven
Wed, 12-31-2008, 01:00 AM
If you can make it to Australia in the next hour or two, by all means.

Animeniax
Wed, 12-31-2008, 01:01 AM
Well thanks for nothing. If you didn't want to invite me you could have just said so.

Raven
Wed, 12-31-2008, 01:30 AM
Everyone on Gotwoot is invited, if they have the means to get here. That includes you.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-31-2008, 01:53 AM
Eh, Melbourne's a bit too far from Brisbane. Maybe next year.

1hr till work.......

dragonrage
Wed, 12-31-2008, 06:15 AM
Meeting up with a few friends who used to be my housemates a few years ago, making pie, and playing video games. Pretty stereotypical of the parties we used to have at our house in university.

I want pies, maybe cookies too if you have time..

I have the option of doing either one of the three. Still haven't decided, don't think I will until this afternoon. Spent last New Year's eve in Vegas, so maybe the family idea is a good choice, since i am very close with my family.

itadakimasu
Wed, 12-31-2008, 04:05 PM
ok here we go... big day!

1)get off work @ 4 !!! WOOOOT.... 30 minutes earlier than usual.... and I get here an hour or more before 3/4 of the rest of the office.

better than one of the last early days where it was 4:30 and i was like, YES! Thanks alot!

2)Dinner w\ wife, parents, sister at a restaurant i'm not too excited about going to.

3)Drive about 45 minutes from said restaurant to "have drinks" at the inlaws house... me being the designated driver means 1 moet for me..

4)Drive 30 minutes to get home unless traffic sucks.

Sapphire
Wed, 12-31-2008, 04:09 PM
I celebrated mine a little early, by going to a business/family meeting at an expensive Japanese restaurant in mid-Cali in which no one knew Japanese.

I went to NYC for New Years a few years ago, it was so packed we could barely get into Times Square, apparently if you wanted to get past the barricades you needed to show up 6 hours in advance. There were so many people you could barely move and mountains of trash everywhere, as characteristic on a busy NY street. Hundreds of people however screamed in joy, and you could tell the sound of happiness reverberated throughout the town. There were lots of drunk people on the subways spilling wine everywhere, ah, yes, New Years in New York City is quite exciting.

Animeniax
Wed, 12-31-2008, 05:44 PM
I celebrated mine a little early, by going to a business/family meeting at an expensive Japanese restaurant in mid-Cali in which no one knew Japanese.

I went to NYC for New Years a few years ago, it was so packed we could barely get into Times Square, apparently if you wanted to get past the barricades you needed to show up 6 hours in advance. There were so many people you could barely move and mountains of trash everywhere, as characteristic on a busy NY street. Hundreds of people however screamed in joy, and you could tell the sound of happiness reverberated throughout the town. There were lots of drunk people on the subways spilling wine everywhere, ah, yes, New Years in New York City is quite exciting.Why didn't you invite me? It's been my dream to go.

darkshadow
Wed, 12-31-2008, 06:19 PM
HAPPPPYYYYY NEWYEAAARR!!!!

>_>

Sapphire
Wed, 12-31-2008, 06:21 PM
Why didn't you invite me? It's been my dream to go.Why did you break up our nonexistent relationship?!

On another note, maybe I should walk around town tonight in an attempt to meet people. It feels weird to live in suburbia again.

Animeniax
Wed, 12-31-2008, 06:30 PM
Why did you break up our nonexistent relationship?!Serious lack of reciprocity on your part, that's why. I'm willing to give it another try if you are.

On another note, maybe I should walk around town tonight in an attempt to meet people. It feels weird to live in suburbia again.

Good idea. I wish I lived in an apartment building with some social atmosphere.

Sapphire
Wed, 12-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Serious lack of reciprocity on your part, that's why. I'm willing to give it another try if you are.
I don't know if I can open my heart to you again. :(

RedneckNoob
Wed, 12-31-2008, 06:34 PM
I don't know if I can open my heart to you again. :(
Open your heart to me. My love for you is as boundless as the universe.

Animeniax
Wed, 12-31-2008, 06:37 PM
Try to stay on topic, noob.

I don't know if I can open my heart to you again. You will if I open my wallet right? You chicks are all the same. You're lucky it's New Year's Eve and I'll forget all this by tomorrow when it's next year.

RedneckNoob
Wed, 12-31-2008, 06:40 PM
You will if I open my wallet right? You chicks are all the same. You're lucky it's New Year's Eve and I'll forget all this by tomorrow when it's next year.

How dare you insult the honor of my wonderful Sapphire! I challenge you to a duel.

XanBcoo
Wed, 12-31-2008, 07:08 PM
Shut up, both of you.

Happy New Year from England, everyone. I just ate with my dad, stepmom, and sister, and now I'm watching the fireworks on TV.

Now to bed. I'm dead.

Nadouku
Wed, 12-31-2008, 07:10 PM
Hey, hey, happy new years too! Sadly, my tournament was cancelled, so no travel buisness.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Happy New Year!! It's 10:11am here already :D

Marik
Wed, 12-31-2008, 07:23 PM
Happy New Year to you then, Buff. 3 hours and 6 mins left in '08 for me, gonna keep playing Need for Speed until then..

Animeniax
Wed, 12-31-2008, 07:28 PM
Happy New Year to you then, Buff. 3 hours and 6 mins left in '08 for me, gonna keep playing Need for Speed until then..
If you're not married with kids, you seriously need to get out and enjoy the new year's eve festivities. Like I'm one to talk, but at least I have excuses.

fireheart
Thu, 01-01-2009, 12:44 AM
6:40am still haven't gotten any sleep... anyway just hung out with a friend and had fun. Happy new year to you all

Animeniax
Thu, 01-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Sigh, the little idiots across the street are setting off fireworks. They couldn't even wait for midnight, the little idiots.

Eurasian
Thu, 01-01-2009, 12:50 AM
I want to be at NYC for New Years as well...I was just ONE day shy this year but oh well. And my hotel was in Time Square too. =(

Happy New Years to everyone!!

Animeniax
Thu, 01-01-2009, 12:51 AM
I want to be at NYC for New Years as well...I was just ONE day shy this year but oh well. And my hotel was in Time Square too. =(

Happy New Years to everyone!!
It's a date. Dec 31, 2009, see you in NYC.

saman
Thu, 01-01-2009, 12:57 AM
happy new years, guys! i hung out with a friend for most of the night, watching movies and eating junk food at his place, then went out to watch the fireworks.

Sapphire
Thu, 01-01-2009, 03:58 AM
Yay I just woke up 40 mins after the New Year began.... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Kraco
Thu, 01-01-2009, 04:03 AM
What's all this stuff..?

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/4623/zarakisnewyear9uq.jpg