PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 430

Marik
Mon, 12-29-2008, 03:24 PM
SleepyFans

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?ri0dot5fyyn) - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/lksqzo) - Online Viewing (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/430/01)

Death BOO Z
Mon, 12-29-2008, 03:45 PM
despite being ridiculous, I can't help but thinking it was totally cool.

darkshadow
Mon, 12-29-2008, 04:00 PM
I can't help but concur, total coolness.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 12-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Shitty quality is shitty

Kickass Chapter is Kickass

Seriously, that's all I can say about it. This is seriously awesome.

darkshadow
Mon, 12-29-2008, 04:04 PM
This actually totally felt like goku arriving on namek somehow.

Marik
Mon, 12-29-2008, 04:06 PM
I was thinking the same, it really did feel that way.

RyougaZell
Mon, 12-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Wow... good chapter.

But I still don't liked the fact of the uberpower by destroying one Pain just like that.

Or rather... it was the one that was just repaired and Konan said the shinra tensei made the healing slower... thus... Pain isn't at it strongest.

Oh... and I guess the three dots on last chapter were really something after all.

Idealistic
Mon, 12-29-2008, 04:41 PM
This actually totally felt like goku arriving on namek somehow.

I was going to say the same exact thing man.

I don't really like the direction Naruto's growth took, but his new look is pretty cool. Can't wait to see him kick some more Pain butt.

Wren
Mon, 12-29-2008, 04:50 PM
lol sadly thats the first image that came to mind for me as well. though i have to admit this chapter was epic. naruto went from genin scrub, to beating kakuzu and now is super-saiyan hokage level taking on the leader of akatsuki. his entrance for one, was quite impressive as well showing up with probably the most powerful of the toad summons as well.

RyougaZell
Mon, 12-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Ironically... Naruto is still technically a Genin... XD

DB_Hunter
Mon, 12-29-2008, 06:23 PM
That was very cool. Naruto finally stepped out of his retard character and now looks like a serious fighter.

Oh... and I guess the three dots on last chapter were really something after all.

Yep, I got one right with GamaKen. The chameleon thing was obvously GamaBunta with Pa Frog and Naruto on top, which was what gave the funny head appearance making him look like a chameleon.

And the two swords of the other frog looked like Katsuyu's antenna's.

Raven
Mon, 12-29-2008, 07:55 PM
It seems kind of lame but I can't help but think it's cool at the same time. That was a very Goku-esque entrance. I don't really buy the way he's got this new power-up but all any of us can do is sit back and enjoy what's coming next. Hopefully it will be epic.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 12-29-2008, 08:25 PM
You know, this is pretty close to what I was expecting at the beginning of the time skip. I'm not sure it's better late than never at this point, but like everyone said, the chapter's damned cool. I'll continue reserving judgement.

edit: That particular body Naruto just owned should be called "bitch realm". It's the same one Kakashi "took out".

Assertn
Mon, 12-29-2008, 08:39 PM
not bad...mostly a build-up chapter though

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 12-29-2008, 08:44 PM
I like Naruto's eyes. They mean business.

And I couldnt help but be sucked in by the silhouettes of the Naruto, the Fourth and Jiraya

Cant wait for the cleaned up version...

LaZie
Mon, 12-29-2008, 08:52 PM
Freakin awesome, but he still used a rasengan to take out the body. Can't wait for a better quality and the next chapter to come out.

Archangel
Mon, 12-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Naruto's power level has gone ridiculously high in a matter of days while training with a sanin for 3 years and the legendary copy ninja for a few more got him 3 moves and the title of lamest ninja of all times... why doesn't this bother me?

Probably because he was so effing awesome !! Dam that was soe pure ownage right there, i dont care if the jutsu Pain used earlier weakened him or whatever, that realm was P'wnd in an epic way.

I just hope he doesnt do incredibly retarded to cancel this out, but im always predicting sakura or tsunade's line next chapter "I guess he didn't really change all that much". Leys hope i'm wrong.

Btw the red coat with the black flames plus the scroll was the first change in naruto's costume since the series began ( not counting the passage from shiipuden ), that alone should demonstrate some sort of change in his powe and (hopefully) his personality.

Freakin awesome, but he still used a rasengan to take out the body. Can't wait for a better quality and the next chapter to come out.

Really? It looked like a sage powered punch to me.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 12-29-2008, 09:02 PM
It didn't look as if he used rasengan. That Pein body just got smacked in the head with a good old fashioned fist.

LaZie
Mon, 12-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Really? It looked like a sage powered punch to me.

If you look closely you can see a rasengan in his right hand.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/LaZieKiD/17-18.jpg

michelous
Mon, 12-29-2008, 09:14 PM
yeah can't wait to see what naruto can do he would really awesome if he makes friends with his inner demon like killerbee

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Mon, 12-29-2008, 09:14 PM
ohhhhh snap. time for pain to get fucked in the streets... er.. crater.. of konoha, by some sage powered rasenshurikens. if i get anything more than that ill be surprised.

Archangel
Mon, 12-29-2008, 09:45 PM
If you look closely you can see a rasengan in his right hand.

You're right. Does that mean he can finally do it with one hand??? `hopes*

Lol im getting my hopes way too high after this chapter, im gonna be so disappointed in about a week.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 12-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Yep he does have rasengan, I stand corrected. And it seems he can do it one handed, as there don't seem to be any Kage Bunshins in sight. What would be really awesome is if he can do the rasen-shuriken one handed, which would mean he would theoretically create one in each hand and send it flying at two enemies rather than one.

RyougaZell
Mon, 12-29-2008, 10:23 PM
I seriously didn't notice one of the frogs was Gamabunta... lol.

Pyro411
Mon, 12-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Just a thought... what if he managed to tame/monkey stomp the inner beast & make it gather the energy for sage mode for him?

Makes sense... the frogs can't do it, possibly a shadow clone attached to him, but most logical would be the 9 tailed beast within him. -- Hopefully it's explained within the next few chapters.

Stitch
Mon, 12-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Yes, I am so hyped to see how much of a beating Naruto can take now!

Rikudo
Tue, 12-30-2008, 12:51 AM
Yeah, this sort of begs the question, how is he gathering sage chakra without any clones and able to move around at the same time? Also, isn't there a limit on how long he can stay in sage mode? so many questions.

On the other hand, I'm willing to turn a blind eye for now just to see more of this awesomeness.

Psyke
Tue, 12-30-2008, 03:58 AM
Good chapter, and I'm glad if he can finally do the Rasengan with one hand. Only thing I disliked was how Naruto is always said to have surpassed the 4th or even Jiraiya when he really hasn't accomplished much.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 12-30-2008, 08:02 AM
True say. I think Naruto should have at least a dozen or so jutsu plus have killed a similar amount of enemies before he can have said to have passed Jiraiya and the 4th.

And since he is also saving Tsunade's ass, technically he has kind of assumed the role of Hokage. Perhaps after this fight he will be declared Hokage and Tsunade will retire, if she survives this fight with Pein.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 12-30-2008, 10:07 AM
Naruto cant be Hokage yet. It will go to Danzou for some reason and Naruto will fight against the evil "empire" to become Hokage later in life. It is just too soon for him to be Hokage in my opinion.

darkshadow
Tue, 12-30-2008, 10:11 AM
Why says he did it with one hand? Maybe the bunshin just dissolved mid air.
Unless we see him do it from the start with one hand it doesn't count.
Though he might've cause the rasengan was also tiny compared to his usual ones.

Marik
Tue, 12-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Better version up now.

RyougaZell
Tue, 12-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Better in image quality, yet lower in translation. Full of mistakes and everything... oh well, can't have it all.

And I was thinking it was the lower quality version... but seeing the same here I must question... what the hell? I see too much pencil marks on several pages... as if they were published uncleaned... I mean... I don't remember Kishimoto drawing like this before... I mean the pages where the injured are getting up or when the chick Pain (its a girl right...?) prepares to jump to summon the others

UChessmaster
Tue, 12-30-2008, 12:24 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/430/14/

I don`t understand what konan meant on the last part.

Assertn
Tue, 12-30-2008, 12:25 PM
do people find it hard to believe that naruto gathered his sage chakra before being summoned?

UChessmaster
Tue, 12-30-2008, 12:32 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/429/10/

yes, considering he was in normal state like a second before being summoned

DB_Hunter
Tue, 12-30-2008, 12:50 PM
What would really show Naruto has gone to the next level is if he does Kage Bunshin and fights the remaining bodies of Pein by himself.

Assertn
Tue, 12-30-2008, 01:08 PM
Yeah....that scene was a second before the summon...but it was not a second before Naruto and the grandpa frog sent the messenger frog to the grandma frog.

Uberbaka
Tue, 12-30-2008, 02:27 PM
You didn't see his costume change, did you? Then you might not have seen the gathering.

Logic, baby.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 12-30-2008, 02:37 PM
I think it makes sense that he can do rasengan with one hand now. I mean he learned how to use Sage Chakra. Which is way more difficult to control and maintain then normal chakra. So im just assuming that's why he learned how to do that.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Tue, 12-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Regardless of being able to do the Rasengan one handed or not, I always think that it is cool when Naruto actually is able to surprise someone, let alone kill them in one hit. Normally Naruto likes to stand around and shout, this reminded me of when he was protecting Tsundae the last time against Kabuto.

Archangel
Tue, 12-30-2008, 03:11 PM
All these "he can do it one handed" assumptions are gonna blow up in our faces, i just know it.

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/430/14/

I don`t understand what konan meant on the last part.

She meant that he focused focused all his chakra into deva path and that while that gave him awesome power its too risky ( Awesome jutsu, but shortens his life span)

Then i assume she meant she was retreating from battle to go assist the original body. It was probably kinda messed up from using the Shinra Tensei.

Sidnne
Tue, 12-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Yeah, this sort of begs the question, how is he gathering sage chakra without any clones and able to move around at the same time? Also, isn't there a limit on how long he can stay in sage mode? so many questions.

On the other hand, I'm willing to turn a blind eye for now just to see more of this awesomeness.

If you remember from a few chapters ago, 427 I think, when Naruto was talking to the frog. Naruto had an epiphany when the frog mentioned looking left and right at the same time. So he obviously figured something out at that point and is now able to gather the energy while moving.

Patriot
Tue, 12-30-2008, 09:26 PM
If you remember from a few chapters ago, 427 I think, when Naruto was talking to the frog. Naruto had an epiphany when the frog mentioned looking left and right at the same time. So he obviously figured something out at that point and is now able to gather the energy while moving.

Yeah I thought that was going to be another shadow clone gathering sage chakra for him. Which I called a long time ago, so if he did something different, that would be amazing, cause getting his clones to do everything is garbage. Its not unique anymore, it was unique when he learend Rasengen with it, not with Rasen Shuriken and definately not Sage gathering mode. I'm guessing its still a shadow clone hiding somewhere, but time will tell.

Otherwise, pretty cool chapter, can't wait for more...

Archangel
Tue, 12-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Yeah I thought that was going to be another shadow clone gathering sage chakra for him. Which I called a long time ago, so if he did something different, that would be amazing, cause getting his clones to do everything is garbage. Its not unique anymore, it was unique when he learend Rasengen with it, not with Rasen Shuriken and definately not Sage gathering mode. I'm guessing its still a shadow clone hiding somewhere, but time will tell.

Otherwise, pretty cool chapter, can't wait for more...

That would mean naruto only had half his chakra left, now i know he has kyuubi + his chakra + sage chakra but fighting pain at only half power seems a little ridiculous.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 12-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Well it could be that he created loads of clones on the frog mountain and left them there. All of them are safely gathering sage chakra and whenever Naruto needs it, one dissapears and send back the gathered chakra for him to use.

Archangel
Tue, 12-30-2008, 11:00 PM
Kage bunshins surely don't survive so far away from the original.

Sidnne
Wed, 12-31-2008, 12:04 AM
Kage bunshins surely don't survive so far away from the original.

I don't recall there ever being a limit to the distance a kage bunshin could "survive" away from the original.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Wed, 12-31-2008, 12:20 AM
Well it could be that he created loads of clones on the frog mountain and left them there. All of them are safely gathering sage chakra and whenever Naruto needs it, one dissapears and send back the gathered chakra for him to use.

unfortunately i think youre probably right.

Assertn
Wed, 12-31-2008, 12:55 AM
frankly, that'd be awesome.

Idealistic
Wed, 12-31-2008, 02:24 AM
Well one thing is for sure. Naruto will be fighting Pain with Kage Bunshins and they'll both be seeing each other from different angles.

This must be Rinnegan's weakness, aside from the not knowing where the real one is part.

itadakimasu
Wed, 12-31-2008, 09:04 AM
my predictions since konoha is crushed, kakashi is possibly dead...

naruto will be nearly dead and sasuke will sacrifice himself to save naruto.
naruto will then power up and destoy pain and anybody else in his way.

or...
sasuke sees konoha destoyed and is like.... YOU BASTARD!!! sasuke kills pain, naruto kills sasuke. the end.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Wed, 12-31-2008, 10:40 AM
I am going to predict that Naruto and his crew kill most of the "Peins", and then some ultimate attack is released and Naruto and the rest of them will be saved...by Gaara!

Carnage
Wed, 12-31-2008, 12:10 PM

Perhaps you should be writing this series in Kishimoto's place, that's actually an pretty damn good idea.

Sidnne
Wed, 12-31-2008, 02:29 PM
I am going to predict that Naruto and his crew kill most of the "Peins", and then some ultimate attack is released and Naruto and the rest of them will be saved...by Gaara!

I really don't have a prediction, but I don't expect Pein to be defeated here and now. I expect that Naruto will take out a few more bodies and cause Pein to retreat. Team Gai is also on their way back to Konoha, so hopefully they will factor in somehow.

Patriot
Wed, 12-31-2008, 06:18 PM
I want to do this too....Make a prediction...

So, Naruto has an epic battle with Pein, keeping in mind that Naruto can't be killed by Pein because he needs the nine tails within him. So Naruto, after the aforementioned epic battle pretends to lose to Pein so that when all of Atasuki gathers for real...wait..I just rememered something, the Raikage is on his way or something, and the 8 tails is still out there....maybe with a huge whole in the middle of Konoha, we can see some kyuubi action with 8 tails and 9 tails vs Pein and Sasuke running in the opposite direction at top speed, claiming something about leaving the iron on back at his hideout.

But seriously, I don't think you can have all that awsomeness in one arc. Pein vs Naruto, should happen, but I think 8 tails rapper boy will have something to factor in with, or his brother the Raikage. And Naruto will probaly fight Pein in his home city too. Something that will cause a stalemate in Konoha will occur, that I am almost sure of. ANd Kakashi ain't dead yet from the looks of it.

DB_Hunter
Wed, 12-31-2008, 08:40 PM
Well even if Naruto and co defeat all 6 bodies we know Pein will still survive, as according to Jiraiya he isn't there. Actually it may not be so unplausable that Sasuke and co plus the Eight tails jump in to Konoha right now and have a real rumble, though I do concede that sounds just too good to be true.

I think this battle will last quite a while though, as you have so many fighters/potential fighters involved. We still have yet to see the entry of Gai's team and that could prolong things.

Spaceaprion
Wed, 12-31-2008, 08:53 PM
I think Naruto used Fusion with his clone, because the old frog wasn't able to...then again there is no head sticking out of his shoulder. Maybe its a complete Fusion.

Even though Naruto showed up, I can't see the Hokage being like, "oh Naruto's here, im going to go have a sit down." I would really like to see Sakura join in the fight, but I guess she's going to be stuck looking after the injured. Even if she could only chill on one of the big frogs, I think she should be there to witness Naruto if and when he melts any more faces.

werelobster
Wed, 12-31-2008, 11:37 PM
So am I the only one that thinks his new costume components (robe and scroll) are actually kage bunshins gathering the sage chakra and letting him appear to do rasengans one handed?

DB_Hunter
Wed, 12-31-2008, 11:42 PM
So am I the only one that thinks his new costume components (robe and scroll) are actually kage bunshins gathering the sage chakra and letting him appear to do rasengans one handed?
I would probably think so, yes.

Archangel
Thu, 01-01-2009, 12:40 AM

They would still move with him.

But the idea to turn kage bunshins into weapons is another ability naruto seems to forget... alot. And every time he does it hes awesome.

I don't recall there ever being a limit to the distance a kage bunshin could "survive" away from the original.

Im assuming because i know that the water bunshin at least does have a distance limit for it to work.

I mean if not what would stop a ninja from sending a kage bunshin fight for him in every single mission? Just doesnt make sense i think.

Tyreal
Thu, 01-01-2009, 05:39 AM
I mean if not what would stop a ninja from sending a kage bunshin fight for him in every single mission? Just doesnt make sense i think.

Well if they sent a kagebunshin that kagebunshin would only have half the Chakara of the original AND it would be destroyed after it gets damaged once (which isn't very useful).

Archangel
Thu, 01-01-2009, 05:56 AM
Well if they sent a kagebunshin that kagebunshin would only have half the Chakara of the original AND it would be destroyed after it gets damaged once (which isn't very useful).

Yet in every stealth/assassination mission half chakra should be sufficient since you only have to retrieve info/kill target without being caught. And if you were, the bunshin would simply disappear, leaving absolutely no trace of its identity to the assailants.

To be able to do this from the comfort of your own homw is turning the kage bunshin into a bigger hack jutsu than the sharingan..

Death BOO Z
Thu, 01-01-2009, 06:29 AM
if that's the case, then they can make naruto sit in the middle of the village (oh, too late about that) and have bunshins as guardmen in the village gates, and have clones as scouting teams, and clones as traps.

heck, if naruto wants, he can clone\copy the village by himself for a few hours (totally not related to a current arc in any other manga).

we all know that shadow clone is the most misused jutsu naruto has. it's old news.

poopdeville
Thu, 01-01-2009, 07:27 AM
It has already been stated that the Shadow Clone technique was designed for reconnaissance missions, just like every other clone technique.

This reminds me of something. Presumably, the Shadow clone technique is a shadow element technique. And if Minato and Naruto were, hypothetically, to have a kekkei genkai, what would it be? "Shadow Wind" Almost sounds space-time related.

What if Naruto could learn to make Wind Clones, made of Wind Rasengan-type chakra? Suddenly, his clones would be extremely dangerous. Just touching them melts your skin off. Or what if he could make Rasengan armor to protect him like the Kyuubi shroud does now? What would a Shadow Element Rasengan be?

I mean, the Rasengan is obviously Naruto's most important move. It might as well get put to good use in creative ways.

usp686
Thu, 01-01-2009, 07:33 AM
I was bouncing around reading this manga. MASSIVE DROOL. OMG i love naruto so damn much. Naruto finally gets the pelvic thrust of awesomeness. I NEED NEXT WEEK NOW!

usp686
Thu, 01-01-2009, 07:42 AM
http://www.stickpageportal.com/forums/image.php?u=55&dateline=1124191257 Dunno if this works if no..O well

Archangel
Thu, 01-01-2009, 09:02 AM
It has already been stated that the Shadow Clone technique was designed for reconnaissance missions, just like every other clone technique.

Yes but in every ocasion they have been used with some proximity to the original.

For example, in Kakashi Gaiden when he uses chidori to destroy the kage bunshins of the enemy ninja, why would that enemy ninja keep the original near the bunshin? Wouldn't it be smarter to just escape and let the clones do the work for him?

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 01-01-2009, 09:24 AM
Clones are destroyable. If your clone gets destroyed during a mission, and you're say, miles and miles back home, the mission is over, and trying again might not be an option. Now, you can send a clone and have that clone make clones, but again, the power level of each clone is severely reduce. The plan of sending a clone to do up to a B rank mission might be fine, but the second you have a mission where you can expect a moderate amount of competent resistance, you don't just send a clone. You go. Plus there's the matter of dealing with the unexpected, where what might've begun as, say an A rank mission, ends up becomming an SSJ3 rank mission. Sending a shadow clone to do a mission is plain...unprofessional.

I MASSIVE DROOL. OMG i love naruto so damn much. Naruto finally gets the pelvic thrust of awesomeness. I NEED IT NOW!

Lol. So gay xD. *quote edited for awesomeness*

SilentSnake
Thu, 01-01-2009, 09:54 AM
All this makes me think of "Naruto Gakure", where there are only Naruto bunshins + his sexy no jutsu counterparts. He could make his own "Matrix" :P

Honestly - when one of the frogs said "you see these old, familiar moves" or sth like that after Naruto owning one of Pain's bodies just like that I thought - KONOHA'S YELLOW FLASH ! ;)

DB_Hunter
Thu, 01-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Bunshins can work at distance from the the host. Remember the time Yamato sent his wood clone after Sai, Orochimaru and Kabuto? They just aren't too useful in direct battle, as they get destroyed with one hit.

And this theory hasn't really had to be tested before, as this application is pretty much unique to Naruto. Jiraiya didn't need Kage Bunshins because the frogs could fuse with him, but Naruto has no other choice it seems.

Patriot
Thu, 01-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Remember when Yamamoto sent his wood clone after sai, didn't he use a headset or something to comunicate back with the original. Problem with shadow clones is, that if they get destroyed, no one besides Naruto would know because no information is send back to the original. So even for intel missions, only Naruto's clones after gathering intel and then say getting picked off by the enemy, could transmit the information back to the user.

Also, I'm not sure but keep in mind, for Naruto the Shadow clones work differently. OR at least they did before he stopped using the Kyuubi's chakra. When Naruto was making those uber clones (except for at the start of the anime which made no sense when he first found/stole the forbidden scroll) his Chakra isn't divided in half to make the Tajuu clones, rather his Chakra is increasing exponentially due to the influx of Kyuubi chakra. And now that he is using his own chakra without relying on the Kyuubi chakra, he is limiting his Tajuu (however it is spelt), clones to two or three at a time.

Its my theory, tell me what you think.

Uberbaka
Thu, 01-01-2009, 02:13 PM
I dunno, to me it seems logical that there would be a time limit on them since we've never seen anything like this.. And I wouldn't think clones can make more clones either.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 01-01-2009, 02:17 PM
Naruto was able to send a large amount of clones through the woods to look for Sasuke, I dont know how far they were from him though...

Archangel
Thu, 01-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Bunshins can work at distance from the the host. Remember the time Yamato sent his wood clone after Sai, Orochimaru and Kabuto? They just aren't too useful in direct battle, as they get destroyed with one hit.

Thats a completely different playing field, thats a bloodline limit.

Sidnne
Thu, 01-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Im assuming because i know that the water bunshin at least does have a distance limit for it to work.

To make assumptions about this is pointless. To say "kage bunshins surely don't survive so far away from the original." in a direct statement, as though it were fact, is irresponsible. Nothing has been stated in the manga and no evidence has ever been given to support such a statement.

Archangel
Thu, 01-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Yes, but even in naruto it's safe to assume certain things using common sense isn't it?

Clones are destroyable. If your clone gets destroyed during a mission, and you're say, miles and miles back home, the mission is over, and trying again might not be an option. Now, you can send a clone and have that clone make clones, but again, the power level of each clone is severely reduce. The plan of sending a clone to do up to a B rank mission might be fine, but the second you have a mission where you can expect a moderate amount of competent resistance, you don't just send a clone. You go. Plus there's the matter of dealing with the unexpected, where what might've begun as, say an A rank mission, ends up becomming an SSJ3 rank mission. Sending a shadow clone to do a mission is plain...unprofessional.

Yeah but not all ninjas are Hatake Kakashi, who can have their mision upgraded by 1 or 2 grades and do just fine.

If that happened to the average ninja having the original there would only get him killed, while having only kage bunshins would at least give you a chance to come back with a stronger group of ninjas or at least come back knowing the strength of your enemy to some extent.

You guys keep saying it would suck because the clones die so easily. You know what really sucks? Dying :p

FireEmblem
Thu, 01-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Slick chapter. That damn asura pain just keeps coming back! Though seeing him in this arc answered a question that I had always wondered about. I always wondered how the hell did he take Jiraiya's arm off. I thought he like bit his arm and shit, but now that we see that he has that huge sharp blade thing I can see how he did it.

Sidnne
Thu, 01-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Yes, but even in naruto it's safe to assume certain things using common sense isn't it?

It's not safe to present things as fact when there is nothing to support it.

Present it as theory, opinion, or as a question. Otherwise, you are providing false information.

Archangel
Thu, 01-01-2009, 06:45 PM
It's not safe to present things as fact when there is nothing to support it.

Present it as theory, opinion, or as a question. Otherwise, you are providing false information.

Thats how i meant to present it, as a theory.

Kage bunshins probably don't survive so far away from the original.

Better? :D

Uberbaka
Thu, 01-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Have we ever seen the owner of bunshins get knocked unconscious? Just trying to think if they would still be around if the owner goes to sleep, maybe there's some limit there to explain the lack of (more) hacks around the technique.

Stitch
Fri, 01-02-2009, 11:48 AM
Naruto's minus sign frog eyes are so cool. He should stay in sage form all the time. He's going to get so much attention now. Hinata at home and Sakura on the side. Lovely.

Dansetsu
Fri, 01-02-2009, 11:54 AM
Naruto's minus sign frog eyes are so cool. He should stay in sage form all the time. He's going to get so much attention now. Hinata at home and Sakura on the side. Lovely.
Hmmm,...I don't know if I totally agree with that. They look interesting but, I'd actually like to see his minus eyes, with his regular blue eyes. Now that would be bad ass my friend.

Idealistic
Fri, 01-02-2009, 10:46 PM

If the 3 Sannins and Team 7 mean anything, then I'm going to assume Naruto and Sakura end up together. Naruto being with her will just be another example of them surpassing their senseis (ex, Jiraiya never getting with Tsunade).

Hinata will probably just move on like how all romance shows are. Girl likes boy, but later realizes boy has no interest because he's interested in another girl and moves on.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 01-03-2009, 07:40 AM
That's just sad, because Hinata is better in every conceivable way.

Munsu
Sat, 01-03-2009, 09:59 AM
Hinata sucks. I really don't get the fascination with those types of characters.

Patriot
Sat, 01-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Its personal taste, and no girl doesn't move on, she becomes a spiteful bitch that tries ruining you at every trun...OPS that was you standing there? I thought that was the enemy when I used my uber attack just now... OH? Did I forget to mention the trap I just layed there that you just walked into? My bad!!!

Yeah, Hinata gonna lay down some ownage if she can't get a piece of Naurto's ass.

Archangel
Sat, 01-03-2009, 10:32 AM
Hinata sucks. I really don't get the fascination with those types of characters.

Bigger boobs

Nough said

Paper
Sat, 01-03-2009, 08:00 PM
Bigger boobs

Nough said

That's one of the many reasons why tsuande gets screen time lol .

Stitch
Sun, 01-04-2009, 02:08 PM
Hinata is awesome by default because she is part of the Hyuuga, but she's also so sweet and nice (which is usually the case with shy and humble people). She's fit, her hair is stylish, she follows the house rules of the Hyuuga leadership, etc. How could you possibly pass up on a girl like that to raise your children and give the family a sense of structure? Plus, you know a girl with Byukagan will have her wild side too (for those special occassions).

Sakura, on the other hand... is great for looking at but not touching. Only someone like Riddick from Pitch Black could handle a girl like her. She's much too feisty. She and Tsunade are closet feminists.

Dansetsu
Mon, 01-05-2009, 12:43 AM
do people find it hard to believe that naruto gathered his sage chakra before being summoned?*raises hand in the air like in a classroom*

Yeah I find it really hard to believe. Mostly because he's just not ready for it and if anything Kishi squeezed 2 months or whatever of sage training to build Naruto into some kind of beast in a small amount of time. That would be hard to believe for anyone no matter how much they love the series. Although he should be better overall from the training no matter how long the training was. So I'll give the kid and Kishi for that matter, that one. So the rasengan being one handed, I can believe that.

Munsu
Mon, 01-05-2009, 12:09 PM
We've seen these types of powerups happen before. Look at what Oro's cursed seal did to Sasuke.

Archangel
Mon, 01-05-2009, 01:09 PM
We've seen these types of powerups happen before. Look at what Oro's cursed seal did to Sasuke.

In Sasuke's case, he was already a good ninja to begin with.

Naruto just went from i suck at life to i own S level ninjas with 1 move.

Dansetsu
Mon, 01-05-2009, 02:13 PM
In Sasuke's case, he was already a good ninja to begin with.

Naruto just went from i suck at life to i own S level ninjas with 1 move. Thank You! That's what I wanted to hear from someone. Finally someone agrees with me. And at least Naruto trained. Sasuke may have spent a year with Orochimaru, but he gave him half of his "emergency backup" power in the cursed seal.

Uchiha Barles
Mon, 01-05-2009, 03:56 PM
God, I have to defend this guy again. Naruto isn't a "I suck at life" ninja. He generally has two problems. 1) He goes into combat with abilities that are incomplete, 2) He's fighting opponents where he needs those techniques to be able to defeat them.

Go back to the Kakuzu fight. If his wind rasengan was ready, as in he wasn't pressed for time during his training, he would've owned him in much the same way he just owned Pain's body. Go back to his fight against Gaara. If Naruto succeeded in summoning Gamabunta on his first attempt, the fight would've seemed like much less bullshit.

Besides, there's nothing he did here in this chapter that he couldn't have done before. He got the drop on Deidara in the exact same manner, better even, just without the rasengan.

Archangel
Mon, 01-05-2009, 04:08 PM
If he had done this, if he had done that...

Yes if he had done those things he wouldn't suck, but he did do them.

Whatever, i just hope this recent powerup is for real. No more bullshit shadow clones getting owned and rasengans missing the target every single time. He doesn't have to be great, just make him decent.

Sidnne
Mon, 01-05-2009, 05:04 PM
He doesn't have to be great, just make him decent.

He is fighting Pein, who just leveled all of Konoha. The entire village is counting on him and regarding him as their savior at this point. And it is being stated that he has surpassed both Jiraiya and the 4th.

He DOES have to be great.

Archangel
Mon, 01-05-2009, 06:44 PM
He is fighting Pein, who just leveled all of Konoha. The entire village is counting on him and regarding him as their savior at this point. And it is being stated that he has surpassed both Jiraiya and the 4th.

He DOES have to be great.

Wasn't that what you were thinking when he went 1 on 1 with Kakuzu? And 5 seconds afterwards he managed to make a fool of himself and only win by an amazing combo of hax jutsu + kakuzu being an idiot.

Again, i hope i'm wrong about this, but i'm just saying that naruto has a long record of pulling our hopes up only to amke our eyes bleed on the following chapters.

Marik
Tue, 01-06-2009, 03:33 AM
Naruto has been hyped up so much, but I sense a big letdown coming. I see Zetsu showing up and telling Pain he needs to return, since Sasuke failed to capture, Killerbee. It was already said, that they need to seal the Nine-Tails last to maintain balance, or the sealing statue would crumble. Pain will end up having to capture Killerbee instead, delaying his fight with Naruto, for now.

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 01-06-2009, 01:05 PM
If he had done this, if he had done that...

Yes if he had done those things he wouldn't suck, but he did do them.

Whatever, i just hope this recent powerup is for real. No more bullshit shadow clones getting owned and rasengans missing the target every single time. He doesn't have to be great, just make him decent.

Well, that's exactly my point. The reason he didn't do those things was because of failed jutsus, which were on account of his training being rushed for one reason or another. For the most part, whenever he went into battle with completed jutsu, he's actually been pretty decent.

I can't argue with the second part though. I'm worried that they're going to ruin this again with another bout of stupid fuck ups. Plus, if one month for the summoning jutsu was rushed, and one week for the rasengan was rushed, then I can't really say that 1 week for the Sage energy wasn't rushed. The only difference now is, there's no one is saying "his jutsu is incomplete", and there's no "life or death" requirement needed to motivate him not to fuck up. Can't blame me for hoping can ya?

poopdeville
Thu, 01-08-2009, 02:38 AM
I'm with Barles. I just wrote a post about this subject in the anime forum. The rasengan and kage bunshin are extremely dangerous in the hands of a capable fighter. In short, even before the Sage training, Naruto was a decent fighter with poor concentration and chakra control. But he DEFINITELY improved in both respects after the time jump, and has since studied those skills in depth with the toads.

A steady stream of kage bunshin wielding rasengans can keep even the strongest fighter from standing still a moment, let along thinking up a plan. Meanwhile, Naruto (or a clone) can think of a plan at his own pace. We saw this much with the Kakuzu fight.

Sorry for the double post. My internet connection is acting weird.

UChessmaster
Fri, 01-09-2009, 01:19 AM
no ep this week = (

rockmanj
Fri, 01-09-2009, 01:23 AM
No jump this week?

Paper
Fri, 01-09-2009, 08:33 AM
yup shonen is on a break this week ........again.

Archangel
Fri, 01-09-2009, 09:47 AM
Ffs... they have all these breaks after doing the ultimate cock teaser chapter ??

itadakimasu
Fri, 01-09-2009, 11:25 AM
weak sauce.... i was checking yesterday and today for 431

-=DS=-S.W.A.T3
Fri, 01-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Hinata is awesome by default because she is part of the Hyuuga, but she's also so sweet and nice (which is usually the case with shy and humble people). She's fit, her hair is stylish, she follows the house rules of the Hyuuga leadership, etc. How could you possibly pass up on a girl like that to raise your children and give the family a sense of structure? Plus, you know a girl with Byukagan will have her wild side too (for those special occassions).

Sakura, on the other hand... is great for looking at but not touching. Only someone like Riddick from Pitch Black could handle a girl like her. She's much too feisty. She and Tsunade are closet feminists.

haha would suck if hinata turns out to be the jealous type then u can never cheat on her without her catching u o.o