PDA

View Full Version : Un-ban everyone to increase traffic

Animeniax
Sun, 12-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Why not un-ban some of the old timers like SK or mage to help get things hopping around here? I think the interaction of old farts like these with some of the new blood would make for a riot and interesting conversation.

Besides, the old admins/mods who banned them are mostly gone anyway, so whatever personal disagreements they once had won't be a problem anymore.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-28-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm in agreement with this, mainly because I'd like to meet some of these old-timers. I doubt it'll increase traffic though, unless SK and mage have been lurking GW forums the whole time they've been banned.

Animeniax
Sun, 12-28-2008, 09:32 PM
When I was banned I lurked once or twice, then stopped visiting. After a couple months I happened to check back and noticed I was no longer banned, then started visiting again. Same thing could happen with these other guys.

Sapphire
Sun, 12-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Ooh I remember those users. I think I saw mage on IRC earlier..

They were banned? How come? Flaming?

Animeniax
Sun, 12-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Probably some petty misdeed or other. We need folks like that here to keep things interesting. With the new class of mods who actually visit the forums, they'd keep these guys in check.

Sapphire
Sun, 12-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Mm. I'm in agreement with you, then.

Animeniax
Mon, 12-29-2008, 12:27 AM
Is there a way to see who all are currently banned?

And will the mod who moved the thread be so kind as to put his two cents in on the subject?

XanBcoo
Mon, 12-29-2008, 12:34 AM
And will the mod who moved the thread be so kind as to put his two cents in on the subject?
I think it's a great idea. The forum doesn't really need rules anyway. Here's to a new era of blatant racism, spamming goatse, and a general decrease in posting quality. Bitchin :cool:.

"Old timers" like Mage and SK have been banned and unbanned more times than any of us can remember. If anyone has been permabanned it's because they were awful posters and deserved it.

complich8
Mon, 12-29-2008, 02:27 AM
No, users can't see the ban list, only mods/admins can. about 95% of permabans are spambots.

We don't need to relive old forum drama to liven the place up... old permabans are permanent, for real.

it'd probably be good not to devote too much energy into dredging up the worst of gotwoot history to figure out why the shittiest people we've dealt with were deserving of the title and their fates.

Honestly, I would hope that the people we've permabanned have moved on to better ways to waste their time. It's probably giving people too much credit (as we've seen with Mage showing up on IRC again), but you'd really hope that these folks would just get over it and get on with their lives. If we unbanned them and they came back, it'd mean they hadn't grown, which is just depressing.

mage
Tue, 01-13-2009, 09:07 PM
hi? a

GuitarCrazyo
Wed, 10-28-2009, 05:27 PM
I think that you should run an adsense campaign only when you are selling your products online. Using it for just increasing traffic is a foolishness.

complich8
Wed, 10-28-2009, 05:32 PM
wtf? are you a poorly-written bot or something?
... srsly

Munsu
Thu, 10-29-2009, 01:10 PM
wtf? are you a poorly-written bot or something?
... srsly

I'm still scratching my head.