PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 90

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-25-2008, 08:12 PM
[DB] Naruto Shippuuden - 90 (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns090.torrent)

Kusanagi
Thu, 12-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Why more filler?

Uberbaka
Thu, 12-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Because they want to get as much money as they can out of the franchise.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 12-25-2008, 11:31 PM
Funny episode. The new scene in the opening was cool.

So Naruto is going to travel with Jirayia again, why exactly? So he can learn more jack squat? He learned more in a week with Kakashi than he did in 3 years with Jirayia.

I really laughed at the scene where they were like "Hey Kakashi, we finished a mission and you aren't in the hospital. What gives?" I was thinking that same thing last week.

Pandadice
Fri, 12-26-2008, 12:18 AM
ehh it was on okay episode. the opening scene was really cool. anbu members killing themselves, whoa. can't wait to see some more of Shino. Naruto.. was in a training session until like 3 episodes ago, when he came out of it, revealed his brand new move, and now he's gonna go back to training? lol.

isn't the shadow clone jutsu supposed to be like forbidden or high level or something? it's on that like secret scroll thing. why is konohamaru doing it? and why does Naruto play it off as though any one should be able to do it with ease?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 12-26-2008, 12:35 AM
ehh it was on okay episode. the opening scene was really cool. anbu members killing themselves, whoa. can't wait to see some more of Shino. Naruto.. was in a training session until like 3 episodes ago, when he came out of it, revealed his brand new move, and now he's gonna go back to training? lol.

isn't the shadow clone jutsu supposed to be like forbidden or high level or something? it's on that like secret scroll thing. why is konohamaru doing it? and why does Naruto play it off as though any one should be able to do it with ease?

well he is sarutobi konohamaru. and Naruto most likely taught him it... its not like he hasn't done it in every fight idk why that would be hard to grasp. whys it seem easy to naruto? he just changed the landscape without even goin kyuubi? he makes a thousand shadow clones? idk idk...

this one had me laughing a couple times. def on the stronger side of shippuu episodes. these fillers dont look half as bad as the others. I actually got that feeling of 'damn i wish i could watch the next episode' after seeing the preview... truly a rarity of our time.

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-26-2008, 01:46 AM
Best part was seeing Tayuya again....

I loled at Kakashi trying to feed Naruto after Sai tried as well...

Oh and... for all those 'filler haters'... this scene, alongside Konohamaru's did happen on the manga.

ASSpirine
Fri, 12-26-2008, 11:26 AM
it was about time that team Kurenai got out, guess she is too busy grieving Asuma.
Hope the filler aint too bad, was a funny episode this week. Next week the last DB Naruto...

Assertn
Fri, 12-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Ah man...they totally ruined one of the funniest scenes in the manga....

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/347/007/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/347/008/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/347/009/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/347/010/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/347/011/

(lol)

Pandadice
Fri, 12-26-2008, 12:34 PM
well they did say that the drop is effective January 15th. when English subs start streaming for free. If 91 is released on new years day, then they should be able to get 92 out on the 8th maybe, but then drop it on the 15th. so maybe 2 more episodes?

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Ah man...they totally ruined one of the funniest scenes in the manga....

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/347/007/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/347/008/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/347/009/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/347/010/
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/347/011/

(lol)Holy shit, that was hilarious!
it was about time that team Kurenai got out, guess she is too busy grieving Asuma.Also, she's pregnant.

KrayZ33
Fri, 12-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Hinata is my waifu! <3

ep was ok.. looking forward to see some Shino action soon

lilphatboi88
Fri, 12-26-2008, 05:48 PM
Okay, for a filler. If it was anything else, I'd be mad since we know this stuff is supposed to happen in the manga, but not much anything happened, except the repeat of everything that's been said.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Comedy relief was funny, but if they stuck to the manga, it would have been even funnier. Is Naruto's training session a filler? Because if it is, he should learn absolutely nothing useful, unless they really stuff up canon material (if they haven't already).

ASSpirine
Fri, 12-26-2008, 07:07 PM
lol, why did they leave the funniest part out...
Guess it's more inappropriate on tv

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Guess it's more inappropriate on tv

Nonsense...that scene's as gay as Konohamaru's is yuri.

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Well probably see the second part of the joke in 20 or 30 episodes... which means... Assertn just posted a spoiler openly :D

lilphatboi88
Fri, 12-26-2008, 09:13 PM
freakin manga reading spoiling punks..

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Comedy relief was funny, but if they stuck to the manga, it would have been even funnier. Is Naruto's training session a filler? Because if it is, he should learn absolutely nothing useful, unless they really stuff up canon material (if they haven't already).You know what, I would not complain if the fillers had Naruto learn a couple extra basic techniques. Since its pretty obvious that Kishi is never gonna give him anything but clones/rasengans/fox frenzies.

That director that does all the awesome fight scenes usually adds a crapload of extra material to those fights(like Shikamaru's scrolls), so if they had Naruto learn a few more basic wind jutsu it would give that guy more to work with.

Kraco
Sat, 12-27-2008, 09:27 AM
Somehow Hinata sounded even more like Nana Mizuki's other roles than I remembered. I guess it's only because she hasn't had that much screen time for a while and I had forgotten. In any case I won't mind seeing her (and of course Shino's creepiness).

A decent enough episode. Though like DE said, going with Jiraiya is complete waste of time. The man won't teach anything but use all of Naruto's savings in women and booze.

poopdeville
Sat, 12-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Jiraiya won't teach anything because it's filler. Jiraiya has taught Naruto plenty.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 12-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Yeah, but oddly enough he taught him a lot in the two month long stints he spent with him, and then managed to not teach him jack shit when he had 3 years to work with him, you know, when the series was essentially rebooting and bringing Naruto in with some new techniques would have been cool and interesting.

Besides, it's not like filler hasn't given characters new techniques before. Both Shino and Hinata had jutsu in fillers they've never used in the canon episodes.

Archangel
Sat, 12-27-2008, 10:40 PM
Jiraiya won't teach anything because it's filler. Jiraiya has taught Naruto plenty.

Yeah, a bigger rasengan and ......... ?

Is Naruto's training session a filler? Because if it is, he should learn absolutely nothing useful, unless they really stuff up canon material (if they haven't already).

Maybe it's just hopeful thinking but in theory he could learn a filler jutsu that could be added to some none-canon fighting scenes in the future.

Pandadice
Sat, 12-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Yeah, a bigger rasengan and ......... ?

Maybe it's just hopeful thinking but in theory he could learn a filler jutsu that could be added to some none-canon fighting scenes in the future.

Jiraiya taught him summoning and the rasengan.

Archangel
Sat, 12-27-2008, 11:31 PM
I meant in the 3 year skip

lilphatboi88
Sun, 12-28-2008, 03:35 AM
I meant in the 3 year skip

Well, you could look at it this way...What has Sasuke learned from Orochimaru in these 3 years?

Pandadice
Sun, 12-28-2008, 03:47 AM
the ability to put off electricity from his entire body? and he got really fast.

Assertn
Sun, 12-28-2008, 04:12 AM
And Sasuke has his own "that" jutsu that we haven't seen yet.

Archangel
Sun, 12-28-2008, 05:59 AM
Well, you could look at it this way...What has Sasuke learned from Orochimaru in these 3 years?

the ability to put off electricity from his entire body? and he got really fast.

And Sasuke has his own "that" jutsu that we haven't seen yet.

A new sword that can have a chidori run through it and apparently a "throwable" chidori.

But other than that yeah, he learned nothing...

Kraco
Sun, 12-28-2008, 09:07 AM
Haha. We have seen a few minutes of Sasuke every now and then. He could have plenty of new skills that we have had no reason to see.

Azonalanthious
Sun, 12-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Jiraiya taught him summoning and the rasengan.

Also, breaking/dispelling illusions and the 'safe' limits of the demon fox cloak and what triggers it. Additionally, there are a few minor things that haven't been discussed in series, but that I felt Naruto had improved at. Notably, his Taijustus has seems stronger to me then it was pre-skip.

Also, one thing to remember is that it was stated at one point that it took the fourth 3 years to develop rasengen. Under Jiraiya, in the same time of 3 years, Naruto developed a new version without using Kakashi's clone training method. So I don't think we can really trash Jiraiya TOO much as a trainer.

Archangel
Sun, 12-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Also, one thing to remember is that it was stated at one point that it took the fourth 3 years to develop rasengen. Under Jiraiya, in the same time of 3 years, Naruto developed a new version without using Kakashi's clone training method. So I don't think we can really trash Jiraiya TOO much as a trainer.

The fourth created a new A jutsu out of nowhere, a jutsu who had the capability to be improved to S status.

Naruto made it a little bigger...

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Maybe it's just hopeful thinking but in theory he could learn a filler jutsu that could be added to some none-canon fighting scenes in the future.Exactly, like I already said. The director that does all the best Naruto fights has a habit of adding parts to those fights that make them more awesome. Sometimes he even adds abilities(for example, Shikamaru's use of the water scroll on Kakuzu).

They could give Naruto some new low level abilities. Like a wind slice like Sora's, and that gives that director something else to work with when he's adding those little filler moments to the fight scenes.

Haha. We have seen a few minutes of Sasuke every now and then. He could have plenty of new skills that we have had no reason to see.I agree with this. Sasuke didn't even get serious in his fight with Squad 7. He might have learned a bunch of stuff he didn't bother to use on them because he wasn't pushed.

Also, one thing to remember is that it was stated at one point that it took the fourth 3 years to develop rasengen. Under Jiraiya, in the same time of 3 years, Naruto developed a new version without using Kakashi's clone training method. So I don't think we can really trash Jiraiya TOO much as a trainer.I think that the point is that after a 3 year skip, we wanted Naruto to have learned some actually NEW abilities. Instead of minor improvements to a couple of his old ones.

Archangel
Sun, 12-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Exactly, like I already said. The director that does all the best Naruto fights has a habit of adding parts to those fights that make them more awesome. Sometimes he even adds abilities(for example, Shikamaru's use of the water scroll on Kakuzu).

They could give Naruto some new low level abilities. Like a wind slice like Sora's, and that gives that director something else to work with when he's adding those little filler moments to the fight scenes.

I agree it would be doable but lets face,it, probably not going to happen. It would be too awesome.

Pandadice
Sun, 12-28-2008, 08:55 PM
I think that the point is that after a 3 year skip, we wanted Naruto to have learned some actually NEW abilities. Instead of minor improvements to a couple of his old ones.

my main and only real expectation for him after the time skip was that he was gonna start making a rasengan without the clone. but I lost hope in that awhile ago, especially now that he's using that same type of thing on his new move..

seriously, Jiraiya, and Kakashi make it with 1 hand. Naruto hasn't even perfected the rasengan, he just got a cheap way to do it years ago, and he's too lazy to advance. I don't get why he's trying to create additions when he should get the basics down.

Azonalanthious
Sun, 12-28-2008, 10:50 PM
The fourth created a new A jutsu out of nowhere, a jutsu who had the capability to be improved to S status.

Naruto made it a little bigger...

Very true. But... the Fourth was the Fourth - genius ninja, hokage, and all around awsome dude. Naruto is Naruto - complete idiotic moron who - technically speaking (he did fail the final exam after all) - should never have made it out of the academy. Expecting true equal performance out of them would be silly. For him to improve on a potential S ranked technique in the same time it took the Fourth to create it isn't too bad on the improvement scale in my book.

lilphatboi88
Sun, 12-28-2008, 11:12 PM
There seems to be some confusion here. Weren't we discussing the amount learned between Naruto and Sasuke in the 3 year span?

Azonalanthious
Sun, 12-28-2008, 11:18 PM
There seems to be some confusion here. Weren't we discussing the amount learned between Naruto and Sasuke in the 3 year span?

The heart of the discussion was that Naruto training with Jiraiya some more would be of no benefit due to how little he learned training with him during the three year time-skip. The discussion of what he learned, how difficult/impressive it is, and what Sasuke learned in the same time frame all relate back to that inital point. :D

lilphatboi88
Mon, 12-29-2008, 01:22 AM
I don't know if I remember correctly, but in the 3 years didn't Sasuke just get a sword and what, advanced his chidori?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-29-2008, 01:53 AM
I don't know if I remember correctly, but in the 3 years didn't Sasuke just get a sword and what, advanced his chidori?

Yeah, but dude, we've seen close to nothing of him.

Naruto's been pitted against two Akatsuki and Oro, which would force any ninja to give all they've got. We've only seen Sasuke do some training and have catch up with old friends. Nothing more.

lilphatboi88
Mon, 12-29-2008, 02:14 AM
Yeah I guess so...So the thing to blame is the way they are showing how Naruto grows, and by that, we see all his emo feelings and failures.:(

Archangel
Mon, 12-29-2008, 07:08 AM
Very true. But... the Fourth was the Fourth - genius ninja, hokage, and all around awsome dude. Naruto is Naruto - complete idiotic moron who - technically speaking (he did fail the final exam after all) - should never have made it out of the academy. Expecting true equal performance out of them would be silly. For him to improve on a potential S ranked technique in the same time it took the Fourth to create it isn't too bad on the improvement scale in my book.

And yet we keep getting fed bullshit like "You have surpassed the fourth" and "You have surpassed me (Kakashi)" just because he developed the ultimate hack jutsu.

I think you people haven't truly understood that after this naruto can take out anyone with just 1 lucky shot, and hes got hes shonen powers to do so, meaning that there isn't a single opponent in the whole naruto world he cant defeat now.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-29-2008, 07:26 AM
I think you people haven't truly understood that after this naruto can take out anyone with just 1 lucky shot, and hes got hes shonen powers to do so, meaning that there isn't a single opponent in the whole naruto world he cant defeat now.

Except Tsunade. Shounen rules dictate he can't be Hokage till the very end. Tsunade wins by default.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 12-29-2008, 02:11 PM
And yet we keep getting fed bullshit like "You have surpassed the fourth" and "You have surpassed me (Kakashi)" just because he developed the ultimate hack jutsu.

I think you people haven't truly understood that after this naruto can take out anyone with just 1 lucky shot, and hes got hes shonen powers to do so, meaning that there isn't a single opponent in the whole naruto world he cant defeat now.It's true. They've got it set up that nothing can survive a rasenshuriken.

Fortunately, anyone who's not retarded will never get hit by it.

Unfortunately, anyone facing Naruto will suddenly become retarded. Even if previously shown to be a careful and tactical opponent.

Spaceaprion
Wed, 12-31-2008, 08:32 PM
Technically, after the three years with Jiraiya, Naruto is able to use four tails and cause Oro to pull out all the stops and retreat. Of course he can't use it without pwning himself and his own friends in the process, so its useless.

Now he has a Technique that pwns himself again...maybe he should learn a technique that would allow him to use his current ones without self pwnage.

Also, I believe in the beginning they said Naruto would have trouble with Chakra control because the Kyubi Chakra mixes with his own, making it more difficult than normal. So its only natural that he can't use a Rasengan without a clone.

Archangel
Thu, 01-01-2009, 09:07 AM
It's true. They've got it set up that nothing can survive a rasenshuriken.

Fortunately, anyone who's not retarded will never get hit by it.

Unfortunately, anyone facing Naruto will suddenly become retarded. Even if previously shown to be a careful and tactical opponent.

At least we know he wont use it against his lover boy Sasuke, that thing would make tofu out of his emo ass.

Uberbaka
Thu, 01-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Sorry, off topic, but tofu made out of meat?

Sounds good, just doesn't make any sense.

Archangel
Thu, 01-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Sorry, off topic, but tofu made out of meat?

Sounds good, just doesn't make any sense.

I was going for randomness

lelouch
Thu, 01-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Technically, anyone who can move faster than naruto should not be hit by the rasenshuriken, along with any distance fighters who have good awareness. Rasenshuriken is a point-blank attack, just like a punch. A ninja like Lee, for example, would easily be able to dodge that punch and quickly counter to make naruto lose control of the technique.

Then again, these assumptions are based off the fact that the naruto world makes the least bit of sense... Which it doesn't... So you can ignore everything I've mentioned.

The past three years seem to have been a waste (I know this has been mentioned by just about everyone on this forum). However, he did learn to reach level 4 kyuubi. I just don't see the point of it considering he isn't even allowed to use it anymore... Did Jiraiya seriously not notice that it was causing damage to naruto's body?

Another thing I don't understand, is why Naruto doesn't just learn to control level 1 or 2 kyuubi? He seems to stay in a fair amount of self control, and his power increases tremendously, and it doesn't seem like his skin would peel away or that he does much damage to himself.

In my opinion (again, basing this off the fact that the narutoverse made any sense), Jiraiya should've spent more time teaching naruto to control the Kichiyose-no jutsu (summoning technique). It's a very powerful technique and naruto hasn't used it at all since his fight with Gaara. He doesn't need to summon gamma-bunta (sp?) everytime. Maybe just a normal or slightly bigger fighting-size frog.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-01-2009, 04:59 PM
I don't think he's really learned the 4-tails cloak. They said before that his seal's weakening as time goes by, so now he's got access, that's all.

And the key to unleashing it is his emotions. It works when he's pissed or when he's about to die. From what the anime seems to show, when he's emotionally unstable, he's also in tight situations, and unconsciously asks for more power, letting the Kyuubi leak its power. He's got to keep a level enough head to then consciously push it back.

So really, I don't think he learned how to use, or access the 4 tails at all.

lelouch
Thu, 01-01-2009, 06:10 PM
I just find it ironic that in order to teach naruto to successfully be able to summon powerful frogs, he made naruto learn to unleash kyuubi power whenever he needs to, and now, not only does he not use kyuubi power, he doesn't even summon...

Archangel
Thu, 01-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Because the seal is degenerating and that makes the red chakra inaccessible unless he lets the kyuubi take over.

Kraco
Thu, 01-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Because the seal is degenerating and that makes the red chakra inaccessible unless he lets the kyuubi take over.

Doesn't that mean Fourth was quite a n00b to use a sealing technique that not only claimed his own life but also can't keep the demon sealed for 20 years, let alone allow the host to use willingly the bijuu powers like the other jinchuuriki have been able to quite freely? Doesn't make the revered past leader of the village look too good, and certainly no genius.

Azonalanthious
Thu, 01-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Doesn't that mean Fourth was quite a n00b to use a sealing technique that not only claimed his own life but also can't keep the demon sealed for 20 years, let alone allow the host to use willingly the bijuu powers like the other jinchuuriki have been able to quite freely? Doesn't make the revered past leader of the village look too good, and certainly no genius.

Actually, the only other Jinchuuriki we have seen extensively was Gaara - and he could never sleep to avoid being taken over by his bijuu and was effectively driven insane by its power. If we assume that each 'tail' represents an equal portion of the nine-tail's power, Naruto can really use a 3rd of its power with effectively no ill effects. I think he got the better deal then Gaara did and who knows how they stack up to all the others?

As for the Fourth... eh, maybe not the perfect sealing technique, but I think that's due to the sheer power of the nine-tails rather then a flaw with the fourth. If I am remembering the converstation correctly, Kakashi once said that Naturo had something like 3 times as much chakara (his own chakra, not the nine-tails) as Kakashi and its been made pretty clear that Naruto's chakra levels are basicly insanely high. Then in the same conversation he said that drawing fully on the bujii, his chakra levels would be 100 times higher. So if we assume that Naruto's chakra level is equal to or higher then the vast majority of ninjas, the nine-tail's chakra level is likely higher then the chakra levels of pretty much every single named ninja we have meet in the course of the entire series, combined.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-01-2009, 08:29 PM
So if we assume that Naruto's chakra level is equal to or higher then the vast majority of ninjas, the nine-tail's chakra level is likely higher then the chakra levels of pretty much every single named ninja we have meet in the course of the entire series, combined.

FYI, the Nine-Tails has near infinite chakra. It's being is in essence a blob of chakra.

Archangel
Thu, 01-01-2009, 08:34 PM

Maybe so but the fact is that the seal is degenerating, jiraya said so.

Then again, the 4th might very well have set it up so it would slowly get weaker, allowing naruto to gradually tap further into the nine tails powers.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Now he has a Technique that pwns himself again...maybe he should learn a technique that would allow him to use his current ones without self pwnage.That's kinda what his conversation with Jirayia implied. That he was going to teach him "one or two techniques that don't use up so much chakra".
Doesn't that mean Fourth was quite a n00b to use a sealing technique that not only claimed his own life but also can't keep the demon sealed for 20 years, let alone allow the host to use willingly the bijuu powers like the other jinchuuriki have been able to quite freely? Doesn't make the revered past leader of the village look too good, and certainly no genius.Yeah, you're right. He was only able to seal the equivalent of a sentient nuclear reactor inside a living person for over a decade. What a noob.

Kraco
Fri, 01-02-2009, 03:32 AM
Then again, the 4th might very well have set it up so it would slowly get weaker, allowing naruto to gradually tap further into the nine tails powers.

That's indeed what I'd like to believe but the series certainly does its best to fight against that notion with every character telling Naruto he shouldn't be using the "nuclear reactor" inside him. That's really like running a (soviet made) nuclear power plant with all the risks of a meltdown and the mountain of highly radioactive waste piling yet not connecting it to the power grid, thus wasting all the megawatts.

In fact I don't think the Fourth was a n00b but it's an unquestionable truth that Tsunade is a woman ruled by nothing but fear - no doubt because of the all the dear people she lost - and thus a poor leader for a ninja village and the worst kind of a superior to a person like Naruto, who has no brain but insane power, stamina, and regeneration abilities.

lilphatboi88
Fri, 01-02-2009, 05:15 AM
Don't forget to mention the size of his heart.

ASSpirine
Fri, 01-02-2009, 11:40 AM
It didn't say when the next episode was in Japan during the preview of episode 90. So I assumed it was today, apparantly not...

lilphatboi88
Sat, 01-03-2009, 12:55 AM
this sucks...just one more thing that I can't count on...

Archangel
Sat, 01-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Will dattebayo still sub the next ep?

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Will dattebayo still sub the next ep?

Yes, it's their final one

poopdeville
Sat, 01-03-2009, 11:20 PM
YHBT.

Just sayin'

Pandadice
Sun, 01-04-2009, 01:18 AM
i guess we'll find out if it's a troll or not in a couple weeks.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 01-04-2009, 02:20 AM
You know what would be a troll? If Vidz never licensed Naruto for streaming, all the fuss is misinformation via DB staff, but they still withheld their subs. People then complain to CRoll why their subs ain't working. That would be a troll.

Assertn
Sun, 01-04-2009, 04:31 PM
that would be a crunchy troll :3

Archangel
Tue, 01-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Wow, that joke killed the thread xD

poopdeville
Thu, 01-08-2009, 01:58 AM

I agree, but I'd describe it differently. A lot of people here complain because Naruto always uses the same two moves. That much is true. But they are really strong moves. Jiraiya didn't need to teach Naruto new moves. Naruto has always had trouble with chakra control and concentration, and I can definitely see improvements in those areas since the time-jump. He might not pull off awesome plans like Shikamaru, but a constant onslaught of kage bunshin will keep the enemy from thinking up a plan of their own, while Naruto (or a clone) can calmly think of an effective plan.

With a little bit of smarts, the kage bunshin and rasengan are deadly, as we have seen. If there's a complaint to be made here, it's that the animators are bad at pacing fights.

And anyway, Naruto can use up to four tails if he has to. Yamato and Sai might have been dismissive about Naruto's powers during his fight with Orochimaru, but if the Nine-Tails had really taken control, it basically would have unsealed itself. Jiraiya already said that Naruto's anger is what brings the tails out -- if the Kyuubi was in charge at four tails, he could have made Naruto angrier. Why wouldn't it make 5 more tails pop out of Naruto's buttocks if it could?

And if Naruto is in charge, I say it is his power, since it is his to use.

xtallography
Thu, 01-08-2009, 02:41 AM
I thought Naruto was only consciously aware and in control up to 3 tails which is why he didn't remember hurting Sakura at the 4 tail stage?? I think the 5th tail would have come out only if during the fight 4-tails Naruto was taking a real beating. Just like Naruto himself when he gets beat down he gets angrier.

To me, it's the fact that Naruto seems like an idiot that makes his attacks moderately successful (when he's not tripping over himself). He intentionally makes himself look like a one trick pony to divert attention away from rasengan since it's an up close and personal attack and easy to dodge if you see it coming. That's my problem with him now. Having the benefit of seeing that strat again and again you know what's coming during Naruto fights now. They all seem to be just variations of look left while I come at you from the right. At this point I wish they'd write it so Naruto takes someone else off their game and they attack head first through a sea of clones only to find a resengan waiting for them. I wish it could be bring them to the rasengan instead of always bringing the rasengan to them while they're not paying attention. That's why I liked Shikamaru's fight. He wasn't just 2 steps ahead but 20 steps ahead.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-08-2009, 06:33 AM
At first the tails come out unconsciously as Naruto gets angry and loses it. The ease at which it comes out is directly related to just how emotional and urgent he is in need for power (aka shounen heart).

Before the time jump, he had two tails when trying to stop Sasuke leaving at the waterfall. I'd say that's his "spirit" at its max. After the time jump, he got the opportunity to see Orochimaru, which is pretty much the key to Sasuke. Again, at the same "max" we could say, he released up to 4 tails.

His emotions are the key to releasing the tails, but it's the weakening seal that controls exactly how many he can get to. As Jiraiya said, ultimately there'll be nine.

From what we've been shown, 4 tails Naruto completely loses it. He never held back at all. I can't tell if Naruto's emotions then are the trigger anymore, since the fox is now in control. I can only guess if the seal weakens and allows more tails, it (fox) would definitely make it emerge in its attempt to devour Naruto.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 01-08-2009, 10:05 AM
And anyway, Naruto can use up to four tails if he has to. Yamato and Sai might have been dismissive about Naruto's powers during his fight with Orochimaru, but if the Nine-Tails had really taken control, it basically would have unsealed itself. Jiraiya already said that Naruto's anger is what brings the tails out -- if the Kyuubi was in charge at four tails, he could have made Naruto angrier. Why wouldn't it make 5 more tails pop out of Naruto's buttocks if it could?

And if Naruto is in charge, I say it is his power, since it is his to use.That's stupid. If Naruto was in charge he wouldn't be attacking his allies when the 4th tail comes out.

Honestly, I don't think its either one. Everything they've shown of the Kyuubi inside naruto's head shows it to be a rational, thinking creature.

4-tails Naruto is a mindless killing machine. I think because 4-tails is so close to the middle(Naruto being 0 and Kyuubi being 9) that neither entity has any control at that point.

Azonalanthious
Thu, 01-08-2009, 02:11 PM
During one fight (I don't recall which at the moment) they commented about the demon cloak charkra seeming to have a 'mind of its own'. I wonder if it isn't exactly that - the tails are just Naruto using the kyuubi's charka. He can control it up to a certain point (3 tails) but eventually his control fails (4 tails) and since the kyuubi itself it still locked away, the released charkra runs wild with no concious control on the part of either one of them.

Abdula
Thu, 01-08-2009, 02:41 PM
Preprepared response N3-10.

I’ve always felt that regardless of however many tails he has it’s still just Naruto. It doesn't matter whether its 0, 3, 4 or 9 it is just Naruto. The only difference the tails makes is the amount of the Kyuubi's power he is using. He is able to control up to 3 tails anymore than that and it becomes too much for him and as they showed he pretty much drowns in the power and loses control of himself. At no point does the Kyuubi actually take control of Naruto and even if Naruto is able to get up to 9 tails it would still just be him and it would still just be only a fraction of the Kyuubi's real power.

It’s similar to Gaara where even after he had transformed and had one tail it was still him in control, he then underwent a second transformation when he released Shukaku and it was only then that the bijuu took control, same with Yugito. So Jinchuurikis have three modes more or less.

Human mode: More or less normal, except for a few abilities and a few physical traits acquired by the hosts from their bijuu. Naruto’s quick healing and his incredible stamina, Gaara’s sand, Yugito’s eyes, Naruto’s whiskers and Gaara’s eyes.

Jinchuuriki mode: The host is actively using the Bijuu's power and is surrounded by a cloak of the bijuu's power. The host also undergoes a physical transformation and takes on the physical traits of the bijuu.

Bijuu mode: The hosts relinquishes control and releases the bijuu. Only Gaara and Yugito have done this so far.

Yes I really did just copy and paste this from a word doc on my pc.

Archangel
Thu, 01-08-2009, 03:18 PM
And the reason why Naruto is the worst Jinchuriki we've ever seen is that he's actually managed to make his Bijuu mostly a disadvantage (recently) while the other seem to be able to use all their power to their benefit.

Kraco
Thu, 01-08-2009, 04:09 PM
Somebody said earlier already different bijuu might have different effects on the host. Naruto's healing abilities are definitely a plus, so it's not all bad for him, although otherwise Kyuubi could be a poor servant. Part of the problem of course is that nobody wants to give Naruto hints how to use the power safely. Everybody just keep telling him how dangerous it is (for those around him as well) and how it's not real power and he should rather use only his own body's energy. Naruto being the kind of idiot he is, it's not all too likely he will anytime soon develop on his own with everybody around him like that.

He should travel to some mountaintop monastery (that's not yet ransacked by Akatsuki) to gain mental control so that he could remain sane even with a couple of tails out.

Abdula
Thu, 01-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Part of the problem of course is that nobody wants to give Naruto hints how to use the power safely. Everybody just keep telling him how dangerous it is (for those around him as well) and how it's not real power and he should rather use only his own body's energy. Naruto being the kind of idiot he is, it's not all too likely he will anytime soon develop on his own with everybody around him like that.

Actually Kraco I disagree with that. I'm sure that the Leaf would be much happier and feel much safer if Naruto knew how to control the Kyuubi and they didn't have to constantly worry about him just going berserk and destroying the village. For the most part isn't that what Jiraiya has been trying to do since he was first introduced, trying to teach Naruto how to use and control the Kyuubi. I think the real problem is not that they don't want to teach Naruto but they don't know how to.

Just look at the Sand village. The sand village has had multiple Jinchuuriki's and everyone knew Gaara was a jinchuuriki and that the first two Kazekages were Jinchuurikis. Hell Gaara not only knew about Shukaku but he was trained how to use Shukaku's power, pretty much since he was born. Naruto on the other hand didn't even know he had the Kyuubi inside him until he was 12 and hasn't had anyone to teach him how to use it properly simply because I don't think there is anyone in the village who can.

ASSpirine
Fri, 01-09-2009, 01:14 AM
Preprepared response N3-10.

I’ve always felt that regardless of however many tails he has it’s still just Naruto. It doesn't matter whether its 0, 3, 4 or 9 it is just Naruto. The only difference the tails makes is the amount of the Kyuubi's power he is using. He is able to control up to 3 tails anymore than that and it becomes too much for him and as they showed he pretty much drowns in the power and loses control of himself. At no point does the Kyuubi actually take control of Naruto and even if Naruto is able to get up to 9 tails it would still just be him and it would still just be only a fraction of the Kyuubi's real power.

It’s similar to Gaara where even after he had transformed and had one tail it was still him in control, he then underwent a second transformation when he released Shukaku and it was only then that the bijuu took control, same with Yugito. So Jinchuurikis have three modes more or less.

Human mode: More or less normal, except for a few abilities and a few physical traits acquired by the hosts from their bijuu. Naruto’s quick healing and his incredible stamina, Gaara’s sand, Yugito’s eyes, Naruto’s whiskers and Gaara’s eyes.

Jinchuuriki mode: The host is actively using the Bijuu's power and is surrounded by a cloak of the bijuu's power. The host also undergoes a physical transformation and takes on the physical traits of the bijuu.

Bijuu mode: The hosts relinquishes control and releases the bijuu. Only Gaara and Yugito have done this so far.

Yes I really did just copy and paste this from a word doc on my pc.

Who is Yugito ?

DarthEnderX
Fri, 01-09-2009, 01:33 AM
Who is Yugito ?It must be the 2-tails. She's the only other Jinchuuriki we've seen.

And the reason why Naruto is the worst Jinchuriki we've ever seen is that he's actually managed to make his Bijuu mostly a disadvantage (recently) while the other seem to be able to use all their power to their benefit.Tell that to the stack of dead Jinchuuriki Akatsuki has.

I’ve always felt that regardless of however many tails he has it’s still just Naruto. It doesn't matter whether its 0, 3, 4 or 9 it is just Naruto. The only difference the tails makes is the amount of the Kyuubi's power he is using. He is able to control up to 3 tails anymore than that and it becomes too much for him and as they showed he pretty much drowns in the power and loses control of himself. At no point does the Kyuubi actually take control of Naruto and even if Naruto is able to get up to 9 tails it would still just be him and it would still just be only a fraction of the Kyuubi's real power.I can certainly say that's plausible, up till the 9th tail. I'd put money on the fact that if Naruto every manifests 9 tails, the Kyuubi would simply be free.

Which is why it's something nobody wants to happen.

Like I said, I think that the closer he gets to 9 tails, the more control Kyuubi will have and in the middle(4-5 tails) neither Naruto nor Kyuubi has any control. But I'm willing to believe that Naruto might simply be "out of control' from 4-8 tails.

But, once the 9th comes out. I think the seal is done. And Kyuubi is not longer bound to Naruto.