PDA

View Full Version : Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 12

Marik
Sun, 12-21-2008, 05:53 PM
[gSS]​ Gundam​ 00​ S2​ -​ 12​ [86C24395].mkv (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BgSS%5D_Gundam_00_S2_-_12_%5B86C24395%5D.mkv.torrent)

Kraco
Sun, 12-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Fortunately the metaphysical aspects were quite limited, and it turned into a normal overpowered Gundam fight. Quite a killing machine indeed. Who knows, even Ali might need an upgraded mobile suit to fight against that monster, unless he can arrange it so that Setsuna runs out of juice and has to go back to the normal mode just before he faces him.

Other than the fight, not terribly much happened in addition to setting the stage for the next fight. I'm glad Saji had wits enough not to try to repeat his mistake, however much it hurt (though I doubt they would have let him, thus try).

Last but not least the gag order... What a joke. As if they could hide something like that. The lack of intelligence services and capabilities never ceased to amaze me during the first season but this is still something else, on a totally different scale. Since they seem to have Internet still around, everybody should know by now what happened to those two places.

Ryllharu
Sun, 12-21-2008, 07:16 PM
A-LAWS made one huge fuckup with their super laser, which was showing Sumeragi it can fire a direction other than down. By blowing away Kataron's fleet, they gave CB all the time it will need to forumlate a working plan by the time they get there. If they had used more coventional weaponry, they could've wiped out CB in one blow. I bet Kati facepalmed if she saw it. Then again, the white-haired dumbass seems to be on the laser, so I guess we could have expected it.

Louise though...what a moron. She has all that money, and still hasn't bothered to figure out who Nena was actually working for. Which turns out to be exactly the same forces Louise is now working for indirectly. Her conclusion about Saji just made me laugh though. She never noticed how incredibly awkward any conversation between Saji and Setsuna was? I'm sure she will justify that as a very well played front.

I did like Louise's CyborgGrip Action(tm) on Andrei when he started getting creepy around her like he usually does. To his credit though, like father like son, the Smirnov's don't like to see women (well, attractive young ladies) put into combat.

I really thought Saji would be a fucking retard again and steal the Raiser. It seems he has finally learned his lesson.
<s> Now that Saji's been dumped, and Lockon will be taken by girl-Tieria, Saji can go out with Feldt. Everyone wins! </s>

...and of course, I watched Wang Liu Mei get slapped about 10 times. Ne'er was there a bitch who deserved it more.

EDIT:
I totally forgot Patrick. A very good showing by him this time around. If not for Setsuna, Lockon would have bitten the space dust. Maybe Patrick isn't so dumb after all.

rockmanj
Mon, 12-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Ribbon's pimp hand is definitely strong, and the last episode proved that. Anyway, I'm still not too keen on 00-Riser transam making you psychic, but ehh...I guess I can cope with it. And I was waiting on that "I'm batshit crazy" face for a while...took them long enough; even though I don't really agree with her mode of thinking. I mean, Saji was very annoying in his own way, but did she not notice that those other Gundams were Red and used Red energy all the time? And like Ryul said..couldn't she like find out about that incident with all that money she's sitting on? I guess Wang Liu Mei used that silver tongue of hers (keep your mind out the gutter!) to convince her not to, and just throw her cash into A-Laws.

masamuneehs
Tue, 12-23-2008, 11:38 AM
I am not going to address the most obvious, disappointing element of this episode. it in no way merits any comment.

Sergei... questioning his duty... If he wasn't so remarkably committed I'd be clamoring about how he'll be with CB soon... maybe it'll just wait until the last battle... or before they have him do something stupidly heroic before getting waxed...

Enjoyed the animation in the first part of the episode. Actually felt like a space battle, not just a series of mini-duels.

Saji and Louise is, without a doubt, the single most compelling aspect of this series for me. Yes, this coming from the same guy who ranted about them all last season. I was absolutely shocked when he decided not to take the 00 Riser.

Andrei is creepy, but I can see how he just unconsciouly let the sight of Louise's suffering stoke his feelings for her and made him want to console her (even if it was insulting what he said). That guy is such a sacrificial lamb in waiting it's not even funny.

Ribbons. You still the man. Although I can't help but feel that he's losing his grip quicker and quicker. Something about Regene makes me think he might end up on the short end of the stick in an ironically similair way to how Alejandro went last season.

I really enjoyed the scene with Setsuna and Saji talking after the battle, and then New Lockon coming in. These characters actually do something for me. Which is amazing considering the massive amount of silly techno model kit hawking going on around them.

The title for the next episode says "the mission to capture Memento Mori". Also, the Innovators are ordered to "capture" the 00 Gundam? I can see three reasons why the Innovators are about to screw their last chance to destroy CB by trying just to capture the 00 (1. they're anime villains, thus covetous beyond logic 2. Ribbons has some major envy issues going on whenever Aeolia's secrets are involved 3. It would probably really enhance their final plan blah blah blah). But I can't for the life of me, figure out what it says that CB is going to try to capture Memento Mori... That just makes no sense at all.

edit to below-
Go play with your model kits, nerd

Yukimura
Tue, 12-23-2008, 11:44 AM
http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/3493/wangliumeislapwm2.gif
FINALLY!

Anyway since I mostly watch modern Gundam shows for stuff like quantum tunneling mobile suits, giant space lasers, and battles whose outcomes are decided by who is more OP/more loved by the writers I was quite pleased with this episode. Lots of people with inferior technology were pwned by other people with superior technology, everything is as I wanted it to be.

Now I suppose I could care about things like the character development Louise ->crazy denialphile, Saji->crazy emo, Setsuna->brick, Patrick->Trained Noob? or perhaps the morality issues like the use of giant space lasers against meat shielded military bases, or the targeting of civilian population centers for attacks for the purpose of dissuading what appears to be oppression by the government of said civilians. But all those concepts are annoying to think about and pretty gray anyway. I find I enjoy the show much more if I just don't worry about such things and allow myself to believe whatever Sunrise tells me I'm supposed to believe. A-LAWS is always chaotic evil and I should hate them, CB is always Lawful/Neutral Good and I should cheer for them, Kataron is Chaotic Neutral/Good and by association with CB I should feel sympathy for them and their allies. Using this conformist strategy I can cheer every time something good happens to CB, boo every time something bad is done by A-LAWS and when the inevitable A-LAWS destruction comes about, with Kataron's leaders rising to a strong position in the world government and the Gundams being sent into the sun I will be at reduced risk of having a stroke because of how utterly unreasonable it would all seem if I were to approach the plot realistically.

Ryllharu
Tue, 12-23-2008, 04:19 PM
@Yuki:
I love how that gif captures her surprise that a backhand is ready to connect to her face a split-second before impact.

Sergei... questioning his duty... If he wasn't so remarkably committed I'd be clamoring about how he'll be with CB soon... maybe it'll just wait until the last battle... or before they have him do something stupidly heroic before getting waxed...

Saji and Louise is, without a doubt, the single most compelling aspect of this series for me. Yes, this coming from the same guy who ranted about them all last season. I was absolutely shocked when he decided not to take the 00 Riser.

Andrei is creepy, but I can see how he just unconsciouly let the sight of Louise's suffering stoke his feelings for her and made him want to console her (even if it was insulting what he said). That guy is such a sacrificial lamb in waiting it's not even funny.

The title for the next episode says "the mission to capture Memento Mori". Also, the Innovators are ordered to "capture" the 00 Gundam? I can see three reasons why the Innovators are about to screw their last chance to destroy CB by trying just to capture the 00 (1. they're anime villains, thus covetous beyond logic 2. Ribbons has some major envy issues going on whenever Aeolia's secrets are involved 3. It would probably really enhance their final plan blah blah blah).
Concerning Sergei, his loyalty to the Regular Federation Army is what makes him so much more admirable. He still believes the idea of the Federation was correct, and I'm pretty certain too now with this gag order that he will do something about it. Though I do think it is more likely that he will leak the information and get court martialed rather than go rogue. If only he knew a conscientious reporter...oh wait, Ali stabbed her years ago. Maybe Sergei will even get executed for it (God I hope not), awakening Soma again to have her revenge.

I still don't know, at this point it seems like Saji and Louise's happy reunion will not ever come. Unless she finally gets it beaten into her head that Nena was the one to actually kill her family, and particularly not because of anything idealogically, but because she was bored and pissed she had to work that day. Andrei would certainly be killed to save her stupid ass, but quite frankly, he looks like the most viable candidate for pairing. She loathes Saji with her entire being right now.

In addition, it isn't like Louise is all that shitty a pilot considering she was a spoiled aerospace engineering student four years ago. She's at least up to the level of the mediocre Meistars (everyone except Al/Hal and maybe Tieria). She's improved a tremendous amount since the beginning of the show. It really doesn't look like there will be too many opportunities for Andrei to push her mobile suit out of the way, excepting some Trans-Am Gundam Hax Action.

As for capturing the 00, it is definitely the second one. Remember how utterly pissed off Ribbons and Alejandro were when they found out Aeolia locked them out of the highest levels of Veda? Ribbons takes personal offense every time Regene reminds him of it. Ribbons and the rest of the Innovators consider themselves to be above humanity, as self proclaimed future leaders, and they supposedly have total and complete access to Veda. The same reason Tieria was all stuck up about it last season before he got completely locked out. Whenever Ribbons finds out there was something kept from him (not necessarily the rest of the Innovators) he gets super pissed, as we saw with him losing it and slapping the shit out of Wang Liu Mei.

Yukimura
Tue, 12-23-2008, 10:00 PM
You are correct sir, that is an excellent frame indeed. It captures both her utter surprise and her recognition that there is no way she can avoid it. And it's made even sweeter because of the look she had just before she noticed being so haughty and self-important. Oh Wang Liu Mei slap, I wish I knew how to quit you.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-26-2008, 05:33 PM
[Nipponsei] Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Original Soundtrack III.zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Mobile%20Suit%20Gundam%2000%20Or iginal%20Soundtrack%20III.zip.torrent)

6Zabuza9
Fri, 12-26-2008, 11:40 PM
Just finished watching episode 11 and 12. The highlights for me were pretty much the same as everyone, really enjoyed Wang Liu Mei getting slapped. Now that Gundam 00 is OP you dont even need to be a skilled pilot to own with it, just place a Haro in it and it will take out a whole fleet for you. Also damnnn Louise is pretty stupid, if Saji was part of celestial being the whole time, why was he with her 24/7 and whenever celestial being was doing something important. I hope some Hallelujah action eventually comes.

enkoujin
Tue, 03-03-2009, 12:27 AM
Menclave:

[Conclave-Mendoi]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_S2_-_12_[1280x720_H.264_AAC][0CCE6631].mkv (http://bt.mymenclave.com/torrents/%5BConclave-Mendoi%5D_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_S2_-_12_%5B1280x720_H.264_AAC%5D%5B0CCE6631%5D.mkv.tor rent)
[Conclave-Mendoi]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_S2_-_12_[704x400_H.264_AAC][CF71E6B3].mkv (http://bt.mymenclave.com/torrents/%5BConclave-Mendoi%5D_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_00_S2_-_12_%5B704x400_H.264_AAC%5D%5BCF71E6B3%5D.mkv.torr ent)