PDA

View Full Version : Ack! Lookin for a couple series and trying to remember another

salmonman78
Sun, 12-21-2008, 01:53 AM
Well I tried the post "Trouble finding..." and can't it, one site i got close but having registration issues. Trying to find Berserk and Planetes and I cannot figure out where the heck they are.

Also trying to remember this one series that deals with some people who own/run a Inn, also involves a ferrett or weasel critter. Saw a couple episodes once at a anime/card shop I frequented years back, probably around '03.

Appreciate all the help.

David75
Sun, 12-21-2008, 03:49 AM
Part of your post falls in the "Dumb querry for download"

I mean Planetes and Bersek are so well known series...

So a torrent client (like utorrent) and go to
www.mininova.org
http://www.tokyotosho.com/

I found both series there so... and I think both torrent sites are in the "Trouble Finding thread"

Regarding that last querry, well it's so unspecific... no names, no city, no name for the inn?

salmonman78
Sun, 12-21-2008, 06:00 AM
At work right now trying to use their high high speed to d/l some stuff and it wouldn't let me on them. I feel dumb, will give them a shot when I make it home.

As for my other question, I don't remember, just watched it when a guy there put it on, kinda a slice 'o life maybe some magic involved. ah well, it'll just haunt me one day until i find it on accident.

Munsu
Sun, 12-21-2008, 07:46 AM
I know Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha has a ferret or something like that. Can't think of another at the moment.

Kraco
Sun, 12-21-2008, 08:21 AM
Didn't Nanoha's parents run some bakery or cake shop, or something? It has been a while so I can't remember that well anymore. I guess it wouldn't be that far from an inn.

Ryllharu
Sun, 12-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Nanoha would be my first guess as well, but it doesn't sound right.

Nanoha's family runs a restaurant/cake shop, but that's only ever mentioned once in the first series. Of course, it is more prominent in Triangle Hearts (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha is actually a spinoff from a drama CD parody), but there's no ferret in that series. It only focuses on her brother and sister, who are..strangely enough, assassins.

Ai Yori Aoshi has inn-like elements (faked boarding house so a rich girl can secretly live with her fiance) and prominently features a ferret. That is probably what you are looking for now that I think about it. The two series are more slice of life than they are romance. No magic though.
AniDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=74)

The main heroine always wears kimono if that helps ring any bells.

Kraco
Sun, 12-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Ah... I knew there was one series with a big role for a ferret but I just couldn't recall Ai Yori Aoshi. Despite the fact I've even rewatched it (I'm an Ayako Kawasumi fan, after all).

Munsu
Sun, 12-21-2008, 02:01 PM
It crossed my mind simply because of the setting, but I've never seen Ai Yori Aoshi... it's been on my to do list for quite some years.

David75
Sun, 12-21-2008, 03:29 PM
It crossed my mind simply because of the setting, but I've never seen Ai Yori Aoshi... it's been on my to do list for quite some years.

Well it's a nice show, good to watch it when you have nothing more important. The atmosphere is quite soothing.

salmonman78
Sun, 12-21-2008, 05:42 PM
"Ai Yori Aoshi" looked it up on some reference sites and if this isn't it, it doesn't exists. This is on my list to nab in my batches next week. Thank you guys so much