PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 89

Marik
Thu, 12-18-2008, 07:57 PM
[DB] Naruto Shippuuden 089 [46484705].avi (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns089.torrent)

Azonalanthious
Thu, 12-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Eh, not bad for a completely non-action show.

Insanely simple solution to the wind-rasengen problem: Only use it with a clone holding it.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 12-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Eh, not bad for a completely non-action show.

Insanely simple solution to the wind-rasengen problem: Only use it with a clone holding it.

So you are saying that clone could take that much damage and not "poof" out?

Tyreal
Thu, 12-18-2008, 11:12 PM
So you are saying that clone could take that much damage and not "poof" out?

It depends on when the clone takes the damage. I'd assume it takes the damage only after the attack connects because we've seen a Shadow Clone simply holding the Rasenshuriken before. Which means it doesn't matter if the clone is destroyed.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-18-2008, 11:24 PM
It depends on when the clone takes the damage. I'd assume it takes the damage only after the attack connects because we've seen a Shadow Clone simply holding the Rasenshuriken before. Which means it doesn't matter if the clone is destroyed.

That makes sense, though something tells me he won't be able to simply replace it with a clone. If the damage occurs from just sustaining the Rasen-Shuriken, it'll also make it difficult to work on refining it.

Guess he's not the only one working on a new technique though. Sasuke's ranged Chidori is looking like it'll work, though not having to hit anything (the lightning ball didn't even leave his hand) makes it look kind of....weak.

Rikudo
Fri, 12-19-2008, 01:00 AM
Anyone notice how skinny Chouji looks in the beginning?

Also, I kind of find it funny when Kakashi told Kakuzu that younger generation will surpass previous generation. In a matter of speaking its true, considering the biological limit. Talent wise, I'm not so sure.

Azonalanthious
Fri, 12-19-2008, 01:15 AM
One thing that really struck me was how adult Choji, Ino, and Shikamaru looked in the scene where they were walking across the bridge. Anywho, on to other matters:

Even if the younger generation doesn't have as much raw talent as the previous, the collective art of ninjitus continues to advance as new techniques are developed. Look at the Third, the Fourth, and Naruto - when the Third was growing up, there was no such thing as Rasengen. Then the Fourth developed Rasengen. Now Naruto has developed 2 new techniques based on Rasengen. When the next generation comes along, they'll have the possibility of learning 3 Rasengen varients, plus any they develop. And so on and so forth. Even in situations where the exact technique is lost because it wasn't taught to someone else before its creator's death, simply knowing that its possible is going to make it easier and more likely for someone to redevelop it - which, as I understand it, is pretty much exactly what Itatchi did with the Mangeyou Sharingen. So in a sense the new generation will pass the old each time because they'll have an ever increasing palette of techniques to draw on.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-19-2008, 02:22 AM
You have to remember though that the 3rd, Jiraya, the 4th, Kakashi and Naruto are all in different generations.

You can't just compare the 12 kids combined talents with the combine talents of the entire rest of the village.

When you look at Kakashi's generation, nobody but Kakashi and Gai seems to be super talented. And the 4ths generation doesn't have anyone of note but the 4th in it so far. Jiraya's generation is pretty impressive what with having all 3 of the sannin, and then, again, all we've seen of the 3rd's generation in action is the third.

When you compare Naruto's generation to any one of those other generations, I think their talent surpasses them easily.

Pandadice
Fri, 12-19-2008, 02:48 AM
ahh, this was a very entertaining episode.

Kind of a disappointment to see Kakuzu still alive after Naruto's attack. I enjoy seeing Shikamaru and his dad play Shogi, and I liked getting clarification on the king issue. They said no form of medical jutsu can cure the damage done to his cells, but what about the 9-tails healing? I mean, it freakin practically instantly healed a massive hole through his chest... why would it be unable to cure his cells?

It was super cool to see Orochimaru, and Sasuke.. Sasuke's Chidori looks pretty nice o_o. The story progression should be pretty awesome if they keep it up. and those Snowflake shurikens at the end were cool.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-19-2008, 02:54 AM
Snowflake anythings have never been cool in the history of forever.

Harima Kenji
Fri, 12-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Pretty nice episode, although I could see the Kurenai thing coming from miles away.
Guess fillers are up next?

Assertn
Fri, 12-19-2008, 12:40 PM
looks to be a mix of fillers and non...

Could be potentially interesting, actually...but I'd rather just go straight to the next real arc, since the next one is the best arc in all of shippudden.

lilphatboi88
Fri, 12-19-2008, 03:01 PM
I didn't watch the previews. I thought most of you stopped also?

redcat
Sat, 12-20-2008, 04:59 AM
kinda weird sasuke seemed to have to struggle to get his chidori going. it was like watching someone try to start their car in the winter.

but im glad naruto cant be using his new technique. it means a lot of time was just wasted, but more importantly it means we arent going to see this used every 2nd ep like normal rasengan was.

Kraco
Sat, 12-20-2008, 05:22 AM
Since the technique causes subcellular damage to his arm, the cells should be able to fix the damage by themselves, leaving no traces, and quite fast. A body generally only has problems fixing larger damage, like major wounds, which requires cells to multiply or even differentiate. If it's just some whatever protein chains running from cell to cell, like the images suggested, the cells will replace them in no time. No freaking reason not to use the uber jutsu. Moreover, like Pandadice said, pump some kyuubi chakra into the arm and it will probably heal even faster.

Tsunade is just jealous because the new skill is more powerful than her punches. What a petty person.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Well, according to Tsunade, the damage cuts off the chakra circulatory system. If the chakra path to the cells itself is cut off, no amount of supercharged Kyuubi powers will heal them.

As for the damage being reversible, not all bodily processes are. For example, chronic binge drinkers can develop hepatocirrhosis (scarring of the liver), which is where damaged/destroyed cells are replaced with connective tissue incapable of liver function, decreasing overall liver function each time despite it having "healed".

The same can be thought of about these chakra circuits. Either that, or perhaps it's like brain cells or enamel - your body simply can't replace it.

As for Sasuke having trouble sustaining his chidori, who knows how long he's been training for. Last time we heard, he's only capable of using it twice.

Kraco
Sat, 12-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Yeah, right. Naruto's cell didn't even die, they just lost, temporarily I say, some channels connecting the cells to each other. It should be no sweat for the cells to put their DNA and RNA to work and build some new protein channels to replace those lost. We just had here Kakuzu the hairy monster who could detach his hands and control them via whatever tentacles and even use those tentacles to fix other people's severed limbs, and Hidan whom you could cut to pieces and he still would keep laughing. And you tell me Naruto's cells can reproduce a few proteins? What a load of bs.

Azonalanthious
Sat, 12-20-2008, 12:46 PM
As for Sasuke having trouble sustaining his chidori, who knows how long he's been training for. Last time we heard, he's only capable of using it twice.

*nod* I actually assumed that part of what he was testing his own endurance rather then having trouble getting it started, since he used it 4 times, then the 5th time for the ranged varient, which was more then Kakashi's old limit of 4. I figured they included it to drive home the whole 'younger generation passing the old' theme.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 12-20-2008, 01:48 PM
I think some of you are confusing some of the scenes.

The part where Tsunade explains how the chakra threads were being severed in each and every cell, and it showed that in like a diagram...that wasn't her explaining the damage to naruto's arm. That was her explaining what the attack did to Kakuzu.

The effect on Naruto's arm is probably the same, but no where near as severe. Which is why Sakura was still able to heal him.

darkmetal505
Sat, 12-20-2008, 02:06 PM
Also, they're trying to prevent Naruto from using his Kyuubi chakra for healing after the Naruto vs Orochimaru fight.

Plus this is Naruto, not House. Science doesn't work that way...

Archangel
Sat, 12-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Yay, more fillers...

The longer this show runs the more i ask myself: " Why do i still watch this? "

We just had here Kakuzu the hairy monster who could detach his hands and control them via whatever tentacles and even use those tentacles to fix other people's severed limbs, and Hidan whom you could cut to pieces and he still would keep laughing. And you tell me Naruto's cells can reproduce a few proteins? What a load of bs.

Like darkmetal said, this isn't House. Proper anatomy doesn't apply to shonen anime Kraco, if it did none of the heroes would make it past the first episode.

lilphatboi88
Sat, 12-20-2008, 08:56 PM
freakin, the goverment should take over the naruto productions and threaten the people to put out non-filler material or else...

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 12-20-2008, 10:08 PM
ive yet to watch any fillers after the first one or two episodes, hopefully it wont suck as hard this time. if they have time for fillers i would think itd be about the three tails or whichever... or theyre saving ALL of them for the movies?

after that bullshit with shika not smoking naruto is lookin pretty lame, need to have chouji smoke some ganji and say its training to help him eat more. hahaaaaa

lilphatboi88
Sun, 12-21-2008, 12:52 AM
i agree....Naruto needs to kick it up, at this rate, they'll never take down DBZ for best anime ever.

darkmetal505
Sun, 12-21-2008, 02:02 AM
Like darkmetal said, this isn't House. Proper anatomy doesn't apply to shonen anime Kraco, if it did none of the heroes would make it past the first episode.

Also, tissue repair doesn't work like that in the first place if you are trying to draw parallels to real life. Tsunade said it cut off the chakra channels to each cell. Assuming the system works like blood capillaries, you can't just "rebuild" them quickly if they are destroyed. Repeated use of the jutsu compounds the damage further.

Assertn
Sun, 12-21-2008, 02:38 AM
I just find it interesting that cells can be repaired more easily if they are completely removed (ie. all of Naruto's skin burning off via fox cloak and then regrown via fox healing) than if the cells are preserved but the channels are severed.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-21-2008, 03:27 AM
I just find it interesting that cells can be repaired more easily if they are completely removed (ie. all of Naruto's skin burning off via fox cloak and then regrown via fox healing) than if the cells are preserved but the channels are severed.

After Kraco's post, I did some searching for irreversible subcellular damage. All the results point that if it's irreversible, the cell would die in due time. However, that was the case for cell organelles. I have yet to come across anything that's not critical to cell function. For that, I'll acknowledge what Kraco said as scientifically sound.

The whole "chakra circulatory system" is similar to the Chinese Meridian System through which Chi/Ki/Qui flows. You see in martial arts movies masters holding both hands against the back of the injured, redirecting the energy flow in ways to promote healing (Medical ninjutsu?)

From impression (rather than memory, and I failed to pinpoint examples), trauma to such a system can render someone ineffective at running Qui throughout their body, effectively disabling one of their (Chinese) martial arts ability.

I have only found one article on the effects of damages to such internal energy systems (see entry under SJ8).

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=damage+to+the+meridian+system&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

The result, however, is death. The fact that Naruto's wind needles can "cut" these channels suggests they may have a more "physiological" existence. In that regard, Kraco's argument holds more truth.

Kraco
Sun, 12-21-2008, 04:32 AM
Also, tissue repair doesn't work like that in the first place if you are trying to draw parallels to real life. Tsunade said it cut off the chakra channels to each cell. Assuming the system works like blood capillaries, you can't just "rebuild" them quickly if they are destroyed. Repeated use of the jutsu compounds the damage further.

Capillaries are built easily enough by the body. They are everywhere. That's why you bleed, no matter where you happen to cut yourself. If they couldn't be repaired, nothing in the body could be repaired, because all living cells need oxygen, removal of CO2, nutrients and energy, and occasionally the defense mechanisms carried by the blood. Unfortunately even cancer knows how to attract blood vessels.

In any case blood vessels are lined by cells (they must be large enough to let cells pass through after all), so these chakra tunnels are much much smaller, likely mainly built of protein components like any cell surface channels.

But anyway, that's beside the point. My point is how stupid it is Naruto's progress is halted by whatever excuses while none of the enemies ever seem to have such problems, no matter how powerful they are or get. Unless Itachi was really losing his sight, making him the sole exception in addition to Naruto.

ASSpirine
Sun, 12-21-2008, 05:23 AM
episode is quite ok, not that great. But could've guessed it after all the action we had.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-21-2008, 05:48 AM
But anyway, that's beside the point. My point is how stupid it is Naruto's progress is halted by whatever excuses while none of the enemies ever seem to have such problems, no matter how powerful they are or get. Unless Itachi was really losing his sight, making him the sole exception in addition to Naruto.You mean like how every time Kakashi has to go all out he end up in the hospital afterwords, or how Gaara's power drives him insane or how opening the gates wrecks Lee's body?

Plus, lets not forget that Naruto sucks. You could probably protect yourself by sheathing your arm in chakra or something, or, as they said, having the clone do the move, or just keep doing the clone training till you have enough control over the move that it stops backlashing on you. But it'll be forever, if ever, before Naruto thinks of any of that.

if they have time for fillers i would think itd be about the three tails or whicheverWhat was your first clue? Was it the minute long trailer with THREE TAILS written all over it at the end of episode 87?

Kraco
Sun, 12-21-2008, 06:36 AM
You mean like how every time Kakashi has to go all out he end up in the hospital afterwords, or how Gaara's power drives him insane or how opening the gates wrecks Lee's body?

Haha, okay there were more exceptions. Though I'm not going to count Gaara or Lee. Gaara was just subject to the general ill influence of having a demon inside him, just like Naruto. However, Gaara used his power to a good effect whereas everybody wants to keep Naruto from harnessing his, rendering the whole idea of having the demon void. Opening the gates, however, wasn't really any special skill or technique as such in the sense I'm referring to (however special it's otherwise). It's like doping yourself with some drug that gives a power boost with sideeffects, and those sideeffects were made known very clearly when Lee was told about the whole thing.

lilphatboi88
Sun, 12-21-2008, 05:59 PM
I think what Kraco is trying to say is that, there's always something that's never happened before that has happened Naruto. Like, everyone knew what opening Gates would do to the body, and how Gaara always had an anger problem that manifested with the Bijuu. I might be wrong. But I bet all this happens because apparently, it's a new technique.

I agree with you in how Naruto's progress is always halted by some technicality or his stupidty rather than his failures.

RasenDori
Mon, 12-22-2008, 09:05 AM

i think we are forgetting that naruto DID make a clone hold the rasenshuriken in order to trick kaukzu

Archangel
Mon, 12-22-2008, 10:10 AM
i think we are forgetting that naruto DID make a clone hold the rasenshuriken in order to trick kaukzu

Yes but there seems to be a difference in just maintaining the jutsu and actually using it. If there wasn't i'm sure Tsunade wouldn't classify the Rasenshruiken as a kinjutsu so rashly.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Yes but there seems to be a difference in just maintaining the jutsu and actually using it. If there wasn't i'm sure Tsunade wouldn't classify the Rasenshruiken as a kinjutsu so rashly.

Kinjutsu....as in forbidden technique?

Archangel
Mon, 12-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Yes it is (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kinjutsu)

DarthEnderX
Tue, 12-23-2008, 08:03 AM
Considering the technique didn't exist a couple days ago, I doubt Tsunade is qualified to to rate it as anything when Naruto hasn't even had a chance to try and work the kinks out of the technique yet.

I also thought it was pretty funny that they have the corpse of a guy who could make himself immortal and use multiple hearts and the only information they are getting from his corpse is "what Naruto did to him".

Tsunade should be discovering the secret of heart transplant surgery now.

Archangel
Tue, 12-23-2008, 11:26 AM
I also thought it was pretty funny that they have the corpse of a guy who could make himself immortal and use multiple hearts and the only information they are getting from his corpse is "what Naruto did to him".

Tsunade should be discovering the secret of heart transplant surgery now.

That's like saying you would know how to reproduce the sharingan by analyzing a uchiha's corpse.

I'm sure such a jutsu has certain countermeasures that prevent enemy nations from properly reproducing it.

RyougaZell
Tue, 12-23-2008, 12:39 PM
i agree....Naruto needs to kick it up, at this rate, they'll never take down DBZ for best anime ever.

One Piece took that title long ago.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 12-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Well if you remember that's what the thunder country tried to do with the Byakugan and the Hyuuga clan so it might be possible.

Archangel
Tue, 12-23-2008, 01:03 PM

Quoted for truth

I would good rep you for that post if i could

UChessmaster
Tue, 12-23-2008, 02:03 PM
Well if you remember that's what the thunder country tried to do with the Byakugan and the Hyuuga clan so it might be possible.

Wich failed because that jutsu has certain countermeasures that prevent enemy nations from properly reproducing it.

Jessper
Tue, 12-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Wich failed because that jutsu has certain countermeasures that prevent enemy nations from properly reproducing it.

Or maybe the part where the guy sent to do it got killed?

Assertn
Tue, 12-23-2008, 02:59 PM

Only the branch family has that seal. This is one of the reasons why Hizashi's body was used as the sacrifice.

lilphatboi88
Tue, 12-23-2008, 03:33 PM

wait, are you saying One Piece is better than DBZ?

If so, I gotta watch it because I've never seen it before...

ASSpirine
Tue, 12-23-2008, 03:41 PM
it is possible to steal the secrets of a body, and also the sharingan. The byakugan was just sealed off by the main branch as stated before.

Also, why do you think there are hunter nins, or how do they call them. You know, what Haku told Kakashi what he was. To dispose the bodies of missing nins of their village to keep the secrets. And especially bloodlines must be protected I think

Archangel
Tue, 12-23-2008, 05:09 PM
wait, are you saying One Piece is better than DBZ?

If so, I gotta watch it because I've never seen it before...

Take DBZ ,add coolness and an insane amount of humor and you have One Piece.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 12-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Plus the obvious fact that Kakashi HAS somebodies Sharingan. So even if you can't duplicate it, someone can use the one from the corpse.

Of course, this all assumes Kakuzu's power is even a kekkei genkai. It could just be a normal jutsu that he made up himself.

Take DBZ ,add coolness and an insane amount of humor and you have One Piece.Also, cut out most of the shit that annoys the crap out of people about DBZ.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-23-2008, 07:09 PM
also thought it was pretty funny that they have the corpse of a guy who could make himself immortal and use multiple hearts and the only information they are getting from his corpse is "what Naruto did to him".

Tsunade did tell them to make researching "that effect" their top priority. Naturally, they'd report those results to her before moving onto other things. (plus, didn't Shizune say the autopsy wasn't complete?)

For most of Shippuuden, Tsunade's focus was to protect Naruto. It makes sense to research any self harm he's doing to himself before working out how a dead enemy's (unique) ability works. This is true especially for Tsunade, who had two close ones die on her.

Archangel
Wed, 12-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Plus the obvious fact that Kakashi HAS somebodies Sharingan. So even if you can't duplicate it, someone can use the one from the corpse.

I'm sure the naruto world has its own rules when it comes to organ transplants but i would assume then when the body dies so do the organs.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 12-24-2008, 03:08 PM
In reality that makes sense, but then you have to remember that in Naruto people can do things like Orochimaru digging up the 1sts long dead body and transferring his kekkei genkai into a brand new person. He's probably not the only person to be able to do similar shit with a corpse.

Archangel
Wed, 12-24-2008, 03:45 PM
In reality that makes sense, but then you have to remember that in Naruto people can do things like Orochimaru digging up the 1sts long dead body and transferring his kekkei genkai into a brand new person. He's probably not the only person to be able to do similar shit with a corpse.

Well I wouldn't put it past Orochimaru but he would really be one of the few people ( if not the only one ) with that much power, intelligence, resources and obsession in immortality to pull something like that off.

poopdeville
Wed, 12-24-2008, 07:01 PM
If Orochimaru could have done that, he would have taken the sick bone-dude's abilities into his next body. Hell, he could have revived a Sharingan user and used it instead of Sasuke's body.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-24-2008, 07:51 PM
Technically speaking, Orochimaru could do that. Yamato's the very proof. In fact, Oro could have taken over Yamato's body, but he didn't do that, because he didn't think the experiment would work. Supposedly, the success rate was 1 in 100 or 1000 or something.

Not to mention the there's no guarantee the one that works is a good sample.

Then you have the issue of raising it from childhood. It's still not confirmed yet whether 3 years is the absolute limit for the technique, or if it's just a shit body.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 12-24-2008, 08:44 PM
In fact, he didn't even know that he HAD succeeded. He didn't know about Yamato till the previous arc.