PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Wishlist 2008

Board of Command
Wed, 12-17-2008, 09:46 PM
It's that time of year again. What do you guys want to get at the end of this year?

For me, it's...

- Nintendo DS, or
- Logitech MX Revolution, or
- whatever good that goes on sale

Sandldan
Wed, 12-17-2008, 09:57 PM
- A new computer chair

That's it.

Board of Command
Wed, 12-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Aeron chair?

Animeniax
Wed, 12-17-2008, 10:42 PM
A lot of people complain about the Aeron chair, but not as many as those who praise it. I'm a fan, but $750 for a chair without lumbar support is a bit much.

I got a 24" Asus VW246H, X360, and Gears of War 2. My wish list was fulfilled.

Board of Command
Wed, 12-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Wow, that's an expensive holiday.

My budget is $300. It's the award I got for a report from last term.

Animeniax
Wed, 12-17-2008, 11:16 PM
It was about $650 total, so not too bad plus considering I work full time unlike you younguns. Plus add in an HDMI cable, couple of music CDs, and a cookbook, and it was altogether under $700.

I still have to get gifts for the family, which will be another $1500 or so. We're Asian but we defy the cultural non-gift-giving traditions, at least the kids anyway. Our parents don't get us anything for presents, but we get gifts for them and each other.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-17-2008, 11:21 PM
I suppose I've already fulfilled my list:

1x Bandai Macross kit
1x PC game (Fallout 3)
1x Painting supplies (compressor, airbrush, paints, thinner.........)

All with my own money, but that's how I get Xmas presents since I've started working.

May consider:

New wallet (I need this actually)
1-2 PC games (Dead Space, maybe Left4Dead)
2 more model kits (Patlabor & N.G. Eva) (Maybe later on in the year)
New PC case, a really quiet one, preferably with an easily cleanable front filter (my room's attracts a lot of dust)

Board of Command
Wed, 12-17-2008, 11:28 PM
I still have to get gifts for the family, which will be another $1500 or so. We're Asian but we defy the cultural non-gift-giving traditions, at least the kids anyway. Our parents don't get us anything for presents, but we get gifts for them and each other.
I just ordered a Canon A590IS for my parents. It's the first time I'm getting them a real gift. It was on sale for $135, so there goes roughly half of my budget already.

Nadouku
Wed, 12-17-2008, 11:42 PM
A new computer and reconstructing my room. :p

Xelbair
Thu, 12-18-2008, 06:01 AM
Guitar Hero IV band pack for ps3... after i convince my parents to pay half of it.

Animeniax
Thu, 12-18-2008, 08:12 AM
I just ordered a Canon A590IS for my parents. It's the first time I'm getting them a real gift. It was on sale for $135, so there goes roughly half of my budget already.The holiday season is all about breaking budgets and paying for it later.

Guitar Hero IV band pack for ps3... after i convince my parents to pay half of it. You should ask for a real guitar and some lessons. Unless you're not musically inclined, but then why would you want to play Guitar Hero in the first place.

Psyke
Thu, 12-18-2008, 09:10 AM
1x Bandai Macross kit

Well you can aim for one of those new Yamoto kits! I'm loving mine and there's this urge to transform it whenever I got time..... :o

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7273/strikeskullleader25sw0.jpg

RyougaZell
Thu, 12-18-2008, 09:52 AM
After buying a PS3, Computer, LCD TV, a new batch of games (3 PS3, 1 PSP, 2 NDS, 3 PS2) and several models for my collection (Brook, Mikoto, Lucci...)... the only thing I need now is Persona 4.

Damn... this year I've spent too much... I better save money on 2009 for that house... wait what?

XanBcoo
Thu, 12-18-2008, 12:09 PM
I don't really want anything this year. I've been more worried about what to get other people this year. I've got presents for my mom, and 2 friends, but still need one for my brother and my dad :(.

I already got 2 seasons of the Cosby Show from a friend, and I can't really think of what else I want. Maybe another digital camera, since my old one broke (by which I mean I broke it).

You should ask for a real guitar and some lessons.
Oh and this. I kind of want an electric guitar now. Problem is I want a Rickenbacker, and those are pretty damn expensive and I'm not even good enough right now to deserve one.

Edit: Oh God but they sound so beautiful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSPhBVHh74E&feature=related

itadakimasu
Thu, 12-18-2008, 12:21 PM
buffalobian - Thanks for reminding me about fallout 3. I need to add that to my list.

ryouga - you sound exactly like me !! new computer, check. PS3, check. I definately blew way too much money this year and i'm just now starting to recover. unfortunately, due to my WoW habit my PS3 just serves as an expensive dvd / blueray player and i haven't played it since i got soul caliber 4 and beat arcade mode w\ Vader on normal difficulty ( 10-15 minutes )

I was having trouble thinking of things to put on my xmas list :

1.Entourage 1-4 dvd or blueray
2.Incredible hulk dvd or blueray ( bought ironman, and want this to own )
3.new computer desk - Wifes solution was, lets just switch! so... i'm switching with her glass L-shaped whenever I find time to switch the computers.
4.Fallout 3- not on my official list yet.

I got $1,000 from a relative already so i'm not expecting anything to surpass that in value.

Xelbair
Thu, 12-18-2008, 02:45 PM
The holiday season is all about breaking budgets and paying for it later.

You should ask for a real guitar and some lessons. Unless you're not musically inclined, but then why would you want to play Guitar Hero in the first place.
I already play guitar! I have Cort EVL-X4

Lyzuu
Mon, 12-22-2008, 11:49 PM
My wish is to be with my family. That is my only wish, right now.