PDA

View Full Version : Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 11

fireheart
Sun, 12-14-2008, 02:51 PM
[CoalGuys] Gundam 00 - 11 [C338C5CC].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=43035)

Marik
Sun, 12-14-2008, 02:53 PM
Coalguys? gss's was already out.

[gSS]​ Gundam​ 00​ S2​ -​ 11​ [FC22853D].mkv (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BgSS%5D_Gundam_00_S2_-_11_%5BFC22853D%5D.mkv.torrent)

Ryllharu
Sun, 12-14-2008, 04:00 PM
I really enjoy how evenly matched Sumeragi and Kati are. One battle one blasts past the other and is five steps ahead, while the next the roles are switched. Kati totally kicked Sumeragi's ass this time, and the only thing that will save CB is Setsuna with the sudden appearance of his Uber God Mode Gundam.

Technological "Gotcha!" moments are the only thing that determine which of the two will be victorious, and it is always by close calls. Last time Kati almost spoiled Sumeragi's victory as the Ptolemy launched back into space, and here Sumeragi spoils Kati's victory. Sumeragi usually ends out a little bit ahead, she seems to be the better of the tw, but only by the smallest of margins. Kati doesn't have to deal with occasional bouts of depression though. Still, CB is only still alive because of Sumeragi and the temporary lead in terms of tech.

I'm a little ambivalent towards the way Saji and Louise found out about each other. I was kind of hoping for an actual face to face meeting on the battlefield (a terrestrial gunfight preferably), not this Newage bullshit.

I wonder if Anew is a willing spy, or was brainwashed into thinking she wasn't an Innovator. I have to assume she is a very good spy, and will betray CB again more openly. From what this episode showed, it also seems that if someone ferrets her out, it will be Marie. I guess she's more sensitive to the brainwaves than both Allelujah and Tieria.

(Still hoping Tieria turns into a girl again, and not just dressup/makeup. By the way, how did his hair get long and then short again while in the shower?)

Kraco
Sun, 12-14-2008, 04:05 PM
Hmm... It's pretty hard to say anything definite about this episode. Good tactics but otherwise a somewhat chaotic battle (from CB's point of view). I'm not sure what to think of the metaphysical properties of the very end.

But at least we learned Innovators didn't destroy their own army along with the enemy capital. It also smelled a little like a trap how they portrayed Anew and the Innovator connection. Either it was really obvious she's a mole or they just want the audience to believe so and thus had such a scene. Then we also have Soma in that mix - either to reveal Anew or to falsely reveal her. Speaking of Soma reminded me of the fact she still has no good role there. I guess carrying somebody to the sickbay is better than nothing but she should be out there kicking ass.

Ryllharu
Sun, 12-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Speaking of Soma reminded me of the fact she still has no good role there. I guess carrying somebody to the sickbay is better than nothing but she should be out there kicking ass.
Soma should be out there kicking ass but remember that Marie is back in control again. Unlike Allelujah turning into Hallelujah, Marie didn't switch back into Soma when all the particles went off, coinciding with the massive levels of death. She's Marie now.

I believe the idea was when the two reunited back in season 1, Allelujah was horrified to see super-gentle, broken, blind Marie had become such a brutal fighter he had faced off with so many times. Now that they were finally together again like when they were children, Marie was free of the chains the HRL had placed on her when they forced her to become Soma.

Sergei saw this too, and hoped that Marie could find the "normal" life that Soma never seemed to be able to admit wanting, accept having, and actually get.

I still hope Soma comes back too, but becoming Marie was Soma's "happy ending."

BTW: Fuck Marina. What a waste of good screentime showing a character who's role is that of a nanny. At least Patrick (most expensive pilot ever) adds a some comedy relief.

Harima Kenji
Sun, 12-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Marina's role should have ended in S1. If she has something up her sleeve this season, which I doubt, she just should've made an entrance later. Showing her babysitting adds nothing to the show.

I'm surprised how evenly leveled the mobile suits are. Seravee being overpowered, or at least equalled is surprising, but being a match for the 00 Gundam, which is supposed to be superior to the other gundams is weird.

Since Lockon was flirting with Anew, I'm sure she decides to stay with CB instead of betrayal. It's too obvious that she's an innovator and most likely a spy.

Carnage
Sun, 12-14-2008, 09:23 PM
I fucking hate the magic voodoo shit they've added at the end of the episode and have been adding in this second season.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-14-2008, 11:34 PM
I'm going along with Anew being unconcious of her spying, mainly because of her twin's "will you respond." If she was a willing spy, she'll make it her job to respond, as it is what a spy does. Maybe not initially, but she'll make it her priority, second only to "stay undercover". Will you respond casts doubt on its certainty, as if testing out a system for the first time. Like an unconscious PING response? I can't help thinking of Marie as a packet sniffer using this analogy.

Too bad Hallelujah has an OFF switch, but that at least will make things interesting. Lasse didn't survive as well off as we thought. I would be expecting a good death scene from him.

Still hoping Tieria turns into a girl again, and not just dressup/makeup. By the way, how did his hair get long and then short again while in the shower?

Perhaps Trans-Am Raiser flips the sex switch?

masamuneehs
Mon, 12-15-2008, 05:11 AM
i am really disappointed.

Hallelujah coming back was just a cock tease. Marina isn't just around snot-nosed kids anymore, she'd playing music for them. Wang Liu Mei keeps harping the same note. The minor character who gets 10 seconds of character development gets whacked. And naked people in space.

Episode 11, and we already have naked people in space?

Christ, they used to save that shit for tragic death scenes and final episodes...

[19:08] <masamune> this is awful
[19:08] <Yukimura> i can't keep all the rip offs straight anymore
[19:08] <masamune> it's like "we wanted to make all the characters have 'awesome newtype naked bonding moments'
[19:09] <masamune> but we sorta forgot to make half of them special
[19:09] <masamune> so we're just going to say the mech hardware caused people to be super special and share minds
[19:09] <masamune> i could totally buy this if it was Tieria, Ribbons, even Nina and Louise, who are sorta honnorary innovators
[19:09] <masamune> Hal/Al and Soma/Marie also
[19:09] <masamune> but Saji and Setsuna?
[19:10] <Yukimura> how do you think they created the innovaters :o
[19:10] <Yukimura> massive exposure to GN particles in utero!
[19:10] <masamune> this is like telling me: "if you upgrade to a new computer, you'll be able to talk to the guy who lives in the next apartment thru minds"
[19:10] <Yukimura> b/c GN particles solve everything

GN Particles in Gundam = decoy ship in Geass

Sunrise, I hate you.

this show is really starting to suck. the first few episodes they did well working with the old characters and establishing the new setting. now they're just throwing new mech gadgets and Innovators at us, and finally this 'GN particles can unite minds' bullshit . and i don't fucking care.

i want to see Nena talking with Ali, Tieria angsting about being a fucking transexual robot, Feldt dealing with seeing Lockon 2.0 every day and it not being the same guy. I want Sergei worrying about Soma and grappling with his commitment to an evil government. I want Mr. Bushido. I don't give a shit about Anew and Dajew and all the silly Innovators who are the same fucking thing.

for the love of god, why do they have to get naked in space and share minds?

i can already see the 'this must have been Aeolia's true intention all along for how to unite humanity' crap coming a mile away. And it's fucking lame. This shit is fucking lame

TheBladeChild
Mon, 12-15-2008, 09:18 AM
I have no idea why I found this episode funny but i did. Setsuna finally gets his I win button. At least it looks like Ribbons will be shitting bricks next week, wonder why..

I gotta say I like the design for the 00 raiser. At least its much different look compared to Exia unlike what they did from the Freedom to Strike Freedom transition(dam those gold rims).

Inazuma
Mon, 12-15-2008, 11:14 AM
The Russian old man didnt got nuked, thank god, thats the only good news of 11

rockmanj
Mon, 12-15-2008, 12:09 PM
I actually lawled at the thought of Saji basically being in the backseat of the 00 while Setsuna is doing his best kamikaze/stunt pilot impressions. Ditto on the Marina stuff; waste of animation, if you ask me. And I guess they're saving Marie for piloting the Arios's support craft, but I would have made a lot more sense if she told Saji to screw off and let the professionals handle the situation (I'm sure she still had all of her "Soma skills", as I would assume, its mostly muscle memory and such). And the ending...yea; that was retarded.