PDA

View Full Version : Garasu no Kamen/Glass Mask(2005) nowhere to be found

David75
Sat, 12-13-2008, 12:54 PM
I've tried to find dls for this show.
This is shoujo in the theater actor world. 51eps
I've found a stream for ep7 subbed in my native language and found that that ep was very nice.

isohunt gave some dead torrents and the only one with the full season has chinese subs (and does not work either...)

I was wondering if any of you had places where I can find this, anidb gave 2 groups for 1-17 and 17-39 but I'm dumb enough to not be able to track those torrents.

Munsu
Sat, 12-13-2008, 04:22 PM
I assume you want the 2005 version?

If you do a search for Glass Mask on tokyotosho, you should get torrent links up to episode 26.

The rest, I'm having trouble finding. Might want to try emuling it. This is their site, but I don't see any download links:
http://stage-storm.t35.com/menu.html

David75
Sat, 12-13-2008, 04:35 PM
I assume you want the 2005 version?

If you do a search for Glass Mask on tokyotosho, you should get torrent links up to episode 26.

The rest, I'm having trouble finding. Might want to try emuling it. This is their site, but I don't see any download links:
http://stage-storm.t35.com/menu.html

Yup it's a bit hard for the 2005 version.
I'm currently dling the 84 version VHS rip and I should get it if seeds and leechers are stable enough. 4 seeds and 5 leechers, I've seen worse...

I forgot to try "Glass Mask" on tokyotosho, it gave a lot more answers, the romaji title only gving 2 OAVs.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to try and download what's available.
I hope some group finish it, after all raws are still available it seems.

Edit: found eps till 26
Storm Stage forum is down or something, their releases were to be in that forum...
if they were on share site (megaupload or similar) I guess we can consider them lost until someone uploads again...

Munsu
Sat, 12-13-2008, 06:15 PM
You can always try and email the chicks at the website. I think they provide some contact information.
garasunokamen@gmail.com

David75
Sun, 12-14-2008, 02:55 AM
You can always try and email the chicks at the website. I think they provide some contact information.
garasunokamen@gmail.com

Thanks, in the evenings and sometimes even before, my brain can be somewhat useless...

I'll try that.
For those interrested in the show, some eps in the lower 10s-20s by mugen do not even have seeders. So it's a bit hard to get the 2005 version.
But all the eps I've seen, I loved them (till 7)

Ok 14 and 15 are totally dead trackers, 2 leechers only, 1 you can connect to with 0%...
So I found them on crunchyroll.

I've got all eps to 26 secured.
Seems crunchyroll has all eps to 39; in H264 quality isn't that bad for streaming.
Also, that saves space on your harddrive.

Stage storm as subs till 41 and 42 is due soon. I guess that some of the eps on crunchy are from them too.

End of report

David75
Sat, 11-14-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm reviving that thread:

The two girls/women managing the Stage Storm forums have decided to close it yesterday.
Some troll got the better of their legal fears regarding Glass Mask, and the fated Friday the 13th did the job...

Thing is, we will probably never get the end of the anime by Stage Storm, they were at ep 47 out of 51.

The anime has been liscenced in the US it seems, probably because crunchyroll has it already, subbed till ep 51.

Problem is, from France, it's impossible to access CR due to copyrights and so on...
So I'm screwed.

I can still watch raws, but my understanding of the language is very basic/low, so there's no point.

I wonder if the liscencing and the fact CR did the job will wake some new group, but I think it will in fact prevent anyone to do so... after all no one has even been interrested in the show in the first place, except some groups that did some eps (mugen and another one) and stage storm that just stoped.

It's so sad, for it is a nice show.

End of report.

Munsu
Sun, 11-15-2009, 09:49 AM
Seems like this group did it all:
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=group&gid=8325

Don't know where to look for it.

Anidb still lists Stage Storm as ongoing, so maybe they haven't dropped it after all? Maybe they haven't updated yet.

You can always try some proxies to watch them off CR I guess.

David75
Sun, 11-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Seems like this group did it all:
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=group&gid=8325

Don't know where to look for it.

Anidb still lists Stage Storm as ongoing, so maybe they haven't dropped it after all? Maybe they haven't updated yet.

You can always try some proxies to watch them off CR I guess.

I wanted to update tomorow because BakaBT has got a torrent ready, but not accessible for another 20 hours. I'll update then.
Seems like it will be a CR rip... Since I only need eps 48 to 51 that should be ok.

Regarding D-YFI, I've been unable to find a blog, homepage or irc group yet, maybe I'll have more luck soon, or maybe they're the ones that did the CR rip, who knows?

Regarding the proxy trick, I admitt I thought about it, but it's kind of a hassle to find one working, with good speed and no trafic limitations, so I was searching for other solutions before I would try that one.

Regarding Stage Storm, I have been following the event I summarised in my last post, and it seems pretty clear to me they want to stop GM anime that represents to much risk to their eyes.

Thank you.

I guess that someday in the future, if DVDs to be sold in the US, we'll get decent image quality subs, for now, I'll do we what is available.

David75
Mon, 11-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Here is the torrent.
http://www.bakabt.com/149192-glass-mask-glass-no-kamen-2005.html

The description tells us it's a crunchyroll rip.

It's better than nothing, after all I spent a long time finding eps, having 4 different groups and so on.
It seems the anime has been liscensed for the USA, so let's hope someday we have DVD quality (I guess BR would not be necessary for it's a 2005 show)

The show is, to my eyes, really worth it, so enjoy!