PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 428

Marik
Fri, 12-12-2008, 12:02 AM
SleepyFans

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?mgtfuqyiwal) - RapidShare (http://rapidshare.com/files/172594842/Naruto_428_SleepyFans_.zip) - Online Viewing (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/428/01/)

BakaDave
Fri, 12-12-2008, 12:20 AM
Whaaaaaaatttttt,

Why does Kishi insist on turning the rasengan into the syphilis of techniques in the ninja world?

Assertn
Fri, 12-12-2008, 12:39 AM
lol and konohamaru pulled it off so much better than Naruto ever did.

rockmanj
Fri, 12-12-2008, 12:45 AM
lol at the useless ANBU yet again. Do they stick all the retards in ANBU or something (excepting Anko ^^). And who could this monster chakra user be? Like whoever this is must be an absolute beast (no pun included). Or maybe, its from using the powers of the tailed beast to boost their natural power. I also laughed at the preview caption: "The invincible and Violent Pain"

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-12-2008, 12:58 AM
lol and konohamaru pulled it off so much better than Naruto ever did.

LOL
That he did. He is a Sarutobi after all.

darkmetal505
Fri, 12-12-2008, 01:16 AM
Konohamaru's seemed a little small though...

Death BOO Z
Fri, 12-12-2008, 07:21 AM
I knew Naruto was getting too good to be true.

but this is pretty amazing. Shadow clone, Rasengan and somewhat decent thinking abilities (albeit slightly perverted)? we've got our main for Naruto-GX.

fuck, it's horrible, we can practically say that ANBU are weaker than Konohamaru.

that's it, I'm out of words. for now. fuck!

Psyke
Fri, 12-12-2008, 09:00 AM
I find it hard to believe that Konohamaru uses shadow clones for Rasengan too. Makes me feel that anyone with decent chakra can do it. And this makes Naruto look even more pathetic...., since he STILL requires a clone to do it with.

Munsu
Fri, 12-12-2008, 09:13 AM
Intuition should tell us that the Rasengan itself is not THAT hard to do. Difference is on how powerful and effective it can be when used by different kinds of people.

And as we've learned, the Rasengan is simply the first step of more powerful techniques.

animus
Fri, 12-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Heh, the explanation of the rotation and power of the new Sexy no Jutsu was actually for Rasengan!

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-12-2008, 09:50 AM
I kinda got a bit green seeing those sexy no jutsu poses since I knew it was actually Naruto... don't know how Jiraiya could have liked THAT... lol.

Archangel
Fri, 12-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Konohamaru p'wned Pain...

Well he is a Sarutobi after all, i have to say i'm impressed.

Shizune just saved Tsunade from getting killed, unless Pain still wants to do it for the hell of it on the next chapter.

Psyke
Fri, 12-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Intuition should tell us that the Rasengan itself is not THAT hard to do. Difference is on how powerful and effective it can be when used by different kinds of people.

And as we've learned, the Rasengan is simply the first step of more powerful techniques.

Yeah, but a few years back the Rasengan, a class A jutsu or something like that, was such a big deal that Tsunade deemed it impossible for Naruto to learn (although it was just a week).

Nonetheless, considering that Konohamaru is deemed as a future Hokage candidate he should have some potential. But he needs to stop following Naruto's footsteps.

Archangel
Fri, 12-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Not to take anything from Konohamuru's achievement but his rasengan seemed smaller than naruto's and it seems, like the oodama rasengan, he needs a shadow clone to control the attack.

Still to manage to control such an A level jutsu is something he should be proud of.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 12-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Konohamaru pulling off what he pulled off is damned gold xD. Plus, that's something right out of Naruto's playbook, so I'm sure Naruto showed him everything we saw him do here today. Wow...even shit talked a little about his genetic blessings. He'll make a fine ninja if they don't kill him now.

About Naruto still needing to use clones for the rasengan, I don't think he's even tried to master it with one hand. And something tells me he doesn't need to. Kagebunshin for him is almost more like a power than a technique.

Uberbaka
Fri, 12-12-2008, 10:13 AM
He can in Kyuubi cloak mode though... http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/232/14/

Abdula
Fri, 12-12-2008, 11:14 AM
I find it hard to believe that Konohamaru uses shadow clones for Rasengan too. Makes me feel that anyone with decent chakra can do it. And this makes Naruto look even more pathetic...., since he STILL requires a clone to do it with.
Which is exactly what I've been saying like forever. Rasengan is nothing special and anyone who has decent chakra and can use shadow clones should be able to do it, the same way Naruto does. They just have to be taught. I feel like linking that thread and shoving this in the faces of all those people who actually argued that Naruto was something special.

On a side note Kishi really knows how to make Konoha nins looks useless doesn't he. All the random ninjas that guy defeated and Konohamaru gets him by using a shadow clone and rasengan. Typical:rolleyes:

Assertn
Fri, 12-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Actually, the kage bunshin was something that's more impressive.....it's a freakin forbidden jutsu even...and Konohamaru is just a genin

Abdula
Fri, 12-12-2008, 11:24 AM
It isn't impressive at all. You just need to learn one stupid hand sign to do it and Naruto was still an academy student when he saw it in the book. Besides we've seen Konohamaru use shadow clones before.

Archangel
Fri, 12-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Actually, the kage bunshin was something that's more impressive.....it's a freakin forbidden jutsu even...and Konohamaru is just a genin

About that... do we have any proof that the kage bunshin is a forbidden jutsu other than it came from the "forbidden scroll" ?

Because you know if it really is a kinjutsu than there sure are alot of outlaws on Konoha...

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-12-2008, 11:27 AM
*sigh*

Abdula... remember a Kage Bunshin splits your chackra... too much of them and you can die.

Naruto can make tons because of his freakish chackra storage.

Its impressive that Konohamaru can do it because he is just a normal genin.
Combine it with a Jutsu that requieres tons of control and chakra...

And he is still standing afterwards.

Yes. Anyone can make those two jutsus. But they requiere so much chackra they can kill whoever uses them without control.

Abdula
Fri, 12-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Yeah yeah RZ. The amount of control and chakra involved in the rasengan has been greatly exaggerated the fact that Naruto managed to learn it is proof enough. Besides as I've argued before the amount of chakra and thus the power of each rasengan should be different. All Jiraiya said was that you have to put your maximum chakra output into it, so naturally the maximum output Naruto can produce and the maximum Konohamaru can produce will be different. Much like shadow clones. the amount of chakra in one of Naruto's shadow clones and the amount in one of Konohamaru's shadow clones will be very different. So really saying rasengan requires tons of chakra and control isn't saying much. The shadow clone is used to skirt the need for perfect chakra control and the amount of chakra is different for each user. So unless someone comes out and says you need to have X amount of chakra before you can use rasengan, I'm not buying it.

Oh and speaking of shadow clones. Shadow clone is a b-ranked/chuunin level technique and I believe it was mentioned before that most chuunin level ninjas know it, though I'm not sure where. The technique Naruto learned from the book was the mass shadow clone technique.

Narasho
Fri, 12-12-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah yeah RZ. The amount of control and chakra involved in the rasengan has been greatly exaggerated the fact that Naruto managed to learn it is proof enough.

Don't forget Naruto is the son of the 4th... his talent should not be underestimated. I've always understood his lack of advancement to be partially due to the Kyuubi limiting his ability to control his own chakra. (Though that is my own opinion and I don't know that it is explicitly stated anywhere in the manga)

His clumsiness and lack of stealthiness should not be confused with a lack of talent for Ninjutsu.

Oh and speaking of shadow clones. Shadow clone is a b-ranked/chuunin level technique and I believe it was mentioned before that most chuunin level ninjas know it, though I'm not sure where. The technique Naruto learned from the book was the mass shadow clone technique.

When Naruto fought Neji in the 2nd part of the Chuunin exam a Jounin in the crowd said it was a Jounin-level ability. I don't think Kage bunshin and Taju Kage Bunshin are different techniques, one merely uses more chakra to make more clones. Neither have been stated as being forbidden techniques, they just happened to be in the scroll of seals that also happened to have forbidden techniques in it.

Abdula
Fri, 12-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Actually it was stated that Kage Bushin is a forbidden technique. Anyway Kage Bushin (http://www.narutobase.net/Naruto-Jutsus/view/Naruto-Uzumaki/Kage-Bunshin-no-Jutsu-Shadow-Clone-Technique/55.html), Taju Kage Bushin (http://www.narutobase.net/Naruto-Jutsus/view/Naruto-Uzumaki/Taju-Kage-Bunshin-no-Jutsu/55.html).

And it was also said that Naruto lacks talent.

Not trying to argue with you, just saying, it was said. Thats the problem here, far too many contradictions.

Archangel
Fri, 12-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Actually it was stated that Kage Bushin is a forbidden technique. Anyway Kage Bushin (http://www.narutobase.net/Naruto-Jutsus/view/Naruto-Uzumaki/Kage-Bunshin-no-Jutsu-Shadow-Clone-Technique/55.html), Taju Kage Bushin (http://www.narutobase.net/Naruto-Jutsus/view/Naruto-Uzumaki/Taju-Kage-Bunshin-no-Jutsu/55.html).

And it was also said that Naruto lacks talent.

Not trying to argue with you, just saying, it was said. Thats the problem here, far too many contradictions.

Where the hell does narutobase get their intel from? Cause i never heard of death by shadow clone or both of those being different jutsus.

Has for naruto lacking talent... the fact that he has so much chakra and still only uses 2 or 3 jutsus should be proof enough of that.

It's always irritated me that neither him or his teacher ever tried to use his massive chakra reserves for something more constructive than shadow clone + rasengan combos. I mean imagine how the smallest wind jutsu would be incredibly destructive when multiplied by 2000 !!

Abdula
Fri, 12-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Its not death by shadow clone, they would die if they used up too much chakra. Its the same thing Kakashi warned Sasuke about when he taught him chidori and its the exact same thing thats happening to Kakashi now. He simply used too much and there is an increased risk of that happening when someone uses shadow clones.

Archangel
Fri, 12-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Explain how.

The kage bunshin no jutsu splits your chakra in equal amounts by the clones. In that case wouldn't a move like the chidori or the MS be alot more dangerous since they spend alot of chakra all at once?

NeoCybercoin
Fri, 12-12-2008, 05:53 PM
But in the first chapter of Naruto you see him doing Kage Bunshin and he makes like..a thousand or something. Thats just normal Kage Bunshin.

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/1/50-51/)

Cant recall it well if they did it in the manga but in the Anime you clearly hear him say Taju Kage Bunshin No Jutsu in the latest episode and he makes 2 or 3 clones.

Naruto_RNG
Fri, 12-12-2008, 06:45 PM
just when I thought kishi couldn't belittle naruto any furthur this crap happenes. Of all the things kishi could of come up with why ransengan and KB? Damn if was really out of ideas he could make konohamaru summoned Enma, it would of made more sense. I can't believe konohamaru uses KB better then naruto does lol

Patriot
Fri, 12-12-2008, 10:30 PM
I also think, and this is following Dragon Ball logic, that once going Super Saiyan was for Goku only then Fajita (forget about the monkey mode and legendary and even their ancestories for a second) and then later on even the kids could do SS2 and SS3 and Fusion. So the thinking is as time goes on, A ranks are doable by younger Ninjas and that what was once OMFG amazing, isn't anymore. Someone said it best, we now have a candidate for Naruto GT.

Just my two cents.

Psyke
Fri, 12-12-2008, 11:15 PM
To me, Tajuu Kage Bunshin and Kage Bunshin are the same thing. The Tajuu just emphasizes on the amount of clones created, which is why I don't get why Naruto adds the Tajuu these days even when making 3 clones.

And yes, Tajuu (多重) simply means multiple(s).

darkshadow
Sat, 12-13-2008, 02:25 AM
I don't get why konohamaru did anything better then naruto, naruto has suprised plenty of ppl to overcome odds, even in the very first arc against zabuza, the fuma shuriken kage bunshin was far more impressive to me then what konohamaru did here.

Also konohamaru practically did an Oodama rasengan..........without the oodama, heck it was even much tinier then naruto's normal rasengan when he himself was konohamaru's age (plus naruto learned the technique in a week), so no, Konohamaru still has a long way to go before actually "outdoing" naruto.

Also, who says the Akaktsuki member is dead? It didn't look damaging enough to actually kill a body that is....well already dead.

Munsu
Sat, 12-13-2008, 08:54 AM
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Kage Bunshin is not forbidden... the Tajuu Kage Bunshin is the only one that is forbidden.
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/421/naruto010025uw2.th.png (http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=naruto010025uw2.png)

Also, we had already seen Konohamaru do the Kage Bunshin before. Kage Bunshin is simply a jounin-level jutsu.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 12-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Or we can just accept that Kishi has developed a plot hole by giving a two bit character one of the most powerful techniques in the show. We spent so many episodes/chapters on Naruto learning the rasengan with all the associated "damn that's impossible, he must be destined as Hokage if he can do that" crap. Also, why the hell did Naruto act so surprised that Kakashi could do the rasengan during his wind element training if a fool like Konohamaru could by now?

As for the Pein vs Konohamaru "battle", there is no way that a ninja of Pein's level should have been caught out by a stupid feign manouver using Kage Bunshin, and that too by a Genin.

The whole thing just sucks, Naruto has now officially become shit.

Munsu
Sat, 12-13-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm pretty sure that the first guy to make fire seemed like a genius. After that, many people could make fire.

It's the same with jutsus. Techiniques, training, etc. get perfected so that lesser people might be able to use it.

I think the most important part of Naruto is not that he can use the Rasengan, but in the way that he managed to accomplish it.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 12-13-2008, 09:44 AM
I would disagree, because then that's true of every technique. No one call's Henge or Kawarimi A-rank, and the difficulty of a technique isn't determined by the number of existing users.

Munsu
Sat, 12-13-2008, 10:07 AM
I would disagree, because then that's true of every technique. No one call's Henge or Kawarimi A-rank, and the difficulty of a technique isn't determined by the number of existing users.
That's not what I meant at all. All I'm saying is that regardless of how difficult of a technique it is, as time passes people find ways to do them easier. It's pretty much true everywhere. That's why sports records fall constantly. Some last more than others, but they're still broken. Just look at the olympics last year and all the swimming records that were broken.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 12-13-2008, 10:17 AM
True, but then there are other factors you need to consider if you are drawing an analogy with stuff like olympics or even any other thing that is improved upon. In olympics or sports in general for example, there is advancements in the fields of diets/nutrition, understanding of physiology, biology etc. In the case of this jutsu, there has been no improvement or 'research' done in any of these areas and Konohamaru has just picked this up.

The only thing you could argue that has been improved upon the 4th's original technique is the use of Kage Bunshin's to do the rasengan, which does make it easier. But if this was not realised by the 4th, Jiraiya or Kakashi, how much could you really say that these were geniuses? By that virture also, anyone who can do Kage Bunshin (or any other bunshin like Suna or Mizu) should be able to do a rasengan.

Therefore the overall 'unique' effect of the rasengan is still lost. I don't understand why even at this point Kakashi doesn't use Kage Bunshin to add his eletricity element to the Rasengan like Naruto did for wind.

Tyreal
Sat, 12-13-2008, 11:19 AM
I don't understand why even at this point Kakashi doesn't use Kage Bunshin to add his eletricity element to the Rasengan like Naruto did for wind.

This might not be cannon since I can't remember if he said it in the manga or not but Kakashi did say that he wouldn't be able to control his shadow clones well enough to use them in the same way that Naruto does. Not to mention Kakashi also has a relatively low chakara capacity compared to Naruto and one thing we do know is that using and maintaining shadow clones uses up a lot of chakara.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 12-13-2008, 12:43 PM
The point about shadow clones using chakra is more about needing quite a bit to make a large number, not about how well you can control them. If if Kakashi could only make one then that would be enough, as his chakra control is good enough to create a normal rasengan as it is.

Assertn
Sat, 12-13-2008, 12:57 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that Konohamaru learned Rasengan easily BECAUSE of Naruto's kage bunshin trick. Just as Bud said, Naruto was the first one to discover that trick, which is why it was considered a much more difficult jutsu to perform before him.

Also, Kakashi doesn't have a problem combining elemental composition with chakra form. The reason he can't make a Rai-sengan is because the two are simply incompatible. A swirling ball of chakra doesn't evolve with just ANY element. Naruto's wind affinity is the ONLY reason he was able to develop the rasengan further than anyone before him.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 12-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Where was that said?

NeoCybercoin
Sat, 12-13-2008, 02:11 PM
It was said that the Rasengan was incomplete and the 4th was going to add his own element. But as far as we know he could have had 2 to 3 elements. Maybe he did want to add wind, maybe fire or maybe Electricity.

I don't think that it would cause any trouble if you add Electricity to Rasengan.

Uberbaka
Sat, 12-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Well, naruto learned the rasengan before they did the whole affinity test, right?

SilentSnake
Sat, 12-13-2008, 07:31 PM
The way I see it Assertn meant mixing regular rasengan with affinity different than wind.

Tbh, just like DB_Hunter, I'm curious where was that said.

I'd have to agree that the "spinning" part of rasengan can be easily associated with "wind" affinity, but I see no reason for rasengan to be "incompatible" with other affinities.

Yeah, It could be dumb (rasengan + fire = wtf? how would that work?) or incredibly chakra consuming (rasengan + lightning = prolly mass dmg + fckn HUGE chakra cost) but I guess it would be POSSIBLE. Another option is I/We don't have enough imagination to come up with a technique that makes any sense when the above are mixed together.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 12-13-2008, 08:14 PM
The way I see it Assertn meant mixing regular rasengan with affinity different than wind.

I'd have to agree that the "spinning" part of rasengan can be easily associated with "wind" affinity, but I see no reason for rasengan to be "incompatible" with other affinities.

Yeah, It could be dumb (rasengan + fire = wtf? how would that work?) or incredibly chakra consuming (rasengan + lightning = prolly mass dmg + fckn HUGE chakra cost) but I guess it would be POSSIBLE. Another option is I/We don't have enough imagination to come up with a technique that makes any sense when the above are mixed together.

fire spin. there's already a pokemon attack assorted with.
bubble blaster. thunder ball.

the only element that doesn't fit is ground element, and if you push hard enough, you can probably find a word that matches the case.

I feel that all this chapter has done was downgrade Naruto into a character who's only real asset is the demon and the after effects of it. all of his ninja accomplishments turn out to be shit (whenever he's awesome, it turns out that the kyuubi made it possible, and other times, it's revealed that his accomplishments are incredibly easy), he usually figures out the obvious solution months after every internet fandom has gone through them.

he's turning into a distant, shadow of his former character. or rather, he's becoming closer to a shonen series hero prototype and farther than an original character. all he has going for him is a plot device mechanism and the ability to shonen-heart people into sacrificing their lives in battle for him.

but enough of that, here are some rumblings about the chidori.
shouldn't the chidori be one of the more stable attacks\elements? electricity is pretty much the only thing you can keep 'charged', so why does it seem so chackra wasteful? clouds have strong electricity charges, and they're the trademark of peace and tranquility. shouldn't it be possible for some ninja to make his entire body in 'wires' that circulate the electricity until it using it?

bahha, screw all this elements crap. it was stupid when it was introduced, it's stupid now and it's making me write stupid things.

Assertn
Sat, 12-13-2008, 08:42 PM
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/321/10/

The 4th created it with the intent of applying his elemental composition into it....however, it was impossible for him to do. Same thing for Kakashi, which is why Kakashi developed raikiri instead. Considering how rare wind affinity is among konoha nins, it makes sense to me that this is why only Naruto has been able to bring the rasengan this far.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 12-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Where did you get the idea that wind affinity was rare in Konoha? I seriously don't know where you are pulling all these ideas from, the only people we have even seen with elemental affinities are Kakashi, Naruto, Sasuke and Yamato. There is a whole village out there and for all we know half of them have wind affinity.

Tyreal
Sat, 12-13-2008, 09:50 PM
If if Kakashi could only make one then that would be enough, as his chakra control is good enough to create a normal rasengan as it is.

what do u take Kakashi's sentence here (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/330/05/) to mean then? I took it to mean he can't control his shadow clones as well as Naruto. By that I mean that each shadow clone can't manage their responsibility of either shape, nature or output correctly relative to the other clones, of course this is just my interpretation and speculation on my part. But the point is Kakashi has said that neither he or even the fourth would be be able to accomplish this in the same way Naruto did.

Where did you get the idea that wind affinity was rare in Konoha?

Well considering it was actually said by Asuma in the manga (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/317/17/) I'd take it as fact that it is rare.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 12-13-2008, 10:51 PM
You got me there. Seriously despite that thought Kakashi's claim to not being able to do good Kagebunshins sounds like BS to me, made up at the time to make Naruto looking even stronger. It doesn't sit well with the way his character has been developed throughout the manga as being a genius who is don at everything except chakra levels.

Munsu
Sat, 12-13-2008, 10:59 PM
What Kakashi said was that it would be impractical for someone like him to use Kagebunshin to train because he doesn't have the amount of chakra Naruto has. Instead of helping him train, it would work against him. He was simply saying that he couldn't use the Kagebunshin trick to train... not that he wasn't able to control Kagebunshins.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 12-13-2008, 11:58 PM
That would make more sense. But surely then even with fewer clones than Naruto but coupled with his vastly superior natural ability, sure Kakashi should be able to figure out what to do? Even if it takes him a few months rather than a week..?

Tyreal
Sun, 12-14-2008, 12:20 AM
What Kakashi said was that it would be impractical for someone like him to use Kagebunshin to train because he doesn't have the amount of chakra Naruto has. Instead of helping him train, it would work against him. He was simply saying that he couldn't use the Kagebunshin trick to train... not that he wasn't able to control Kagebunshins.

Maybe so but from how I read that he was referring to how Naruto used his shadow clones to create the Rasenshuriken, not the training thing since he talked about the tarining thing several chapters earlier (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/315/10/). This is supported even more by the fact that at the time Naruto had only created 2 clones rather than the 100's he was using when he was actually training. This is because it took place right after Kakashi done the looking left (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/329/06/) and right (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/329/07/) example for Naruto.

David Craft
Sun, 12-14-2008, 12:48 AM
Hey guys, Here is my gist on why kage bushin is a big deal (and possibly a forbidden jitsu) and the whole deal with the chakra requirement.

Since this technique divides your chakra its not THIS TECHNIQUE that would kill you but the next one. (which if you are fighting their will PROB BE a 'next one'

Take Kakashi for example, he could only do 4 chidori's a day... now this means if he made like 4 shadow clones then tried to do a chidori, he would prob use up ALL his chakra and possibly die.

If he made one shadow clone, got it destroyed and made a second one... the same result would happen.

And these numbers come from a fresh start not mid battle.

In short, ppl liek Kakashi cannot use many of Naruto's kagebushin strategies at all in a serious battle or risk dividing their chakra up far to much to make the next move.

Now I know that the wind rasengan of naruto's took allot out of even him (it said that he at first could only get one a day, then he pushed it to 3 ) so with some one like Kakashi could never pull this off with a shadow clone's help as that alone just divided his chakra in half... again assuming he does this right from the start.

Also you can understand why they don't like to teach the kage bushin technique to just any one... Some one w/o MUCH experience in battle and their own chakra levels would EASILY kill themselves by going overboard. Naruto again is just the exception.

~David

Assertn
Sun, 12-14-2008, 02:06 AM
Where did you get the idea that wind affinity was rare in Konoha? I seriously don't know where you are pulling all these ideas from, the only people we have even seen with elemental affinities are Kakashi, Naruto, Sasuke and Yamato. There is a whole village out there and for all we know half of them have wind affinity.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/317/17/

Feel free to stop doubting me at any time, ok? :]

DB_Hunter
Sun, 12-14-2008, 08:40 AM
You got me there.

Feel free to stop taking this personally, I have already accepted that I got this wrong.

darkshadow
Sun, 12-14-2008, 10:55 AM

Jiraiya can do a fire rasengan, cept its not really a rasengan infused with fire, he just blows fire on top of it, so it spins around the rasengan.

Wren
Sun, 12-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Jiraiya can do a fire rasengan, cept its not really a rasengan infused with fire, he just blows fire on top of it, so it spins around the rasengan.

curious, but when does jiraiya do a "fire" rasengan? i remember the regular, the oodama that naruto used, the bs rasen shuriken, and the huge one that jiraiya used vs Pain. is the one you speak of in a game perhaps? if i've missed one do point it out.

Marik
Sun, 12-14-2008, 10:31 PM
lol, I was wondering the same. I've only seen Fire Style: Flame Rasengan in Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3.

UChessmaster
Mon, 12-15-2008, 12:11 AM
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/321/10/

The 4th created it with the intent of applying his elemental composition into it....however, it was impossible for him to do. Same thing for Kakashi, which is why Kakashi developed raikiri instead. Considering how rare wind affinity is among konoha nins, it makes sense to me that this is why only Naruto has been able to bring the rasengan this far.

Naruto didn`t managed to do it because he has wind element and thus makes it easier, he did it because he used shadow clones, i don`t see how any other element wouldn`t work.

You`re assuming yondaime didn`t managed to do it because his element is incompatible, wich is not stated on the manga as far as i know, here are some potential reasons.

A) Incompatibility as you said.

B) Coudln`t find a way to add his element without clones just like naruto.

C) Didn`t had enough training time because he was either busy with his pregnant wife/being hokage/dead.

D) He discovered World of Warcraft.

E) Decided Rasengan was strong enough as it is and decided to move on to make/improve other techniques.

darkshadow
Mon, 12-15-2008, 01:17 PM
curious, but when does jiraiya do a "fire" rasengan? i remember the regular, the oodama that naruto used, the bs rasen shuriken, and the huge one that jiraiya used vs Pain. is the one you speak of in a game perhaps? if i've missed one do point it out.

lol, I was wondering the same. I've only seen Fire Style: Flame Rasengan in Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3.

^This, he also does it in Ultimate Ninja Storm for ps3. And yes these attacks are valid cause all the special attacks cc2 make, go past kishi for approval. Kinda like how the gc bleach games confirmed the abilities of certain zanpakutou way before they even showed up in the manga. Seeing how Jiraiya is dead now, I don't think it can be considered a "spoiler" any longer, but he did have the ability to do it.

SilentSnake
Mon, 12-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Naruto didn`t manage to do it because he has wind element and thus makes it easier, he did it because he used shadow clones, i don`t see how any other element wouldn`t work.

You`re assuming yondaime didn`t manage to do it because his element is incompatible, wich is not stated on the manga as far as i know

People underestimate kagebunshin a lot because it's so overused by Naruto, but even though it's Kishi's fault we see it that way (me included) doesn't mean it's true.

3rd made *2* kage bunshins and everyone went "OMIGOD WTF!" (I do remember he was old and stuff, but still... it was there that was emphasized why making kage bunshins was, in a way, dangerous because of splitting one's chakra)

What is more, Kakashi CAME UP with the idea of using kage bunshins for TRAINING purposes BECAUSE of the way Naruto can use them. I believe it was directly/indirectly stated that this kind of training is valid ONLY for Naruto.

Also, 4th didn't get enough time to finish rasengan.
To back up this argument are the facts that he was hokage, he died quite young and he was not single. (he is Naruto's father after all and EVERYONE who is not single can confirm that girlfriend/boyfriend does take a lot of time away :P )

Imo if he had enough time and will he'd be able to master rasengan the way he'd want and that applies to everyone with enough time and talent.

Naruto = training haxxor, but not everyone has to hax to get similar/same results.

Patriot
Mon, 12-15-2008, 09:46 PM
At least Naruto goes through a lot of training arcs and doesn't get exponentially stronger while getting his ass kicked. Oh wait he does .

I think I was one of the first to call a Clone that collects Sage chakra, but I'm hoping that its a trick to mislead us and he figures something else out. But it seems we are heading in that direction, due to the its like looking left and right statement. But I want to know what he was doing when those mountains were failing apart and what this secret is that he is keeping from the frog. OH well time will tell.

DB_Hunter
Tue, 12-16-2008, 10:02 AM
He's probably learnt to throw the rasen-shuriken and is now just practising on his aim/control.

It will be interesting to see if Pein can actually go to where Naruto is, as the old frog said at the starts that anybody who didn't know exactly where they were going would get lost in the mountain maze (or something like that).

Wren
Tue, 12-16-2008, 05:34 PM
^This, he also does it in Ultimate Ninja Storm for ps3. And yes these attacks are valid cause all the special attacks cc2 make, go past kishi for approval. Kinda like how the gc bleach games confirmed the abilities of certain zanpakutou way before they even showed up in the manga. Seeing how Jiraiya is dead now, I don't think it can be considered a "spoiler" any longer, but he did have the ability to do it.

don't need to get defensive, just curious as to where the move came from. if anything, thanks for the confirmation

and im not looking forward to the advent of "spirit bomb" rasenan...
but at least i can lol at konohamaru showing up chuunin/jounin level konoha ninjas.

itadakimasu
Wed, 12-17-2008, 02:35 PM
he's clearly a twink.

still curious if naruto explained how to do rasangen w\ the pervy jutsu, or if thats just what konohamaru was thinking naruto was going to show him.

and now... completely unrelated to the chapter. I was just looking at a hundred dollar bill... and Benjamin Franklin clearly has the rennigan.

Idealistic
Wed, 12-17-2008, 09:43 PM
still curious if naruto explained how to do rasangen w\ the pervy jutsu, or if thats just what konohamaru was thinking naruto was going to show him.

It's what Konoharmaru was thinking....

Archangel
Thu, 12-18-2008, 01:28 PM
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg97/MoparGarrett7/Copyof100_dollar_bill.jpg

Benjamin Franklin is Madara!!!