PDA

View Full Version : Playstation Home

rockmanj
Thu, 12-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Did anyone get the open beta yet?

darkshadow
Thu, 12-11-2008, 10:47 PM
I did, hours ago.
Made a char, walked around, decorated a room, quit to never run it again.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-11-2008, 11:16 PM
I got my code Nov 28th to be used by Dec 1st. I googled around for what it was, and left it at that.

Idealistic
Fri, 12-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Home is awesome.

rockmanj
Fri, 12-12-2008, 01:02 AM
Hmm, it was kinda meh. I played quite a few games of pool though. Anyway, if you want to add me on the PSN my id is rockmanj.

Psyke
Fri, 12-12-2008, 02:22 AM
I just tried it, but it seems to be based on region and everyone's speaking in either Cantonese and Chinese. The only English speaking ones are from Singapore.....

rockmanj
Fri, 12-12-2008, 05:11 AM
I thought there would be a lot of Korean speaking, but alas...its almost all English speaking people when I sign on.

Even though its not that great, It could be used to like set up games or something...I'll make a club with the name "Gotwoot". Join if you like ^^

...scratch that. I m not paying to make one

Idealistic
Sat, 12-13-2008, 12:45 AM
They need to hurry and add the "Launch/Setup Games" features.

Home can be a place to find people to play your games with when you don't have any friends on to play.

Psyke
Sat, 12-13-2008, 12:51 AM
Yeah even a change of clothes requires a dollar. I'm not going to pay for any of this too, since there are better things to pay for. I tried a few rounds of pool and bowling, and it was pretty refreshing. A good break from the other "serious" games.

rockmanj
Sat, 12-13-2008, 01:40 AM
Yea, I would just like to use it to find people to play online games together more than anything.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-13-2008, 07:20 AM
It had that function? Damn, should have used that code then. I thought it was just a Sims knockoff.

Marik
Sat, 12-13-2008, 10:36 AM
I've been in the beta for a month, and I really can't say I like or dislike Home. I like bowling and playing arcade games, when I can actually get on them. Other than that, Home seems like a lot of untapped potential. So I'll save my judgment for the future.

Just let you guys know. You can unlock free items for Home, by playing the Namco Museum demo on the Japanese PSN.

Pac-Man
1 Cherry - 1 gift in Home
1 Strawberry - 1 gift in Home
Beat first level - 1 gift in Home
Eat all 4 ghosts with one power pellet. - 1 gift in Home

Galaga
Beat Stage 1 - 1 gift in Home
Beat Stage 2 - 1 gift in Home
Get a Dual Fighter (let one of the yellow guys capture a ship then get it back by killing yellow guy) - 1 gift in Home
Get Your Ship Captured & Destroy It - 1 gift in Home

Dig-Dug
Beat first stage - 1 gift in Home
Get carrot in 1st stage - 1 gift in Home
Get turnip in second stage - 1 gift in Home
Kill 2 monsters with 1 rock - 1 gift in Home

Xevious
Complete first area
Complete second area
Find the Sol Tower using a bomb.
Find the flag and retrieve it using a bomb.

Male gifts from Namco beta
* Namco hat
* 5 t-shirts
* 1 pair of shorts

Female gifts from Namco beta
* 5 t-shirts
* 1 pair of shorts
* 1 pair of shoes

Home space decoration/furniture from Namco beta
* 4 arcade cabinet
* 1 pooka statue
* 1 Namco chair
* 1 four in one table top arcade cabinet (to get the 4-in-1 table game cabinet, you need to unlock all 4 available achievements for all 4 games to get to Level 3)

Also you can get free items by playing Echochrome and Ice Breaker in the Bowling Alley.

Echochrome
4000 points on stage 1: Echochrome outfit (pants, shoes, gloves, shirt) x2 for male and female
10000 points on stage 1: Some sort of trophy
6000 points on Stage 2: Echochrome t-shirt and
10000 points on stage 2: Thinking man statue
20000 points on Stage 3: Echochrome table

Ice Breaker
Ice Breaker beanie hat - level 5
Ice breaker shirt - level 8
Ice breaker pants - level 13
Ice breaker shoes - level 16
Penguin Ornament/Statue - level 20

Xelbair
Sat, 12-13-2008, 11:46 AM
everytime i try to log in to home i get kicked back to starting screen "Error connection with server terminated C-something"... no its not problem with my connection - i'm posting right now when receiving this error.

Psyke
Sat, 12-13-2008, 12:00 PM
It happens during peak hours. Just try again a couple of times and you should get in.

Xelbair
Sat, 12-13-2008, 12:15 PM
i tried it yesterday and i don't think that 1AM is a peek hour. Still - thanks for advice i'm still gonna try it :]

Psyke
Sat, 12-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Well keep trying. It works for me, usually in less than 3 or 4 tries.

Here's a clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--KAq8V4phY) which I thought was rather funny and yet sad at the same time.

Lyzuu
Mon, 12-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Here's a clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--KAq8V4phY) which I thought was rather funny and yet sad at the same time.

That's pretty good quincying, love the reaction that they got.

Stitch
Thu, 12-25-2008, 02:46 PM
I can't believe Sony spent development time on this. What was the point? This defines new levels of boredom in an MMO. They should've left Second Life to the generally insane subcultures of the internet.

Shadow Skill
Sun, 12-28-2008, 02:02 AM
Sony spend time on it to make stalking online, simple, easy and fun to use for all the social outcasts. -Snicker-