PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 88

LaZie
Thu, 12-11-2008, 07:51 PM
DB strikes again

http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns088.torrent

Azonalanthious
Thu, 12-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Ok, the range still sucks and there was still a normal 'Naruto fumble'... But at least a bit of cleverness in take two and that is one fun attack.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Seems like Rasen-Shuriken uses up a lot more chakra than his regular counterpart. Naruto was flat out after the second attack. As for the episode itself, it drops a notch from the previous, but what do you expect, Naruto turned up :p

Perfectly fine episode still, what held it back was mostly the clicheness of it all. Especially the happy-ending-music (which isn't exactly the "coolest" soundtrack we've heard).

The way Kakuzu landed made it ambiguous if he is dead or not. The preview gives us that answer yet again, but I don't see it as such a big deal this time.

Edit: what I didn't understand was why Kakuzu went for Naruto's heart, knowing perfectly well he's got the Nine Tails in him. Unless the anime failed to explain something properly, killing the host also kills the bijuu. Akatsuki surely can't be happy with their financial planner ruining their plans for a spare organ.

Edit2: and I echo Chouji's bewilderment at naming it the Rasen-Shuriken. A more appropriate name would be like Futon: Rasen Shu-red-der :p

DarthEnderX
Thu, 12-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Well, calling it a shuriken is obviously because its a 4 pointed star when he's still holding it.

As for killing Naruto, maybe Kakuzu was more concerned with keeping Naruto from killing him then he was capturing a Jinchuuriki.

Anyway, the episode was pretty sweet. Dissapointed Rasenshurken has no range. The effect was suitably epic enough to make up for it though. Or at least, it would have been if Kakuzu had been shredded to nothingness. When he exploded into light there I thought for sure there was gonna be nothing left.

So...this is the first time Naruto has ever killed anyone in canon isn't it? I wonder if that's gonna effect him at all. Of course, Kakuzu was inhuman to the point of almost being some kind of zombie puppet thing. So maybe it won't phase him at all.

EDIT: Fixed, thanks Buff.

Assertn
Thu, 12-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Also keep in mind, Yamato said the jutsu was about half complete.
Maybe the other half is getting him to throw it?

Azonalanthious
Thu, 12-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Ya know, something that is just starting to sink in now, about two hours after the episode, is what we actually just saw. Naruto, with two attacks lasting about 15 seconds each, just utterly and single handly destroyed a foe who had taken a Rakuri to the chest and just kept going, solidly defeating Kakashi not once (before Shikamaru's intervention) but twice. And Naruto would have done it in a single attack if he had been able to hold the technique a little longer. All without 1) summoning a billion clones and watching them all go poof to no effect, 2) Charging in like an idiot with no forthought or planning, 3) doing his fox cloak thing, 4) getting beat to !@#$ before doing anything useful.

It may indeed be a whole new Naruto. Here's hoping at least.

edit:

Seems like Rasen-Shuriken uses up a lot more chakra than his regular counterpart. Naruto was flat out after the second attack.

Eh, I'm sure it uses more, but I'm not sure we can make to solid of a judgement yet as to how much it uses. Remember that they made a point to draw attention to the fact that he was pretty beat up and worn out at the very start of the fight. I think he was already pretty much running on fumes at that point, which is why he is so totalled.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Well, calling it a shuriken is obviously because its a 4 pointed star when he's still holding it.

As for killing Naruto, maybe Kakuzu was more concerned with keeping Naruto from killing him then he was capturing a Jinchuuriki.

Anyway, the episode was pretty sweet. Dissapointed Rasenshurken has no range. The effect was suitably epic enough to make up for it though. Or at least, it would have been if Kakuzu had been shredded to nothingness. When he exploded into light there I thought for sure there was gonna be nothing left.

So...this is the first time Naruto has ever killed anyone in canon isn't it? I wonder if that's gonna effect him at all. Of course, Kakuzu was inhuman to the point of almost being some kind of zombie puppet thing. So maybe it won't phase him at all.

Had me confused for a sec there Darth.

Uzumaki
Fri, 12-12-2008, 12:38 AM
Agree with the comment above about the music choice used for Naruto's new attack, would of been much cooler if it was more sinister. Also thought the fight was a little too predictable with the clone disapearing, saw it coming a mile off. Still enjoyable nonetheless, but is that Orochimaru stuff filler next week? :/

Pandadice
Fri, 12-12-2008, 02:49 AM
eh. the show just got a lot less interesting.. what a lame way of killing Kakuru.. kakashi holds his own, and they kill like 2 of his hearts during an amazing fight, and then naruto just comes in and finishes it in 2 attacks while everyone else just stands back and watches.

not looking forward to the filler coming up. but, what else is there in naruto...

deadlydreamx
Fri, 12-12-2008, 02:59 AM
what makes you guys think the next episode is a filler, plus anything with oro and saskue should be good.

lilphatboi88
Fri, 12-12-2008, 03:57 AM
I don't know why I didn't say it last week, but it looked like a spirit bomb at first.

November 11
Fri, 12-12-2008, 07:53 AM
A bit disappointing. Such formidable opponent defeated by Naruto in two tries under 5 minutes. The clone switch and new rasengan technique is not good enough to justify this.

My heart sank when Naruto acknowledged the importance of teamwork but then goes off saying he needs to walk the bridge alone to grow up.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-12-2008, 08:38 AM
I actually liked the bridge speech.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-12-2008, 08:58 AM
I actually liked the bridge speech.

So did I. It was better placed than all the other junk we've been fed. Dead Akatsuki brings back another thought -> rings.

I don't have any real complaints in general, but I agree this battle was underwhelming.

Kakuzu himself is to blame for his easy defeat. Guess after all those generations of experience he's still rather careless. It'd be a more interesting fight for him to nail the back clone, then expect and dodge an attack from the front guys (his back), only to have the one he nailed initially to punch a shredder in his face. For all this "new Naruto" business, this trick was straight out of the Neji's Chuunin fight.

A trip to Konoha would be even more worthwhile now with a Nine Tails and two rings all gathered in one place.

Kraco
Fri, 12-12-2008, 09:19 AM
I think this was a decent enough episode. Kakuzu got defeated a bit easily, but on the other hand after Naruto's first failed attempt, I think he was seriously underestimating the opponent, and intended to finish the fight quickly while it seemed like he would be fighting Naruto alone, the others just standing still as a passive audience.

RyougaZell
Fri, 12-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Kakuzu definitely understimated Naruto after the first failed attempt. He thought flying a bit was enough to evade the attack.

Rasen-shuriken's animation was fantastic. And it was done un-kyuubi-fied as well... imagine what effect it would have if Naruto used under the Kyuubi-cloak.

November 11
Fri, 12-12-2008, 10:14 AM
So did I. It was better placed than all the other junk we've been fed.

I certainly do not think that the speech is nonsensical but for someone as junior as Naruto to try facing off a century old Akatsuki member is suicidal. If he is not the main character, he would've been utterly defeated by now. I guess I really wanted to see Kakashi and rest helping out rather than standing there gawking at Naruto's awesomeness.

On the other hand, Shikamaru has been incredible, we've been shown enough evidence that Hidan is not the brightest and with the preparation that Shika has done in advance, his victory is well deserved.

Archangel
Fri, 12-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Wow shikamaru is officially the coolest chunin ever, the rest of the village doesn't even compare.

The animation for the rasenshuriken was amazing, it made it so much more epic than in the manga.

So this arc is pretty much complete i guess, and from the looks of the preview emo-boy is coming back for the next one....

Jeff_from_MD
Fri, 12-12-2008, 12:13 PM
My take on why there was some lameness surrounding the use of rasen-shuriken on Kakuzu was simply because of the ho-hum animation this episode. I mean the Oodama-rasengan landed against Itachi was so much more lively in effect and satisfying, as unsophisticated it may be. But here, it's just Kakuzu getting prickles all around him + a generic sphere, without much particle/wave dynamic in between.

Yukimura
Fri, 12-12-2008, 12:43 PM
It's always struck me as odd that the Rasen* supposedly has to be hand delivered and can't be thrown, however once it connects with an enemy it seems to detach from the user and continue doing it's destructive thing as the target is pushed away from the user. Once Naruto hit Kakuzu with Rasenshuriken the doom ball seemed to get stuck to him and he and it both flew a good 100+ feet before the doom ball evolved into giant doom cloud. If the technique can push the target that far before 'activating' I don't see why Naruto shouldn't be able to just throw it at someone and have it hit them and then turn into the doom cloud.

Anyway, I liked the ep overall. I'm glad Shikamaru got the lighter back, and I thought Hidan's mad ravings were decently done. However, I also thought that Kakuzu did a little too much standing around. I don't see the point of him just waiting around for them to confer and decide what to do as opposed to trying for an attack of some sort while Naruto was down the first time. It was like he was just waiting around for them to come up with a way to kill him.

Azonalanthious
Fri, 12-12-2008, 01:27 PM
He could have just been playing for time. Don't forget that he was outnumbered five to one and at least two of his foes had potent attacks. While he knew Hidan had been tricked into destroying one of his hearts, I expect he still thought Hidan could/would destroy Shikamaru and return to help even the odds up.

Abdula
Fri, 12-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Good episode.

Anyone notice what Ino said after Naruto's attack failed the first time around. Thats a rather haughty thing for her to say, especially since she didn't do anything since the battle began. Bitch.

Anyway speaking of Naruto's attacks let me get this straight. He needs a clone to do the rasengan and that can't be thrown. He needs two clones to do the Rasenshuriken which also can't be thrown but in the last episode we saw him do the Fuuton: Rasengan with one hand and he throws it. Inconsistent huh

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-12-2008, 03:46 PM
I didn't like the way they animated it when Kazuku was just floating in the air with little white lines all over him, but when he was inside the ball and it was showing his flesh getting torn apart and then him exploding was awesome.
Anyone notice what Ino said after Naruto's attack failed the first time around. Thats a rather haughty thing for her to say, especially since she didn't do anything since the battle began. Bitch.Well, has she ever actually seen him do anything cool? I don't think she's ever seen him even do a normal rasengan before.

Anyway speaking of Naruto's attacks let me get this straight. He needs a clone to do the rasengan and that can't be thrown. He needs two clones to do the Rasenshuriken which also can't be thrown but in the last episode we saw him do the Fuuton: Rasengan with one hand and he throws it. Inconsistent huhI don't think that one last episode worked that way at all, I think it was just done like that for dramatic effect.

With the way they were standing in front of the group afterwards, it seemed to me like Naruto and Yamato jumped in front of the attack, then used their combination attack to block Kazuku's combination attack.

Abdula
Fri, 12-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Well, has she ever actually seen him do anything cool? I don't think she's ever seen him even do a normal rasengan before.
Based on the smug look she had on her face after he failed I don't think its just about her not seeing him do anything cool before. Btw she did she his battles during the Chuunin exam and Naruto's exploits are well known throughout the village. Thats just Ino's personality.

I don't think that one last episode worked that way at all, I think it was just done like that for dramatic effect.

With the way they were standing in front of the group afterwards, it seemed to me like Naruto and Yamato jumped in front of the attack, then used their combination attack to block Kazuku's combination attack.
I agree but they certainly overdid it.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-12-2008, 04:38 PM
I will say this though, the sound effects for the rasenshuriken were epic.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-12-2008, 07:02 PM
I will say this though, the sound effects for the rasenshuriken were epic.

That is quite true, though you'll have to take marks off for originality. It's almost identical to the Chidori.

lilphatboi88
Fri, 12-12-2008, 07:27 PM
True.

Next, Naruto is going to create a 4th clone that will launch him along with the rasen churiken.

Archangel
Fri, 12-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Next, Naruto is going to create a 4th clone that will launch him along with the rasen churiken.

This made me lol xD

Patriot
Fri, 12-12-2008, 10:21 PM
I was going to say, I have a theory on what his 4th clone would be used for, but then spoilers would take effect...

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Unless it's based off material not shown in the anime yet, I can't see it being considered "spoiler".

lilphatboi88
Sat, 12-13-2008, 02:18 AM
Then he's going to create a new technique that produces mini-narutos, he'll call it kami rasengan.

*gotenks

Kn1ves
Sat, 12-13-2008, 03:22 AM
It's always struck me as odd that the Rasen* supposedly has to be hand delivered and can't be thrown, however once it connects with an enemy it seems to detach from the user and continue doing it's destructive thing as the target is pushed away from the user. Once Naruto hit Kakuzu with Rasenshuriken the doom ball seemed to get stuck to him and he and it both flew a good 100+ feet before the doom ball evolved into giant doom cloud. If the technique can push the target that far before 'activating' I don't see why Naruto shouldn't be able to just throw it at someone and have it hit them and then turn into the doom cloud.

The way I see it, Rasengan is a concentrated ball of energy that's being controlled by the hand, and when released, the spirals that were created expands outward.
That is why opponents usually spin since the energy that was wound up is being released outwardly.

Now if you throw a ball of rasengan like that, it will immediately peter out without much distance and will just be a waste since nothing is containing the energy (hand).

one way to counter this is to either wind it up tighter by using wind element.

The technique is 50% done so it is a possibility

The fact that people fly 100+ feet shows how much energy was stored in the ball to begin with

DB_Hunter
Sat, 12-13-2008, 09:19 AM
I think we need to stop seeing repeats of "this is a new Naruto" lines only to see him going back to being a prat. Let's hope he stays "new" this time.

KrayZ33
Sat, 12-13-2008, 02:04 PM
I'm a bit disappointed about how quickly Kakuzu died... damn nuke techniques. Totally imbalanced. In addition, I wanted to see more techniques from him... in the end they made him look like an ordinary "filler monster"-ninja.

Kakuzu was analyzing so many things at the beginning and never underestimated his opponents.. but in the end, he fell for the most obvious and most stupid thing, but what I hate the most about it is that naruto made a second air-rasengan out of the blue, even though he needs time and concentration to create it... and also you should be able to hear that thing miles away, like chidori.

I expected a nice speech from Kakuzu at the end... Sasori + Hidan (and naturally Zabuza :P) had one too :(. The last words from a villain are always the best (not only in Naruto)

ASSpirine
Sat, 12-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Kakuzu indeed died too easily. I'd also rather had him in his old form. His new look just sucked, he looked more like the Wacky Wavy Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man...

At least Hidan died a cool way, while Kakuzu the better of the two died so lame.

lilphatboi88
Sat, 12-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Hey, Hidan is not dead...

And someone was saying Kakuzu was not dead because of the way his body fell to the earth.

And why, after all the threads and stuff from the rasen shuriken tore his body apart, did he fall down with a normal body with legs and arms intact?

Jessper
Sat, 12-13-2008, 06:33 PM
And why, after all the threads and stuff from the rasen shuriken tore his body apart, did he fall down with a normal body with legs and arms intact?

Because a show that airs early in the morning can only hint at death, not show it outright?

lilphatboi88
Sat, 12-13-2008, 07:26 PM
Oh you mean you can't show a body, severed of its limbs?

ASSpirine
Sat, 12-13-2008, 07:38 PM
The moment they didn't show this (http://img55.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/000101072/16-17.jpg) in the anime you knew it would get censored.

lilphatboi88
Sat, 12-13-2008, 07:59 PM
I don't read the manga, but from what I remember about the anime, didn't it show that scene, except without blood?

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 12-13-2008, 08:07 PM
I thought that they showed blood when Haku was killed.

Good ep all around though, still love the Wind Rasengan sound. Everyone standing around for the blast seemed a little familar...was looking for Goku in the scene actually.

ASSpirine
Sat, 12-13-2008, 08:10 PM
yup
With blood it looks so much better
I think it'll probably the same for te Chidori through Kakuzu

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-13-2008, 08:42 PM
From memory, there was only a trickle of blood coming out of Haku. Like the scene with Kakuzu, they omitted showing Kakashi's hand coming out of someone's chest. It's the first time I've seen how the manga does it, and you can really see, rather than told, that Raikiri is an assassination technique.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 12-13-2008, 11:06 PM
No, there was a shitload of blood in that scene in the anime. Only Kakashi's hand didn't go through Haku and out the back side.

Uberbaka
Sun, 12-14-2008, 11:12 AM
As far as I remember his hand just stopped at haku with the bright flash of lightning on top, no piercing goodness... And then there's a bunch of "little" details like the sound nins arm which got blown off etc.

http://img55.onemanga.com/mangas/00000004/000101462/20.jpg

-edit-

After youtubing hakus death there is quite a lot of blood, but kakashis hand doesn't really enter his body.

KrayZ33
Sun, 12-14-2008, 01:44 PM
I think the way they animated it in the anime was very good... not to gory and actually pretty brutal if you consider at what time this show is aired..

I don't need them to show me limbs getting cut of like in Elfen Lied :/

the "gore" when Haku was killed by Chidori was cool enough... sure thing, I wouldn't mind seing it with a bit less "lightning effects" because they really blurred the picture a bit.

but then on the other hand, it wasn't a problem to see that Kakashi's hand is really IN Haku's body.. especially when he grabbed his hand and Kakashi tried to pull it out of him.

It's the first time I've seen how the manga does it, and you can really see, rather than told, that Raikiri is an assassination technique.

personally I wouldn't call chidori an assassination technique in the first place, even though they said it is one... they say that the victim can't make out where the sound is comming from etc. but for me, an assassination shouldn't make a noise in the first place. especially if you target is someone who is waiting in his room which is heavily guarded.

lilphatboi88
Sun, 12-14-2008, 01:55 PM
man, thinking back to those days....naruto sure was great, especially when I was able to watch like 100 episodes in a row.

Uberbaka
Sun, 12-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Sorry, but that was just Haku holding Kakashi back..

http://naruto-world.com/episode18/naruto18-86.jpg
http://naruto-world.com/episode18/naruto18-87.jpg
http://naruto-world.com/episode18/naruto18-89.jpg

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-14-2008, 07:17 PM
personally I wouldn't call chidori an assassination technique in the first place, even though they said it is one... they say that the victim can't make out where the sound is comming from etc. but for me, an assassination shouldn't make a noise in the first place. especially if you target is someone who is waiting in his room which is heavily guarded.Feel the same way. I always unintentionally laugh when I hear them call it an assassination technique. It's a flare attatched to the sound of a flock of birds. It couldn't be less subtle.

ASSpirine
Sun, 12-14-2008, 07:40 PM
Well, Kakuzu didn't notice Kakashi coming with his chidori. Sound still travels slower than light(ning) :p

Abdula
Sun, 12-14-2008, 09:41 PM
I was just going to make that point. You guys are confusing Sasuke's chidori and Kakashi's raikiri. Kakashi can use his raikiri without making a sound and with his speed and his ability to hide his chakra, he can hit you with it before you even notice him.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-14-2008, 10:31 PM
I guess that must be true.

I just always remember that scene where Sasuke is fighting monster Gaara in the woods and Gaara is looking for him, and Sasuke starts to fire up the Chidori from behind the tree and of course all the noise and lightning coming from behind the tree gets Gaara's attention immediately.

ASSpirine
Mon, 12-15-2008, 02:57 AM
I was just going to make that point. You guys are confusing Sasuke's chidori and Kakashi's raikiri. Kakashi can use his raikiri without making a sound and with his speed and his ability to hide his chakra, he can hit you with it before you even notice him.

Raikiri and chidori are the same right?
Just to be clear...

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-15-2008, 03:45 AM
Raikiri is a variation developed by Kakashi. Differences are stated above. Kakashi's supposed to have cut through lightning with it, whatever meaning that has.

ASSpirine
Mon, 12-15-2008, 05:24 AM
I never knew there was a difference between chidori and raikiri. That there can be a difference between Kakashi's and Sasuke's understandable. Because Kakashi invented the jutsu.

The meaning of Chidori is 1000 birds right?
And Raikiri is lightning edge(sword) or something.

But when Kakuzu was hit, you could clearly hear the chirping sound which created the pseudonym Chidori.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 12-15-2008, 06:01 AM
I only know what http://www.narutobase.net/Naruto-Jutsus/view/Hatake-Kakashi/Raikiri-Lightning-Blade/55.html has to say on the subject.

So its basically just Kakashi's fully "mastered" version of the chidori.

Archangel
Mon, 12-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Then again kakashi never managed to run it through his whole body so i wonder who the "master" of the chidori is now.

KrayZ33
Mon, 12-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Sorry, but that was just Haku holding Kakashi back..

http://naruto-world.com/episode18/naruto18-86.jpg
http://naruto-world.com/episode18/naruto18-87.jpg
http://naruto-world.com/episode18/naruto18-89.jpg

well doesn't really matter... then look at ep 84 when kakashi clearly pulled out his arm out of Kakuzu.

it's fine the way it is. Doesn't "have" to show more, even though it couldn't hurt.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 12-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Then again kakashi never managed to run it through his whole body so i wonder who the "master" of the chidori is now.Except that the Chidori Current just kinda shocks people around the user. He's managed to broaden the scope of the Chidori while drastically weakening its power. I wouldn't really consider that "higher level". I don't even know why its still called a Chidori anything at that point, since aside from being lightning element, it doesn't really share anything in common with the real Chidori.

ASSpirine
Mon, 12-15-2008, 04:13 PM
You guys noticed that during the final attack that Naruto didn't use his Tajuu Kage bunshin? While the same amount of clones appeared as before

Azonalanthious
Mon, 12-15-2008, 06:13 PM
He created 3 clones, then the 'clones' rushed forward as a distraction while the 'real' one had the rasengen - Kakuza ignored the 'clones' (which of course included the real naruto) to focus on the one with the rasengen, then got hit behind by the real naruto and the two clones he ignored.

lilphatboi88
Mon, 12-15-2008, 06:24 PM
No.

And when are we gonna get some Neji action

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-15-2008, 07:13 PM
He created 3 clones, then the 'clones' rushed forward as a distraction while the 'real' one had the rasengen - Kakuza ignored the 'clones' (which of course included the real naruto) to focus on the one with the rasengen, then got hit behind by the real naruto and the two clones he ignored.

No

I'm positive Azonalanthious is correct.

See "Clone Battle"

Archangel
Mon, 12-15-2008, 07:22 PM

I'm more curious as to when are we gonna see team Kiba in action. You think Hinata's huge boobs will get in the way of her oncoming missions? xD

Jessper
Mon, 12-15-2008, 08:20 PM

The point was the name, not the clone making. He didn't use "mass" shadow clones this time and made the same number of clones (three). I noticed and given the discussion about it last week I'm surprised it didn't come up earlier.

lilphatboi88
Mon, 12-15-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm positive Azonalanthious is correct.

See "Clone Battle"

Clone Battle?

Is it coming up, is that a title for an upcoming episode?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-15-2008, 08:41 PM
The point was the name, not the clone making. He didn't use "mass" shadow clones this time and made the same number of clones (three). I noticed and given the discussion about it last week I'm surprised it didn't come up earlier.

Ah, that's what we're fussing about...I've given up on the difference now. They just throw in whatever one's to their liking.

Clone Battle?

Is it coming up, is that a title for an upcoming episode?

Shippuuden: Rescue Gaara Arc -> Team Guy fights Zetsu's Trap Clones. I believe that's all the Neji action we'll be getting for a while, at least until after they feature Team Kurenai.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 12-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Shippuuden desperately needs more Shino.

lilphatboi88
Mon, 12-15-2008, 11:20 PM
True, I'm not a big fan of Hinata though...

She kinda makes me hate Naruto, the one they whine and act all childish.

Kraco
Tue, 12-16-2008, 03:14 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing Team Kurenai. I have nothing against Hinata, and moreover it would be nice to see how Kurenai has got over Asuma's death, or how it has changed her. But then again, if it's a filler like I've understood from some people's words here, then I'm likely to regret my words.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 12-16-2008, 03:18 AM
True, I'm not a big fan of Hinata though...

She kinda makes me hate Naruto, the one they whine and act all childish.I can tolerate about 10 times more Hinata than I can Sakura.

lilphatboi88
Tue, 12-16-2008, 03:57 AM
I can tolerate about 10 times more Hinata than I can Sakura.

That's because we've seen Sakura ten times more than Hinata

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-16-2008, 04:10 AM
But then again, if it's a filler like I've understood from some people's words here, then I'm likely to regret my words.

Can someone confirm this? The next arc (in the manga) should feature Team Kurenai, but the mission in the preview is filler (before the real stuff begins)

lilphatboi88
Tue, 12-16-2008, 04:12 AM
What?!?!??! Someone told me we would not be seeing fillers for a long time....

ASSpirine
Tue, 12-16-2008, 04:31 AM
That someone, is that a user on this forum?
I doubt that someone has connections to the anime production :p

I really hope they don't show fillers, we're still miles away from the manga.
And yeah, let's see some Shino action. I thought he was one of the 2(3?) that got promoted to jounin. Too bad akamaru got so big.

Tyreal
Tue, 12-16-2008, 05:49 AM
Can someone confirm this? The next arc (in the manga) should feature Team Kurenai, but the mission in the preview is filler (before the real stuff begins)

I hope I don't get reported for this or anything. But the next arc (judging from that preview a few weeks ago) looks to be what I would consider semi-filler. I think it's going to go more in-depth than the manga on something the manga just mentioned and showed a few pages of. It's possible that that was done intentionally in the manga to create a half decent filler arc. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself. I don't want to say any more than that in case I give something away.

lilphatboi88
Tue, 12-16-2008, 06:13 AM
That someone, is that a user on this forum?
I doubt that someone has connections to the anime production :p

I really hope they don't show fillers, we're still miles away from the manga.
And yeah, let's see some Shino action. I thought he was one of the 2(3?) that got promoted to jounin. Too bad akamaru got so big.

Yes it is someone in this forum. I think it could quite possibly be you. That person said that we're like 100 episodes behind the manga, so no filler for a while.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-16-2008, 06:34 AM
I hope I don't get reported for this or anything. But the next arc (judging from that preview a few weeks ago) looks to be what I would consider semi-filler. I think it's going to go more in-depth than the manga on something the manga just mentioned and showed a few pages of. It's possible that that was done intentionally in the manga to create a half decent filler arc. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself. I don't want to say any more than that in case I give something away.

Like the Sora arc?

Kraco
Tue, 12-16-2008, 06:38 AM

That doesn't sound so bad. Even if the Naruto filler script writers are absolutely abominable at coming up with their own plots, they might be good enough to use an original snippet to create something larger.

Yes it is someone in this forum. I think it could quite possibly be you. That person said that we're like 100 episodes behind the manga, so no filler for a while.

It's a delicate situation: Fillers surely don't promote the series or increase the audience but on the other hand approaching the source limit should be the worst nightmare for the studio. In that sense it would be wise for them to have short fillers, or preferably semi-fillers, here and there rather than quickly burn through all the manga story and then be left licking their fingers.

KrayZ33
Tue, 12-16-2008, 09:17 AM
It's a delicate situation: Fillers surely don't promote the series or increase the audience but on the other hand approaching the source limit should be the worst nightmare for the studio. In that sense it would be wise for them to have short fillers, or preferably semi-fillers, here and there rather than quickly burn through all the manga story and then be left licking their fingers.

why should that be the worst nightmare for the studio? they could just release naruto in seasons (with a few month / years pause between them) :/

like the other 90% who are doing anime adaptions.

if they did that in the first place, naruto would have been so much better :(
but that's wishfull thinking right here.

Abdula
Tue, 12-16-2008, 10:54 AM
I guess you don't realize that they've been doing that since Shippuuden began. What do you think the clone fights were or that ridiculous scene where Kabuto attempted to fight Yamato, Naruto and Sakura by himself. That was so unlike Kabuto, I still don't get what was with the giant wasps. Its usually easy to tell when you're watching filler material, like when they showed us all those ninjas searching randomly for Akatsuki. When the studio decides to do something original, the outcome is seldom good.

lilphatboi88
Tue, 12-16-2008, 12:14 PM
why should that be the worst nightmare for the studio? they could just release naruto in seasons (with a few month / years pause between them) :/

like the other 90% who are doing anime adaptions.

if they did that in the first place, naruto would have been so much better :(
but that's wishfull thinking right here.

I agree. Seasons would be best. I wouldn't to watch fillers anymore, but the uncertainty of when they will end or whether I am missing anything bugs me a lot.If they held a break, I could just forget and look forward, instead, I am confused and frustrated.

Kraco
Tue, 12-16-2008, 12:21 PM
I guess you don't realize that they've been doing that since Shippuuden began. What do you think the clone fights were or that ridiculous scene where Kabuto attempted to fight Yamato, Naruto and Sakura by himself. That was so unlike Kabuto, I still don't get what was with the giant wasps. Its usually easy to tell when you're watching filler material, like when they showed us all those ninjas searching randomly for Akatsuki. When the studio decides to do something original, the outcome is seldom good.

Umm... Yeah. That's why I wrote what I did. It's not like I thought I invented that idea...

DarthEnderX
Tue, 12-16-2008, 02:52 PM
See, I liked the Sora arc right up until we found out what Sora's deal was(pseudo-kyuubi wtf?).

I originally thought he was a jincuuriki and the anime was making an arc out of one of the jinchuuriki that the manga skipped over(Akatsuki has alot of bijuu that they never bothered to show them capturing).

It's like if they'd taken the 2-tails, and instead of just showing those brief scenes, made an entire arc with that character beforehand.

Anyway, so...we're having a filler Kurenai arc right before a manga Kuranai arc? Hmm, that's the same thing they just did with Asuma, and look how that turned out for him. :p
I agree. Seasons would be best. I wouldn't to watch fillers anymore, but the uncertainty of when they will end or whether I am missing anything bugs me a lot.If they held a break, I could just forget and look forward, instead, I am confused and frustrated.See, for me the ideal situation would be if, say, Naruto and Bleach shared a timeslot, and alternated weeks. You got a Naruto one week, and a Bleach the next week. Then you'd never have to watch another filler and both shows would still air all year round. Plus, they'd get twice as much time to work on each episode. That's gonna translate into better quality.

Azonalanthious
Tue, 12-16-2008, 03:56 PM
See, for me the ideal situation would be if, say, Naruto and Bleach shared a timeslot, and alternated weeks. You got a Naruto one week, and a Bleach the next week. Then you'd never have to watch another filler and both shows would still air all year round. Plus, they'd get twice as much time to work on each episode. That's gonna translate into better quality.

I imagine it all boils down to the all mighty dollar (or yen or euro, etc). To the best of my understanding, ad sales during a show's time slot generate a large portion of the income for the show, and new episodes attract more viewers (and so more valuable ad slots) then reruns. So a new episode every week is the most valuable from the production company's stand point - alternating with bleach (which I agree, would be nice to see) or going to seasons would cut into their overall profit, so they turn out fillers instead. As long as their viewship doesn't drop to much from poor fillers, they're gonna come out ahead, so I imagine we'll keep getting the filler treatment for some time to come... :rolleyes:

And honestly... I have to say I haven't really minded the fillers all that much. I won't go so far as to say that I liked most of them, but I didn't actually dislike most of them either - most filler episodes were kinda "eh, watch and move on" for me - nothing to get excited about one way or another.

ASSpirine
Tue, 12-16-2008, 04:49 PM
There is a difference in Naruto fillers and Naruto Shippuuden fillers ;)
The filler with Sora was quite OK
The others just sucked

Archangel
Tue, 12-16-2008, 07:08 PM
And honestly... I have to say I haven't really minded the fillers all that much. I won't go so far as to say that I liked most of them, but I didn't actually dislike most of them either - most filler episodes were kinda "eh, watch and move on" for me - nothing to get excited about one way or another.

.... were you into naruto when the filler hell first began?

Assertn
Tue, 12-16-2008, 09:49 PM

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/304/03/
lol?

Abdula
Wed, 12-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Whats funny?
He knows better than to try and fight them by himself so he immediately releases Sai.

He doesn't throw the shitload of Kunai, land right next to Sai, then instead of releasing him gives some long ass speech, only to get attacked by Naruto which he of course avoids, then gets attacked by a bunch of Naruto's clones which he of course defeats then gets attacked by Yamato but avoids that attack toowhile carrying Sai, only to then be attacked by Sakura which he also avoids while carrying Sai. Only to then be attacked by giant hornets which he initially runs from then he suddenly remembers he is a ninja and proceeds to use his chakra blades to expertly dispose of the hornets which takes him a full twenty seconds but Yamato, Naruto and Sakura do not attack him during that time because they are all standing motionless. Then he thinks to himself that perhaps fighting three on one will be disadvantageous, and being attacked by hornets is a sure sign that luck is on their side. Then he suddenly remembers Sai who he was carrying the entire time.

Wordy explanation was necessary:rolleyes: but for you visual types

Manga (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/304/03/), read to page 7
Anime (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Aja6-U-vE#t=3m30s)

Azonalanthious
Wed, 12-17-2008, 01:24 AM
.... were you into naruto when the filler hell first began?

Oh, aye. I started watching just before the Chunin exam. Though... thinking back on it, part of it may have been my downloading habits - I was stuck on a dial-up connection at the time, so I would generally wait for 10 episodes to come out, then download them all on a friend's computer and burn 'em to a CD. They may well have bugged me more if I was watching them one episode at a time..

DarthEnderX
Wed, 12-17-2008, 09:30 AM
He Rasenganed the fucking noodles!!

KrayZ33
Wed, 12-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Fillers like that were at least funny....

I loved the "curry of life arc" or whatever it's called, even though all you guys hate it ^^
The scene with Neji regaining consciousness slowly and losing it again with a loud "uuugh" when that guy made him eat the curry again to "heal" him was just to good.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 12-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Yeah, that was funny, but it's like a 3 second joke in a 5-6 episode filler arc.

Although, Curry of Life arc was probably my second least hated of the filler arcs right after the County of Greenery arc.

ASSpirine
Wed, 12-17-2008, 03:48 PM
I was planning to watch the fillers one dat, I have them all downloaded. But after what I've heared, it's not supposed to be good. I can only thank Aone they were so slow to sub the fillers :p

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-18-2008, 07:22 AM
[Nipponsei] NARUTO Shippuuden OP04 Single - CLOSER [Inoue Joe].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20NARUTO%20Shippuuden%20OP04%20Sin gle%20-%20CLOSER%20%5BInoue%20Joe%5D.zip.torrent)

One of the better Naruto Openings. Full song release.

lilphatboi88
Thu, 12-18-2008, 01:11 PM
I hope it's not a virus. I recently had a nasty encounter with the win32.netsky.q worm/virus from either downloading this song or Reservoir dogs.

Thanks Bill, for a while now, all I've had was the minute-something song. Now I have the full version :)

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-18-2008, 06:47 PM
lol, no, it's not a virus. Have I ever done that to you ;)

Anyway, listening to Gravity and the other tracks on the torrent, this guy's got the best English I've heard from any Japanese.