PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 380

Marik
Sun, 12-07-2008, 02:29 PM
[VS] One Piece 380 (704x400).mp4 (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=17196)

Kraco
Sun, 12-07-2008, 04:05 PM
A lot better than the previous ep. Still full history but the next ep should again began to move the story forward. Not much to say about this but I'm somewhat glad the demise of the crew was so... simple and low-level. They weren't the most powerful fighters, after all, and having them fight some badass would have been kind of silly.

33 million, eh? Not bad for a skeleton.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 12-07-2008, 10:50 PM
It's entirely possible that the Captain was a badass. Since he got taken out by a disease its impossible to judge.

Assertn
Mon, 12-08-2008, 12:18 AM
The final song of the Rumba pirates...nice little conclusion to the flashbacks.
Being alone on a ship for 50 years seems pretty depressing, but its hard to feel too sad about a bunch of no-name pirates. It would be interesting if there is ever a follow-up on what became of Yorki.

Raven
Tue, 12-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Very sentimental, it's nice to have a couple of episodes like this every so often. It's necessary when there's a new crew member in any case.
Looking forward to the next arc though - any word on whether or not it'll be filler? I'd imagine so, seeing the anime's pretty close to the manga as far as I know.

burnout
Tue, 12-09-2008, 10:16 AM
well tht ws a nice ep.
now we know what happend so it seems brook will join the crew :) but in some way i wish he wont coz i think he's just lame.

only thing he can do good is play music (luffy wanted that anyway) :mad:

maybe he'll suprice us later in the show. :D

DarthEnderX
Wed, 12-10-2008, 01:20 PM
I guess that also explains the plothole of Crokus telling Luffy that Laboon's crew fled the grand line. He must have been referring to Yorki, since the captain, and the ship, went into the calm belt, while the rest continued on and got slaughtered.

But yeah, that part where they're singing the song, dying one by one...awesome.

Assertn
Wed, 12-10-2008, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't call it a plothole.

The last Crocus ever heard of the Rumba pirates was when they left the cape. He was just assuming they fled the grand line because he never heard from them for 50 years and a lot of pirates did that.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 12-10-2008, 07:47 PM
But yeah, that part where they're singing the song, dying one by one...awesome.

Yeah, that scene was extremely well done. Oda is really good at making you feel for even insignificant characters.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 12-12-2008, 08:41 AM
How dare you call fat goatee violinist a minor character!
I wouldn't call it a plothole.

The last Crocus ever heard of the Rumba pirates was when they left the cape. He was just assuming they fled the grand line because he never heard from them for 50 years and a lot of pirates did that.But why would he assume that they'd fled rather than simply died?

When Zoro said they were probably dead, Crocus went out of his way to correct him and say they'd fled the grand line. Why would he do that unless he'd heard that they had?