PDA

View Full Version : Toshiba A300-1M1

Archangel
Sat, 12-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Just bought it, but for some reason i can't get it to find the wireless network at my house.

I've checked and the wi-fi board seems to be on, it even worked on campus but for some reason it stoped working in my house. It doesn't seem to find any wireless networks, and that's weird because my home pc finds like 4 or 5 each time.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-06-2008, 08:36 PM
From here, all I can suggest is to check if you accidentally disabled the wireless function on the Toshiba. This is one of those bitch scenarios where not being on site makes it hell to solve.

If your home PC can find 5 networks, it means they've all got SSID broadcast ON, unless they're all yours. That really pinpoints the problem to your laptop.

Archangel
Sat, 12-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Nop i've checked and both the physical button on the front of the laptop and the function in the pc are on, that's why this problem has me dumbfounded

I tried restarting, turning the function on and off and it just doesn't work, and the dam thing is only 1 week old :(

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Have you tried connecting to some random wireless network that is neither your home, nor your campus's? You'll have to troubleshoot, trying different combinations to figure out whether it's just your laptop (by testing out someone's laptop at your place), your wireless network (by testing your laptop at a friend's place) or whether both conditions have to be met.

If it's the laptop, ringing the dealer may be an option, but some of those "techs" really are dumb. Is there another GWooter with any experience? I've never had such a problem before.

One thing to clear up though, Archie. You used the laptop on campus A-okay. You brought it home, and there's no wireless network to be found. Have you taken it back to school/uni/college to see if it works again?

Shadow Skill
Sun, 12-07-2008, 12:15 AM
Same problem happened with mine here. What I did was (We have a Wireless tower/dish in the area), What I did was opened "Command prompt, ipconfig/release" and it then rebooted. I could have ipconfig/renew, it I guess. I rebooted so the wireless feature would drop the IP addy it had previously stored and boot with a new one.

That scenario worked for me. One other think you can try is, go in to the internet properties for our wireless link on the laptop and disable it, then enable it.

Don't know what else to trouble shoot with. Unless you've already done these, then ignore me. :/

Archangel
Mon, 12-29-2008, 08:59 PM
The problem s fixed btw, thank you Bill and Shadow