PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 379

Marik
Sun, 11-30-2008, 01:55 PM
[VS] One Piece 379 - Eng Sub (704x400).mp4 (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=16928) - NyaaTorrents (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=41656)

Kraco
Sun, 11-30-2008, 04:32 PM
A rather uninteresting episode. The only detail I actually paid attention to was the fact Brook's former crew seemed to have been excessively weak. Even the captain had his hands full defending against some normal pirate grunts. No wonder they we all killed. Actually it's a small miracle they made it that far.

Assertn
Sun, 11-30-2008, 05:57 PM
link doesn't work :/

Marik
Sun, 11-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Fixed. They switched to anirena.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-30-2008, 06:55 PM
So I guess that crack on his skull has been there for forever. I kinda expected to see how he got it. But he's already got it at the beginning of the flashback.

Assertn
Sun, 11-30-2008, 07:34 PM
yeah...not the most exciting ep...but there should only be one more of flashbacks coming up.

Raven
Mon, 12-01-2008, 04:37 AM
I thought it was kind of sad when they were leaving him behind. Apart from that, not a lot else to say. His crew just seems so... generic.

Assertn
Mon, 12-01-2008, 11:16 AM
I thought it was kind of sad when they were leaving him behind. Apart from that, not a lot else to say. His crew just seems so... generic.
Yeah...but the same could be said about Shanks crew and Whitebeard's crew too...

Tyreal
Mon, 12-01-2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah...but the same could be said about Shanks crew and Whitebeard's crew too...

I got the impression that each of the more powerful crews (eg. Shanks, Whitebead etc.) had more than one ship working for them. I also got the impression that their "main" crew was something similar to Luffy's, in that they had a small number of people (5-8) that could be considered as high up in the chain of command and the rest of their crew is mostly Pirate apprentice types or grunts/cannon fodder. So while it is true that a large portion of their crew is generic there is more developed people (eg. Ussops father Yassop on Shanks crew) who aren't simply generic grunts. Another example I just thought of is Moria's crew, there were a few people on his crew who could be considered his "main" crew (Tiger Guy - I forgot his name, Persona, Doctor Hogback etc) and the rest of his crew was mostly generic zombies.

Assertn
Mon, 12-01-2008, 12:34 PM
I got the impression that each of the more powerful crews (eg. Shanks, Whitebead etc.) had more than one ship working for them. I also got the impression that their "main" crew was something similar to Luffy's, in that they had a small number of people (5-8) that could be considered as high up in the chain of command and the rest of their crew is mostly Pirate apprentice types or grunts/cannon fodder. So while it is true that a large portion of their crew is generic there is more developed people (eg. Ussops father Yassop on Shanks crew) who aren't simply generic grunts. Another example I just thought of is Moria's crew, there were a few people on his crew who could be considered his "main" crew (Tiger Guy - I forgot his name, Persona, Doctor Hogback etc) and the rest of his crew was mostly generic zombies.
Maybe...but even the crew members that are meant to stand out seem generic.
The fat guy with the gun, the samurai guy, Yassop...even that Rockstar guy that had a declared bounty and was sent alone to deliver the message to Whitebeard.

Kraco
Mon, 12-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Have we even seen yet any indication of how tough Shank's crew is? I don't think we have seen any of their battles, have we? We only know Hawk-Eyes likes to hang out with them so they can't be losers (unless he only visits them for free booze).

Assertn
Mon, 12-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Shanks and Mihawk have a bit of a friendly rivalry....it sounds like they used to fight and end in a draw on multiple occasions.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 12-01-2008, 02:07 PM
I don't think Shanks has multiple ships. I mean, yeah, he's got a large crew, but that's normal for everyone but the Strawhats. Most pirates don't go around 10-manning their ship. Alot of them have hundreds of crewmen on a single ship.

Uzumaki
Mon, 12-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Quite enjoyed the episode, was cool to see another crew go up the mountain and into the grand line again.

I'm hoping something epic is around the corner, I'd love it if all the good pirate crews Shanks', Whitebeard's and the Straw Hats teamed up to break Ace out from Impel Down. Crocodile and OW! Mr 2 Bonclay are in there too, and I think it's about time there are some returning characters on One Piece.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 12-02-2008, 01:10 PM
I assume you mean returning villains? Cause character return all the time.

Although its been ages since we've seen Buggy...

burnout
Wed, 12-03-2008, 12:13 PM
I assume you mean returning villains? Cause character return all the time.

Although its been ages since we've seen Buggy...

i think he got cought on that eiland by smoker?

freda and buggy were there together and were zapped by dragon if i'm correct:o

Assertn
Wed, 12-03-2008, 01:39 PM
The storm allowed them to escape though. Buggy was later seen sailing around and Ace randomly shows up on his ship and takes a nap.

burnout
Wed, 12-03-2008, 02:22 PM
The storm allowed them to escape though. Buggy was later seen sailing around and Ace randomly shows up on his ship and takes a nap.

:confused: hmm i'll need to see those eps again ROFL :D

thnx for that info Assertn