PDA

View Full Version : DBZ: Goku & Friends Return!

Idealistic
Mon, 11-24-2008, 02:52 AM
So I don't know if you guys have heard about a new OVA of DBZ being released, but it's out now. Only 30 minutes, though I believe it was made for nostalgia purposes. Pretty funny and entertaining imo. Very nostalgic indeed.

Basic summary, Vegeta's long lost brother Tarble comes to Earth asking for his help to defeat two enemies named Abo and Cado.

Link here, you'll have to install the browser to watch:
http://www.jumpland.com/animetour/db/index_en.html

OR, watch it on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/KitaneeHanabi

Lucifus
Mon, 11-24-2008, 05:00 AM
Hahaha, man, that was hilarious through and through. Wish there was more.

Loved Master Roshis Radish. I miss this show.

And thus ends the tale of a sad villians evil reign simply because he appeared too late in the time line. xD

Death BOO Z
Mon, 11-24-2008, 05:33 AM
I think this movie had the best plot of the entire franchise (edit: Actually, after careful thinking, it fits perfectly with the cannon!)
also, both Yamacha and Krillin got to do something other than shout, which is nice (I think this was yamacha's best fight since the sayian's arc), a lot of cameos (Kai, supreme kai, elder Kai, the ape from heaven) and everybody acting as they should be.

Goku and Vegita were amazing in this one, and the revelation about the robot thing took me by complete surprise.

And thus ends the tale of a sad villains evil reign simply because he appeared too late in the time line

animus
Mon, 11-24-2008, 08:07 AM
First time watching the Japanese dub, but man Goku and Gohan's voice really annoy me. Did they honestly think a muscular dude like Goku should sound like that when they first casted this particular female VA? Much prefer all the grunting of the english dub, which is quite rare.

Harima Kenji
Mon, 11-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Besides the fact that Trunks and Goten should be able to 1 shot those 2 without even needing to break a sweat (fanservice ftw), it was a funny ova :)

It was nice to see them again acting like they used to.

Shadow Skill
Mon, 11-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Hilarious OAV! :)

Wish they'd make at least 2 a year like this. :)

darkshadow
Mon, 11-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Lol this was pretty great, really funny too.

RyougaZell
Tue, 11-25-2008, 01:20 AM
Hahaha... it was outstanding.

Where the hell was Tenshinhan and Chaozu? Didn't see em.

Wow at Vegeta greeting his 'sister-in-law'...

Alhuin
Tue, 11-25-2008, 03:45 AM
Watching this made me recall so many years ago when I used to watch the series. Of course, I only ever saw the series in English as well (save a few episodes towards the end of the series, when I got my hands on a bootleg sub), so it was weird to hear Goku's (and others) voice so high-pitched. But it was very enjoyable, even if rather stupid... haha...

Psyke
Tue, 11-25-2008, 11:07 AM
The VA for Goku has a voice which was perfect for young Goku, right at the very beginning of the series. People grew familiar with her voice, and so she continued with the role, even for Gohan and Goten, all the way until the end of GT. For me, I love it. It's almost signature now. I haven't really heard the american voices before so perhaps that's the reason.

I thought the special was too short, and that some how Vegeta acted out of character. It was nice seeing Yamcha and Krilin in action, although I'm surprised they still wear their gi wherever they go. :p

rockmanj
Tue, 11-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Wow, Chichi did grow a little~