PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 523

Assertn
Wed, 11-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Franky House (http://franky-house.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7543)

Ahaha....what a hilarious chapter. Still don't know where Chopper, Brooke, Robin, or Zoro are, though.
Who's Roswaldo-sei?....sounds familiar...

RyougaZell
Wed, 11-19-2008, 12:15 PM
I definitely hate websense... I can't access Franky House's forum...

If anyone finds a direct link or online read please let me know.

I found this links... which I CAN'T use either...

SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/dc0fby)
Megaupload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8SZUNRHD)

animus
Wed, 11-19-2008, 12:20 PM
Lol @ baby seal and puppy punting.

I wonder if Fleet Admiral Sengoku is strong? He seems to get worried easily, and strong people never get worried like that.

Poor Sanji.

Assertn
Wed, 11-19-2008, 12:26 PM
The neat thing about this is I see potential for all the other crew members to gain some strength. Franky can get some cybernetic upgrades, Nami can get some wind-control abilities, and Sanji can improve his cardio :p

Edit: Found out who Roswald-sei is. He was the older tenryuubito guy.

RyougaZell
Wed, 11-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Found the chapter at onemanga...

OMG... freaking cool chapter.

LOL at how Luffy hid behind Hancock... why isn't she fainting? lol...

Nami looked specially cute there... looking forward to see more of her island.

Franky on Future Island? I LOLed... specially when he made those people do his SUPA-dance

Sanji got totally owned...

Jinbei is rebeling? So if Hancock follows... that means 2 Shichibukai will be on the side of the Straw Hats?

I think the fishman that save Hancock and sisters is Jinbei and he changed his name... but anyway... I wonder if Arlong is also at Impel Down...

Oda... you are god...

Death13a
Wed, 11-19-2008, 02:01 PM
:bows down to Oda:

Moby Dick wiped out 23 ships in instant, now next time we hear about White Beard it is going to be starting. And other pirates in New World want a piece of action. WG ends up with 2 Shichibukais rebelling against them, and if Luffy starts to free prisoners, World Government will have it's hands full.

I think WG will fall when Strawhats get to New World.

toonice714
Wed, 11-19-2008, 02:03 PM
wonder if luffy, ace and jinbei will battle garp. That would be one of the coolest battles ever! So six shichibukai have joined the battle against WB. So thats don flamingo, blackbeard, kuma, mihawk, hancock(was she included in the 6?), and moria? It would be cool to see who shows up. arent the only seven shichibukai. Would seem moria has healed up since he took a beating from luffy. If so man that guy heals fast. when luffy got there he was just licking his wounds.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 11-19-2008, 06:03 PM
It's official, Sanji is going to murder Luffy once he find out about the amazons island.

Leave it to Oda to turn not one but two Shichibukai into potential ally. Nami has potential to learn more powerful weather control, Franky could get some state of the art upgrades and Sanji could learn the technique of tapping into his inner rage while defending himself from transvestites.

I'm really curious on where Zoro and Robin landed. Zoro looks like he was still suffering from his injuries during the Kuma battle and Robin might find out more juicy details from those 100 years of missing history.

According to Oda this is only the half way point climax even though it looks like everything is about to go to hell. I can't wait to see what the guy has in store for the finale of the story.

edit: Just a thought, it would be damn cool if Usopp got sent to the island of giants. It would be very Oda like to have Usopp go there, get powered up and possibly get some giants involve in this conflict.

I just realize that the future island was introduced as "birthplace of THE genius" rather than birthplace of geniuses so assuming the translation is correct, there is a good chance that this is Vegapunk home town.

RyougaZell
Wed, 11-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Everyone is being sent to an island they can get new allies or powerups (well... dunno about Sanji though) so I think Kuma may betray the WG on this war as well, along Jinbei and Hancock.

animus
Wed, 11-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Maybe Sanji will become like Bon Clay? Or add some feminine finesse, to his fighting style, lol.

Assertn
Wed, 11-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I always assumed Franky landed on Vegapunk's homeland.

That would be awesome if Usopp landed on Elbaf, though. I hadn't thought of that

Assertn
Wed, 11-19-2008, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I just figured Franky landed on Vegapunk's homeland.

That would be awesome if Usopp landed on Elbaf, though. I hadn't thought of that

UChessmaster
Wed, 11-19-2008, 09:01 PM
I think the fishman that save Hancock and sisters is Jinbei and he changed his name... but anyway... I wonder if Arlong is also at Impel Down...

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/521/15/ Fisher
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/523/11/ Jinbey

I don`t think they`re the same

but anyway... I wonder if Crocodile is also at Impel Down...

Fixed

Assertn
Wed, 11-19-2008, 09:10 PM
lol? Why can't he wonder if Arlong is at impel down? I think its pretty obvious that Crocodile is there...

UChessmaster
Wed, 11-19-2008, 09:35 PM
I meant that i want to see Crocodile...

RyougaZell
Wed, 11-19-2008, 09:45 PM
I think its very likely we will see Crocodile and his men, but likewise... I want to see Arlong

Assertn
Wed, 11-19-2008, 10:19 PM
I think I'd rather see Bon Clay

RyougaZell
Wed, 11-19-2008, 10:39 PM
BTW... why do I get the feeling that Sanji is at Bon Clay's natal island...

6Zabuza9
Thu, 11-20-2008, 01:40 AM
for this war does the shikibuchai not bring thier crew?

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-20-2008, 09:45 AM
for this war does the shikibuchai not bring thier crew?

Shichibukai's are supposed to not have a crew in the first place.

Remember Crocodile said it during Alabastra, that is why he created Baroque Works on the shadows.

Dracule Mihawk and Bartholomew Kuma are always alone.

DoFlamingo left his, remember he punished Bellamy for tainting his old flag.

Moria and Hancock obviously didn't care about rules.

Munsu
Thu, 11-20-2008, 10:03 AM
The Sanji pages were hilarious. But yeah, Kuma is certainly helping Luffy and his crew out... people are conviniently in places where they should power up.

joker-kun
Fri, 11-21-2008, 05:13 AM
BTW... why do I get the feeling that Sanji is at Bon Clay's natal island...

Lol, I was thinking that too. It will be funny if Sanji gets help from the transvestites to go to Impel Down and saves Bon Clay.

Like almost all of you have already said, it seems Kuma sent them all places that will allow them to power up (although i'm not quite sure how Sanji will...). I just wonder how they'll all know to go to Impel Down - my guess would be that Kuma takes Rayleigh there and they all follow is card thinger.

Also I think we can include Kuma on the strawhat's side as well. So Ace has Kuma, Hancock, Rayliegh, possibly Jinbei, (I think Garp will end up helping him), Whitebeard, Shanks, and Luffy coming to help him. Holy shit that guy has some strong friends. I think it's also safe to say Dragon will be making an appearance. 2 emperors, 2 shichibukai, and the most wanted man in the world... would be epic.

RyougaZell
Fri, 11-21-2008, 10:10 AM
If this is the halfway climax as Oda has stated before... the guy is a freaking genius. And he already set up the stage for the New World with the Supernova... so I think we can be sure that the World Goverment is going to fall after this 'war'. Or at least crumble enough to leave the Straw Hats alone.

I hope Smoker and Tashigi appear here as well.

And I really do not know if Garp would really betray the Wolrd Goverment... he didn't when his son Dragon became a rebel... but would he for his grandsons?

Munsu
Fri, 11-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Hasn't Oda been saying "this is the half way climax" since Arabasta? Seems to me that every few chapters there's a reference to Oda's half-way point.

Assertn
Fri, 11-21-2008, 11:03 AM
I doubt we'll see Rayleigh involved in this war. He's a retired pirate...why would he care?
As I was saying in the last thread...I think Ace is going to die, and Luffy is going to retreat.
If it does come down to this, then the arc can be shorter than you'd think...and Luffy could go back to finding his crew afterward.

If whitebeard ambushes Impel Down and rescues Ace before the schichibukai and marines are able to mobilize, then maybe they can save Ace, but I can't see any way that Oda could conceivably eliminate the world government from the series and still maintain content for the second half of the storyline. Keep in mind that some of the world government backstory is deeply rooted into current mysteries as well as some of the individual character development.

Also....a successful Ace rescue kind of...contradicts the whole "Dawn of a new era" foreshadowing that's been looming for the past 3 arcs.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 11-21-2008, 11:33 AM
ace escapes, Luffy battles the WG, but in the meanwhile, blackbeard kills Whitebeard.

RyougaZell
Fri, 11-21-2008, 11:56 AM
I agree
Ace dieing ain't enough to cause the dawn of a new era.
Either the WG falls or WhiteBeard dies.

TwisT
Fri, 11-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Why do some of you think so many will side with Ace? Like Kuma, Rayleigh and Shanks. What makes you think these will join in?

Like Assertn said. Rayleigh is retired.

If i remember it correctly Kuma said himself "We won't meet again" or something along those lines. Whatever he said, too me it indicated that he meant 1 of 3 things.
1, He would never go where Luffy is (not likely but still).
2, He would get killed or captured and imprisoned for what he did.
3, He's a cyborg so maybe Wegapunk can take away his free will or reprogram him, and what he meant was that it would not be him the next time they face off.

And why would Shanks come? Just because he and WB had a talk about Ace and Blackbeard? I don't know. It's plausible but still i would say that he wont show. This is WB's problem and Shanks tried to avert it but WB wouldn't listen. And i don't think Shanks and Ace are friends. Why would they be?

Rayleigh and Kuma feels like they will not be coming to Ace's aid. And Shanks i don't think will come either. If he would come it would be to back up WB to try and not lose the balance to the world government, rather then to save Ace.

kAi
Fri, 11-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Yeah, nice chapter and not to sure on what is going to happen.
I'm thinking if Zoro would go to a place that would power him up or heal from his injuries, or both.

I'm wondering how everything is going to go down, from what I can see, there can't be just a happy ending for the Strawhats and/or Whitebeard.

I would also like to see the convesation between Ace and Garp, and as someone else has mentioned this would be a good place to have Dragon return to the manga.

If this is the half way point then there is going to be more strong pirates out there or all of the current ones won't be in this war.