PDA

View Full Version : Game: Mirror's Edge

Xelbair
Thu, 11-13-2008, 02:37 PM
I just got my copy(ps3 one) today, and i tried this game for 20 minutes(i didn't have more time) and it was awesome.
Gameplay - totally awesome, i always loved prince of Persia and Tomb Rider series for those acrobatics, and now they are in first person! controls are easy to use and not annoying same goes for (lack) of interface.
Graphics - i saw better ones but this style suits this game well
Now the bad part - music, its not that i have anything against game's music but the EA DICE f***d up the job with optical audio output - its unsupported! i hate to play with my TV's speakers(quality is bad) and i prefer my 5.1 PC speakers(i connect ps3 optical output to my PC's optical input) and at night i don't want to wake up anybody so i use headphones but my headphones cable is too short to from tv to my couch. Damn annoying.

darkshadow
Thu, 11-13-2008, 08:01 PM
how is it "suddendly" unsupported? It works fine in the demo.

Sandldan
Thu, 11-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Finished this game yesterday, it's a pretty nice action adventure gives good thrills now and then. But it's still far from what i had hoped it would be. I feel that they totally screwed up on the story, it can get very hard to follow at times since new and old names are thrown around like you should now them. The animated cutscenes did not help either, while they are beautiful they remove some of the great immersion they already had built up. The combat is also not the best aspect, and it should not be. I finished it getting the achievement of not killing anyone with a gun, but it's very annoying when they put you in a room with 10 guys you have to kill in order to progress, and taking out only 2 guys with melee can be tough.

The strongest part of the game is still just the running, the thrill you get from narrowingly escaping 10 pursuers in an elevator or jumping down a roof is the best parts of the game.

Xelbair
Fri, 11-14-2008, 09:43 AM
I fixed problem with sound - game does not support 5.1 settings - i had to tick that one off and it works fine.

darkshadow
Fri, 11-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Sorry but that is bullshit, it's mandatory for every game on the 360 and ps3 to support dolby digital 5.1

Xelbair
Fri, 11-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Not Dolby Digital 5.1 - i use the other setting because my X-Fi doesn't support Dolby Digital(i got no sound when its turned on).

darkshadow
Fri, 11-14-2008, 11:28 AM
x-fi with no DD 5.1? wth dude, do you have an x-fi xtreme audio or something? And what is this "other setting" you speak of?

Ryllharu
Fri, 11-14-2008, 06:58 PM
My copy still has not come in the mail...

(Fucking Gamestop for giving me a line of shit that it didn't come out on Tuesday and was actually released on Wednesday)

Xelbair
Sat, 11-15-2008, 09:13 AM
I've got X-Fi Fatal1ty Champion(this one with front panel).
If i setup Dolby Digital 5.1 on my ps3 i got no sound via optical connection.
The other setting is DTS 5.1 Ch.

Xelbair
Sat, 11-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Mods please delete this post - i double posted by mistake.