PDA

View Full Version : Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 06

Marik
Sun, 11-09-2008, 02:27 PM
[gSS]​_Gundam​_00​_S2​_-​_06​_[44741348].mkv (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BgSS%5D_Gundam_00_S2_-_06_%5B44741348%5D.mkv.torrent) - [gSS]​_Gundam​_00​_S2​_-​_06v2​_Patch.rar (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BgSS%5D_Gundam_00_S2_-_06v2_Patch.rar.torrent)

Kraco
Sun, 11-09-2008, 04:05 PM
The show continues strong - and with bloody big cliffhangers. After six episodes I have got nothing to complain about, which is certainly different compared to the first season, and couldn't make me happier.

When the old geezer said he will go to man the cannon, I thought that would be it for him, and Saji would take his place as a technician, thus actually creating some sort of a role for the fool, but soon enough it was revealed it was just a general move to have Saji there as well, finger on a trigger and the crosshair on Louise's mobile suit. Such an ironic and cruel setting indeed.

Ali is still kept aside for some grand finale, it seems, despite his brief appearance. It makes sense he didn't attack Setsuna and Marina, because attacking that shuttle would hardly have given him any satisfaction, but at least he's now a constant distraction for Setsuna's thoughts and concentration. But nevertheless I wish we would see him fight with that shiny new gundam of his.

Ryllharu
Sun, 11-09-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm not sure what to think of the Andrei/Louise situation. His little love-at-first-sight moment just seemed really awkward and out of place. It got kind of creepy really fast when suddenly he feels the need to protect her on the battlefield. I guess it is due to the proximity to his father and her past that he never gave Soma the same treatment. While it certainly is misplaced, his sense of chivalry is touching...in a way.

At first I was fine with it, it was that whole grand rivalry thing Gundam series always do. But the way Graham is acting really pisses me off this season. It's perfectly understandable and fine in series like G Gundam which is all about one-on-one combat, or Wing or SEED or whatever where they don't really give a shit about tactics. Here, there has been a huge emphasis on tacticians, especially with Kati guessing Sumeragi is their strategist. No sensible commander would ever allow an individual unit to say the kind of shit Graham did this episode.

'Let me take care of [the 00] and do not interfere.' What the hell is that?! Kati should have told him to shut the fuck up and if "Mr. Bushido" is engaging the 00, but if A-LAWS Pilot 1258 has an open shot at the 00's exposed backside, they should be fully authorized and ordered to take the shot.

Screw Graham's whiny little bullshit personal vendeta to satisfy his overwhelmingly large ego.

Kraco
Sun, 11-09-2008, 05:12 PM
That's not Kati's problem, though. The problem lies in the fact the androids rule the military and have created a structure of power where simply belonging to a favored faction gives one the freedom to do whatever happens to please him/her. A-LAWs are that in relation to the regular military and some special individuals are that in relation to the A-LAWs. Such a thing is to be expected from an oligarchy or a dictatorship, which is definitely where the world is heading towards, whether the large audience knows it or not. Even more so when those in power probably don't care at all for individual lives.

Well, on the other hand Kati's team has their hands full even with the rest of the Gundams and the ship, and it's not like she or the other pilots couldn't seize an opportunity at any time, no matter what Graham was promised.

But it's true Graham has been downgraded in this second season.

animus
Sun, 11-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Saji needs to die in a car fire.

This episode was everywhere. Lots of crying too. "I killed these people!", "I am a super soldier!", "OTOME!" "You are of no use to me, Hong Long. No, ONII-SAMA!"

Harima Kenji
Sun, 11-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Graham better snap out if his attitude, it's become annoying. No officer in his right mind would give permission for someone to do whatever he wants.

For some reason, in this ep 00 is way too weak in my opinion. The twin drive should give it an insane powerboost, but he has problems against a single drived suit.
If you look at the insane performance in episode 2, this fight so far is a huge letdown.

The preview also spoils quite a lot.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 11-09-2008, 08:12 PM
It's just that Setsuna is not a very good pilot, he never has been anyway. If the 00 is placed in Graham's hands, I bet the the other gundams would not even stand a chance in one on one combat.

Ryllharu
Sun, 11-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Yes, that's one of the things I have always liked about Gundam 00. The only distinguishing factor for the Meistars, with perhaps the exception of Lockon's (Lyle or Neil) sniper abilities and when Hallejuah was around, were the Gundams themselves. The Meistars are only above-average pilots.

Tieria commented on it in this episode. With the replacements that included Louise, the A-LAWS are a much toughter opponent now than they were earlier, though Louise herself is not that great at this point (perhaps Andrei will train her :p ). Any skilled pilot in a halfway decent machine, and the Meistars can become hard pressed.

Though I definitely agree on the abilities of the 00 this eps. Graham is still an excellent pilot, but there's shouldn't be any reason Setsuna is that underwhelming in the 00. Then again, when it was activated back in episode 2, Setsuna did have the Trans-Am system on, and here he only turned it on at the end of the episode.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 11-09-2008, 11:28 PM
I also noticed that Setsuna is not using the 00 to its full capability. The extra drive should enable him to block beam weapons and also to maneuver in ways a single drive unit cannot accomplish, but he seems to be fighting in his usual straightforward (Exia) manner. He will probably pawn Graham with the trans-am system in the next episode, though.

masamuneehs
Mon, 11-10-2008, 05:18 AM
thought it was a good episode. lots of things going on, even if some are downright silly.

Wang Liu Mei continues to move from the shadows. She's got end-game trouble written all over her. The fact that she's not in bed with the Innovators was a little bit of a surprise for me (and Nena having the link-up with Ribbons and co).

Sumeragi's past came to light in this episode. I was a little bit confused, since Katie Mannequin was an AEU officer, and I thought it was stated a while back that Sumeragi was with the Union (which is how Billy Katagiri knows here), but I think they also once mentioned that some time ago the three former superpowers had a joint operation that didn't quite go the way they planned... I'm guessing it was that one...

I was a little disappointed that we didn't get to see more Ali. At least a minute or so of him torching shit while Marina cries, Setsuna resists the urge to suicide attack, and both of them angsting as they retreat with Ali laughing maniacly in there ears.

Saji kill Louise? Somehow it would be too deliciously cruel. And I think it would really bend Saji's path from what they've been setting him up for... Tieria's smackdown was the dialouge moment of the episode for me. That's the hardass femme I missed...

I actually like super vindictive Graham. There's almost always a pilot totally obsessed with defeating a Gundam, and it's not like he was ever going to respond to orders anyway. The fact that he can occupy CB's best close-quarters mech on his own gives A-LAWs a real nice boost. But, yeah, they should have some kind of orders to assist him if it looks bad...

You guys are complaining about the Gundams being underpowered and getting whooped by a larger, better trained group of pilots? I think it's fucking excellent. It actually adds some tension to the fights and makes you almost forget about all of the CB bishies fabulous plot armor, making it seem like they can actually lose.

Still very unsure why they don't have New Lockon sniping from the Ptolemy. Sending a long-range type out to the front lines, especially when he could help defend the ship, seems like such a poor move...

Andrei <3 Louise. What a bore.

Also, next episode. Christ almighty. I am so sick of Sunrise pulling the "former friends turned enemies getting trapped together on an island / in a cave and work through their differences to renew their love/friendship" stint.

Kraco
Mon, 11-10-2008, 06:37 AM
Also, next episode. Christ almighty. I am so sick of Sunrise pulling the "former friends turned enemies getting trapped together on an island / in a cave and work through their differences to renew their love/friendship" stint.

I'm looking forward to it. They would make such a nice couple. Soma needs some loving too, especially now when she's trying to force herself to forget about seeking happiness and become a killing machine.

fireheart
Mon, 11-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Am I the only one that thinks Andrei fell for Louise just so he could get his ass killed? Or maybe save her and not die but think more likely to have him die with his one sided love.

Well no real complains if you ask me, Graham already had permission to do as he wished from the higher ups and Kati already argued about it once, no real point in keep arguing since nothings gonna change. The complaint would be that they made it seem like no one gave a shit about what happened between those two which means if Graham lost they wouldn't have a back up plan when 00 suddenly joins in. Pretty bad for them

Ryllharu
Mon, 11-10-2008, 06:01 PM
You guys are complaining about the Gundams being underpowered and getting whooped by a larger, better trained group of pilots? I think it's fucking excellent. It actually adds some tension to the fights and makes you almost forget about all of the CB bishies fabulous plot armor, making it seem like they can actually lose.

Still very unsure why they don't have New Lockon sniping from the Ptolemy. Sending a long-range type out to the front lines, especially when he could help defend the ship, seems like such a poor move...

I definitely have found the realism angle (that after the copy-GN drives are reverse engineered, CB only barely has a technological advantage) one of the best parts of this series. Overpowered mecha series have their place (Gurren Lagaan) but when it is global warfare, an even matchup makes for a better series.

I find it a little hard to believe that just because Sumeragi was unconscious and not giving the orders, that they wouldn't think of keeping Lockon where he can do the most damage...but that's the best excuse I can think of. Either way, he was shooting from the far edges of the battlefield, almost touching the ocean. There was also the possibility that he could dip under the waves as Setsuna has done frequently and pop up somewhere else to start sniping anew. I think it wasn't nearly as bad as it looked, though he could have afforded to be further out.

Then again, I'm a little surprised we haven't seen Lockon (either of them) use the Exospheric Bombarment version of the Gundam's sniper rifle since that one time last season when they saved Saji and Louise's collective asses on the orbital station. If they had popped Lockon on top of the Ptolomy here, Celestial Being might have been able to take out Kati's warship.

I'm going to go with Kraco on the Soma/Marie/Al/Hal situation coming up. When they were younger it gave off the impression that the two of them, sharing thoughts, may have been more than just simple friends. Al/Hal really didn't give a shit about any of the other Super Soldiers, he even killed a few as a kid before he joined CB, but Marie was different.

Now, Soma really seems to want to reach for her own happiness, there was quite a long scene about it this episode, but she keeps trying to make herself as much of a killer as possible. Like she doesn't really deserve it. It is very similar (intentionally so I'm sure) of the same things that Al/Hal went through in the latter half of last season.

Maybe it is a little overdone, but I'll forgive it because I'm a fan of Soma. The more screentime she gets the better.

Kraco
Tue, 11-11-2008, 03:14 AM
I find it a little hard to believe that just because Sumeragi was unconscious and not giving the orders, that they wouldn't think of keeping Lockon where he can do the most damage...but that's the best excuse I can think of.

While keeping him near the ship would have helped in the defense of the ship, it would have also meant drawing more fire and attention to the ship, in general terms and specifically. While the ship now got attacked anyway, it wasn't an altogether poor plan, because it might have worked, but apparently they couldn't take care of the enemy soon and efficiently enough to prevent that from happening. That is, the enemy had units to spare to throw against Ptolemy. Naturally this is also a gamble on A-LAWs part as this means two units less fighting the Gundams.

kenren
Wed, 11-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Colonel Smirnov trying to adopt Marie was suppose to make her feel more.. "human" right? Could it be that she thinks she doesn't deserve to be treated well? I don't get this part.

I sort of lol-ed at the "You have control , I have control" part.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Colonel Smirnov trying to adopt Marie was suppose to make her feel more.. "human" right? Could it be that she thinks she doesn't deserve to be treated well? I don't get this part.

Well, yeah. She's torn between her identities as someone's daughter (a person with emotions), and an obedient supersoldier (cold-hearted killer). When she tried to have both, it breaks her emotionally to carry out her tasks as a soldier, or rather, A-LAWS. She finds this internal conflict unbearable, and believes it means she'll have to choose a side. She's also feeling guilty that a killer like her doesn't deserve the warmth and comfort humans so desire. Unable to wipe away those feelings, she turns down Sergei.

Interesting thing about Soma's brain waves is that she hinted she ca read, or feel other people's minds, or just simply get a vague idea of their thoughts. With that, I don't think it's impossible to have Al/Hal X Soma/Marie doing some brainwave-synced, ultra-reflex tandem dogfighting. I sure hope that happens.

Ryllharu
Wed, 11-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Interesting thing about Soma's brain waves is that she hinted she ca read, or feel other people's minds, or just simply get a vague idea of their thoughts. With that, I don't think it's impossible to have Al/Hal X Soma/Marie doing some brainwave-synced, ultra-reflex tandem dogfighting. I sure hope that happens.
Of course, something like that will only happen if they able to remove the dissonance between their brainwaves that usually gives them migraines so bad they end up catatonic.
That will only happen if they fall in ~looooooooooove~ and achieve perfect harmony. Wait...this isn't Macross 7.
----------------------------------------------------------------
All kidding aside, we do know from flashbacks that Marie and Al used to communicate fully telepathically using the quantum brainwaves, and everything was peachy between the two.

Since they both developed alternate personalities, Allelujah would get the migraines from Soma and Soma would get them from Allelujah, but worse from Hallelujah. It doesn't seem like she uses the shielding anymore, and now that Allelujah has lost the quantum brainwaves, he doesn't have the problems either, though Soma can still sense that it is him. Something changed in her head when Marie became Soma.

digitalrurouni
Thu, 11-13-2008, 03:09 PM
I agree with the poster who said Graham would own Setsuna given the same mecha. I however think the most interesting fight would be Graham vs Hallelujah when he's in super soldier mode :)

Naruto_RNG
Thu, 11-13-2008, 10:52 PM
I just watched all 6 eps. For some reason I still want the gundam side to lose. It feels like seed destiny all over again. I hope Saji leaves the gundam side. I know a lot of people were pissed with Saji so far, but for some reason he wasn't that annoying as he was in the 6th eps. If you think about it in some messed up way saji was right, fighting will only bring more wars and hatred. No matter how good your intent is u're still a killer. I find it very ammusing that the gundam pilots all have this messed up reasoning that they will pay for their crimes once they finish wut they are starting again.

What happened to Ali and set./marina encounter? Ali just let them leave. That is very anti-climatic.

PS wonder wut exia is going to be like at the end of this season, will strike freedom have a chance against it? ^_^

shinta|hikari
Fri, 11-14-2008, 12:57 AM
Fighting has also brought peace in many cases. Violence has also paved the way for civilizations to thrive. The problem with the reasoning of both sides is simply the fact that they refuse to recognize each other without even considering their respective perspectives. Only an ideal-blinded pacifist would say that fighting will only bring more wars and hatred, especially considering the peace that they so respect is usually born from fighting, and their heroes murderers for the sake of their goals.

Kraco
Fri, 11-14-2008, 03:09 AM
I hope Saji leaves the gundam side. I know a lot of people were pissed with Saji so far, but for some reason he wasn't that annoying as he was in the 6th eps. If you think about it in some messed up way saji was right, fighting will only bring more wars and hatred.

Until now Saji lived in a denial of reality. Like it has been said: "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing". Fighting doesn't make the CB members good, their reason for fighting might.

No matter how good your intent is u're still a killer. I find it very ammusing that the gundam pilots all have this messed up reasoning that they will pay for their crimes once they finish wut they are starting again.

Yes, a war tends to make lots of killers. I also don't know what's particularly messed up about that reasoning (that I don't remember, though). It could be naive, but on the other hand many of them lost their families before joining the CB, which might give the basis for it.

During the first season I was hoping for the CB to lose, because they were nothing but terrorists, and the world seemed more or less normal. Now I'm rooting for the CB, because the world is lead by Ribbons from the shadows and it will only get worse unless he's stopped.

Ryllharu
Fri, 11-14-2008, 05:17 AM
I just watched all 6 eps. For some reason I still want the gundam side to lose. It feels like seed destiny all over again. I hope Saji leaves the gundam side. I know a lot of people were pissed with Saji so far, but for some reason he wasn't that annoying as he was in the 6th eps. If you think about it in some messed up way saji was right, fighting will only bring more wars and hatred. No matter how good your intent is u're still a killer. I find it very ammusing that the gundam pilots all have this messed up reasoning that they will pay for their crimes once they finish wut they are starting again.
I think Setsuna said it best to Saji, (paraphrasing) Just because life is peaceful somewhere, does that mean that only you get to experience peace and tranquility?

Someplace, somewhere, someone is suffering because there isn't any fighting going on. They simply don't have the power to resist. This is what is becoming more and more apparent in the world of 00 as the A-LAWs use their force to assault not those who oppose the Federation, but those who simply disagree or want to be left alone. The Middle East, Azadistan specifically, has been repeatedly abused by them. Marina was captured on fabricated grounds she was allied with Kataron because she refused to join the Federation.

Without conflict, those already in power will only take more of it. Wars may breed hatred, but the alternative is just as bad.

All of the Meistars know that they will never be forgiven for what they are doing.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 11-14-2008, 07:01 AM
Still, simply trying to obtain their goals while accepting the guilt that comes with it (which is far better than blindly believing yourself to be innocent and justified) is worthless without results. Until the CB actually does change the world for the better (meaning worth more than the cost of their sacrifice, opportunity cost included), I cannot give their methods my support. They just suck too much at it.

Naruto_RNG
Fri, 11-14-2008, 05:52 PM
You all made very good points, but there is no such a thing as a "War that ends all wars", unless everyone is killed. In some way the defeated side will be discriminated, and that will be the seed for a new conflict. I'm by no means a pacifist but history has shown time and time again that war only bring hatered, even the most noblest one.

@Ryllharu

Without conflict, those already in power will only take more of it. Wars may breed hatred, but the alternative is just as bad.
I would not really put the may there, it does bring hatred. Not pointing at you but some people just refuse to believe it does, and the to prove my point I dont have to point to a history book just take a look at Iraq. Greed is human nature. CB's goal then should be to exterminate the human race, not just selected few. No matter how good an individual is sooner or later he'll hunger for more. It is part of what we are. With all the technological advancment they have you would think one would attack this issue on biological level. I don't mean chemical weapons lol.

@Kraco

Now I'm rooting for the CB, because the world is lead by Ribbons from the shadows and it will only get worse unless he's stopped.
True I will not argue that. However, Wang Liu Mei, don't you think she has her own ulterior motives. CB is following her without questioning her motives. She did say she wants the world to change, and it does not matter who does it. Also she did agree with the actions of Trinity. If I was a person who wanted to change the world (gundams), I believe I would of check my back yard first before criticizing others, and how they run their business. She is acting like one of those sneaky final villians.

Kraco
Fri, 11-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Wang Liu Mei seems to be an agent of chaos, maybe as much as Ali but only more refined (because I doubt she enjoys actual combat personally). One other thing is that while we see her every now and then, the CB only received intel from her, and that is. Who knows when anybody from the CB core actually met her long enough to really see what she's like. This is also why she's so dangerous right now. I doubt the CB trusts her motives as such so deeply - their mutual trust is probably born out of fighting and training together, and surviving those fights - but they need the intel.

Mankind certainly has a tendency to wage war, but there are also exceptions: Long peaceful periods. Like right now it has been in many places ever since the end of the WWII. Which is also why I can't really understand the first season of Gundam. The world was in peace, even if in a somewhat tense peace. Why did the CB choose such a moment to begin their operation? Because it would make the peoples hate them even more, when they broke that peace? It's bloody hypocritical then to say they want to end wars.

Yeah, ending wars is pure ideology, but having even long periods of peace is not.

Ryllharu
Fri, 11-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Mankind certainly has a tendency to wage war, but there are also exceptions: Long peaceful periods. Like right now it has been in many places ever since the end of the WWII. Which is also why I can't really understand the first season of Gundam. The world was in peace, even if in a somewhat tense peace. Why did the CB choose such a moment to begin their operation? Because it would make the peoples hate them even more, when they broke that peace? It's bloody hypocritical then to say they want to end wars.
The world at large was at peace, but there were all too many places in the world that were not. The same places that have the issues today, in the real world. Sri Lanka, Congo (Gundam used African diamond mines), the Middle East, Pakistan, South America, etc. Places that are considered 3rd world, out of sight and out of mind by the advanced and more "civilized" nations of the world. Setsuna never knew peace in his childhood, Lockon knew of terrorism, Al/Hal knew of only being created for future conflicts.

I'm going to start sounding like a broken record repeating Setsuna's line to Saji about why it was fair for only him to live in a peaceful world.

The world is never at peace. Conflict will always exist. We are a primative and warlike race, who's greatest technological advancements flourish as a result of developing from conflicts. Conflicts with each other, with the environment, nature, and society. Like with so many works of fiction, a humanity unified in hating something else is the only humanity that is at peace with itself. CB's original plan was to fulfill that role. It worked, but the result backfired. The world remained divided enough to still oppress and hate each other. Those who took power took any means necessary to ensure their power became absolute.

Kraco
Sat, 11-15-2008, 03:47 AM
Yes, yes, I realise that. But it doesn't change the fact it's hypocritical to bring war to all of the world instead of isolated, small regions if your ideology is supposed to be to end all wars. Still, like has been said already, the whole mentality of the CB is somewhat twisted, so a little contradiction hardly means anything.

Of course my stance is far too realistic for a work of fiction. I don't know what kind of "no wars anymore" solution they will present at the end of the show. The truth is, though, just like you said, wars will never end totally, which brings me to my original point of aiming for periods of longer peace instead of some mumbo jumbo of totally removing wars. So far, however, the CB has done zilch to that direction, which means they aim for an ultimate solution, whatever that might be.

6Zabuza9
Mon, 11-17-2008, 04:10 AM
no gundam this week?

Kraco
Mon, 11-17-2008, 04:21 AM
There is Gundam this week, but apparently some staff members of BSS were busy with whatever, and the release is being delayed. The raws are there, though, so it should have surely aired.