PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 424

Marik
Thu, 11-06-2008, 11:27 PM
SleepyFans

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?zywczhgwwxk) - RapidShare (http://rapidshare.com/files/161395496/Naruto_424_SleepyFans_.zip) - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LN2OU45G) - Online Viewing (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/424/01)

michelous
Thu, 11-06-2008, 11:39 PM
hopefully kakashi won't die that would suck guess we will see in 2 weeks

darkshadow
Thu, 11-06-2008, 11:40 PM
oh... wow, now i really hate having no manga next week ;(

rockmanj
Thu, 11-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Oh, the suspense! And a hiatus coming up too...so is this going to be it for Kakashi (I'm guessing a slug finds him, so no)? And how exactly does that sharingan work? Like, I guess its too difficult to zap heads off with it, or something, eh? Choji lost his dad, Danzou's making a dangerous play for Hokage (which doesn't make sense if everyone is dead), and Ino's dad is like the Charles Xavier of Konoha...

Sidnne
Thu, 11-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Neat. Kakashi used his MS on the nail.

It's disappointing that Choji was so helpless that he couldn't avoid a projectile and Kakashi had to use his MS on it.

After last week's chapter I did not believe that Kakashi was really dead, and he wasn't. But, now... well, I'm not so sure. It seems like 50/50. I really hope he isn't dead though; he and Shikamaru are the only leaf ninja worth seeing in action, imo.

It's gonna be a long two weeks.

Rikudo
Thu, 11-06-2008, 11:58 PM
No way Kakashi is done for if he didn't got hit with the nail and with Tsunade's Katsuyu roaming around.

Psyke
Fri, 11-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Sorry, but using the MS to negate the nail didn't do it for me, especially when the last frame of the previous chapter suggested that Kakashi was hit. Anyway, Chouji's father's death wasn't that impactful as well, since we didn't get to see any action from Chouji. I was expecting him to go into his transformed state when he said "watch me".

RyougaZell
Fri, 11-07-2008, 12:27 AM
I agree with Psyke. The chapter was kinda meh.

We already knew Danzou wanted to be Hokage.
No real info from Pain's brain.
Another cheap Sharingan moment.
Chouza dies... so?

zzzzzz

animus
Fri, 11-07-2008, 12:29 AM
Looks like there's a chance all the previous genin parents are dying, starting with Chouji's. Maybe Danzo will come and kill Ino's dad or something.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 11-07-2008, 01:52 AM
ok... so konoha has a giant brain scanner?
doesn't it strike anyone else as creepy?

also, Roots evil HQ is made by Yamato? (whom we haven't seen in this battle yet, and might come and save Kakashi). and Danzou really is a jerk face.

Sidnne
Fri, 11-07-2008, 02:07 AM
ok... so konoha has a giant brain scanner?
doesn't it strike anyone else as creepy?

Hah, yeah. When I first saw that, I didn't quite know what to make of it.

Come to think of it... I still don't.

FireEmblem
Fri, 11-07-2008, 02:46 AM
Looks like that statue has some meaning after all!

And holy shit this chapter was pretty good. I definitely did not expect for them to show so many different point of views!

And I'm still thinking Kakashi will remain alive even after that. One of Tsunade's slugs might make it in time to save him. But maybe not, and this invasion of Konoha would signal the original genins coming into the forefront. We'll finally get to see what was planned for them, when if you think about it, Kishi could have easily just used older characters to start with and not have dealt with the kids.

Dark Dragon
Fri, 11-07-2008, 02:47 AM
You guys are heartless, i for one am sad we lost such a great character.

There is no telling how those 10 pages that he appear in would've turn out if Chouza never existed.

Assertn
Fri, 11-07-2008, 03:29 AM
I think kakashi's first MS took out both the nail and that body of Pain's.

At least...I don't know why else the other Pain body would be missing while Kakashi was still left alive...

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 11-07-2008, 05:05 AM
so whats the deal with that last frame of kakashi's head jarring back and blood going everywhere? I got the impression that he used some mangekyo genjutsu and just sent the nail into space. I have a feeling the boss Pain is still in this plane of universe.

Archangel
Fri, 11-07-2008, 06:31 AM
I think kakashi's first MS took out both the nail and that body of Pain's.

At least...I don't know why else the other Pain body would be missing while Kakashi was still left alive...

...wut? Here (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/424/09/) He just left because he thought kakashi was already dead.

Everyone is talking about Tsunade's slugs, but you don't seem to realize that even if one of them reaches kakashi, he still has to deal with Asura Path Pain. Even if he can't attack anymore he has already sent word that kakashi is alive to the other 5 so i don't really see a way for him to get out of this one.

And what's worst he started mumbling some crap about his dead friends... kakashi is screwed.

Tyreal
Fri, 11-07-2008, 07:37 AM
...wut? Here (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/424/09/) He just left because he thought kakashi was already dead.

Everyone is talking about Tsunade's slugs, but you don't seem to realize that even if one of them reaches kakashi, he still has to deal with Asura Path Pain. Even if he can't attack anymore he has already sent word that kakashi is alive to the other 5 so i don't really see a way for him to get out of this one.

And what's worst he started mumbling some crap about his dead friends... kakashi is screwed.

I agree. The second it looked like it was going to be a flashback Kakashi's fate was set in stone. Not to mention now that Pain knows Kakashi is still alive there is NO way he wont at least try to finish him off since Pain himself said that if he failed to kill Kakashi it would mean trouble for him in the future.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 11-07-2008, 08:04 AM
I'll take the liberty to point this out as a pivotal point in the story writing. I want kakashi to live, so much...but I can't think of a way to make it happen without it seeming like bullshit. If history is any help in predicting this, neither can Kishimoto (I'm hoping he can though...but the safe bet is to not even go there). So our options are, moving death of one of the coolest characters ever, or complete and utter ruination of his character via his survival. If some slug/some tsunade comes to save him, it'll be like "ooooh boy...where have I seen THIS before..." and I'm specifically saying that it's happened to kakashi before, not to mention other characters. If no one comes to save him, then he's got nothing left to save himself. Even if Pain leaves him alone, he should die for having used that move. That's a big death hole and it would take more ingenuity than anyone has to write a character that crawls out of it, in this kind of story anyway.

As much as this'll suck...I hope he dies...:(

Death BOO Z
Fri, 11-07-2008, 08:04 AM
I'm back, with more point of interest.

I found it pretty funny that the payne-village people were being suspicious of bringing in the body to the payne tower, it blended it perfectly with the leaf people having a giant brain hidden inside one of their buildings.. just business as usual.

I liked last chapters solution of Kakashi.. this time it was pushing it to force emotion (maybe put the anime kakashi gaiden here?), it's not like MSharingan was kakashi signature move (or a move somebody wanted to see again..) and they made chouji look weak again (seriously, you're saying he can't survive a RPG? he's a freaking tank with rolling abilities! he can probably altar his own height like Luffy and pass the rocket between the balls).

I'm still annoyed by the Danzou shit, his presence as a village elder contracted with Tsunade's goody-to-shoes behavior and made the 'ninja' thing seem more realistic. now he's turned into an evil tyrant... boring.

I don't think we need to see the old genins all the time, they don't need to keep up with the power levels of Naruto. they need to stay around so Naruto could interact with them and move the plot. this isn't SDK or a tournament anime where everybody needs to be on the same power grid. Naruto (and Sasuke) are supposed to be stronger than the rest, they're special enough to fight in the big leagues. having someone like Tenten or Kiba (even Neji) fight equally with the akatsuki will be like having Iruka win against Kabuto or Sai.
completely shitting the story.

Naruto needs new allies, he already gotten a new mentor (Yamato) and new BFF (Sai), staying with the old ones is just going to turn each arc into shit (example: Bleach, Samurai deeper kyo)

RyougaZell
Fri, 11-07-2008, 09:59 AM
I want to know why everybody keeps saying Konoha has a giant brain stored...

Damn it! Its Genjustu / Mind reading people!!

We clearly see Ino standing besides Inoichi when Shizune arrives. And the man has his hand over a device which is sending his mind into another plane... remember they have mind transfer techniques. They are probably transmiting themselves into the dead Pain's head.

Tyreal
Fri, 11-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Barles, while I was reading your post I suddenly thought a terrible thought... that thought was "We haven't seen Sakura for a while...". If she somehow turns up and saves Kakashi I can see it as being both good and bad, the bad however outweighs the good for the reason Barles stated. However the only good thing I can see coming about if Sakura turns up and saves Kakashi it will show that Sakura will always be a useful to anyone in any fight they get in regardless of how powerful the opponent is. However it will also suck knowing that Sakura could save almost anybody from death regardless of how badly hurt they are.

On the off chance that Sakura does turn up and save him I'm guessing it will probably put Kakashi out of commission for another month or so again. I still think Kakashi is a goner however.

Abdula
Fri, 11-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Lol, damn you RZ. I was hoping no one would say it:D

Uchiha Barles: What manga are you talking about? Ingenuity?

Kakashi simply has to will himself to live, i.e. Neji and Chouji in the Sasuke retrieval arc

Or this could just be another example of Tsunade's magical healing abilities saving the day i.e. Neji and Chouji or Naruto when he fought Kabuto. Or like Tyreal said, Sakura

Or he could simply say Kakashi is too cool to die i.e. Gaara.

@DBZ: I agree with you on the Danzo thing. Kishi just completely ruined his character, now he is just boring.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 11-07-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't let the truth get in the way of my joke.
Payne's giant statue is actually a giant zombie hunting for giant brains. he won't stop until he consumes all the brains. the brains originally belong to the tailed beasts, and only they can access it, and that's why the akatsuki hunts them and store them in the statue.

I agree that Sakura should come, she needs to hear Kakashi's final words and guidance, he needs to tell her she must protect Naruto and Sasuke. and then finish his tragic story of his youth (well, I never thought his story was truly tragic, but you can +1 to it's tragic level with music). and then Sakura could save Chouji or be useful in some way.

if Kakashi does kick the bucket (finally!), then we'd have 4 deaths in the past 100 chapters, which is pretty good.

Assertn
Fri, 11-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Yeah....I glazed over the part where the short Pain walked away...

I want to know why everybody keeps saying Konoha has a giant brain stored...

Damn it! Its Genjustu / Mind reading people!!

We clearly see Ino standing besides Inoichi when Shizune arrives. And the man has his hand over a device which is sending his mind into another plane... remember they have mind transfer techniques. They are probably transmiting themselves into the dead Pain's head.

It's not a device, it's the hostage's head. Also the hostage isn't a Pain body, just a lackey.

Psyke
Fri, 11-07-2008, 12:27 PM
With all these theories flying around someone's going to start spreading rumors that actually....... Kurenai (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/330/08/) is Pain. :eek:

Assertn
Fri, 11-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Interestingly enough...people have suspected a connection between Pain and Kurenai ever since the akatsuki holograms first appeared before shippudden.

In the anime they're colored differently, though :/

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 11-07-2008, 01:25 PM
I think that it makes sense about the tower. Nagato is in there controlling the "Peins" from his tower like the god that he believes himself to be. And "Angel" stands guard so no one finds out that it is just a mere "Wizard Of Oz" thing going on from behind the curtain.

Archangel
Fri, 11-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Interestingly enough...people have suspected a connection between Pain and Kurenai ever since the akatsuki holograms first appeared before shippudden.

In the anime they're colored differently, though :/

Actually the rinnegan has the wrong color pallete the first time it showed in the anime. In truth, the rinnegan is gray with black circles.

Uchiha Barles: What manga are you talking about? Ingenuity?

Kakashi simply has to will himself to live, i.e. Neji and Chouji in the Sasuke retrieval arc

Actually i think Kishimoto leaned from his mistakes in part 1, that's why he's killing every character to make up for it.

I said it once and i'll say it again, i'm not sure about neji because i like that character but if chouji would have died in part 1 after taking the pills it would have been an awesome death.

FireEmblem
Fri, 11-07-2008, 03:38 PM
I don't see what's the big deal with some of the other characters having comparable powers to Naruto/Sasuke. That's the way it should be. Obviously not the same tier, but not way worse. I've already given up hope for a character like Tenten, mainly because she's a snoozefest and I don't like her, but other characters can definitely step up in the future. A couple of the original Genins clearly possess immense talent and Naruto alone will not be able to save the world or w/e when they grow up. Neji, Shino, and Shikamaru come to mind as the three that stand out the most. I mean just look at it this way with Shino. Place any of the already dead (sans Itachi) Akatsuki members in Madara's position during that encounter and you can easily see why Shino is a problem and is definitely somebody that could be a useful ally for Naruto in the future when he's warring with Sasuke's Village Hidden in Gayness or whatever winds up happening.

I'm with Barles though that I want Kakashi to survive, but can't really find a good way for it to happen where it wont be corny or something we've already seen before. What's sad about that is that it would actually make SENSE for him to survive via a myriad of ways yet for some reason it's not something we want, yet want at the same time because of the nature of the character.

I'm not quite sure I understand the obsession with killing off characters though. I don't think this is the TIME to kill off Kakashi, and THAT was a bigger mistake than not killing him now. The timing is way off if he dies right now. The only way to fix this is if Sakura and Naruto's reactions to his death are worth it.

Sidnne
Fri, 11-07-2008, 03:45 PM

Or this could just be another example of Tsunade's magical healing abilities saving the day i.e. Neji and Chouji or Naruto when he fought Kabuto. Or like Tyreal said, Sakura

Or he could simply say Kakashi is too cool to die i.e. Gaara.

Exactly, we have seen characters endure far worse who should have died only to have Kishi pull something asinine out of his rear end and have the character live.

We heard Choji say the same thing "If I do this, then I'll die! But the important thing is xxxx!" when he took those pills. And now, here he is again when Kakashi is saying it.

The worst imo was Neji having a hole blasted through his body and then get weaved back together by hair.

If Kishi wants Kakashi to live, then he will, and he doesn't care if it makes sense or not.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 11-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Sakura is at the hospital saving lives. I dont know if they would just write her as being there just to have her come back...

itadakimasu
Fri, 11-07-2008, 04:57 PM
... he and Shikamaru are the only leaf ninja worth seeing in action, imo.

It's gonna be a long two weeks.

Gai Sensei FTW!

i couldn't really tell what he used his MS for toward the end. Where is gai?! and lee? where is lee !?

and lastly... wtf is danzou doing? being hokage means you're deemed the strongest ninja. from what i can tell he's just a crippled old man with no skills.

Archangel
Fri, 11-07-2008, 05:12 PM
i couldn't really tell what he used his MS for toward the end. Where is gai?! and lee? where is lee !?

Shippuden has made Lee look like a pussy :( They could at least show us he can open a couple more gates or something.

Sakura is at the hospital saving lives. I dont know if they would just write her as being there just to have her come back...

Didn't she kill the giant centipede am couple of chapters ago?

Death BOO Z
Fri, 11-07-2008, 08:00 PM
I don't see what's the big deal with some of the other characters having comparable powers to Naruto/Sasuke. That's the way it should be. Obviously not the same tier, but not way worse. I've already given up hope for a character like Tenten, mainly because she's a snoozefest and I don't like her, but other characters can definitely step up in the future. A couple of the original Genins clearly possess immense talent and Naruto alone will not be able to save the world or w/e when they grow up. Neji, Shino, and Shikamaru come to mind as the three that stand out the most. I mean just look at it this way with Shino. Place any of the already dead (sans Itachi) Akatsuki members in Madara's position during that encounter and you can easily see why Shino is a problem and is definitely somebody that could be a useful ally for Naruto in the future when he's warring with Sasuke's Village Hidden in Gayness or whatever winds up happening.

numbers, they don't lie. (I do, but that's not the question)
9 genins from Naruto's class made it to be Chunin level (Naruto and Sasuke, who haven't, are special cases). if his old class consisted of 30 students, it's a reasonable number.
1 out of 3 being promoted is a legitimate 'statistics' in most army units, lets run with those numbers...
9 chunin level ninjas at Naruto's age, meaning three of them would advance to the next level...
Shikamaru is a jounin, Sasuke is definitely at that level, even naruto can count as one. also, there's sakura, who is probably somewhere between.
another step up, we're going to have Naruto and Sasuke (who have to chase each other).

in order to support an hierarchy, the pyramid must have a wide base, so if Naruto and sasuke are destined to meet at the top, they must be there alone.

that was some technical mumbo-jumbo, so here's some more:
the only way for Naruto to come out as awesome (anytime now.. seriously, kishi, we've been waiting for so long!), he has to be better than the rest, if Neji turns out beating an akatsuki, then what's so great about Naruto doing so?

if we're speaking of Neji... he's dead.
remember, spider guy impaled a spear through his gutts, and neji went out with a blaze of glory (at least that how i've been telling myself), he made peace with the main family, he stopped being a jerkface, he learned to trust the heart of the cards. he doesn't hold any relevance to the story anymore.

Shino I won't dignify with a response, other than saying he's the most useless character in the series, and that even when the manga is awfully bad, I take comfort in the fact he didn't show up to ruin the day. Shino is the most boring character in existence.

letting every character fight will turn the manga into bleach, where we waste gazzilion of chapters on no name fighting other no names...

Sidnne
Fri, 11-07-2008, 08:15 PM
letting every character fight will turn the manga into bleach, where we waste gazzilion of chapters on no name fighting other no names...

Can't argue with that.

That has been one of the highlights of Naruto. The secondary characters are role players and when they do appear in battle its usually in a support role during a team effort. The 1v1 battles are generally saved for main characters, unless it's some type of defining moment for a secondary character.

chet_chetty
Fri, 11-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Kakashi won't die merely for the fact that Chouza died right next to him. I think teasing Kakashi's death serves better to increase the suspense of Konoha's anarchy anyways. His death would need way more pages.

Archangel
Fri, 11-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Kakashi won't die merely for the fact that Chouza died right next to him. I think teasing Kakashi's death serves better to increase the suspense of Konoha's anarchy anyways. His death would need way more pages.

There is evidence that the next chapter is gonna be a flashback and Kishi is taking a week off to make the next issue.

And what does Chouji's dad have to do with anything?

FireEmblem
Fri, 11-07-2008, 08:55 PM
@DBZ

I didn't say I wanted each and every character to have a fight. We know that a manga with THIS many characters can't afford that. But i'm simply talking about 6-8 characters from Konoha that will be at a high level of fighting ability with Naruto and Sasuke having to be at the top obviously. And it's not as much about the actual fights, as it is to represent Konoha's will of fire and the fact that this generation is suppose to surpass the last.

Also about your example of Neji beating an Akatsuki. That would be pretty stupid I agree, since even Sasuke almost died to beat one (who suicided anyway lol) and he is clearly the strongest of the starting genins. That's not what i'm saying though, and we know typically Konoha will send a platoon (4) to fight Akatsuki. Are you saying that by the time they're in their 20's, some of these characters that already possess great fighting abilities, shouldn't be able to gang up on....Kisame?

And I don't see how Tenten isn't more useless than Shino. Though I don't understand why he'd stand out as super useless to you compared to other characters that actually have useless abilities.

chet_chetty
Fri, 11-07-2008, 09:04 PM
There is evidence that the next chapter is gonna be a flashback and Kishi is taking a week off to make the next issue.

And what does Chouji's dad have to do with anything?

Having 2 known characters die in the same fight would be, for lack of a better term, overkill.

Abdula
Fri, 11-07-2008, 10:42 PM
And Chouji's dad counts as a known character. Ino has gotten more development/screen time than him, Ino.

chet_chetty
Sat, 11-08-2008, 06:30 AM
Hey I said known, not significant.

Of course I dont deny the evidence going to show that this could well be Kakashi's last stand. As Archangel pointed out, a flashback is very likely to come giving us the more pages (that I wanted) to justify Kakashi's death.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 11-08-2008, 06:45 AM
@DBZ

I didn't say I wanted each and every character to have a fight. We know that a manga with THIS many characters can't afford that. But i'm simply talking about 6-8 characters from Konoha that will be at a high level of fighting ability with Naruto and Sasuke having to be at the top obviously. And it's not as much about the actual fights, as it is to represent Konoha's will of fire and the fact that this generation is suppose to surpass the last.

Also about your example of Neji beating an Akatsuki. That would be pretty stupid I agree, since even Sasuke almost died to beat one (who suicided anyway lol) and he is clearly the strongest of the starting genins. That's not what i'm saying though, and we know typically Konoha will send a platoon (4) to fight Akatsuki. Are you saying that by the time they're in their 20's, some of these characters that already possess great fighting abilities, shouldn't be able to gang up on....Kisame?

And I don't see how Tenten isn't more useless than Shino. Though I don't understand why he'd stand out as super useless to you compared to other characters that actually have useless abilities.

6 to 8 elite konoha ninjas (who don't come from the hokage generation?)...
Ibiki, Anko, Aoba, Gai, Yamato, Sai, Shizune.
they range from high-chunin to anbu level (high jounin), established characters who we know as tough, proficient ninjas. they can fight, tell stories of the past, and represent the entire population of the village.
no need to bring back Lee and Neji from the dead, you don't have to massively increase Kiba's fighting power, and you don't need to write stupid game plans for shino.

why would anyone gang up on Kisame? he's going to turn around and help Naruto defeat Madare in a few chapters...

maybe if Naruto did something else other than fighting (reckon, stealing, kidnapping, transporting, diverting attention) a group of low level ninjas could get some screen time, but until then, it's best that they stay in the offscreen, doing their missions, and not hogging screen time from plot events.

Archangel
Sat, 11-08-2008, 08:47 AM
And Chouji's dad counts as a known character. Ino has gotten more development/screen time than him, Ino.

Use Tenten as an example, it has more impact on your words.

DB_Hunter
Sat, 11-08-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how Chouji's dad died....

animus
Sat, 11-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Chouji fell on him I bet.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 11-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Actually I think that they just skipped part of the fight to show again later. I mean we didnt get to see Kakashi use his MS the first time, amd suddenly everyone is in worse shape then they were? Probably be a flashback later I am guessing.

Assertn
Sat, 11-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Doubt it. Unless you guys are new to the manga, you should know by now that Kishimoto isn't against leaving out large parts of a fight if he considers it trivial.

Archangel
Sat, 11-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Doubt it. Unless you guys are new to the manga, you should know by now that Kishimoto isn't against leaving out large parts of a fight if he considers it trivial.

That's not always a bad thing. Sometimes the anime is able to make good use of those blank spaces.

SilentSnake
Sun, 11-09-2008, 06:16 AM
That's not always a bad thing. Sometimes the anime is able to make good use of those blank spaces.

"Sometimes" is the key word here, though :P

imo it's all just more Kakashi's death cockteasing, unless next chapter is the beginning of Kakashi Gaiden 2 ;)

DB_Hunter
Sun, 11-09-2008, 07:22 AM
If KG2 starts then we know Kakashi is dead. Though what could we possibly learn from another KG?

Archangel
Sun, 11-09-2008, 07:39 AM
If KG2 starts then we know Kakashi is dead. Though what could we possibly learn from another KG?

We still have no idea how he met yamato or how he joined the ANBU.

SilentSnake
Sun, 11-09-2008, 08:09 AM

That's what I meant ;)

Well he did say on the last page "Rin... Obito..." and I had this bad impression it was an introduction to an incoming flashback. Not to mention Kishi took a week off to "polish" it :/

animus
Sun, 11-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Needs to be a Yondaime Gaiden soon. It'd be nice to learn about his adolescent years.

Archangel
Sun, 11-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Needs to be a Yondaime Gaiden soon. It'd be nice to learn more about his adolescent years.

It would be nice to know more, period.

One of the most awesome characters in the story and we know close to nothing about him.

ruccus
Tue, 11-11-2008, 01:10 AM
Correct me If I'm wrong but how is Konan in Konoha AND at the tower at the same time?

Konoha:- http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/422/02/

Tower:- http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/424/08/

Am I missing some really important point here?

Death BOO Z
Tue, 11-11-2008, 01:30 AM
you missed the entire humorist sketch about konoha having a giant brain scanner...
that part is a flashback, from the penetrated mind of the guy who's held captive by Konoha inside the ministry of truth.

Archangel
Tue, 11-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Jiraya picked up 2 random guys from the rainy country and they just happened to be pain's body providers.

Isn't that a little too convenient?

poopdeville
Wed, 11-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Yes. This is Naruto, however. If it was a kind of cheese, it would be gouda.

ruccus: Ino's father is a genjutsu specialist, and was reading the goatee'd dude's mind. What you saw in the Rain village was a flashback.

darkshadow
Wed, 11-12-2008, 06:04 AM
uhm no it's not convienent, who says they were the ONLY one's bringing corpses there? they didn't even know the real reason why they were bringing them there.

And even IF they were the only ones, luck is something that happens in the real world too.

Archangel
Wed, 11-12-2008, 07:26 AM
uhm no it's not convienent, who says they were the ONLY one's bringing corpses there? they didn't even know the real reason why they were bringing them there.

And even IF they were the only ones, luck is something that happens in the real world too.

Pain doesn't need that many bodies, so why would he risk more people knowing about this since it could very well be where the key to his secret lies hidden?

There's luck, there's dumb luck, and then there's anime luck, where you pick 2 random guys from a whole country and they just happen to be key parts on the bad guy's evil master-plan.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 11-12-2008, 07:51 AM
That's not the impression I got from the dialog...
I don't think Payne actually 'takes over' all these bodies and uses them as Paynes, I think that he sets an antenna in the dead brain to learn about the pain that the dead person has gone through, as in some ritualistic act of leadership and sympathy.

Assertn
Wed, 11-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Jiraiya didn't just capture random ex-rain nins...
He waited for an opportunity to catch ones that could have the information he needed.

Archangel
Wed, 11-12-2008, 12:37 PM
Jiraiya didn't just capture random ex-rain nins...
He waited for an opportunity to catch ones that could have the information he needed.

It wouldn't seem that that's the case

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/368/16/

Uberbaka
Wed, 11-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Although here http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/368/07/

They were talking about his activities, they probably knew "something" which means it was if anything only part luck.

Archangel
Wed, 11-12-2008, 12:52 PM
That seems like information any of the nins working under him would have.

Assertn
Wed, 11-12-2008, 08:45 PM
wow...this is a really boring discussion. Thanks, Archangel

Abdula
Wed, 11-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Nah its not him, its probably because I haven't posted in the last two pages.

Archangel
Thu, 11-13-2008, 01:11 PM
wow...this is a really boring discussion. Thanks, Archangel

Anytime

Nah its not him, its probably because I haven't posted in the last two pages.

I bet you can't do it for another 2 :p