PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 83

deadlydreamx
Thu, 11-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Naruto Shippuuden episode 83 (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns083.torrent)

Uzumaki
Fri, 11-07-2008, 12:23 AM
Hmm somethings wrong with this episode, it was good :D

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-07-2008, 01:55 AM
Hmm, so the 2-tails was Akasuki's 5th Bijuu. Which means they capture another one after Gaara and before the 2-tails.

That kinda pisses me off about the filler even more now. They had a bijuu that they didn't show, how much less shitty would that arc have been if Sora had been that jinchuuriki instead of a pseudo-kyuubi?

Nevertheless, episode fucking rocked. Dark element knives for shadow binding!

Assertn
Fri, 11-07-2008, 03:31 AM
Hmm, so the 2-tails was Akasuki's 5th Bijuu. Which means they capture another one after Gaara and before the 2-tails.

That kinda pisses me off about the filler even more now. They had a bijuu that they didn't show, how much less shitty would that arc have been if Sora had been that jinchuuriki instead of a pseudo-kyuubi?

Nevertheless, episode fucking rocked. Dark element knives for shadow binding!
No....Gaara was the 4th Bijuu that Akatsuki captured.

Azonalanthious
Fri, 11-07-2008, 03:57 AM
Love it. Great episode. Though I'm lmao at the thought that we've had episode after episode of Naruto developing what looks to be a fairly minor upgrade to rasengen, and Shikamaru breaks out the far, far cooler shadow shuriken bind like two days after getting his hands on the blades. And the spiked meat tank is a new varient as well if memory serves.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 11-07-2008, 05:53 AM
naruto is a good show again finally and it looks like its gonna stay that way for a while

tactical ninja action is the best kind of ninja action as always. same goes for US foreign policy, tactical intelligent action ftw. now if only we could get 4 more years of shikamaru too we'd be set.

Harima Kenji
Fri, 11-07-2008, 07:17 AM
Unfortunately I can see where this is going....team 10 get the crap beaten out of them and Naruto saves the day with his wind-rasengan.
Although, the things shooting from Kakuzu look like Menos Grande.. so Ichigo might come to the rescue :D:D

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-07-2008, 07:45 AM
Man, what a tease. I've always wanted to see how Ibuki interrogates his victims, and this is as close as we ever get.

Kakuzu's non-living body keeps reminding me of Sasori's puppet body, so I'm really looking forward to how they'll differ.

Kakuzu himself seems to be a thinker, so I'm hoping for some brainy showdown too besides the flashy techniques.

By far, Hidan kept the laughs going this episode. From "do you love me", "We're screwed!", "What do you mean I'm braindead?" to "Dodge my attacks!". I laughed every single time. I can't say that for every Naruto joke-wanna-be, so that alone made it an awesome episode.

Like Harima said, it sucks that inevitably, Team 10 will have to suck, and Naruto will have to come with his uber-rasengan and show them Chakra+Main Character >> Cool guy with a brain.

Because this is, after all, Naruto.

Kraco
Fri, 11-07-2008, 09:30 AM
A good episode. And while I fear it might eventually come to Naruto saves the day, let's hope that won't happen for a while, and we get a good fight with these players first. Who knows, maybe we will even see a new Kakashi technique. After all, the dude should have quite a number of them.

It seems like Kakuzu indeed found a pair of spare appendages to give Deidara the Armless ninja. A lucky fellow to have a superdoctor nearby. Oro should have turned to him as well - after all, just giving him enough money would have done the trick despite the fact Oro isn't an Akatsuki member anymore as money is all Kakuzu is thinking about.

Uberbaka
Fri, 11-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Good episode, but for the love of all that is holy...

Don't watch the preview. I have no idea why they ruin so many things, you'd think at one point they'd go "Hold on, we just fucked up several moments of tension and revealing moments in one preview.. We're not -that- desperate to get the viewers back are we?"

arondruiz
Fri, 11-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Nice episode, they actually did a pretty damn good job at making Shikamaru(and Kakuzu) look badass. If I had to complain about something it would be how long it took Shikamaru to walk backwards and grab the scythe, then he just starts running at max speed when it looked like it took tons of effort just to take a couple steps.

redcat
Fri, 11-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Oro should have turned to him as well - after all, just giving him enough money would have done the trick despite the fact Oro isn't an Akatsuki member anymore as money is all Kakuzu is thinking about.
oro didn't get his physical arms cut off tho. bit of a different problem.

Kraco
Fri, 11-07-2008, 03:57 PM
His hands seemed to work just fine after taking over a new body. How much difference is there compared to cutting off the hands of some dolt and have Kakuzu attach them to his body?

Jessper
Fri, 11-07-2008, 07:50 PM
One appears to take over a soul, seems different enough.

Kind of annoyed that in all this time that those two couldn't move Ino didn't do her Mind Control technique or Kakashi didn't Blackhole one of them to death.

Abdula
Fri, 11-07-2008, 08:27 PM
What don't you understand about following Shikamaru's plan?

Anyway doing either of those things now would be really stupid. Even if Ino's technique succeeds they wouldn't be able to do anything because whatever happens to the body she is in happens to her own body too.

And Kakashi's MS is strictly a last resort, it uses way too much chakra for him to use it in a battle that has just started, if he doesn't incapacitate both of them with it immediately, he'll be useless for the rest of the battle.

Anyway, they are going to follow Shikamaru's plan. If its in the plan then they'll do it, if not, then they won't.

His hands seemed to work just fine after taking over a new body. How much difference is there compared to cutting off the hands of some dolt and have Kakuzu attach them to his body?
His arm works fine after taking over a new body because that person's soul is in there too or rather Oro eats that person's soul, and no I'm not kidding. Anyway like I said before there was nothing wrong with his arms that part of his soul was just sealed. If it was as simple as attaching some new arms Kabuto would have done it.

Archangel
Fri, 11-07-2008, 08:53 PM
His arm works fine after taking over a new body because that person's soul is in there too or rather Oro eats that person's soul, and no I'm not kidding. Anyway like I said before there was nothing wrong with his arms that part of his soul was just sealed. If it was as simple as attaching some new arms Kabuto would have done it.

Then why did Orochimaru believed so strongly that tsunade could heal his arms? The ability to heal a soul with healing jutsu seems a little farfetched.

Isn't it possible that Kakusu's kinjutsu would work but that option wasn't on the table anymore since Oro had already betrayed Akatsuki?

DarthEnderX
Fri, 11-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Anyone else notice the subtle change in the last sequence of the opening? Instead of jogging in between every at the end, Naruto dashes through at full speed now.

Abdula
Fri, 11-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Yeah I noticed, and I have no idea why they needed to change that.

@Archangel: They didn't know if Tsunade could actually do it, what they said was if there was anyone who could, it would be Tsunade.

arondruiz
Fri, 11-07-2008, 10:18 PM
Anyone else notice the subtle change in the last sequence of the opening? Instead of jogging in between every at the end, Naruto dashes through at full speed now.

yeah they actually made a lot of changes. In the beginning when team 10 is jumping down Asuma got replaced with Kakashi, and they added Asuma's ghost in the other shot with team 10 :P

Jessper
Sat, 11-08-2008, 03:38 AM
What don't you understand about following Shikamaru's plan?

Anyway doing either of those things now would be really stupid. Even if Ino's technique succeeds they wouldn't be able to do anything because whatever happens to the body she is in happens to her own body too.

And Kakashi's MS is strictly a last resort, it uses way too much chakra for him to use it in a battle that has just started, if he doesn't incapacitate both of them with it immediately, he'll be useless for the rest of the battle.

Anyway, they are going to follow Shikamaru's plan. If its in the plan then they'll do it, if not, then they won't.

Oh I wasn't aware they told us his plan, if I had known I wouldn't complain about them doing something silly. /sarcasm

Ino's technique is perfect for this. Control one and have Shikamaru hold the other still while the before mentioned one kills him. Not sure how that is terrible...

I understand that Shikamaru is attempting to learn more and setup moves that we couldn't in a thousand years perceive would happen but we've known for a long time that Shikamaru is great for holding someone still while a slow technique is used on them, not just to play with them.

Archangel
Sat, 11-08-2008, 08:52 AM

Yeah I noticed, and I have no idea why they needed to change that

Maybe because it looked incredibly retarded the way he kept dodging his own friends? Besides he'll probably finish the running with his new wind rasengan when it's introduced to the story.

@Archangel: They didn't know if Tsunade could actually do it, what they said was if there was anyone who could, it would be Tsunade.

Orochimaru seemed very certain that Tsunade could heal him, even Jiraya was and those 2 were the ones who best knew her abilities other than herself

Uberbaka
Sat, 11-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Ino takes over Hidan. Inodan attacks Kakuzu. Kakuzu breaks free and stabs InoDan in the face. Ino dies and Hidan lives on.

Brilliant plan. To be honest, do we even know if Ino is strong enough to control either of them? She failed against Sakura didn't she? Sakura.

Kakashi uses MS on Kakuzu. Kakuzu dodges. Kakuzu kills Kakashi as he is incapacitated.

Brilliant plan.

Jessper
Sat, 11-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Ino takes over Hidan. Inodan attacks Kakuzu. Kakuzu breaks free and stabs InoDan in the face. Ino dies and Hidan lives on.

Brilliant plan. To be honest, do we even know if Ino is strong enough to control either of them? She failed against Sakura didn't she? Sakura.

Kakashi uses MS on Kakuzu. Kakuzu dodges. Kakuzu kills Kakashi as he is incapacitated.

Brilliant plan.

Hahahaha, alrighty. How about we use logic next time pal.

Kakashi only needs to land one MS to kill if they are stationary, do you remember how long Kakuzu was stationary? Also, do you happen to remember how many times he used it in one day before? Once wouldn't incapacitate him.

Why would Kakuzu break free? The whole point of using Ino is so that Shikamaru could focus on one of them, that would mean he would be controlling him. A hand wouldn't be able to simply knock him away like a Chakara blade. Also it is a leap of logic to assume Kakuzu would attempt to kill Hidan right away if he broke free, even if he has an idea that it would kill the controller.

Don't argue just to argue, you're bad at it.

Archangel
Sat, 11-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Hahahaha, alrighty. How about we use logic next time pal.

Kakashi only needs to land one MS to kill if they are stationary, do you remember how long Kakuzu was stationary? Also, do you happen to remember how many times he used it in one day before? Once wouldn't incapacitate him.

Why would Kakuzu break free? The whole point of using Ino is so that Shikamaru could focus on one of them, that would mean he would be controlling him. A hand wouldn't be able to simply knock him away like a Chakara blade. Also it is a leap of logic to assume Kakuzu would attempt to kill Hidan right away if he broke free, even if he has an idea that it would kill the controller.

Don't argue just to argue, you're bad at it.

So this post is filled with your "logic"? Wow...

Kakashi has an incredibly small amount of chakra but he's still one of the best ninjas in Konoha because he uses it wisely.
If he used MS in the beginning of the battle and it failed, even if he didn't become a useless lump that would still take many powerful moves off the table, as lets say the raikiri.

Your strategy fails since the moment shikamaru tried to get kakuzu with his shadow he would use the hand on the ground to remove the blade and then both hidan and him would be free.

If you have a plan you stick with it, you don't use powerful moves right from the beginning when you have no idea what your opponent is capable of.

Abdula
Sat, 11-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Orochimaru seemed very certain that Tsunade could heal him, even Jiraya was and those 2 were the ones who best knew her abilities other than herself
But the fact is he didn't. Tsunade is the greatest medical ninja in the world so if anyone could have healed him it would have been her. He didn't know whether she could do it or not but he was willing to try but I doubt it would have worked since his problem wasn't medical. You know the story.

@Jessper: :rolleyes: :p

Jessper
Sat, 11-08-2008, 02:15 PM
So this post is filled with your "logic"? Wow...

Kakashi has an incredibly small amount of chakra but he's still one of the best ninjas in Konoha because he uses it wisely.
If he used MS in the beginning of the battle and it failed, even if he didn't become a useless lump that would still take many powerful moves off the table, as lets say the raikiri.

But Kakuzu is fast, Raikiri wouldn't work against him according to you people. I think that killing one of them outright is a good use of his chakra.

Your strategy fails since the moment shikamaru tried to get kakuzu with his shadow he would use the hand on the ground to remove the blade and then both hidan and him would be free.

He could have continued the shadow he was sending at them when he threw the blades, then he has him. This genius didn't account for intimate objects being vulnerable, nice. ;) Plus how in the world would Hidan be free, Kakuzu? Just as free as Hidan is now...

If you have a plan you stick with it, you don't use powerful moves right from the beginning when you have no idea what your opponent is capable of.

This is the best part of your guy's arguement, I'm not saying deviate from the plan, I'm saying he could have made a better plan. They have a pretty good idea of what these two are capable of (obviously not everything) and that is enough to know that they shouldn't give them a chance to do anything.

Hidan was right in the very beginning when he said they were screwed, they should have been but Shikamaru wanted to test the waters by fighting solo against them. Just like when they caught Hidan the first time except they have techniques that do a bit more damage this time.

Clearly the better idea is to have Shikamaru go all out to start the fight so that in 2 episodes we can hear again about how he doesn't have much chakara.

Thus, though we have heard of stupid haste in war, cleverness has never been seen associated with long delays.

You consider the haste I describe stupid but waiting certainly isn't clever.

Abdula
Sat, 11-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Okay two things. First of all Kakashi's MS isn't that powerful, it took all he had just to remove Deidara's elbow and unlike Deidara, if Kakashi uses it on Kakuzu, Kakuzu isn't just going to stand around wondering what the hell is happening to him.

Secondly
This is the best part of your guy's arguement, I'm not saying deviate from the plan, I'm saying he could have made a better plan.
You're selling Shikamaru short, if you think thats all there is to his plan.

Assertn
Sat, 11-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Jessper should be a writer for the series. I would love to see more akatsuki vanish anticlimactically within the first few seconds of appearing due to a broke MS jutsu.

Jessper
Sat, 11-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Oh I'm not, I know that he has all sorts of tricks that we will see for every situation. I'm saying that finishing them fast before we get to see what all Kakuzu can do (since I'm fairly sure we've seen Hidan's big surprise and if nothing else Kakuzu's moves will be more impressive than anything he has left).

I think Kakashi's MS is his strongest move, and that only makes sense given when we saw it. Certainly it seems to do more damage then Rakiri, why cut a hole with a jab when you can plant the MS on the center mass and destroy them completely (but perhaps I am overestimating this, I just don't think so)? Also, I never said to do MS while Kakuzu is moving but in the short time that they had them still. Deidara only got away because he was moving, I'll bet it does enormous damage when Kakashi can make sure it is on target.

Jessper should be a writer for the series. I would love to see more akatsuki vanish anticlimactically within the first few seconds of appearing due to a broke MS jutsu.

Haha, I was going to mention that they only reason they were not killed outright is so we can see Kakuzu fight and it wouldn't be as entertaining. I think that they shouldn't have let Shikamaru catch them like that right off the bat because it really should have been the end. If they wanted to do it Kakuzu should have broken out instantly. Shikamaru shouldn't have wasted time letting them in on his ability, it was like something out of a movie with the bad guy letting the hero know how everything is going to go down which is why he loses.

Abdula
Sat, 11-08-2008, 02:45 PM
It has the potential to be his strongest move, but he is no Uchiha and he hasn't perfected it yet. Secondly as we saw with Deidara it isn't instantaneous, it actually takes some time and with Kakuzu's speed not to mention his reach plus the fact that unlike Deidara, Kakuzu isn't alone. Its just not a good idea

Plus even if he succeeds and takes out Kakuzu, he would be out of chakra and Hidan would still be there. Bottom line is, Kakashi's MS is not something he'll use except as a last resort and its not something to use if he's facing multiple opponents.

Jessper
Sat, 11-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Right, it isn't instant but they had all this prep time, they were ambushing them and had them still. If they had wanted to do it he had plenty of time to get ready.

Even if Kakashi would be useless with just Hidan left I'm sure that they would be better off with 3 of them vs Hidan as opposed to 4 of them vs Hidan and Kakuzu.

Abdula
Sat, 11-08-2008, 02:52 PM
I see you don't listen to reason. Oh well, never mind then. Anyway, I highly doubt Kakashi's MS could take out Kakuzu.

ASSpirine
Sat, 11-08-2008, 02:56 PM
great episode, keep em coming
Finally a few episodes which are really worth while

Jessper
Sat, 11-08-2008, 03:07 PM
I see you don't listen to reason. Oh well, never mind then. Anyway, I highly doubt Kakashi's MS could take out Kakuzu.

I still contend it is his most powerful technique, if it can't do it then I'll bet we are going to have to wait for some Naruto action. Wearing these two down doesn't seem possible for people that we have seen are no where near their level.

Overall my point is that Kakuzu and Hidan shouldn't have gotten in such a desperate situation to begin with, if they did they should have lost given the factors we saw here. That is unless Kakuzu is even more immortal than Hidan (maybe he can separate his head too and just command his body from underground!).

Thinking about it maybe (real big maybe here) Kakuzu's body hardening could stop Kakashi's MS. Perhaps we have been lead astray in regards to how strong his MS is...

Still I don't think this fight should have started with these two being helpless for a while.

Assertn
Sat, 11-08-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm pretty sure Kakuzu could have freed himself at any time, and the only reason it took so long was because he wanted to pretend he was trapped by the enemy to see what their strategy will be.

Abdula
Sat, 11-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Oh, but they weren't helpless. Hidan is an idiot and immortal so let's disregard him and Kakuzu was never helpless. From the time Shikamaru threw the first kunai, Kakuzu sent his arm underground so in actuality he was never caught in Shikamaru's shadow bind and could have gotten away any time he chose. I'd say he was purposely leaving himself open so that if someone had attacked then, he would have gotten the jump on them which is why Shikamaru using Hidan to attack instead was brilliant.

@Above, posted at the exact same time, huh.:D

Jessper
Sat, 11-08-2008, 03:46 PM
He moved pretty far, I'll cede that his arm could have gotten to him instantly but regardless the other team members stealth would have been vital here, they have long range attacks that unless you see them ramping up are unavoidable (nothing moving once it has started so you can't dodge it by noticing it at that point).

Shikamaru's shadow was pretty close to them when the blades landed as well, it would have been more interesting to see if Kakuzu could have reacted quickly enough after they landed to the shadow getting to him.

Pandadice
Sat, 11-08-2008, 03:59 PM
that was dumb how Shikamaru stood there and explained his entire strategy to the Akatsuki guys. and it was annoying how we're still getting Asume flashbacks...

but I think other than that, it was a good episode. it seemed like it ended so suddenly to me.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-08-2008, 06:20 PM
that was dumb how Shikamaru stood there and explained his entire strategy to the Akatsuki guys. and it was annoying how we're still getting Asume flashbacks...

but I think other than that, it was a good episode. it seemed like it ended so suddenly to me.

I think it's more correct to say he stood there and explained it to us. I'd rather he does it now (and we go "oh, so that's why, pretty neat") rather than fight, and spend an episode after the fight going through how they did it.

ASSpirine
Sat, 11-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Hidan really sucks, relying to much on Kakuzu... Ok, his techniques are great, but without Kakuzu it would be very different. Maybe that's why they are teamed up.

If you look at the fact that Chouji was able to attack, this means that one of the many strategies Shika had was the breaking loose from of Kakuzu from the jutsu. This means he's taken that into account. And now what's left is the different strategy that should be implemented by Kakashi and Ino.

Kakuzu said that things doesn't always go according to plan. But I think that Shikamaru had every possible outcome covered, that's prob why the other teammembers had to memorize all the different strategies. Let's see what happens next week.

I took the advise and didn't look at the preview of next week.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Kakuzu said that things doesn't always go according to plan. But I think that Shikamaru had every possible outcome covered, that's prob why the other teammembers had to memorize all the different strategies. Let's see what happens next week.

I took the advise and didn't look at the preview of next week.

He had difference plans for different scenarios, including one if they didn't fall for the Chakra Blade Shadow Bind. He just didn't expect them to break out of it once they're caught, so it took Shikamaru by surprise.

ASSpirine
Sat, 11-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Then Chouji stood at a perfect place and reacted very well.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Then Chouji stood at a perfect place and reacted very well.

That's true, but do remember that Hidan/Shikamaru forced Kakuzu into that position for Chouji. To me, Shikamaru's still genuinely surprised Kakuzu dodged the swing, that much was evident. Being the brain that he is though, it didn't take him much effort to adapt his current situation with that of another plan.

lilphatboi88
Sun, 11-09-2008, 01:10 AM
I guess battle 85 that people were talking about was this episode?

DarthEnderX
Sun, 11-09-2008, 03:45 AM
No, we were talking about how the animation director that does all of the best fight scenes in Naruto is apparently the one who did 85, so 85 is probably kickass.

I'm guessing its probably the climax to this fight, since I doubt this one is gonna be over in 1 episode.

I do think that Kakashi's MS is the perfect attack to use on Hidan though. Since it sorta sucks things into a black hole, the perfect strategy would be to paralyze Hidan, then have Kakashi suck his head into oblivion.

In fact, I imagine that was the original plan. Bind them both, take over Hidan and have him kill Kakuzu, then MS on Hidan, the end. But now that Kakuzu is free, he has to move on to plan 12b or whatever.

lilphatboi88
Sun, 11-09-2008, 07:59 PM
I think it's more correct to say he stood there and explained it to us. I'd rather he does it now (and we go "oh, so that's why, pretty neat") rather than fight, and spend an episode after the fight going through how they did it.

What I would rather see is Ino or Chouji and maybe Kakashi explain it to us so it doesn't seem like Shikamaru is setting himself up to fail.

Jessper
Sun, 11-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Or even a flash back to the plan being explained. Something that wasn't a cliché "bad guy that is going to lose" speech.

lilphatboi88
Sun, 11-09-2008, 10:45 PM
True that.

So cliche...

ASSpirine
Mon, 11-10-2008, 07:39 AM
Don't you think it's weird that Ino and especially Kakashi waits to appear to help Shikamaru?
I think there's something behind all that, and we're talking about Shikamaru. The guy who can come up with different strategies at the blink of an eye.

We'll see it next friday

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-10-2008, 08:01 AM
He's hiding their numbers, as well as abilities. Naturally, he'll need the element of surprise, or he won't have an edge at all.

Archangel
Mon, 11-10-2008, 09:21 AM
He's hiding their numbers, as well as abilities. Naturally, he'll need the element of surprise, or he won't have an edge at all.

Exactly.

He's hiding kakashi as his trump card and Ino because she's a healing-nin with horrible combat skills.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 11-10-2008, 10:52 AM
I actually agree. Ino is more of a support character. I did like how she was able to take over the mind of a bird. That could be a very useful technique for a ninja. Would like to see her take over something else though, like a LIGER! But then again she could always just henge into anything she wanted...

Azonalanthious
Mon, 11-10-2008, 02:01 PM
He had difference plans for different scenarios, including one if they didn't fall for the Chakra Blade Shadow Bind. He just didn't expect them to break out of it once they're caught, so it took Shikamaru by surprise.

Actually, given that its Shikamaru we are talking about, I fully believe that he had a plan for "what if they can break the Shadow Bind". I do think he was suprised, but I think its either because they didn't do it immediately or because of how they did it, not just the fact that they did it.

Archangel
Mon, 11-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Actually, given that its Shikamaru we are talking about, I fully believe that he had a plan for "what if they can break the Shadow Bind". I do think he was suprised, but I think its either because they didn't do it immediately or because of how they did it, not just the fact that they did it.

If i could give this guy good rep for this post i would.

It's rare for a new guy to make posts that actually make sense, i hope you stick around dude.

lilphatboi88
Mon, 11-10-2008, 06:41 PM

It's rare for a new guy to make posts that actually make sense, i hope you stick around dude.

Hey it looks like that guy has been here longer than you...well, assuming he does have more posts so...

Archangel
Mon, 11-10-2008, 07:03 PM
Hey it looks like that guy has been here longer than you...well, assuming he does have more posts so...

As you can see Azonalanthious, this is the kind of crap i usually get from guys that don't even bother to get an avatar, so your post was a nice surprise.

I mean seriously, what is that even supposed to mean?

lilphatboi88
Mon, 11-10-2008, 08:04 PM
my bad, i thought you quoted buffalobian.

Anyways, what does getting an avatar have anything to do with anything?

You just have a picture of pikachu...no offense or anything.

Jessper
Tue, 11-11-2008, 01:58 AM
Anyways, what does getting an avatar have anything to do with anything?

You just have a picture of pikachu...no offense or anything.

Absolutely nothing.

If you don't think that Shikamaru planned for them to get out of shadow bind you're fooling yourself after the lead-up to this fight. Though of course he only plans within the abilities that the enemy has regardless of if he knows them or not. :rolleyes:

Buffalobiian
Tue, 11-11-2008, 07:21 AM

Yeah, I'll go with that.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 11-11-2008, 03:42 PM
I actually agree. Ino is more of a support character. I did like how she was able to take over the mind of a bird. That could be a very useful technique for a ninja. Would like to see her take over something else though, like a LIGER! But then again she could always just henge into anything she wanted...Transformation sucks though because, as was shown in this episode, if the person your spying on is the paranoid type who attacks every animal that it sees, then you can easily get yourself fucked up with a transformation. Its much easier possessing something else, and if it gets attacked, just release back to your body and let that animal/person take the beat down for you.

Archangel
Tue, 11-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Transformation sucks though because, as was shown in this episode, if the person your spying on is the paranoid type who attacks every animal that it sees, then you can easily get yourself fucked up with a transformation. Its much easier possessing something else, and if it gets attacked, just release back to your body and let that animal/person take the beat down for you.

Yep it's quite the handful jutsu.

Kind of reminds me of Wow's mind control + ironforge mountains combo :p

Python knows what i'm talking about

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 11-11-2008, 05:49 PM
or if its not a very geared player, mind control + Lumber mill leap of faith.

thatd be badass to see Ino use it that way, suicide into another enemy or off a cliff and at the last moment releasing. lol

redcat
Tue, 11-11-2008, 05:58 PM
ironforge mountains
blackrock mountain

or if its not a very geared player
fall damage is a % of health, gear doesn't matter.

anyway, if you henge into a bird I don't think you can fly, since it's just an illusion.

Archangel
Tue, 11-11-2008, 06:11 PM
fall damage is a % of health, gear doesn't matter..

Sure it does, do that to a fully plated epic warrior and you'll see it matters :p

Last time i played it was 20 gold each time they died lol

redcat
Tue, 11-11-2008, 06:32 PM
well I meant it doesn't matter as far as being able to kill them goes.

but anyway if you do it in a BG (AB LM) they don't lose dura there. still funny tho.

even funnier was one time I got tossed off, but I intercepted back up and killed the priest.

Azonalanthious
Tue, 11-11-2008, 06:51 PM

*chuckle* I've been around for a long time, I just don't post much. Started following the series back before the Chunin Examine, though at that point I was downloading from Aone - didn't come to this board until it switched to DB. Even then, didn't post for a long time, though I read the boards fairly often.

Archangel
Tue, 11-11-2008, 07:05 PM
I never get it why you people stand to watch without intervening, especially after reading some of the posts around here.

Don't you feel compelled to tell these guys just how wrong they are? :D

Kagari
Tue, 11-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Not always, Archangel ;) I've been around on these forums for a LONG time, and often I just don't want to get into it - takes too much effort to try and argue with some folk.

I'll just sit, and smile quietly to myself.

I did, however, thoroughly enjoy this episode. The dynamic between Kakuzu and Hidan is great; not only in their abilities, but in their personalities.

It's a nice break from the Emo/Power-Hungry/Troubled villains that usually saturate the world. I'm kinda disappointed that they will invariably meet their demise, as they are up there with my favourite Naruto villains.

Can't wait to watch this battle progress, I've been a big Shikamaru fan since I began watching the show way back when, and I really love it every time he gets his time in the spotlight.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 11-12-2008, 12:21 AM
I dunno, they've fought Akatsuki a grand total of 5 times already and they've only managed to put one down so far.

I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them gets away from this.

ASSpirine
Wed, 11-12-2008, 05:14 AM
I hope Kakuzu gets away then, he's my favourite of the two. But indeed, their chemistry is great :)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-12-2008, 06:36 AM
But indeed, their chemistry is great

"Hidan!"
"What the fuck do you want?"
"Here....it's to cover your wound....*turns away and blushes*...."
"You're a prick sometimes, but you actually love me, don't you?"
".............."
"Shut up Hidan."

I smell Yaoi material right there :D

ASSpirine
Wed, 11-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Imagine that Kakuzu can harden any part of his body, I mean everey part...
Ok, this is going to be nasty if we continue this...

But hey, they work great together (I think) and their is humor. What more do you want.
Like when Hidan was blaming Kakuzu that he was caught by the Shadow shuriken binding
Or the great pun from Kakuzu that it's better to lose an arm then a head :p

Compared to Naruto walking in dog poo...

lilphatboi88
Wed, 11-12-2008, 03:32 PM
Imagine that Kakuzu can harden any part of his body, I mean everey part...
Ok, this is going to be nasty if we continue this...

You got issues...

ASSpirine
Thu, 11-13-2008, 08:31 AM
yes I Have :D :p

Uberbaka
Thu, 11-13-2008, 03:46 PM
And it makes this board a more interesting place to lurk.

lilphatboi88
Thu, 11-13-2008, 07:06 PM
And it makes this board a more interesting place to lurk.

I like that little quote you have under your messages. Even though you joined later than me, yo have more posts. :)

tystic
Thu, 11-13-2008, 08:01 PM
I never get it why you people stand to watch without intervening, especially after reading some of the posts around here.

Don't you feel compelled to tell these guys just how wrong they are? :D

If I didn't vocalize my exasperation my roommate wouldn't have a clue what Naruto is!

Kagari hit it right on the money. It's nice to have a villain with a nasty case of death instead of the emo we normally get. What's weird, Kakuzu and Hidan talk to each other almost like brothers would, and that's just so perfect for their roles. Really it's not all that far off how my sis and I got along a few years back.