PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawals? Ever had them! Cause they suck.

Paulyboy
Wed, 11-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Its been a while since I did a thread. This one is about withdrawals, I have a major withdrawal from hydrocodone, (broke my hip and now I have a screw in it) and its my 2nd day and it sucks. My whole body is in pain and im just drinking beer to calm the aches in my body while im watching anime. I know there are like withdrawal rehab centers where I live, but im not spending $500 for a week to do something like that.... well I also have been eating bananas for aches but damn, I never knew I would go through withdrawals, even the "weed" seems like it intensifies my pains so alcohol is my temporary vice.

So whats your suggestions or stories of withdrawals that can help me :(

Edit: Also I have been taking 10-20 pills a day for a month then the 2nd month I only took like 5-10 but I still got the withdrawals.

Kraco
Thu, 11-06-2008, 07:15 AM
I know there are like withdrawal rehab centers where I live, but im not spending $500 for a week to do something like that....

So, now you are using $500 a week in beer instead? Well, I'm sure that's much jollier than some rehab center.

Sapphire
Thu, 11-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Aw man! That sucks! I heard eating 100% fruit for a week helps detox the body faster. Get a blender and start making your own smoothies. ;P (no sugar added)

David75
Thu, 11-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Had medication withdrawals... the ones that let you go deeper than any depression and at the both time totally free you from the fear of suicide, thus greatly helping in doing it.

It was so strong that at times it was almost like my body was going to do the last move on its own, to find the best way of ending everything.

I wish that experience to no one.

All of this due to multiple errors in treatment... and diagnosis too. I was treated for something I didn't have, and not treated for the real problem that was getting worser by the day. And as an added bonus, the treatment was also amplifying the real problem...
A year of hell on earth, and 5 years from then I'm still not totally recovered...

When my brain was back, I watched my blood results, did some queries... and my problem was so simple I wanted to kill them all for missing it since it was so obvious then and easy to do something. But I had no brains and I was still too confident...

Animeniax
Thu, 11-06-2008, 09:47 AM
I used to have caffeine withdrawals on the weekends because I'd drink coffee everyday at work, then not have any handy on the weekends. The headaches were terrible. I solved the problem by not drinking coffee at all. Took a few days to get the caffeine out of my system completely. True story.

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-06-2008, 09:50 AM
I haven't eaten anything made with lactose or flours in 6 months.

Heck... I haven't eaten out of home in 6 months. That is... no junk food, restaurants, etc.

Abdula
Thu, 11-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Had medication withdrawals... the ones that let you go deeper than any depression and at the both time totally free you from the fear of suicide, thus greatly helping in doing it.

It was so strong that at times it was almost like my body was going to do the last move on its own, to find the best way of ending everything.

I wish that experience to no one.

All of this due to multiple errors in treatment... and diagnosis too. I was treated for something I didn't have, and not treated for the real problem that was getting worse by the day. And as an added bonus, the treatment was also amplifying the real problem...
A year of hell on earth, and 5 years from then I'm still not totally recovered...

Ah this sounds like me only it was for about 4 years. Anyway seeing as I have "every illness known to man" I won't go into to it.

Its been a while since I did a thread. This one is about withdrawals, I have a major withdrawal from hydrocodone,
Hydrocodone huh. Opiods can be rough, unfortunately I don't really have any advice for you. Didn't they slowly reduce the dosage to wean you off it because quitting cold turkey from such a high dosage sounds like you're just asking for trouble.

Are they even supervising your dosage or is it all you? Also I wouldn't recommend drinking alcohol:p

I used to have caffeine withdrawals on the weekends because I'd drink coffee everyday at work, then not have any handy on the weekends. The headaches were terrible. I solved the problem by not drinking coffee at all. Took a few days to get the caffeine out of my system completely. True story.
Uh huh, caffeine:rolleyes:

I haven't eaten anything made with lactose or flours in 6 months.

Heck... I haven't eaten out of home in 6 months. That is... no junk food, restaurants, etc.
I don't get this, what exactly are you going through withdrawal from?:D

David75
Thu, 11-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Ah this sounds like me only it was for about 4 years. Anyway seeing as I have "every illness known to man" I won't go into to it.

Well I'm in a similar situation, though nothing is life threatening as of yet (bar silly treatments from those times and suicidal side effects...)
I still need to find the roots of my problems.

Other than that, I know no withdrawals from anything since I don't take drugs, drink a single drop of alcoohol or smoke anything.

Abdula
Thu, 11-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Oh really. I still don't have an actual diagnosis, treatment was symptomatic which just ended up with me being on a bunch of medications which only made everything worse. There was a period of time where I was basically just a guinea pig on whatever my team of doctors thought could help, regardless of potential side effects.

I just gave up and stopped going to doctors period. I don't have anything life threatening per se I just don't get to have a life, if I get sick enough someone will bring me to the hospital because if I'm still conscious I definitely won't go.

I don't take drugs, drink a single drop of alcohol or smoke anything.
I'm guessing that is what you were trying to say, and yeah its the same for me.

David75
Thu, 11-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Oh really. I still don't have an actual diagnosis, treatment was symptomatic which just ended up with me being on a bunch of medications which only made everything worse. There was a period of time where I was basically just a guinea pig on whatever my team of doctors thought could help, regardless of potential side effects.

I just gave up and stopped going to doctors period. I don't have anything life threatening per se I just don't get to have a life, if I get sick enough someone will bring me to the hospital because if I'm still conscious I definitely won't go.

I'm guessing that is what you were trying to say, and yeah its the same for me.

Thanks for the correction, I made too much change to my text and let that one pass.
Same as you for the guinea pig syndrome at first. I have only one problem diagnosed by myself and cured, and got much better. I still have problems that I think are related to sleep disorders. Options: get butchered by a surgeon, or sleeping with a mask and a machine increasing air pressure at the right time to help better blood oxygenation at night...

Option Butcher is not garanteed at all, and you can end up having awful side effects...
Option machine is trouble free after you get used to it, it's just not that sexy and not very convenient when you travel a lot... Customs aren't so friendly with that machine, even with medical certificates. And it's a nightmare to accomodate electrical standards of each country... when they have electricity.

It's some kind of withdrawal in a way... gives you lot of headaches hehehe

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-06-2008, 11:08 AM
I don't get this, what exactly are you going through withdrawal from?:D

real food

David75
Thu, 11-06-2008, 11:31 AM
real food

Yes, I remember your post from weeks ago.
I hope your new diet give you hints in order to manage your troubles.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 11-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Its been a while since I did a thread. This one is about withdrawals, I have a major withdrawal from hydrocodone, (broke my hip and now I have a screw in it) and its my 2nd day and it sucks. My whole body is in pain and im just drinking beer to calm the aches in my body while im watching anime. I know there are like withdrawal rehab centers where I live, but im not spending $500 for a week to do something like that.... well I also have been eating bananas for aches but damn, I never knew I would go through withdrawals, even the "weed" seems like it intensifies my pains so alcohol is my temporary vice.

So whats your suggestions or stories of withdrawals that can help me :(

Edit: Also I have been taking 10-20 pills a day for a month then the 2nd month I only took like 5-10 but I still got the withdrawals.

Go right back to the doctor and tell him about it. Tell him you're suffering withdrawal symptoms real bad, but a rehab center is a real inconvenience, so you don't want to consider it.

Dropping the dose by half works for some people, but obviously not for others, so just make him aware of it and see what he does.

I wouldn't suggest weed or alcohol as a means to treat your symptoms. Tell your doctor about the alcohol, and see what he says about it. Probably nothing, but hopefully he'll understand that the symptoms are really affecting you, and respect your preference of slow does weening over rehab.

That's all they do at a rehab anyway, except put you on a different opioid (which does have different actions and benefits) and slowly drop that off.

I've had to take corticosteroids in the past to treat my allergy reactions, and those were taken off slowly too. It's mainly to prevent a rebound reaction rather than withdrawal symptoms though.

My dosing regiment per day was: 2tabs, 2, 2, 1.5, 1.5, 1 1, STOP.

Paulyboy
Thu, 11-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Yeah, going to the doctors tomorrow, my doctor told me its not that intense because I did not go pass that 6 month mark of meds, only 2 months. Today I took aleve, and it really helped but sleeping is gonna be a bitch.

@Buffalo Yeah I also did some online searching and found out NSAIDs or Opiates help out during the withdrawal phase. Thanks for the advice.