PDA

View Full Version : CongratZ Mr. Hussein Obama!

Lucifus
Wed, 11-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Seriously, no one? Guess I got the first.

Landslide victory, good speech, framing tomorrows paper.

(I swear, each picture I see Obama gradually gets blacker, photoshop anyone?)

rockmanj
Wed, 11-05-2008, 12:33 AM
I noticed that too, especially his lips...almost like he's been smoking...hmmm....

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 11-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Yeah purple haze makes purple lips.

Congratulations to Obama. McCain was very graceful in his concession speech, I wish his supporters had half the class he has.

Now will Palin and plumber Joe PLEASE crawl back under the rock from whence they came?

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-05-2008, 12:52 AM
Seriously, no one? Guess I got the first.
Try this thread (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=16494&page=8)

I agree that the crowd in McCain's speech was awful. Completely immature. I felt embarrassed by them.

Raven
Wed, 11-05-2008, 01:42 AM
I'm very happy about this outcome - although I can only watch from afar, it's a good step forward imo. Congratulations to him.

*Edit: If someone finds a link to the victory speech, please post it here. I have been at work all day so I wasn't able to watch it at the time. Searching for it now, every search result is either incomplete or something entirely different.

Psyke
Wed, 11-05-2008, 02:11 AM
I'm very happy about this outcome - although I can only watch from afar, it's a good step forward imo. Congratulations to him.

*Edit: If someone finds a link to the victory speech, please post it here. I have been at work all day so I wasn't able to watch it at the time. Searching for it now, every search result is either incomplete or something entirely different.

First part of 3. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2x9OeqEer8)

Raven
Wed, 11-05-2008, 02:50 AM
Thanks for that, Psyke.

I finally found a 2-parter here, reasonable quality:

Part 1 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=mwrbJu7D0Fo)

Part 2 (http://youtube.com/watch?v=eUxachtkAUk)

Kraco
Wed, 11-05-2008, 03:50 AM
Hmm... According to the US ambassador to Finland Obama has lead a senate committee dealing with Northern European issues. That's a good sign, for at least it ensures the man knows more than the location of Finland. Though of course he will be too busy with the major domestic issues to pay too deep attention to foreign politics for a while.

In any case I'm happy he won. He might be filthy rich but maybe he still knows better how the small and the minorities feel.

Animeniax
Wed, 11-05-2008, 03:52 AM
I don't know about that. Jesse Jackson wanted to chop off Obama's nuts because he felt Obama was racially insensitive to blacks.

Obama is half-black, but more than that, he's a rich elitist. His presidency won't be that much different than any other democratic president.

darkmetal505
Wed, 11-05-2008, 03:52 AM
I would have attended the rally, but I have two midterms today.

Obama 08.

Animeniax
Wed, 11-05-2008, 03:54 AM
He already won, he doesn't need a rally.

You should get to work on Obama '12.

Raven
Wed, 11-05-2008, 07:09 AM
http://i33.tinypic.com/zx6yi8.jpg

Death BOO Z
Wed, 11-05-2008, 07:48 AM
oh. we've gotten to the point where we can post funny stuff? (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27546223/displaymode/1107/s/2/framenumber/6/)

David75
Wed, 11-05-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm waiting for his 4 years to be over to try and see what he can really do and if he holds to only 10% of hope he seems to create in people.

After all, electoral promises are only engaging people who believe in them...

So congratulations for the Democratic fiction show... and see you in 4 years from now. The lesser of the 2 evils I guess. Even is Mc Cain was surprinsingly a true sportsman throughout the campain, he really was incarnating a part of the USA to be feared.

Animeniax
Wed, 11-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Depending on the how things go for Obama in the next 4 years, McCain could run again in '12 and win. He just needs to pick a better running mate next time around.

David75
Wed, 11-05-2008, 10:50 AM
Depending on the how things go for Obama in the next 4 years, McCain could run again in '12 and win. He just needs to pick a better running mate next time around.
Well at 76 that would be difficult. He seemed already quite a bit tired, don't you think?

Abdula
Wed, 11-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Exactly, this was pretty much McCain's one and only chance. If people were making such a big issue of his age now, there is no way they are going to vote for him when he is 4 years older.

Animeniax
Wed, 11-05-2008, 11:19 AM
Why can't you people ever tell when I'm kidding? McCain will be lucky to be alive in 4 years, much less run for president. Though Palin might be ready by '12.

Mr Squiggles
Wed, 11-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Though Palin might be ready by '12.
Now that is a scary thought. Palin as president... *shudders*

David75
Wed, 11-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Now that is a scary thought. Palin as president... *shudders*

Here in France, they were already comparing Michelle Obama with Hilary Clinton...
So Michelle '12 or '16?

Electing a Black Woman would certainly mean a lot...

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 11-05-2008, 02:38 PM
I wonder how many people will make good on their promise to leave the country if Obama was elected.

This place is too crowded anyway.

Animeniax
Wed, 11-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Here in France, they were already comparing Michelle Obama with Hilary Clinton...
So Michelle '12 or '16?

Electing a Black Woman would certainly mean a lot...
Obama is only half-black and we haven't seen how the country will accept him as our president. It's way too early to think about a black female president and I don't see it happening in the next 4 terms.

I wonder how many people will make good on their promise to leave the country if Obama was elected.That's the first time I've heard that threat. Must be a local yokel thing.

Board of Command
Wed, 11-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Why can't you people ever tell when I'm kidding? McCain will be lucky to be alive in 4 years, much less run for president. Though Palin might be ready by '12.
Not even that. McCain has been battling cancer for a long time. If he had won this election and became president, there was no guarantee that he would have made it through his term. If he died halfway through, Palin would become president.

That's scary.

itadakimasu
Wed, 11-05-2008, 04:32 PM
They showed a video of mccain thanking his press crew, and he had joe liebermain in the background... I kept wondering why he didn't have a genuine friend and colleague like that as his running mate.

anyhow.. congrats barack! no recounts needed this year. when i was home for lunch there was a group of guys gathered in the parking lot apparently celebrating.... idk, for some people drinking 40's during the day is an everyday thing but given the circumstances I assumed they were celebrating.

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-05-2008, 06:05 PM
I for one am happy that Sarah Palin will fade back into obscurity. She had her moment in the spotlight, and didn't even earn it. Good riddance.

That's the first time I've heard that threat. Must be a local yokel thing.
The facebook status updates. My goodness. The closet racists are really coming out of their shells.

Also: Howard Stern is a fuckwit (http://blogs4mccain.com/2008/10/14/howard-stern-harlem-voters/#comment-8817)

Uchiha Barles
Wed, 11-05-2008, 06:58 PM
I don't quite get why you're labeling him a "fuckwit". While it's not necessarily true that the examples he used accurately represent the entire black vote, or even the entirety of the black voters in harlem, I don't imagine he had any difficulty at all in finding these people. Doing a random sample and coming up with those fucking morons has got to be indicative that there's a significant number of people, at least in harlem, voting for Obama on things other than the issues...

Abdula
Wed, 11-05-2008, 07:14 PM
I have to agree with Uchiha Barles here, people like that are way too easy to find. The only thing here is that it makes it seem like its only black people that are that idiotic but that isn't true at all.

Some of the comments on that page are unbelievable though.
It’s another example why the Black Culture is a culture of failure and victimization

Typical 30% of all democrat voters are just dead head democrats it doesnt matter who is running
Now that stuff is funny.

Oh and Stern is undoubtedly a "fuckwit"

I'm quite sure it wasn't a "random sample" and those weren't the only people they ran into.

This comment pretty much covers it

This is just a stupid, racist interview. Do you doubt for a moment that I couldn’t find stupid whites or Jews if I went out and searched for them? All this shows is how dishonest Stern and his worshipers are and how willing they are to attribute stupid remarks to a whole race. No wonder so many of them are McCain supporters

animus
Wed, 11-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Howard Stern a good source of unbiased, coherent thoughts? Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh....

The only reason to watch his show is for the tits.

masamuneehs
Wed, 11-05-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm waiting for his 4 years to be over to try and see what he can really do and if he holds to only 10% of hope he seems to create in people.

After all, electoral promises are only engaging people who believe in them...

So congratulations for the Democratic fiction show... and see you in 4 years from now. The lesser of the 2 evils I guess. Even is Mc Cain was surprinsingly a true sportsman throughout the campain, he really was incarnating a part of the USA to be feared.

This is by far the post I most agree with. I actually liked McCain more than Obama (but shuddered at the thought of Palin getting any kind of authority outside a PTA position).

I'm glad the thing is over too. These guys spend so much time promoting themselves, and they're largely elected on how well they can promote themselves. That says almost zero about how well they'll be able to manage the country.

I don't care who the president is so long as they do a good job. People patting themselves on the back and going out to celebrate with some pizza and beer just because some guy won a small-pool popularity contest are silly. It's all about where we go from here.

animus
Wed, 11-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Issues first, economy is the highest priority. And I'm pretty sure Obama will do a better job than McCain at the least.

XanBcoo
Wed, 11-05-2008, 07:59 PM
I don't quite get why you're labeling him a "fuckwit". While it's not necessarily true that the examples he used accurately represent the entire black vote, or even the entirety of the black voters in harlem, I don't imagine he had any difficulty at all in finding these people. Doing a random sample and coming up with those fucking morons has got to be indicative that there's a significant number of people, at least in harlem, voting for Obama on things other than the issues...
Because, as Abdula already demonstrated with that quote, the same could be done for those who voted for McCain. It's a stupid argument, as both sides had their share of uninformed voters. He's trying to invalidate Obama's election based on 3 people.

The interviews don't even go into why the black people were voting for Obama. Sure, they don't know the issues, but everyone suddenly assumes it's a racial thing. There's an equal chance that they were going to vote Democrat anyway and just hate McCain. The whole thing is just fucking ridiculous.

Edit: and yeah, masa makes a really good point.

Assertn
Wed, 11-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Judging by their misunderstanding of Palin's position in the race, I don't think they even know whether Obama is a republican or a democrat.

Animeniax
Wed, 11-05-2008, 11:16 PM
I actually liked McCain more than Obama (but shuddered at the thought of Palin getting any kind of authority outside a PTA position).
I was in the same boat. Choosing Palin as a running mate showed me how McCain was just another figurehead tool towing the party line even though he calls himself a maverick who endorses change. If I had voted, it would have been the lesser of two evils.

XanBcoo
Thu, 11-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Judging by their misunderstanding of Palin's position in the race, I don't think they even know whether Obama is a republican or a democrat.
I can't watch it now, but was everyone even asked the Palin question? Even so, I can imagine a situation where McCain was running against Clinton, and they'd vote for Clinton over McCain anyway. Maybe they even liked Obama because they thought he looked like a nice guy and felt he was trustworthy, issues aside. Either way, it's not neccessarily a race thing.

The editing of that segment and the comments on the blog are looking for an excuse to vent their frustration, and letting a race issue color (no pun intended) their judgement. It's ridiculous.

I actually liked McCain more than Obama (but shuddered at the thought of Palin getting any kind of authority outside a PTA position).
Posted this in the funny videos thread, but apparently McCain's own campaign felt the same way. Straight from the horses mouth, on the O'Reilly Factor earlier tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1KvgwTrpQE

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 11-06-2008, 01:37 AM
Wow I hope the Republican party aren't dumb enough to put her up front in 2012. She doesn't even know what the Vice President is supposed to do, what in the world would she do when she actually had to make decisions for a country.

Lol at O'Reilly pulling about 20 excuses for Palin out of his ass. She's such a diva.

Animeniax
Thu, 11-06-2008, 01:50 AM
4 years is plenty of time for her to learn and show people what she's capable of. Good start would be to run for the Senate or author some legislation relevant in the world stage to demonstrate her ability to lead. She could earn a college degree in political sciences or international affairs or just read a lot so she can not sound completely unintelligent in interviews and debates.

She'll also have name recognition from the 08 tour, so there's plenty of upside. It's her choice if she takes advantage of it or disappears like many candidates in the past.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 11-06-2008, 08:52 AM
I can't watch it now, but was everyone even asked the Palin question? Even so, I can imagine a situation where McCain was running against Clinton, and they'd vote for Clinton over McCain anyway. Maybe they even liked Obama because they thought he looked like a nice guy and felt he was trustworthy, issues aside. Either way, it's not neccessarily a race thing.

The editing of that segment and the comments on the blog are looking for an excuse to vent their frustration, and letting a race issue color (no pun intended) their judgement. It's ridiculous.

Posted this in the funny videos thread, but apparently McCain's own campaign felt the same way. Straight from the horses mouth, on the O'Reilly Factor earlier tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1KvgwTrpQE

Oh, it's definitely a race thing. I had an argument today with a few minorities (I'm black btw) about how Obama is actually not very different from any other hardline democrat, and the issue of taxation came up. At some point, I mentioned that taxation of the "rich" is actually an indirect taxation on everyone else. I would've also went into the economic infeasibility of Obama's proposed tax plan, but before that could happen, one of the persons logical faculties went haywire, and he retorted with "you make it seem like the white man deserves everything." It really was mostly just the two of us going back and forth...but at that statement, others joined in, along the same lines "so what if we're voting for him because he's black?"

All of a sudden, any discussion about any other issue (because race and racism is in fact an issue despite Obama making the smart political move by refraining from discussing it anymore than was absolutely necessary), including the one we started on, was impossible. The bullshit wasn't limited to that small group either. Others listening in started their own arguments over the race issue, in particular Obama's race. It was like a giant whirlpool of mindfail. You got close, you got dragged in. It's embarassing really. While I haven't the statistical data, nor the will to acquire it, I'm positive that MANY people voted on Obama's race alone, and I think it's to the point that you can say it's a problem.