PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 82

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-30-2008, 07:35 PM
http://www.dattebayo.com/t/

LaZie
Thu, 10-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Why is the file size so tiny? Looks suspicious...

redcat
Thu, 10-30-2008, 07:45 PM
was wondering the same thing.. i guess i'll find out in about 20 mins...

edit:

the ep was fine despite the small file size

in fact i would say this was the best episode in a long time, which is saying a lot for an episode that wasn't based around action.

the art, animation, sound, mood, and everything else was right on target. it was movie quality, and not the kind of "lol powerful cheesy moves galore" kind of movie. the entire episode had my full attention the whole time.

there was no toilet humor, naruto being stupid, or lame jokes. just quality entertainment, a rare treat from this series.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-30-2008, 08:27 PM
It's good to go.

----------------------------------------------
Well, this episode worked out better than what I thought. I expected some Kurenai crying, some stuff about how great Asuma was, more Shikamaru crying, the lot.

We got that, but not the typical long, dragged out version. Still a "mourning" episode, so no action, as expected. It's really good how everyone in Team 10 had the same mindset. We were looking over Shikamaru's shoulder, but everything that he felf would have equally been applied to the others. Finally getting over his death and realising the next course of action in such a timely and united way really shows how close they are and their will as a team.

Most well done part was @10:30-11:30. Shows you just how badass Shikamaru can be.

Jessper
Thu, 10-30-2008, 09:01 PM
The opening scene was wonderful.

Overall this was a well put together episode, as others have said, a real treat.

I loved Chouji's training grounds as well, neat atmosphere.

kmkze04
Thu, 10-30-2008, 09:27 PM
The episode's story was good. I still don't like the slow progression in general though. This episode could've been 20 episodes back if they cut the crap out.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 10-30-2008, 09:28 PM
More action not involving naruto in the future it looks like. But we still get Kakashi, sounds good to me.

Uberbaka
Thu, 10-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Amazing episode, didn't feel like what naruto has turned into at all lately to be honest and I hope they keep it this way.

And worth noting the scenes with his father, the villagers, choji in the training grounds and by the grave together etc were all filler (He sat at the shougi table alone). And they cut out several scenes of him smoking, but it was all wonderfully done so I can't complain.

Spaceaprion
Thu, 10-30-2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah, this episode had a lot of heart put into it. Almost felt like a completely different series compared to what we have been getting recently.

I especially liked the end part at the gate where Shikamaru lit the lighter, illuminating the resolve on their faces.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-30-2008, 10:06 PM
Fantastic. Just fantastic. Everything about it was just perfect.

I can't imagine how the cigarettes in the manga could be better than that lighter because that this in just awesome.

For one brief second, when Kakashi said, "So all they need is a fourth member right?" I was scared to death he was gonna suggest they take Naruto. But then when he volunteered him self...well, now THAT'S a fucking team right there. Shikamaru's tactics + kakashi's abilities? Hell yes!

Also, chakra blades for shikamaru? Dark element blades? Eeeeeeee!

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-30-2008, 11:27 PM
Fantastic episode. Great mood. Loved the villagers scenes as well.

Chouji's mom? WTF??

I specially liked the parts of the village Shikamaru walked through.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-30-2008, 11:31 PM
I forgot about the village scenes. I really hits home the message that no matter what happens, life moves on. You'll have time to mourn, and time when you should look towards a tomorrow.

It was also a chance for Shikamaru to survey the "king" that Asuma died to serve and protect. (still no official answer on this yet?)

Uzumaki
Fri, 10-31-2008, 04:41 AM
maybe I'm slow but what was that about Kakashi's injury? Forgot if he did that in a previous episode or not. :/

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-31-2008, 06:05 AM
It wasn't in the previous episode. He did hint that he was pleased with the result with Naruto's training while looking at his arm. I'd say Naruto sliced his hand up a bit when they had a RasenganXChidori clash.

That, or Kakashi tried a bit of elemental mixing himself and screwed up. The first theory makes more sense though. Makes you wonder if Naruto would come to their aid (on Tsunade's orders) and show us his new powerup.

After all, it only makes sense that you show the audience what the hype was all about after putting them through all those episodes of tiresome (to watch) training. Given Naruto's hit rate, it Shikamaru's Shadow Binding would definitely help.

(Only problem I have with that is that it means Shikamaru's plan failed, which would disappoint me somewhat.)

Pessu
Fri, 10-31-2008, 06:50 AM
I was hoping that Kurenai would take Asumas place for a while. We have not seen enough of her in action :<

Inazuma
Fri, 10-31-2008, 07:11 AM
Well I think other will agree on this, but Naruto's better than Bleach and I couldnt see that coming.

Really looking forward to Naruto again, it feels, nostalgic.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-31-2008, 10:06 AM
That, or Kakashi tried a bit of elemental mixing himself and screwed up. The first theory makes more sense though. I like that other theory better. He summons a clone and tries to make a lightning rasengan and botches it! It's better cause it's funnier.

Kraco
Fri, 10-31-2008, 10:47 AM
A really good episode. It makes me happy to be able to say this after the Asuma-Akatsuki fight, which left me unsatisfied. The artistic (direction included) aspect of this episode were pretty much perfect. No small thanks probably to the absence of one Naruto...

Who's Naruto's new captain, anyway? Maybe they pushed that troublemaker to Kurenai. Looking aftet that idiot is a full-time job, after all, so she would have no time to mourn Asuma too deeply and be lost in despair.

Abdula
Fri, 10-31-2008, 11:16 AM
I can't imagine how the cigarettes in the manga could be better than that lighter because that this in just awesome.
Well there is the fact that in the manga he had the cigarettes as well as the lighter, how do you think he lit the cigarettes. So he in fact had both and in that last scene where he said "Asuma is still with us" he was smoking just like Asuma was. From the time Asuma died Shikamaru always had a cigarette in his mouth. It was something to remind him of Asuma. It was pretty significant besides that there were times when they would show flashbacks of Asuma smoking along side Shikamaru smoking and there are even times when he actually talks about the cigarettes all that is going to be changed now. Its not really a bad thing, but you lose something by not having him smoke and always having a cigarette in his mouth was Asuma's thing.

Spoiler removed.
-Kraco

ASSpirine
Fri, 10-31-2008, 12:21 PM
it felt like an OVA to me, just like the wonderful OVA's of Kenshin. It had that feel

KrayZ33
Fri, 10-31-2008, 12:48 PM
It makes me sad to see something like this, because now I know what Naruto could have been like.... and I don't want to use the word "wasted" but why did they use such quality for a single episode were nothing really happened (action wise).

It would be soooo wonderfull if all naruto-episodes would be like this.
Kakashi looked so great.
I liked the scenes where the screen went black very much, for example when Shikamaru was equipping himself with weapons n stuff.. reminded me of some intro scenes from different games (for example like area 52) xD

really a *great* episode. This would have been a lot less sad and awesome with the normal naruto animation.

Kagari
Fri, 10-31-2008, 01:33 PM
Who's Naruto's new captain, anyway? Maybe they pushed that troublemaker to Kurenai.

I'm pretty sure he means Captain Yamato? With a new technique, and the danger of going 4-tails, I'm sure they don't want Yamato too far from him at any time...

especially with Akatsuki and Naruto's raging, Sasuke-induced emotions. If they even mention his name, those tails are coming out. Yamato needs to be close by at all times.

I agree with most here, a lovely episode, start to finish. I haven't felt emotion like this in a long, long time. I really did not expect to see InoShikaCho paired up with Kakashi...but I think the dynamic would be fun and effective. Can't wait!

I do have a side question; I've been having trouble with the video playback since they started this new format; I got the VLC player, and it ends up choppy, often freezing for several seconds when there's lots of movement or action on the screen. The audio keeps playing, and I end up missing all the action scenes. (or most of them)

I also have the classic media player, which works a BIT better, but I'm noticing some slowdown and some audio troubles once and a while. What am I doing wrong? Is there some new, special codec I need to make these things play like the old ones did?

Kraco
Fri, 10-31-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm pretty sure he means Captain Yamato? With a new technique, and the danger of going 4-tails, I'm sure they don't want Yamato too far from him at any time...

Yes, indeed. Now that you mentioned it, it's pretty obvious. It's just that since Naruto has been with Yamato already for quite a long time, I thought Kakashi's words meant some real change, but naturally for Ino-Shika-Cho it probably is news.

Darthmoe
Fri, 10-31-2008, 03:20 PM
This episode made me tear up, especially when Shikamaru was speaking with his father, and when Shikamaru visits Asuma's grave.

ASSpirine
Fri, 10-31-2008, 03:38 PM
I think everyone was a bit scared when they saw Chouji's mom for the first time :p
I didn't always liked the drawings, especially Chouji looked weird...

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-31-2008, 05:40 PM
Chouji always looks weird when he isn't wearing something on his head.

Actually, I think its that, he's always wearing something stupid on his head, and on the rare occasions that he isn't he looks normal, and we think that's werid.

Archangel
Fri, 10-31-2008, 07:14 PM
Now this is what i'm talking about, possibly the best episode in naruto shippuden so far, and it was almost purely filler.

The animation was so fucking fantastic, i wish they would keep it like that permanently or at least use it on all major episodes

Overall: 10/10

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 10-31-2008, 08:00 PM

especially with Akatsuki and Naruto's raging, Sasuke-induced emotions. If they even mention his name, those tails are coming out. Yamato needs to be close by at all times.

I agree with most here, a lovely episode, start to finish. I haven't felt emotion like this in a long, long time. I really did not expect to see InoShikaCho paired up with Kakashi...but I think the dynamic would be fun and effective. Can't wait!

I do have a side question; I've been having trouble with the video playback since they started this new format; I got the VLC player, and it ends up choppy, often freezing for several seconds when there's lots of movement or action on the screen. The audio keeps playing, and I end up missing all the action scenes. (or most of them)

I also have the classic media player, which works a BIT better, but I'm noticing some slowdown and some audio troubles once and a while. What am I doing wrong? Is there some new, special codec I need to make these things play like the old ones did?

Try something like this...

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Codec-Packs-Video-Codecs/FFDShow-MPEG-Video-Decoder.shtml

I just had to format my pc and I think that this was the one that I got. The last one that I had didnt format it right. so it was all scretched. This one seems to work well...

As for the ep, have to agree. Very good. Probably one of the best I have seen in a long time. Seems like anything with Shika is going to be good. He is one of the best characters hands down...

animus
Fri, 10-31-2008, 09:38 PM
I swear they must've had a different director just for this episode.

Episode carried a haunting air all throughout, very nice.

Abdula
Fri, 10-31-2008, 09:49 PM
You know what, every time there is an episode like this you guys are quick to get on the band wagon and then as soon as the action starts the quality drops way down again. Its almost like they make a trade off action for quality, you can't have both in the same episode.

Now this is what i'm talking about, possibly the best episode in naruto shippuden so far
How many times have you used this line?

I just hope that this time around, we don't see a huge drop in quality as soon as the action starts. The preview doesn't look too promising:(

Archangel
Fri, 10-31-2008, 09:50 PM
How many times have you used this line? I'm not trying to be an idiot or anything I just want an estimate.

You've gotten so good at it you dont't even have to try anymore do you? Check the posts if you want to, i haven't had many positive things to say about naruto in a long time.

I know.

Isn't there somewhere we can write to ask them to keep using this animation style? It's worth a shot...

animus
Fri, 10-31-2008, 09:58 PM
I didn't mean animation wise. It's obvious they spent a lot more time on this episode, and it shows. And not the usual stick figure fighting and rigid animation.

Atmosphere-wise, they had a lot of freedom and they used it well, which leads me to question if it's really the same director.

Abdula
Fri, 10-31-2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah when I said quality, I didn't mean just the animation.

Archangel
Fri, 10-31-2008, 10:39 PM
I didn't mean the episode was only good because of the animation, just that it was a big part of it.

I'm amazed at how they managed to make such an awesome episode using just 1 chapter, they even made the lack of cigarettes a little better by adding that night seen with the lighter illuminating their faces.

Kagari
Sat, 11-01-2008, 12:27 AM
Try something like this...

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multime...-Decoder.shtml

I just had to format my pc and I think that this was the one that I got. The last one that I had didnt format it right. so it was all scretched. This one seems to work well...

I love you! Big improvement! I owe you 1,000,000 cookies. Thanks!

Pandadice
Sat, 11-01-2008, 03:07 AM
awman, I loved this episode. This is probably one of my favorite naruto episodes ever. The visuals and camera angles were amazing. not just that, but really everything about it was great. when it started I didn't expect much, and I thought this was gonna be a super boring waste of an ep, but man, when it got to where he flipped the board, that was so amazing. then when he was figuring out the strategy, and then when he was equipping himself.. I really hope that they keep doing the episodes like this.. that would be so awesome.

Before this epsisode, in like, the build up ones to Asuma's death, whenever they'd have scenes where it seemed like the only point was to show off their animation quality and the amount of money they're able to spend on an episode, I really hated seeing it. I hated seeing the high quality visuals go to waste. but man, this episode was amazing. it didn't feel like a Naruto episode at all.

arondruiz
Sat, 11-01-2008, 03:59 AM

I decided to look around after this episode for some info because I was curious who did it too.

Supposedly the guy who directed this episode is the main character designer for the show, but he rarely shows up to direct episodes because he usually works on the openings. His only past episodes were 17, 19, 48, and 151 from Part 1.. This was his first episode in Shippuuden, since he didn't work on the current opening. He is also confirmed to be doing ep 85

I wish I hadn't read that last part, I've never wanted to see an episode as bad as I want to see 85 now :P

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-01-2008, 05:05 AM
Haha, now you've made me want to dig out all the bad ones, and find the guy responsible for those.

Uberbaka
Sat, 11-01-2008, 08:49 AM
What episodes were 17, 19, 48 and 151? The two first sound about Haku-arc-ish?

-edit-

Aha! Thought so.

17 "White Past: Hidden Ambition"

19 "The Demon in the Snow" (Last Zabuza episode which was fucking epic)

48 "Gaara vs. Rock Lee: The Power of Youth Explodes!" (epic)

151 "Blaze Away, Byakugan! This is My Ninja Way!" (Hinata Bug hunt filler? wtf?)

Xyrox
Sat, 11-01-2008, 09:10 AM
OK, I love that guy. 17 and 19 were indeed the end of the Haku-arc, and 48 Lee vs Gaara. Not sure about 151 but I think it was the "find the bug" filler arc.

This episode was amazing. It did feel like an OVA, as someone said.

animus
Sat, 11-01-2008, 09:21 AM
The Gaara vs Lee episode was pretty epic. The visuals were pretty superb.

Kraco
Sat, 11-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Not sure about 151 but I think it was the "find the bug" filler arc.

I checked the old thread from 2005, and #151 was the ep where Naruto farted on the bug that supposedly can find anything anywhere in the world based on smell. Or something like that. It was a dreadful episode, but to be honest I don't think Tarantino himself could have made a good episode out of that script.

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-01-2008, 11:39 AM
I think the real problem is they don't let the guy in the original Naruto that did the animation for most of the series best fights(Sasuke vs. Oro, 3rd vs. Oro., Naruto vs. Sasuke 2)doesn't get to do them very much. I think the same guy did one or two episodes of the Sakura vs. Satori battle, but other than that, he hasn't gotten to do anything else. And while the art quality takes a nosedive when he does a fight scene, the animation jumps up so much that you don't even notice it.
I didn't mean the episode was only good because of the animation, just that it was a big part of it.

I'm amazed at how they managed to make such an awesome episode using just 1 chapter, they even made the lack of cigarettes a little better by adding that night seen with the lighter illuminating their faces.Thank god not every manga reader has blinders on. I just read this chapter, and honestly, the anime version is WAY better. Yeah, on a whole, I'm sure the anime isn't as good, but I'm glad when the anime does something right, someone is able to admit it.

Archangel
Sat, 11-01-2008, 06:03 PM
That had alot to do with the dude that directed ender.

I just rewatched all the episodes mentioned and wow... the animation on all of those was simply amazing, this guy really knows his stuff

So he's directing 85 eh... if my math is about right he's gonna make an epic episode even more epic.

lilphatboi88
Sun, 11-02-2008, 01:06 AM
thanks for giving it away man

Archangel
Sun, 11-02-2008, 11:14 AM
thanks for giving it away man

I'm sorry for telling you that episode 85 is gonna be a good one?

KrayZ33
Sun, 11-02-2008, 12:49 PM
I just hope that this time around, we don't see a huge drop in quality as soon as the action starts. The preview doesn't look too promising:(

I just wanted to quote that, because this is how it always had been..
1-2 good eps 10-20 shitty eps.

and I doubt that it will be different this time.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 11-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Seems though I'm the only one who wasn't too impressed with this ep. Sure it had good animation/artwork, but for me the music used at times was anti-climactic, and the episode didn't quite flow story wise.

Also, seeing Shikamaru without the cigarette is a let down. The lighter is a cheap replacement, and doesn't have the same effect as the ciggie did.

lilphatboi88
Sun, 11-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Yeah, now I know what to expect. There's probably going to be another battle. I"ll think of more later.

Kraco
Sun, 11-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Yeah, now I know what to expect. There's probably going to be another battle. I"ll think of more later.

No way! A battle in Naruto? I thought I've been watching a romance-comedy all this time. No wonder the romances seemed to move nowhere if this is a fighting anime instead. Damn.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 11-02-2008, 02:24 PM

I'm amazed at how they managed to make such an awesome episode using just 1 chapter, they even made the lack of cigarettes a little better by adding that night seen with the lighter illuminating their faces.

Wouldve had the same effect if Shikamaru went to light one up at that moment. Still a bullshit move to remove cigs. Japan doesn't make sense, its okay for them to put him smoking in a weekly manga thats read like its the words of Buddha, but not in a damn TV show. Anyone ever watch thankyou for smoking? Was just on last night, but its a great movie it makes a lot of sense to me. If you're worried about your kids smoking because of what they see on TV youre a bad parent. Try talking to your kids about the dangers of it and why they shouldn't but don't try to run their lives and shelter them from everything in the world thats potentially dangerous.

I wonder if he's gonna keep the lighter or toss it at the end of the arc... if he lives through this next fight... wouldn't make much sense if he tosses it, he'll probably give it to Kurenai.

lilphatboi88
Sun, 11-02-2008, 08:42 PM
No way! A battle in Naruto? I thought I've been watching a romance-comedy all this time. No wonder the romances seemed to move nowhere if this is a fighting anime instead. Damn.

You mean you miss ALL the romance that's going on between the characters?

There's Asuma and Kurenai who were about to get married, but Asuma dies in the line of duty due to the war with Akatsuki.

Then there's been the 3 way love triangle, possibly 4 now because of Sai, Sakura, Sasuke and Naruto.

Also, Shikamaru and the fan girl of the Sand? Wowwww.

animus
Sun, 11-02-2008, 08:48 PM
You mean you miss ALL the romance that's going on between the characters?

There's Asuma and Kurenai who were about to get married, but Asuma dies in the line of duty due to the war with Akatsuki.

Then there's been the 3 way love triangle, possibly 4 now because of Sai, Sakura, Sasuke and Naruto.

Also, Shikamaru and the fan girl of the Sand? Wowwww.

You're hilarious. :rolleyes:

lilphatboi88
Sun, 11-02-2008, 09:55 PM
You're hilarious. :rolleyes:

Thanks! How'd you know?

It can't be what I said...can it?

Abdula
Sun, 11-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Seems though I'm the only one who wasn't too impressed with this ep. Sure it had good animation/artwork, but for me the music used at times was anti-climactic, and the episode didn't quite flow story wise.

Also, seeing Shikamaru without the cigarette is a let down. The lighter is a cheap replacement, and doesn't have the same effect as the ciggie did.
No you weren't the only one. It was an okay episode but I just skipped over some parts because it was so boring and the entire time I couldn't help but think why didn't they put all this effort into an episode where something actually happens.

Seriously that is what I got from this episode. They were just letting us know that, yes we are capable of doing a good job but we're just lazy and you're gonna keep watching anyway, right.

lilphatboi88
Mon, 11-03-2008, 01:08 AM
I too agree that the episode wasn't as good as everybody thinks, but still, I can see why they did.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 11-04-2008, 03:10 AM
Wouldve had the same effect if Shikamaru went to light one up at that moment. Still a bullshit move to remove cigs. Japan doesn't make sense, its okay for them to put him smoking in a weekly manga thats read like its the words of Buddha, but not in a damn TV show. Anyone ever watch thankyou for smoking? Was just on last night, but its a great movie it makes a lot of sense to me. If you're worried about your kids smoking because of what they see on TV youre a bad parent. Try talking to your kids about the dangers of it and why they shouldn't but don't try to run their lives and shelter them from everything in the world thats potentially dangerous.

I wonder if he's gonna keep the lighter or toss it at the end of the arc... if he lives through this next fight... wouldn't make much sense if he tosses it, he'll probably give it to Kurenai.Honestly though...the idea that, he's gonna take up smoking to remember Asuma...that's just so stupid.

I guess he's lucky Asuma's wasn't smoking crack during his downtime.

Uberbaka
Tue, 11-04-2008, 04:17 AM
First of all, I like how it's done with the lighter. I am very pleased with it and wasn't really expecting to see the sigs in the anime. Just like with the Neji swastika.

However.

Don't you know how much smell affects your memory? Like when you smell something you haven't smelt for years and it all comes rushing back? Same with taste, and with this case how it stings his eyes. The point is that he hates it, but still does it for the memory. That's what makes it so powerful in the manga.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 11-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Don't you know how much smell affects your memory? Like when you smell something you haven't smelt for years and it all comes rushing back? Same with taste, and with this case how it stings his eyes. The point is that he hates it, but still does it for the memory. That's what makes it so powerful in the manga.

Have you not turned off your rep, you would have gotten a nice green one from me.

This is by far the most reasonable explanation.

Of course, emotional scenes like this don't have to be backed by reason to work, but yours works.

Good job.

Kraco
Tue, 11-04-2008, 07:40 AM
So, this is something like missing a wasp that had bothered you for hours when it's finally gone, just because it had become a part of your life, eh? I don't know how it was in the manga, but in the anime Shikamaru clearly didn't like smoking, and it would be beyond odd for him to start to smoke just to remember Asuma better. He was always the logical fellow, thinking before acting and analysing even feelings. Unless he would have made a conscious break from that core aspect of his personality, it would have been a personality breach.

Unless it's some psychological mumbo jumbo of him "becoming" Asuma for the duration of this revenge trip. Well, I guess that could be it, and it could even work.

arondruiz
Tue, 11-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Anyone who's upset about him not smoking should've known better, it's 100% impossible for them to show it.. TV Tokyo just won't let them and you should know why.

However, if they don't add it on the DVD's then everyone has the right to be pissed, I know I will.

Archangel
Tue, 11-04-2008, 10:17 AM
So, this is something like missing a wasp that had bothered you for hours when it's finally gone, just because it had become a part of your life, eh? I don't know how it was in the manga, but in the anime Shikamaru clearly didn't like smoking, and it would be beyond odd for him to start to smoke just to remember Asuma better. He was always the logical fellow, thinking before acting and analysing even feelings. Unless he would have made a conscious break from that core aspect of his personality, it would have been a personality breach.

Unless it's some psychological mumbo jumbo of him "becoming" Asuma for the duration of this revenge trip. Well, I guess that could be it, and it could even work.

That's what made it so powerful. He admits it with the first one he smokes that he hates cigarettes but he keeps doing it in the next chapters because it's a tribute and a way for him to remember his fallen master.

And don't give me that, the most analytical of all would still break down to an insane revenge-hungry numskull after having his father figure killed in front of him. If anything we should be impressed that shikamaru actually came up with a plan before setting out to take out akatsuki.

lilphatboi88
Tue, 11-04-2008, 10:48 AM
I think this is all similar to the concept - like how everyone says "When I grow up, I don't want to be like my parents" but no matter how hard they try, a lot of the times they end up just like them.

Kraco
Tue, 11-04-2008, 11:36 AM
And don't give me that, the most analytical of all would still break down to an insane revenge-hungry numskull after having his father figure killed in front of him. If anything we should be impressed that shikamaru actually came up with a plan before setting out to take out akatsuki.

Oh, I have nothing against this private revenge at all. In fact I think that's the most intelligent thing he could even do, especially now that they have someone of real power with them: Kakashi. Tsunade herself seems to be far too content with sitting in the safety of Konoha and letting Akatsuki rule the lands around. I guess she has never heard of the saying that an attack is the best defense. It's too funny how this group of super criminal has been around who knows how many years and nobody has given shit... Or only a half-assed effort when they massacre and burn down a temple full of monks.

I almost hope Sai's former geezer boss had been elected Hokage instead of Tsunade. We would have been seeing more active efforts to solve the Akatsuki issue once and for all.

yapchagi
Tue, 11-04-2008, 10:40 PM
next ep will be thrilled..when the fight starts that is.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 11-04-2008, 11:45 PM
l after having his father figure killed in front of him.Umm, whats wrong with Shikamaru's actual dad that he needed to use Asuma as a surrogate.

Abdula
Tue, 11-04-2008, 11:50 PM
You know you talk about the manga readers having "blinders" on but I think maybe you should take yours off first.

Just think back to all the times we've seen Shikamaru interact with his dad, and you'll get an answer to your question.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Umm, whats wrong with Shikamaru's actual dad that he needed to use Asuma as a surrogate.

l after having his godfather figure killed in front of him.

There. All better?

Jessper
Wed, 11-05-2008, 01:49 AM
If Kakashi dies I expect Naruto to wear an eye patch.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-05-2008, 02:21 AM
If Kakashi dies I expect Naruto to wear an eye patch.

Nah. He'll have to read Ecchi books. Reading Ecchi reminds him of Kakashi.

Dark Dragon
Wed, 11-05-2008, 03:13 AM
Nah. He'll have to read Ecchi books. Reading Ecchi reminds him of Kakashi.

Wouldn't that be something more closely associate to Jiraiya? especially since he's probably more like a father figure to Naruto than Kakashi is.

While we're on the subject, what would Sakura do if Tsunade ever kick the bucket? grow giant breasts?

Kraco
Wed, 11-05-2008, 04:01 AM
Wouldn't that be something more closely associate to Jiraiya? especially since he's probably more like a father figure to Naruto than Kakashi is.

It's slightly different since Jiraiya is the one writing the books, not reading them all the time like Kakashi. And Naruto won't ever have the wits to write a book of any kind. It must be a struggle for him to write his own name.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-05-2008, 04:16 AM

It will be a habit of Jiraiya's, so that would mean peaking at women.

While we're on the subject, what would Sakura do if Tsunade ever kick the bucket? grow giant breasts?

Either gamble and suck, or become an alcoholic.

It's slightly different since Jiraiya is the one writing the books, not reading them all the time like Kakashi. And Naruto won't ever have the wits to write a book of any kind. It must be a struggle for him to write his own name.

Wasn't it in a filler episode or something where the Lord mistook Naruto's work for Jiraiya's?

DB_Hunter
Thu, 11-06-2008, 03:07 PM
If Kakashi dies, I seriously expect Naruto to go even more emo than Sasuke and not rest until whoever killed Kakashi is dead.

Archangel
Thu, 11-06-2008, 04:08 PM
If Kakashi dies, I seriously expect Naruto to go even more emo than Sasuke and not rest until whoever killed Kakashi is dead.

More emo than Sasuke?

"Does not compute...."