PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 423

Yukimura
Thu, 10-30-2008, 10:09 AM
Multiple early releases!

Naruto c423 LQ Red Hawk - Mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ciz05zzjtgi)

Naruto c423 LQ Red Hawk - Megaupload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1YFJVBX6)

Naruto c423 Franky House & thefolenangel - Megaupload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B9B72U8M)

Naruto c423 Anonymous-x - Mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/?qwo5tnzmjn2)

Naruto c423 Anonymous-x - Sendspace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/10sx6w)

I recommend Anonymous-x.

As to the chapter, ZOMG drama.
ZOMG!

Abdula
Thu, 10-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Wow, that was really good. Kakashi and Pain are both showing us their worth and it seems Naruto can sense a disturbance in the force. It would really be a shame if Kakashi died though, because then Pain would really be the only character I have left.

I still don't see how they are going to defeat him though, and at this point I don't even see Naruto and a crazy flying rasengan making any difference either.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 10-30-2008, 10:36 AM
That WAS really good...but this manga isn't THAT good...not good enough to kill off a character like Kakashi in a fight where he hasn't used his trump card. I mean, is it? Maybe the manga's getting better...Kakashi...:( .

animus
Thu, 10-30-2008, 10:51 AM
I believe there's a 99% chance Kakashi's not gonna die. He's too much a staple of the series to be killed off.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 10-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Nailed him!

I Think that he took out the sharingan eye, it's serious enough to render Kakashi dead, but not too dead to bring out more shit when Kishi runs out of ideas...
as much as I'm enjoying this Kakashi action, I can't help but notice that Payne is now acting like some one-trick-pony from magic-town. can't he jump? kick? dodge? do something that isn't push&repel. and this is the mega-Payne, right? (at least until we find out that Zetsu is sharing his body with Payne's spirit).

I'm still liking this, despite all.
and it seems that rai-bunshin takes half of Kakashi chackra? wasn't Kakashi able to do chidori two times a day before the time jump? , just throwing numbers around, one rai-clone counts as five Chidoris, while people throw water clones like crap, makes me wonder what other clones can do, and how much they cost.

animus
Thu, 10-30-2008, 11:49 AM
I think Kakashi said he could do 5-6 Raikiri's, 2 was Sasuke's limit during the Chuunin exam.

Idealistic
Thu, 10-30-2008, 11:55 AM
But Kakashi hasn't even used MS yet! He should just blast Pain away with that hax. You can't tell me that Pain can repel that.

As for Naruto beating Pain.... I'm assuming everyone is going to find out how to defeat Pain, but by the time they do, lots of deaths and lots of tired people, then Naruto will have a fight with Pain and defeat him. I seriously don't see Naruto figuring out how to beat Pain by himself. Unless it's something so easy that only an idiot could figure it out, just like that one riddle where nobody at Princeton or whatever couldn't figure it out, but kindergartens could.

Death13a
Thu, 10-30-2008, 01:32 PM
It was illusion that Kakashi showed Pain. And for how much clones are worth of chackra is for mangaka to decide for given situation.

darkshadow
Thu, 10-30-2008, 01:52 PM
A hero can't die without a small monologue, its either an illusion or he simply got nailed in the eye, still awesome chapter.

animus
Thu, 10-30-2008, 02:52 PM
It was probably his MS genjutsu or something taking effect, since as he was hitting the blocking Pein with a Raikiri he was saying C'mon, and on the last page he was wondering if he was too late or some such.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 10-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Good stuff, but you know this Pein body is going down. Obviously it won't be enough to defeat THE Pein, because thanks to Jiraiya we know he isn't with them.

I reckon this Pein is about to get blown away, which will in turn disrupt the chakra transmission to the other Pein's, causing them to retreat. Kakashi will be knocked out for a week again.

Archangel
Thu, 10-30-2008, 04:07 PM
It was probably his MS genjutsu or something taking effect, since as he was hitting the blocking Pein with a Raikiri he was saying C'mon, and on the last page he was wondering if he was too late or some such.

Kakashi only has 1 MS so can he really do both ninjutsu and genjutsu doujutsu?

[QUOTE=Death BOO Z
and it seems that rai-bunshin takes half of Kakashi chackra? [/QUOTE]

Nah that was just bad translation. in fact he said that after fighting pain for all that time he only had half of his chakra left ( that includes the clone, the raikiris, etc. )

I do hope that kakashi isn't dead, and he probably isn't.

In my opinion if anyone is gonna kill kakashi is gonna be toby because i think he really is obito ( and madara, and the mizukage, and the 4th hokage, and pikachu, etc. )

Death BOO Z
Thu, 10-30-2008, 04:16 PM
point taken, still, it implies that a rai-clone takes a considerable amount of his chackra, even after he went through the level up in the time skip. which can explain why he never used it before (he didn't have enough chackra). I'm still afraid of seeing a light energy bunshin, or a sharingan clone.

this better not be an illusion, I hate it when Kishi draws someone getting imperially owned and then makes him fine.

also, I suggest that everyone who goes around in the anime forum starts using the term nailed\nailing when talking about Kakashi. as in "man! this filler dude looks tough! I bet he can nail kakashi like shit!" or "that was a witty dialog, dude just nailed Kakashi!".

Archangel
Thu, 10-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Understandable. We will probably see a light clone in some filler arc and the sharingan clone... who knows.

I wouldn't say it's an illusion but it probably wasn't a fatal attack, maybe he just took out his sharingan so he could kill kakashi up close and personal since he seems to like doing that.

" I bet kakazu is gonna nail kakashi's ass with his combination jutsu " - How is that?

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Great chapter thanks to Kakashi and Pein.
The Akimichi's were just being cannon fodder.

As much as I wished Kakashi to die, he won't. If someone is to die in this battle it will be Tsunade.

Abdula
Thu, 10-30-2008, 04:54 PM
I don't know what Kakashi meant before about being able to store his chakra but his capacity must have gone up a great deal. We've seen him use raikiri a few times, raikiri inu and the lightning clone and that was only half his chakra.

Anyway I don't know how but I completely forgot that Kakashi has MS, so he might actually have a chance here.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 10-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah, like rip Pein's head off and send to another dimension.

Sidnne
Thu, 10-30-2008, 06:16 PM
There's just no way that I'll believe Kakashi to be dead yet. As Ryouga said, the only one I expect to die here is Tsunade. This battle is a chance for Kakashi to shine and show off his abilities to prove that he is worthy to become the next Hokage when Tsunade is killed.

Kakashi has been setting up traps for Pein this entire fight; it's hard to believe that isn't another of them.

Archangel
Thu, 10-30-2008, 06:17 PM
I don't know what Kakashi meant before about being able to store his chakra but his capacity must have gone up a great deal. We've seen him use raikiri a few times, raikiri inu and the lightning clone and that was only half his chakra.

Anyway I don't know how but I completely forgot that Kakashi has MS, so he might actually have a chance here.

I'm not sure what you're talking about but we've already seen an example of chakra storage, tsunade's seal on her forehead.

Not if that sharingan just got poked with a flying nail

Abdula
Thu, 10-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Oh yeah there is that. But since when has Kakashi been doing that and what method has he been using. Seriously this guy has more tricks up his sleeve than Houdini.

It would be cool and all but Kakashi losing to a nail, just doesn't sound plausible now does it.

SilentSnake
Thu, 10-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Kakashi losing to a nail, just doesn't sound plausible now does it.

Hafta agree with that:F

Wasn't Kakashi supposed to have an important event this year?

If Kishi meant it was his death I guess that was pretty retarded, especially if this "important event" was dying because of a nail in ones' skull :\

it can be a kage bunshin as far as I know - they are real body with chakra and fool even h4x sharingan users.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 10-30-2008, 08:29 PM
This was supposed to be a sad year for Kakashi and a year where Sasuke was developed. He actually said that Naruto's development will have to wait until all this is done, and since the year is almost up I think whatever is going to happen with Kakashi will happen sooner rather than later.

So far we have seen Sasuke develop, and now Kakashi is beginning to get airtime. Maybe someone or some people close to Kakashi will die, like Gai. And we can also assume that everything Naruto is learning right now with the old frog doesn't really count as development in Kishi's eyes.

Now that either means that Naruto is going to go through another whole round of training soon after this, or that his character is finally going to get developed personality wise. I suspect it is going to be the latter.

Prof. Chaos
Thu, 10-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Talking about his chakra levels, back during the Oro vs 3rd fight, the 3rd was able to use the clones and distribute as much chakra as he wanted to each. Naruto throws them out left and right and they always die after a single hit cause there is nothing there. If Naruto were to focus, I'm sure his clones could stick around and do major damage. But with Kakashi, he would have to pour more chakra into the clone so that it would take more hits and in general do more juitsus. Just like the 3rd, the clones are able to do everything the original can, just their supply of chakra limits their abilities.

Sorry if this seems like a ramble.

RyougaZell
Thu, 10-30-2008, 09:56 PM
This was supposed to be a sad year for Kakashi and a year where Sasuke was developed. He actually said that Naruto's development will have to wait until all this is done, and since the year is almost up I think whatever is going to happen with Kakashi will happen sooner rather than later.

So far we have seen Sasuke develop, and now Kakashi is beginning to get airtime. Maybe someone or some people close to Kakashi will die, like Gai. And we can also assume that everything Naruto is learning right now with the old frog doesn't really count as development in Kishi's eyes.

Now that either means that Naruto is going to go through another whole round of training soon after this, or that his character is finally going to get developed personality wise. I suspect it is going to be the latter.

Wasn't Sakura supposed to have a big event also?
Like her master dieing... so we can get rid of the last Sannin.

Rikudo
Thu, 10-30-2008, 10:36 PM
I think Kakashi is preparing to summon his petz dog. Just like the Zabuza fight, it looks like Kakashi was done for when he got hit with the sword. Now that we see blood pouring out of his head, its dog pound time. And if that doesn't work, MS sharingan time.

Also, Pein doesn't seem too godly now, he's rushing to get rid of Kakashi after seeing what he's capable of. From now on, Pein = Magneto faggot.

Abdula
Thu, 10-30-2008, 10:43 PM
Yet another pointless post, eh Rikudo.

Why the hell would he waste his chakra to summon dogs. What are the dogs going to be able to do what the akimichis, raikiri, raikiri inu, a bunch of random ninjas and Kakashi himself couldn't do. Not to mention that the very reason he couldn't escape is because Pain had him pinned down so how is he gonna make the seals or use the scroll to summon them.

Secondly Pain is straight dominating these guys and why the hell wouldn't he try and eliminate his enemies as quickly as possible?

I can't help but notice that Payne is now acting like some one-trick-pony from magic-town. can't he jump? kick? dodge? do something that isn't push&repel. and this is the mega-Payne, right?
But we already saw him jump, dodge, kick and do something that isn't just push and repel, or does your memory not go back beyond the current chapter.:p

Rikudo
Thu, 10-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Yet, another pointless reply, eh Abdula lalalalalah!

Haven't you noticed that Kakashi wanted to pin down Pein, and who's better to do that than his dog poundz. Here let me simplify it for you, "pack of dogs hold down Pein, Kakashi finished him with Raikiri or other finishing move.

Abdula
Thu, 10-30-2008, 11:36 PM
Oh okay, did you happen to forget the "force field" around Pain that is preventing even Kakashi's raikiri from getting through or are the dogs somehow going to be immune to that:rolleyes:

Why do I even bother.

Rikudo
Thu, 10-30-2008, 11:43 PM
If Kakashi's raikiri can't pierce Pein, then why did he use the "other" Pein to block Kakashi's attack? Also, there's a window to when Pein can use his repel/pull attack and I'm not sure if you've seen a real dog in person but they are known for being relentless.

jeez, why do I even bother riding a taxi.

Abdula
Thu, 10-30-2008, 11:49 PM
You do know you answered your own question right. Anyway perhaps you should I dunno reread the last four chapters and then let us know what your next idea is, or find some way to convince me that summoning Kakashi's puppies, and thats what they would be to Pain, is a good idea or how Pain would let Kakashi's puppies hold him down while Kakashi puts a raikiri through him, when as you pointed out he has other bodies out there. Bodies that can see what he is seeing no less.

Rikudo
Thu, 10-30-2008, 11:57 PM
How about you reread the whole series, and this time in Arab so you don't get lost in translation.

Okay back to manga, I'm not here to convince you to give me a free ride on your taxi. All I'm saying is what I think, you can either agree or disagree like most people here think about your post.

The "other" Pein was available to use as a shield when Kakashi surprise Pein with the raikiri. If Kakashi is able to pull another surprise, I'm not sure if Pein can pull something/someone in time to block this time around.

Abdula
Fri, 10-31-2008, 12:01 AM
Oh so thats what you meant with your taxi comment. Kinda racist don't you think. Anyway I'm not even Arabic I just like Abdula and what Abdullah means. But yeah real nice.

Rikudo
Fri, 10-31-2008, 12:08 AM
That's your prerogative. Unlike you, I'm not a troll who post nonstop condescending people. I post what I think regarding the manga. I don't claim anything as concrete, just my thought.

Anyways, I'll edit my earlier post that doesn't have anything to do with the chapter. I don't feel good beating down on the homeless per say.

David Craft
Fri, 10-31-2008, 12:32 AM
Jeez, get a room you two!

Anyways as stated above, until I see a whole chapter of Kakashi's (or any one else's) life I don't see any one dying. Also there was 'Kakashi Gaiden 1', doesn't that mean a '2' is in order at some point? *shrugs* AND it still hasn't answered how he got the MS.

We will just have to wait till next week to see though wont we.

~David

Zhan
Fri, 10-31-2008, 03:04 AM
Kakashi probably wouldn't die now, I don't think Kishi would kill off two main characters (Jiraiya) in the span of 10 chapters or something.

I think Kakashi pulled off a MS and transported that nail off to some other dimension. Firstly he couldnt have dodged it, because he said so, and secondly it wouldn't be a bunshin, because if it was he wouldn't be thinking "Oh I can't dodge that" I dunno.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 10-31-2008, 07:50 AM
Do I think Kakashi is going to die....NO.

Do I think that Kakashi got his MS on before the attack....Yes

Do I think that it would be cool if Kakashi actually did lose the Sharingan....YES!

If Kakashi lost the sharingan that would be almost on the same level as Gaara losing his Bujuu, he would have to train a little harder, but I dont think that he would be affected THAT much. I mean it is nice to have the Sharingan, but he rarely uses it, and although it is essential when using raikiri but he could do without it.

Either way you look at it, some people are gonna have to die, and some are going to have to get fucked up. That is the way it has to be, and I cant wait!

Archangel
Fri, 10-31-2008, 09:18 AM
If Kakashi lost the sharingan that would be almost on the same level as Gaara losing his Bujuu, he would have to train a little harder, but I dont think that he would be affected THAT much. I mean it is nice to have the Sharingan, but he rarely uses it, and although it is essential when using raikiri but he could do without it.

Dude...

- There is no amount of training that can make up for the loss of the sharingan

- He uses it in every single important fight he has

- ... no he couldn't, the raikiri would be countered just as easily as naruto's rasengan if kakashi didn't have the sharingan ( go read the gaiden )

If he does lose the sharingan at any point it will be in the end, when he doesn't have to fight anymore ( either a happy ending or him dying )

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 10-31-2008, 09:49 AM
Dude...

- There is no amount of training that can make up for the loss of the sharingan

- He uses it in every single important fight he has

- ... no he couldn't, the raikiri would be countered just as easily as naruto's rasengan if kakashi didn't have the sharingan ( go read the gaiden )

If he does lose the sharingan at any point it will be in the end, when he doesn't have to fight anymore ( either a happy ending or him dying )

That is kind of negative to say that Kaskashi is only a good ninja because of his Sharingan. Yeah he uses it well, but to say that he would be done without it just basically proclaims that he isnt a good ninja at all...

Abdula
Fri, 10-31-2008, 09:54 AM
He didn't say that Kakashi is only a good ninja because of the sharingan, but without it Kakashi wouldn't be that much of threat and he certainly wouldn't be able to keep up with Akatsuki level ninjas. The sharingan is what makes Kakashi, Kakashi.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-31-2008, 11:16 AM
stop doing it. please
you're ruining an excellent chapter. let Kakashi kick the bucket, finally. he took out one Payne, and that's far more than we've expected of him.

Kakashi lost his eye, let it be. he was far behind his expiry date as a fighting character anyways.
He can still train Naruto and speak words of wisdom, he just can't fight around like he used to, maybe he'll have to stick to training genins (like he never did before Naruto's team).

However, I think that Payne might not rush into other fights against mega-ninjas right now. he lost one body, and didn't get information about Naruto yet. I'm guessing he'll want to keep at least one diversion body if he's ambushed on the way back, so he can spare just one more body for the village itself.
Abdula, I was commenting that this version of Payne uses a single trick the entire battle. seriously, he's a god level ninja, is it so hard for him to dodge the two rolling fat asses? heck, even Dosu, who was far inferior to just about anyone (I'd place him around Naruto overall level of skill in that time) managed to counter attack Chouji.
back when Payne was fighting Jiraya, he was merely shooting out overly complicated jutsus for trivial manners, this time he doesn't even try to impress us. his array of attacks is as verse as one of the sound nins (and this is the freckin' main body! don't forget).

all in all, it's another good chapter, which makes this a really good naruto month.

Abdula
Fri, 10-31-2008, 11:54 AM
he took out one Payne, and that's far more than we've expected of him.
But we don't know that. He stabbed one Pain through the heart with Raikiri, Jiraiya impaled two of them and they got back up moments later, so until we see something more Kakashi really hasn't done anything.

Abdula, I was commenting that this version of Payne uses a single trick the entire battle. seriously, he's a god level ninja, is it so hard for him to dodge the two rolling fat asses?
And this (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/420/08/) is what I meant by your memory not going back beyond the current chapter. We've seen him jump, kick, dodge and even beat Kakashi in a taijutsu battle and stab him with a sword just three chapters ago not to mention pulling the Jedi mind trick on him.

I don't think the fact that he is just focusing here on using this one trick is a bad thing, since it is getting the job done. So why fix something if it isn't broke?

Uberbaka
Fri, 10-31-2008, 12:49 PM
If he loses his sharingan (which would be cool), does he still retain all the jutsus he's copied over the years?

Not quite sure where dbz is getting his facts from though... We've had enough lame "Oh, but that wasn't really him" chapters to entirely undermine anything shown in this manga.

Assertn
Fri, 10-31-2008, 12:58 PM
So wait....what was the indication that kakashi's sharingan was hit?

Archangel
Fri, 10-31-2008, 01:11 PM

The fact that any other part of the head would be an instant kill ( except if he caught it with his mouth, what would actually be kind of cool )

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-31-2008, 01:12 PM
If he loses his sharingan (which would be cool), does he still retain all the jutsus he's copied over the years?

Not quite sure where dbz is getting his facts from though... We've had enough lame "Oh, but that wasn't really him" chapters to entirely undermine anything shown in this manga.

Blind hope
(he won't lose the jutsus, of course, the sharingan actually lets him 'learn' them, not just mirror them)

Blind hope. also, his blood drenched silhouette face isn't blood drenched enough for a nail flying through his skull, but is perfect for a lost eye (there's a trail of blood that looks like tears).

Blind hope is a much better name for next weeks chapter, isn't it?

itadakimasu
Fri, 10-31-2008, 01:59 PM
kakashi's sharingan will be shattered and he will get a 2nd wind... reach into pains skull and claim a rennigan eye!

i kind of think he's dead. which, is sad because kakashi is such a big charactor to be killing off. He did have pain in a pinch though, and nearly had him> took out one of his bodies at least.

now, with naruto i was a little worried when the frog mentioned something about fusion training. FUUUU.... SioooooN.... HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 10-31-2008, 02:01 PM

Could be a big difference if it was his other eye that got hit...;)

chet_chetty
Fri, 10-31-2008, 09:05 PM
anyone want to make any predictions if either he loses his regular eye or he loses his sharingan eye?

DB_Hunter
Fri, 10-31-2008, 09:50 PM
The fact that any other part of the head would be an instant kill ( except if he caught it with his mouth, what would actually be kind of cool )

Now that would be interesting. Even more so if his normal eye is the one that got hit, so he will have one Rinnengan and one Sharingan.

Archangel
Fri, 10-31-2008, 09:55 PM
Now that would be interesting. Even more so if his normal eye is the one that got hit, so he will have one Rinnengan and one Sharingan.

In that case kakashi would kick major ass... for about 5 seconds.

With his chakra suply, the strain of having 2 eyes that weren't supposed to be there would make him last about 2 pages or a 30 minute episode

poopdeville
Fri, 10-31-2008, 10:09 PM
Pein seems to pass the Rinnegan around to lots of people who were never "supposed" to have it.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 10-31-2008, 10:18 PM
maybe thats what the chakra receivers are needed for...

FireEmblem
Sat, 11-01-2008, 04:15 AM
So after lurking on these boards for years, I finally mustered the un-laziness to register! Woohoo!

So my theory about Pain (this is unrelated to the chapter sort of) is that he's got some sort of "machine god" properties about him. I first thought about that as a brief possibility in one slide from the manga that stuck out in my head.
http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/327/16/ (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/327/16)
That statue just projects a really strong image in my head, especially because it has the Rinnegan (as far as we know it's just a statue, so that doesn't necessarily mean anything really). Then coupled with the fact that when they show Pain before the Jiraya fight, he's coming out of some like chambers and stuff. And now this chakra receiver thing too.

I'm just thinking of the possibility that Nagato is channeling his chakra through that idol/statue out to the different Pains.

And damn the past few chapters have been tense as hell! Kind of lame though how these other ninjas get 1-shotted by Pain's gravity. Damn fodder.

Psyke
Sat, 11-01-2008, 07:57 AM
Pein seems to pass the Rinnegan around to lots of people who were never "supposed" to have it.

So, Kakashi might be a new Pain?

chet_chetty
Sat, 11-01-2008, 11:53 AM
I think Kakashi may have used his MS to send the nail to another dimension. I can't imagine another way for him to get out of this situation sans epic save by another character.

Patriot
Sat, 11-01-2008, 04:57 PM
So after lurking on these boards for years, I finally mustered the un-laziness to register! Woohoo!

Damn trolls just eating up bandwidth, i mean seriously....

:D

Wow, did I not see that coming, we were just having this discussion about Kakashi not dying because of the lack of foreshawdoing. If he really is gone, it would have been better to let him use all his attacks, MS, teleportation, and even some new hidden attack and then still fail. That would have been a much better way for him to go, and to propel Pain's godlike status.

And why I believe its not over yet for the K man.

Archangel
Sat, 11-01-2008, 05:39 PM
I'm just thinking of the possibility that Nagato is channeling his chakra through that idol/statue out to the different Pains.

Nice theory, but that would mean that naruto would have to go to pain's country if he really wanted to finish him off.

Then again that would mean we would get to see even more of pain, so i hope you're right :D

FireEmblem
Sat, 11-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Nice theory, but that would mean that naruto would have to go to pain's country if he really wanted to finish him off.

Then again that would mean we would get to see even more of pain, so i hope you're right :D

Well "the real one isn't with them" would also imply that Naruto would need to go to a specific location(Rain village or wherever the real Pain is) to defeat Pain anyway, unless the "real one" brings the fight to Naruto.

Damn trolls just eating up bandwidth, i mean seriously....

Nah, trolls are people that just post BS! I was just a lurker!

Archangel
Sun, 11-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Well "the real one isn't with them" would also imply that Naruto would need to go to a specific location(Rain village or wherever the real Pain is) to defeat Pain anyway, unless the "real one" brings the fight to Naruto.

I always assumed that the real pain had to be somewhere in the close vicinity to be able to control his bodies, but if he can do that from anywhere in the world that makes him even more amazing.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Mon, 11-03-2008, 10:52 AM
I always assumed that the real pain had to be somewhere in the close vicinity to be able to control his bodies, but if he can do that from anywhere in the world that makes him even more amazing.

The Ataksuki are able to pretty much project themselves from anywhere and use their Chakra as they do in the cave to suck out the Bijuu's, so that isnt too much of a leap to assume that he could do it from a pretty good distance.

DB_Hunter
Mon, 11-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Maybe..... PEIN IS OBITO!!!!!!!!

Seriously that would suck, but I think it may even be the case that Pein himself could be some frail character who has lost his own personal ability to fight since he is so used to using other bodies to do his bidding.

If that's the case he could like anything and anyone, and thus be anywhere... which would make him difficult to find.

Another thought is about the Rinnengan... it always seems to be on, and you never see Pein without it. Now I think that either he himself has a large amoutn of chakra to always have it on, or he is powering it using a Bijuu. If it is the latter it could mean that he is close to that statue where all the Bijuu's are trapped.

Archangel
Mon, 11-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Another thought is about the Rinnengan... it always seems to be on, and you never see Pein without it. Now I think that either he himself has a large amoutn of chakra to always have it on, or he is powering it using a Bijuu. If it is the latter it could mean that he is close to that statue where all the Bijuu's are trapped.

Itachi also had his sharingan active 24-7, i guess that after you've mastered the doujutsu you can keep it active indefinetely

DB_Hunter
Mon, 11-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Well I don't think its about mastering your doujutsu. Itachi, despite attaining the MS, could not possibly be the only to have mastered his normal Sharingan. Yet we never see his father Fugaku or anyone else having it on all the time.

Also, there is no Hyuuga that also has their Byakugan switched on 24-7. I think its just a trait of having a large amount of chakra or a large source of chakra. Remember, even though Itachi had his on 24-7, when he fought and used his Sharingan extensively he had to switch it off (e.g. the time against Jiraiya).

Archangel
Mon, 11-03-2008, 03:07 PM
Well i guess it comes with the job, akatsuki members are all S-rank rogue ninjas with ambu and bounty hunters gunning for their heads, it's not like they can afford to relax.

PS: Wow almost 3k posts, impressive DB :)

DB_Hunter
Mon, 11-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Off topic - you know there was a time when I think I had the third or second highest posts in forums at one point. I think then it was only PSJ and/or Assertn who had more, and this was around the 1100 post mark.

On topic - You know it would be neat if you could somehow hijack the rinenngan 'signal' between the different Pein bodies and figure out where the source was coming from. I mean we already have chakra transmission and chakra recievers. What's to say we can't have jammers and trackers?

Archangel
Mon, 11-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Lmao i would love it if Kishi pulled out a chakra hacker out of his ass, that would be such nonsense it would actually be funny

Imagine Seth Green hacking away till he found pain's signal xD

FireEmblem
Tue, 11-04-2008, 03:47 AM
I'm already assuming that trying to scramble those chakra signals through either some weird ninjutsu or through some mechanism wouldn't be too out of the question.

We did see Demon Realm Pain launch some missiles and shoot lasers (or some shit) out of his head and all sorts of other weird stuff that definitely don't make a chakra scrambler too farfetched after seeing them!

SilentSnake
Tue, 11-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Some kind of "cancel" jutsu might do the trick of cutting off the receivers from the signal I guess? The question is how and for how long it would work, probably not gonna happen anyway ;)

as for chakra hacker - Pain with his rinnegan would be my first guess tbh :P

immune to jutsus, force field and jedi tricks - definitely a 1337 HaXXoR

animus
Tue, 11-04-2008, 12:19 PM
WTB Danzo info.

Archangel
Tue, 11-04-2008, 12:25 PM
WTB Danzo info.

That will be 500 gold coins and what's left of your discarded soul

Kishi is really messing with us, he gives Danzo 1 page, fills it with question marks and then keeps going like nothing ever happened.

boilerph
Wed, 11-05-2008, 02:33 AM
I understand the manga/anime logic behind what people are saying here but in all honesty the eye would be one of the most deadly places for Kakashi to get hit. No bone for the nail to pass through before it gets to brain means it gets much deeper into said brain.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 11-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Come people lets be realistic, Kakashi isn't dead. Without Kakashi, the story would just be too shit to continue with.

Archangel
Thu, 11-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Come people lets be realistic, Kakashi isn't dead. Without Kakashi, the story would just be too shit to continue with.

Nah we still have Pain and ....

We still have Pain

SilentSnake
Thu, 11-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Nah we still have Pain and ....

We still have Pain

Not for long, though... :p

Naruto = revenge tragedy (like Hamlet) = all die in the end? :D

Archangel
Thu, 11-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Not for long, though... :p

Naruto = revenge tragedy (like Hamlet) = all die in the end? :D

So in Naruto and Sasuke's case who's Romeo and who's Juliet?

deadlydreamx
Thu, 11-06-2008, 10:48 PM
So in Naruto and Sasuke's case who's Romeo and who's Juliet?

He said Hamlet not Romeo and Juliet...

Dark Dragon
Fri, 11-07-2008, 06:10 AM

Naruto and Sasuke is a pair of tragic lover just like Romeo and Juliet though. You didn't get the Relena and Heero feeling when Naruto was screaming Sasuke name 15 times per episode during the chase arc?

Archangel
Fri, 11-07-2008, 06:15 AM

It wouldn't make much of a joke who's the uncle and who's the mother now would it...?