PDA

View Full Version : Movie: Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

Psyke
Sun, 10-26-2008, 10:57 AM
New concept art for the movie has been revealed:

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/4889/attachmentbz7.th.jpg (http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?image=attachmentbz7.jpg)http://img509.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

So, Soundwave is a satellite and Ravage is a truck now? :confused:

animus
Sun, 10-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Lame title, heh.

Psyke
Sun, 10-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Lame title, heh.

Yes, it's one of the worst ever. :mad:

darkshadow
Sun, 10-26-2008, 01:14 PM
So, Soundwave is a satellite and Ravage is a truck now? :confused:
product placement my friend, product placement, GM owns pretty much every car in transformers.

Soundwave being a satellite is pretty cool though, since he actually never did anything, cept shoot megatron gun mode, spy a bit, and send out lazerbeak and ravage.

Psyke
Mon, 12-29-2008, 08:23 AM
We have a first official picture of Prime:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8505/2362ve3.jpg

salmonman78
Mon, 12-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Didn't notice this thread before. I'm also on a TF board and have some other leaks I'll post later when I get home from work.

Psyke
Thu, 01-29-2009, 07:20 AM
Not too long before June 26 now. First look at the Sound Wave toy:

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/8239/31792rd3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

darkshadow
Tue, 02-03-2009, 05:40 PM
New trailer, looks good.
http://gt.tv/player/usermovies/304130.html?playlist=featured

Paulyboy
Tue, 02-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Wow looks alright. Part one was good.

Kakashi_Solo
Wed, 02-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Cant wait for this game. I just hope that they make a better job of the game then the first one!!

Munsu
Tue, 03-17-2009, 07:44 AM
Seems like they are already polanning for a third installment:
http://movies.tvguide.com/Movie-News/Transformers-3-Movie-1004108.aspx

Psyke
Sat, 04-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Awesome footage: http://vimeo.com/4208071

Watch in HD full screen!

Animeniax
Sat, 04-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Cool trailer. Did you notice how they had to blur out all of the tattoos on Megan Fox's back? Why do such physically gorgeous women feel the need to mar themselves with tattoos?

Penner
Sat, 04-18-2009, 03:48 PM
wut? tattoos are fucking awesome ^^

digitalrurouni
Sat, 04-18-2009, 06:15 PM
In the right places tattoos are awesome. :)

Animeniax
Thu, 06-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Hasn't been any discussion of this movie now that it's out. Spoilers below.

I was disappointed in the movie. The wow factor was gone, and it felt more like Matrix Reloaded or Spider-man 3, too much going on and over-doing what made the first movies cool to the point you got bored by it because there wasn't enough time left for character development.

They definitely left it open for the sequel, and the box office results for the 2nd movie will justify a 3rd movie, but fans will not be as excited because the 2nd is such a letdown.

Here's hoping Megan Fox hasn't degenerated too much in her personal life that she's unappealing in the 3rd movie. Since the first movie she already looks like Pamela Anderson after her first 2 facial plastic surgeries.

Stitch
Fri, 06-26-2009, 07:54 AM
You're comparing it to Matrix Reloaded and Spiderman 3?

That is pretty damning.

UChessmaster
Fri, 06-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Quite accurate though i`m afraid.

Killa-Eyez
Fri, 06-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Rushed, yes. Otherwise great graphics.

Psyke
Sat, 06-27-2009, 09:59 AM
I thought it could have been better as well. Full review up at my blog linked in my sig.

Kensee
Sat, 06-27-2009, 11:38 AM
I thought it could have been better as well. Full review up at my blog linked in my sig.

Haha, I read that one on face book, yeah I'm watching it in about 6 hours, I'll let you guys know how I thought.

Hope it's decent >_> my girlfriend fell asleep on the first one!

Sapphire
Sat, 06-27-2009, 09:55 PM
http://arstechnica.com/media/reviews/2009/06/revenge-of-the-fallen-is-messy-unfunny-and-way-too-long.ars

This review is hilarious and probably did the opposite of what it wants me to do. Now I totally have to see this! XD

XanBcoo
Sat, 06-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks for linking that review, Sapphire. This movie looks absolutely awful.

At one point you see a robot's swinging testicles, and a character remarks on them. The audience laughs.
Now I know what the fallen refers to...

I also read Psyke's review, and I'll consider watching any scenes with Starscream, since I haven't seen Charlie Adler in anything since Cow and Chicken, but other than that this is getting a big pass for me.

Animeniax
Sat, 06-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks for linking that review, Sapphire. This movie looks absolutely awful.

I also read Psyke's review, and I'll consider watching any scenes with Starscream, since I haven't seen Charlie Adler in anything since Cow and Chicken, but other than that this is getting a big pass for me.
I'd say it's still worth seeing if you get matinee prices during the day. Just don't go into it expecting to be wowed like in the first movie, though people were not expecting the first movie to be as great as it was, so that made it easy to exceed expectations and please. The second movie had a lot to live up to, and unfortunately didn't come close.

UChessmaster
Sat, 06-27-2009, 11:12 PM
I swear to never see a transformers movie after the disaster part 1 was, but that review made me rethink my stand.

November 11
Sun, 06-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Awesome movie with great action and funny moments. Definitely not for those human drama/tragedy loving critics.

Kensee
Mon, 06-29-2009, 02:26 AM
I'm back from watching it.

Optimus Prime is my hero. He must of been training his gears off cause his fighting has greatly improved since the first movie.

Anyhow, the movie had it's good points. My girl even liked it, which surprised me. Go to the movie expecting to see a robotic action movie, that's it, and you'll be fine!

If you're thinking or expecting a great plot driven movie with supreme actcing/characters, eh, you might be thinking to hard. Just have fun and take it for what it is, a movie about robots transforming.

p.s. Optimus Prime will mess you up.

Lucifus
Mon, 06-29-2009, 03:23 AM
Definitely an ok movie if you go in expecting entertainment. Anyone with any sense shouldn't have expectations too high for this film.

The wow factor was certainly gone but man that CG made up for it. Had some pretty awesome scenes thrown in there. All in all, its a fun movie, nothing extraordinary however.

I noted more than a number of plot holes myself during the film, so, don't go into expecting the story of the century.

Yukimura
Mon, 06-29-2009, 03:33 PM
IJust have fun and take it for what it is, a movie about robots transforming.

Just as a point of order, there didn't seem to be nearly as much transforming in this one as the first one. The robots mostly stayed in robot form unless they were traveling in which case they'd already be in vehicle form when we first saw them and then either the scene would cut away and come back after some time had passed and they'd transformed or they'd just walk off camera and transform. I really missed having a scene like the one in the first one where Starscream fought the F-22's while repeatedly switching back and forth between his bot mode and his fighter mode.

darkshadow
Mon, 06-29-2009, 04:23 PM
I really missed having a scene like the one in the first one where Starscream fought the F-22's while repeatedly switching back and forth between his bot mode and his fighter mode.

The scene where Starscream swoops down and pwns ratchet and ironhide and then transforms in slow motion and flies off is something that should've been a lot more in transfomers 2. It was just simply epic, but the transformations cost a lot of rendering time, so I guess they cut down on them because of the amount of bots in 2.

Sapphire
Tue, 06-30-2009, 11:46 AM

I actually missed this part, on account of the FOUR YEAR OLD who began to fidget and move around next to me.

Anyway, the REST of the movie wasn't too bad. I mean with severely lowered expectations and all. I don't see what the big deal is about all the explosions though. They blended into the scenes fairly well. The only thing I still hate is how the robot fight scenes are usually shot at close up, bad angles so you can barely see who is hitting what; maybe a hand punching a chest here or there.

The whole "I love you" scene was oddly reminiscent of the one in Matrix, meh.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 07-01-2009, 02:59 AM
This movie sucked, not because of the great expectations (I personally didn't have any) or because it is overshadowed by the first one (which I thought to be average at best, excluding the awesome graphics), or even because of the poor script, bad pacing, and pathetic acting, but mainly because of the incredible number of cliches that they crammed into it.

Some of what I can remember are (and believe me, there are a lot more):
1) The scene where the robots go through some unsuspecting person's room.
2) The irritating stuck-up government official.
3) The walking into a kiss and misunderstanding scene.
4) Actually, the entire thing with the college girl (which was also absolutely unnecessary)
5) The parents getting kidnapped (which didn't really do much to the plot)
6) Hero dies and gets resurrected (and without a decent reason at that)
7) The "I love you" scene, as Sapphire mentioned.

Now, I know many other movies use such cliches, but this is the first time where I see so many of them packed together. It seemed like it didn't even attempt to be original, and just used trite subplots to insert robot scenes.

Psyke
Wed, 07-01-2009, 04:15 AM
I thought the government official was great. Much better than Agent Simmons in my opinion.

Inazuma
Wed, 07-01-2009, 05:53 AM
Eye candy, but plot wise, it's not even worth ass.

Animeniax
Wed, 07-01-2009, 05:56 AM
I thought the government official was great. Much better than Agent Simmons in my opinion.
I thought agent Simmons' scenes in the 2nd movie were only slightly less annoying than his scenes from the 1st movie. I didn't have any particular feeling for the govt official in the 2nd movie, just cookie-cutter stuff like shinta said.

I think it was the hype that ruined this movie for me. Maybe a 2nd viewing in a couple months might get better reviews.

And I have to agree with shinta|hikari, there were so many cliches used in the movie. My personal most disliked was the college dorm room full of hackers followed by the college dorm 24/7 party with all of the hot chicks. I wish college was like that, but the use in a movie is just pandering at this point.

AngryGumball
Thu, 07-02-2009, 03:15 AM
watched it on Justin.tv today I knew I did not want to pay to see it. Only reason I would want to see it on big screen is for explosions but man I would rather watch more Naruto filler than pay to see that script of transformers2.

November 11
Sat, 07-04-2009, 06:44 AM
While I do not expect a great plot, the timeline weirdness between the two movies bugs me abit (i.e. the Primes arrival, All Spark, Megatron's crash, Autobots arrival, the robot civil war etc.). Can someone please explain them in chronological order? :p

But I went in to see robot action and got what I wanted so I still enjoyed it.

Sapphire
Sun, 07-05-2009, 02:12 PM
As far as I can understand the all spark is the mysterious object that started all transformer life. Then the Primes are the strongest and 1337est so they must be one of the oldest lines. Some time after that a random group of monsters split off from them and "randomly" came across earth wherein they decided to inhabit it and allow for some massive lampshading (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LampshadeHanging)in the second movie. That the all spark and the old-ass monsters happened to appear on earth of all places must be purely "coincidental" since we got no acknowledgement of this similarity.

Megatron's crash? Probably sometime after the old-ass transformers got there because the "youngest and last" Prime seems to know him personally. And the old-ass robot doesn't know Prime.

The farty old-ass traitor was probably great friends with Megatron's old-ass mentor. Was it really necessary to show old transformers that can barely walk? Meh. And wouldn't a true eeeeveeil villain kill his old-ass mentor and stop him from bringing him down? Meh meh.

Robot civil war? Probably at least began before the old-ass robot came to earth, so we can assume that it's pretty much always happened as far as the story line cares (and apparently the story line doesn't care that much).

Vegechan
Thu, 07-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Am I the only one who didn't think the "twins" were a racial stereotype? I personally lived in the south for several years, and the impression I got is they were a redneck stereotype, not a racial one.

Animeniax
Thu, 07-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Am I the only one who didn't think the "twins" were a racial stereotype? I personally lived in the south for several years, and the impression I got is they were a redneck stereotype, not a racial one.
You can only say that if you're the same race as the stereotype they were portraying. Otherwise, you're a racist. So which is it?

Vegechan
Thu, 07-09-2009, 06:38 PM
You can only say that if you're the same race as the stereotype they were portraying. Otherwise, you're a racist. So which is it?

Well I saw them as a stereotype, but I didn't see it targeted at any one race, but one culture.

Animeniax
Thu, 07-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Well I saw them as a stereotype, but I didn't see it targeted at any one race, but one culture.
Yes, but the cultural aspects that were parodied are indicative of a particular race. The leap isn't that great to see they were caricaturing the race and that race's predominant cultural representations.

Vegechan
Fri, 07-10-2009, 10:40 PM
See, that's just what I mean though. I thought it was a redneck stereotype, not a racial one.

Animeniax
Fri, 07-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Nah, more than just rednecks think 95% black folks are that way. Most people think President Obama acts that way in private.

Sapphire
Sat, 07-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Most people? Most people in the area where you are maybe.

Animeniax
Sat, 07-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Yeah probably true, but I live in the 3rd largest city in the country, so does that say a lot or a little towards supporting my statement?

KrayZ33
Sun, 07-12-2009, 09:00 AM
watched this today... a very good movie in my opinion, the action was superb, reminded me of Mech Warrior, felt like a dream comes true

You might say they missed the point when I say it was like a live-action Mech Warrior movie, but who cares it was awesome and it looked great..

so much pew pew here and pang pang there and slice and dice on the other side, best action movie ever made , period

Raven
Mon, 07-13-2009, 04:34 AM
For this movie, it's like they designed and created all these impressive CG fight scenes, spent all their money, then at the last minute crammed some crappy story in around the action, this time with more cliches and annoying characters.

Maybe I'm letting my hatred of Shia get in the way, but he ruined the first movie for me, and this time they included more characters of a similar mould such as his dorm buddy. And why did they bring back Simmonds? He was one of the absolute worst parts of the first movie.

Ugh, this was terrible. And personally I don't see why everyone thinks Megan Fox is so attractive, she's average at best. BTW, the college girl who hits on Sam (both romantically and physically)... does anyone think she's remotely attractive? I found her repulsive (before her skin came off I mean).

KrayZ33
Mon, 07-13-2009, 06:18 AM
I don't know what everyone has against the story Oo
I liked the stuff with the so called primes and your typical "traitor" character which you see in every anime or movie and everyone likes so much.
I also liked the idea of gathering energy from destroying suns etc.

does anyone think she's remotely attractive?

uhm yes I do.