PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 519

Marik
Fri, 10-24-2008, 09:42 AM
Franky-House

SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/2ygmnc) - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VVCD3C0X) - Online Viewing (http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/519/01)

† Hueco Mundo †

Badongo (http://www.badongo.com/file/11821444) - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YXHM4GPG) - ZShare (http://www.zshare.net/download/5035842699a3f380)

helz0ne

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mimmyqmyuu4) - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=XV2WP5Z1)

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-24-2008, 10:24 AM
leaving the super powers aside (I can't form much an opinion about it from all this nothing), this island is really weird.
almost everyone has haki, which brings them some form of 'mantra'. and both sisters have the same fruit.
the navy ship that's supposed to be guarding over the island might be there to actually make sure the amazons don't get out to the NW. if they had, they would have become an army that can match the WG.

Assertn
Fri, 10-24-2008, 11:17 AM
I honestly never expected to see that mantra stuff again. Looks like Oda is finally connecting the dots for us. All of these strange abilities that were never linked to devil fruits seem to revolve around around this haki. Pretty sweet chapter.

As far as the duplicate devil fruit thing goes...I'm going to just assume this was Vegepunk's doing. We know that he's developed tons of breakthroughs in devil fruit usage, and he was already able to duplicate that admiral's light attack across a bunch of the pacifistas...

Abdula
Fri, 10-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Or the fruit thing could simply be different model numbers because one definitely seems to be a spitting cobra and the other is some kind of boa, maybe an anaconda.

-Appears I may be right. Some websites I checked had them listed as a King Cobra and an Anaconda.

Assertn
Fri, 10-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Also, this pretty much explains how Raleigh was able to counter Kakuzu's ability.
Haki seems to have some sort of negating effect, like it uses kairuseki (sp?) or something.

Edit: Yeah....Kizaru... :|

Abdula
Fri, 10-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Indeed we definitely need more info on haki, and I think you mean Kizaru and not Kakuzu;) Oh and its Kairoseki:p

Augury
Fri, 10-24-2008, 01:55 PM
The zoan fruits may overlap in name, but they have different models so they are different fruits. For example, Dalton (from Drum, Chopper's homeland) ate the cow (ushi ushi) fruit - model bison, while Kaku (from CP9) ate the cow (ushi ushi) fruit - model giraffe.

I was also surprised to see mantra reused here. It also seems that at least Luffy and Zoro already know how to use haki unconsciously to some degree. I'm looking forward to Oda explaining how mantra and haki work.

On the other hand, Luffy getting hurt by blunt attacks here means that Moria was not using haki when he smashed Luffy in his black box, which confirms that Shichibukai operate at different levels.

Munsu
Fri, 10-24-2008, 02:04 PM
I read the basement scan and they clearly are missing a ton of details... read the FH version instead.

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-24-2008, 02:35 PM
I was thinking that maybe the weapon they were using was like Smoker's, with sea stone.

Anyway, great chapter. And Luffy yet again goes Gear 2nd. I like the technique, but Luffy should remember what Lucci told him, that that technique puts a lot of strain on his body... did he not say as well it may shorten his life?

Assertn
Fri, 10-24-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm well aware that there are different zoan models (obviously), but all that was stated in the chapter I read was they both ate the "hebi" fruit. If they're different fruits then they should be labeled differently, don't you think?

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-24-2008, 03:19 PM
I wonder if Boa also ate a hebi fruit... Model Basilisk, thus she has the power to convert other into rock.

Abdula
Fri, 10-24-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm well aware that there are different zoan models (obviously), but all that was stated in the chapter I read was they both ate the "hebi" fruit. If they're different fruits then they should be labeled differently, don't you think?
Yeah I read the basement scan too. Anyway like Munsu said the FH scan is better, that detail is actually in there.

joker-kun
Fri, 10-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Well I guess we see why Kuma sent Luffy to this island. Finally we're going to see him be able to counter Logia.

I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy was the only one sent flying and everyone else is just back at the boat.

Munsu
Fri, 10-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Well I guess we see why Kuma sent Luffy to this island. Finally we're going to see him be able to counter Logia.

I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy was the only one sent flying and everyone else is just back at the boat.
Well along those lines, maybe Kuma sent them to different places where they will each learn skills that fit their particular fighting style and such.

Assertn
Fri, 10-24-2008, 05:14 PM
I just hope Oda will elaborate more on the other crew members' adventures.

animus
Fri, 10-24-2008, 05:18 PM
Thank god for One Piece, took out the nasty taste this week's Bleach Chapter left me with.

Death13a
Fri, 10-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Right on the cover/first page on building balcony if you use zoom function (without it it hard to see) you see Blackbeard's crew overlooking next cp9's generation training

toonice714
Fri, 10-24-2008, 10:14 PM
@animus: havent you been getting that feeling since the second arc. should be used to it by now.

OP never ceases to amaze when it comes to tying up loose ends. Im wondering if "haki", "spirit" and mantra are all one and the same technique. The sea is large enough for it to seem like different names originate in certain areas. I mean there is a whole other form of currency aside from belli. They have extols and there is a transfer rate that puts extols like 100k to 1. So they're even worth more.(so off topic but ...) Hopefully his haki will be learned before he leaves/escapes this island.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 10-25-2008, 01:21 AM
the basic form of haki is shouting..
another form of Haki is mantra.
both are sound based. or rather, vibration, change of frequency.

Chopper's rumble ball, it disturbs the wavelength of the fruit and forces it into a different form...

in other word, I think there is a connection.

poopdeville
Sat, 10-25-2008, 04:28 AM
I honestly never expected to see that mantra stuff again.

Really? I called it. I even described haki as a "completed form" of mantra. I figured as much when Raleigh fought Kizaru -- he would have had to be predicting Kizaru's movements to avoid them, since Kizaru moves at the speed of light.

Anyway, I'm going to go out on a limb to suggest that only people with the Will of D can master Haoushoku Haki.

Also, based on that speculation, my guess is that the person closest to becoming Pirate King isn't Whitebeard, but Dragon. Luffy is as much of an anarchist and revolutionary as Dragon is, and he's still a "good guy". The World Government also sees Dragon as the biggest threat they face. I guess my point is that the government has shown that it will lie to protect itself, and will certainly lie about a pirate who refuses to sign a treaty and become a Shichibukai.

Finally, I still think Boa and Luffy are related by blood, possibly via Dragon's Haki sperm.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 10-25-2008, 05:52 AM
Anyway, I'm going to go out on a limb to suggest that only people with the Will of D can master Haoushoku Haki.

Finally, I still think Boa and Luffy are related by blood, possibly via Dragon's Haki sperm.

so what, Haki is a STD?

Dark Dragon
Sat, 10-25-2008, 05:58 AM
so what, Haki is a STD?

Yes, and it's probably the disease that killed Roger.

One Piece is actually a one-use cure for Haki. Roger probably decided to save the vaccine for future generation in order to cure this malevolent STD.

Carnage
Sat, 10-25-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm hoping the fact that 1 in a million get this thing is a lie. I liked it better when I thought that it was just an acquired technique.

Death13a
Sat, 10-25-2008, 02:19 PM
I see haki techniques aren't limited to one person per each. It just for some techniques come naturally to some. Boa said that she didn't perfected her so she probably worked on it to gain it. Raylaigh was able to use king's disposition, neglect Kazure defense, and i would go past him to use mantra.

This page contains a good explanation on what haki is.

http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40783&page=11 <-posted by the12thsupernova

As for how haki can neglect DF's defense, i guess that just before impact skin has goosebumps (if haki is fear), so DF's special defense does't activate. It makes DF handicapped to haki users since DF users rely much on their DF to protect them.

Josch
Wed, 10-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Awsome explanation!!

Sichibukai or not, i want boa to join the straw hats, would be a nice twist, and she`s funny :)

animus
Wed, 10-29-2008, 07:19 PM
I'd say it's too soon for a new crew mate imo, they had 2 in 2 successive arcs. Boa doesn't really provide a crew job, and she's already a captain, so shrug. Who knows how this arc will end.

Assertn
Wed, 10-29-2008, 08:37 PM
I already told you how this arc will end.

Luffy will learn Haki, and Boa will return to the world government so she can betray them at the last minute.