PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 422

Marik
Thu, 10-23-2008, 11:16 PM
SleepyFans

MediaFire (http://www.mediafire.com/?rlrw3mmlgic) - SendSpace (http://www.sendspace.com/file/m6gtfk) - RapidShare (http://rapidshare.com/files/156993472/Naruto_422_SleepyFans_.zip) - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=31QE5Y50) - Online Viewing (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/422/01/)

Enjoy!

Rikudo
Thu, 10-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Freakin' Kakashi rocks! he always have something up his sleeve. So one Pain is down with a Raikiri clone plus a huge punch.

Uchiha Barles
Wow, Kakashi = cool as hell. And choji actually making himself useful...I hope Naruto stays away for at least 8 more chapters...we might get to see the other kiddies do cool shit.

@below: triple post to emphasize the depth of kakashi's cool pool.

Abdula
Oh yes. Finally konoha ninjas actually acting like ninjas.. This is really getting good and Kakashi keeps topping himself, I mean a freaking lightning clone, I actually thought he was done for. And it looks like Pain is finally going to show us what he's really made of, even Konan is putting in work.

Did he really say "one down" I mean come on you know he is just gonna get back up next chapter. Anyway Naruto is finally exciting again.

-We all responded at exactly the same time. Weird:o

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-24-2008, 12:01 AM
Now this is what the manga should be made. Hopefully Kishimoto will see the fans are pleased and kill off Sasuke soon.

Pain freaking rocks. Kakashi had a great chapter. Konan was cool also.

rockmanj
Fri, 10-24-2008, 12:14 AM
Yea, I enjoyed this one a lot too, trickery, deception, crazy ninja attacks, what's not to like? I hope Kishi can keep it up; this the type of stuff that got me into Naruto in the 1st place.

Psyke
Fri, 10-24-2008, 01:15 AM
I knew that Kakashi was going to get out of that attack some how, but I was still worried when he got hit. :p He's still cool after all these years, and again this shows that Naruto hasn't really surpassed him. At least in tactics and strategy anyway.

Raven
Fri, 10-24-2008, 02:00 AM
Anyone else think that Kakashi is getting his ass kicked? He barely escaped a horrible death then, and his attacks don't seem to be worrying Pein at all. He had a bit of help at the end there, granted, but if they hadn't shown up I wonder what would have happened.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-24-2008, 02:11 AM
well, it's a nice chapter.

but about Kakashi...
was it a clone during previous chapters?
if it's a clone, then why does he try so desperately to escape and tell others about Payne's power? wouldn't his memories transfer back to the original (maybe lightning clones don't work this way?)

about Payne...
powers now include - "energy absorbation', 'magnetic control', 'Ashura?'

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 10-24-2008, 06:54 AM
Good chapter all the way around....

I want to know who Konan is killing for that information on Naruto, probably a nobody, but still.

Thought that it was pretty cool that Tsundae, rather than just sit there decided to send out her slugs to help the citizens of Konoha. She has the most multi-purpose summoning of anyone I would say. Although it does lack on the attacking, it is still pretty cool I think.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 10-24-2008, 07:49 AM
well, it's a nice chapter.

but about Kakashi...
was it a clone during previous chapters?
if it's a clone, then why does he try so desperately to escape and tell others about Payne's power? wouldn't his memories transfer back to the original (maybe lightning clones don't work this way?)

about Payne...
powers now include - "energy absorbation', 'magnetic control', 'Ashura?'

Making the clone try desperately to escape is probably part of his deception. The clone needs to act the part. If it doesn't, the opponent could catch on that something isn't right. I guess sometimes that's not important, but this time it was because the lightning clone was actually an attack. Hehe, he landed a blow xD. I doubt dispelling or destroying a lightning clone does the same thing as a shadow clone. Kakashi probably knew what the clone knew simply because he was close enough to see everything the clone saw, and figure out the same thing the clone did.

Or, somewhere in the middle of all this, kakashi did a replacement technique with a lightning clone. Who knows.

Abdula
Fri, 10-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Anyone else think that Kakashi is getting his ass kicked? He barely escaped a horrible death then, and his attacks don't seem to be worrying Pein at all. He had a bit of help at the end there, granted, but if they hadn't shown up I wonder what would have happened.

Did you miss the part where Kakashi said he knew he couldn't win against them. The guy was just buying time and trying to find out as much about Pain as possible before they counter attacked. Which is exactly what I said they needed to do. Anyway no one is expecting Kakashi to beat Pain.

DBZ once again I think you're really over thinking stuff. Kakashi must have done a replacement technique with the clone at the very last second, I'm guessing when he released the chain, anything before then and Pain would have noticed.

Marik
Fri, 10-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Even though the Kakashi parts were great, I was disappointed. I really wanted to see what Danzou was plotting. With that said, it was better than most of the recent chapters.

Thought that it was pretty cool that Tsundae, rather than just sit there decided to send out her slugs to help the citizens of Konoha. She has the most multi-purpose summoning of anyone I would say. Although it does lack on the attacking, it is still pretty cool I think.
Agreed, I thought that was pretty sweet. Being able to mass heal people from afar.

animus
Fri, 10-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Haha Choji missed.

Uberbaka
Fri, 10-24-2008, 12:17 PM
Is this where Tsunade dies from feeding too much chakra to her people?

darkmetal505
Fri, 10-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Is this where Tsunade dies from feeding too much chakra to her people?

Nah, her boobs just start to sag.

Lightning clone? That was pretty cool looking, although it seems to like it would be a more "expensive" clone in therms of chakra.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-24-2008, 12:45 PM
and now, after having water clone, lightning clones (ignoring orochimaru's anime mud clone in the forest of death) and shadow clones, we can say that it's inevitable that someone will have a 'light' clone.
Naruto is like the guy from FF-IV, he starts out as a dark knight (shadow clones, evil kyuubi chackra), but will become a paladin (light clones, good yen powers...).

toonice714
Fri, 10-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Man Kakashi is one slippery ninja. its been said before but i really enjoy the fact that the basics never get washed out. Unlike other animes where as the characters get more powerful they animate less to emphasize how much more powerful they are and the "tricks" and detailed exchanges get thrown to the side to make way for swishes of lines or empty exploding circles of collision. Im glad that replacements and ninja tools are still being utilized in advanced tactics. lol pain is magneto.

darkshadow
Fri, 10-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Lol, more like a jedi, he's done jedi mind trick, force push and force pull now ;P

Abdula
Fri, 10-24-2008, 01:21 PM
Exactly and we already have the Yoda thing going on.

Assertn
Fri, 10-24-2008, 01:56 PM
Kakashi always pulls jutsus out of his ass that probably would've given him a significant advantage in previous battles. He's basically Kishimoto's wildcard.

Archangel
Fri, 10-24-2008, 02:55 PM
It's kind of cool seeing the village protect naruto, shows how much he's progresses in their eyes since the the manga first began.

So Tsunade's summon isn't completely useless, in fact it's the perfect summon for a healing ninja. Sakura should get one of those.

Dam that fat pain is one hell of a freaky dude, and i have to admit i was a little worried when i saw kakashi getting hit by that attack but he mangaed to surprise once again with one hell of a bunshin lol

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 10-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Even if I still hated the kid, I'd probably protect the demon in him with my life too. Nobody wants that to end up in akatsuki's hands. It's probably exactly what you said though. He'll come back, realize that they were looking for him and that half the village died on his account, get all teary eyed, get fuled by RIGHTEOUS FURY and deliver RETRIBUTION in the name of the LIGHT...*cough*...I mean, he'll be pissed and want to help out.

itadakimasu
Fri, 10-24-2008, 03:20 PM
i almost cried when i saw kakashi impaled...

nearly ruined my 10am bathroom break.... yes, on fridays around 10am....

I sneak off to the bathroom. While smokers are having their cigarettes im taking care of business and also reading manga on my iphone.

Archangel
Fri, 10-24-2008, 03:26 PM
@ itadakimasu - Don't make me hate you, i want one of those phones too :p

@ Uchiha Barles - Add that to the fact that he killed his teacher / grandpa and you get the shonnen power boost that will enable him to kill off pain.

Assertn
Fri, 10-24-2008, 05:16 PM
I kinda lost the suspense of kakashi's faked death because I caught the second post of this thread (which starts with Kakashi freakin' rocks!) before reading the chapter.

Archangel
Fri, 10-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Lols yeah but you should know better than clicking on this thread before reading the manga Assertn :D

animus
Fri, 10-24-2008, 05:25 PM
I do that cause I'm too lazy to dig through sites, where Marik just gives us direct links.

Archangel
Fri, 10-24-2008, 05:31 PM
I always use one manga anyway so there's no need for that

Patriot
Fri, 10-24-2008, 05:53 PM
See, this is what anime is all about. Its kind of like Death Note where a character dies at a time that no one expects. Now that we have lost Asuma and Jiraya, its like anyone can go next. And for a brief second, everyone including me thought it was Kikashi's turn. It would have been awsome and messed up at the same time if he had taken it just like that.

Basically, we are all dependant on a character that has been built up for so long dying to make this series good, and the main character should stay out... poor Naruto.

Oh well, I like it!!!!

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 10-24-2008, 07:01 PM
See, this is what anime is all about. Its kind of like Death Note where a character dies at a time that no one expects. Now that we have lost Asuma and Jiraya, its like anyone can go next. And for a brief second, everyone including me thought it was Kikashi's turn. It would have been awsome and messed up at the same time if he had taken it just like that.

Basically, we are all dependant on a character that has been built up for so long dying to make this series good, and the main character should stay out... poor Naruto.

Oh well, I like it!!!!

You know, if only this was true...deaths in this series get telegraphed like hell. I don't think you need to worry about Kakashi dying until you get a couple of "tear jerking" chapters about Obito and that chick on his team when he was a kid, a couple of more scenes about how all the Hokages have all been his inspiration, and a few more about how it's time for the youngins in the village to step up. And I mean 2 chapters worth of these scenes...so you don't have to worry about Tsunade just yet either...

poopdeville
Fri, 10-24-2008, 07:43 PM
I think Jiriaya's code refers to the fact that Madara controls Pein, possibly via the Rinnegan. That is to say, that Madara is one of Pein's bodies, and conversely, that Madara is the "head" body.

We still haven't seen Madara's other eye, but we do know he has chakra transceivers in his body. (Specifically, Tobi does, in his arms)

Archangel
Fri, 10-24-2008, 07:49 PM
I think Jiriaya's code refers to the fact that Madara controls Pein, possibly via the Rinnegan. That is to say, that Madara is one of Pein's bodies, and conversely, that Madara is the "head" body.

We still haven't seen Madara's other eye, but we do know he has chakra transceivers in his body. (Specifically, Tobi does, in his arms)

...wut?

My theory is that Madara is in fact all the characters in the world. In fact, I am also Madara, and so are you.

Your daddy is Madara, your Mom is Madara and that hooker you used last night was also Madara poopdeville

PS: In case i wasn't being clear, you're an idiot poopdeville

Uberbaka
Fri, 10-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Ooh, ooh.. maybe Danzou has rinnegan? =p

Darthmoe
Fri, 10-24-2008, 10:52 PM
I think it would be more likely that Conan controls Pein...

Assertn
Fri, 10-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Maybe Pain is controlled by the forces of nature, and when Naruto harnesses nature chakra, he will be able to take control of Pain's bodies

Archangel
Sat, 10-25-2008, 04:22 AM
That will not work, because the forces of nature are also Madara.

poopdeville
Sat, 10-25-2008, 04:34 AM
...wut?

My theory is that Madara is in fact all the characters in the world. In fact, I am also Madara, and so are you.

Your daddy is Madara, your Mom is Madara and that hooker you used last night was also Madara poopdeville

PS: In case i wasn't being clear, you're an idiot poopdeville

Wow, great rebuttal.

We already saw Madara give Pein direct orders. We've never seen Madara's left eye. And we know that "The real one is not there", as Jiraiya said. We also heard Jiraiya say he had "serious doubts" about Madara's death immediately before he fought Pein.

You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree. But you can't disagree that it is a serious possibility in a manga as cheesy as Naruto.

PS: Go fuck yourself kid.

Edit: I like the Konan idea too, but it a manga as cheesy as Naruto has a "main" villain, and Madara has played that role for a long time already.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 10-25-2008, 08:22 AM
I kinda lost the suspense of kakashi's faked death because I caught the second post of this thread (which starts with Kakashi freakin' rocks!) before reading the chapter.

I agree, here I thought that Kakashi was going to take one of them out, and all he did was a copy of Itachi's Clone Bomb. I dont get while all the hype really. Dont get me wrong Kakashi is good, but this is really nothing special for him.

And as for "The real one is not there" I think that they are refering to the fact that Nagato, the one with the rinnegan is not with them. So he is probably controlling them all from a distance.

darkshadow
Sat, 10-25-2008, 08:57 AM
uhm no, Itachi's clone bomb is a water clone, not a lightning clone, and like you said was a bomb, this just zapped pein.

Archangel
Sat, 10-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Not that Itachi's clone was any less impressive but a lightning clone is basically the perfect bunshin, not only does it fool the enemy as it attacks him when they least expect it, creating an opening that allows the user to deliver the finishing blow ( or someone else in this case )

Death BOO Z
Sat, 10-25-2008, 10:06 AM
actually, we've already seen the perfect clone.
Payne's clones (the ones he gave Itachi and Kisame) are exactly that.
they can take a lot of damage, use the original persons abilities, even bloodline stuff (I think).

unless there's a light clone (yin? yang? good energy?) and a sharingan clone. and if that happens, then all bets are off.

animus
Sat, 10-25-2008, 10:11 AM
I would wrist if there was a Sharingan clone.

Assertn
Sat, 10-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Did you mean to say cut my wrist?

SilentSnake
Sat, 10-25-2008, 01:50 PM

Probably one of Sasuke's Jewdan abilities, you're fucked :D

Archangel
Sat, 10-25-2008, 02:07 PM
On another subject, has anyone else noticed that the biakugan has become incredibly shitty by comparison?

Out of the 3 doujutsus it's clearly the weakest, unless we haven't seen it's full potential yet.

boilerph
Sat, 10-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Going back to the Pein's real body, isn't it the third kid that Jiraiya trained. Konan is there and the Rinnengan kid is being controlled with receivers but unless I'm mistaken we haven't been given anything definite about the third kid. Sorry I don't remember the names right now.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 10-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Qunan, Yahiko, Negato.

the main body looks like Yahiko (Jiraya confirmed it was him), but Negato used to have the ringan.

animus
Sat, 10-25-2008, 07:00 PM
Did you mean to say cut my wrist?

Saying I'm gonna wrist is probably more common in WoW, which is just a different way of saying cut my wrist.

Archangel
Sat, 10-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Mmorpgs use their one vocabulary lol

Yo animus you better be careful with your threat level, you don't want to aggro the mods and make your account wipe on the spot :p

Idealistic
Sun, 10-26-2008, 12:54 AM
Saying I'm gonna wrist is probably more common in WoW, which is just a different way of saying cut my wrist.

you forgot the /

Patriot
Sun, 10-26-2008, 10:48 AM
On another subject, has anyone else noticed that the biakugan has become incredibly shitty by comparison?

Out of the 3 doujutsus it's clearly the weakest, unless we haven't seen it's full potential yet.

Well thoeritically we first saw Neiji at 64, then he pulled out 128 and his ranged doubled or at least increased linearly. So going in that sense, if you could pull out 256, 512, 1028 he would go from an amazing short range fighter to a massive mid and long range. There would be no way to defeat him. Unless that blind spot got bigger too.

But alas, this is Naruto and I'm sure they would have something else planned. Like him getting a sword at that range and being able to use it during his spin. (actually that's a great idea...)

Also, someone made a good post about RasenShiriken awhile back, when we all thought it was going to be OMFG awsome, it was a let down and now that he's doing something great with it, at this point we are going to be like whatever dude... And he killed/hurt the only guy he ever will with it, in that 4 heart Atusuki guy. Either way, out of Bleach and this, this is where it is at!

SilentSnake
Sun, 10-26-2008, 05:30 PM

I think there's nothing to worry, anytime Kishi wants he can give it some kickass abilities out of his ass just like he did (does?:D) with sharingan.

Just wait for a high level byakugan user to fight ;)

Idealistic
Sun, 10-26-2008, 05:42 PM
I think there's nothing to worry, anytime Kishi wants he can give it some kickass abilities out of his ass just like he did (does?:D) with sharingan.

Just wait for a high level byakugan user to fight ;)

Someone's Byakugan is gonna evolve. Mangekyou Byagkugan!

darkshadow
Mon, 10-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Neji pulls of some pretty high level, (long range) juuken attacks in the CC2 games.

darkmetal505
Wed, 10-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Doesn't Neji have Hakken Kyosho (sp) as a long range attack?

darkshadow
Wed, 10-29-2008, 08:12 PM
I think you mean hakke kuusho, and yeah that was the one i was refering to.

rockmanj
Wed, 10-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Just a thought: since the idea of Pain comes from this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_spiritual_realms, and it seems to have some sort of bearing on the abilities they have, I wonder, if in some way, that is the key to defeating (or at least understanding) Pain.