PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 81

Marik
Thu, 10-23-2008, 07:55 PM
[DB]​_Naruto​_Shippuuden​_081​_[F791A47F].​avi (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns081.torrent)

NyaaTorrents (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=37296)

Crash
Thu, 10-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Not a bad episode. At least made some progress on Naruto's new ability if nothing else.

They've killed off Grandpa and Uncle, anyone wanna start taking bets on when Konohamaru gets the axe?

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Ha. So Kakashi didn't consider the shadow clone option because he couldn't do it, and Naruto didn't think of it because he was too dumb? That makes sense. Otherwise, an okay episode.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Holy shit, I called the hell out of that!

3 clones...so he's made an already powerful technique that he can't hit with even more powerful and less likely to hit...great plan.

So Akatsuki leader has a dream...a dream called...OUTER HAVEN!!

Patriot
Thu, 10-23-2008, 11:35 PM
The end bit there, I was like, okay, its not going to be that good, its just whatever, and then it was like LOL!!!!! So that's where they got that idea from! LOLOLOL.

Best part of the sode for me. The Atasuki bit was okay too...

Crash
Thu, 10-23-2008, 11:45 PM
The Akatsuki bit was kinda meh for me. I was expecting something a little more diabolical than "we're gonna make a merc group and take over the world by controling the economy" considering that they're a bunch of S rank super powerful ninja collecting even more powerful chakra monsters. I mean basically their big scheme is that they have a business plan.

Board of Command
Fri, 10-24-2008, 12:26 AM
Akatsuki's plan is just warmongering? I thought it would be something a bit more epic.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-24-2008, 12:30 AM
It's world domination. I'm not sure what's more epic than that. World destruction? I guess. But that's where they keep all their stuff.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-24-2008, 01:39 AM
Akatsuki's plan is just warmongering? I thought it would be something a bit more epic.

World domination by being the only significant military power.

If Hidan didn't know of that plan, what the hell was he doing there?

Kraco
Fri, 10-24-2008, 07:49 AM
He said he was a new member. Perhaps he simply wasn't told yet. Maybe they first wanted to see he's in Akatsuki to stay, or more likely the big boss just hadn't bothered to tell before now. They are villains, after all.

This was a decent enough episode even though Naruto's stupidity was once again underlined too long. I was actually already beginning to doubt they would choose this simple method of allowing him to proceed because even somebody with Naruto's lack of intelligence should have been able to figure that out immediately - after all, he already did in the first place when he ended up using a clone to help form a rasengan. It demonstrates a somewhat unlikely and epic level of idiocy when they make him invent a wheel two times.

Pessu
Fri, 10-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Akatsukis plan was a let down. I expected it to be something more ewul. Well ok its evil alright but in a corporative way. Like microsoft evil or something like that.

Also narutos new move sucks. Its just a powered up rasengan. Just the kind of a move to destroy a tank with. Hit a ninja? Not so much. He now has like 3 moves, shadow clones, rasengan and powered up rasengan which both require the use of shadows clones. Talk about lack of talent.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-24-2008, 09:35 AM
Akatsukis plan was a let down. I expected it to be something more ewul. Well ok its evil alright but in a corporative way. Like microsoft evil or something like that.

Also narutos new move sucks. Its just a powered up rasengan. Just the kind of a move to destroy a tank with. Hit a ninja? Not so much. He now has like 3 moves, shadow clones, rasengan and powered up rasengan which both require the use of shadows clones. Talk about lack of talent.It's actually his second powerd up Rasengan.

Also, he summons frogs, but you wouldn't know it from Shippuuden.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-24-2008, 10:03 AM
He said he was a new member. Perhaps he simply wasn't told yet. Maybe they first wanted to see he's in Akatsuki to stay, or more likely the big boss just hadn't bothered to tell before now. They are villains, after all.

I was meaning why Hidan wanted to join Akatsuki in the first place if he didn't know about the ultimate motive of Akatsuki to begin with. As villians, I wouldn't have expected them to simply "use each other" without exactly knowing what for.

Abdula
Fri, 10-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Because Hidan seems like he really cares about motives, right Bill. All they had to say was you'll get to kill people and maybe fight some strong opponents.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Because Hidan seems like he really cares about motives, right Bill. All they had to say was you'll get to kill people and maybe fight some strong opponents.

Well, he did say they were "plotting behind his back", and was rather interested in hearing this motive that "lay elsewhere" from the money gathering.

Watching it again, I caught the following:

"Working with us means working for us. If we achieve our goals, yours will be met much faster."

From the sounds of that, I get the feeling that Akatsuki was the one to approached Hidan, and offer their help in exchange Hidan's service. From then on, Hidan's just been following their orders with distaste, but obediently.

Abdula
Fri, 10-24-2008, 10:57 AM
"Working with us means working for us. If we achieve our goals, yours will be met much faster."

From the sounds of that, I get the feeling that Akatsuki was the one to approached Hidan, and offer their help in exchange Hidan's service. From then on, Hidan's just been following their orders with distaste, but obediently.
Ofcourse they approached him, how else would one get into Akatsuki. Its not like you can approach them. And sure the leader mentioned them helping each other achieve their goals, if you buy that nonsense but Hidan has no goals. The guy is immortal and just likes to kill people and I doubt they offered anything other than the opportunity to kill more people since that is all he seems to care about.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-24-2008, 11:00 AM
The guy is immortal and just likes to kill people and I doubt they offered anything other than the opportunity to kill more people since that is all he seems to care about.

I would have thought something about spreading his religion. He seems religious enough, and got kinda pissed at not spreading his word to the "godless Konoha".

Btw, when he dissed Konoha, the leader seemed rather protective. Even if you dismiss it as an objective comment, normally people wouldn't care if you talk shit, unless it's related to them, or they hate you. Bit of old village pride?

Abdula
Fri, 10-24-2008, 11:02 AM
And how does he spread his religion? Yes, by killing people:)

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-24-2008, 11:05 AM
And how does he spread his religion? Yes, by killing people:)

Okay, I get your point. ;)
Still, you can't disagree that "wanting to spread your religion" is subtly different from "The guy is immortal and just likes to kill people and I doubt they offered anything other than the opportunity to kill more people since that is all he seems to care about."

edit: "If we take If we achieve our goals, yours will be met much faster", it would just be funny for Akatsuki to control the world so Hidan can kill it off.

Abdula
Fri, 10-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Btw, when he dissed Konoha, the leader seemed rather protective. Even if you dismiss it as an objective comment, normally people wouldn't care if you talk shit, unless it's related to them, or they hate you. Bit of old village pride?
I didn't get that at all. It seemed more like he was annoyed at Hidan's idiotic view of things.

Okay, I get your point. ;)
Still, you can't disagree that "wanting to spread your religion" is subtly different from "The guy is immortal and just likes to kill people and I doubt they offered anything other than the opportunity to kill more people since that is all he seems to care about."
But it isn't different at all. His religion is killing people and he spreads his religion by killing people. *Insert joke about the crusades*

You don't get the feeling that they'll get rid of Hidan as soon as possible. We already know Kakuzu would kill him if he could and Zetsu doesn't seem to like him either and Hidan really doesn't seem to fit in with Akatsuki. There is the fact that they are all supposed to be super elite ninjas which doesn't describe Hidan at all and unlike the other members of Akatsuki he is very disrepectful. All the guys seem to have this innate respect for each and especially their leader yet Hidan just runs his mouth off like an idiot.

I figure I should mention this since I remember a while back we were having some discussion about clones and what they could/couldn't do and although I don't remember the specifics now. I think the fact that we saw a clone go Kyuubi here, is significant.

KrayZ33
Fri, 10-24-2008, 01:01 PM
can't express how much I hate naruto for using 2 clones now for his "new" technique.

and I'm pretty sure that this hatred will always be refreshed when he throws his new nuke onto his enemies.. and even though it's a nuke, I'm sure naruto will miss them like 5 times before he can score a hit.

give me an example ^^ to be honest, I couldn't think of anything else right now...

Yukimura
Fri, 10-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Akatsuki's plan is boring, but at least it seems like a more reasonable plan than the old "We're just evil for the hell of it".

And I noticed an interesting point to add to the old shadow clone debate, Naruto mentioned that he could only use 200 clones instead of the previous 1000 because of the amount of control and concentration (but not chakra) he had to exert in managing the new rasubergan. This, like the fact that a clone can go tailed Kyubii, seems to imply there is still some link between the original Naruto and the clones even after they are created and there is some amount of resource sharing going on.

Kakashi admitted that he couldn't 'use' clones at the level Naruto was doing to create his rasubergan, which further implies the shadow clone user maintains some level of direction over the clones and that different users can have different levels of control over what they can guide their clones to do. Unfortunately this is starting to sound like a compliment to Naruto and since those aren't allowed here so I'm sure Kakashi is probably just selling himself short or having a mild stroke.

Xyrox
Fri, 10-24-2008, 03:39 PM
DarthEnder, I hate you. If you wonder why, it's because you came up with that use two clones (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=399417&postcount=14) idea. Oh yes, I put whole blame on you.

I actually thought about the same thing. But then again, I just can't drop the idea of him being the Forth. Geez.

The episode was OK, syrup thing unexpected funny.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-24-2008, 06:59 PM
I actually wanted to mention the fact that one of the clones went Kyuubi. That was unexpected.

Could you imagine like 100 Naruto's all with 3 tail cloaks?

Assertn
Fri, 10-24-2008, 11:01 PM
The link doesn't work....

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-25-2008, 04:52 AM
The link doesn't work....

Works fine for me. How so?

ASSpirine
Sat, 10-25-2008, 09:38 AM
or you can just go to the dattebayo site
I for one expected a more diabolical plan too... Hopefuly Akatsuki is an organization that hides another greater purpose
Akatsuki 2 :p

Jessper
Sat, 10-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Works fine for me. How so?

I got an error as well.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-25-2008, 11:45 AM
I guess then you should just search for the same file hosted by mininova or something. It's still working for me, but it might just be sitting in my cache.

Marik
Sat, 10-25-2008, 11:52 AM
The link works fine for me. I tried to add a mininova link earlier for people that are having trouble, but they are performing maintenance.

Pandadice
Sat, 10-25-2008, 12:32 PM
lol, I just read all what you guys were saying. I hate to say it, but I've never though that the writers put as much thought and in-sight into it as you guys seem to do <.<.

awman, finally an end in sight to this seemingly endless ultimate Naruto training session.. that'll be a nice relief after he finishes that just so they don't have to waste time on him training anymore..

I wasn't that impressed with Akatsuki's plan. It is World Domination when you get down to it, which is pretty cliche, and expected. but I don't get how the countries economies run on the ninja villages and their missions.. that whole thing had me going "wait, what?". they're only capturing the like 9 most powerful weapons in existence.. I dunno.. it didn't seem that interesting of a plan.

I didn't get that part where Hidan was all like "you're all just in it for money". Why does he think that? they've had a very specific object. to catch the 9 tailed fox. they just caught the 2 tails. now they're going after the 9 tails. after making a stop, his partner picked up a bounty and decided to cash it in immediately, for convinces sake, in stead of dragging a corpse around with them. they're traveling around the Fire country, looking for the village. So where does he get the idea that all of Akatsuki is only in it for money?

Jessper
Sat, 10-25-2008, 12:57 PM
I guess then you should just search for the same file hosted by mininova or something. It's still working for me, but it might just be sitting in my cache.

I just went to the DB site and grabbed it, just the actual link is bad (has to be cached to work which is useless) not the torrent.

I think the interesting part about Akatsuki's plan is that they are not infusing themselves with the Bijuu (or so it seems) which means Kisame just has an enormous amount of Chakara.

The buildup seemed silly for taking over the world, almost something out of Austin Powers.

Kraco
Sat, 10-25-2008, 03:40 PM
So where does he get the idea that all of Akatsuki is only in it for money?

He's a new member and his partner talks about nothing but money and efficiency. You might get a bit twisted idea of the organization. Plus like the big boss said, the initial phase is to collect money, and this was the first time Hidan heard about the whole plan, so chances are he had only heard about various ways of gathering funds before this. A logical conclusion is the people are only in for money.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 10-25-2008, 04:35 PM
I

But it isn't different at all. His religion is killing people and he spreads his religion by killing people. *Insert joke about the crusades*

actually, isn't he practicing his religion by killing people?

not all religion are into converting others, his 'monastery' method of showing god their love is by ritual killing of others. it isn't a laughing matter, he's protected by freedom of religion.

lilphatboi88
Sat, 10-25-2008, 06:47 PM
From the looks of what we've seen about the leader of akatsuki, it seems like he's from a village that was deserted. Anybody else have anything on this leader?

ASSpirine
Sun, 10-26-2008, 07:29 AM
From the looks of what we've seen about the leader of akatsuki, it seems like he's from a village that was deserted. Anybody else have anything on this leader?

This is just the second time we really "see" him.
After this, how many akatsuki's are still unknown?

Abdula
Sun, 10-26-2008, 09:10 AM
http://ninjanaruto.free.fr/images/484.jpg
You're the one who posted the pic but you still asked the question.

From the looks of what we've seen about the leader of akatsuki, it seems like he's from a village that was deserted.
What gives you that idea?

Rikudo
Sun, 10-26-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm curious to know what skills Zetsu has and who he's partner is in Akatsuki.

KrayZ33
Sun, 10-26-2008, 01:14 PM
well he probably doesn't have a partner, seeing him appearing always alone... and there are 9 members right? So there has to be one who is alone..

He seems to be something like a scout, he warned deidara etc when enemies came closer.
And also, he has this kind of a twisted personality, which means that he is not "really" alone if you know what I mean.

Assertn
Sun, 10-26-2008, 03:12 PM
...unless Zetsu gets partnered with Tobi. Tobi seems to have been following him around before his admittance into the organization.

lilphatboi88
Sun, 10-26-2008, 03:33 PM
You know what I think Zetsu's abilities are?

He has a sword named Zangetsu and he can transform into something that gives him super speed and strength.

lilphatboi88
Sun, 10-26-2008, 03:36 PM
You're the one who posted the pic but you still asked the question.

What gives you that idea?

I got the idea from when Zetsu had his long monologue and was talking about the big countries kind of team up and leave the small villages out to die. He could possibly be the last one from his clan.

Abdula
Sun, 10-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Oh so you picked up on that, not bad. Not bad at all.

Oh just as a disclaimer, I'm not saying you're right or that you're wrong. I just like your idea.

Jessper
Sun, 10-26-2008, 05:25 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious he is from the hidden village of technology from what we saw of him talking.

... right?

Oh ya, and if we are talking about one of the members not having a partner I figure it would be the leader.

Marik
Sun, 10-26-2008, 05:34 PM
I've always figured that Zetsu was his own partner. You know, the black side and the white side. He's like two beings in one.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-26-2008, 07:33 PM
I've always figured that Zetsu was his own partner. You know, the black side and the white side. He's like two beings in one.

He may well be by himself as his role tends to differ from straight combat, but I don't buy the idea that his split personality justifies being "his own partner". From what I see, Akatsuki works in teams of 2 for either performance or safety reasons. Having two personalities doesn't really accomplish both, unless you're a super soldier from the HRL

lilphatboi88
Sun, 10-26-2008, 08:35 PM
What's the HRL?

Another thing I'm thinking about this guy is he could have been a hokage or some type of leader of one of these villages, but all the other hokages feared his power and conspired against him and possibly destroying his village.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-26-2008, 08:58 PM
What's the HRL?

Human Reform League - Gundam 00 reference.

Abdula
Sun, 10-26-2008, 09:33 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious he is from the hidden village of technology from what we saw of him talking.

... right?
Aren't Akatsuki all missing-nins? So why would you think he is in his own village?

-Oh and from the way Zetsu travels I don't think it would be possible for him to have a partner. And in the pic ASSpirine posted that is on the previous page, they all seem to be partnered up, so it seems like the leader and his partner are the two Akatsuki yet to be revealed.

Jessper
Mon, 10-27-2008, 01:47 AM
I was joking about the village of technology bit, I found the setting odd in comparison to the rest of the Naruto world is all.

I guess that makes sense with the picture, perhaps he is mostly recon.

KrayZ33
Mon, 10-27-2008, 05:25 AM
-Oh and from the way Zetsu travels I don't think it would be possible for him to have a partner. And in the pic ASSpirine posted that is on the previous page, they all seem to be partnered up, so it seems like the leader and his partner are the two Akatsuki yet to be revealed.

Yup, that's what I think too, we have seen him appearing everywhere and since he seems to be the one who "cleans everything up" I think he is very mobile and can appear everywhere he wants to.

He seems to be the delivery boy or something like a messenger in Akatsuki

...unless Zetsu gets partnered with Tobi. Tobi seems to have been following him around before his admittance into the organization.

Isn't Tobi's partner Dei....dara now? (can't spell that name)

Kraco
Mon, 10-27-2008, 06:11 AM
Isn't Tobi's partner Dei....dara now? (can't spell that name)

The guy doesn't have arms anymore. Surely he already got kicked out of the group (despite being in that pic). I mean, he's dead weight since it's only so much you can do without arms, especially if you aren't Orochimaru.

Crash
Mon, 10-27-2008, 07:19 AM
The guy doesn't have arms anymore. Surely he already got kicked out of the group (despite being in that pic).

Nope, at 16:00 we get a close up of him. I'm curious what good he is to them at this point aside from being fuel for Bijuu extraction though. It seemed like his ability was fairly dependent on having hands.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Maybe Kuzuku sewed some arms on him. :p

Anyway, I honestly think Zetsu is a Junchuuriki. He's just too inhuman looking not to be. And I think Zetsu's "other personality" is his Bijuu.

Either way, Zetsu is clearly not just a split personality, since his lips move when one of his voices talks, and not when the other talks. If Zetsu's other voice isn't his bijuu, then his "partner" probably lives under his robes. Just like Sakon and Ukon.

Abdula
Mon, 10-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Maybe Kuzuku sewed some arms on him. :p
Obvious answer to an obvious question. Since we did see him go looking for the arm that Kakashi severed and his other arm was merely crushed by Gaara's sand.

Anyway, I honestly think Zetsu is a Junchuuriki. He's just too inhuman looking not to be. And I think Zetsu's "other personality" is his Bijuu..
Anyway no one in Akatsuki is a Jinchuuriki, it just wouldn't make any damn sense, it really annoys me when people say stuff like that. Oro is a Jinchuuriki, Kisame is a Jinchuuriki, and now Zetsu.:rolleyes: :mad:

Besides in this very episode the Akatsuki leader said they're collecting the bijuu and they eventually are going to start releasing them to start wars. No where in his plan did he mention anything about creating new Jinchuuriki. The only one who ever mentioned creating new Jinchuuriki is Chiyo because she couldn't possibly imagine what else the Akatsuki would do with them but if the Akatsuki are able to control the Bijuu without creating Jinchuuriki, they will be far more powerful.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Besides in this very episode the Akatsuki leader said they're collecting the bijuu and they eventually are going to start releasing them to start wars.Thats not what he said, at least, not according to DB. What he said was "we'll start using the bijuu to start manufacturing our own wars". He doesn't say anything about "releasing" them.

You say "if the Akatsuki are able to control the Bijuu without creating Jinchuuriki" but that's a pretty big if. Unless they have the 1st Hokages bloodline, how would they do that? Failing that, making jinchuuriki seems like they only way you'd be able to control the bijuu.

It just seemed really obvious to me. There are 9 bijuu. There are 9 members of Akatsuki. Akatsuki had 2 bijuu already before they caught Shukaku, and Kisame and Zetsu are inhuman looking monsters, and Kisame has ridiculous amounts of chakra. I just assumed Akatsuki had already put the two they captured into them. And I fully expect the next time we see Diedera in action that he'll have the Shukaku inside him.

Abdula
Mon, 10-27-2008, 11:42 AM
:rolleyes: We've been over this so many times, besides Akatsuki originally had ten members and the leader would never risk putting a Bijuu in one of his member when they go around getting killed and killing each other all the damn time. And you say being able to control a bijuu is a big if and I agree it is but I highly doubt they would be attempting to acquire all of them if they couldn't control them. Besides whats with that anyway, we've seen immortal guys, people coming back from the dead and all manner of nonsense and we know its possible for people to control Bijuu, like you said the 1st could do it, so why not an organization of super villains?

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-27-2008, 12:30 PM
And you say being able to control a bijuu is a big if and I agree it is but I highly doubt they would be attempting to acquire all of them if they couldn't control them.Unless they were going to put them inside people.

Kraco
Mon, 10-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Jinchuuriki are overrated anyway. Just consider the current situation: The Akatsuki has captured several bijuu from jinchuuriki with years of experience. Much good did it do to them. The bijuu free of human hosts are likely far more dangerous and powerful. If the plan is to create a mercenary army with international significance, they need to reduce the power of the big nations. That will be easily handled by just releasing those demon monsters in the middle of those countries. There's no particular reason to be able to control them. They will likely destroy everything around them, weakening the bigger nations and creating opportunities for the surrounding smaller ones to wage war.

Edit: Actually, since the Akatsuki has mastered the art of sucking bijuu inside that statue, they could even use the old trick of first creating a problem and then offering a solution to it.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-27-2008, 01:25 PM
If they can actually put them back in the statue after releasing them, then yes, they could be the cause, then pretend to be the solution to, the problem.

If that's the case though, that really makes their plan seem lame. Unlimited sources of chakra and they just use them like cruise missiles.

I just assume that being in Akatsuki, and not caring about any of the social implications of being jinchuuriki, that most of them were there for the purpose of attaining an unlimited chakra supply for themselves.

Abdula
Mon, 10-27-2008, 01:41 PM
If the members were getting bijuu as compensation for joining Akatsuki I doubt that little scene we saw there would have ever happened.

It really does make me wonder what they offered Hidan for him to join. He thinks his cause is righteous and that they were all in it for the money so why did he join them.

KrayZ33
Mon, 10-27-2008, 03:38 PM
The guy doesn't have arms anymore. Surely he already got kicked out of the group (despite being in that pic). I mean, he's dead weight since it's only so much you can do without arms, especially if you aren't Orochimaru.

Ah I got it wrong

tobi in shippuuden (http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=DcwqQDX_ALk&feature=related)

I could only remember the scene when Tobi and Deidara had a "fight", I thought they had an argument while searching for a kyuubi or something like that, thats what made me think they were a team.

but this shows that he seems to be more around Zetsu.. hmm
I just rewatched the last episode and well, at least it's certain that he is a member now, since he is wearing the akatsuki cloak :P

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-27-2008, 10:31 PM
at least it's certain that he is a member now, since he is wearing the akatsuki cloak :PAlso, Hidan says, "I'm the newest member besides Tobi." So Tobi is definitely a member.

That little fucker must be deceptively powerful in contrast to his behavior if they let him join.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-27-2008, 11:36 PM
That little fucker must be deceptively powerful in contrast to his behavior if they let him join.

I'm sure if Zetsu insists "Tobi is a good boy", the other Akatsuki won't say otherwise. ;)

Archangel
Tue, 10-28-2008, 03:00 PM

Well if Tobi joined wouldn't he just take Sasori's place?

Zetsu may be the only one who doesn't have a partner because there seems to be 2 of him ( black and white )

Abdula
Tue, 10-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Exactly. Deidara replaced Orochimaru when Oro left and now Sasori died so the the new guy would obviously replace him. He is wearing his ring after all

Assertn
Tue, 10-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Exactly. Deidara replaced Orochimaru when Oro left and now Sasori died so the the new guy would obviously replace him. He is wearing his ring after all
If the ring is the criteria then you contradicted yourself here, cause obviously Deidara didn't have Oro's ring when he joined.

Archangel
Tue, 10-28-2008, 04:15 PM
If the ring is the criteria then you contradicted yourself here, cause obviously Deidara didn't have Oro's ring when he joined.

Why would orochimaru want to keep the ring when he left akatsuki? That would just be another thing that would make them come after him since the rings seem to be quite important for the organization.

Abdula
Tue, 10-28-2008, 04:19 PM
No the ring isn't the criteria. I'm just saying that is the position that needs to be filled.

ASSpirine
Tue, 10-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Oro's ring was seen on a dead hand in his lair, several times. So, it's not the ring that's the criteria.

Abdula
Tue, 10-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Actually the rings do have some significance, which is why they went look for Sasori's ring and also why we haven't seen a tenth member of Akatsuki since Oro still has his ring.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 10-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Akatsuki Leader is the Mandarin!

lilphatboi88
Tue, 10-28-2008, 06:19 PM
the Mandarin?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-28-2008, 06:29 PM
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm164/poneeboyz/Code%20Geass/ORANGEKUN.jpg

Archangel
Tue, 10-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Actually the rings do have some significance, which is why they went look for Sasori's ring and also why we haven't seen a tenth member of Akatsuki since Oro still has his ring.

Probably has something to do with the removing of the bijuus.

Abdula
Tue, 10-28-2008, 10:10 PM
True, the rings probably have something to do with that bijuu extraction jutsu since each ring is worn on a specific finger and during the jutsu the members stand on the corresponding finger.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 10-28-2008, 11:23 PM
the Mandarin?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandarin_(comics)

Archangel
Wed, 10-29-2008, 06:32 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandarin_(comics)

Fixed the link for you, and btw i still don't get the connection between the 2.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-29-2008, 07:15 AM
He too sought world domination through economic means.

Jessper
Wed, 10-29-2008, 10:15 AM
He gets his powers through 10 rings, one on each finger. C'mon now guys.

KrayZ33
Wed, 10-29-2008, 12:23 PM
"He can voluntarily give temporary control over a ring to his servants, however. If the servant dies or falls unconscious, the rings teleport back to the Mandarin. Conversely, if the Mandarin himself is knocked out, all the rings automatically return to him."
+
"Left Ring finger — "Mental-Intensifier"

the fact, that itachi wears his ring on the right ring finger aside.

when naruto, kakashi and co were fighting that fake Itchi, didn't he also wear that ring?
and it was also shown that he could use his illusion technique on naruto with just pointing his finger on him.

so couldn't it be that they also inhabit the powers of the original wearer somehow?
or maybe the ring makes it possible that he can use his technique even when they don't look into his eyes?

lilphatboi88
Wed, 10-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Looks like the Naruto thread is back alive.

Only a matter of time...til filler kills it.

Archangel
Wed, 10-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Looks like the Naruto thread is back alive.

Only a matter of time...til filler kills it.

The naruto manga has enough material for 100 good episodes and 140 shitty ones, so it should be a while till we have to see filler hell again.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-29-2008, 07:11 PM
At least Jessper understands!

Jessper
Wed, 10-29-2008, 09:03 PM
At least Jessper understands!

I got your back.

ASSpirine
Thu, 10-30-2008, 03:40 PM
I am wondering how Deidara is doing his jutsu for the extractment of the bijuu. One handed jutsu we have seen, really fast jutsu's where you think no seals have been formed we have seen too. But handless jutsu's...
Think we can safely assume Kakuzu had something to do with that

Archangel
Thu, 10-30-2008, 03:46 PM
I am wondering how Deidara is doing his jutsu for the extractment of the bijuu. One handed jutsu we have seen, really fast jutsu's where you think no seals have been formed we have seen too. But handless jutsu's...
Think we can safely assume Kakuzu had something to do with that

Watch the opening, Deidara has 2 arms again. I get it that kazuku helped him with the one kakashi took from him but i wonder how he got back the one destroyed by gaara.

Abdula
Thu, 10-30-2008, 04:41 PM
It wasn't completely destroyed it was merely crushed, kinda like how Lee's arms and legs were crushed. All he needed was someone with some good medical ninjutsu and I'm sure Akatsuki has those, maybe Kakuzu himself.

Archangel
Thu, 10-30-2008, 05:10 PM
It wasn't completely destroyed it was merely crushed, kinda like how Lee's arms and legs were crushed. All he needed was someone with some good medical ninjutsu and I'm sure Akatsuki has those, maybe Kakuzu himself.

Even if that was true it would have its bones completely shattered and overall it would be seriously messed up. Besides that would mean that they actually went to the sand country to retrieve it, so it sounds a little too farfetched to me.

Abdula
Thu, 10-30-2008, 06:10 PM
Do you not remember the chuunin exam. Lee's bones were shattered and he was seriously messed up which is why they needed Tsunade to fix him would've been even worse if Gai hadn't stepped in when he did. And I don't know what you're thinking of but Gaara didn't rip Deidara's arm off, its not his style, he just crushed it.

Archangel
Thu, 10-30-2008, 06:15 PM
Yeah but by crushing it he severed the arm from the rest of the body, it was nothing like the attack on lee because he at least got to keep all his limbs.

lilphatboi88
Thu, 10-30-2008, 06:17 PM
Yeah, I thought his arm was crushed and throughout the rest of the fight with Gaara, you can see he doesn't have an arm.

Abdula
Thu, 10-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Meh, okay but it doesn't really matter now does it. He went looking for his right arm so why not the left too and it would be easy enough if Zetsu did it. The only other possibility would be that he somehow grew back his arm, which considering that its Akatsuki we're talking about is possible but really you don't think thats a bit more far fetched than simply retrieving his arm.

Archangel
Thu, 10-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Well the thing is that if there was anything left of his arm to retrieve don't you think the sand would have obtained it first so they could try to discover more about akatsuki?

I mean cmon it's an arm with a freaking mouth, who wouldn't want to examine that??

Abdula
Thu, 10-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Well considering all that was going on at the time I doubt they recovered it, I doubt they even knew it happened they were kinda preoccupied with Gaara, possible traitors and the numerous dead ninjas. Even if they did, Zetsu.

Archangel
Thu, 10-30-2008, 07:26 PM
How would zetsu manage to look for an arm inside an enemy area that big without being found?

Besides, i still think the sand crushed the arm to nothing but dust.

Abdula
Thu, 10-30-2008, 07:32 PM
How would zetsu manage to look for an arm inside an enemy area that big without being found?
You're not serious right.

Besides, i still think the sand crushed the arm to nothing but dust.
Okay, never mind then.

Kraco
Fri, 10-31-2008, 10:58 AM
Even if they did, Zetsu.

What is Zetsu? Deus ex machina?

I guess if Kishimoto decided to keep Deidara The Armless Ninja in Akatsuki, it doesn't much matter how he got his arms back. It's just slightly funny Orochimaru was so desperate to find a way to get his back and he's a bloody body modification mastermind himself. That didn't suggest it's such a piece of cake.

Archangel
Fri, 10-31-2008, 11:11 AM
Even more funny is how he left an organization who had an immortal in order to find immortality on his own. Guess his lust for the sharingan knows no boundaries.

Abdula
Fri, 10-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Uh he already had his immortality jutsu before he left Akatsuki. You should know that. Oro wanted the sharingan so he could gain more power and so he could use it to learn every jutsu in existence, that was his goal, remember.

What is Zetsu? Deus ex machina?
He is Akatsuki, so short answer, yes.

I guess if Kishimoto decided to keep Deidara The Armless Ninja in Akatsuki, it doesn't much matter how he got his arms back. It's just slightly funny Orochimaru was so desperate to find a way to get his back and he's a bloody body modification mastermind himself. That didn't suggest it's such a piece of cake.
But there wasn't anything physically wrong with his arms remember, Sarutobi sealed that part of his soul I doubt even Tsunade could have healed him. We've seen Oro regrow arms, even his head so its entirely different from Deidara's case, where his arms were simply severed.

Archangel
Fri, 10-31-2008, 11:28 AM
If i had to choose i'd still prefer Hidan's immortality over orochimaru's , at least i'd always be at full power instead of becoming some useless lump every 3 years till i got a new body.

But the sharigan is just too much for Oro to resist i guess.

Abdula
Fri, 10-31-2008, 11:34 AM
If i had to choose i'd still prefer Hidan's immortality over orochimaru's , at least i'd always be at full power instead of becoming some useless lump every 3 years till i got a new body.
What, what are you saying. You know thats not exactly true. Anyway Oro's is far superior because he isn't limited to just a physical body, and even if the body dies that doesn't mean he will. Plus chopping of Oro's head or limbs isn't going to incapacitate him, it isn't going to do anything at all.

Assertn
Fri, 10-31-2008, 12:22 PM
Lee recovered because of Tsunade: The world's greatest medic ninja. Even then, it was still a 50/50 shot.

ASSpirine
Fri, 10-31-2008, 12:27 PM
I recall seeing only 1 arm on Deidara after the Gaara fight
He definitely lost it, what happened afterwards we can only find out when he appears again

DarthEnderX
Sat, 11-01-2008, 01:48 PM
I think it would be highly likely that if Diedera needed a new arm he could just cut one off some random guy and that Kuzuku could sew it onto his body.

Of course, then there's the thing of his hand having mouths. But that might not actually be something special about his hands. That could just be a jutsu.

Archangel
Sat, 11-01-2008, 05:42 PM
I think it would be highly likely that if Diedera needed a new arm he could just cut one off some random guy and that Kuzuku could sew it onto his body.

Of course, then there's the thing of his hand having mouths. But that might not actually be something special about his hands. That could just be a jutsu.

Probably some sort of forbidden jutsu for body modification just like orochimaru.