PDA

View Full Version : Help Remembering an Anime. Please HELP!

Paulyboy
Sat, 10-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Okay im trying to remember an anime I used to watch like 3 or 4 years ago. I think it was on scifi anime or something like that.

The story I remember so far was about a man who was experimented and made into an android or robot (something of that nature). They let him go and watch him closely. I remember one scene where thugs were about to mug him then he suddenly kills all of them.

I believe the animation was a bit close to Ergo Proxy.

I'm really trying to remember because I have watched a lot of anime and always finished it. And I need to finish this one!!! Help would be appreciated, my fellow gotwooters.

Munsu
Sat, 10-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Was the anime from 3 or 4 years ago? Or is that simply when you were watching it?
At the moment it doesn't ring any bells to me.

Maybe Gungrave?

Got any other details?

Paulyboy
Sat, 10-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Lol I remember you helping me find Gungrave anime a long time ago, when I was a nub but no its not it. Gungrave was bad ass though.

Well its set in the near future, it was a bit similar to ergo proxy with robots and such.

Edit: I don't know if the anime was 3 or 4 years old. YOU MUST USE YOUR ANIME KNOWLEDGE!!! THE ONE THEY CALLED BUDWEINEKEN!

Munsu
Sat, 10-18-2008, 11:03 PM
There's Solty Rei.

Paulyboy
Sat, 10-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Man so so close, but no its not it (sorry for the hard work). Is there a website that I could use that has like a recommendation thingy, that's like close to that series. (Sorry its hard for me to explain things).

Edit: I just remembered that the guy had an accident and got hurt. So these scientists made him into an android and he start freaking out. One of the scientists was a blond haired woman. So they let him go but at the same time they are watching him.

Munsu
Sun, 10-19-2008, 12:37 AM
I'm just using anidb.net...

Maybe Android Kikaider

animus
Sun, 10-19-2008, 10:11 AM
I was thinking it might be Project Arms, but they only worked on his arm, and didn't make him an android.

Munsu
Sun, 10-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Wow, Project ARMS... I don't know how I didn't consider that. That 3 year thing through me off. But yeah, Project ARMS seems like a good choice... given that I was probably the guy that introduced that series to many here.

Paulyboy
Sun, 10-19-2008, 06:27 PM
Lol Project Arms was a good anime but no its not it. The art style is way different from Android Kikaider. The art style of the anime I am looking for is similar to Project Arms though. Its not a superhero anime, its actually like a android anime but a bit serious tone to it. Like a physiological thriller to it. Its a guy who's freaking out because he just got turned into an android, so he is mad and confused.

Edit: Yeah im gonna also look on anidb.net

Munsu
Sun, 10-19-2008, 06:44 PM
OK, I got one for you... Texhnolyze?

KoKo37
Sun, 10-19-2008, 06:52 PM
I looked for anime that aired on the Sci Fi Channel on wikipedia and found this list (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sci_Fi_Channel_(United_States)_programs#An ime_shown_on_Sci_Fi), perhaps it's one of those series?

Paulyboy
Sun, 10-19-2008, 06:53 PM
OMFG! You are an anime god Budweinken, THANK YOU! Fuck now I can finish watching it lol. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope its good.

Edit: Thank you for taking your time to help me find it. Really appreciate it.