PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather...

Animeniax
Mon, 10-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Would you rather be super-intelligent but frail like Stephen Hawking or have the body of a pro athlete and have an IQ of 70?

Abdula
Mon, 10-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Well since I already fall into the first category, I would of course take the latter. On second thought I'd rather have a brain, at least then I can have decent conversations with people and the body isn't going to be any good to me if I don't know how to do anything with it.

Sapphire
Tue, 10-14-2008, 10:49 AM
Would you rather eat half of a slightly moldy dollar bill or lick a subway pole in the sweltering hot summer vigorously for 1.5 seconds?

Animeniax
Tue, 10-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Eat the slightly moldy dollar and maybe get a stomachache. Lick that pole and you might get AIDs.

animus
Tue, 10-14-2008, 12:19 PM
How about sticking the moldy dollar to the subway pole, and licking that?

Xelbair
Tue, 10-14-2008, 12:56 PM
Well, i would choose intellect over stupidity and strength, because i hate stupidity irl. Also when you are intelligent you can manipulate strong and stupid guys to do the job for you.

Animeniax
Tue, 10-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Yes, but look how happy big dumb pro athletes are, and how unhappy brilliant weaklings like some of us are.

Would you rather not get in a flame war with Abdula or Mizuchi?

Dark Dragon
Tue, 10-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Yes, but look how happy big dumb pro athletes are, and how unhappy brilliant weaklings like some of us are.

Would you rather not get in a flame war with Abdula or Mizuchi?

Would you really call getting into a flame war of any kind brilliant though?

animus
Tue, 10-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Especially a flame war involving Mizuchi. That's like listening to a retard with a lisp talk about how he's gonna put it in your butt.

Abdula
Tue, 10-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Damn it, Animus its a shame I can't give you a pos rep for that post.

animus
Tue, 10-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Is it because you don't love me?

Abdula
Tue, 10-14-2008, 10:40 PM
No its because I already pos repped you somewhere else:D

animus
Tue, 10-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Oh, how sweet ;)

Back on topic with a new question: Would you rather get a paper cut in your webbings (the little flabby skin in between your fingers), or a sharp punch to the kidney?

python862
Wed, 10-15-2008, 12:03 AM
I'd take the papercut. While it stings forever, it'll eventually fade away, whereas the kidney punch has a risk of some serious internal injury. I can deal with a sting, but I don't feel like dealing with possible fatality.

Would you rather take a gunshot for a friend, or be the one who shoots him?

Animeniax
Wed, 10-15-2008, 03:25 AM
Would you really call getting into a flame war of any kind brilliant though?The flame war part was a new "would you rather" question, separate from the original dumb/strong or smart/weak question.

Damn it, Animus its a shame I can't give you a pos rep for that post.This isn't the flame pit, please keep this thread clean.

Would you rather take a gunshot for a friend, or be the one who shoots him?I've never been shot but I imagine it's painful as all get out, so I'd rather shoot him. At least then I'd know for sure that the remorse was genuine towards the victim.

Would you rather be a 40-year old virgin or a 20 year old with several incurable STDs?

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-15-2008, 03:38 AM
40 year old virgin. You can do still get a life. If not, you can still do something with your life. Like be a monk. I'd think STDs are nasty.

Would you rather have anal sex with a man or screw your mum? (I don't know where I got this from...might be from this very forum :p)

Animeniax
Wed, 10-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Depends, would you be the giver or the taker in the man-man love scenario? If I was the giver, I'd take that over the mom thing. Otherwise I would shoot myself in the head and be done with it.

Would you rather be falsely accused of murder or falsely accused of being gay?

Aclypze
Wed, 10-15-2008, 02:17 PM
What the heck, I made this thread like 2 or 3 years ago... hehe.

I would rather be accused of being gay cause I have a girlfriend and the consequences of being accused of murder is far worse.

Would you rather get stuck in an elevator for 24 hrs with diarrhea or be stuck on a stranded island for a week.

Animeniax
Wed, 10-15-2008, 02:38 PM
I would rather be accused of being gay cause I have a girlfriend and the consequences of being accused of murder is far worse.Yeah but if you're innocent of murder you'll most likely be acquitted at trial. It would be ok as long as they released you on bail. Serving time while awaiting trial would suck.

Getting accused of being gay would suck worse because people would always have that question in their mind about you. Sham marriages/girlfriends only hint that you're living a lie.

Would you rather get stuck in an elevator for 24 hrs with diarrhea or be stuck on a stranded island for a week.Too easy, I would rather be stranded on the island. It would be a cool test of my non-existant survival skills. As long as I could find potable water, I could survive a week on berries and hopefully fish and maybe boar, and sleep under some branches from a tree.

Having diarrhea even for 30 minutes is terrible. If you had it for 24 hours, all you'd have to do is get sleepy and you'd wake to find yourself sitting in poo.

I don't want to answer all of these scenarios myself, so everyone feel free to respond multiple times to the same question.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 10-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Yeah but if you're innocent of murder you'll most likely be acquitted at trial.

You must think that if someone's innocent they have nothing to worry about :rolleyes:

Board of Command
Wed, 10-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Having diarrhea even for 30 minutes is terrible. If you had it for 24 hours, all you'd have to do is get sleepy and you'd wake to find yourself sitting in poo.
Actually it's very hard to fall asleep if you have diarrhea.

animus
Wed, 10-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Would you rather fight off a Grizzly Bear or a Siberian Tiger?

python862
Wed, 10-15-2008, 07:02 PM
Either way you choose, I count it as a lose-lose situation. You're bound to lose a limb or two while fighting either, but if I were to choose for the quicker death, I'd go for the tiger.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-15-2008, 07:58 PM
Actually it's very hard to fall asleep if you have diarrhea.

Every time I have diarrhoea I feel like I'm going to die. So the island it is.

Fight or simply encounter a bear/tiger? I'd rather the bear. Better chance of survival IMO. But I think it might have more endurance :(

animus
Wed, 10-15-2008, 08:28 PM
Fight, as in mortal combat.

For me, I'd probably say surviving the tiger would be easier.

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 10-15-2008, 09:25 PM
You'd have way better chances with the bear. No matter what, fight, flight or play dead, that tiger will fuck you up.

Animeniax
Wed, 10-15-2008, 11:19 PM
You must think that if someone's innocent they have nothing to worry about :rolleyes:Nah, I just think it's not as bad as the stigma of being gay when you're not.

Look at Ernest Givens of the Houston Oilers (mid-1990s). Teammates thought he was gay, and he feels it resulted in his ostracism and trade and eventual early retirement.

Actually it's very hard to fall asleep if you have diarrhea.Depends on how tired you are I guess. Really you wouldn't have to fall asleep, just nod off for a second and lose the necessary force of will to keep the gates closed, then it's over.

Board of Command
Thu, 10-16-2008, 12:42 AM
Depends on how tired you are I guess. Really you wouldn't have to fall asleep, just nod off for a second and lose the necessary force of will to keep the gates closed, then it's over.
I guess it all depends on your willpower. I've never let the gates burst open.

Animeniax
Thu, 10-16-2008, 01:55 AM
I guess it all depends on your willpower. I've never let the gates burst open.I'll admit I did once, though when I went to sleep I did not knowingly have diarrhea. When I woke up, the evidence was there.

Would you rather get beaten up by a hot chick or a kid half your age? And no, no hot MMA stars like Gina Carano are allowed in this question.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 10-16-2008, 03:43 AM
I guess it all depends on your willpower. I've never let the gates burst open.

Then you haven't had explosive diarrhea.

rockmanj
Thu, 10-16-2008, 03:45 AM
Well, it depends on what kind of IQ test you're using, and remember that Iq testing doesn't really mean someone will be intelligent, and blah blah, but hmm, I'd say the former if i had to choose, I suppose.

Psyke
Thu, 10-16-2008, 03:49 AM
Fight, as in mortal combat.

For me, I'd probably say surviving the tiger would be easier.

Is it more possible to outrun a bear or a tiger? If running is not an option, a tiger would be easier than a bear, but your chances are slim at best too.

Kraco
Thu, 10-16-2008, 04:12 AM
Is it more possible to outrun a bear or a tiger? If running is not an option, a tiger would be easier than a bear, but your chances are slim at best too.

You won't be outrunning either. Both are much faster runners than olympics winners.

Bears are omnivores, though, whereas tigers pure carnivores. I'd take the bear because it's not a pure predator and thus logic dictates not as efficient a killer. Having lived with a cat for years I witnessed many times a cat can't help but hunt and kill anything it views as potential prey. I'm not sure of bears but I suspect their hunting instincts aren't as intense as they spend a lot of time eating berries and other such stuff.

Animeniax
Thu, 10-16-2008, 04:42 AM
I'm having a hard time understanding why there's so much debate about the least compelling scenario in this thread.

@rockmanj: are you answering the first scenario, dumb/strong or smart/weak?

Would you rather get beaten up by a hot chick or a kid half your age? And no, no hot MMA stars like Gina Carano are allowed in this question.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-16-2008, 05:35 AM
You won't be outrunning either. Both are much faster runners than olympics winners.

I lolled at the thought of Usain Bolt pulling poses as he outruns a bear. Or so he thought :p

python862
Thu, 10-16-2008, 05:45 AM
I'd literally be ashamed if I got beaten up by an eight year old, so in this case, I choose the hot chick.

Death BOO Z
Thu, 10-16-2008, 06:21 AM
Heck, getting beat up is physical contact, so I'd go with a got chick any day of the week.
I'm not joking.

oh, I still believe that taking out a bear is a more realistic option than taking down a tiger.

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-16-2008, 07:26 AM
I'd literally be ashamed if I got beaten up by an eight year old, so in this case, I choose the hot chick.
You have obviously never fought a team of 8 year-olds.

Their fists are crotch height, and if you don't tell them not to kick your shins, they'll do it as hard as they possibly can.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 10-16-2008, 07:31 AM
Would you rather fight off a Grizzly Bear or a Siberian Tiger?

http://www.stuffmagazine.com/articles/index.aspx?id=965

Someone show me a story like this about a man and a tiger.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-16-2008, 07:33 AM
You have obviously never fought a team of 8 year-olds.

Their fists are crotch height, and if you don't tell them not to kick your shins, they'll do it as hard as they possibly can.

That's what's hard about teaching 8 yr olds their place...they have no qualm about punching your balls. Still, I'm with python on this one. It definitely feels more shameful to be beaten by kids then a member of the opposite sex.

Especially these days, where kids are cocky, and sexes are supposedly equal ;)

animus
Thu, 10-16-2008, 08:39 AM
http://www.stuffmagazine.com/articles/index.aspx?id=965

Someone show me a story like this about a man and a tiger.

There's a big difference between a Grizzly Bear and a Black Bear. The Bear in that is what? A pathetic 200 pound bear, and 5'7 on its hind legs?

Honestly, if say either a tiger or a grizzly knocks you onto your back and gets on top of you. Chances are it's easier to shake off the tiger. The Grizzly just has the sheer strength, and weight to stay on you, and attempts at hitting the bears bulk would probably prove better insulation at damage.

There's some 1500 pound grizzlies out there that can run 30 mph. God forbid.

Animeniax
Thu, 10-16-2008, 08:55 AM
I don't know, I saw on Legends of the Fall where Brad Pitt's character knifed a grizzly bear to death.

rockmanj
Thu, 10-16-2008, 10:41 AM
I'm having a hard time understanding why there's so much debate about the least compelling scenario in this thread.

@rockmanj: are you answering the first scenario, dumb/strong or smart/weak?

Yea, sorry, I was late...but as for the current questions: bear,island, and hot chick. Like, bears are nowhere as scary as tigers, I feel maybe I can transfer my forest survival skills into island survival skills, and like, maybe you can parley that aggression into hot sex (it has worked for many people I know!).

Kraco
Thu, 10-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Honestly, if say either a tiger or a grizzly knocks you onto your back and gets on top of you. Chances are it's easier to shake off the tiger. The Grizzly just has the sheer strength, and weight to stay on you, and attempts at hitting the bears bulk would probably prove better insulation at damage.

The big cats preferably kill their prey by crushing the windpipe (or the whole neck should the prey be smaller). They don't just slowly maul you with their claws and teeth like the bear in Uchiha Barles's article. The big cats are the most perfect killing machines on land (after us humans, naturally).

And most certainly a hot chick. Besides, hot chicks can know kung fu (unless the MMA reference excludes that)... Although half my age would be already 15 but that would still piss me off slightly.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 10-16-2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna go with the bear for this one. It's like kraco said, tigers and other cats are like animal martial artists. They do things like go for the leg muscles, tendons and ligaments to stop you from moving, and then move in for the efficient kill. While a grizzly can weight up to 1500 lbs, and a tiger up to 650 lbs (both approximate weights), you've got to look at your fighting chances here. The tiger's more agile than the bear. I could totally see myself outmaneuvering a bear, but a tiger? Nuh uh. So, give me an 8 inch knife and a 1200 lbs grizzly, and I think I'd have a fighting chance at killing it, or getting away. Against a tiger...nuh uh.

On the hot chick vs. kid half my age thing, I'd rather go with the kid half my age. The older I get, the more sense it makes. I hate losing fights when my opponent and I are pretty much evenly matched.

animus
Thu, 10-16-2008, 01:32 PM
I'd still say the bear. Even with a knife, you probably won't do much against a bear with that much fat and muscle. Bears have been known to break the spine of bulls with a single maul. Now that's scary. Bears do the same, they bite the jugular first, or bite the shoulders of animals, disabling their prey. They have a pretty impressive bite strength. A 800 pound grizzly can produce approximately 1500 pounds of bite strength. I'd believe the tiger would have a similiar amount.

If we change the scenario and pit the tiger versus the bear, who would come out on top?

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 10-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Hrrrrm...I think I might actually go with the bear on this one. The only reason is that I don't know if the tiger would be thinking defensively. I doubt it would do something like move around the bear and catch it's ankles. Like, if the tiger were to attack me from the front or the rear...I don't think it makes that big of a difference, but if the tiger attacks the bear from the front, it's not going to take the bear out, and the bear can just fall on the tiger and maul it, or smash it in the skull or something.

Animeniax
Thu, 10-16-2008, 01:49 PM
I'd still say the bear. Even with a knife, you probably won't do much against a bear with that much fat and muscle. Bears have been known to break the spine of bulls with a single maul. Now that's scary. Bears do the same, they bite the jugular first, or bite the shoulders of animals, disabling their prey. They have a pretty impressive bite strength. A 800 pound grizzly can produce approximately 1500 pounds of bite strength. I'd believe the tiger would have a similiar amount.

If we change the scenario and pit the tiger versus the bear, who would come out on top?Whaaaat? When have bears and bulls ever gotten together to fight? In the jungles of Iceland or something? I think you were watching that show Animal Face-Off on Animal Planet or some shit. That or you were watching Transformers: Beast Wars and thought that shit was real.

edit: I checked the show's fights: in the Siberian tiger vs brown bear fight, the bear won as follows:

The brown bear attempted to steal the tiger's kill, not fight the tiger. The tiger tried to bite the brown bear's throat, but failed. Then, the tiger jumped up on the bear from behind and bit it on the nape. The bear finished the fight by breaking the tiger's back and biting it on the neck.
Given a grizzly is even bigger and meaner than a brown bear, that tiger is deadmeat, which means you are also dead meat, unless you can beat a tiger mano-a-mano.

Animeniax
Thu, 10-16-2008, 02:11 PM
Would you rather be stung by 100 wasps, or punched 100 times?

animus
Thu, 10-16-2008, 02:12 PM
This stuff happens in the wild you know. There's cattle and bears all over the world, and can inhabit the same territory.

Uchiha Barles
Thu, 10-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Whaaaat? When have bears and bulls ever gotten together to fight? In the jungles of Iceland or something? I think you were watching that show Animal Face-Off on Animal Planet or some shit. That or you were watching Transformers: Beast Wars and thought that shit was real.

edit: I checked the show's fights: in the Siberian tiger vs brown bear fight, the bear won as follows:

Given a grizzly is even bigger and meaner than a brown bear, that tiger is deadmeat, which means you are also dead meat, unless you can beat a tiger mano-a-mano.

The tiger didn't take the bears weight into account. You, would. The tiger, on the other hand, doesn't lose much by not taking your weight into account. Your strategy against the bear is to outmaneuver him and hit him in vulnerable spots. Your strategy against the tiger is to pray you catch him in the eye as he leaps at you. While he may not bother trying to run behind you, if you try to run behind him, you'll fail.

Assuming you're talking effective punching, I'd go with wasps. The punching will for sure kill you. Even if the wasp stings would kill you, I'd probably hurt less.

Would you rather have a loyal partner in a loveless relationship, or a cheating partner in a love(ful?) relationship?

Animeniax
Thu, 10-16-2008, 02:54 PM
This stuff happens in the wild you know. There's cattle and bears all over the world, and can inhabit the same territory.Like I said, you must be talking about the jungles of Iceland, where animals that inhabit completely different climate zones get together to see who's king. I think it happens once every 20 years, when the stars align and ice bridges form so the animals can make the trek to the sacred battleground.

Would you rather have a loyal partner in a loveless relationship, or a cheating partner in a love(ful?) relationship?
I'd pick loveless faith. At least she can be depended on to stick with you until you're both old and the kids have been raised and the mortgage paid.

The sex and emotion of a faithless marriage would be great for a while, then just wear you out. Plus you'll never know when that cheating partner will bail on you and the kids and the mortgage.

Abdula
Thu, 10-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Come on people, even if Bear beats Tiger you are no bear, and its far more likely that you will survive being attacked by a bear than being attacked by a tiger.

Board of Command
Thu, 10-16-2008, 06:02 PM
I think a bear would do more damage to you than a tiger.

Abdula
Thu, 10-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Sure but you could potentially survive a beating by a bear, but if the tiger rips your throat out, game over.

XanBcoo
Thu, 10-16-2008, 06:51 PM
I was going to agree with animus that a bear will do way more damage to you than a tiger, but then I recalled hearing all these stories about people surviving bear attacks and living to tell about it. Sure, they quite literally have half their faces missing, but you don't often hear about "tiger attack survivors".

Some of you are being unrealistic. I'm not going to even entertain the idea that I'd survive fighting either one. I pick the one that would kill me the fastest - the tiger.

Board of Command
Thu, 10-16-2008, 07:35 PM
I was going to agree with animus that a bear will do way more damage to you than a tiger, but then I recalled hearing all these stories about people surviving bear attacks and living to tell about it. Sure, they quite literally have half their faces missing, but you don't often hear about "tiger attack survivors".
You don't hear about them because you don't encounter tigers in the forest when you go camping. Tigers don't just walk around, and if you want to encounter one, you have to buy a ticket to the zoo.

animus
Thu, 10-16-2008, 07:41 PM
Especially since most tigers are endangered. Bears are tenacious beasts. They eat everything, hibernate during the winter where food is scarce (improving chances of survival), so their population is on the high side. And according to wikipedia, they're apparently somewhat intelligent, being halfway between a primate and dogs on a scale.

Board of Command
Thu, 10-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Not to mention, a grizzly bear has much greater muscle mass than a tiger. They can stand on two legs and maul you with their front legs, while tigers can only stay on all fours and swipe at you.

python862
Thu, 10-16-2008, 08:40 PM
Some of you are being unrealistic. I'm not going to even entertain the idea that I'd survive fighting either one. I pick the one that would kill me the fastest - the tiger.
I remember saying something like this.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Not to mention, a grizzly bear has much greater muscle mass than a tiger. They can stand on two legs and maul you with their front legs, while tigers can only stay on all fours and swipe at you.

But is that really such a disadvantage? I'm not sure if bears can dodge side to side, but I'm pretty sure tigers can. And pounces really kill. We can talk after surviving that.

Board of Command
Thu, 10-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Why would a bear or tiger need to dodge you? They're never going to be on the defensive. In fact, you don't even want to land any hits on them because that would only infuriate them more, giving them ATK +5.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Why would a bear or tiger need to dodge you? They're never going to be on the defensive. In fact, you don't even want to land any hits on them because that would only infuriate them more, giving them ATK +5.

We're assuming that you're both after each other. You can't run away, so you'll have to take it down. As for why a bear or tiger would need to dodge, they're not invincible. I don't know if we're talking about unarmed combat, but in the case of the guy with the nice above, the bear dodged some of his knife slashes.

Board of Command
Thu, 10-16-2008, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't even struggle. You know you have no chance unless you have a gun or other debilitating weapon.

The Heretic Azazel
Thu, 10-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Judging from that statement BOC I'm surprised you haven't dropped dead because you found it too troubling to breathe.

As for Ani's question, who is punching and what part of the body?

6Zabuza9
Thu, 10-16-2008, 10:38 PM
IMO surviving in a fight against a grizzly would be easier than surviving a fight with a Siberian tiger. The main factor on my decision would be the speed of the animals, as tigers would be agile and aim for vital points without a moments hesitation, where as grizzlies are known to have slower attacks (but still a bit faster than what a normal human can dodge at) and powerful blows, but charge and maul at you wildly attacking any body part they can reach. As well, another factor that bears are probably easier to run away from is that bears are omnivores and humans aren't usually on their natural diet, where as tigers are known to hunt and eat people for food. Also there has been cases where people just acted dead in front of grizzlies and the grizzlies ignored them. So I would choose fighting a wild grizzly, as if you are skilled enough there might be a chance of defeating a grizzly by either out smarting it or training your self to dodge fast attacks then go attack vital points.

This is like asking would you rather fight a buff and skilled roman gladiator or fight a skilled ninja.

Board of Command
Thu, 10-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Judging from that statement BOC I'm surprised you haven't dropped dead because you found it too troubling to breathe.
Yeah, because breathing is the same kind of ordeal as fighting a bear or tiger.

When it's hopeless, it's hopeless.

Psyke
Thu, 10-16-2008, 10:57 PM
This is like asking would you rather fight a buff and skilled roman gladiator or fight a skilled ninja.

Hmmm..... so which would you take? :D

I'd take the ninja. He might decide to end my misery in a more honorable way. :o

Animeniax
Thu, 10-16-2008, 11:21 PM
You don't hear about them because you don't encounter tigers in the forest when you go camping. Tigers don't just walk around, and if you want to encounter one, you have to buy a ticket to the zoo.
Yeah, like those two pakistani brothers and their mexican friend in that one zoo incident.

This is like asking would you rather fight a buff and skilled roman gladiator or fight a skilled ninja.I would rather fight the ninja, cause you won't even see it coming. Has to be better than a gladiator rushing at you.

Animeniax
Fri, 10-17-2008, 03:51 AM
As for Ani's question, who is punching and what part of the body?Let's say it's a 17 year old guy who plays football and he can punch you wherever, just not more than twice in the same spot.

Would you rather eat dog or sewer rat?

Kraco
Fri, 10-17-2008, 04:02 AM
Dog most certainly. It would be dubious to eat something that grew up in sewers eating who knows what. Dogs, however, look pretty tasty... Roasted and spiced.

Animeniax
Fri, 10-17-2008, 04:09 AM
I didn't think that would be such an easy question to answer, though you Europeans often have pet rats. People in the US and Canada seem to be more dog-lovers.

So let's spice it up a bit: food shortage, desperate times, need to feed your family of 4 who haven't eaten in 2 days. You have two options, would you rather eat your family's pet dog or a sewer rat?

darkshadow
Fri, 10-17-2008, 06:35 AM
sewer rat, rat burger from demolition man convinced me.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-17-2008, 07:28 AM
Rat, with ketshup.
I don't think there's even a question about it.
you can train your dog to hunt rats for you, but after you eat the dog, you've got nothing.

Animeniax
Fri, 10-17-2008, 09:01 AM
If your dog chases rats, it could catch rabies, then you'd have a rabid dog that is no longer useful as a pet, a hunting dog, or food. Or is rabid animal meat still edible?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-17-2008, 09:39 AM
So let's spice it up a bit: food shortage, desperate times, need to feed your family of 4 who haven't eaten in 2 days. You have two options, would you rather eat your family's pet dog or a sewer rat?

Now that's not simply just animal vs animal, but an entity you know vs one you don't.

Pet dog vs Pet rat would be a fairer comparison, though not by much.

Animeniax
Fri, 10-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Well yeah but how fair a comparison is a clean dog versus a sewer rat? So it's fairest if you compare a clean dog that you know to a filthy rat you don't know. Makes the choice tougher.

Sapphire
Fri, 10-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Death machines! Ahhh!

http://img373.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vlcsnap428377bq1.png

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-17-2008, 09:19 PM
The liger. real (http://www.soulcare.org/Creation/liger.jpg) death (http://www.lifeinthefastlane.ca/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/liger_3sfw.jpg) machine (http://www.wtobo.com/alimama/liger07.jpg)

hey, it's not my fault that nature's best killing machine is only available by controlled cross-breeding.

on the same note, I'd kill any number of people, to get my self a Tigon.that thing is cute.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-17-2008, 09:23 PM
That thing looks like an overweight, washed-out tiger....

Abdula
Fri, 10-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Why on earth would anyone crossbreed a lion and a tiger? WHY?

XanBcoo
Sat, 10-18-2008, 04:22 AM
hey, it's not my fault that nature's best killing machine is only available by controlled cross-breeding.
Maybe a Tiger crossed with something else would create the "best killing machine", but not a Lion. Lions loaf around all day and only get into fights if they themselves are attacked. They wouldn't kill you. They're too lazy to give a fuck.

That is a pretty beefy looking Tiger, however.

In answer to the current question, I'd rather eat a dog. Both animals have been eaten in several cultures, but I couldn't eat something I knew came from the sewers.

Animeniax
Sat, 10-18-2008, 04:26 AM
In answer to the current question, I'd rather eat a dog. Both animals have been eaten in several cultures, but I couldn't eat something I knew came from the sewers.Even your own wittle Fluffy, the dog that fetches your slippers and you play catch with at the park and helped you meet your wife who happens to be a dog-lover? That's cold-blooded man.

Would you rather make $100k a year and pay $35k in taxes, or make $60k a year and pay $15k in taxes?

XanBcoo
Sat, 10-18-2008, 04:28 AM
Even your own wittle Fluffy, the dog that fetches your slippers and you play catch with at the park and helped you meet your wife who happens to be a dog-lover? That's cold-blooded man.
Oops, I missed the part where you specified it was pets. In that case I'd eat the rat.

animus
Sat, 10-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Liger's are the result of a male lion and a female tigress. They somehow have one of their size inhibitors loosened or something making them massive. They can grow to like 1000-1500 pounds and 13 feet long. The males are sterile however. Their skulls are quite a bit larger that might result in a stronger bite. There's not much info about them, nor in the wild to see how they actually hunt.

Marik
Sat, 10-18-2008, 10:48 AM
Would you rather make $100k a year and pay $35k in taxes, or make $60k a year and pay $15k in taxes?

$100k. Because $65k leftover is better than only $45k left.

Animeniax
Sat, 10-18-2008, 10:58 AM
$100k. Because $65k leftover is better than only $45k left.
Yes but you most likely worked harder for that $65k than the $45k, and to see so much more taken away in taxes would be painful, wouldn't it?

rockmanj
Sat, 10-18-2008, 11:50 AM
Let's say it's a 17 year old guy who plays football and he can punch you wherever, just not more than twice in the same spot.

Would you rather eat dog or sewer rat?

Well, since Ive eaten dog before, I'll go with the known quantity (dog). Plus I raised rats in university, and I don't think it would fill me up the same as dog^^

Animeniax
Sat, 10-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Yes but don't rats breed a lot? So if you caged them and left them to it, you could feed off their young for years. Gross, but you'd survive.

And don't forget, it's not just any dog, it's your pet dog.

rockmanj
Sat, 10-18-2008, 12:03 PM
Hmm, well that is a bit different. The dogs here that are eaten are specifically bred to be eaten; they're pretty much like cattle. But my own dog, or a sewer rat? I'd have to go with the rat. Skinning medium sized-large animals is a bit tricky, and I think it'd be easier to skin a rat.

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 10-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Yes but don't rats breed a lot? So if you caged them and left them to it, you could feed off their young for years. Gross, but you'd survive.

And don't forget, it's not just any dog, it's your pet dog.

This reminds me of King of the Hill when Cotton was imprisoned in WW2, was down to eating his last rat but ate its droppings instead. Then he choked a guard out with a rope of braided rat tails.

I'd have to eat the rat but probably only if I could cook it. I might have to go cannibal on myself before it's all said and done.

Animeniax
Sat, 10-18-2008, 11:48 PM
This reminds me of King of the Hill when Cotton was imprisoned in WW2, was down to eating his last rat but ate its droppings instead. Then he choked a guard out with a rope of braided rat tails.
I was eating a strip of bacon when I read this. Strange how a strip of bacon looks like an unraveled rat tail.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-18-2008, 11:59 PM
I was eating a strip of bacon when I read this. Strange how a strip of bacon looks like an unraveled rat tail.

Yum.

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7972/bacon5pj3.jpg
http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4763/deadbaby07wm1.jpg

Animeniax
Sun, 10-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Looks like a giant gumby bear.

Would you rather have a mentally disabled sibling you have to help take care of or a super-smart prodigy-type sibling whose shadow you live under?

XanBcoo
Sun, 10-19-2008, 10:58 PM
Having a prodigy sibling would be pretty cool. Gives you something to compete with, at the very least. My brother is pretty intelligent, and I have no problems being compared to him, so I don't think it would bother me that much.

Also I have almost no tolerance in dealing with the mentally handicapped. I hate myself for it, but it's true. Having said that, my first child will probably be Autistic now :(.

Animeniax
Sun, 10-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Having a prodigy sibling would be pretty cool. Gives you something to compete with, at the very least. My brother is pretty intelligent, and I have no problems being compared to him, so I don't think it would bother me that much.Well we're talking about an super-overshadowing sibling, like Jessica Simpson to Ashlee Simpson, not like Lisa Simpson to Bart Simpson. You wouldn't be competing, you'd come up short every time.

Also I have almost no tolerance in dealing with the mentally handicapped. I hate myself for it, but it's true. Having said that, my first child will probably be Autistic now :(.That's usually how karma works.

Sapphire
Mon, 10-20-2008, 11:05 AM
"Well we're talking about an super-overshadowing sibling, like Jessica Simpson to Ashlee Simpson, not like Lisa Simpson to Bart Simpson. You wouldn't be competing, you'd come up short every time."

I love to compete. Coming up short just makes me more inspired to try my best. (I am surrounded by such overshadowing people as well. Who isn't?)

Animeniax
Mon, 10-20-2008, 11:25 AM
True, but this is a sibling whose shadow you've lived under your entire life and always come up short against. You wouldn't be the person you (Sapphire) are today if you had to grow up under those conditions. Your self-esteem would probably be abysmal, people would always compare you to your superior sibling, and you'd always be a runner up.

So would you rather have that or have to help take care of a mentally handicapped sibling?

Death BOO Z
Mon, 10-20-2008, 12:22 PM
I'd go with super brother rather than retard brother.
both cases make you life horrible when you're around him, but the case of super brother doesn't require you to actually be close to him all the time, so if you just keep your friend circle and family circle apart, you can get by most of the year without being compared to him.

also, it's better for the brother. I'd rather have my brother smart than retard.

Sapphire
Mon, 10-20-2008, 12:34 PM
True, but this is a sibling whose shadow you've lived under your entire life and always come up short against. You wouldn't be the person you (Sapphire) are today if you had to grow up under those conditions. Your self-esteem would probably be abysmal, people would always compare you to your superior sibling, and you'd always be a runner up.

So would you rather have that or have to help take care of a mentally handicapped sibling?Like I said before, I've lived my whole life surrounded by people who I have yet to surpass. My brother went to MIT and is nine years my senior, so of course he's always been the most "respected". My best friend goes there, and nowadays all of my classmates in my honors program are absolute geniuses who have already learned the material or can very easily do so.. So of course I'm going to be coming up short until I catch up. That doesn't mean it has any effect on my confidence though. It's a bit shortsighted (aka stupid) to assume how someone will turn out based on one thing, especially when you don't know much else about them.

animus
Mon, 10-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Super sibling can be really nice, and give you half his earnings!

Animeniax
Mon, 10-20-2008, 01:00 PM
It's a bit shortsighted (aka stupid) to assume how someone will turn out based on one thing, especially when you don't know much else about them.
I'm trying to qualify a hypothetical situation so people can better answer the question, not write your autobiography, though I would like to know more. Though, judging from your reaction, I might have hit a nerve with this line of questioning.

Super sibling can be really nice, and give you half his earnings!Nah, this super sibling would look down on you unless you were his/her toady. Meanwhile, the mentally handicapped sibling would look up to you and love you as best his reduced mental capacity will allow (think Arnie from What's Eating Gilbert Grape?).

Sapphire
Mon, 10-20-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm trying to qualify a hypothetical situation so people can better answer the question,
Mhm, fallacies = pet peeve. I'll give a high five to anyone who can pose/answer a hypothetical question without over generalizing the results.

not write your autobiography, though I would like to know more. Though, judging from your reaction, I might have hit a nerve with this line of questioning.

Feel free to PM me if you need something though. (Since IMs are too unanonymous?)

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-21-2008, 01:16 AM
I'll have to go with having superman as my brother. That way, the problem's with me, which I can hopefully deal with myself. If it's my brother, then it's really limited as to how I can help him from the outside. Also, the fact about people not wishing their brother to be mentally disabled is an interesting idea. I've never thought about it that way.

Would you rather live an immortal life (you age very slowly, and will never appear as if you're in your mid 50s), or live an extremely short life? (You suffer from accelerated aging, and will live for a maximum of 30 Earth years)?

Animeniax
Tue, 10-21-2008, 03:07 AM
If I'm truly immortal (meaning I can't die), then I would choose that. If I just aged slowly, I would take the short life, given I don't grow old and feeble in that short span. If it's rapid aging over a short span, then I would take the long life.

I would choose the mentally challenged sibling because I would be like Gilbert Grape and I would take care of my sibling. I've actually lived the other scenario with a brother who's a successful doctor but it never bothered me living in his shadow. I saw growing up how hard it was on him to have so many expectations put on him and all the hard work he had to do to get where he is.

Funny thing is, now that we're older, our parents like me better because I keep in touch and they miss me and they realize there's more to success than a prestigious job making lots of money.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-21-2008, 05:54 AM
I feel for the super older brother type. It's a bit like that in my family. My brother also has it a bit hard as well. People keep asking him if he'll be as good (academically) as myself. I'm not sure if he just shrugged it off though. After a while, people see who he is, and they stop comparing him to me, since he has his own personality and virtues too. Just for some reason, he's very likable, and rather popular too.

And the expectations/talk that accompanies the scholar performance is something I'd rather do away with. It's good and all when you first taste it, but afterwards it's more a burden than anything. Times like these, you'd just wish you were a bit "normal".

Sapphire
Tue, 10-21-2008, 06:04 AM
Would you rather live an immortal life (you age very slowly, and will never appear as if you're in your mid 50s), or live an extremely short life? (You suffer from accelerated aging, and will live for a maximum of 30 Earth years)?
Immortalness! Is this normal immortalness where you can be killed, or Claire from Heroes immortalness where if teh world explodes you'll still be floating around in space?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-21-2008, 06:25 AM
Well, let's go with "You can't be killed", just to make the argument more balanced. You simply can't die.

And the short life suffers from accelerated aging. Normal human changes crammed into 30 years.

I'm not sure, but I'll go with the immortal one. Being around for a long time can make you sad, but it can also make you into something great. A living history book, or even learn everything there is about everything. Orochimaru-style.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-22-2008, 06:52 AM
Okay, perhaps a more relevant one:

Would you rather be dumb (unable to talk), or be paraplegic (confined to wheelchair)?

Both are an inconvenience, yet both have ways around them. I'm really half-half right now.

Sapphire
Wed, 10-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Well I would rather be immortal. Assuming that I can never die, surely there are others like me who can acompany me. But then of course whenever I read a novel where people are immortal, the immortal people have three great fears.... loneliness, boredom, and inevitably, insanity. I read a solution to this though. Use your centuries of knowledge to create a forget serum and take it every 100 thousand years or so before the insanity kicks in. Then most of your memories will be gone and it's like you're reborn. I would also use my centuries of skill to find a new place to live when the world eventually explodes.

I think I would rather be unable to talk. If I can run and stuff like that, and still hear and taste and dance then I'm okay. I could always get one of those type-and-talks like Stephen Hawking. I'd miss singing though.

Animeniax
Wed, 10-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Well I would rather be immortal. Assuming that I can never die, surely there are others like me who can acompany me. But then of course whenever I read a novel where people are immortal, the immortal people have three great fears.... loneliness, boredom, and inevitably, insanity.Umm, that's 4 things dearie. And if there were others like you, you'd have to dual and eliminate each other until there was only one of you, since there can be only one! Then you fall back into the 4 great fears dilemma.

Abdula
Wed, 10-22-2008, 09:50 AM
three great fears.... loneliness, boredom, and inevitably, insanity.
Looks like three things to me.

Animeniax
Wed, 10-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Inevitability is something to fear, if you live a long time, making it four.

Abdula
Wed, 10-22-2008, 09:54 AM
If you stopped being a smartass, you would die right.

Animeniax
Wed, 10-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Sapphire's cool with it, so I'm cool.

Would you rather live in a world without cars or without internet?

Abdula
Wed, 10-22-2008, 10:03 AM
I don't really care for either but I would go for a world without cars. Its better for the planet and I just wouldn't be the same if we couldn't have the wonderful interaction we do.

Animeniax
Wed, 10-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Alright, so that's too easy an answer for a bunch of net-dwellers like us, so let's toughen it up a bit: no cars or no TV?

Death BOO Z
Wed, 10-22-2008, 11:38 AM
I'd go with no tv (even if it includes comedy and anime series)..
if we'd go for no-cars, then I'll be stuck home watching T.V, and that's hell.

Abdula
Wed, 10-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Thats a deliciously hilarious answer.

rockmanj
Wed, 10-22-2008, 12:30 PM
Id go no TV, since I dont really watch TV that much.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 10-22-2008, 07:36 PM
Thats a deliciously hilarious answer.

I'm dead serious. TV around here is a huge pile of monkeypoop.
most of the day we get 'big brother', 'american idol' (both local versions), a cooking show, or hosting shows.
it's come to a level that I actually consider midnight re-runs of 'friends' as the day's highlight.

oh, also:
would you rather die right after your wife dies (a few days afterwards), or to continue living alone (assuming you've married the love of your life, had a full satisfying life... and all that cliche's)?

darkshadow
Fri, 10-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Im sure she wouldn't want me to die just cause she died, plus i love life too much to give it up for a dead person ( how harsh that may sound), even if I had a "full satisfying" life.

Marik
Fri, 10-24-2008, 04:52 PM
Alright, so that's too easy an answer for a bunch of net-dwellers like us, so let's toughen it up a bit: no cars or no TV?
I'd have to go with no cars. I need a TV for my video games, since that's what I do all day.

would you rather die right after your wife dies (a few days afterwards), or to continue living alone (assuming you've married the love of your life, had a full satisfying life... and all that cliche's)?

It would depend on my age. I wouldn't want to be old and alone. If I was fairly young when she died, I would continue to live on and try to enjoy life as much as I could.

Sapphire
Sat, 10-25-2008, 09:28 AM
lol, I don't have a car or a TV!! So... uh... if I pick no TV I get a free car?

animus
Sat, 10-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Or a piggyback ride.

python862
Mon, 10-27-2008, 12:06 AM
Oh ho, Animus, you dog.

Anyway, would you rather die of hypothermia, or by melting in a lava pit?

Animeniax
Mon, 10-27-2008, 01:28 AM
Hot lava bath since death would be pretty quick. Freezing to death would take a while and be very uncomfortable the entire time.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-27-2008, 01:47 AM
Okay...how about this:

Surviving a near death from hypothermia or melting in lava?

I'd imagine hypothermia as in freezing. Extreme freezing. Like if you survived, you'd probably have brain damage and frostbite on all three legs.

Needless to say, surviving lava would leave you pretty munted too.

Now, which would you rather?

Animeniax
Mon, 10-27-2008, 02:13 AM
I'd take the hypothermia then, because burning is the worst feeling to me. The smell would be unbearable, and burned flesh doesn't heal right. Frozen body parts would suck but at least they wouldn't ooze shit.

Would you rather fall from a great height or be dropped off in the middle of the ocean?

XanBcoo
Mon, 10-27-2008, 02:15 AM
Now, which would you rather?
Do you really have to ask?? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrHmwteW9dg&feature=related)

I know I'd be in unbearable pain, but I would definitely try to give the thumbs up too.

Abdula
Mon, 10-27-2008, 08:35 AM
you'd probably have brain damage and frostbite on all three legs.
Really tough decision, I think I'd go with hypothermia, Ani seems to think the lava will be a quick death but the short time you're alive in it you'll probably experience a lifetime's worth of pain. And then like he said there is the stench of burning flesh and actually watching your body literally melt.

Oh and fall from a great height, the ocean gives me the heebie jeebies.

Sapphire
Mon, 10-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Would you rather live in your favorite anime series and be any type of character you want or have telepathy and/or the ability to fly in the real world?

Animeniax
Mon, 10-27-2008, 09:29 AM
I'd rather have telepathy and/or the ability to fly in the real world. Even in my favorite anime there are too many super-powered villains trying to destroy your village or hometown, and they can fly and are stronger than you, so it's a constant struggle. Since I'm already living my life in the real world, adding telepathy and flying would just make life that much easier and more fun.

Would you rather go on a date with someone you met on the internet or with someone your mom set you up with?

animus
Mon, 10-27-2008, 09:38 AM
The date over the internet could always have a chance of being Chris Hansen.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-27-2008, 09:40 AM
The date over the internet could always have a chance of being Chris Hansen.

The date over the internet could also be your mum.

Sapphire
Mon, 10-27-2008, 09:43 AM
Would you rather go on a date with someone you met on the internet or with someone your mom set you up with?
I would let fate decide, either way sounds like it could have a 50% chance of total disaster.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-27-2008, 09:55 AM
I would let fate decide, either way sounds like it could have a 50% chance of total disaster.

It all depends on who you trust more. The person who you've never met in real life, but have chatted to over the internet, or a girl you've never met neither, but your mum's probably seen in person.

Boils down to your mum's tastes (or desperateness), or your trust/faith in your online date.

I'd go with online.

Sapphire
Mon, 10-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Very late, but I found a great documentary on how safe bears are. You could eat porridge with one! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBuw1Ii0UBM)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-27-2008, 08:38 PM
I just watched that. It's pretty amazing stuff. Too bad Cookie broke his dream though.

animus
Mon, 10-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Bart the Bear (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAOc3mKWzyo)

Kinda similiar, but they're not wild bears. And if you kinda watch near the end, he's freaking massive.

Animeniax
Wed, 10-29-2008, 11:48 AM
Would you rather eat something cold that's supposed to be hot, or something hot that's supposed to be cold?

darkshadow
Wed, 10-29-2008, 03:47 PM
that's a suprisingly hard choice...
Not certain, but i would go for cold supposed to be hot

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-29-2008, 05:44 PM
I too would choose something that's cold which should be hot, since I do it quite often anyway with pasta. Cold in this sense was room temperature though.

I guess it's because something that's cone cold doesn't really lose its form, only tends to lose its flavour. Of course, if it's an oily dish, all the white, solidified oil floating on the top can put you off.

Cold things like ice cream and ice blocks melt, so that's self explanatory. I've never really tried cold food hot, but I'd imagine it to taste kind of funny, though not terribly bad.

Makes me wonder what microwaved sushi tastes like? I've had hot Coke before, which was rather interesting.

animus
Wed, 10-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Hot soda is beyond disgusting.

I find room temperature and warmer seltzer to be rather unbearable.

Animeniax
Thu, 10-30-2008, 11:57 PM
I can't stand beer unless it's ice cold. I had beer in Singapore and Vietnam and neither place believed in cold beer. Twice in Singapore I had to wait during meals while they re-chilled my beer. I think it's a larger problem of cost and lack of refrigeration equipment so why waste room in the fridge for beer when you have perishables that need refrigeration.