PDA

View Full Version : Tytania

KoKo37
Mon, 10-13-2008, 11:58 AM
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/743/9441rg1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

In a future where mankind is scattered across the stars, the TAITANIA family has forged a large empire through intimidation and economic might. In the year 446, the city-state of EURIA rebels against the tyranny of TAITANIA control. Their isolated act of rebellion sets into motion a sequence of events that strains the careful alliances and treaties within the empire, as various factions seek to exploit the situation to their own advantage. In the ensuing turmoil, ambitious members of the Taitania Royalty begin moving against each other in an effort to settle old grievances and seize control of the family. What started as an act of rebellion in EURIA, quickly expands into a civil war - with the wealth and power of the empire up for grabs to whoever is bold enough to seize it.

Based on a novel-inspired manga series written by TANAKA Yoshiki and illustrated GANTETSU, serialized in Shonen Sirius (Kodansha)

This has been described as being a complicated space opera or epic. The original story was published as a series of three novels (1988 thru 1991), and is open ended - as in no conclusion or ending was ever published!!

The series uses the same director (Noboru Ishiguro) and animation company (Artland) as the space-epic Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
-AniDB
ANN (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10111)
AniDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6005)

[ANBU] Tytania - 01 [H264] (http://www.mininova.org/get/1908022)

[Aero] Tytania - 01 [H264] Torrent (http://www.datorrents.com/download/40242-tytania-01-h264-704x396-aero-mkv/)
[Aero] Tytania - 01 [H264] Direct Download (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X0JPPDY4)

animus
Mon, 10-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Was looking forward to a sub for a long time. I've always liked Space Operas and what not. Downloading!

edit: Watched the first episode. I enjoyed it a lot. I was kept interested all episode long. Looks like a series to stick with.

Kraco
Tue, 10-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Could use more hot chicks but otherwise it looked interesting. You really can tell logh people were involved. I hope this will turn out epic.

Shadow Skill
Wed, 10-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Me too, the first episode has me hooked. I hope it doesnt get lame as the series progress.

masamuneehs
Thu, 10-16-2008, 07:54 AM
!_!
Space Opera?

LOGH people?

/me rabid gets

edit -
well, i'll tell you what, this thing does remind me a ton of LOGH, but it's not quite the same at all. I won't go into anything that might give stuff away about the other series, but while we do have a reincarnation of Yang Wenli (but with bubble gum instead of whiskey? Not cool!) and an evil empire, it's not the same at all.

The Empire has the clear edge, but it's obvious that the situation between the factions composing the Empire are brittle, at best. Like Ajman said, fear is what's keeping the other people in check. The Tytania family runs the show, so much so that people cheer for them on the Emperor's birthday, and they can straight up go against his wishes with great impudence. But people everyone outside of that family is just waiting for a chance to pull the rug out from under them. Of course, there are a few things keeping them in check.

Jouslain Tytania is, to me, the main one. Guys with silver hair don't last too long, generally, and out of the three sons, it's clear Jouslain is the smartest and the favorite. He seems to be the most balanced and patient out of the four (the only one to not openly say that fear is the best means to control the people. Strange to say 'Luppi' from Bleach is the most balanced out of anyone...

Ajman (I remember him as Berga in Baccano! and Nathan in Gungrave), is the guy who must have started everything for his family, but I don't think he'll get to see the end of it all (part of why he's on such a kick about 100 years of peace, he knows he won't either.). But the guy's card is intimidation, and that takes you only so far sometimes. Interesting that he has made no play for the throne and really seems to have no interest in title or pride. He just wants to be the man in charge.

The big brother is too tough and direct, I've got the feeling the blonde one is too whimsical and self-centered. Aryabelt has 'Lohengramm' written all over him. But so far there's no insight into what drives him. The fact that he's featured the most in the OP points to me that he might be the one member of his clan not dedicated to the plan.

Van Gelik, if you dye his hair blue and give him a young foster child is Yang Wenli. Of this, there is no doubt. The guy is casual, peppy, clever as hell and doesn't take any of it too seriously. Fleet full of decoy ships, with massive suicide cannons waiting for when the enemy surrounds him. Now that is some barbeque fucking turkey bone in your cabbage war time fun. It's amazing that the last role I heard this guy's VA in was the dull, emotionless, boring old Saji in Blood+. Then again, he's also Keigo on Bleach... Also, for you guys who like that show I despise, he's the guy who believes in the you that believes that I believe in the guy in you who believes that I believe in you.

The blond brother (Idris) is also Allelujah in 00 Gundam and a bunch of other roles. The big guy (Salisch) really hasn't been in much at all. The loli princess was Eureka in Eureka SeveN, Lala-Ru in NtHt, Nunners in Code Geass, and key roles in a bunch of other shows I've never heard of because, most likely, they're about lolis doing cute crap.

Maybe I'm reading too much into hair color here? Guys with hair colors matching certain characters from LOGH, who also act like those characters, look, to me, to be slated for that same kind of path. That is fine by me.

edit again
-
Same art studio as LOGH, probably because the novels are written by the same guy (done at the time LOGH was adapted into an anime/OVA set). Pretty good of him to stick with the same guys after all these years.

Only big question mark for me here is that the books, after seeing three installments from 1988-1991, have not seen a volume released since. That's a incredibly long time, and I'm here thinking that either the writer is going to change all that, or, ugh, just going to wing it towards the end. The latter could be quite ugly. I'm hoping that this anime was made because he had an idea for a complete project, not just financial incentive.

Marik
Sat, 10-18-2008, 07:13 PM
[ANBU]​_Tytania​_-​_02​_[HQ][9DD152A0].mkv (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Tytania_-_02_%5BHQ%5D%5B9DD152A0%5D.mkv.torrent)

masamuneehs
Sat, 10-18-2008, 10:28 PM
well it wasn't an action packed affair by any means, but we got to learn a good bit about all of the characters.

Fan Hyulick (ANBU changed his name) is really just a normal guy who happens to be a military genius. He doesn't seem to have any huge ambitions or driving force. His desire for fame and recognition, and his carelessness in trusting others (the whole 'reciept' signing was clearly a trap, but he walked right into it) has got to lead to some kind of eventual dowfall...

So Ajman is just the latest in a long line of Tytania successors. His character makes sense in light of that, since he's so focused on maintaining and continuing his family's status. He seems to know that Jouslain doesn't care about that, and that's why he's always somewhat reluctant to acknowledge that he's the best of the four dukes to succeed him.

I like that they actually all sat down and talked about the battle and what to do. Of course, Salisch and Idris just used the opportunity to slander Aryabhata and try to further their own status (and seem to think the opposite of what Ajman and Jouslain both know, that none of them would have been able to counter Fan Hyulik's trickery). Salisch is clearly all about the warfare, and Idris all about the political shadiness. Both of them are way too in love with the power and seem to enjoy and admire the violence to an unhealthy extent.

Idris earns serious points in my book for openly saying 'We should get the guy on our side'. That's exactly what I'd try to do, especially now that it's clear that Euria will not reward his excellence the way he deserves.

On the other side, Aryabtha and Jouslain are the cool headed ones, the most 'human' out of the bunch. Jouslain only reveals his true feelings to his servant girl, but Aryabtha wears it all on his sleeve... But Aryabtha seems to actually feel that the clan is a good prescence in the universe, and he'll surely work hard to make up for it.

I was pretty entertained. It wasn't the most mind-blowing episode, and the pacing is making me think we're in for a very long series (any word on how many episodes are slated for this show?), but it was a decent second episode, although I think the history lesson could have been saved for another time...

i can seriously see myself doing a blow-by-blow for this series...

Kraco
Sun, 10-19-2008, 02:57 AM
Fan Hyulick was an even funnier dude than the first ep made him look like. I think the "bum" description actually fits him. He didn't really seem like he valued the military as such but only as a means to advance and gain recognition. Now he's a rich bum, which might be more natural to him if we consider it something that allows him to seek interesting opportunities. Though he might also be a person who doesn't know how to be rich and will just waste all the money doing nothing and then find a new way of making more when forced to.

I thought this defeat would give rise to more unrest instantly but so far it looks pretty stabile. Does that mean nothing will happen before the Tytania dukes start to fight each other? Or is it all still under the surface yet there already?

masamuneehs
Sun, 10-19-2008, 04:58 AM
i think there will be enough people seeking Fan Hyulick's aid now, more than just the two Tytania brothers... chances are he'll get more recognition than he ever wanted...

i'm thinking he's got to stay on the side of the rebellion (which, as Kraco pointed out, hasn't surfaced yet). The show would seem to lose a lot if it just became about a power struggle within a dominating clan. Also, maybe it was just the silly shoe-shiner girl being dumb, but it seemed that the Euria government was keeping the lid on his victory so as to not rub salt in Tytania's wounds. The broadcast was cut off before the end by Oppenheimer, and since Euria will probably join Tytania anyway, if the news can be suppressed, they might be able to even spin it like Fan Hyulick lost and fled.

But I think the unrest is coming. There were certainly enough angry people from the subjugated planets in episode 1. Although, since Tytania could probably just outright destroy any one opposing planet without much repercussion (hell, it'd probably fit right in with their public image), I'm going to guess it'll be a radical group not based on any one planet.

Kraco
Sun, 10-19-2008, 06:06 AM
The ED keeps showing that one (fortunately hot) chick in Fan's company. Maybe she will recruit Fan to be a commander in a rebellion movement operating on multiple planets. She looked like a rebel with such casual clothing. Considering this one battle Fan could be an ideal rebel commander: Able to utilize limited resources in a surpring manner producing real results, and not taking himself too seriously.

Still, whoever she is, I hope she will soon appear in the actual series. I'm far too accustomed to hot women in anime to want to watch a whole show without some in good roles. Though I'm not complaining if all captains and commanders remain men as it somehow fits this kind of old school aristocratic space opera.

Death13a
Sun, 10-19-2008, 01:22 PM
Well out of four Dukes; Aryabhata seems to be most appropriate to lead Tytania. Salisch and Idris are too caught in past Tytania as it went establishing itself (by massacring people labeled as rebels), while Jouslain is neither in past or have any vision for future. Only Aryabhata has any chance to develop himself into strong leader while other have too strong of character to change themselves.

PS Tytania deserves to be in Series En Fuego: sub-forum as it has much to reflect on each episode.

masamuneehs
Sun, 10-19-2008, 09:32 PM
i think the hot chick Kraco mentions is in the next episode. There's a shot of some pretty nice hips bumping someone sitting at a bar (Fan Hyulick), and the outfit seems to match hers. Besides, he can't roll around as a bum for long. Someone's got to get him invested long-term in one side of this conflict.

I completely disagree that Aryabtha should take over instead of Jouslain. Part of this is, I think, because even though all of the Dukes have their flaws, all of them have strong points that the others don't. Idris and Salisch clearly don't respect Aryabtha, but we've yet to see them express anything against Jouslain. Quite simply, if their ambition can be quelled enough to not make them hotly jealous of him, Jouslain could use Salisch, Idris and Aryabtha as excellent compliments. I don't think Idris or Salisch would so gladly do things for Aryabtha.

Of course, if you're asking: "Who should be the head of the most powerful faction in the universe?" it's a little bit different than asking "Who should be the head of the Tytania family?" Jouslain seems to be the type who would put the family second and the well-being of the universe first, while Idris, Salisch and probably Aryabtha would keep the family as the first priority. Ajman seems to sense this about Jouslain, even though he probably feels that he's the most talented and balanced leader of the four, and, as a man dedicated to the family's excellence, he has reservations about Jouslain.

And, yeah, get more people to watch it if you want it to go En Fuego!

animus
Sun, 10-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Jouslain's quite a mystery. It seems like it's gonna be like a Toward the Terra-esque showdown of enemies, with maybe Jouslain versus Fan Hyulick at the end of it all.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 10-20-2008, 05:37 AM
This show has more than earned a spot in the series en fuego in terms of quality. Maybe putting it there would get more people to watch it, justifying the act of putting it there in the first place even if the order is reversed.

Kraco
Sat, 10-25-2008, 03:40 AM
Another omelette:

Episode 3 - ANBU (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Tytania_-_03_%5BHQ%5D%5B2C3F8AFF%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - - - - - -

Fan continues to be a funny fellow. Though he's even more a bum than I anticipated. Maybe he does have some aspirations of his own, but he's certainly keeping them deep under the surface and playing a very careless and free-spirited role. In any case the most interesting personalities seem to lie in the opposing faction, not in the Tytania camp. This feels like a long series based on how calmly and slowly things developed.

masamuneehs
Sat, 10-25-2008, 11:21 PM
Really liked episode 3...

If this show was made by Sunrise and whored out to the masses, there'd by Salisch x Alyses doujins hitting the market TODAY. Actually, Alyses was a pretty interesting character, and even though it's clear he wants his brother to approve of him, he's so sick and tired of his post and his brother's disrespect that he'll just have Fan Hyulick killed instead of captured.

The "he'll remain a boy forever" part was creepy. That character came and went rather quickly, but it makes me wonder if this show will address genetic engineering and all the bag of mixed morality that comes with it. It was discussed rather well in some shows (Gundam SEED, actually being one of them) but it was noticeably absent from the writer's LOGH series.

Last note on Alyses. Thought it was interesting that the narration so casually mentioned how his planet was a very peaceful and stable place. Makes you think he's a pretty decent ruler. but clearly his pride and scorned spirit are his driving forces, as his conversation with Fan Hyulick revealed.

Really interesting part of thsi episode was involving Idris' promotion. Salisch clearly has expressed his sentiments, and basically kicked my theories of them being on the same team to the curb. Idirs' is clearly going to go about doing things with a nasty and vicious manner, and I'm pretty sure that'll stir up plenty of sympathy for the rebellion.

Damn, my prediction of the rebels being not based on any one planet was slightly off... But I did hit the nail on the head that so far nobody with a planet to lose has been strong enough to stand up to Tytania, only guys who lost theirs...

Oh, and yeah, Fan Hyulick is a funny guy, isn't he? The more I see, the more I like. Seems the writer did a very good job afterall of creating new characters instead of just making this LOGH 2.0

animus
Sat, 11-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Episode 4 - ANBU (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Tytania_-_04_%5BHQ%5D%5BD809B547%5D.mkv.torrent)

Looks like Aero is dropping Tytania (Not like it really matters, since they only did episode 1). Thank god we have ANBU.

Death13a
Sat, 11-01-2008, 03:10 PM
There so much laughter when Miranda is present; knocking out a police squad and caring man on her shoulder and to top it is that she is princess. No wonder her people were destroyed if her royal family acted similar to her.

Kraco
Sat, 11-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Yes, you could imagine they made enemies out of Tytania fast by acting so rashly and brashly.

I liked how Fan acted at the very end, when he was holding his wallet, alone in the room. There's no way he would be already that attached to Lira, which made the mock act of really missing her much funnier. It really fits his happy-go-lucky wanderer's nature.

masamuneehs
Sat, 11-01-2008, 08:58 PM
damnit, and i can't watch it until later tonight or tomorrow... what a bunch of shit...

more hot girl? more andro governors? Viva La Resistance!

loving it!

Big old Zalisch (Salisch?) getting poo-poo'd by his tranny brother was fun, and then seeing the huge boar get told off by his mom. Good stuff. I like that woman, even if she's a coincieted twat. Love how she fawns on Alses, shows some good insight into the likely roots of the two brothers' relationship.

Things got real fast real quick with Lira, De Bohr and Fan. I was sure the scene with Lira coming into Fan's room and trying to seduce him was going to be a dream sequence, but it was even more interesting to learn that Lira really will stop at nothing in her determination. Seldom do you see "strong" female characters so willingly use their sexuality as a tool (at least in anime...), since it's normall looked down on. Also, hell, did Lira accidentally say that the person she's lovers with is the Casabianca princess?

Old woman doing the dirty betrayal work. Beats the standard 'kind old loyal grandma' archetype any day, in my book...

Miranda. Wow. 'butch' has a new name. Like her style alot more than Lira's, strong arming people and putting them in a spot where they don't have to agree with crazy ideas of revolution and reviving backwater dynasties, but just a compromise of interests. With the mute captain and the corrupt informant on board, the Alliance... er.... whoever they are, looks to be ten times as colorful as the Empire.

thought it was kind of funny. When the troops kick in the rebel hideout's doors, the guy is sitting in a wooden chair, at a wooden table in a house that has only two post 1900 items, running water and a toaster. You can fly shit through space and shoot lasers, but you can still only prepare two pieces of toast at a time... LOL This author usually does these kinds of things, setting stuff in a 'future' that, aside from a few crazy advanced elements (like apparently being able to terraform any planet anywhere), people are still living in 1975 Kansas City. Also, the 'Wanted' Poster for Fan Hyuclik is right out of the wild west.

masamuneehs
Mon, 11-10-2008, 12:10 AM
double posting for release

ANBU - Tytania Episode 05 - HQ - mkv (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Tytania_-_05_%5BHQ%5D%5BCCA217FD%5D.mkv.torrent)

What the hell happened to the people watching this show? Off fapping to Alyses yaoi?

Shadow Skill
Mon, 11-10-2008, 01:12 AM
Dunno, but I am liking this show quite a lot. :)

Also... in the early episodes they talk about Earth as some mythical place. Do you think Earth will serve as some last episode climax that will end the Tyranny of the Royal folk in Tytania?

masamuneehs
Mon, 11-10-2008, 06:00 AM
my guess is that Earth has been destroyed or mostly abandoned for more fertile ground...

really liked episode 05. one of the things this author does well is tell very good, smaller stories inside of the larger epic. Erwin and the Tyrandia Duchess might not have been the most original story ever told, but there were enough twists and wrinkles on the old variation to keep it interesting for me.

also, Jouslain is a man who gambles for keeps. Keeping his own life hanging in the balance was a ballsy move. If those Tyrandia guys had been dumber, they'd all have been dead.

Arybatha gets a shot at redemption. Space battle ahoy!

Idris is so sexy. And they weren't very subtle with setting up that old man and his son as future obstacles... That and the Imperial Admiral who was quietly supporting the Tyrandia coup are likely to cause some trouble in the near future.

Kraco
Mon, 11-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Erwin and the Tyrandia Duchess might not have been the most original story ever told, but there were enough twists and wrinkles on the old variation to keep it interesting for me.

You kind of knew how it's going to end up when it was shown how much she worships Tytania. Though I expected her to sacrifice herself more directly but in retrospect this makes much more sense considering she was, after all, a wishful noble lady, not some heroine. I think it was all in all a pretty neat miniarc considering it didn't last any longer than that but still had an impact as if it had been a longer one. It certainly also increases the history documentary feeling that's in the background of the show sometimes, just like in LOGH, when they basically show backgrounds and people for events not yet even started in this manner.

Kraco
Sun, 11-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Traditions:

Episode 6 - ANBU (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Tytania_-_06_%5BHQ%5D%5B69321880%5D.mkv.torrent)

masamuneehs
Mon, 11-17-2008, 08:12 AM
Idris' idea was damn awesome. Guess he's not just all sex appeal and ruthlessness after all. He explained it perfectly in the first scene of the episode, so I really don't have anything to add except to say it was a very shrewd show of diplomatic baiting.

The guy with fiery red hair is the one most concerned about minimizing bloodshed...

empress shows up to fulfill the episode loli quota and actually makes some keen observations. i'm thinking she'll be important to either aryabatha or Fan in the future.

Ajman's brother and his son, Bal'ami, are actually pretty surprisingly interesting characters. While this episode and fight seems to be a warm-up for the eventual real trouble that'll shake Tytania, it's looking more and more like these two might play a bigger role in tearing Tytania apart than the rivalry between the Four Dukes.

Bal'ami especially is dangerous. He seems much more adept at manipulating his father (and the popular forces he'd command) than any of those three Imperial ministers. Or he could be Idris' agent inside...

Love that the Tirandia guys couldn't get a single planet to stand with them. Wasting all that time trying to rally support instead of working on a battle plan... They were bound for a pathetic end. Also really like that Ajman was so disappointed by the lack of resistance shown. Like someone said earlier, he really does seem to love the idea of having a sharp enemy to keep Tytania fresh and strong.

Man, the music for whenever people who will eventually be associated with the rebellion is always so goddamn noticeably different. It really takes the mystery out of the upcoming fight, because out of all the poor young Tirandia military people they could develop in this episode, the one we get is presented in such a way that we know for sure he's going to survive... (edit before post: Guess I was wrong about this...)

Ajman is really growing on me. He simply asked Aryabatha about if he'd like to fight or not, and given a mild and humble reply, firmly ordered him to redeem his honor. Ajman = motivation.

Tirandia's initial fleet organization is simply unacceptable. They're in an attack formation for a defensive operation. Regardless of the enemy's current battle strength, Tytania has several fleets that could come as reinforcements at any time, while Tirandia has already thrown all of its current military capacity into this initial battle. The idea, I imagine, would be to quickly kill the enemy commander, but it's simply such a straight forward attack that any patient, long-term battle plan taken against it would make the Tirandia forces unable to win a second battle. Not coincidentally, the half-moon formation Aryabatha adopts is perhaps the best "open-face" baiting position one could muster.

ugh, and Tirandia doesn't even re-organize before the fight begins...

Pride is a sin for a reason. And how quickly it befalls the once and former upstarts.

The trap closes. The fall of the prideful is unsightly. However.

That, my friends, is how you fight the lost fight. With even a handful more of equally dedicated ships at his command, Weiz would have delivered the first ever death of a Tytanian High Noble in combat. Tirandia's forces are already almost eradicated, and so the loss is already counted. But, from a larger perspective, such a victory from defeat would be an even greater morale booster for anti-Tytanians everywhere than Fan's.

Awww... just bread for dinner... also, angsty red-head is angsty... Maybe if he'd taken some pages from Idris' book he'd have been able to at minimize the casualties. But aiming for no losses...

rewatched the scene from the Weigelt cannon deployment to the end. Man, Ajman looks SO happy when he sees that Aryabatha's pulled off the Weigelt Cannon Trap.

Kraco
Mon, 11-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Those Tirandia's coup d'état admirals were hopeless fools. You could really see they had never fought a single real battle in their lives, and all they had experience of was simple power play in petty politics. While Aryabatha was highly arrogant in the lost battle against Fan, he's no cowardly fool like these three.

It wasn't a very exciting battle at all, aside from the brief moment Weiz got to shine before his assured death.

masamuneehs
Mon, 11-24-2008, 12:19 AM
The darkness hinders
ANBU has Episode 07 out (http://www.baka-updates.com/search.php?keyword=Tytania&type=title)

edit - I still can't figure out what a large regional commander is doing out that far into formerly hostile territory without a sizable fleet at his defense...

but, well... we do remember what happened at Little Bighorn, don't we?

You don't? You suck at American history. I remember. As great as a victory as it was for the disadvantaged opposition, it became an even greater rallying cry for the larger imperial force to rally around after the fact. Excellent historical parallel here.

masamuneehs
Wed, 12-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Oh, wind!
ANBU - Tytannia - Episode 08 - mkv HQ (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Tytania_-_08_%5BHQ%5D%5B3E1ADCF8%5D.mkv.torrent)

Kraco
Wed, 12-03-2008, 12:46 PM
You didn't need to be Fan Hyulick to know the fortress and the pirate fleet were doomed. They were pretty stupid and conceited people: Being succesful at piratism certainly doesn't equal to being succesful as a regular military fleet. Kind of funny Fan didn't mention that to them.

It was good to see the little princess wasn't just the actress of random cuteness moments but actually will play some part in the plot. She certainly has more courage and spirit than her broken dad.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 12-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Indeed. I kept wondering why she keeps popping up in between scenes in the past episodes. It seems she was being developed as a character because she is going to play a significant role in the rest of the story.

Inazuma
Fri, 12-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Princess will transform into fighting Loli soon enough, don't worry.

Shadow Skill
Fri, 12-05-2008, 07:03 AM
I was hoping for some Fan Hyulic ownage by taking command and coming up with a super ownage strategy. Guess not. :P

masamuneehs
Fri, 12-05-2008, 07:33 AM
the real problem was the pirates all trying to act like a pro army... especially up against a trained, well commanded fleet twice their size... I was actually shocked that the Blaze Flag guys stood their ground for so long. I'd have thought that there'd have been a shit ton more confusion as individual ships began deserting right and left at the first (and early) sign of defeat...

Either way, it's a real loss. They might not have been able to match a Tytanian fleet in open combat, but those guys were best at the quick-strike tactics that could really have stretched out Tytania's forces, starting to bleed them slowly...

I thought that one commander had a rather smart defensive strategy. But the brutish Zarlish really cared nothing for a beautiful building (which also begs the question: what tactical advantage did that freaking thing offer at all? No big cannons and the armor didn't seem particularly thick...) when faced with the prospect of losing another humilating battle. The Blaze Flag's offensive strategy (the two seconds it gets) was simply terrible, and it's the kind of thing that's just hastily added on that, if you consider it for ten seconds, realize will herald the death of the Blaze Flag before they can come close to implementing that crappy offensive strategy.

The loli princess steps up to the plate... Doctor Lee aside, it's about time someone outside of Tytania showed up who had some diplomatic sense and skill. Her naivety will hinder her at first, but i think she'll be a more valuable asset by the end of the series than anybody except for maybe Fan Hyulick... She's certainly a very different kind of "in the middle" character than Rubinsky... ([url=http://www.martinknull.de/pictures/rubinsky.jpg)

Bal'ami is just so full of the piss and vinegar. Also, I'm not quite sure I got everything out of the hinting the narrator does while Ajman is feeling pissy about his brother's betrayal. There's something up there.

Jouslain is my favorite character, even if he keeps acting like an insecure pussy.

Kraco
Fri, 12-05-2008, 07:37 AM
I was hoping for some Fan Hyulic ownage by taking command and coming up with a super ownage strategy. Guess not. :P

I wasn't even hoping for that since it wouldn't have fit his character. It's pretty clear by now he doesn't actually enjoy fighting like Zarlish, for example, so he wouldn't join a battle just for the battle's sake, especially when the objective was ridiculous and chances slim. Fan has read his Sun Tzu and von Clausewitz. His problem mainly, I suppose, is that he doesn't seem to have a purpose and seriously lacks motivation. Even the chick back on the cheese planet couldn't get him motivated. So, no random pirate dreaming of becoming a great statesman will get him to command fleets.

Kraco
Tue, 12-09-2008, 05:16 AM
A small wind:

Episode 9 - ANBU (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Tytania_-_09_%5BHQ%5D%5BE68D1306%5D.mkv.torrent)

masamuneehs
Wed, 12-10-2008, 09:49 AM
to say that I enjoyed this episode greatly would be no small lie.

with 'Tytania26Partners' popping up in the last shots of both the OP and ED, and the fact that the books have been stuck on 3 volumes for the past decade, I can't help but get a bad feeling about this show's length, and, thus, it's pacing.

this kind of episode is perfectly fine for a long series. We get our first real, extended look at Lydia, and we learn some more about a few of the key figures in Tytania. But, really, if this thing is 26 episodes, this is not how I want to spend 1 of them. Of course, if this series ends up being half as long as I hope it is, this is more than fine for one episode.

even if i didn't enjoy it that much... although, Lydia paying for ice cream with a freaking gemstone was pretty smile-inducing.

I like that we got to see some of the main characters (and key people around them) in a situation totally unrelated to battles or keeping Tytania's power. Francia showed more than ever how trusted she is by Jouslain (and for good reason). Ajman showed that he really doesn't discriminate at all when it comes to evaluating possible sources of improving Tytania. Aryabtha was somewhat reluctantly enjoying the whole thing.

Most interesting, we got to see a lot of Bal'ami and Jouslain. These two have "i'm going to wind up trying to kill you, even though I actually think you're pretty decent" written all over them. Bal'ami is still so full of piss and vinegar it's ridiculous. Jouslain is still calm and, in a genuis move, directs Bal'ami to an unpleasant task that will surely soften the kid up and hopefully instill into him loyalty for something other than his old fart father. Bal'ami hates Tytania, but he can't resist acknowledging Jouslain.

The probable, eventual clash between these two would be pretty interesting... if Bal'ami wasn't so clearly going to get raped sideways. He isn't even in the OP!

Oh, and Alses calls his mommy. Bet you dollars to donuts Zarlisch doesn't ever call whenever he's out on the war path....

Yukimura
Wed, 12-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Lol, now poor Bal'ami has to deal with that crazy little Princess, I hope he learns something from the experience though since he seems like he'd be a pretty decent guy if not for the massive chip on his shoulder. I thought it was pretty silly that Lydia remarked that Tytania wasn't to be trusted and then set off to try and meet with the leader of Tytania, as if he would somehow be more trustworthy than his subjects. But I suppose that can be attributed to childishness.

What I don't get is what this girl could possibly bring to the table other than spunk. There must be a reason she's a big deal and I just don't see her amounting to anything unless there's a timeskip and we see what living with Tytania for a few years turns her into. Josh and Bart seemed to have fun with her but I imagine Zarl or Idriss would just as soon toss her out an airlock as look at her.

Kraco
Wed, 12-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Tytania, or Ajman, might have got out of the girl and her kingdom exactly what they wanted. Ruining the planet by stealing their mine doesn't sound like such a great idea to me. Of course a big part of the Tytania power is through sheer power and fear, but since Ajman doesn't look like a Sith lord, he might realise that peace and trade bring more money to the table than gaining enemies. Lydia's planet was a particularly bad place to make an enemy out of because they actually helped the Tytania soldiers escaping the pirate occupied space station. If you ruin those who (outwardly) willingly help you, you better be ready to be eternally surrounded only by enemies.

So, in short, who knows what kind of a deal they made now when the girl thought she was saving her planet whereas for Tytania it was probably nothing but a minor deal.

I liked this episode quite a lot, no matter how long this series is, for I trust they wouldn't have had this episode if it didn't have some significance later on. It looks like too good writing for wasted episodes. Also, it was pretty funny in general to have a half-silly episode in a series like this.

masamuneehs
Mon, 12-15-2008, 06:07 AM
Payback's a bitch
ANBU - Tytania - 10 - mkv torrent (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Tytania_-_10_%5BHQ%5D%5B65734AE7%5D.mkv.torrent)

edit-
can you pack more treacherous bastards into one episode?
Doorman, Berthier, and even De Bohr. Man, the Bs and Ds are all bastards.

Idris really is the bomb. It's low, but when you're up against a guy like Hyulick who pulls out all the tricks, you've got to get down in the mud too.

was totally not expecting the grandma

Kraco
Mon, 12-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Let's hope this will make Fan finally do something. To speak the truth this episode made me think this show isn't worth watching if all the dude is made of is one battle won and then nothing but lazing and running and avoiding all sorts of responsilbities and work. The dukes are interesting enough people but since Fan gets plenty of screentime, it would be painful to watch that kind of stuff much longer.

Yukimura
Mon, 12-15-2008, 11:11 AM
I've been having delusional hopes that Fan would just quietly fade from the show only to be remembered as 'the guy who initially started the ball rolling towards whatever the real plot of the show will be. Fan just doesn't do much for me, he's too 'regular' for lack of a better word to inspire me to see him any better or worse than any other run of the mill neutral character. He's clearly more clever than most other characters but I don't have much faith in the idea that he could lead another large tactical force to victory against Tytania, possibly because he seems to have similar feelings about himself.

masamuneehs
Mon, 12-15-2008, 07:26 PM
I think Hyulick is still the guy to stick it to Tytania. I have no doubt that the rivalry between the dukes will be a main plot, but I can't help but think that somewhere, somehow, (maybe next episode) Hyulick takes that step and decides to go into the ring.

I actually like that he's a "normal" guy. The Dukes are interesting in their own way, but they're also so very stiff it's almost like they're robots. They do have a few characteristics that set them apart and give them personality, but it's still hard to relate to them.

Besides, Hyulick and his crew makes me chuckle sometimes.

shinta|hikari
Tue, 12-16-2008, 06:53 PM
@Yuki - that is precisely what makes Fan so special. He doesn't think of what he has done as any major achievement. That means that he does not pride himself for defeating Tytania, probably because that battle itself is nothing astounding, and he himself is aware this. If he started bragging about his victory and attributing it to his skill, it will imply that his strategy before was the maximum of his tactical ability.

This awareness and humility signals to me that Fan is capable of more things, and he knows it. He simply does not have the drive to use it at present.

Kraco
Thu, 01-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Episode 12 - ANBU (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Tytania_-_12_%5BHQ%5D%5B369E2341%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - -

Wow, this episode sucked majorly. The plot to get to the planet was the only good thing but otherwise you have to look at Naruto fillers to find as bad script writing. If Fan had so little motivation to get anything done at the mansion, why did he travel to "save" Lira in the first place? The man sucks beyond redemption. I wish he will die soon and somebody better takes the lead in this series or this won't be worth watching much longer. If he's this miserable at the core, that is, when the life of the girl he liked was at stake, I doubt he manages to do anything at all even if he now supposedly begins to hate Tytania. He's nothing but a loser, who was lucky just once.

masamuneehs
Mon, 01-05-2009, 10:11 AM
i really liked the part with Zarlish, Ajman's talk about mothers and sons (some kind of prelude to a personal backstory?) and Zarlish's subsequent anger and guilt about his relationship with his little brother.

Bal'ami, you have become a bitch. Officially.

Jouslain looked more than ever like he was really going to be the sucker to fall for the stubborn little Elbing princess. I'd expected a more dignified, noble way for him...

Wow. Big, huge, butch woman adds a whole new extra kick-ass level to the psychological warfare known as 'good cop-bad cop' that Hyulick pulled off to get past the standard security twerps. Sure, they didn't look like much, but if any one of them had done their job, it would have been over for Hyulick.

Emmental is a thriving economic port, so sending a "huge" fleet to draw out their forces while a small infilitration team uses the confusion and chaos at the ports to sneak in is good theory, but what about the fact that the Honest Old Man has been ID'd by Zarlish's pursuit team before? Did they use a different ship to get in? And nobody has visuals on what Hyulick or his people (including the ex-leader of a country that's now a resistance group directly tied to the key hostage) look like to give to the common guard staff? At least a mask or two would have been in the cards...

However, the use of the Emmental Resistance army and their land-locked military resources to deploy a blitzkreig seige of the Count's personal estate as a distraction for the actual infiltration, is, coupled with the "THEY'RE ROCKS, ZARLISH! ROCKS!" fleet tomfoolery an excellent, excellent tactical move.

Alses, that's the trouble with surrounding yourself with beautiful young boys solely created to serve your sexual desires... god forbid they resent you for it...

However, I don't care how light you are on personnel, you HAVE to send someone with Hyulick to secure Lira. I wouldn't even let the weak bastard go near the mansion. A good platoon of ground soldiers would do the job much better... and safer...

De Bohr. In a show where half-decent people are hard to find, you still manage to make all of them look incredibly noble.

Kudos to the Emmental Resistance Front Major. Knowing when the good fight has been finished, that is some excellent quality for a military leader.

On the character development front, I thought it was excellent that not only did we have Lira raging against being called "Hyulick's girl", but Hyulick completely trying to act cool in front of her by saying that it was Miranda who forced him to come rescue her. This kind of relationship, if you take out the teary reaction by Lira and the stupid, long embrace in a totally exposed position, is the kind I really dig.

I lol'd at Hyulick making a point of Alses finally remembering his name.

Holy shit. Lira. Wow. Jumping Alses, into the pool. that is the kind of selfless sacrifice that, sorry Kraco, is worth an entire season's worth of Naruto non-filler episodes.

Alses. Wow. At first I was pissed that he survived at all, but having him be disifigured instead is a much more gripping plot twist. His little loyal servant even managed to add the precise amount of tension to the scene.

I seriously can't figure out what more you'd want from a show. Sure, the pacing is sorta bad, but how the hell would you build a relationship between a love interest and the main character when they're seperated by star systems, only to have them re-unite and the girl die? Really? That's the stuff of Naruto filler? I don't think so. To me that's the stuff of epic legend. It makes Hyulick completely resolved to bring down Tytania, it gives us a jusitifcation for the future to hate Idris, and it gives you that real-world character development that people easily write off as 'cliche' and 'tried' but really continues to show up again and again throughout time and place.

Kraco
Mon, 01-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Hey, I had nothing against Lira sacrificing herself to save Fan. That's not my point. My point was:

However, I don't care how light you are on personnel, you HAVE to send someone with Hyulick to secure Lira. I wouldn't even let the weak bastard go near the mansion. A good platoon of ground soldiers would do the job much better... and safer...

Seriously. This man is supposedly a genius and he was expecting to meet no guards inside the lord's mansion? He didn't expect the lord himself to oppose him rescuing the hostage (I guess it didn't visit his mind, either, why the girl had been taken a hostage, eh?). The dude is a bigger fool than Naruto in the fillers, because at least Naruto didn't drop his weapon on the floor the first moment an enemy appears. What pisses me off os that the dude just marched into the mansion thinking of nothing but Lira's sweet smile, with no plans, with no intention of fighting... Was it even his purpose to save her?

Nobody is that stupid.

Yukimura
Mon, 01-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I found it hard to buy that the security guards hadn't been briefed on Hyulicks appearance. It seems like Fan should have something akin to Osama bin Laden level status inside Tytania, especially the little pocket of Tytania where a trap has been specifically laid out for him. Unless Alyses is a complete moron he should have known that Fan might try something sneaky and made sure all his men knew who they were looking for. The fact that a guard at a spaceport didn't recognize the face of possibly the most wanted man on the planet was too much for my suspension of disbelief unless it's supposed to imply Alyses is actually that big of a moron. While I'm not about to equate the series with Naruto fillers because there are things I actually like about it I'm not particularly impressed with the overall flow of events in episode 12.

MFauli
Mon, 01-05-2009, 07:17 PM
You know, the series may have flaws, but it´s one of my favorite shows right now. There just arent such epic adventure-anime anymore. Heroic Age, Toward the Terra, vision of escaflown, utawarerumono, and so on.

just emo-kids with supernatural powers...though i like Index :P

Kraco
Mon, 01-12-2009, 03:11 AM
The Tytanian way:

Episode 13 - ANBU (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Tytania_-_13_%5BHQ%5D%5B7377AEE5%5D.mkv.torrent)

masamuneehs
Mon, 01-12-2009, 03:16 AM
Tytania 13 - ANBU - mkv (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Tytania_-_13_%5BHQ%5D%5B7377AEE5%5D.mkv.torrent)

It was almost sad to see how pathetic it ended for Alses. I'd think that Zarlish, or someone, would reprimand Idris for how he handled the situation... He didn't even get a shot at Hyulick at all... His plan to lure him out was good, but he should have struck eariler, while Hyulick's fleet was still focused on destroying the Aurora.

Hyulick is like a totally different guy now. Wonder what his next move will be...

I think Ajman is going to bite it pretty soon. That'll throw all of Tytania into chaos, with fighting for the top. It'll create a huge amount of opportunity for Hyulick to find new allies.

...or looks like Ajman's brother will just kick-start the trouble next episode... I still can't figure out what the hell Bal'ami is doing narrating the previews...

Kraco
Thu, 01-22-2009, 02:31 AM
Enemy of Tytania:

Episode 14 - ANBU (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Tytania_-_14_%5BHQ%5D%5BB46C7217%5D.mkv.torrent)

masamuneehs
Thu, 01-22-2009, 11:32 AM
[01:01] <Mune> oh christ zarlish
[01:01] <Mune> fucking christ
[01:01] <Mune> i totally understand why you're doing it
[01:02] <Mune> but you're totally fucking everything up
[01:05] <Mune> he's so blunt and straight-forward. a terrible mind, but a marvelous and terrible soul.
[01:05] <Yukimura-San> at least he loves his mom

[01:14] <Mune> oh FUCK
[01:14] <Mune> Jouslain did that?
[01:14] <Mune> OMFG indeed
[01:15] <Mune> i think i wrote him in as a different kind of character too early

[01:24] <Kraco> A nice Tytania lord? What's that?
[01:24] <Kraco> Oh, he's the guy in the early grave.
[01:24] <Yukimura-San> it's a dream :(
[01:26] <Mune> kraco, that's what i thought was going to happen
[01:26] <Mune> Jouslain gets capped, Aryabtha has to step up
[01:27] <Mune> but, man, he sure can act
[01:27] <Kraco> In the end this is the kind of series that anybody could suddenly die, I reckon.
[01:27] <Mune> that whole apology to Bal was so good that i had to go back to the 'smile' and check
[01:28] <Mune> but, that surely is the signature "End Bad Guy Smug Smile" TM
[01:28] <Yukimura-San> he could be genuinely sorry but still not care enough to regret what he played a part in
[01:29] <Mune> i don't buy that
[01:29] <Yukimura-San> Jouslain doesn't seem the type to waste useful people
[01:29] <Mune> nobody smiles like that
[01:29] <Mune> unless they're loving what they're doing

You magnificent bastard, Jouslain.

Can't say the preview excites me for the next episode...

Kraco
Thu, 01-22-2009, 01:04 PM
It was a bit surprising but in the end the dude can't just sit in his office and keep himself busy with only watching over the princess all the day long (even though she's such a handful that it would probably be a fulltime job to look after her). Jouslain doesn't look like a warmonger and doesn't want to identify as a wicked plotter like Idris so behind the scenes manipulations is what's left for him. I doubt you can be a Tytania Lord doing nothing, after all.

And Fan is back to what he's best at: Escaping responsibities and loitering.

Kraco
Tue, 01-27-2009, 03:55 AM
Fugitive's journey:

Episode 15 - ANBU (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Tytania_-_15_%5BHQ%5D%5BD55531F9%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - -- - - - -

Edit: Ho... Pretty dangerous how Fan almost got interested in a little girl. It's a good thing he finally gathered his determination before anything irreversible happened.

masamuneehs
Fri, 01-30-2009, 10:02 AM
i thought it was a little heavy on hope, but i suppose it needed to be. the little girl is a bit annoying, but she serves her purpose as team cheerleader...

Damn, sounds like Berthier really got some kind of nasty end... Poor guy should have just stayed away...

Jouslain keeps buttering up Aryabtha, saying things about how he thinks Bart's the best man for the job, all while planting little seeds of doubt in his mind about Zarlish and Idris. I still can't tell if he's a masterful evil guy, or a masterful good guy.

there is no way Hyulick was ever going to tap that ten year old ass.

masamuneehs
Mon, 02-02-2009, 02:27 AM
Preparing for Trouble
ANBU - Tytania - Episode 16 - mkv torrent (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Tytania_-_16_%5BHQ%5D%5B17A2B515%5D.mkv.torrent)

thoughts: pretty good episode. most of this stuff would be left out, since battle/mission preparations usually always fall to the wayside when it comes to animating... I like the interaction between all of Hyulick's crew, except the Doctor is starting to get on my nerves a little.

The plan to get money is, well... Remember "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly" ? It can work, for sure, and I'll give it a B for balls, but there has GOT to be a better way... the dude with the wicked stare and the sunglasses has "i'm going to fuck your day up" written all over him...

Jouslain did the little evil smile again... man, I'm still not sold on him harboring evil intentions... throwing his lot in with Zarlish is surely going to anger Idris though...

masamuneehs
Sun, 02-15-2009, 12:52 AM
Money for Nothing

ANBU - Tytania - Episode 17 - HQ MKV torrent (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Tytania_-_17_%5BHQ%5D%5BC2809976%5D.mkv.torrent)

note: this will be my last time bumping this series. i didn't think it'd be too popular here, but if i'm the only one watching it, i'll just keep my comments to myself from now on, as well as cease bothering people by posting the links.

Kraco
Mon, 02-16-2009, 04:04 AM
Nah, I'm still watching this, but I have to say I'm somewhat disillusioned by the latest developments. While I admit the grand politics are quite good in the story, the smaller details and action plainly sucks. Like this latest episode and the escape. The action was so bad it almost made no sense whatsoever. Add to that the fact we have now 17 episodes behind and Fan still hasn't done anything concrete at all to rebel against Tytania, and the only conclusion is that this series hasn't got the slightest idea what it's doing or where it's going.

I'm getting really disappointed. And it's all wrong anyway because the bunny escaped, right?

masamuneehs
Mon, 02-16-2009, 09:42 AM
well i do admit, there was a lot of stupid in this episode. you call surrounding a space ship with ground troops a capture plan? can we get any more cute with the heavy metaphors in the Loli Princess' segments? Did anyone ethink that Kyle's character was so much more badass when he didn't have some nasty backstory that was supposed to make us angry with him? you let an unarmed woman take your leader hostage, then couldn't get them once she killed him?

the only good thing about this episode was that it didn't end well for Fan Hyulick. Mahdi might have messed up, but the whole operation was pretty shitty on the actual jailbreak end (kudos for the execution of the diversion to draw out the garrison forces though).

i'm starting to get pissy because I have no idea how many episodes there will be, and at this pace things would not to escalate damn quickly to be half decent...

Kraco
Mon, 02-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Maximum security:

Episode 18 - ANBU (http://a.scarywater.net/anbu/%5BANBU%5D_Tytania_-_18_%5BHQ%5D%5BF5F8A360%5D.mkv.torrent)

- - - - - - -

Somehow a really traditional episode. But then again, prison break plans always do carry some common resemblance. Though of couse we don't still know how exactly a doctor will get a prisoner out of there but seeing how easily a fake could get into a "maximum security" facility, it's probably nothing fancy. With the Tytanian fleet closing in, things could get interesting in any case.

MFauli
Tue, 04-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Just watched this season&#180;s last episode.
It kind of makes me angry, because the last 2 episodes have been really great, whereas most of the show just is too boring, too slow, too generic.
I hope we&#180;ll get a second season, though i hope this will not end in a "one duke per seasons"-thingy.

The one thing i hate the most, though, is how since episode 1, everyone speaks of Hyulick as THE man....yet, he hasnt done really anything, except for that maneuver in episode one, and maybe one or two things later in the show.
I hope they make him do some more to prove his importance.

Kraco
Tue, 04-07-2009, 02:30 PM
That's indeed a good point, and I agree, with one difference: It bothered me the show called Fan such a military genius. People can talk all they want, and they will for a few different reasons, like not knowing better or to create hope for themselves by having something higher to believe in. That's natural, and in fact in the real life most big names aren't solitary heroes either but people who inspired and commanded others, and history afterwards made them legends. However, the problem of this show was that it tried too many times to call Fan a big hero yet gave him next to zilch chances to prove that (partially due to his own damn laziness).

Edit: A strange typo.

masamuneehs
Tue, 04-07-2009, 07:59 PM
it was a pretty good show. i liked that it was serious and tried to tell an epic story while focusing on individuals and their stories. i thought it was great how it took the death of a loved one to get Hyulick to finally stand up and accept his role in all this. i also loved some of the characters, particularly the infallible Jouslain and the ridiculously insane Mother.

i agree, Hyulick might be a genius, because he really did come up with some excellent plans (the Euria battle plan and shooting down the flagship Typhoon with a downed ship (even if that was at least 50% luck...)) But if there's one thing he's bad at, it's ground battles. He was a complete idiot when it came to fighting with guns, staying back, taking cover, escaping, everything. It didn't help that most of the show had Hyulick and his guys scurrying around on the ground when the main character's prowess is based on large scale fleet battles...

But, still, I enjoyed this show, even with some of its incredibly ridiculous moments (I hacked the prison satelite and "They're ROCKS, Zarlish! ROCKS!" stick out in my mind). And, just as MFauli said, once it started revving up to epic levels again, the thing just ends. We have zero closure on all fronts, and characters like Loli Princess and Bart who have done just about nothing for most of the show. We even got a full episode for Idris' backstory.

If there were more than 3 books done, and if the show hadn't been put out by an effort with the number of episodes in their name, I'd be okay. But as it is this entire series is a nice teaser, and a huge "what if?"

Then again... it did take them over 8 years to finish Legends of the Galactic Heroes...