PDA

View Full Version : Chäos;HEAd

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-11-2008, 07:00 AM
http://forums.gotwoot.net/gallery/files/1/1/8/4/4/aab.jpg

Genres: horror, psychological, romance, science fiction, supernatural, thriller

Based on a Japanese visual novel developed by 5bp and Nitroplus, Chaos;Head is a delusional murder mystery story, with strong elements of gore, psychology and science fiction. The game uses a feature called a "delusional trigger", which allows the player adjust the ‘realness’ or ‘surrealness’ of the perspective of the main character, which directly affects the storyline.

The main character, Takumi is a troubled young man who struggles to distinguish reality from his delusions, while being pursued by the perpetrator of a series of bloody murders, (or so he thinks). His travels take him in and around Shibuya, Tokyo and his adventures bring him in contact with various scientific themes such as the concepts of matter, antimatter, and the Dirac sea.

The story has been serialized in the manga magazine Dengeki Daioh. A second manga adaptation (described as a side story) will appear in the Sept ‘08 issue of Comic Alive.

http://www.chaoshead.jp/

ANN Encyclopedia (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=10182), AnimeNfo (http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,4383,niovbq,chaos_head.html), AniDB (http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=6088)

[AoShen] Chaos head 1 HD v1.avi (http://forum.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=15121)
[AoShen] Chaos head 1 HD v1.mkv (http://forum.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=15119)
[ Dark-Rebirth ]CHAOS;HEAD 01 SD [704x400] SUBBED (http://forum.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=15105)

m.3.3.w subs should be out soon.

I really looked forward to this one from the previews. Let's see if it delivers.

David75
Sat, 10-11-2008, 10:27 AM
A bit of QC wouldn't hurt for those subs. Seemed like a non native english picking translations in a dictionary at times.

Regarding the story, well, I think I get it, but I do not enjoy it yet.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-11-2008, 11:56 PM
[m.3.3.w] Chaos;Head 01 (XviD) (http://tracker.doctorx.eu/torrents/%5Bm.3.3.w%5D%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2001%20(XviD)%20%5BCE21BDDB%5D.avi.torrent)
[m.3.3.w] Chaos;Head 01 (h264) (http://tracker.doctorx.eu/torrents/%5Bm.3.3.w%5D%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2001%20(H.264)%20%5B462A8A3A%5D.mkv.torrent)

tystic
Sun, 10-12-2008, 07:22 AM
Cotton pickin 346 mb mkv!

animus
Sun, 10-12-2008, 11:32 AM
Uh, not sure where this is going. I guess 1 or 2 more episodes will do the trick.

The main character is hella annoying.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 10-12-2008, 10:51 PM
He is certainly different, but that's why I like him. He can't be troubled to go anywhere, he lives in a.. what the fuck is that thing anyway? Does he pay rent for that? And he's an extreme otaku, I just found that hilarious, especially when he doesn't know how to talk to a girl (or probably anyone) even though this rare girl shares his interests.

Aside from all that it has a creepy feel to it, I feel that will be expanded in the coming episodes. The guy is obviously a fucking sociopath, he thinks his favorite figurine actually lives with him. The scary part is, it seems like his Sena-tan split personality is the one that is actually trying to give him positive thoughts to muddle through the day.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-12-2008, 11:52 PM
I think it's more accurate to describe this series, or this episode at least, as interesting rather than entertaining. The immersion factor isn't quite there, but it really gets my brain ticking. It's hard to tell what's happening in Taku's head and what's real. I don't know how air gets into that container he lives in, let alone how it got there in the first place. And where does the water come from, to add the point. Wait..he's an Otaku, so he stocks up on Coke.

I have no idea where this will lead, but that's all the more reason for me to check out the next ep. As a 12 episode series, we can expect it to be quite concise, and after the first ep, I don't think that's a bad thing.

Xelbair
Mon, 10-13-2008, 08:48 AM
It hooked me up, i just love mindfucking series, those that you never know what's real and what's not. Also i disagree with statement that it wasn't entertaining - for me it was, especially scenes with this blonde-haired girl and his delusion that she says that she loves him.

oyabun
Mon, 10-13-2008, 11:26 AM
I had to admit that when I saw his imaginary I got this wierd feeling that made me looked upon the C2 drawing at my wall. Too bad she didn't speak.

Yukimura
Mon, 10-13-2008, 07:43 PM
This shoe looks very intrigueing...but I'm hating all the subbers. D-R has obviously crap translations, m.3.3.w's XviD is pretty disgusting, and AoShen doesn't seem to know how to encode either. I would normally be happy with a m.3.3.w giant mkv but this one is so giant it killed my computer.

Why does this have to happen to one of the shows I actually found engaging this season.

Everon
Wed, 10-15-2008, 02:03 AM
Fuck the murder mystery and the schizophrenic delusions. I'm trying to figure out why the hell is he living in a metal freight box?! I'm surprised he hasn't died of heat stroke.

oyabun
Wed, 10-15-2008, 06:14 AM
Oh right I totally forgot about that. Is he in Tokyo?

shinta|hikari
Wed, 10-15-2008, 06:18 AM
I'm not sure, but living in a freight container is quite possible. Inconvenient. yes. Hot like a sauna, yes. Still, I have seen people do it.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-15-2008, 06:25 AM
I'm not sure, but living in a freight container is quite possible. Inconvenient. yes. Hot like a sauna, yes. Still, I have seen people do it.

But a few stories closer to the sun without any source of shade (I don't remember any skyscrapers nearby)?

Lol@ the rent comment. I wonder how container rent compares to an apartment? Or perhaps the container itself is fake?

I'm wondering if this is what this show'll be about for the rest of the season. I preview showed weapons and stuff, so I was expecting something fantasy combat orientated, perhaps a bit like Toaru Majutsu no Index.

But this was a nice surprise. I just wish people would go back to 233MB HD though. Eclipse did that with Shana II, and it looked fine to me.

David75
Wed, 10-15-2008, 06:53 AM
The container idea is used for student buildings, as you can expand the building with ease and minor costs. But in that case you have windows and a more conventional door.

animus
Wed, 10-15-2008, 07:05 AM
It's kinda peculiar having running electricity in that crate, however.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-15-2008, 07:10 AM
Then you also have running water. Despite what I said before, you'd think it'd be a bit out of the way to have to shower, cook, wash and wee somewhere else? Unlike electricity, you can't just drag a cable.

So this stuff seriously happens?

shinta|hikari
Wed, 10-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Yes it does, and usually they even have air conditioners to keep cool.

David75
Wed, 10-15-2008, 07:29 AM
Then you also have running water. Despite what I said before, you'd think it'd be a bit out of the way to have to shower, cook, wash and wee somewhere else? Unlike electricity, you can't just drag a cable.

So this stuff seriously happens?

Well in the case I described, it scales quite well because it's designed to.

In the case we have here, since it's a standalone unit, it's hard to tell.
But you can always use specific toilets that can use the same evacuations as sinks and a basic water source to connect to a simple tap like for gardenning.

The major problems are sound and thermal insulation.

These problems all meet a solution, but I guess the main point in the scenario
is that the creator wanted to show how closed is world is.

Munsu
Wed, 10-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Just watched the first episode and really liked it. Found the main character, even though annoying, quite refreshing and interesting. Then there's the whole murder mystery going on. Will keep watching.

Alhuin
Wed, 10-15-2008, 11:19 PM
The main character (can't remember his name atm) and Nogizaka would have made a great couple, if it weren't for the whole paranoid-schitzo issue. Haha...

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-16-2008, 04:21 AM
The main character (can't remember his name atm) and Nogizaka would have made a great couple, if it weren't for the whole paranoid-schitzo issue. Haha...

He's already got an otaku girl onto him, but he's so withdrawn into his 2D world that he won't be able to handle it if she gave herself to him right there and then. And Nogizaka is the timid type. She'd need him to make the moves, and as we saw, he has none.

(I'm assuming you're talking about Nogizaka Haruka, unless I missed someone who's also called Nogizaka in this show)

Alhuin
Thu, 10-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Yeah, I meant Haruka. I'm just used to calling her Nogizaka since it's the first word of the anime title as well.

But you are right, she is timid, and he is withdrawn, so it seems like nothing would be able to happen. I just think he would have a better reaction because of the timidness. The girl he met is an otaku, but she is somewhat outgoing, and the whole time he was around her, he kept insisting it was a trap. Maybe because, even if he is a bit schitzo-paranoid, he feels like a girl like that can't possibly be real. Yet with Haruka, her obsession could be real, but maybe the timidness would be more his style, and he would be more accepting.

Who knows... it makes sense in my head, but I'm terrible at explaining it. In the end it doesn't matter though, since they're two different shows. =P...

David75
Thu, 10-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I meant Haruka. I'm just used to calling her Nogizaka since it's the first word of the anime title as well.

But you are right, she is timid, and he is withdrawn, so it seems like nothing would be able to happen. I just think he would have a better reaction because of the timidness. The girl he met is an otaku, but she is somewhat outgoing, and the whole time he was around her, he kept insisting it was a trap. Maybe because, even if he is a bit schitzo-paranoid, he feels like a girl like that can't possibly be real. Yet with Haruka, her obsession could be real, but maybe the timidness would be more his style, and he would be more accepting.

Who knows... it makes sense in my head, but I'm terrible at explaining it. In the end it doesn't matter though, since they're two different shows. =P...

2 timid people can't find mutual ground to meet each other, because there's nothing open towards others.

That otaku-ish girl is probably the best possible match as she can grasp parts of his way of thinking. But the decisive quality is her being able to be pushy just the right amount.
Of course by doing that, she enters dangerous and hostile grounds were the risk is of being rejected forever, but at least it's an open ground she can have in mutual with him and try to grow something on with him.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-16-2008, 08:28 PM

That reminds me of an article I've read before about how cats will snug up to those who are the least interested in them, since it finds those people the least intimidating.

That may well be true for TakuXHaruka. Except,...someone will have to do what the cat did...advance.

It could happen, but I'd say really really....really.....slowly.

Marik
Sat, 10-18-2008, 06:03 PM
[m.3.3.w] Chaos Head - 02 (H.264) [3BB8BD47].mkv (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5Bm.3.3.w%5D%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2002%20%28H.264%29%20%5B3BB8BD47%5D.mkv.torrent)

[m.3.3.w] Chaos Head - 02 (XviD) [32675DB2].avi (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5Bm.3.3.w%5D%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2002%20%28XviD%29%20%5B32675DB2%5D.avi.torrent)

KitKat
Sun, 10-19-2008, 01:59 AM
Weird....I didn't expect that something like this would be revealed so early on. She did come across as a little stalkerish...blonde chick I mean....sorry, my train of thought is even a little hard for me to follow right now....

I can tell that half the fun of this show will be in trying to distinguish delusion from reality. Bring on the next ep.

Kraco
Sun, 10-19-2008, 03:52 AM
The dude is a complete nutcase. It's great how it's pretty much impossible to predict what he might think or see next. Even better that he doesn't seem to be the only unpredictable person around. I was wondering why Yua (if that's her real name) was so aggressive and... well, I still don't know what she is.

A most strange series.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-19-2008, 04:01 AM
The dude is a complete nutcase. It's great how it's pretty much impossible to predict what he might think or see next. Even better that he doesn't seem to be the only unpredictable person around. I was wondering why Yua (if that's her real name) was so aggressive and... well, I still don't know what she is.

A most strange series.

We can't tell if she's with the police or whether Yua has some other goal neither. From the police meeting, it seemed the tape was passed to some third party prior to the talk, so maybe Yua has something to do with that.
Poor Rimi though. From the sounds of things, Taku probably wasn't like this the whole time the group of three knew each other, though again, I can't tell if Rimi's surprise at Taku not remembering her is genuine, or playful. (This show plays with your head alright ;))

So far we haven't seen any mention of the very first scene with the weapon pointed at Taku's chest. I'm wondering how that (and the OP visuals) will fit in with the story.

Munsu
Sun, 10-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Just watched the second episode... this series is very very wierd. We as the audience can't even tell what's real or not, especially when we're experiencing things through Taku's point of view. But the guy is a complete wackjob... I also have to wonder when the opening scene of the series takes place and if it's one of his delusions or not.

Xrlderek
Sun, 10-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Haha, this is great. Not sure if I can stand watching this weekly, I'll probably just watch it all when it's done airing. I love his laugh. Seems like the visual novel translation is pretty much done, only beta testing left or something. Maybe I'll play that instead/as well.

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-20-2008, 05:10 AM
gave this show a shot, and it's enough to keep me watching. in a weird way it's almost like a psychological murder mystery thriller crossed with the harem genre crossed with the otaku societal shows like Welcome to the NHK!

Yua is really damn awesome. Her guise had me completely fooled until they did the deliberate shot of her bag with the frogs on it while they were walking to school. And then of course there's her total badass, almost psycho interrogation at the end of the episode.

Rimi is, without a doubt, the bottom line here. She probably did commit those murders, but it's got to be connected with Taku in some way. I don't think she's just a nice girl who goes to school that Taku forgot about.

Precognitive abilities... In short, he's messed up in the head because he's partly living in the future. So the picture on his friend's cell phone about the three of them at that fair might actually not be something that happened yet, just something from the future that he's manifesting. Of course, how he can bring things like jpeg images and cell phone images into being is beyond me.

The most likely scenario is that all of this is in his head, which, if we are to take the opening scene of episode 1 seriously, is also Rimi's head. It's like split-personalities where the personalities also have crazy mental illnesses (like wanting to pin dude's to walls with metal crosses). Hell, for all we know all of this is inside of his head and he's dead and just replaying things from his life (and Rimi's) in random order, sorta making a pseudo dream-like life...

Or I could just be clutching at straws because who the fuck could really say what is going on in this show?

Seira-tan has "bad guy" written all over her. She helps facilitate Taku's disconnect from reality by keeping him engrossed in the online games (which seem to be like some kind of drug for him. It's almost like the "I don't care about things (people/murdering people) in the 3D world" is a litany he recites while playing games). She also didn't want him to get close to Yua. Besides, nobody, imaginary personality or not, is that nice without some kind of alterior motive/goal.

Kraco
Mon, 10-20-2008, 06:57 AM
Seira-tan has "bad guy" written all over her.

Isn't Seira-tan just the "incarnation" of his pure otaku side? His desire to forget all things 3D, to isolate himself, to trust nobody, to be completely in control of his own world. I don't think Seira is more than the little voice in a drunkard's mind that tells it's okay to have just one more drink.

Yukimura
Mon, 10-20-2008, 10:52 AM
I love Seira-tan, I wish I had a cute, imaginary, cosplaying girl showing up randomly and draping herself over me while encouraging me to play video games and stroking my ePenis.

As to the mind fucks that this series has been trying to put me through I'm mostly trying not to pay too close attention to it except when I'm forced to, though it seems like I'm going to miss out on too much if I keep that up. Yua seemed too good to be true but I didn't think she'd turn out to be THAT ungood when she did her reveal. The show really manages to keep you guessing and I'm liking the way it does so.

DDBen
Mon, 10-20-2008, 11:30 AM
So far I'm liking this series although I'm not sure how much discussion you can give it considering just how insane the main character is. Essentially every single character upto this point can be completely in his head with how its going.

Though I do have one overall question... Whats up with the 26 minute or so episodes this isn't a OVA from what I can tell so did they just decide its so good it only needs a couple commercials or what?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Though I do have one overall question... Whats up with the 26 minute or so episodes this isn't a OVA from what I can tell so did they just decide its so good it only needs a couple commercials or what?

Huh? It's a 13 episode series.

DDBen
Mon, 10-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Huh? It's a 13 episode series.

Hmm then I'm really confused how they managed to put out 27 minute episodes.

Alhuin
Tue, 10-21-2008, 07:18 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the opening scene of the anime could very well be the ending, and what we're seeing are the events leading up to it. Or, it could be one of his precognitive delusions, considering he did have an image of the third murder before it happened.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-21-2008, 09:02 PM
What screws things up more is he doesn't remember he was Shogun and just posted it to himself. Split personality? If so, who's shoulder are we looking over at any given time?

masamuneehs
Fri, 10-24-2008, 07:45 PM
DarkRebirth - Chaos;Head - Episode 03 - 704x400 - .mkv (http://forum.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=15662)

who are they? also, seems their release isn't HD

AoShen - Chaos; Head - Episode 03 - HD - .mkv (http://forum.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=15665)

Xelbair
Sat, 10-25-2008, 04:58 AM
I will wait for M.3.3.w. release.

animus
Sat, 10-25-2008, 11:54 AM
I would advise against watching AoShen. Really crappy translations with no QC whatsoever. They probably don't have any karaoke either.

David75
Sat, 10-25-2008, 12:08 PM
I would advise against watching AoShen. Really crappy translations with no QC whatsoever. They probably don't have any karaoke either.

QC isn't top notch for sure, but there's karaoke for the op at least (I rarely watch EDs... so I don't know)

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 10-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Funny, I don't recall AoShen's subs being that bad for the first episode. Maybe I forgot.

This show is starting to lose its appeal to me... I didn't know there would be so many chicks with swords.

Munsu
Sun, 10-26-2008, 01:34 PM
I will wait for M.3.3.w. release.
Episode 3:
http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5Bm.3.3.w%5D%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2003%20(H.264)%20%5B48E3B76E%5D.mkv.torrent

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-26-2008, 08:56 PM
Well another mystery filled episode. It felt less dark somewhat, but they still kept throwing questions at us one after another. The theme's moved on from the crosses to his favourite phrase "Whose eyes are those?", and I'm interested if it's FES who would be able to explain to him "Whose eyes those are."

I'm not sure about this, but I'm thinking whenever Seira-tan is with him, he's his alter-ego. Nothing solid to back that up with yet, I got the idea because he seems all dazed out whenever she's talking to him (commanding him?), and guiding his mouse movement. Makes you wonder who really is the "devil woman".

Fanservice is always welcome. Nurse Cosplay this ep, but I'll be looking forward to some more Rimi scenes next time :D

KitKat
Sun, 10-26-2008, 09:29 PM
The dude needs help. I wonder what would have happened if the nurse had caught him talking to Seira-tan. It does explain a lot though to know that he's been having mental problems since he was a kid. At least his sister is firmly grounded in reality, and I can see her as being a bit of an anchor to keep him from being totally engulfed by his delusions.

I'm not sure how I feel about FES and the crazy translucent swords.

I thought it was interesting that after all of Yua's tough words last time, she feels sorry for him.

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-27-2008, 11:46 AM
stil can't figure out if Chaos;Head is a super smart anime parading around like a grim, supernatural, psychological harem Welcome the the NHK

or if it's a grim, supernatural, psychological harem Welcome to the NHK paradinng as a super smart anime

a decent episode. more characters, more confusion. a little bit of back story, a little bit of potential clarity. i think this show is going to boil down to how well they answer this:

"Is there a good, deliverable explanation for all that's going on? Or are we going to suddenly be fed ham-fisted BS or vague philisophical nonsense at the end of this series and be expected to cope with it?"

David75
Mon, 10-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Trying to figure out what will happen:
The guy will be the oracle/master of a harem of girls fighting against evil spirits... just like in the game he his so strong at.

The only problem with that idea is that the intro is quite long...

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Regarding the swords, one thing I'm wondering is if he's simply imagining/seeing the swords there, or the entire pose as well (ie, the girls aren't really standing like that)?

In both cases this episode, I can't see them naturally in the same stance, with a space in their hands in insert a long, cylindrical object :confused:

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-29-2008, 05:24 PM
[Nipponsei] CHAOS HEAD OP Single - F.D.D. [Itou Kanako].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20CHAOS%20HEAD%20OP%20Single%20-%20F.D.D.%20%5BItou%20Kanako%5D.zip.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-03-2008, 03:02 AM
Chaos;Head 04 (XviD) (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5Bm.3.3.w%5D%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2004%20(XviD)%20%5B11E65260%5D.avi.torrent)
Chaos;Head 04 (h264) (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5Bm.3.3.w%5D%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2004%20(H.264)%20%5B12BD567E%5D.mkv.torrent)

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 11-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Another great episode. Looks like those people actually know they have those swords. Those Di-swords. Wonder how the hell Taku is going to get his. After all that is what they are all telling him to do. I laughed and snickered when he had his delusions again. First FES claiming to become his wife then Sena giving him a footjob. And lucky bastard also groped Riki. The ending now makes me wonder what the hell is going on.

David75
Mon, 11-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Another great episode. Looks like those people actually know they have those swords. Those Di-swords. Wonder how the hell Taku is going to get his. After all that is what they are all telling him to do. I laughed and snickered when he had his delusions again. First FES claiming to become his wife then Sena giving him a footjob. And lucky bastard also groped Riki. The ending now makes me wonder what the hell is going on.

The bracelet is the sword. And it only works when He wears it of course.
They insisted so much about how his sister would never give it back, that it seems almost obvious...

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 11-03-2008, 01:30 PM
The bracelet is the sword. And it only works when He wears it of course.
They insisted so much about how his sister would never give it back, that it seems almost obvious...

Yeah, you're right I forgot bout the bracelet. Hmmmm I forgot but did they show his sister in the OP with a sword or not? If they do then this would be how she got her sword.

Did anyone notice that Siera-tan had her awakened outfit on? With the tail and all.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Hehe, both times I thought the footjob and the proposal were real until Taku snapped out of it. Must have thought I was watching something else :rolleyes:

Edit: browser crash lost my original edit, so here's a shortened version.

-The Dr who disappeared is suspicious. His badge was flashed in a "you should remember this" way one or two eps back, and him and the nurse seemed to have been researching, or at least monitoring Taku's condition, especially from the nurse's face in the OP. The Dr/institution may be the ones who suggested Taku live by himself, so see how a secluded life affects his mind.

-Girls with abilities/weapons running around in a city? Mysterious, up-to-no-good research/cult institution observing in the background. Get wing-, err, sword before it's too late? Everything's giving off a Sekirei vibe. Good thing they didn't go for the "big boobs" approach though. Girls with party balloons for breasts are hardly appealing.

-Rimi and Yua's roles: From the looks of things, Yua's supposed to be a sword wielder, and she's not part of the police. That leaves her as either just a swordslady, or someone from the Institution. Still no confirmation of whether it was Rimi that night at the body or not. If it is, and if she's aware of it, it really makes you think about what she's doing with Taku.

As of this episode, ot felt like we're slowly expanding the place, trying to figure out now not just what's going on in Taku's head, but what's going on in the others' heads.

Munsu
Fri, 11-14-2008, 12:18 PM
5 by meew:
http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5Bm.3.3.w%5D%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2005%20(H.264)%20%5B8D9E7136%5D.mkv.torrent

David75
Fri, 11-14-2008, 04:51 PM
EP6 was released by D-R
I give no direct link because their sub was hard to follow, at times I wondered if it made sense, typos, words not written and so on.

So if you absolutely need to watch it, any good torrent site will help you easily

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Watched m.3.3.w's episode 5.

I don't know what to say...another typical Chaos;Head ep?

One thing I'll note though is I'm a Rimi fan, but I'm fast growing on Rei Ayana-, I mean, FES. The swimsuits failed as fanservice, if that was what it was meant to be. Her band outfit and mysteriousness just makes her alluring. All the other girls are so-so.

Edit:Okay, maybe a few more words.

-Errors with an imperfect world, all your senses are fed by electrical signals and all yells Matrix every time I hear it. Somehow though, the story doesn't seem like they're going down the path of "manifesting your imaginations" or "remove the limit" anime, so it'll be interesting where this leads them.

-Changes occurring in Taki: dreaming about Rimi and fantasising about FES. Once only interested in 2D pantsu ladies, Taku is finally realising the joys that can only be brought by women you can touch ;). It's definitely a marker for a shift in his psychology, but I still don't know what it means. Perhaps just more fanservice?

Edit2: Bit of a hint as to where this all leads -

Originally Posted by AniDB
Based on a Japanese visual novel developed by 5bp and Nitroplus, Chaos;Head is a delusional murder mystery story, with strong elements of gore, psychology and science fiction. The game uses a feature called a "delusional trigger", which allows the player adjust the ‘realness’ or ‘surrealness’ of the perspective of the main character, which directly affects the storyline.

Nadouku
Sun, 11-16-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm liking all the delusions he's going through. Too realistic, or is it real? Now, he has to find his "sword". Although, the only thing I'm confused about at this point is Shogun's appearance, and how he is linked to the "real world".

Xelbair
Sun, 11-16-2008, 05:13 PM
Have you noticed that if you add "o" to his name you get what he is?(adding o means something is special, for example sake is any alcohol but osake is Japanese rice wine. at lest that is what i got from my jap. lessons)

Buffalobiian
Sun, 11-16-2008, 05:26 PM
Have you noticed that if you add "o" to his name you get what he is?(adding o means something is special, for example sake is any alcohol but osake is Japanese rice wine. at lest that is what i got from my jap. lessons)

Woah. Nice. ;)

Does it still work for his full name Takumi?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-17-2008, 04:30 AM
Episode 6 out by m.3.3.w

Chaos;Head 06 (XviD) (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5Bm.3.3.w%5D%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2006%20(XviD)%20%5B65E489DE%5D.avi.torrent)
Chaos;Head 06 (h264) (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5Bm.3.3.w%5D%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2006%20(H.264)%20%5BD1F1A6D7%5D.mkv.torrent)

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 11-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Hmmmmm...Ero-Rimi. Apart from the fanservice we actually learned something.
Those swords CAN be materialised so that everybody can see them. Guess they aren't just his/their halucination. Can't wait till they explain more about this G-errate and why it suddenly increased like that and nearly knocking everybody down.

David75
Mon, 11-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Hmmmmm...Ero-Rimi. Apart from the fanservice we actually learned something.
Those swords CAN be materialised so that everybody can see them. Guess they aren't just his/their halucination. Can't wait till they explain more about this G-errate and why it suddenly increased like that and nearly knocking everybody down.

From what I remember from that ep, the crowd that saw the sword was in some kind of trance... their perception was altered and they were able to see the sword. It's a bit different there.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 11-17-2008, 02:46 PM
From what I remember from that ep, the crowd that saw the sword was in some kind of trance... their perception was altered and they were able to see the sword. It's a bit different there.

That doesn't change the fact that she indeed CUT something with it. But who knows in this show. At the end if could be that Taku just wakes up and it was all a bad dream =\

DDBen
Mon, 11-17-2008, 04:26 PM
Whatever she cut appeared to be the device that manifested thoughts. From what I could tell her sword becoming visible and her destroying the device that was allowing random nerd guy to control the crowd was very much related.

Basically this seems to be psychics vs technology that is if anything I'm considering is actually happening the way I think it is.

Nadouku
Mon, 11-17-2008, 06:53 PM
I liked how Takumi finally shows his trust in Rimi. Other than that, the strange ending to the episode left me confused. Massive sound waves?

DDBen
Mon, 11-17-2008, 07:51 PM
Rimi seems to be a complete plant to me at this point she's actively trying to keep him from getting his Di-sword and actively trying to figure out who the other girls who are helping him are. This entire episode she just came off as super suspicious to me I know they are trying to hold she just wants to date him out there but that seems to be a front as well,

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-17-2008, 09:04 PM
She definitely knows something about the Di-Swords. Her reaction that Ayase (FES) had one showed that clearly enough. She probably has one herself. Add that to her genuine love for Taku, and you can understand why, if she is indeed keeping Taku from obtaining his sword. (The sword may lead to more fighting, then again, Shogun said without it Taku would die.)

I'm not totally getting what the drive from excessive G-ER rates has to do with the illusion devices, but it's finally making more sense that there's some shifty organisation pulling the strings.

Nadouku
Mon, 11-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Well, in episode 1, you can see Rimi's Di-Sword in the beginning. Looks like a bey-blade type sword too, although kind of ackward. I wouldn't mind her protecting Takumi from all the harm he's going through anyways.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Well, in episode 1, you can see Rimi's Di-Sword in the beginning. Looks like a bey-blade type sword too, although kind of ackward. I wouldn't mind her protecting Takumi from all the harm he's going through anyways.

Yeah. I was referring to whether she has one now, meaning she's hiding her own involvement in this issue from Taku. If she's part of the "sword wielders" already, it's entirely possible she actually saw Shogun at the crossing too.

Then you have the fact that Rimi's talked to Yua. But exactly what did Yua tell her?

Nadouku
Mon, 11-17-2008, 09:24 PM
Of course! Even she doesn't want Takumi to distrust her now.

Then you have the fact that Rimi's talked to Yua. But exactly what did Yua tell her?

When did Rimi talk to Yua? I probably forgot about that part...

Alhuin
Tue, 11-18-2008, 02:16 AM
I don't care of Rimi is deceiving Takumi or not. I don't really care about Takumi, actually (though I can't help but feel sorry for him on the police matter). In my opinion, Rimi should get more screen time. Along with... what was her name, Sena? Anyways... I want my own Rimi!

PS... I don't remember when Rimi talked to Yua either.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 11-18-2008, 02:37 AM
When did Rimi talk to Yua? I probably forgot about that part...

At 17:35
On my first viewing it read "Yua told me yesterday", but now it reads "You told me yesterday."

Oh, the delusions!!

DDBen
Tue, 11-18-2008, 02:42 AM

Wow I completely forgot the scene before the opening of episode 1. That is the big issue with watching every episode 1 that comes out early in the season. Now I've got to wonder when that scene took place was it before the series and thus this whole thing is a delusion he's seeing while they look into each others eye's or is that the result of the series as she must kill him because he gained his Di-sword and is now a danger to this evil company.

Nadouku
Tue, 11-18-2008, 04:12 AM
At 17:35
On my first viewing it read "Yua told me yesterday", but now it reads "You told me yesterday."

Oh, the delusions!!

Yes, delusions are bad Bill. Bad!

Buffalobiian
Tue, 11-18-2008, 06:45 AM
Wow I completely forgot the scene before the opening of episode 1. That is the big issue with watching every episode 1 that comes out early in the season. Now I've got to wonder when that scene took place was it before the series and thus this whole thing is a delusion he's seeing while they look into each others eye's or is that the result of the series as she must kill him because he gained his Di-sword and is now a danger to this evil company.

During that scene, he said as they looked into each other's eyes, her world was his world, and his world was hers. Put that together with all this sensory relay technology, and that translates as "Rimi's delusions are Taku's reality, and Taku's imaginations become Rimi's world."

masamuneehs
Tue, 11-18-2008, 07:16 PM
Of all the shows I'm watching this season, there are none that I just sit back and watch more than this one. I don't even try to dissect it too much or guess what's going to happen, because I keep getting this feeling like it's just going to mindfuck me again.

I can't believe I'm actually enjoying a harem-setup story as much as I am this show...

So when does his sister get her sword?

The latest episode showed a lot. Those people mindlessly moping around in the park and Badass Blue Haired girl physically materializing her sword to destroy whatever was controlling them. There was a scene earlier that strongly hinted the Seria-tan dolls or whatever were part of this Nozomi group's efforts to peer into the minds of people (in this case Taku).

I still hate the main character, but he's so goddamn pathetic that he's probably one of the more realistic ones I've seen in a show like this.

I like how Rimi always gets really interested whenever Taku mentions girls with Di-Swords. She plays the naive card perfectly, but you get the feeling that it's not just jealousy.

Everon
Fri, 11-21-2008, 07:06 AM
I can't believe I'm actually enjoying a harem-setup story as much as I am this show...

I don't mind it, because it all seems to be part of the protagonist's delusions. I'm not convinced that half of these women are real.

I'm hoping that the kid is still crazy by the series ends -- so we won't have a complete answer for every little detail. If they reveal too much about these swords and whatnot, it'll probably sound really stupid -- devolving into another mahou-shounen series..

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-21-2008, 07:37 AM
I don't see how this show fits into the "horror" genre. It's certainly murder, psychological, even a thriller, but I'm not feeling the horror. Then again, I consider horror to mean "gruesome beings that jump at you out of nowhere" and not recommended for persons with heart problems.

Nadouku
Tue, 11-25-2008, 02:17 AM
[m.3.3.w.] Chaos;Head - Episode 7 AVI: Download (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5Bm.3.3.w%5D%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2007%20(XviD)%20%5B1DE1AEDB%5D.avi.torrent)
[m.3.3.w.] Chaos;Head - Episode 7 MKV: Download (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5Bm.3.3.w%5D%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2007%20(H.264)%20%5BA7A0289B%5D.mkv.torrent)

Whoa, I never wanted to anticipate a series before because of all the thrillers that's happening. I really wanted Takumi to show off his Di-Sword, but I guess Kozue can have that lead of beating up those punks. :D

On another note, Takumi seems really powerful, but doesn't realize it. Having the power to project forth your imagination into reality? That's a pretty sweet power to have.

I'm guessing the series will continue as a war against Nozomi Corps. and the girls with Di-Swords (after having been explained by Sena or something about the corporation's malicious plans). Could be a great climax, depending on how they execute it.

tystic
Tue, 11-25-2008, 09:31 PM
For me this is the first show I've watched that's actually had me itching for the next one to come out to the point I have to fight for patience. The suspense is just too enthralling.

Geass was close, Naruto not really, Bokurano was to a point, and Gungrave was probably 2nd place, but Chäos;HEAd rules the roost.

As for "sweet power"... I dunno about that. I'd be scared poopless. I mean modifying reality? Holy smokes! Is there any way to turn every human being on the planet against you faster? Not to mention it may be at the whim of your subconscious which let's face it in 99% of people would turn an occasional bad daydream into a horrific nightmare.

Ever read Sphere my Michael Crichton? Same power, LOTS of people dying. "Manifesting" is what they called it.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 11-26-2008, 02:41 AM
Turning what you see into reality...sounds just our friend Izzard's alchemy trick, with a technological twist. Kazou-pii was much more likable than I thought. Telepathy, cheery nature and her innocent sense of justice all = win. Her voice was an acquired taste, but there's been much worse, and it sounds kind of cute.

But FES just soars up the hotness ladder. Maybe it's that little bit of emo-ness, maybe it's that band uniform with little Gothic/Lolita? elements, maybe it's the lot. I suspect she'll fast take over anyone she hasn't already and become my favourite character by the end of the show. Rimi lost some points for being absent this ep, but we've had close to zero development of her aside from the Taku love, so if anybody, I think she'll be the one to pull any sort of betrayal on Taki (besides Yua, who's done it already).

Misumi's probably the guy who sent the three delinquents. No one else comes to mind at all, while his unrequited love for Rimi provides a valid motive.

Weird men plotting for what seems their ideal humanity has an interesting mix of SEELE and Nerv vibes. As for the technology they're implementing, I fail to see how airborne signals can stimulate dopamine receptors, which by definition, respond to dopamine (a chemical) coupling via physical means.

Crichton's Sphere didn't come to mind immediately, but tystic picked it up. Though they manifest by different means, the comparison is interesting.

Marik
Mon, 12-01-2008, 11:18 PM
[m.3.3.w] Chaos Head - 08 (H.264) [CEA89BD7].mkv (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5Bm.3.3.w%5D%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2008%20(H.264)%20%5BCEA89BD7%5D.mkv.torrent)

[m.3.3.w] Chaos Head - 08 (XviD) [8B627489].avi (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5Bm.3.3.w%5D%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2008%20(XviD)%20%5B8B627489%5D.avi.torrent)

Nadouku
Tue, 12-02-2008, 12:59 AM
I guess that Noah II Prototype was responsible for what happened after the earthquake, since almost everyone went back to normal after they destroyed it. Could be for a different reason though (like Takumi's delusions manifesting), but I highly doubt that.

Poor Takumi can't seem to grasp his full potential yet, but he might have spilled some of it to Sena and Kozue, as noted by Norose. Then, we have Rimi and Yua with ulterior motives, since Rimi knows Shogun and Yua has to help Norose.

With this "awaken" thing, Takumi could be the key to helping or destroying the world, but I guess we'll have to wait and find out. Other than that, great episode, as usual.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Lots of action this time round, which was well animated. The way they showed is Sena and Kozu pii's past, in the form of chaotic flashbacks, was both effective and very fitting for this series.

And FES saved the day in the most awesome-est way possible, executed with style! Showing up with an air of confidence, spouting out cool-sounding spells, summoning weird things from the depths of the Greek Underworld... :) (you guys must be fed up with me talking about her for the last 3 weeks :p)

As for our bad guy, Norose seems overpowered at this point. If he's so strong, studying himself should provide ample data to create an artificial gigalomaniacs. The prototype's probably based on him, and perfecting it required all round data from other such beings, since they all seem a little different.

I started thinking maybe Shogun is Sena's dad trying to atone for something, but I can't find an explanation for the rapid aging appearance with a young, male voice. Like Taku, he also seems to be an unawakened Gigalomaniac, though he's already mastered real-booting.

The theme of "who can you trust" isn't limited to Taku it seems, with Nozomi spies in both the health and law enforcement agencies.

Two-thirds of the way to completion, Chaos;Head really hasn't been as gruesome as suggested, but it sure hasn't let down in terms of mind-scrambling suspense. Of late, that's declined slightly due to various answers being revealed, but the action and plot more than makes up for that.

Ending hypothesis: Based on the ED animation (angel wings, lights/souls in Taku's heart, expanding colour sequence), I'm predicting all the girls will die in the struggle, to have Taku revive them back into his reality. Since the series started in ruins, he might have to do a bit of landscaping too.

Xelbair
Tue, 12-02-2008, 03:18 PM
I have only one complaint to this episode, not enough FES(Rei Ayanami style + occult and mythology obsession with metal/goth music? i'm in!)
This series is starting to disappoint me a bit, I would prefer less action, more talk approach, with, I lack other proper word, more mindfuck.

Everon
Tue, 12-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Hehe, yeah more mindfuck would be nice. I'm still hoping that this is all the insanity of one person, not many -- that this "birth of a hero" story itself is a repressed fantasy by Taku. It would make sense -- why Seira and Rimi look so alike. Maybe all the girls are delusions based on games and anime he's watched?

But enough personal crackpot theory. The story is unraveling much better than I expected. Its great to see how each individual has different sets of delusions, and how they apply their own theory to the Di-sword. Each has thier own crazy impression of how the world works -- and Taku is too tired and insane himself to realize that the pieces don't fit.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-04-2008, 08:16 AM
I've been thinking about this, and it just doesn't add up. The investigator shouldn't have been able to see Sena's Di-Sword through a security tape. According to Sena's explanation, the person responsible sends out electromagnetic waves that stimulate dopamine receptors in people's brain, creating an image in the blind spot of their vision.

I've already complained about how electromagnetic waves can possibly stimulate receptors, but lets say they do. However, it doesn't seem right that the same method that creates an illusion in biological beings can do the same to digital recording devices.

Remember, it's not interfering with light, or altering the electrical signal between the input (eye/camera) and the end point (brain/occipital lobe/camera HDD), but rather, creates an illusion by simulating excess dopamine in the limbic system of the brain, an occurance in psychotic patients and bipolar patients in their "high" point.

Therefore, based on the explanation given, such particular interference should only affect biological brains.

David75
Thu, 12-04-2008, 04:04 PM
I've been thinking about this, and it just doesn't add up. The investigator shouldn't have been able to see Sena's Di-Sword through a security tape. According to Sena's explanation, the person responsible sends out electromagnetic waves that stimulate dopamine receptors in people's brain, creating an image in the blind spot of their vision.

I've already complained about how electromagnetic waves can possibly stimulate receptors, but lets say they do. However, it doesn't seem right that the same method that creates an illusion in biological beings can do the same to digital recording devices.

Remember, it's not interfering with light, or altering the electrical signal between the input (eye/camera) and the end point (brain/occipital lobe/camera HDD), but rather, creates an illusion by simulating excess dopamine in the limbic system of the brain, an occurance in psychotic patients and bipolar patients in their "high" point.

Therefore, based on the explanation given, such particular interference should only affect biological brains.

Maybe I'm stretching things but Light is composed of electromagnetic waves. I guess they play on that fact too, that would mean the spectrum is compatible with that of the whole security video chain (camera, recording, screen, player)

Everon
Fri, 12-05-2008, 02:07 PM
You're overthinking things.

Don't trust the explanations too much of each individual. Everyone is delusional, remember? I think every 'giglomaniac' has a different take on how the world works and will use scientific babble, fictitious material, and whatever other references they have to make sense of things.

Trust the events more than the explanations. They happen, simply because they can. You'll see what I mean when you see Kishimoto in this new episode.

[D-R] Chaos;Head 09.mkv (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=17098)

Things get crazier from here. fun stuff.

Xelbair
Fri, 12-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Electromagnetic waves can affect camera's output cable and transmit a false image(Changing magnetic waves to electricy is called induction if i remember correctly).
Light is made of photons which have particle/wave structure, they work like wave but are made of photons, so theoretically electromagnetic waves can distort light...theoretically.

David75
Fri, 12-05-2008, 03:26 PM
When I wrote "play" I meant the scenarists.
It's convenient for the purpose of that ep.

Shogun? I wonder if he's a Takumi of the past, or Rimi's pal, the guy always with her in the classroom.

The transformation of the swords was lame, very lame, I prefer them transparent.

Xelbair
Sat, 12-06-2008, 12:38 PM
I agree with David, transparent ones looks better.
also it needs more FES. period.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-06-2008, 06:52 PM
I believe the problem is solved :D From the explanations in episode 5 and 7, they consistently said that electromagnetic wave affects nerve impulese. That is, they alter the signal as it's being transferred from your eyes to your brain. That makes sense, and in principle can be used affect a camera's signal in the same way.

The hiccup was when they said "Noah II broadcasts electromagnetic waves, which penetrate the skin and body and into the brain. It stimulates dopamine receptors, creating an image in their blind spots.

Without going too much detail, if nerves are like wires, then the junction where two wire meet is called a synapse. Dopamine receptors are located in (some of) these synapses. The difference is, in electrical wiring, the signal medium at the junction is electrical, just like the rest of the wires. In nerves however, signals are transferred between nerves at the synapse as chemicals, which can not be interfered with by electrical signals in the manner described.

The reason Chaos;Head mixed in dopamine unnecessarily into the theory, I think, is because excess dopamine (depending on where) in the brain brings about psychosis, something that script writer thought was cool, and would fit into the whole "delusion" and "am I going crazy" theme. Delusions experienced in such a way are imagined by the person, and can not be fed signals as such. This point was the bit that tripped me over.

Oh well, I can sleep soundly now :). Funny that it came down to "ignore what you don't understand" (which happened to be wrong).

And they never mentioned light bending :p

(side note: Our professor says that an overwhelming majority of psychotic patients think they are part of the CIA or FBI. He's always wondered what went on in patients' heads before the existence of either organisations.)

David75
Sun, 12-07-2008, 03:23 AM
In nerves however, signals are transferred between nerves at the synapse as chemicals, which can not be interfered with by electrical signals in the manner described.

Well, that's not totally true...
A great part of brain chemistry is composed of ions that can be affected by eletric wave modulation, magnetic too.

That reminded me that Taku lives in a metal container, as if it's a place were delusions should ne almost impossible, unless his PCs are the source there.
Why do I say this? because to me the only place Seira becomes real to him is there... I do not remember seeing her elsewhere.

Nadouku
Sun, 12-07-2008, 03:26 AM
That reminded me that Taku lives in a metal container, as if it's a place were delusions should ne almost impossible, unless his PCs are the source there.
Why do I say this? because to me the only place Seira becomes real to him is there... I do not remember seeing her elsewhere.

Episode 3 at 6:45 is when Seira manifests into a nurse cosplay when Takumi was being checked for sleepwalking. :D

David75
Sun, 12-07-2008, 03:46 AM
Episode 3 at 6:45 is when Seira manifests into a nurse cosplay when Takumi was being checked for sleepwalking. :D

Oh ok, thanks ;)
The hospital seemed suspicious too. so I wonder if I can stretch things a bit.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-07-2008, 06:48 AM
Well, the nurse who put him to sleep is almost definitely part of Nozomi Corp, evil eyes and all. Same with that assistant detective. I believe that the doctor's "death" wasn't simply another New Gen incident neither. Come to think of it, we still haven't touched on who creates these,(well, maybe Shogun) and for what purpose.

Well, that's not totally true...
A great part of brain chemistry is composed of ions that can be affected by eletric wave modulation, magnetic too.

Yes, the cerebral spinal fluid is indeed rich in ions, and dopamine itself is quite a polar molecule, subject to electrical forces. However, its charge per mass ratio would be too low for any significant change to happen due to electromagnetic waves. And if it did, I find it hard to understand how electricity would be able to alter such a signal.

To my knowledge, there is no way neurotransmitters can be affected by electromagnetic waves, as there are too many regulatory factors controlling that process to make it possible.

The only way foreseeable is to affect the signal as it is sent down the optic nerve. By intefering with the current there, and inducing it to create an illusion with surrounding electromagnetic waves seems like the most correct.

Crux: it is impossible to feed info by stimulating synaptic receptors; only altering nerve fibre transmission seems possible. I'm still open to opinion, and if you find a way you genuinely believe it can be done, I'm listening.

(It should be noted that "Dopamine" as a neurotransmitter, is not exclusively, nor (not too sure about this point) significantly a part of the optical nerve transmission process. It is to my belief that Acetylcholine would be the main neurotransmitter involved. Blurry vision is an anticholinergic (lowers acetylcholine function) side effect. Those interested can search for acetylcholine Esterase, MonoAmine Oxidase enzymes, Dopamine Reuptake transporters etc for how synaptic chemicals are regulated)

Xelbair
Sun, 12-07-2008, 09:03 AM
They could affect neurons just before synapse and then signal gets transferred to synapse and our organism just automatically transfers it through,. but still I hate biology and I'm physics freak so I might be wrong.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-07-2008, 09:05 AM
They could affect neurons just before synapse and then signal gets transferred to synapse and our organism just automatically transfers it through,

Exactly, meaning they affect the nerve, and not by stiimulating a receptor as such ;)

Meh, I'm going to stop now, unless they bring out further explanations.

Xelbair
Sun, 12-07-2008, 09:26 AM
They could also be using something I call "Gamemaster Law", its your world and you can do whatever you want with it.

Nadouku
Sun, 12-07-2008, 02:16 PM
They could also be using something I call "Gamemaster Law", its your world and you can do whatever you want with it.

For a game, Takumi sure sucks at it.

masamuneehs
Mon, 12-08-2008, 01:12 AM
are we really going to try to pick out all the problems with an anime's scientific technobabble?

i'm just enjoying it. and now Glasses is in trouble! Norose is such your standard anime villain, but he hasn't (yet) started babbling about how he thinks he's going to create some super better world... or whatever...

I really liked that we got Sena's backstory, lots of Kozu-pii, and some explanations. I totally agree that the assistant detective has "traitor" written all over him.

Nadouku
Thu, 12-11-2008, 02:43 AM
[m.3.3.w.] Chaos;Head - Episode 9 AVI: Download (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/[m.3.3.w]%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2009%20(XviD)%20[21D04F8C].avi.torrent)
[m.3.3.w.] Chaos;Head - Episode 9 MKV: Download (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/[m.3.3.w]%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2009%20(H.264)%20[88F63770].mkv.torrent)

Marik
Sun, 12-14-2008, 09:58 PM
[m.3.3.w] Chaos Head - 10 (H.264) [722D974E].mkv (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5Bm.3.3.w%5D%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2010%20%28H.264%29%20%5B722D974E%5D.mkv.torrent)

[m.3.3.w] Chaos Head - 10 (XviD) [587D5E1A].avi (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5Bm.3.3.w%5D%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2010%20(XviD)%20%5B587D5E1A%5D.avi.torrent)

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Damn, almost beat you this time.

shinta|hikari
Sun, 12-14-2008, 11:25 PM
You can't beat a bot.

Marik
Sun, 12-14-2008, 11:32 PM
You can't beat a bot.

I'm not a bot.

Nadouku
Sun, 12-14-2008, 11:57 PM
You can't beat a bot.

Meh, he has missed a few episodes of other titled animes (like Bleach, for example). :D

Episode 9 was pretty suspenseful, since Rimi had to show off her Di-Sword to save Takumi. Now, lets see if they can uncover the mystery behind his sister's disappearance.

Marik
Mon, 12-15-2008, 12:09 AM
Episode 9 was pretty suspenseful, since Rimi had to show off her Di-Sword to save Takumi. Now, lets see if they can uncover the mystery behind his sister's disappearance.
I hate how the opening ruined that for me. Spoiling all the people who have swords and so on. I was already expecting her to use it, sooner or later.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-15-2008, 01:22 AM
So much stuff went on this episode (10) I'm not sure how much of it sank in.

-Nanami - is she a delusion? Hard to say. How long has she been captured, and when has she started being replaced by the fake one? There's still room for doubt, but the one who turned up at the container house today was probably fake-Takumi's delusion. I'd like to think the one captured at Nozomi Corp is real though, since it'd fit in nicely with the whole idea of "If you think you're real then you are. (Others thinking that too will help), while if you think you're a delusion, then even the real you can disappear (as a delusion created by yourself)".

However, one's not supposed to be able to "real-boot" without a Di-Sword, meaning Nanami's right-hand disappearing shouldn't be her own delusion. Only other thing I can think of is it's caused by fake-Takumi (I'll call him Takumi/Taku/Taki from now on) as he's doubting his sister's existence.

-Nurse as Grim was a surprise, though her involvement isn't if you bothered reading the OP sequence.

-Yua's log of Takumi messaging Takumi makes sense if you replace one side with Shogun.

Everon
Mon, 12-15-2008, 02:07 AM
I'm getting a vanilla sky vibe.

Nadouku
Mon, 12-15-2008, 03:00 AM
Damn, episode 10 rocked. Never seen so much tension before, and the development of Yua was pretty surprising as well. Looks like the next episode is drawing near towards the end.

masamuneehs
Mon, 12-15-2008, 03:10 AM
I'm getting a vanilla sky vibe.
sorta, but not quite.

the show is still holding my interest, even though they are constantly trying to explain stuff... personally i'll be a little disgruntled if it turns out to be "old man Shogun (original Takumi) vs evil mind-controlling company" with the rest of the people just sorta thrown in the mix.

there's some fascinating stuff, but I liked it better when more things were up in the air.

i'm also going to be pissed as hell if the old detective really is dead. that guy was the one dude in the whole show i was really rooting for.

MFauli
Mon, 12-15-2008, 10:22 AM
First, thank your very much, Ryllharu, for recommending this series

Second, just finished watching all 10 episodes. Amazing show.

Though i have to say (havent read this whole topic yet, maybe someone already mentioned it), the series took quite a turn after episode 5 or 6. At the beginning, Takumi was simply an otaku, and the series revolved around his misery. Then, after 5 episodes, he seems to be on the go nonstop, always involved in some action, and his maniac-al side kind of vanished, you know, where he couldnt stand "3D girls".

I cant wait to see how this show ends. Hopefully, it´s more than just destroying Noah 2. That would be too linear imo, looking how the series started with so many possibilities.

David75
Thu, 12-25-2008, 10:11 AM
[m 3 3 w] Chaos Head - 11 (H 264) [85DCBA97] mkv 400.41Mb @ Mininova (http://www.mininova.org/get/2120526)

[m 3 3 w] Chaos Head - 11 (XviD) [8CC0A99C] avi 172.04Mb @ Mininova (http://www.mininova.org/get/2120528)

Nadouku
Thu, 12-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Taku's resolution has finally been formed, and now the battle awaits our "hero". Can't wait for the next episode!

This episode sums up everything that has happened, which surprised me, but who would have known that she was the one pulling the strings. Great episode.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 12-25-2008, 06:26 PM
The nurse was fishy since the sleepwalk test, but who would have known she'd have no qualms having a dig into someone's brain? (I'll admit, the medical part of myself is curious as to what happenes when you do that...) I thought this was the type of show that would hold all the mysteries till the very end, but instead they cleared up most, if not all, the questions, leaving us with a straight action finale, which isn't unwelcome after 11 episodes of mind scrambling.

I thought they said Shogun would die when Taku awoke, but that didn't happen immediately like I expected. I'm thinking if the current Shogun is ironically being kept alive by Taku's illusion.

Oh, and next episode: Neo vs Mr. Smith!!

David75
Fri, 12-26-2008, 12:38 AM
The nurse was fishy since the sleepwalk test, but who would have known she'd have no qualms having a dig into someone's brain? (I'll admit, the medical part of myself is curious as to what happenes when you do that...) I thought this was the type of show that would hold all the mysteries till the very end, but instead they cleared up most, if not all, the questions, leaving us with a straight action finale, which isn't unwelcome after 11 episodes of mind scrambling.

I thought they said Shogun would die when Taku awoke, but that didn't happen immediately like I expected. I'm thinking if the current Shogun is ironically being kept alive by Taku's illusion.

Oh, and next episode: Neo vs Mr. Smith!!
Regarding the medical part for the "experiment" she was conducting, it is said that the brain doesn't have any pain nerves. That asumption is strange when you can have headaches but whatever.
My guess would be that you could theoritecally remove functions gradually while keeping the patient aware till you remove their awareness of course.
But the very limiting factor is that any part you remove will create a huge bleeding that will stop the experiment very quickly.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 12-26-2008, 01:32 AM
Regarding the medical part for the "experiment" she was conducting, it is said that the brain doesn't have any pain nerves. That asumption is strange when you can have headaches but whatever.
My guess would be that you could theoritecally remove functions gradually while keeping the patient aware till you remove their awareness of course.
But the very limiting factor is that any part you remove will create a huge bleeding that will stop the experiment very quickly.

That's correct, you can remove parts of the brain and their corresponding functions from the patient, as long as it's not something essential for life support, or an action that results in life-threatening bleading etc. Phineas Gage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage) is arguably the most well known case.

But the way they made it look like pudding....*shudders*......

Xelbair
Sat, 12-27-2008, 11:52 AM
http://www.mininova.org/tor/2123876 <= EP 12

Death BOO Z
Sun, 12-28-2008, 02:23 AM
seeing as the series is ending. which group would you recommend to watch?

Nadouku
Sun, 12-28-2008, 02:31 AM
m.3.3.w, since they have pretty good translation and good quality.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 12-28-2008, 03:09 AM
m.3.3.w has been an awesome group in the last year or two. Their schedule's pretty spot on, with the occasional delay or two for their lower priority shows, which only shows they're human. They limit themselves to romance-themed anime, but that only keeps them on track without worrying about all these other good shows.

My answer should be obvious ;)

MFauli
Sun, 12-28-2008, 05:43 AM
So, 13 was the final episode, eh?

I have to say that i liked the first half of the series better. In the end it became yet another fantasy-anime, set in modern times, and nothing more. From the series beginning, i expected a more unusual progression of the story...and i totally missed Taku&#180;s nerdiness in the last episodes.

"Good" series.

Nadouku
Wed, 12-31-2008, 01:00 PM
[m.3.3.w.] Chaos;Head - Episode 12 AVIDownload (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/[m.3.3.w]%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2012%20(XviD)%20[166155D9].avi.torrent)
[m.3.3.w.] Chaos;Head - Episode 12 MKVDownload (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/[m.3.3.w]%20Chaos%20Head%20-%2012%20(H.264)%20[35934643].mkv.torrent)

I knew Norose would betray those guys after they fund everything for him. It was weird how so many Seiras came up and grappled with Takumi, and the lovey-dovey scene with all the girls. Awesome last episode!

Board of Command
Wed, 12-31-2008, 07:39 PM
I can't say I enjoyed this series. The first half was pretty good in that it has a very unconventional delivery compared to most anime. The final few episodes was just a big wallop of WTF. All the mumbo jumbo pseudo-science didn't help either.

Nadouku
Wed, 12-31-2008, 07:53 PM
I can't say I enjoyed this series. The first half was pretty good in that it has a very unconventional delivery compared to most anime. The final few episodes was just a big wallop of WTF. All the mumbo jumbo pseudo-science didn't help either.

I agree. The beginning had some potential for massive gore and other screwy psychological attacks. After they introduced Di-Swords, though, it kind of went downhill. Now, it turned into another Shounen style, where the hero gets excessive power from his friends and defeats the bad guys. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it til the end.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-31-2008, 09:15 PM
Well, it's over.

With this show, I too will say the process of getting there was better than where we actually ended up. Things got shaky near the end, where it seemed to boil down to a match of willpower and clarity of mind. It's strange how people with the exact same power, and are aware of it's weakness, can be subdued by each other like this.

Still, like I said, the ending was nothing spectacular, but how we got there was rather enjoyable. Especially the first few episodes, this show had a (seemingly) confusing and complicated plot. The "reality" we perceived too, was entirely of an otaku with questionable mental stability, leaving us in the dark about exactly what's going on. Chaos;Head's been one of my most highly anticipated shows every week it's been airing, so for that, I commend it, even if it fell a bit short.

Self identity would be the most important theme discussed here. You are, after all, what other people perceive you as. Norose said it well, "Humans can only see themselves clearly though another person's eyes". Truth is, after all, only a collective agreement by the masses. Democracy doesn't help neither. In an effort to prove their existence, people in history have "made their mark", fulfilling challenges that are praised and acknowledged by others. In the same way, each of us, consciously or not, yearn for, and seek praise and acknowledgment to assure our sense of self.

But in the end, it's only an assurance.As much support and acknowledgment as Taku got, it was he himself who had to accept and decide he was real. The other Takumi talked about him being real-booted and all, but really, with Taku's powers, he could truly make himself nonexistent if he believed so. In the end, he was who he thought he was.

"I think, therefore I am."

masamuneehs
Fri, 01-09-2009, 08:03 AM
wow. i just watched episode 11 and i don't even know if i want to bother going and getting 12. this show was excellent when it first started. the cookiness and spookiness meshed very well, the spineless main character was almost too much like a normal dude, and the aspect of insanity and the mystery around everything was pretty gripping.

now? now we can't even come up with mildly entertaining sub-bosses to occupy the harem D-sword girls so that Taku has a showdown with Norose. The nurse and treacherous detective? That's the best they can do?

just goes to show. some stories are better left unfinished.

KitKat
Sat, 01-10-2009, 02:12 AM
Very bland ending. Not what I'd hoped for at all. I agree with most others here that this show had a lot of potential when it began, but just spiralled down to a slow and suffocating death of trite anime story elements mashed together. The Hero Saves The Day! Weak Character Becomes Resolute and Protects his Friends. Self-Sacrificing Side Character Motivates Friends to Help Hero. Come on, people, why did you give us this? That's not what this show was about before. Sheesh. I mean, I was expecting a change in Taku's character as the show progressed, and they'd been doing a pretty good job of it until near the end when he suddenly decided to become Mr. Hero. In my opinion, a more appropriate course of action might have been for him to materialize Seira-tan in one of her warrior forms and have her protect him, like his personal guard. That would have been more suited to his personality.

Well, regardless, it's over. I'm giving this show a 7/10 overall, for it's kick-ass beginning, and bland ending, which even each other out a bit for a mediocre rating.