PDA

View Full Version : What are you eating?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Self explanatory. Fire away.

Fatty roast duck with baby corn and rice. The duck is nice, but doesn't take microwaving very well.

TheBladeChild
Mon, 10-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Steak and rice, with my very special steak sauce that i make myself from common household condiments(dont ask, most people think its gross) and some tomatoes and onions.

python862
Mon, 10-06-2008, 12:45 AM
Tonight I had some hamburgers, cheddar-filled hotdogs and the like.

Marik
Mon, 10-06-2008, 01:12 AM
SeaPak Oven Crunchy Popcorn Shrimp with Tartar Sauce.

Sapphire
Mon, 10-06-2008, 06:29 AM
I don't eat. I thrive from the tears of my enemies.

Death BOO Z
Mon, 10-06-2008, 08:41 AM
I made some pasta, and had some microwave frozen meat with it, nothing too fancy, but decent.

Dark Dragon
Mon, 10-06-2008, 10:16 AM
I don't eat. I thrive from the tears of my enemies.

Consuming that much salt couldn't possibly be good for the body.

I am currently eating some Chinese BBQ pork over a bed of steam rice, good way to start the day.

BioAlien
Mon, 10-06-2008, 10:27 AM
I ate some pork chop with rice.. and ketchup, lot's of it. Because I love ketchup, it goes well on any kind of meat.

And right now I'm eating a cookie, it's my after meal "desert".

itadakimasu
Mon, 10-06-2008, 11:13 AM
going to be eating some chili pretty soon... made it for dinner last night ;)

gotta love things that you can cook in a single pot. cook and season meat, throw in beans and veggies... let cook. eat ! nice and simple.

David75
Mon, 10-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Steamed sticky rice and veal
1 carrot raw (nice snack btw)
a small portion of french baguette, 1900 like with a little bit of honey
a little bit of apple compote.

Portion are small, because I prefer having a light dinner.

fahoumh
Mon, 10-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Havarti cheese on 2 sections of a baguette and La Vache qui Rit cheese on another. This is my breakfast....I wish I had some milk.

XanBcoo
Mon, 10-06-2008, 12:24 PM
I refuse to respond to this thread with "what I'm eating right this moment".

I try to make my diet consist of mostly lean meats, unsaturated fats, and lots of complex carbs. Also, because I'm trying to put on weight, I drink at least 2 of these a day: Serious Mass (http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2134057)

On a good day, I'll eat like this:

First breakfast: 1.5 cup of oatmeal made with 2 cups of milk. I will mix in half a scoop of Serious Mass and chop up 1 banana.
Second breakfast: 4 or 5 eggs, scrambled, and one whole wheat bagel.
First Lunch: Peanut butter and banana sandwich. Made with 1 banana and natural peanut butter:
Second Lunch: 2 chicken breasts and 1 cup of brown rice. Alternately half a pound of beef made with wheat pasta, or a Serious Mass shake, or a double-meat Oven Roasted Chicken Breast sandwich at Subway with a shit-load of lettuce and carrots.
Dinner: Usually leftovers from previous meals. Usually more chicken, or another sandwich, either PB&B or ham with carrot sticks.
Before bed: Serious Mass shake. Made with 1 full scoop of the stuff and 3 to 4 cups of milk.

I can't eat like that every day, sadly, because of school, so I'll often only eat one lunch, or one breakfast. But that's mainly what I eat.

Also my girlfriend has been cooking for me lately, so I've been having a lot of Shrimp Linguine and Chicken Fettuccine.

animus
Mon, 10-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Clam Sauce Linguine, mmm

Xelbair
Mon, 10-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Tartare FTW! - but without bread - i dont like to mix those two.

David75
Mon, 10-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Tartare FTW! - but without bread - i dont like to mix those two.

Oh! Strange.
With a nice farm bread slice...

Well I liked it in the past. But ever since I started going to restaurants, discover many ways of cooking, different food cultures, I admitt that such preparations have less appeal to me.

Xollence
Mon, 10-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Just had some kalbi with raw garlic and lettuce.

LaZie
Mon, 10-06-2008, 07:13 PM
I had something where there are 2 meat patties between 2 buns. 2 slices of cheese melted in between, with some grilled diced onions, pickles, tomatoes, lettuce, and some thousand island sauce all combined together with a side of thinly rectangular sliced baked potatoes.

Psyke
Mon, 10-06-2008, 07:53 PM
I'd post a picture of my next meal if I have a camera phone. Not that I'm in a backward country but my job and workplace forbids recording devices. :(

You guys should start posting pictures. A picture paints a thousand words, no?

LaZie
Mon, 10-06-2008, 07:58 PM
So we should turn this thread into "Post a picture of your meal" thread? :p

Psyke
Mon, 10-06-2008, 08:03 PM
So we should turn this thread into "Post a picture of your meal" thread? :p

Well if gets the message across better than words, why not? :D

I would have loved to see Kit kat and her jellyfish. :)

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-07-2008, 08:14 AM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8085/pa070196pj6.jpg

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9356/pa070197oz2.jpg

Tempura Udon (No preservatives). Contained a sachet of dehydrated vege flakes, powdered soup base and a pouch of soyu. Very tasty. Also comes in Miso flavour.

My diet's been a mess lately though. I don't know what I'm eating. Or rather, I don't know how I'm eating.

Beakfasts usually consist of one or two muesli mars during lectures. I tend to skip breakfast on weekends.

Lunches, usually leftover dinner from the night before. If not, whatever I whip up at home. Usually something Instant.

Dinner: These used to, and still tend to be BIG. I've found Asians tend to have small breakfasts and huge dinners, while those from White culture tend to be the other way around. The latter's supposed to be healthier, from what I've heard. I'm cutting down on dinner though, mainly because my lunches are all pushed back till 3pm or something.

Kraco
Tue, 10-07-2008, 08:33 AM
They look like thick, colourless worms. Delicious.

Animeniax
Tue, 10-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Udon is my least liked of the Asian noodles. They don't absorb flavors well unlike the more tasty noodles. Plus they're so thick and just taste weird.

I spent two weeks eating Vietnamese food, mostly pho and spring rolls. Yummy. Sadly, the "authentic" stuff from the old country doesn't taste as good as the stuff you get from Vietnamese shops in the US. Must be the added MSG.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Haha, I realised they'd look like earthworms the moment I posted them. Soup really doesn't stick too well to them, but that's why the soup tends to be on the strong side. I don't know what my favourite noodles are now. I eat anything these days.

Marik
Tue, 10-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Chips Ahoy!, chocolate chip cookies.

python862
Wed, 10-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Maybe you should try my recipe for 'red ramen', Buff. It's on the hot/spicy side though. Meh, whatever. If you wanna try it, that's up to you.

LaZie
Wed, 10-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Well theres some udon hate going around. As for me, I love them :p

KitKat
Wed, 10-08-2008, 12:32 AM
I would have loved to see Kit kat and her jellyfish. :)
You'd think that a sea creature in disguise would look scary like udon, but it was suspiciously noodle-like in appearance. Safe, normal noodles. I did my best to mask my feeling of horror as I put them in my mouth and bit down, feeling the squishyness of it give way to a distinct crunchiness. Crunch crunch crunch. I overcame my panic, swallowed them, smiled and said, "That's interesting. More? Oh, no thank you, I'm saving room for the next dish."

Buffalobiian
Wed, 10-08-2008, 02:08 AM
Maybe you should try my recipe for 'red ramen', Buff. It's on the hot/spicy side though. Meh, whatever. If you wanna try it, that's up to you.

Hell yeah!

python862
Fri, 10-10-2008, 04:13 AM
So did you get the PM, Buff?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-10-2008, 09:55 AM
Yeah, I'll give it a try some time. Dying from an assignment deadline right now, so I'll go pick up some ingredients soon. btw, is that ramen as in the real deal, or generic 2min ramen/noodles?

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 10-10-2008, 12:40 PM
Peanut butter pie.

animus
Fri, 10-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Double-cooked pork on rice, man that is so good.

python862
Fri, 10-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I'll give it a try some time. Dying from an assignment deadline right now, so I'll go pick up some ingredients soon. btw, is that ramen as in the real deal, or generic 2min ramen/noodles?
I have to make it with the Nissin package noodles, only because I don't have an asian market anywhere near me, and I don't really feel like shopping online, but I'm sure you could probably make it work with the real ramen with a little tweaking.

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 10-10-2008, 03:06 PM
A Southern chicken sandwich from McDonald's. I better win the fucking Monopoly this time. I'm one stamp away from a million dollars!

kenren
Fri, 10-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Duck Rice. LOL

UChessmaster
Fri, 10-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Orange juice

Marik
Sun, 10-12-2008, 09:52 AM
12 1/2 oz. bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-12-2008, 09:53 AM
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/2423/pa130205yq4.jpg

Green Tea. Good for powering through an assignment due in 11hrs. I'll probably have 5 teabags worth tonight. I actually find it much better than coffee. After a full night of coffee, I feel like shit in the morning. Like sick shit.

python862
Sun, 10-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Not to derail the thread, but you have very sloppy handwriting (though it's like I'm one to talk...). Once again, I find myself having hamburgers tonight.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-20-2008, 08:46 AM

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/6015/pa200208hn2.jpg

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/402/pa200209zi1.jpg

HOT!!! That was..intense. It took me an hour to eat that. I had a full glass of water in between each bite, and in the end I took all the noodles out of the soup to aid the cooling process. I'm not exaggerating, I could feel my stomach radiating after I finished the meal. By the end of the hour it was pretty cold already, but here my stomach was, acting like a miniature furnace. Not a burning sensation, but definitely heat.

I followed your instructions, but I'm not sure if I followed the right. The recipe gave instructions for one ramen packet, so I simply doubled everything to make two. Also, teaspoons of spices, I used HEAPED spoonfuls, like you would if you made Milo. Was it meant to be flat across? I'll try it again soon, but maybe with level teaspoons this time to make it less of an ordeal ;)

animus
Mon, 10-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Haha, how're you with spicy food in general?

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Haha, how're you with spicy food in general?

I'm told I can take it quite hot, but that's only relatively speaking. I've yet to have a showdown with anybody who claims to take it hot. The last person was my mum like 7 years ago, but she's growing old now, and she says she can't take it anymore (contrary to dying taste buds). Currently she's wimpy by comparison.

In general, I find "hot food" at restaurants(not specialty ones) either okay (rarely) or weak. And this "Put on the Heat" tin of lentils/meat mix I bought from Woolworths (Aussie chain supermarket, kinda like Wal-Mart) was nothing.

Animeniax
Mon, 10-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Dang that's a lotta carbs! Looks like 3 packs of ramen at least.

Can one of you pm me the recipe please? I'll take the heat challenge.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-20-2008, 09:28 AM
Dang that's a lotta carbs! Looks like 3 packs of ramen at least.

Can one of you pm me the recipe please? I'll take the heat challenge.

PM sent. I look forward to your response. I cooked 2x100g packets of Nissan Teriyaki Chicken with Garlic Noodles.

I remember back in the day (which really wasn't so long ago), my record was 5 of these 100g packets. I wasn't full then neither, and could have easily gone for more, but some voice in my head whispered it wasn't a good idea. I reluctantly listened to it.

So what image of Buff do you have in your head now? :D

(My BMI is around 20-22 for imagination purposes)

animus
Mon, 10-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Let's have some sticky, yes?

Animeniax
Mon, 10-20-2008, 11:27 AM
PM sent. I look forward to your response. I cooked 2x100g packets of Nissan Teriyaki Chicken with Garlic Noodles.

I remember back in the day (which really wasn't so long ago), my record was 5 of these 100g packets. I wasn't full then neither, and could have easily gone for more, but some voice in my head whispered it wasn't a good idea. I reluctantly listened to it.

So what image of Buff do you have in your head now? :D

(My BMI is around 20-22 for imagination purposes)
Thanks for sending it, Buff, but it will be a few weeks before I can try the recipe. Where I'm at I'd have to mail order the spices and I can't cook ramen like normal, since boiler plates aren't allowed. I'll be in the US in Dec hopefully and can try it then :o

I can usually eat two packets max before I'm too full, but that's because I usually add meat, shrimp, onions, and green onions to the soup. Do you guys not add meat and veggies to your ramen?

python862
Mon, 10-20-2008, 12:06 PM
I followed your instructions, but I'm not sure if I followed the right. The recipe gave instructions for one ramen packet, so I simply doubled everything to make two. Also, teaspoons of spices, I used HEAPED spoonfuls, like you would if you made Milo. Was it meant to be flat across? I'll try it again soon, but maybe with level teaspoons this time to make it less of an ordeal ;)
From the looks of it, you made it exactly right. That's a nice deep red, as I said to you in the PM, and from the reaction, I'm gauging it about to the point where you've got it down. As for doubling it, you're good on that too. Like I told you in the thread, it's a bit on the hot/spicy side. Also, did you use 1/4 cup of hot sauce, or 1/2? And which brand hot sauce did you use? These things also factor in, as some sauces are worse than others (i.e., this one time, my father brought home a new hot sauce to try, called Vicious Viper... regretted it for a while.).

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 10-20-2008, 02:33 PM
I'd like that recipe too. I love spicy food, it seems the chili oil I get with my Chinese take-out is the only thing that comes close to pleasing me if I'm not making the dish myself. I can't even find any habaneros around here anymore though, I need to look harder.

My favorite time was when I tried a hot sauce called "Da Bomb", the label said it was the second hottest stuff on the planet. I drank a capful and it liquified my insides.

Abdula
Mon, 10-20-2008, 07:06 PM
http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/402/pa200209zi1.jpg
I don't like spicy food but that looks absolutely delicious.

python862
Mon, 10-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Sheesh, I guess everyone on Gotwoot's getting the recipe!

animus
Mon, 10-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Send it this way too, I love spicey food!

KitKat
Mon, 10-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Heh, no spicy food for KitKat. I'm one of those people that gets 'medium' salsa from the store and thinks it's too hot.

I finally got around to uploading my pictures! This is the totoro cookies and homemade fortune cookies I made for my birthday. The cake was made for me by my friend.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/engphysgirl/birthdayfoods-1.jpg

animus
Mon, 10-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Those fortune cookies better have fortunes in them!

Psyke
Mon, 10-20-2008, 11:44 PM
Totoro cookies for the win! I can't make out what's the cake about though..... :p

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-21-2008, 01:05 AM
Ooh, I love the Totoro on the bottom left :o

PMed a few more people with the recipe. I tried it again today, and I leveled out the teaspoons a bit. I finished it in 5mins this time instead of 50 :D. I have to say, now that I actually ate the thing, it tasted pretty good. Definitely hot more than anything, but I can imagine it being a little different depending on what flavoured ramen you tried.

Also, I'm willing to believe that "One teaspoon" means this:
http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/6425/pa210211ya0.jpg

and not this:

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/1535/pa210210jp9.jpg

lso, did you use 1/4 cup of hot sauce, or 1/2? And which brand hot sauce did you use? These things also factor in, as some sauces are worse than others (i.e., this one time, my father brought home a new hot sauce to try, called Vicious Viper... regretted it for a while.).

I used this Indonesian hot sauce that we've got at home. It's pretty strong.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/2779/pa210212zw9.jpg

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 10-21-2008, 02:41 AM
What would you think about adding some sambal as well? I'm trying this tomorrow.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-21-2008, 09:12 AM
What would you think about adding some sambal as well? I'm trying this tomorrow.

If you like sambal, I guess why not? You sound like you can turn up the heat, so I dare you! ;)

I can usually eat two packets max before I'm too full, but that's because I usually add meat, shrimp, onions, and green onions to the soup. Do you guys not add meat and veggies to your ramen?

Must have missed this the first time I read it. I usually put in some greens and a bit of meat if I feel like it. Greens can be pretty much any Asian green or lettuce. Meat is usually something I can dig out from the freezer, like beef balls, fish balls, calamari balls or wontons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonton). Every so often, my freezer will be stocked up with a batch of either my mum's or my aunt's wontons. They make them differently, and I like both!

My mum's is more of the Cantonese style, with emphasis on "freshness". That's mainly achieved by using prawns and veges, while pork is used sparingly. My aunt's is very big and meaty, and makes hers like she's making Siu Mai (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siu_mai) (sometimes wrongly? called Dim Sims). She smacks the pork like crazy, giving it a really bouncy texture, then loads heaps of it into the wonton pastry with some seasoning. I swear you'll never see wontons that big in restaurants.

On rare occasions, I'll fry an egg and some ham to top t all off. I was wanting to simply try out python's recipe that day, so I just cooked the noodles as is.

Psyke
Sat, 10-25-2008, 06:16 AM
My instant noodles may be gone but at least my wife still cooks for me. :p

Dinner which I just ate:
http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/6055/img0462ew4.jpg

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-25-2008, 08:07 AM
A healthy alternative too there Psyke. What is that sauce that's got chilli in it? It doesn't look as dark as regular soy sauce, which otherwise would have been my first guess.

Psyke
Sat, 10-25-2008, 08:33 AM
A healthy alternative too there Psyke. What is that sauce that's got chilli in it? It doesn't look as dark as regular soy sauce, which otherwise would have been my first guess.

It's light soya sauce, not the darker type. :)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-25-2008, 08:40 AM
It's light soya sauce, not the darker type. :)

How does that compare with the darker type? Less strong, more sweet?

Psyke
Sat, 10-25-2008, 09:09 AM
How does that compare with the darker type? Less strong, more sweet?

It's lighter, not just in colour, but tastes saltier. It's usually used for noodles, and other soup based dishes. Should be pretty common, I suppose.

Junior
Sat, 10-25-2008, 01:04 PM
I'm eating..."Provita whole wheat crispbread"

Basically...wheaty biscuits. Or something along those lines.

Lucifus
Sat, 10-25-2008, 03:18 PM
.....Freshly cut Pineapple slices.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-28-2008, 07:50 AM
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/6364/pa280229li7.jpg
+
http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/9135/pa280232wh5.jpg

=

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/638/pa280234xq7.jpg
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4299/pa280236oz4.jpg

Ingredients
-Sesame Oil
-Oyster sauce
-Egg noodles
-Asian Greens
-Shallot

"Boil noodles & veggies until cooked. Add oyster sauce, sesame oil to taste. Garnish with shallot and serve."
*Proportions up to personal preference.*

Quick. Simple. Tasty.

animus
Tue, 10-28-2008, 08:58 AM
Are you Cantonese per chance?

Psyke
Tue, 10-28-2008, 09:35 AM
I thought you were using some digimon sauce or something. :p Looks good!

python862
Tue, 10-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Not to derail the thread, but how long does it take you to line up those artistic shots?

Anyway, I've been recently chowing down on a lot of chili with beans. With mounds of cheese.

Animeniax
Tue, 10-28-2008, 12:37 PM
You must smell wonderful after those meals.

I used to love oyster sauce until my mom used it too much in her cooking. Then I got tired of it, though in proper proportions it really adds a lot of flavor to noodles.

Junior
Tue, 10-28-2008, 03:30 PM
Lolling @ the Digimon sauce possiblity. XD

I'm drinking Ginger-beer and eating Provita biscuits again.

XanBcoo
Tue, 10-28-2008, 05:45 PM
You can never be as badass as you are when you're drinking juice out of a pink Digimon cup.

Bow down, suckas.

animus
Tue, 10-28-2008, 07:16 PM
You can never be as badass as you are when you're drinking juice out of a pink Digimon cup.

Bow down, suckas.

Not only that it's the first season edition. Retro.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Are you Cantonese per chance?

Yep. How'd you guess?

Not to derail the thread, but how long does it take you to line up those artistic shots?

Probably a minute or two, including grabbing the camera and all.

I had to lol at the digimon comments. I forgot when I got that cup, but it's one of my favourites now :D I also had a few Road Runner and Tweedy glasses too.

Edit@DS below: sure

animus
Tue, 10-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Yep. How'd you guess?

I'm Cantonese too and when my mom cooks her sauces usually consist of either soy sauce or oyster sauce with little variation. Just seems to me that Cantonese people cook with oyster sauce a lot. Unsure about Mandarin people.

Also, I think Lee Kum Kei is a Cantonese brand.

darkshadow
Tue, 10-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Lee Kum Kei is sold in super markets here >_>.
Anyway, i'd like to have that red ramen recipe as well :D

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 10-28-2008, 11:01 PM
Next time I make the red ramen I am definitely leaving the sambal out. And also all that hot sauce makes it taste too vinegary. I'll adjust it next time.

Peach yogurt with flax seeds.

Animeniax
Tue, 10-28-2008, 11:23 PM
On a recommendation I'm having sliced banana in my cereal for the first time ever. Can't say I like it. Soggy bananas, yuck.

XanBcoo
Wed, 10-29-2008, 12:28 AM
On a recommendation I'm having sliced banana in my cereal for the first time ever. Can't say I like it. Soggy bananas, yuck.
As I posted earlier in this thread, I have a banana every morning in my oatmeal. Doesn't ever get soggy since I put it in after the oatmeal's cooked. Maybe you should just try eating the banana alongside the cereal?

Having a PB&B sandwich right now. Really delicious.

animus
Fri, 10-31-2008, 12:17 PM
Root Beer Float. Haven't had one of these in forever.

Animeniax
Fri, 10-31-2008, 12:36 PM
As I posted earlier in this thread, I have a banana every morning in my oatmeal. Doesn't ever get soggy since I put it in after the oatmeal's cooked. Maybe you should just try eating the banana alongside the cereal?Growing up I always saw commercials and images of cereal with fresh berries or slices of bananas in it but never tried it myself. I put the banana in right before I ate the cereal, still too soggy.

I've been eating oatmeal lately and I looked at the package and can't see the point. High in carbs, high in sodium, and some packages are high in calories. Protein, fiber, and other nutritious reasons for eating oatmeal seem negligible. So what's the point of eating oatmeal?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-07-2008, 08:35 AM
http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/5618/pb070244mx9.jpg
Today's Breakky.
Exam Block means I get to eat breakfast at home now. Out of habit, I still include my usual, mobile staples.

XanBcoo
Fri, 11-07-2008, 12:23 PM
I've been eating oatmeal lately and I looked at the package and can't see the point. High in carbs, high in sodium, and some packages are high in calories. Protein, fiber, and other nutritious reasons for eating oatmeal seem negligible. So what's the point of eating oatmeal?
Sorry, I only just saw this.

Stop eating those little packages of oatmeal with loads of sodium and sugar. Buy oats. Just plain rolled or steel cut oats. They're basically the best thing you can eat.

Animeniax
Fri, 11-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Crap, that figures. All I have access to is the little packets. Buying and shipping a canister of oats to my location is too expensive. I'll just stop eating the packets, but I was getting tired of them anyway. Thanks for the information.

I finally opened this bottle of sriracha hot sauce that a buddy sent as a gift a while ago. It's hard to get stuff like this where I'm at. I added it to a bowl of ramen with sliced shiitake mushrooms. Delicious!

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/6809/2578largeuw2.th.jpg (http://img377.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2578largeuw2.jpg)http://img377.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)

Nadouku
Fri, 11-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Beef Lo Mein with Soy Sauce. Mmm, mmm, delicious!

LaZie
Mon, 11-17-2008, 01:51 AM
I had this for dessert the other night.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/LaZieKiD/l_df7723e2fd4b40178a49d5d033076305.jpg

Buffalobiian
Mon, 11-17-2008, 01:54 AM
Man, that's driving my sweet-tooth senses crazy :o

What's in it? The filling almost looks like icecream.

LaZie
Mon, 11-17-2008, 02:13 AM
Man, that's driving my sweet-tooth senses crazy :o

What's in it? The filling almost looks like icecream.

Well I think its because it is ice cream :p

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-09-2008, 10:57 PM
1KG (2.2lbs) Beef Lasagne.

*pats stomach* :)

Assassin
Tue, 12-16-2008, 06:49 PM
i just had some sushi. its not sitting well.

sushi is not meant to be eaten as an all you can eat buffet.

saman
Wed, 12-17-2008, 12:16 AM
all you can eat sushi is actually the best thing ever. just not as a buffet. that's just weird.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-17-2008, 04:56 AM
i just had some sushi. its not sitting well.

sushi is not meant to be eaten as an all you can eat buffet.

I love all-you-can-eat-sushi-buffet!!:D

They're not top quality, and generally served in styles that pack more rice, but knowing that you'll have to eat to get your money's worth is a good feeling...until you over do it..:rolleyes:

The constant refilling due to demand also keeps the food fresh. I should give that place a visit sometime again.:)

Animeniax
Wed, 12-17-2008, 05:03 AM
all you can eat sushi is actually the best thing ever. just not as a buffet. that's just weird.
I disagree. I feel that it's the limitedness of what you get that makes it more appealing. If you only get 5 pieces of sushi you appreciate each bite more, and generally it's of higher quality.

David75
Wed, 12-17-2008, 05:11 AM
All you can eat sushi indeed is a problem.
It's strange how something that seems so simple can vary so much in flavor and range from tasteless to incredibly subtle and good.
Also, with the same shushiya, you may experience differences from day to day, so it's also related to the quality of the products of the day, or the guy himself, or the one eating maybe?

All in all, I have a japanese restaurant near my office, the staff is all chinese. But, this place as a very nice quality/price ratio with quality within 90% of that of the best sushi I had to date. Lots of other sushi restaurant are in the 60% range, even some of them with japanese staff... so that criteria isn't the only one to take into account.

I'm speaking sushi only, because for other japanese food, my chinese staff isn't as accurate, which isn't a big deal as I go there for sushi mainly.

Writing and reading all this, I may go there for lunch, as it's almost 12 here... so the what are you eating question, could be answered with sushi today, if I go there.

Buffalobiian
Wed, 12-17-2008, 05:42 AM
Japanese Curried Rice w Fish Katsu. (Should have taken pictures :()

I've never been to that shop before, and my friend told me they added in a new "graded curry" menu, so we went and tried that. Hotness went from lvl 0 (no chili) to lvl 10. With no reference whatsoever, I took the level 6 curry just to be on the safe side. It still tasted great, but next time I go there, I think I'll order their lvl10 challenge :D:D

David75
Wed, 12-17-2008, 07:55 AM
So I finally had a sushi sashimi combo... and since it's so cold here, a bol of udon too :o
Sides were a salad, rice with a bit of vinegar, small tofu soup.

I feel warmer now, but I wonder when in the afternoon my brain will be back online for work :D

Junior
Thu, 12-18-2008, 03:58 PM
I'm just drinking Grapetizer however I may sneak downstairs and have a piece of my brother's chocolate birthday cake.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-29-2008, 03:23 AM
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/42/pc290257sm7.jpg

A healthier and cheaper drink than cola for my summer needs! :cool:

Animeniax
Sun, 01-11-2009, 02:56 AM
Sorry, I only just saw this.

Stop eating those little packages of oatmeal with loads of sodium and sugar. Buy oats. Just plain rolled or steel cut oats. They're basically the best thing you can eat.I finally got a can of Quaker oats and tried a bowl. Yuck. Probably the blandest food I've ever tasted. I even added some salt, no dice. Is there some trick to eating this stuff or is the cholesterol reduction just not worth eating wet paper pulp for?

dragonrage
Sun, 01-11-2009, 03:15 AM
just woke up hungry, made myself 4 scrambled eggs, they are gone now, and i still have the munchies.Damn the supermarket is closed at 3 am and i don't think eggs are going to cut it again.

Animeniax
Sun, 01-11-2009, 03:28 AM
You need some toppings in the eggs, like tomato, onion, cheese, jalapenos, and maybe bell pepper, plus some meat like ham, bacon, or sausage. Eggs alone are hardly filling unless you eat enough of them. Maybe try some toast with your eggs.

Kraco
Sun, 01-11-2009, 06:30 AM
Just ate boiled taters plus fishsticks with sour cream sauce à la Kraco.

I should eat more fish in general. I don't eat it as much as they recommend.

Paper
Sun, 01-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I just finish eating a steak omelet from IHOP, "international house of pancakes" the omelet was very good but I forgot to ask them for country style eggs instead of the box eggs, hence my food wasn't the best in the world but it did the job and I love steak.

Animeniax
Sun, 01-11-2009, 11:01 AM
Lately I've been putting dried sliced shitake mushroom in everything, from miso soup to ramen bowls to sardines. They have this amazing salty taste but no sodium and they're good for you.

XanBcoo
Sun, 01-11-2009, 06:30 PM
You need some toppings in the eggs, like tomato, onion, cheese, jalapenos, and maybe bell pepper, plus some meat like ham, bacon, or sausage. Eggs alone are hardly filling unless you eat enough of them. Maybe try some toast with your eggs.
6 eggs + wheat bagel is enough to fill me up.

Lots of people have told me eggs every day can be bad for you. What's a good way to prepare just egg whites?

I finally got a can of Quaker oats and tried a bowl. Yuck. Probably the blandest food I've ever tasted. I even added some salt, no dice. Is there some trick to eating this stuff or is the cholesterol reduction just not worth eating wet paper pulp for?
Hah, I didn't consider that part. I usually mix in half a scoop of flavored protein powder, so mine tastes nice. Options are: Find a better tasting oatmeal, find a healthy way to make it taste decent, or get just get used to the blandness.

You could try eating it with bananas or strawberries, or maybe mix in some honey.

dragonrage
Sun, 01-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Eating white rice and stew chicken at the moment. sixth full meal of the day. Nice.

Animeniax
Sun, 01-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Lots of people have told me eggs every day can be bad for you. What's a good way to prepare just egg whites?I think the question of eggs' cholesterol being bad for you is still being debated, but currently it's supposedly bad for you. Really the only way is to make an omelet out of the egg whites. You need the yellow's starch to make scrambled eggs.

Hah, I didn't consider that part. I usually mix in half a scoop of flavored protein powder, so mine tastes nice. Options are: Find a better tasting oatmeal, find a healthy way to make it taste decent, or get just get used to the blandness.

You could try eating it with bananas or strawberries, or maybe mix in some honey.I thought about mixing in something like honey but I thought that would defeat the health aspect. I think I'll try using milk instead of water first, and then flavored protein to give it some flavor.

Nadouku
Mon, 01-12-2009, 12:46 AM
This picture has been removed.

Animeniax
Mon, 01-12-2009, 01:55 AM
Are those training chopsticks?

Nadouku
Mon, 01-12-2009, 02:05 AM
It is. I use them a lot from nostagia since I was little, so it kind of grew on me. :D

Buffalobiian
Mon, 01-12-2009, 03:10 AM
I've been having sesame noodle lately because they're so damn good.

http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp277/Nadouku/Noodle.jpg

That looks so good...I had miso flavoured instant ramen. When I first tried it, I noticed it tasted nothing like miso soup. It's an acquired taste, but now it's my favourite instant noodle flavour.

Kensee
Mon, 01-12-2009, 03:33 AM
I just got back home from a little get together / movie night. We had mac and cheese, pot stickers, kfc cold slaw, and soy milk.

The food was there before I got there, and we were hungry ha! Not the healthiest of choices but hey, it's my cheat day. Back to strict diet for another 6 days -_-

Buffalobiian
Wed, 01-14-2009, 08:10 AM
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/5006/p1140263ad0.jpg

Latte & Hazelnut. Morning Treat.

MMMmmmmmm........

salmonman78
Wed, 01-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Cotto Salami sandwich with mustard on wheat bread....breakfast of champions.

Junior
Wed, 01-14-2009, 02:38 PM
Movie Popcorn and I'm drinking a Just Juice, mango and orange. <3

Animeniax
Thu, 01-15-2009, 04:13 AM
I bought some vanilla-flavored protein powder. Wow this stuff is expensive! I mixed in a cup of the powder with a bowl of oats. Definitely an improvement, though I can't see myself sticking with it. I just enjoy the taste of food too much.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 01-15-2009, 06:21 AM
Where talking about oatmeal here, right? Oatmeal, as in porridge? I eat that stuff sometimes. Mum's a health fanatic, and forces us to have some for breakfast sometimes. I just pour milk in it, and it tastes something like warm milk as I eat it. Not that bad tasting IMO.

Nadouku
Fri, 01-16-2009, 10:46 PM

The Heretic Azazel
Sat, 01-17-2009, 05:16 PM
That looks like a slow death.

Nadouku
Sat, 01-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Heh, only if you eat it and don't exercise for a while. Such a bad combination.

animus
Sat, 01-17-2009, 09:48 PM
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp277/Nadouku/FriedRice.jpg

I ate at an Asian Buffet and it was good. :cool:

You should grab the more expensive stuff.

Whenever I go to Chinese buffets with my sister she's always the one getting the cheap stuff like fried rice. I always go for the fried calamari or the Peking duck. Might as well get your money's worth! :D

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-17-2009, 10:54 PM
You should grab the more expensive stuff.

Whenever I go to Chinese buffets with my sister she's always the one getting the cheap stuff like fried rice. I always go for the fried calamari or the Peking duck. Might as well get your money's worth! :D

Man, go on days when there's seafood. Oysters are so win!:D

That, and prawns, mussels.....

I usually finish off with the cheaper stuff like noodles, rice, omelets and spaghetti, since they're nonetheless fulfilling.

Dark Dragon
Sun, 01-18-2009, 06:39 AM
It's been a while since I came home and i really missed my parents cooking. I lucked out and came back home right when my parents is cooking my favorite meal.

It's basically a Vietnamese beef stew with noodles and carrots, i forgot to take a picture but here is what it generally looks like.

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2522/m123239345si3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/m123239345si3.jpg/1/w435.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img152/m123239345si3.jpg/1/)

Buffalobiian
Sun, 01-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Oh, what are those called? Goldern-edge noodles or something similar? I've had them before, and they taste pretty good. Personally, not nearly as good as Pho noodles though :p

Dark Dragon
Sun, 01-18-2009, 07:21 AM
oh they are called Bo Kho

it's rice noodle in a stew of beef and carrots.

Paper
Sun, 01-18-2009, 08:17 AM
Just finish eaten bowls of cinnamon toast crunch, I end up finishing the third bowl and I just thought to myself.... damn I love that cereal, I should make a favorite cereal thread lol

Nadouku
Sun, 01-18-2009, 10:44 AM

Marik
Sun, 01-18-2009, 11:11 AM
2 bags of Nacho Cheese Doritos, a mr. Goodbar, and Reese's Crunchy Peanut Butter Cups.

Nadouku
Tue, 01-20-2009, 03:56 PM
These pictures have been removed.

XanBcoo
Thu, 01-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Figured out the solution to cooking eggs without the yolk was buying liquid egg whites.
(http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/egg-beaters/10025-liquid-egg-whites)

Cooking scrambled eggs is no longer a hassle. I just pour a cup of that stuff into the pan and bam, scrambled egg whites in half the time. Apparently you can drink them too but that sounds disgusting.

David75
Thu, 01-22-2009, 04:28 PM
For my dinner I just washed/peeled/cut leek, turnip, carrots, prepared some sticky rice, put all that with a chicken fillet for 40 minutes in my steam cooker.

Then put everything in a large bowl and eat.

Paper
Fri, 01-23-2009, 10:16 AM
For my dinner I just washed/peeled/cut leek, turnip, carrots, prepared some sticky rice, put all that with a chicken fillet for 40 minutes in my steam cooker.

Then put everything in a large bowl and eat.

It sounds like a good combination, especially the chicken fillet, I never tasted turnips before I always wonder how it tastes like.

Dark Dragon
Fri, 01-23-2009, 11:43 AM
It sounds like a good combination, especially the chicken fillet, I never tasted turnips before I always wonder how it tastes like.

The best i can describe is that it taste like potatoes if you boiled them but raw Turnip has more of a slightly bitter/strong taste that is somewhat similar to radish.

Paper
Fri, 01-23-2009, 11:52 AM
The best i can describe is that it taste like potatoes if you boiled them but raw Turnip has more of a slightly bitter/strong taste that is somewhat similar to radish.

Turnips are interesting, I never knew it taste like potatoes, I thought for some reason turnips had more like a cucumber sort of taste :o, my goal this weekend is to taste turnips :D

David75
Fri, 01-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Well, I didn't like turnips till some years ago. After all as a child/teen/student my aim was more to fill my tumy than reat properly or have interrest for taste.

That's only when I started receiving an income with money left that I started to go to restaurants and care about taste, quality and so on.

Then turnips started to get attention from me. They are easy to prepare and their peculiar taste makes wonderful contrasts in a dish and in daily eating routine.

And the similarities with radishes comes from the fact they are from the same familly, even though there are lots of varieties of radishes and turnips.

If anyone is interrested in vegetables, try the ones that can be eaten when the vegetable is still young, like baby carrots/turnips/leeks and so on. Most of them can be eaten without cooking, just some peeling and at times just after whashing them.

I love young leeks with "vinaigrette" when they are just a little warm.
You can do the same with asparaguses.
Add to that very young potatoes and a bit of shallots, and you have yourself a very nice and easy dish.

Sometimes people critizise vegetables and cooking because it takes too much time, but really when used to it there are lots of dishes you can prepare in less than 10 minutes... and you don't even need to be precise with the cooking for the results to be ok, your steam cooker or oven does the job for you...

Compared to processed food, I loose like 5 minutes... because most of the time you have to defrost them first. And at times you even have to make mixes and adding sauces... with a time nearing the one of preparing your own food with better ingredients and very nice result

The Heretic Azazel
Fri, 01-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Turnips taste more like soft broccoli. I like them.

Paper
Well, I didn't like turnips till some years ago. After all as a child/teen/student my aim was more to fill my tumy than reat properly or have interrest for taste.

That's only when I started receiving an income with money left that I started to go to restaurants and care about taste, quality and so on.

When I was younger child/teen/student I didn't appreciate the quality of food, Now that I’m older it feels like I”m actually tasting for the first time. It's kind of weird but usually when your younger we don't appreciate the little things until we get older thus using the experience we acquire

Animeniax
I tried cooking something for my family and behold, my latest creations:

Weird Chicken Teriyaki

It tasted good, despite what it looks like. The sauce and flavor was a little too powerful, but we enjoyed it.

Attempted Lo Mein

The seasoning was okay, but was far too weak compared to other Lo Mein made by professionals. We ran out of Soy Sauce, so it didn't taste too good, but was still enough to make us full. :p
Wow, those dishes look amazing. You've got some cooking talent, as far as appearance of the dish anyway. If I've learned anything from the Iron Chef on Food Network, making your food look good is half the battle.

KitKat
Fri, 01-23-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm starting to learn more about cooking, although I still don't like it very much. I'll take an oven over a stove any day. And speaking of baking, I whipped up some pumpkin pie last night. Only took me about 5 minutes to make, and then about a half hour of baking time. I usually guesstimate the measurements of my ingredients rather than hunting around to find my measuring cups.

I didn't take pictures, but I'll give you guys the recipe!

2 eggs
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1 1/2 cups cooked pumpkin
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1/2 cup cereal cream or evaporated milk

Combine all ingredients in the blender. Makes enough for one pie. Pour into pie shell and bake at 450 for 10 minutes, and turn heat down to 350 and bake until filling is set.

I substituted acorn squash for the pumpkin (as a side note, a lot of the time squash makes a tastier pumpkin pie than actual pumpkin) and substituted buttermilk instead of milk, and it was great.

Deadfire
Fri, 01-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Mini-pizza, as it seems I need to save money for....things.

Nadouku
Sat, 01-24-2009, 09:27 PM
These pictures have been removed.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 01-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Wow, that looks tasty. Pricey too, but tasty :o

I went out on a buffet to celebrate a relative's birthday a day ago. No pictures, but I had lots.

Some of the stuff I ate included:

Fried seafood platter, Thai salad, olives, medium-rare T-bone, Taco, Prawn salad, Pesto Alfredo and Bolognaise pasta, Garden Veg soup......

I was stuffed after that.

Still, it didn't compare to the one I had in Hong Kong though.

itadakimasu
Tue, 01-27-2009, 01:56 PM
I just ate a chicken burrito from chipotle... 1000 calories never tasted so good. It seemed like the burrito was smaller than how I remember, since I don't frequent fast food locations.

XanBcoo
Tue, 01-27-2009, 02:25 PM
I just ate a chicken burrito from chipotle... 1000 calories never tasted so good. It seemed like the burrito was smaller than how I remember, since I don't frequent fast food locations.
I'm glad you said that because the last couple times I went to Chipotle I was sure the burritos were smaller than they were about 2 or 3 years ago. No one else believed me and they pulled that "well maybe you're just getting bigger!" nonsense.

Seriously though, they're at least a couple of inches shorter than they used to be.

Nadouku
Tue, 01-27-2009, 06:08 PM

Buffalobiian
Wed, 01-28-2009, 03:01 AM
Post a picture of yourself when the winter's over Nad. I bet you would've picked up a few pounds with all this good food around.

I went out today and had Chai Tea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chai_tea). Had no idea what it was until I saw it today. It's interesting, so to speak. The flavour's not strong, but distinct enough I guess. To me, it tasted like a blend between milk tea and porridge (minus to oat bits).

Not bad, but not great IMO. I still like coffee better.

Animeniax
Wed, 01-28-2009, 05:58 AM
Post a picture of yourself when the winter's over Nad. I bet you would've picked up a few pounds with all this good food around.
Skinny people can eat so much food and not gain a pound or kilo of weight. Their metabolism is in overdrive so it burns all those calories like nothing.

I'm kind of in a routine as far as meals since I'm trying to lose fat and gain muscle (before a beach trip in April). Had oatmeal with vanilla protein powder for lunch again for the 10th day straight.

Had General Tso's chicken for dinner a couple nights ago. It was upscale restaurant quality, which is amazing considering it's made en masse in a cafeteria.

Nadouku
Wed, 01-28-2009, 10:09 AM

Me? Get fat? :o

I exercise daily to keep my grams down, but you are right, I must watch my weight carefully. My metabolism is decent, but certainly not as fast as others. I'm just gonna eat some daily nutritions today, which includes Sunny Delight and Cereal.

XanBcoo
Wed, 01-28-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm kind of in a routine as far as meals since I'm trying to lose fat and gain muscle (before a beach trip in April). Had oatmeal with vanilla protein powder for lunch again for the 10th day straight.
Glad to see you're making an effort. I hope you see some results.

darkshadow
Wed, 01-28-2009, 01:06 PM
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/6797/omelettecs0.jpg

Nothing special, but it was good =).

Nadouku
Sun, 02-01-2009, 11:04 AM

Psyke
Sun, 02-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Nadouku's pictures all look so good.... I'm getting hungry just looking at them. :p

Marik
Sun, 02-01-2009, 11:32 AM
I agree with Psyke. They all look really good, like they were professionally made.

Psyke
Sun, 02-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Yeah it must either be a talent in culinary or photography skills eh Nadouku. :)

Nadouku
Sun, 02-01-2009, 11:53 AM
I didn't help make any of them, though. I did help bring out plates and other crafts. :p

Most of it were people bringing in other assets and we just brought them together into a huge pile for picture taking. There was more than that, however.

Animeniax
Sun, 02-01-2009, 12:01 PM
At dinner 30 minutes ago I ate a big plate of spaghetti with meat sauce, similar to the spaghetti lunch that anyone from the US would remember having back in high school. Even after the first bite, when I realized it didn't taste very good (normally it does), I also knew that I'd clean off the plate anyway because I hate to waste food.

I also had jalapenos poppers and mozzarella sticks (provided for pre-Super Bowl celebration), to total 1000 calories for dinner alone. I just did 100 push-ups and some core exercises, but I go to bed in 2 hours, so most of dinner will turn to fat around my belly :(.

XanBcoo
Sun, 02-01-2009, 12:08 PM
At dinner 30 minutes ago I ate a big plate of spaghetti with meat sauce, similar to the spaghetti lunch that anyone from the US would remember having back in high school. Even after the first bite, when I realized it didn't taste very good (normally it does), I also knew that I'd clean off the plate anyway because I hate to waste food.

I also had jalapenos poppers and mozzarella sticks (provided for pre-Super Bowl celebration), to total 1000 calories for dinner alone. I just did 100 push-ups and some core exercises, but I go to bed in 2 hours, so most of dinner will turn to fat around my belly :(.
Honestly, spaghetti and mozeralla sticks before bed is insanely fattening. Doing a bunch of pushups is not going to help very much. You probably know this, I just felt like confirming.

You want to try and have protein, fats, or simple carbs before bed. Chicken, eggs, natural peanut butter, fruit, milk.

Animeniax
Sun, 02-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Honestly, spaghetti and mozeralla sticks before bed is insanely fattening. Doing a bunch of pushups is not going to help very much. You probably know this, I just felt like confirming.

You want to try and have protein, fats, or simple carbs before bed. Chicken, eggs, natural peanut butter, fruit, milk.
Yeah I realized it was a mistake, but I've been bored lately and delicious food is the only thing I have to look forward to. Sadly the spaghetti wasn't even tasty, and I wolfed down the sticks and poppers on the way to the car.

I've been calorie counting, and today I had 2500 including the dinner. Typically I'm right around 2000 a day, which I think is just right for a moderately active 155lb-er. Of course, that's without really examining the types of calories I'm eating.

KrayZ33
Mon, 02-02-2009, 06:11 AM
It doesn't matter at what time you eat... if you haven't eaten enough over the day and feel really hungry at night it's ok to eat, as long as you stay in your calorie-range you can gain/lose/keep weight.. even if you only eat in the evening...

Even after the first bite, when I realized it didn't taste very good (normally it does), I also knew that I'd clean off the plate anyway because I hate to waste food.

I know how you feel... you probably had to clean of your plate when you were a child because your mom told you to do so, it's proven that children who had to eat up will do so later too, even though they aren't that hungry.

My mom always questioned me why she was cooking when I wasn't eating it and as a consequence most of the time, I ate everything because I felt bad for her :/

btw:http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1336/rouladehw2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I had this yesterday.. and it's one of my favorite meals

and just a moment ago
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9354/2428298075c9a93b9320aa8.th.jpg (http://img80.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2428298075c9a93b9320aa8.jpg)

David75
Mon, 02-02-2009, 10:27 AM
Boiled Witloof, lamb meat, small portion of spaghetti and fruits for lunch.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 02-07-2009, 11:30 AM
I ate ~600g-800g of Creamy Chicken & Mushroom pasta tonight. It's amazing how suddenly it went from "This tastes awesome" to "No more. Please." It happened around the 60% mark.

At around 75%, I had to take a break for a minute or two. Stomach raised the white flag. Brain, wanting to finish it all however, lied to Stomach, and told it that every bite tasted great and to keep eating. It was surprisingly effective for a short while. Soon enough, Stomach learned of the truth, and threatened to decorate the car if any more food goes down. Brain, being the logical one, gives up on finishing the tray.

It still pains me to waste food, but since it'll taste so bad as it goes down, anything that would have been eaten might as well be thrown out. At least it'll save you the health side effects.

Animeniax
Sat, 02-07-2009, 11:38 AM
No option for a leftover box? If it's as good as it sounds, I'd have taken leftovers for next meal.

In that book I'm reading "The Omnivore's Dilemma", he writes that human biology tricks the body into eating more than it needs, in case of future starvation periods. It's a relic from our species' hunter/gatherer days when food was scarce at times and you didn't know when you'd eat next. If you sit down in front of a large portion, you're going to eat as much as possible until your stomach tells you that you have to stop or else.

I had oatmeal and vanilla protein at lunch for something like the 20th day straight. I actually like it so much now that I'd miss it if I skipped a day.

Nadouku
Tue, 02-10-2009, 12:38 AM

animus
Tue, 02-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Did you eat Vietnamese? In Vietnamese restaurants they serve their spring rolls with a type of fish sauce that usually has carrots in it. Though the sauce looks different, and the spring rolls don't look the same either.

Animeniax
Tue, 02-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Those are more often called "summer rolls" when they're fried like that, though I've seen them on menus labeled as spring rolls, along with the non-fried spring rolls that are served with the peanut hoisin sauce with the nuts and carrot bits in it. I prefer the non-fried spring rolls, but both are delicious.

Nadouku
Tue, 02-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Did you eat Vietnamese? In Vietnamese restaurants they serve their spring rolls with a type of fish sauce that usually has carrots in it. Though the sauce looks different, and the spring rolls don't look the same either.

Yea, it was a Chinese/Japanese/Vietnamese restaurant, but this is a first that I've heard of Spring Rolls. Guess I missed out on something delicious. :p

Animeniax
Wed, 02-11-2009, 11:07 AM
Not everyone likes the spring rolls unless it comes with the peanut sauce. It's weird, but both spring and summer rolls don't taste that good with out the accompanying sauce. In the case of those summer rolls, they're kind of bland without the "nuoc mum" (the salty fish sauce).

This was my dinner tonight, though usually it's what I have for lunch:
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2103/img3176dl9.th.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img3176dl9.jpg)

It's Quaker whole oats in vanilla protein mix. Delicious! Reminds me of the goop the Matrix crew ate on the Nebuchadnezzar. Notice the stirring spoon, the soup gets pretty hot after I nuke it for 2 minutes.

Kraco
Wed, 02-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Looks about as delicious as the soup in Bad Taste. Though the colour component is missing.

Animeniax
Wed, 02-11-2009, 01:00 PM
It really is quite good, but the taste owes to the vanilla protein powder. Oats by themselves in water tasted too bland. Vanilla has always been my favorite flavor.

animus
Wed, 02-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Eating Double-Sauteed/Cooked Pork over Rice. It's probably my favorite Chinese restaurant dish, though I do really also enjoy the Mayonnaise Shrimp with Candied Walnuts (or it's other name variations) from Cantonese restaurants.

LaZie
Wed, 02-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Honey-Walnut Prawns? Delicious! :)

Buffalobiian
Wed, 02-11-2009, 06:01 PM
Is there much difference between Chinese spring rolls and Vietnamese fried spring rolls? (I'm assuming this is what you're talking about?). I haven't had these for a long time, so I can't remember.

I remember summer rolls though. At first I wondered why people forgot to fry them. But they went down pretty well anyway, so I didn't tell them about it :p

Nadouku
Fri, 02-20-2009, 03:48 PM

animus
Sat, 02-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Do your buddies find you weird for always taking a pic of your meals? haha

Nadouku
Sat, 02-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Do your buddies find you weird for always taking a pic of your meals?

They don't mind at all. The only time they mind is when they're eating and I take a picture of them stuffing their faces off. They'll get used to it sooner or later.

itadakimasu
Mon, 03-30-2009, 04:35 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e383/bbaucom/sushi.jpg

Sorry it's not hi-def.

Nadouku
Mon, 03-30-2009, 04:39 PM
May I ask: what is that? It looks like rice with meat fillings.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 03-30-2009, 06:28 PM
May I ask: what is that? It looks like rice with meat fillings.

That's sushi. The filling's wrapped in kelp, then rice, and sprinkled with black sesame(? - not sure about that last one).

I can make out avocado, chicken, carrot and possibly beef. Did I get them all?:)

itadakimasu
Thu, 04-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Actually the orangish color is salmon. We had salmon, tuna(cooked) and crab w\ cucumber, cream cheese, and celery. My wife and I ate them all : )

I'm not big on questionable sushi. we went to this sushi place one time and some of them were in a cone, like an ice cream cone lol.... we were like, um... how do you eat this?

Buffalobiian
Thu, 04-02-2009, 07:02 PM
They seem to be the new fad of sushi going around. Too bad they haven't hit here yet though. I wanted to give them a try after I saw them on TV.

Ryllharu
Thu, 04-02-2009, 07:22 PM
So many people eat classy food like sushi all the time according to this thread...

- Salami sandwich on flatbread with horseradish and ketchup.

I feel like such a philistine. :(

Assertn
Thu, 04-02-2009, 07:35 PM
chicken sushi? lol...

Current favorite are Burbank Rolls
(crab, avocado, and shrimp tempura)

I seriously eat japanese food like, twice a week. Too good

Nadouku
Thu, 04-02-2009, 09:37 PM

itadakimasu
Thu, 04-02-2009, 10:10 PM
i bought this oscar meyer ham at the store last week because it was on sale... it tastes like bologna.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 05-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Was half an hour late for a lecture this morning, so I sat down for Subway Breakfast instead.

Foot-long Sub: Parmesan&Oregano bread(Toasted) / Steak&Egg + Mozzarella / Tomato & Onion / Avocado / Sweet Onion sauce.

Would have taken a picture, but eating it took priority. Tasty :)

bagandscalpel
Fri, 05-08-2009, 12:27 AM
What constitutes a quick, homemade lunch for me is a package of pot-boiled ramen with a side of sunnyside-up eggs fried in sesame oil.

I tried out this new brand of ramen: Nong Shim's Shin Ramyun. The first bite was a delight. The broth had a great taste with a substantial kick, while I was amazed by how packaged noodles could achieve that perfect level of tenderness.

The conclusion? The rest of the pot continually scalded my tongue and throat, even though it was well cooled. The next few hours were spent experiencing a mass of blazing hellfire boil through my stomach lining and finally re-tasting it through my ass as the flavor left the system. But hey, the noodles were delicious.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 05-08-2009, 01:54 AM
Shin Ramyun

Is that the Korean one that's in red&black packaging, with some writing/designs in yellow&white? The noodles, if I remember correctly, come in a bit circular slab aye?

They are indeed quite hot ;) And yummy. The flavour's not that special, but the "bounciness" of the noodles if they're cooked right is of pretty high quality.

poopdeville
Fri, 05-08-2009, 02:29 AM
Peanut butter and plum preserves sandwich, a handful of salsa verde Doritos, and a small glass of Safeway brand grape soda.

Cal_kashi
Sat, 05-09-2009, 07:53 AM
This week I had to eat poor, and eat ALOT of food. So Every day has pretty much been like this.
Oatmeal and espresso in the morning.
Get to work, protein bar and hot chocolate.
After class a peanut butter and jelly sandwich,
For lunch Pasta, chicken and broccoli (eaten all day) about 400-500 cal/hr.
Banana before ride home.
Protein shake, protein bar, and Pasta/chicken/broccoli for dinner.
5000-6000 calories/day.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 05-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Cookie&Cream Ice Cream...

~I was made for love'n you, baby..........:cool:

lilphatboi88
Sun, 05-17-2009, 12:54 AM
organic nuts.

also, back to the korean noodles. I think the neoguri ones are better.

Nadouku
Sun, 05-17-2009, 01:38 AM
No pictures this time, but I managed to grab some of that "Cake de Princesse" from my local bakery shop. Vanilla and strawberry outlining is all I can say for this delicious delicacy. It was used to celebrate my mom's birthday.

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-19-2009, 01:45 PM
The Black Bean Brownies I made this morning. It's kind of a strange taste at first, but they are ultra-rich. One is almost too much without a glass of milk.

No flour in them at all, and it uses agave nectar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agave_nectar) instead of sugar.

Recipe (http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/amazing-black-bean-brownies-recipe.html) if you want to try them out (provided you can find the agave nectar).

Kraco
Tue, 05-19-2009, 03:09 PM
(provided you can find the agave nectar).

Hmm... The Black Bean Brownies look rather interesting (despite the fact reading an American recipe is a real pain for me), but I'm rather skeptical about finding something like agave nectar here. Though I can't say I'd have ever tried to locate something like that, so you never know.

I haven't actually ever made brownies. I have always liked them when offered elsewhere but since I dislike coffee, and they always contain it, there has existed a certain psychological barrier. But seeing how I bake rather regularly, I reckon I must rip down that barrier one day.

Ryllharu
Tue, 05-19-2009, 03:41 PM
Yeah, sorry about the English units. I forgot how much of the forums are not ignorant, standards-backward heathens.

113 g unsweetened chocolate
236 ml unsalted butter (two sticks)
473 ml canned black beans, drained well
236 ml walnuts, chopped
14 ml vanilla extract
59 ml instant coffee
1.25 ml sea salt
4 large eggs
354 ml agave nectar (you can substitute honey if you can't find the nectar)

edit: Please pardon my crude conversions.

Nadouku
Tue, 05-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Ooohhh, I'll keep this recipe in mind!

Kraco
Wed, 05-20-2009, 10:34 AM
354 ml agave nectar (you can substitute honey if you can't find the nectar)

Aha! I actually found Agave nectar at the one place I imagined might have it in this city: A higher class department store. I suppose one of those small tree hugger / ethnic shops might have had it as well, but I didn't check them out. Bloody expensive stuff. I didn't buy it yet, because I wanted to check some hypermarkets (didn't have it, as expected), and I also don't know when I'm going to bake the stuff. I'd rather make it when I have a chance to offer it to meaningful people.

Xelbair
Mon, 05-25-2009, 01:57 PM
chicken breast's with soy sauce(dark one mixed with normal, 2:1 approx) + ginger - fry it then lower the temperature to make sauce - with rice.

and i'm drinking Corona right now. best drink ever.

The Heretic Azazel
Mon, 05-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Black beans, cream cheese, salsa, corn, onion and chicken are currently kicking it in my crock pot.

Delicious

Animeniax
Mon, 05-25-2009, 10:42 PM
and i'm drinking Corona right now. best drink ever.

I only recently discovered the deliciousness that is Corona when I went to Mexico. Best tasting beer ever.

Nadouku
Fri, 05-29-2009, 08:35 PM
I had some Salami this afternoon. The taste wasn't quite right, but it was decent enough.

Nadouku
Thu, 06-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Do you guys like Cheesecake? With Strawberries? 'Cause I do! :p

Buffalobiian
Thu, 06-11-2009, 11:43 PM
I do like cheesecake. Don't think I've tried a strawberry combination though.

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/79/p5240411z.jpg

Meanwhile, I'm snacking on these goodies as I study (or should be)......

LaZie
Fri, 06-12-2009, 04:35 AM
http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/vv215/Takchiki/CheesecakewithStrawberries.jpg

Do you guys like Cheesecake? With Strawberries? 'Cause I do! :p
*Raises both hands*

itadakimasu
Fri, 06-12-2009, 01:52 PM
I like how Nad always has these perfect looking hi-def pictures of their meals.

I just had a chipotle burrito and a monster m-80 for lunch... pleasantly adding around 1200 calories to my days diet :)

some guy came up to me when i was getting gas / buying monster and demo'd this car wash in a bottle stuff on my car... it was amazing but I didn't have $10 to spend on it. where he sprayed it on my window, you could rub your hand across it and it would be perfectly seethrough without even a mark.

Nadouku
Fri, 06-12-2009, 03:42 PM
I give my thanks to my Wal-Mart Photo Center. They can make my "normal" pictures into High Definition in no time, at no extra cost! :p

Animeniax
Sat, 06-13-2009, 09:01 PM
Had barbequed steak (was one grade lower than ribeye and was slightly overcooked), smoked fish (basically steamed/broiled), barbequed chicken, and grilled veggies (mushrooms, yellow squash, and cherry tomatoes) with a bottle of Heineken. Delicious. My gut is about to explode from all the food.

XanBcoo
Mon, 06-15-2009, 03:07 PM
I give my thanks to my Wal-Mart Photo Center. They can make my "normal" pictures into High Definition in no time, at no extra cost! :p
You should get a job in advertising as a photographer. Any fast food place could use your skills.
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/817/fastfoody.th.jpg (http://img230.imageshack.us/i/fastfoody.jpg/)

TheBladeChild
Mon, 06-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Hotpockets...fuck ya

Nadouku
Mon, 06-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Haha, I'm laughing at the Arby's Beef 'n' Cheddar picture. How advertising can go so wrong.

Animeniax
Mon, 06-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Arby's always has the worst advertising-to-reality ratio of any fast food place I've seen. But surprisingly, the food tastes as good as it looks in the picture. I guess you have to close your eyes when eating.

Nadouku
Wed, 07-08-2009, 12:26 PM
I've been dipping my Vanilla Crackers into milk for great taste in the morning. But the main course came when I had a red lobster for lunch. The taste was savory. :p

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 07-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Homemade steak tacos with avocado and red cabbage.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 07-10-2009, 03:07 PM
I had some home-made pizza this week, everything was hand made, the dough, the sauce and everything but the cheese.
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/1046/p7080056.th.jpg (http://img36.imageshack.us/i/p7080056.jpg/)

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4504/p7080057.th.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/i/p7080057.jpg/)

it was such a bad pizza that I'd leave the house, if I wasn't the one who made it.

samsonlonghair
Fri, 07-10-2009, 03:21 PM
That's pretty funny.
I'm currently eating frozen Reese's Peanut butter Cups. Damn these things are good frozen.

Edit:typo

Assassin
Fri, 07-10-2009, 07:52 PM
the mary browns chicken burger which i had yesterday is by far the best chicken burger i've ever eaten (on this continent...it actually reminded me of a burger i used to have as a kid which is why i liked it so much)

Assertn
Sat, 07-11-2009, 07:15 PM
here's my current favorite sandwich combo:

multi-grain wheat bread
sliced oven-roasted turkey
swiss cheese
spinach
honey dijon
hard-boiled egg

So good.......

Animeniax
Sat, 07-11-2009, 07:55 PM
I can feel it clogging your arteries right now...

For dinner (and leftover for lunch tomorrow) I had honey-orange salmon, tuna steaks, grilled chicken, and roasted vegetables on the barbecue smoker, with a bottle of Shiner Bohemian.Black Lager.

Ryllharu
Sun, 09-06-2009, 10:14 AM
I made a hamburger steak from some leftover burgers.

Burgers (makes 4):
1 lb (2kg) 90/10 ground beef
Half of white onion
One clove garlic
a coule squirts of Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper

Grilled in whatever manner you like, I usually use 85/15 meat, so these were a little dry.

Then for the sauce on top (1 serving), I didn't really measure, so estimates:
3-4 tablespoons ketchup
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon tabasco sauce
1/4 teaspoon dried basil

Slathered thickly across the top of the burger, it had a really pleasant kick right in the back of your throat at the end of each bite. Chips (potato crisps) on the side.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-06-2009, 10:21 AM
My saliva glands were happily pumping away when I finished reading that. Might try it in the near future, though I'll have to work out what 85/15 means. (meat/fat ratio?)

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-06-2009, 10:27 AM
I made menchi (minced) katsudon.

It is usually simply the normal tonkatsu used for katsudon, but in an attempt to impress my friends (which I believe succeeded), I decided to try using ground pork for the "tonakatsu" in the katsudon.

Strange enough, I found it a little bland but everyone else liked it. Maybe it was because I skimped on the sauce for my own serving because I wanted everyone else (around 6 people) to have as much of the sauce as possible.

The minced meat katsu worked great though, since it does not require one to bite into the meat. Tender meat (like black pig from Japan) is great for tonkatsu, but I can't really get it here. The menchi katsu was a great substitute.

It was much better on the katsu sandwich I made the day after though.

I realize now that I am fantastic at making dishes found in anime (curry, nikujaga, tonkatsu, katsudon, napolitan pasta, okonomiyaki, hamburg etc.), and that made me laugh.

EDIT: for hamburg (Japanese style burger steak) sauce, the easiest but really tasty shortcut is to use equal amounts of ketchup and Worcestershire sauce for the burger sauce. It is extremely easy, but a great sauce nonetheless.

The Heretic Azazel
Sun, 09-06-2009, 10:30 AM
85/15 is lean to fat ratio, usually labeled lean beef at the store. It's good for chili, spaghetti, whatever dish that doesn't revolve around the meat itself, but for hamburgers you can't go wrong with 80/20 chuck.

Animeniax
Sun, 09-06-2009, 12:55 PM
EDIT: for hamburg (Japanese style burger steak) sauce, the easiest but really tasty shortcut is to use equal amounts of ketchup and Worcestershire sauce for the burger sauce. It is extremely easy, but a great sauce nonetheless.

I think that's the Bulldog sauce that they sell. It's very popular in Japan.

http://www.soya-japan.gr/food/sauce/bulldog.jpg

shinta|hikari
Sun, 09-06-2009, 11:12 PM
It is similar, but has a bit more zip. I think it is closest to the left bottle on that picture, since that is Japanese Worcestershire sauce. The tonkatsu sauce on the right is quite different though, since it is made from apples.

Animeniax
Sun, 09-13-2009, 04:14 PM
3 of my last 5 meals have been spaghetti with meat sauce and this:

https://mobilegrocerydelivery.com/products/18683.jpg

This is the most amazing pasta sauce ever. It's like creamy marinara, but tastier. It has some tangy-ness maybe from the vodka or whatever makes it vodka sauce, but it is freaking excellent. I added ground beef, shrimp, and a can of diced fire-roasted tomatoes. The sauce was excellent by itself too, like a soup.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 09-13-2009, 05:32 PM
I've never tried that sauce before, but my experiences with the brand have been excellent too.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 09-15-2009, 02:02 AM
Vanilla ice cream served on a bed of crushed, chocolate cookies. :)

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Red Bean (paste) + Vanilla Ice Cream + Milk (optional)

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6763/pa190479.jpg
w/o milk

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/3566/pa200482.jpg
w/ milk

The pictures don't look very appetizing, but it's good ;)

Google doesn't do much better. I found something that looks worse, even suggestive. :S It's here (http://steventan.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/food_fonglye_iced_red_bean.jpg) if you really want to see it.

Anyway, the ice cream chills the red bean paste and gives it a creamy texture. Milk(little) is optional. It adds more fluid to the mix, but the interesting thing is that the water component freezes on contact with the ice-cream, forming something similar to crushed ice, and gives it all a bit more bite.

The Heretic Azazel
Tue, 10-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Sick.

I'm eating chicken chasseur, recipe as follows

* 8 slices bacon, finely chopped
* vegetable oil
* 6 chicken breast halves (10-12 oz. each or 12 thighs at 6-8 oz. each)
* salt and pepper
* 1 1/4 lbs cremini mushrooms, quartered
* 1 red onion, chopped
* 4 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
* 2 tablespoons tomato paste
* 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes, drained
* 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
* 1/4 ounce dried porcini mushrooms, rinsed thoroughly and finely chopped
* 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced (or 1 t. dried)
* 2 bay leaves
* 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
* 1/4 cup flour
* 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced

Directions

1. Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Add bbacon to the crockpot. Reserve the bacon fat separately. You should have at least 2 T. If not, use vegetable oil for the missing fat.

2. Dry chicken with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper. Add 2 t. bacon fat to the skillet. Heat over medium-high heat until just smoking. Brown half of the chicken on both sides, about 10 minutes. Put in the crockpot. (Remove the browned skin if using thighs.) Return the skillet to medium high heat and repeat with 2 more teaspoons of fat and the rest of the chicken. Discard any fat left in the skillet.

3. Add the remaining 2 t. fat to empty skillet. Heat over medium heat until shimmering. Add cremini's, red onion and 1/4 teaspoons salt. Cook until mushroom are brown, 10-15 minutes. Stir in the garlic. Cook for 15 seconds. Stir in wine and tomato paste, scraping up any browned bits. Simmer until the wine has reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Put in crockpot.

4. Add tomatoes, 1.5 cups broth, porcini's, thyme, bay leaves and red pepper flakes to crockpot. Cover and cook on low until chicken is tender, about 4 hours.

5. Transfer chicken to large serving dish. Tent loosely with foil.

6. Discard bay leaves. Set the crockpot to high. Whisk flour with remaining 1/2 cup broth until smooth. Stir into crockpot. Cover and continue to cook until sauce is thickened and no longer tastes of flour, 15 to 30 minutes longer.

7. Stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon vegetables and some of the sauce over the chicken. Serve, passing the remaining sauce separately.

The fresher the thyme the better, it really makes the whole dish pop. I only used button mushrooms, I would feel bad paying more than 4 dollars for mushrooms, but I'm sure they're worth it. Don't forget the rice!

rockmanj
Wed, 10-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Well, since being a vegetarian for a while, it gets difficult finding tasty food, but I think I have been doing ok, although I kind of cheated today by having Korean cold noodles (b/c it uses a beef broth). It was still very tasty.

Also, not a big Corona fan; I love Asahi Prime Time, Hooegarden, and Little Kings.

Animeniax
Wed, 10-21-2009, 04:13 PM
My favorite beer is San Miguel Extra from the Philippines. I was a Corona fan and an Asahi extra dry fan, but San Miguel puts both to shame.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 10-21-2009, 08:19 PM
You should try San Miguel Red Horse beer from the Philippines. It tastes awful, but has one hell of a kick. Interestingly, I don't think the alcohol content is written on the bottle.

Animeniax
Wed, 10-21-2009, 10:33 PM
I wonder if that is even available here in the US, as it has to be imported. It's hard enough to find the San Miguel extra regular beer.

I don't like beers at all really so I doubt I'd like a nasty tasting beer like this Red Horse, but it's one of my "a man would" things. Like "a man would" drive a truck. "A man would" own a dog, not a cat. "A man would" own a gun. "A man would" drink beer, not wine coolers. So I'm 4 for 4 of these requirements for being a man.

samsonlonghair
Wed, 10-21-2009, 10:43 PM
it's one of my "a man would" things. Like "a man would" drive a truck. "A man would" own a dog, not a cat. "A man would" own a gun. "A man would" drink beer, not wine coolers. So I'm 4 for 4 of these requirements for being a man.
I say beer is for chaser. A man would drink liquor.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 10-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Yeah, that is what I do from time to time. Brandy, then beer.

I own a cat, I drive a car, and I don't own a gun though, so that still makes me less than half a man, according to Animeniax's standards.

rockmanj
Thu, 10-22-2009, 02:45 PM
My favorite beer is San Miguel Extra from the Philippines. I was a Corona fan and an Asahi extra dry fan, but San Miguel puts both to shame.

Hell yea, especially in the Phillipines. Its so much sweeter when it costs like 75 cents and its fresh from the brewery...Oh man, I used to have those for breakfast. However, outside of the P.I., it does not have that same refreshment factor.

Animeniax
Thu, 10-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Hell yea, especially in the Phillipines. Its so much sweeter when it costs like 75 cents and its fresh from the brewery...Oh man, I used to have those for breakfast. However, outside of the P.I., it does not have that same refreshment factor.
I have to visit the Philippines sometime. The American dollar has a lot of pull there. And the idea of fresh San Miguel is making my mouth parched right now. I need a beer.

Sapphire
Fri, 10-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Shrimp. (http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7632/102309182200.jpg) .

darkshadow
Fri, 10-23-2009, 05:47 PM
That looks better then I expected, nice job dressing it up. But does it taste as good as it looks?

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Is that spicy? Got to get myself some breakfast now...

Animeniax
Sun, 10-25-2009, 12:27 PM
This was my lunch today, poison in dumpling form:

http://forums.gotwoot.net/gallery/files/1/0/8/7/0/DSC00184.JPG

Jman
Thu, 03-04-2010, 08:57 AM
MMmm...so good.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/animem/16968_552965820063_16201937_3227593.jpg

itadakimasu
Thu, 03-04-2010, 10:38 AM
That looks good jman!

I always bring some kind of bar to snack on between breakfast and lunch. I just ate this Kelloggs 'fiber plus chew bar' which is basically a rice crispy treat w\ chocolate masquerading as a "healthy" snack.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 03-04-2010, 03:57 PM
We went out for a birthday dinner 2 nights ago. The dish that consists of Peking duck skin, cucumber, sauce and pancake wrap was heaven.

Easily one of the tastiest dishes I've ever had.

fahoumh
Sat, 03-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Right now I'm eating a candied apple. I swear it's been close to 20 years since I've had one. Wow...I suddenly feel very old.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 03-11-2010, 07:00 AM
I just had 1KG of udon for dinner. It looks like I've got a football in my stomach.:o

shinta|hikari
Thu, 03-11-2010, 07:34 PM
I had purple yam pudding for dessert last night. It was awesome.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g310/shinta617/IMG_2796.jpg

It is basically mashed purple yam slowly cooked with condensed milk, coconut milk, butter and sugar. Yes, it is a purple mass of unhealthiness.

Animeniax
Thu, 03-11-2010, 07:59 PM
Is that some sort of Chinese dessert or some other country?

Buffalobiian
Thu, 03-11-2010, 08:17 PM
The ingredients make me think of this Malaysian desert I've had. It was green and white.

shinta|hikari
Thu, 03-11-2010, 09:27 PM
It is called "ube halaya", and it is a Philippine dessert. Much like 94% of Philippine cuisine, it is quite bad for one's health. It was also tough to make. It took an hour of constant stirring during the cooking process to get it to thicken like a jam.