PDA

View Full Version : Gundam 00 Season 2 Episode 01

Illrenmazou
Sun, 10-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Direct Download , gg-BSS (http://gundam.eu/[gg-BSS]_Gundam_00_S2_-_01_[09833422].mkv)
Torrent, gg-BSS (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5Bgg-BSS%5D_Gundam_00_S2_-_01_%5B44C8CD36%5D.mkv.torrent)
Funny, although GG is in the label, they said they won't sub 00.
Edit: forgot that gg is a bunch of trolls. haha

As for the episode, it really blew me away. My only gripe is that Terminexia didn't mange to to destroy at least one of the A-Laws MS. What did Livonze do to Loiuse? She's like the Stellar of 00 in the episode.
I guess the giant Gundam head on Seravee's Back is just a decoration, like the Nadleeh Awkos (http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7498/28771956419b2e6c6c49btr0.jpg). It's better that way than having a Gundam Megazord.
It's also nice to see Ali using his upgraded Zwei in the new OP

Kraco
Sun, 10-05-2008, 02:16 PM
A good episode. Very nice action indeed and lots of new toys. And a totally ruthless regime.

Who was the guy shown just before the ED, though? Other than that, since Ali was my favorite character of the first season, shouldn't he be fighting for the rebellion, against the Arrows? That would give as many chances for a risky fight as possible, which should be his motivation for living. It would also be kind of funny if Setsuna suddenly noticed Ali was his comrade. A lot better setting than have him fight for the boring federation just so that he could face Setsuna.

Illrenmazou
Sun, 10-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Who was the guy shown just before the ED?
You mean the guy who's in a straight jacket in a dark room? That's Allelujah.

Yukimura
Sun, 10-05-2008, 02:50 PM
OMG Evil Tachikomas! Anyway, nice opening episode, got me right back into Gundam fanboy mode.

Exia did pretty well for a damaged, 5 year old model in a Gundam timeline (compare Strike Gundam in Destiny getting completely pummeled by suits only a year and a half newer than it). The parallelism in this season seems like it's shifting from from Wing to Zeta and I can't say I'm all that displeased since Zeta was pretty entertaining. I'm sure the AEUG/Celestial Being and Karaba/Kataron (wow at least change the name better...) will beat the pants of those dastardly Titans/A-LAWS, until someone who's been hanging around Jupiter for a while shows up and stirs things up a bit with some real GN drives. My money is on Libbons being the reincarnation of Paptimus Scirocco

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-05-2008, 03:35 PM
No HD? :(

Edit: wait, S2, not SD, my bad.

*downloads*

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-05-2008, 03:48 PM
I really enjoyed how much shifting of forces took place during the last five years.

- I went into this pretty blind, so I really have no idea who the A-LAWS or Kataron are, but it is very interesting to see Louise with a new hand on one side, given where Saji has now ended up just because he was friendly with some random guy. I wonder exactly how much Libbons has done to her. The Tieria lookalike woman with her at the end of last season is apparently part of Libbons' harem, so I wonder how far he helped her beyond giving Louise a new hand. It should be interesting to see what she does becoming a newbie pilot.

- Shirin being a leader or at least high ranking officer in the Kataron. We had always suspected that she could have been part of something else, but for her to be in an organization that can more or less be called terrorists was very intriguing.

- Soma (ever my favorite) in what appeared to have been a long off-duty rotation, now much older and notably more feminine, heading towards what looked like a very happy life with Sergei. Soma always seems to get the short end of the stick, called back to duty after she might finally be gaining some semblance of a normal life.

- Feldt, older as well, and very happy to see so many of her comrades safe.

- Tieria, not a woman as we all expected him to be, still pilotting a fatty Gundam.

I liked the way they did age progression on most of the characters. It looks well done.

Kraco
Sun, 10-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Soma looked damn hot. 'nuff said.

Louise seemed to do little else than hyperventilate (unless her mecha had a broken air supply). She's clearly badly cracked in the head. I wonder if she's fated to die instead of getting saved by Saji. Although I suppose the end of the series could present Saji pushing her around in a wheelchair.

NeoBear
Sun, 10-05-2008, 04:40 PM

Louise seemed to do little else than hyperventilate (unless her mecha had a broken air supply). She's clearly badly cracked in the head. I wonder if she's fated to die instead of getting saved by Saji. Although I suppose the end of the series could present Saji pushing her around in a wheelchair.

bro are you serious nobody ever dies in Gundam

in fact did anybody actually die i know its been almost a year but as far as i can see the whole cast is more or less here + a few new faces did anybody actually die?

and i mean really die we need like a head count or something

Harima Kenji
Sun, 10-05-2008, 04:51 PM
I think Louise will be the dramatic death of this series.

The Lockon thing has been solved now, it's Lyle, Neil's dead.
Good for an intro ep. Wondering what is going on with Allelujah.. maybe Yallelujah's been born :p

animus
Sun, 10-05-2008, 07:36 PM
A lot of headscratchers in this one. Not sure what I can say.

Wren
Sun, 10-05-2008, 08:30 PM
seems ali is in the ending theme in one of the A-LAWS suits probably as a merc again

LaZie
Sun, 10-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Lets see...

-Sergei wants to adopt Soma
-I wonder what Setsuna has been doing these past 5 years?

animus
Sun, 10-05-2008, 10:33 PM
I was under the assumption that he wanted to get in her pants.

LaZie
Sun, 10-05-2008, 10:34 PM
I was under the assumption that he wanted to get in her pants.

Well I guess you could say that too. :p

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-06-2008, 01:06 AM

+9000

I was under the assumption that he wanted to get in her pants

I thought he proposed to her too. Damn you old geezer! :mad:

I'm personally rather surprised. Setsuna, being the cub of the Meisters, and the one always rushing off only to have his ass saved, performed armed interventions with Exia for 4 years without repairs. Seems to me Lockon's death finally kicked some sense into him. Not everyone will be around to save your hide like that.

Louise and Saji were both in the same boat. Both saw Celestial Being as terrorists, and both lost something valuable to them. Only now one's opening his mind up to accept the bigger picture, while the other's screwed in the head, and probably brainwashed. I'll suspect a little cyborg implant too, the way Libbons is monitoring everything.

ED shows Allelujah using both eyes, which is a bad sign that Hallelujah is gone for good. I liked that guy, so it's a bit of a pity really.

Overall, a good intro that lays out the setting for us. Just hope Sergie keeps his hands off Soma :(

----------------------------------
Edit: now that I think of it, Sergei doesn't seem like that type of guy. Looking at the OP sequence (Yes, they played the OP at the end this episode), and the introduction of Sergei's son, it looks like the proposal was between the two young ones. Soon enough, Soma will lean towards Allelujah, but torn between her role as a solder and Allelujah's as a Meister.

I'm liking the much tighter plot of the new season, and it'd be great if they can keep it up.

Kraco
Mon, 10-06-2008, 02:57 AM
seems ali is in the ending theme in one of the A-LAWS suits probably as a merc again

Yeah. I missed him the first time through. Let's hope he's indeed still a merc because I can't imagine him taking orders from some stiff totalitarian military for too long. It would break his image.

Ryllharu
Mon, 10-06-2008, 03:59 AM
The more I think about it, the more interesting the Saji/Louise dichotomy becomes.

Last season, we had two peace loving civilians, neither of which would ever think of violent acts. Both condemned violence, both were horrified during the terrorist actions, and for a while, both were deeply hurt and again equally horrified at how the Trinities hurt Louise's family.

In the present, the two have grown so much further apart without realizing it. While it is true that Louise could barely handle combat, she was "just being given a taste," anyway. This was her first combat action. We just witnessed Louise killing someone for the first time. Wasn't Louise also studying for creating robots and other space things at Saji's University? I wouldn't be all that surprised if the new killer tachikomas are hers.

Saji on the other hand, was only in the wrong place at the wrong time. He never supported terrorism, he just got dragged along. He even had his chance to kill Setsuna, and take direct revenge on the person he believes responsible for all the hardship in his life. But what does he say to Tieria? Paraphrasing, "I would make me no different from you." Saji hasn't compromised his ideals, at least not yet.

The two went to space to be closer to each other, but in the end, the two different methods only have driven them that much further apart.

What makes the whole situation even more delicious is who Louise is most likely working for. Ribbons. Who did we already know works with Ribbons at the end of the first season , confirmed once more here? Wang Liu Mei, who in turn hired...Nena Trinity to work for her. Louise is now the ally of the very person who did this all to her.

EDIT:

Edit: now that I think of it, Sergei doesn't seem like that type of guy. Looking at the OP sequence (Yes, they played the OP at the end this episode), and the introduction of Sergei's son, it looks like the proposal was between the two young ones. Soon enough, Soma will lean towards Allelujah, but torn between her role as a solder and Allelujah's as a Meister. Soma seemed very surprised that the two were father and son. I have my doubts that any relationship was in the works between the son and Soma. One may grow if Sergei dies with Soma and Andrei working together, but it was my understanding that Sergei himself proposed to Soma.

The OP shows Andrei looking at Louise in a corridor, I think it is more likely those two become involved. While Soma appears on the screen in between Andrei and Sergei, but she is definitely looking at Sergei when she fades toward the camera with a sad look on her face.

The OP shows a lot of dead people, people we actually had proof of their deaths (like Christina and the other cyborg guy). I think it might be too early to write Ali back into the show.

Harima Kenji
Mon, 10-06-2008, 05:39 AM
Is it me, or does it look like Christina and Licht are older in the OP?

About Louise, I think Ribbons sort of blackmailed her.. in return for regenerating her hand she must work for him. When she saw Exia, the color of her eyes changed.. so I guess they enhanced her or something. They also give the idea that Ribbons can see through Louise's eyes or something. My guess is that Ribbons really messed Louise up.

About Sergei and Soma, I think it's more about an adoption or something.

Kraco
Mon, 10-06-2008, 06:35 AM
Wasn't Louise also studying for creating robots and other space things at Saji's University? I wouldn't be all that surprised if the new killer tachikomas are hers.

While that would be kind of ironic, can you honestly look at the wreck of a human she has become and imagine her designing anything more fancy than her own breakfast? The other pilot was totally right when wondering why she even is allowed to pilot. Must be only due to Ribbons's sick sense of humour, or some hidden purpose like a remote control device implanted into her brain.

TheBladeChild
Mon, 10-06-2008, 09:46 AM
Soma seemed very surprised that the two were father and son. I have my doubts that any relationship was in the works between the son and Soma. One may grow if Sergei dies with Soma and Andrei working together, but it was my understanding that Sergei himself proposed to Soma.

Though iv never liked the idea that the main char has to have a love interest, if the whole SomaXSergei thing is true, then it makes the SetsunaXMarina thing much more plausible. I kinda like the prospect of Setsuna and Marina together. They didnt need to communicate much throughout season 1 to have a stong connection together and from opening theme it seems like their relationship will be a lot more important this time around. Also havent you guys forgotten that Allelujah apparently might have known Soma in her past?. If thats true we might have a possible third candidate for Soma, but then again I know this is a bit of a stretch.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Though iv never liked the idea that the main char has to have a love interest, if the whole SomaXSergei thing is true, then it makes the SetsunaXMarina thing much more plausible. I kinda like the prospect of Setsuna and Marina together. They didnt need to communicate much throughout season 1 to have a stong connection together and from opening theme it seems like their relationship will be a lot more important this time around. Also havent you guys forgotten that Allelujah apparently might have known Soma in her past?. If thats true we might have a possible third candidate for Soma, but then again I know this is a bit of a stretch.

Allelujah's definitely pursuing her. Whether she remembers him or not's another thing. Last season, the scientist fellow hid the fact that he knew who Allelujah was. Sergei found out, and Soma called him by his subject name before, E52 or something? Question is now if she read the whole file, or just heard about him as some terrorist who's a SuperSoldier reject.

Also, whether she remembers the name Marie. The Super Human project fucked Allelujah up pretty bad, so there's not telling what Soma may have been through.

animus
Mon, 10-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Is the ending sequence actually an ED? It seems too much like an OP. Anyways, is that Graham fighting Setsuna in the ED(?) without a mask on? And what's with his current get up? Some type of chinese threads.

TheBladeChild
Mon, 10-06-2008, 10:01 AM
I think he isnt wearing a mask, looking back on it i think he has a burn mark from the last battle with Setsuna at the end of season 1, lol finally a legitimate reason for the masked person of this gundam series to actually wear a mask.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Is the ending sequence actually an ED? It seems too much like an OP.

You're correct. That's the OP they had at the end there.

Next week should be back to Intro->OP->Ep->ED->Preview

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 10-06-2008, 10:30 AM
In the ED( OP ) you can see Graham fight Setsuna WITH his mask on. The lower piece is just missing but you can still clearly see the upper piece. Either that or his burn mark is shaped like his mask xD

animus
Mon, 10-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Oh, on closer inspection it is the mask. I thought it was his face cause I thought it was the shadow from his helmet.

Ryllharu
Mon, 10-06-2008, 03:43 PM
While that would be kind of ironic, can you honestly look at the wreck of a human she has become and imagine her designing anything more fancy than her own breakfast? The other pilot was totally right when wondering why she even is allowed to pilot. Must be only due to Ribbons's sick sense of humour, or some hidden purpose like a remote control device implanted into her brain.
Anger can accomplish a lot of things (Lesson #2 of things learned from anime*). I know it is a shot in the dark (it was probably Ribbons who designed them if he gave Louise a cyborg prosthesis too), but look to Code Geass season 1, where Nina built a nuke, albeit non-functional. They probably sent her up there because she asked. Ribbons being the know it all that he is, anticipated that Kataron would be involved in this incident, and hopefully Celestial Being as well. He wasn't surprised at all they showed up.

And it is almost certainly a cyborg prosthesis, not a regenerated arm. Last season when Saji asked about the subject, the nurses told him there was some unknown radiation preventing them from using regeneration technology on Louise's hand. Saji figured it out pretty quickly that this was caused by the GN particle radiation. Louise's stump had all kinds of frazzled DNA.

*using one's "guts" to accomplish anything being #1

Gunslinger_BlaQ
Mon, 10-06-2008, 03:43 PM
fire up them archives, folks.

Conclave-Mendoi subs of S02E01 are up!

http://bt.mymenclave.com/

Harima Kenji
Mon, 10-06-2008, 07:03 PM
I love the GN-karaoke :)

Gunslinger_BlaQ
Mon, 10-06-2008, 10:56 PM
I actually really like how Graham looks in the OP/ED shot...

His helmet has red "horns" on the forehead. The blackish helmet with red forehead adornment looks a lot like Zabine Chareux's helmet in F-91.

Also nice to see that Ali's still too awesome to wear anything other than his non-standard red flight suit... and he's grown his goatee back.

Though, with Louise piloting a GNX, does this mean that Saji will, at some point, end up being an MS pilot of some sort? Will he ever find out that it was, in fact, Ali that killed his sister?

I'm just brimming with anticipation here.

Board of Command
Mon, 10-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Graham has the ugliest mask ever.

Psyke
Tue, 10-07-2008, 03:55 AM
I think he isnt wearing a mask, looking back on it i think he has a burn mark from the last battle with Setsuna at the end of season 1, lol finally a legitimate reason for the masked person of this gundam series to actually wear a mask.

Char, Schwarz Bruder, Zechs, Rau and Muu wore masks because they had to hide the fact that they were all bishounen (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishounen).

kenren
Tue, 10-07-2008, 04:43 AM
I was little confused at first but it was good in the end. The purple hair guy with Ribbons in the scene looks like Tiera o_O.

rockmanj
Tue, 10-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Don't think that's a guy...

masamuneehs
Tue, 10-07-2008, 12:09 PM
i don't think Tieria's a guy either. and i don't think the lookalike is a girl. seeing as how it was heavily hinted at in this episode that Tieria doesn't age (Ribbons too then, most likely), it's also very likely that he's not of either gender. you don't need to make a robot a guy or a girl.

i was a little lost as to why Shirin and her new buddy Claus expressed surprise at the fact that a Gundam would show up at Proud for the rescue operation, since Tieria was going there all along. I suppose they were surprised about Setsuna, not him...

Oh Louise, not only are you connected to Ribbons' brain somehow, but you're still an annoyance to watch, and you make angsty-Saji, which is equally annoying to watch. Sigh...

So Ribbons has a connection with Louise, who is in A-LAWs (probably as a spy for him?), and he's meeting with Wang Liu Mei, who helped orchestrate the Karaba rescue operation. Basically, she helped stage a prison break to provide cover/chaos so they could test out those new unmanned robots. That's my take. This makes me smell some rehashed Gundam Wing war ethics a la 'the mobile doll system' slant.

I like that they have Sergei's son come in, and I do think that Sergei had popped the question to Soma. Not telling her about his blood offspring, however, might not have been a good idea. And Ali and Graham, yay!

it was a pretty good episode, i thought. a little disjointed and they threw tons of new characters and factions at you without much regard for our brains, but the action was good and the characters seem to have grown quite a bit. i'm particularly happy with how Setsuna turned out.

i don't really watch this show out of interest in the love interests. if anything, i sorta like Sergei and Soma, but that's about it. some of the stuff with the two minor characters who i felt sure were dead in last season was good for dramatic touch (as was Feldt and Lockon) but I really can't say I care much about who ends up with who. Setsuna and Marina are a pretty good pair, but Setsuna keeps the yaoi fangirls scribbling away with his inflamed thoughts about Lockon and his desires...

if there's no Hallelujah in this second season I'm gonna rape a baby

TheBladeChild
Wed, 10-08-2008, 05:58 AM
Graham has the ugliest mask ever.

Reminds me of those ancient Japanese masks that samurais wear with battle armor

Thats foul masa just foul...:(

DeathscytheVII
Fri, 10-10-2008, 01:54 AM
Interesting, never thought i'd see Stellar (louise) again, only this time with no crazy knife skills or fighting skills...just more drugs.

And I do seriously hope Graham isn't planning on keeping that mask on for long...at least switch it. I also question his motives for joining a totalitarian regime. I thought the Union was a democracy in that universe?

Kraco
Fri, 10-10-2008, 02:22 AM
I thought the Union was a democracy in that universe?

I think the Union and AEU are still democracies but they have just handed military power over to the Federation. Seems quite unlikely they would have willingly become dictatorships under the rule of Ribbons. Though considering what kind of a douche Ribbons is, no doubt the A-LAWS exists to somehow make him the ruler of the whole planet.

ChaosK
Sat, 10-11-2008, 01:01 AM

Extreme split personalities isn't something you can get rid of that easily. Since we saw Allelujah, I'd say Hallelujah is back.

Also, along with the masked man we have a pill popper/someone with a terminal disease in Lousie. Woo! That's how you know they're putting a lot of resources into Gundam 00. They didn't try to cut the corners by making the masked man and the pill popper the same person like they did in seed. :D

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-11-2008, 06:30 AM
Extreme split personalities isn't something you can get rid of that easily. Since we saw Allelujah, I'd say Hallelujah is back.

Ah, but one of the key aspects is already gone: alternate eyes.

The fact that we see him with both strongly suggests that he's recovered from his condition. Moreover, he did suffer a head injury in S1. But I'm all for hoping Hallelujah comes back. By far my favourite character since Lockon.

Harima Kenji
Sat, 10-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Ah, but one of the key aspects is already gone: alternate eyes.

The fact that we see him with both strongly suggests that he's recovered from his condition. Moreover, he did suffer a head injury in S1. But I'm all for hoping Hallelujah comes back. By far my favourite character since Lockon.
In the OP of S2 you can see Allelujah with 2 eye colors, so that suggests Hallelujah is back as well.

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-11-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm not sure the OP is something we really want to rely upon for information on what will happen. I noticed that it uses a lot of footage from the first series or it recreates direct scenes from it that are slightly more stylized. Last seasons two OPs didn't show much of an accurate depiction either.

For instance, I do not recall the Gundam Meistars fighting the Trinity's in front of the moon. Celestial Being didn't fight the Trinity's on any serious level much at all in fact.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-11-2008, 07:26 PM
In the OP of S2 you can see Allelujah with 2 eye colors, so that suggests Hallelujah is back as well.

That's what I meant. He's using both now, rather than alternating. The message that sent me was he's either going to constantly talk to himself for 25 eps, or he's lost Hallelujah, so now using both eyes doesn't do anything special.

He's still going to have dichromatic eyes. It was symbolic for his split personality, but it's physical to begin with. His mind doesn't actually affect it.

Death13a
Sat, 10-11-2008, 08:41 PM
As far as judging from ED it looks like Louse will become Ali's student.

Kraco
Sun, 10-12-2008, 02:35 AM
As far as judging from ED it looks like Louse will become Ali's student.

Haha. He would be the best teacher. After all, he made Setsuna what he is now. It would also allow Ribbons to keep an eye on Ali as that man surely isn't the most trustworthy one around. But with Ali as her teacher, she would be able to kill even Saji without a blink of an eye.

Dark Dragon
Sun, 10-12-2008, 02:57 AM
Haha. He would be the best teacher. After all, he made Setsuna what he is now. It would also allow Ribbons to keep an eye on Ali as that man surely isn't the most trustworthy one around. But with Ali as her teacher, she would be able to kill even Saji without a blink of an eye.

I was curious as to which route Saji would take. At first i thought he would become a competent pilot due to his desire for revenge against the Gundams while Louise will be the one to help him get back on the right path. After the first episode though, it was pretty much the complete opposite of what i was expecting, the scenes at the end shows that Saji is still a very rational human being despite all the crap he went through.

The way things are presented so far it seems like Saji motivation to become a competent mobile suit pilot will be from his desire to rescue Louise from Ribbons if the story head toward that route.

Pure2500
Sun, 10-12-2008, 03:27 AM
just finished episode 2
bloody good episode!
nice action!

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Update: gg has dropped Gundam.

Current quality subber lineup: Menclave, BSS, Shinsen (descending order).

animus
Sun, 10-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Are you sure it's not some troll?

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Are you sure it's not some troll?

Check out their site under "mini-project"

http://www.ggkthx.org/

Then look here under Gundam 00 S2. These guys haven't been wrong as long as I can remember.

http://www.fansubwiki.com/Who_Subs_What:_FALL_2008

animus
Sun, 10-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Tales of the Abyss: This project was picked up entirely so koda wouldn't play WoW, yet, she's still playing WoW. (Also, fuck Gundam 00, this is clearly the superior Sunrise show.)

The comment in parenthesis, sounds like a troll to me.

Oh well, stuck to waiting for Shinsen for speed I guess, and archiving Menclave when they release each episode 2 weeks after other groups.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-12-2008, 12:19 PM
It may well be a troll, so I really don't care right now neither. I've had good experiences with BSS, so unless someone tells me they've missed something moderate/major that Menclave picked up on, I see them as a good compromise. Of course, that is assuming they kept up their speed with gg and Shinsen.

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-12-2008, 12:27 PM
BSS will probably be the fastest subber, but I wouldn't call them speed-subbers. Their work on Gurren Lagann was very good, and the finish work they've done on ARIA was also of considerable quality.

I trust their translations more than I trust Insert-Swears-Everywhere Shinsen.

gg just trolls all the time, I really wouldn't bet on anything they say. Their actions are the only thing to trust.

masamuneehs
Mon, 10-13-2008, 04:30 AM
I'm not sure the OP is something we really want to rely upon for information on what will happen. I noticed that it uses a lot of footage from the first series or it recreates direct scenes from it that are slightly more stylized. Last seasons two OPs didn't show much of an accurate depiction either.

i disagree, but you're right that we didn't get too much info out of the OPs or EDs last season (but still, there's a good bit in there). The re-used footage is probably budget laziness, since Sunrise always puts shit tons of spoilers and hints in their OPs.

Still, I think looking at the OP is a better way of gleaming the future than just random guessing. I've always thought that they give too many hints in them... so i try not to pay too much attention...