PDA

View Full Version : Akane Iro ni Somaru Saka

Ryllharu
Sun, 10-05-2008, 09:12 AM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9537/moe202817220sampleci0.jpg
Image courtesy of moe.imouto
This is the new love-comedy series for the season. However, from the look of the first episode, in a refreshing change of pace, there's quite a bit more comedy than romance.

[Synopsis is a bit spoilerish of the first episode, but as this is also the set-up of the entire situation, I have little choice. Read at your own risk.]

A fairly standard plot device begins the series. Junichi Nagase, known as the Geno Killer due to a series of ever-increasing rumors about him, protects a cute girl on the street being harassed by two other students. Both of them leave the encounter not knowing each other's names but wondering about the other. So in perfect love-comedy form, the girl, who's name is Yuuhi Katagiri, becomes a transfer student the very next day. Following a series of misunderstandings by other classmates, Yuuhi and Jun are suspected of becoming an item. In a glaring moment of excessively poor judgment, Jun kisses Yuuhi, and she responds violently. Later that night, she shows up at the house Jun shares with his sister, declaring him to be her fiancee.

[end spoilers]

A pretty funny episode, and I was surprised to not only see more humor than anything in this episode, but a very impressive cast as well. Rie Kugumiya not using her standard Louise/Shana-tsundere voice, but rather the one I can only describe as her "gentle voice," and rarely used in most of her roles. Hatano Wataru (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu) as Jun, Inoue Marina (Minami-ke, Gurren Lagann) and Ishida Akira (Slayers, Mai-Hime) as Jun's friends, Aya Hirano as Jun's sister, Katou Emiri (Soul Eater, Lucky Star) as the excessively rich, class-rep like character, and Rie Tanaka sneaking in as an almost revoltingly cute class president.

There also appears to be an odd spy sub-plot to the series. I'll leave the speculation to you for now.

First episode out by Eclipse
Akasaka eps 01 (h264) (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2001%20(1024x576%20h264)%20%5b39920E63%5d.mkv.tor rent)
Akasaka eps 01 (xvid) (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2001%20(XviD)%20%5bB384EF28%5d.avi.torrent)

Xelbair
Sun, 10-05-2008, 04:09 PM
I just finished watching first EP - it hooked me up to this series. another one on my list to watch, well i dont have anything to add - i complelty agree with post above

Board of Command
Sun, 10-05-2008, 07:01 PM
A very promising first episode with a very high caliber cast.

narutosharingan
Sun, 10-05-2008, 11:03 PM
That was a pretty fun first episode. I'm looking forward to the rest of this. Does anyone know how long this is supposed to be?

Yukimura
Mon, 10-06-2008, 12:52 AM
Loved it, Myself; Yourself character design with better animation, excellent VA's, Top Class immouto and a wrathful loli who's not your typical wrathful loli. This show seems stocked up and ready for great comedy.

Dark Dragon
Mon, 10-06-2008, 01:39 AM
Loved it, Myself; Yourself character design with better animation, excellent VA's, Top Clas immouto and a wrathful loli who's not your typical wrathful loli. This show seems stocked up and ready for great comedy.

Minus the creepy School Days vibes that made me not enjoy Myself, Yourself. No psychotic bitches in my romance comedy thank you very much.

TheBladeChild
Mon, 10-06-2008, 10:06 AM
The sister makes think of Nanoha of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha. It didnt seem that great to me, but ill give it a few more episodes.

Btw, does anyone think that the person who was rescued in the beginning is Yuuhi's father? Because you see someone who I assume is her dad in the preview, even though its only a back of the head shot. So does that mean that the fathers made a agreement to have their children marry?

Kraco
Mon, 10-06-2008, 10:29 AM
I was thinking when I saw the ep that the rescued man indeed was Yuuhi's father and as thanks for rescuing him, he gave the spies, in this theory Geno Killer's parents, his daughter (and half of the kingdom). It seems like a nice theory for sure...

Kraco
Sat, 10-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Fathers' agreement:

Episode 2 HQ - Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2002%20(1024x576%20h264)%20%5b62233B5A%5d.mkv.tor rent)
Episode 2 SD - Eclipse (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2002%20(XviD)%20%5b48B5FFB3%5d.avi.torrent)

- - - - - -

Looks like the obvious guess was correct. And the target of such an agreement isn't too happy. Naturally the dude isn't quite as sorry. One thing the arm lock scene made me wonder, though, is how the dude seemed to lack martial arts skills yet the sister, judging by her words, possessed them. It's a bit strange if Geno Killer is the weakest of those three. Actually it would piss me off if such a thing was the case.

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-11-2008, 05:08 PM
I thought it was interesting how close Minato and Yuuhi have become in such a short time. I've seen a shallower version of the concept in other series, but this one comes off different. Minato is pretty thoroughly on Yuuhi's side, even with the slight brother complex she seems to have.

There were also a lot of very quick moments where they hint at deeper things. Minato's rather extensive knowledge of armlocks, "I've already mastered that move." is her answer? The flash of panic that crossed Minato's face when Yuuhi jokingly stated that they do't seem like brother and sister at all, and her absurdly keen sense of observation.

The look of panic seems to illustrate that we may soon have a growing love triangle, or perhaps a development where Minato is left to decide whether she cherishes being a happy family, or fulfilling a potentially deeper relationship more.

I don't think that Jun will turn out to be the weakest of the three. Perhaps Minato exceeds him (if anything, I would think Jun is the biological outsider of that family) but she hinted that the time where Jun was left all by himself was an unpleasant time for him, and he lashed out, creating the legend around him. His friends don't actually seem to know definitively about his past, they just enjoyed spreading the rumors.

Then we even have the "class rep" girl, Ayanokouji Karen, who has been rather insistent with Yuuhi about her relationship with Jun. I thought about it a little in the previous episode, but with her asking once more about the two of them, I am beginning to wonder if she is interested in Jun as well. Perhaps she's just too "proper" to have shown any interest in him before, but she's become more active about it since Yuuhi suddenly became so close.

animus
Sat, 10-11-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm getting tired of hearing Kugimiya Rie's voice. I've been hearing her in a lot of anime recently, and like 3 anime's this season.

Board of Command
Sun, 10-12-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm getting tired of hearing Kugimiya Rie's voice. I've been hearing her in a lot of anime recently, and like 3 anime's this season.
Yeah, it's like she has been casted in every series for the past year or so.

Dark Dragon
Sun, 10-12-2008, 01:28 AM
From this season alone Rie Kugimiya is is cast in Toradora, Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka and Rosario + Vampire 2. Pretty soon she'll appear in Gundam 00 too as Neena.

edit: i checked again and she also has a supporting role in Linebarrels of Iron.

Board of Command
Sun, 10-12-2008, 01:43 AM
She also just finished Zero no Tsukaima and Mnemosyne.

Oh, and Nabari no Ou is still running.

animus
Sun, 10-12-2008, 08:40 AM
And she's cast in this season's Kemeko-DX

Marik
Sun, 10-19-2008, 02:23 PM
[Eclipse] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 03 (XviD) [B95961AA].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2003%20%28XviD%29%20%5bB95961AA%5d.avi.torrent)

[Eclipse] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 03 (1024x576 h264) [7737CC4E].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2003%20%281024x576%20h264%29%20%5b7737CC4E%5d.mkv .torrent)

animus
Sun, 10-19-2008, 10:12 PM
This show sucks.

Kraco
Mon, 10-20-2008, 02:54 PM
It did look better in the beginning than what it has already become by now. It's a bit stale, as if it had so soon lost its way and is not quite sure what to do with itself. But I guess I'll still watch at least the next ep to see some fanservice.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-23-2008, 08:47 PM
[Nipponsei] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka OP Single - Hatsukoi Parachute [Hashimoto Miyuki].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20OP%20Single%20-%20Hatsukoi%20Parachute%20%5BHashimoto%20Miyuki%5D .zip.torrent)

Board of Command
Thu, 10-23-2008, 11:44 PM
This show sucks.
Yeah. Suspended until further notice.

Marik
Sat, 10-25-2008, 12:27 PM
[Eclipse] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 04 (1024x576 h264) [3BBC2EEC].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2004%20%281024x576%20h264%29%20%5b3BBC2EEC%5d.mkv .torrent)

[Eclipse] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 04 (XviD) [14CE044A].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2004%20%28XviD%29%20%5b14CE044A%5d.avi.torrent)

Kraco
Sat, 10-25-2008, 04:58 PM
This Rie Kugimiya series has so far been far better than Toradora. The plot items are sometimes so ridiculous (intentionally and not) you can't help but laugh at them. It's kind of refreshing to watch a series like this every now and then. I count the absurd adventures of Junichi's parents into that category, and clearly intentional. I'm no fan of triangles, which makes me a bit sad due to Junichi clearly liking his sister, but I guess I'll just wait and see if that actually starts to interfere in practice.

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-25-2008, 05:40 PM
One has to feel at least a little bit bad for Ayanokouji. She tries so hard, but doesn't seem to have any kind of grasp on how to present herself or entertain others. It almost makes it seem as is she is nouveau riche, but we know from her self introduction that she is from a large consortium just like Yuuhi.

It also appears that the spy/stalker/evil girl has legitimate magical powers. At first I was a little hesitant, but now I'm starting to like how absurd this has gotten so quickly.

There was a great deal of sister-con involved in this episode. I am not certain where I stand on this issue at this time. On the other hand, it is certain that Minato takes after her mother (the international spy). Perhaps her aptitudes and Jun's general lack thereof support the idea that they are not blood relatives.

animus
Sat, 10-25-2008, 08:16 PM
I'll admit, the only reason I'm still watching this is because there's possible wincest.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-25-2008, 10:03 PM
I'm pretty certain all the clues dropped indicate Jun's not a blood descendant of the parents, meaning a sister complex would be biologically sound at least (I'm all for this relationship btw). Minato is the bomb.

(Minato knows this, but I'm not sure if Jun does, despite being the older one)

A tad of sympathy goes to Ayanokouji, but most of mine goes to Mr Octopus. Initially, I thought Plan D was showcasing a giant octopus from the Deep Sea Research facility of the Ayanokouji Group. Seeing the guy put on the costume, I came to a complete understanding for his hesitating >_<".

Tha past 4 episodes, I've been wondering what the parents' adventures have to do with the overall story. My conclusion is: It has nothing to do with the story. And that's fine :D

Best lol points this episode:

"Looks like torpedoes are ineffective....I'm going out *grabs spear gun*"

"Look at those jungle trained skills........There are no tuna in jungles!"

Yukimura
Sat, 10-25-2008, 11:21 PM
I too marveld at the logic that if two high explosive filled warheads couldn't hurt the giant octopus then the next best course of action would be for Papa to go out with a spear.

For me though, the highlight of this episode, much like every other episode of this series, was every scene that involved Minato doing anything. She is such an awesome girl/Imouto I fully support any potential wincest vibes. While I am extremely jealous of the main character guy (I love how his name simply doesn't matter at all) for having the opportunity to be around such an epic level sister I'm also proud of him for so blatantly making the other girls aware of how utterly uninteresting they all are in comparison to Minato.

I really hope they stick with this thread instead of doing the stock "push main towards the completely undeserving Rie Kugimiya-voiced character, leaving the much hotter and much better over all girl to twiddle her thumbs or pine from afar.

narutosharingan
Tue, 10-28-2008, 12:21 AM
I wonder if any of it will come to fruition, and if it does, where it leaves Yuuhi. And yes, poor Ayanokouji, but her lack of understanding makes it all the more funny.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-28-2008, 01:33 AM
I think they'll either leave it open ended like Macross Frontier, or Yuuhi will get the Geno Killer. Unfortunately, she is his official fiance. Still, I'm hoping for some imouto love.

Ryllharu
Sat, 11-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Sis-con, lolicon? Oh, which one will you be Jun?

[Eclipse] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 05 (1024x576 h264) (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2005%20(1024x576%20h264)%20%5bAD033280%5d.mkv.tor rent)
[Eclipse] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 05 (xvid) (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2005%20(XviD)%20%5bCFC502B4%5d.avi.torrent)

Kraco
Sat, 11-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Seems like Yuuhi might be developing into a more reasonable character from now on. I wonder if Minato was honest when she said she's not sure whether she's adapted, or if she was just saying so for Yuuhi's sake. In any case it's obvious she's scared of her own feelings and at least for now seems content to push Jun and Yuuhi together.

Ryllharu
Sat, 11-01-2008, 06:46 PM
I have to say, I'm starting to love Yuuhi's hopelessly excessive overreactions to certain situations. Going that far overboard because someone fell into the water.

Despite Minato jokingly mentioning she might be adopted, given her skills and Jun's apparent lack thereof, I'm still thinking he's the adopted one. I agree that she doesn't really want to get all that close to him (it doesn't seem to be another Crazy-Kaede experience) but she still knows more about him than anyone else by far.

One more thing to note, we finally got a glimpse of the Geno Killer. When Yuuhi was being threatened, Jun's voice dropped half an octave, he got very terse with both Yuuhi and the two men, and he was a little rough with her until she cried out. Jun's childish personality (exacerbated by Minato's babying) was completely gone. While neither Yuuhi or the audience saw his face during that time, it was apparently all the two needed to see to know that Jun was not the person to fuck around with at that time.

animus
Sat, 11-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Hm, it seems like the episodes are alternating between being loli and imouto-centric. Seems to be a Minato episode next. Yay.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-01-2008, 09:40 PM
I have to say, I'm starting to love Yuuhi's hopelessly excessive overreactions to certain situations. Going that far overboard because someone fell into the water.

Normally I'd want to fast forward stuff like this, but that was quite amusing and funny to watch. Now that Yuuhi is finally admitting she likes Junichi (though in the most indirect manner possible), we'll finally see more sides of her other than the bitching one.

Despite Minato jokingly mentioning she might be adopted, given her skills and Jun's apparent lack thereof, I'm still thinking he's the adopted one. I agree that she doesn't really want to get all that close to him (it doesn't seem to be another Crazy-Kaede experience) but she still knows more about him than anyone else by far.

On the contrary, I find it makes perfect sense now. It would have been strange for those parents to raise both children up differently, especially leaving the man at home, and taking the girl, despite Minato's explanations.
Minato really didn't seem like she was joking when she told Yuuhi she's adopted. It was more confession, then a quick "just kidding". The way I see it, Junichi's parents left him at home while they went on their missions(just like they're doing now), during which they adopted a girl who's been living by herself in the jungle.Minato's skills were probably self learned during her early childhood, then refined ,rather than taught by the couple. After all, "if you're not strong, you won't survive."

One more thing to note, we finally got a glimpse of the Geno Killer. When Yuuhi was being threatened, Jun's voice dropped half an octave, he got very terse with both Yuuhi and the two men, and he was a little rough with her until she cried out. Jun's childish personality (exacerbated by Minato's babying) was completely gone. While neither Yuuhi or the audience saw his face during that time, it was apparently all the two needed to see to know that Jun was not the person to fuck around with at that time.

Being brought up by a house maid, Junichi wouldn't have had an especially close relationship with anyone else. Social withdrawal and not knowing how to deal with people lead to the Geno Killer persona. What could have explained a sudden change into a sociable guy? Well, why not a sudden appearance of a sister? A girl who's never had a family and a boy who's never experienced much family love or upbringing would naturally treasure each other as siblings. Furthermore, we've already witnessed Minato's beast taming skills on Junichi. One can only imagine what it took to tame the Geno Killer.

Having never had a family, or had then lost one, Minato would do her best so she can keep her place in the house. She's always the one cleaning the house and taking care of Junichi, earning her place, even if subconsciously. Junichi, on the other hand, would gladly accept any love and care his sister would offer, even if it diminished him into a baby, since he probably never got babied. Not with a father who calls you a man at the age of 4.

David75
Sun, 11-02-2008, 02:54 AM
GenoKiller, we've seen that in first ep right? That's the reason she got attracted to him in the first place...

Ryllharu
Sun, 11-02-2008, 06:13 AM
Not quite. The two guys from another school just recognized him as the Geno Killer, despite his insistence that he was tired of that. He had just asked what they were doing to her.

Here, Jun's personality completely changed. He was nice and gentle to Yuuhi when he saved her in the first episode, here he was not.

Yukimura
Mon, 11-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Minato forever! Minato already knows exactly how to handle Junichi in every way and is basically fulfilling the role of a traditional wife perfectly. She knows all his quirks and faults and is able to halt or channel their expression and support him in not being a bag of fail.

Yuuhi on the other hand while seeming to mean well doesn't seem to really internalize the lessons that Minato teaches her about Junichi. I guess it could be argued that it's b/c she's a social retard but still, it makes her lose points in my eyes. If I had to marry one of them I'd be all over Minato like white on rice. Dedication and talent deserve recognition far more than infatuation and cute but failed attempts at wifing.

I was somewhat surprised when Junichi took that badass power up and got some bass in his voice. I hope when The Rival and his goon squad shows up later in the series and tries to pick on Junichi for being 'unworthy' of Katagiri we see Geno Killer return.

David75
Mon, 11-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Minato forever! Minato already knows exactly how to handle Junichi in every way and is basically fulfilling the role of what I think would be a traditional wife perfectly. She knows all his quirks and faults and is able to halt or channel their expression and support him in not being a bag of fail. Yuuhi on the other hand while seeming to mean well hasn't seemed to take a single second to try and examine Junichi as a person and figure out how to support him (arguably b/c she's a social retard but still). If I had to marry one of them I'd be all over Minato like white on rice. Dedication and talent deserve recognition far more than infatuation and cute but failed attempts at wifing.

I'd take Minato too, She's also more mature and not underage... Since she's so good at everything she does, she probably knows (or would learn quickly with dedication) how to have fun with a man...

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 11-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Minato all the way. She is like Fubuki only taming Junichi in a more gentle way instead of spiked clubs. Eventhough I am now merely watching the show for the posible wincest I still liked the entire episode. Oh and I say this show needs a lot more Geno Killer.

Marik
Sat, 11-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Akane-iro​_ni​_Somaru​_Saka​_-​_06[h264][848x480][Aero].mkv (http://www.datorrents.com/download/41019-akane-iro-ni-somaru-saka-06-h264-848x480-aero-mkv)

Akane-iro​_ni​_Somaru​_Saka​_-​_06[h264][848x480][Aero].mp4 (http://www.datorrents.com/download/41044-akane-iro-ni-somaru-saka-06-h264-848x480-aero-mp4)

[Eclipse] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 06 (1024x576 h264) [854A7403].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2006%20%281024x576%20h264%29%20%5b854A7403%5d.mkv .torrent)

[Eclipse] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 06 (XviD) [84F64DA4].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2006%20%28XviD%29%20%5b84F64DA4%5d.avi.torrent)

Kraco
Fri, 11-14-2008, 12:20 PM
This episode was seriously lacking in two departments: Realism and fanservice - both very annoying aspects at that. There's no way in hell a healthy high-school guy would have objected that much a mixed bath and considering this was the obligatory onsen episode of this series, I'm amazed at the level of fanservice. Well, I believe lots of sponsors are careful with fanservice in general, but why have an onsen ep in the first place if you are going to show nothing?

The only redeeming scenes where the ones where Junichi was again only looking at his sister, ignoring others, and Minato did nothing but add more fuel into the fire. It's certainly turning out to be an interesting brother-sister relationship.

But Geno Killer needs to grow bigger balls.

David75
Fri, 11-14-2008, 12:34 PM
This episode was seriously lacking in two departments: Realism and fanservice - both very annoying aspects at that. There's no way in hell a healthy high-school guy would have objected that much a mixed bath and considering this was the obligatory onsen episode of this series, I'm amazed at the level of fanservice. Well, I believe lots of sponsors are careful with fanservice in general, but why have an onsen ep in the first place if you are going to show nothing?

The only redeeming scenes where the ones where Junichi was again only looking at his sister, ignoring others, and Minato did nothing but add more fuel into the fire. It's certainly turning out to be an interesting brother-sister relationship.

But Geno Killer needs to grow bigger balls.

It's totally possible.
When I was a student, I applied for a trip from Montreal to Miami. I was with a bunch of student I didn't know in a group knowing themselves.
Arriving at the hotel, the last room and last people to dispatch were myself and 3 very nice female students. I had no girlfriend at the time... but still choosed a solution were I'd be in a single room.

Why that choice? peace of mind... I had already shared a room with females my age, and it's not like porns...:D more like hell, even more when everyone sleeps but you :o

Now you could say it's unrealistic anime-wise ;)

Kraco
Fri, 11-14-2008, 02:15 PM
A bath is a bath and a room for the night is a room for the night, though. The room could be considered something you want to sleep peacefully in to be sharp the next day, but a bath, eh? Besides, Junichi even convinced himself later to climb over the rock and have a look, so he was definitely interested.

Ryllharu
Fri, 11-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Yeah this episode was kind of lacking any main character development...of any kind.

At least Karen got to redeem herself and blushed about it. I suppose she really cares about what her friends think about her and that they are aware she shares her great wealth and privilege with them. Certainly one of the most selfless rich girls I've seen in anime (who is not a main character).

Kraco
Fri, 11-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Certainly one of the most selfless rich girls I've seen in anime (who is not a main character).

Indeed. That fact has had my attention for some time. She's a peculiar character for despite being outwardly and sounding exactly like one of those typical arrogant rich girls, she seems to have no malice. She's just really awkward sometimes, which, I reckon, is a direct result of that conflict in her character.

Marik
Wed, 11-19-2008, 02:32 PM
Akane-iro​_ni​_Somaru​_Saka​_-​_07[h264][848x480][Aero].​mkv (http://www.datorrents.com/download/41268-akane-iro-ni-somaru-saka-07-h264-848x480-aero-mkv)

Akane-iro​_ni​_Somaru​_Saka​_-​_07[h264][848x480][Aero].mp4 (Hardsubbed) (http://www.datorrents.com/download/41274-akane-iro-ni-somaru-saka-07-h264-848x480-aero-mp4)

[Eclipse] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 07 (1024x576 h264) [7A370989].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2007%20(1024x576%20h264)%20%5b7A370989%5d.mkv.tor rent)

[Eclipse] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 07 (XviD) [6A08F3EB].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2007%20(XviD)%20%5b6A08F3EB%5d.avi.torrent)

Xelbair
Thu, 11-20-2008, 06:07 AM
I hope that Karen gets owned really fast by our main heroine. She starts to annoy me greatly.

Yukimura
Thu, 11-20-2008, 11:08 AM
Another fun ep, a decent amount of Nago Nago but not as much Minato as I would have liked and only a usual amount of Katagiri. Tsukasa was strangely endearing this ep but that could just be because I hadn't noticed how 'gifted' she was until this ep.

And did anyone else recognize some of those things 'Genokiller' was saying while he was doing his thing? THey all sounded like things a Gundam/Giant Robot pilot would say but I wasn't sure if they were lifted directly or just playing with the clich&#233;.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 11-21-2008, 11:04 AM
[Eclipse] Episode 7.mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2007%20(1024x576%20h264)%20%5b7A370989%5d.mkv.tor rent)
[Eclipse] Episode 7.avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2007%20(XviD)%20%5b6A08F3EB%5d.avi.torrent)

Edit: Links renamed, thanks to all those who brought it to my attention. (Damn Marik for being so fast :p)

Nadouku
Fri, 11-21-2008, 12:59 PM
I think you mean 7, Bill. :p

Marik
Fri, 11-21-2008, 01:34 PM
I posted those in post #45 (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=407584&postcount=45)

Buffalobiian
Sat, 11-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Another slice of life ep, nothing much to talk about. I loved Minato went "Ooh, Nii-san loves that!", and to be proven minutes later with such enthusiasm. Ayanokouji seemed all too happy to hear that.

Kraco
Sat, 11-22-2008, 04:05 PM
This is a pretty strange series, but somehow it still works. Though I hope Junichi didn't really lose his memories. While anybody sane would have done that only for the sake of theatrics, as such it was indeed quite impressive (despite the failure), and there's no reason to lose his memories. It's not like he was really fighting againts some monsters in a giant mobile suit, after all. It was just the last event of the festival.

A poor panda among the ingredients was quite funny.

Ryllharu
Sat, 11-22-2008, 05:30 PM
I expected this series to fall into the likes of other generic romance-comedy starring Rie Kugumiya, but with this many vapid episodes in a row, I realize now that it falls into a more unique category of romance comedies like Final Approach, Rizelmine, Sumomomo Momomo and Maburaho. Where the premise gets more and more ridiculous as the series goes on and nothing is ever too serious until the end.

It is nice to see this kind of series re-surge amongst the horde of moe-heavy and bland tsundere shows.

Ayanokouji has pretty blatant love for Jun, though no one ever seems to remark on it the same way they've been chiding Yuuhi and Jun (for his sister-complex). No wonder she tries so hard to make everyone like her...

Yukimura
Mon, 11-24-2008, 04:33 PM
Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 08 (h264) - [Aero] (http://www.datorrents.com/download/41348-akane-iro-ni-somaru-saka-08-h264-848x480-aero-mkv/)

Has Tsukasa always been this...gifted?

Edit @ Below indeed it was, I forgot to mention that. It's too bad his chick wasn't there with him.

animus
Mon, 11-24-2008, 07:19 PM
Lol, isn't that the captain of Macross Frontier that Jun's parents are motor boating away to safety from?

Marik
Thu, 11-27-2008, 06:31 PM
[Eclipse] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 08 (1024x576 h264) [65462AD5].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2008%20%281024x576%20h264%29%20%5b65462AD5%5d.mkv .torrent)

[Eclipse] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 08 (XviD) [BD784041].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2008%20%28XviD%29%20%5bBD784041%5d.avi.torrent)

Marik
Thu, 12-04-2008, 09:04 PM
[Eclipse] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 09 (1024x576 h264) [22A08001].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2009%20%281024x576%20h264%29%20%5b22A08001%5d.mkv .torrent)

[Eclipse] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 09 (XviD) [6C066575].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2009%20%28XviD%29%20%5b6C066575%5d.avi.torrent)

Shadow Skill
Fri, 12-05-2008, 12:39 AM
I think Minato is getting jealous. :/

shinta|hikari
Fri, 12-05-2008, 12:49 AM
I hope that the guy dumps the rie kugimiya large version clone and goes with Minato.

David75
Fri, 12-05-2008, 04:21 PM
I was right thinking Minato would be the right "pleasure" sparring partner, when she is prepared to and adult of course...

The only thing wrong is her love for her non blood related brother.

Ryllharu
Fri, 12-05-2008, 04:46 PM
This episode was kind of boring. It made me wonder why I was still watching this show, even with the Minato developments.

On the other hand, I laughed pretty hard at Minato's cake making instructions being in the form of the Sephiroth Scales (http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7336/treesephpp3.gif) (also seen prominently in Evangelion).

Kraco
Fri, 12-05-2008, 04:59 PM
I wonder if those Germanic runes were actually saying anything. It looked, in any case, far too complicated a recipe for a somewhat common looking strawberry cake. Well, not so common looking because Yuuhi sucked, but what obviously should have been common looking.

Minato is certainly becoming far too interested in her brother. Blood related or not, he's still her brother. Nothing good can result from such a relationship.

Yukimura
Fri, 12-05-2008, 06:54 PM
I must disagree with the distinguished gentleman in from Finland. I believe everything good can result from such a relationship. If you look at the Minato-Jun household dynamic she's already essentially his wife anyway. Minato cooks and cleans and knows everything about him and supports him in a firm yet caring way such that he barely even notices but he stays on the right track. What could a girl other than Minato offer that she couldn't?

For her part I think Minato has been recognizing that she enjoys supporting her brother and that she desires his praise of her efforts. She worked hard on that cake recipe so that he would smile at her and say that it was good not just because she wanted to do that for him but also because she wanted to be praised or recognized by him for doing it. In trying to be supportive of Yuuhi, who Jun doesn't even seem to like, Minato basically gave away something she worked hard on and cherished and got nothing in return so I think it's understandable that she's feeling unhappy.

This show reminds me of something I learned in a human sexuality class I once took. We spent a good bit of time looking at how other cultures addressed marriage. In some rural areas of China they essentially do what's been done to Minato and Jun. Parents arrange a marriage between their children then raise the children side by side pretty much like brother and sister, then once they reach the appropriate age they have a shotgun wedding. It was interesting in that they often had to bring the shotgun to the consummation as well since males and females raised in close proximity often develop psychological blocks against viewing their siblings in a sexual manner. Still, the idea behind doing this was to breed a bond between the two from an early age so that being together would seem natural to them. It seems a bit over the top but I can see the logic of it and I think they idea does have some merit.

In this case though I don't think there's anything to worry about. No matter how much better a companion any of the competitors might be for the male lead's attention Rie Kugimiya characters always gets their men. It doesn't matter that Yuuhi doesn't really have anything going for her in terms of relationship material, as long as she tries some she'll automatically beat out any girl who tries AND actually does good job.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 12-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Sad, but true. Rie Kugimiya plus main heroine screentime practically ensures that she gets Jun.

I personally have no qualms about Minato and Jun's relationship, since the only valid reason I have ever recognized against "incest" is that it raises the chance of abnormalities or hereditary illness in their offspring, but since the two are not blood-related, it should be fine.

Nadouku
Fri, 12-05-2008, 09:52 PM
I personally have no qualms about Minato and Jun's relationship, since the only valid reason I have ever recognized against "incest" is that it raises the chance of abnormalities or hereditary illness in their offspring, but since the two are not blood-related, it should be fine.

Hmm, I find adopting a better solution for those type of couple. :p

Buffalobiian
Sat, 12-06-2008, 01:20 AM
I found this episode really funny. JThe over-the-top kind of scenarios make it what it is. I love how Minato knows, acknowledges and embraces everything about Jun, even his Big Breast Blonde Fetish. (I lolled quite hard when she wondered if Jun changed fetishes. So she does keep tabs on his porn :D)

Though what Ryll said was true, that nothing much happened this episode (does anything much happen?), this B'Day ep served as a catalyst for building up our love triangle. Minato should feel more and more reserved about how to help Yuuhi "please" Jun, while Yuuhi will feel her more offensive attitude as a sign of rivalry.

I'm just left wondering why Minato doesn't dye her hair blonde to suit Jun's tastes?

Nadouku
Sat, 12-06-2008, 01:42 AM
I'm just left wondering why Minato doesn't dye her hair blonde to suit Jun's tastes?

Even though she says it, she probably never thought of it herself. Or, she thinks her sizes aren't enough to appeal a man like Jun. :D

David75
Sat, 12-06-2008, 03:39 AM
Minato is a bit like a mother for Jun. And maybe in a way the feeling she gets is that she loses her son...

Regarding sex management, she does just fine. Her attitude is that of a well developped and more mature woman. You usually do not see that before 25 or 30 in women, for those who really don't have problems regarding sex, men, their sexuality and self-esteem.

Kraco
Sat, 12-06-2008, 03:48 AM
I must disagree with the distinguished gentleman in from Finland. I believe everything good can result from such a relationship.

Even I think Minato as a human would be much better for Jun, but since they are officially a brother and a sister, it'd be hard for them to be anything but. They can't get officially married, I reckon, and it would be stressful to live together as lovers when there's always the risk someone would learn the truth.

David75
Sat, 12-06-2008, 06:06 AM
Even I think Minato as a human would be much better for Jun, but since they are officially a brother and a sister, it'd be hard for them to be anything but. They can't get officially married, I reckon, and it would be stressful to live together as lovers when there's always the risk someone would learn the truth.

We do not know their official status yet.
We know they live in the same household and "Mama and Papa" should be the ones in charge.
But who knows, totally reckless as they are, Mama and Papa maybe never officialised anything.
Maybe Minato is even there to protect Jun and as a reward gets to live a housewife like life which is a lot quieter than the life she previously had.

But I guess there's no need to go that far, she's just there to have the "forbidden siblings love". Any other thougts would be a far stretch I guess.

Yukimura
Mon, 12-08-2008, 01:44 PM
What's this sudden taking into account of realism in a romance-comedy anime? I don't think we should have to worry about silly things like the realistic connotations of a MinatoxJun relationship anymore than we needed to worry about how Asuka and Shinji were supposed to repopulate the world. As long as Minato and Jun confessed their love at the end of the series it wouldn't matter if it would never work realistically we'd still get our love story.

Xelbair
Mon, 12-08-2008, 04:31 PM
can anyone send me screenshot of those runes? i can read Futhark(at least one version of it, but there aren't many diffirences) so meybe for once they didint but some random stuff in books/recipes(look at FMA books for example, random text from some books mixed together.).
Series is developing quite nice, this ep was way better than last one. Especially the part 'bout hentai-manga and doujins. Soon we shall see Minato-Jun-"Princess" triangle.

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 12-08-2008, 05:30 PM
This episode was kind of boring. It made me wonder why I was still watching this show, even with the Minato developments.

On the other hand, I laughed pretty hard at Minato's cake making instructions being in the form of the Sephiroth Scales (http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/7336/treesephpp3.gif) (also seen prominently in Evangelion).

There you go Xelbair. Too lazy to read through the posts eh?

Ryllharu
Mon, 12-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Xeblair meant the actual runes in Minato's version. The one I provided is in English already.

Give me a few minutes.

EDIT:

As promised.
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/9609/minatosscalesdh0.th.jpg (http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=minatosscalesdh0.jpg)

NeoCybercoin
Mon, 12-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Woops my bad...ill make it up with the release of ep 10 by Eclipse

Eclipse- Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka 10 h264 (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2010%20(1024x576%20h264)%20%5b35EDA75F%5d.mkv.tor rent)

Eclipse- Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka 10 XviD (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2010%20(XviD)%20%5b0C672040%5d.avi.torrent)

Kraco
Mon, 12-08-2008, 06:11 PM
From what I can see, they are just random letters. My rune reading skills are rusty to say the least, though. 10 years ago I could read them almost as well as our latin alphabets... But that was 10 years ago. Well, they are too short and all of the same length, which was too suspicious anyway.

Ryllharu
Mon, 12-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I'd be interested to see what Minato's Japanese notes say. They'd probably be pretty funny.

Nadouku
Mon, 12-08-2008, 08:10 PM
This episode... is actually one of those times that Jun's friend gave some good advice.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-08-2008, 09:44 PM
This episode... is actually one of those times that Jun's friend gave some good advice.

Yeah. You just have to feel really sorry for Minato, but Jun suddently changing his heart towards her would also be a really cruel thing for Yuuhi, especially now that they've officially started dating.

While Yuuhi's is the sudden, passionate type of love, Minato's is one built slowly over many years of living together. While neither is inherently better in my books, logic will tell you Minato's love built on a much stronger foundation, yet Yuuhi's passionate flame will be growing much stronger while it lasts.

I'm not sure who I'm rooting for anymore. I'm officially in the Minato camp, but only as much as Jun's officially dating Yuuhi.

narutosharingan
Mon, 12-08-2008, 11:08 PM
This certainly has become complicated. Are Minato and Jun blood related? I thought I remembered Minato giving a funny look when Yuuhi mentioned them being related one time.

I feel bad for whoever doesn't get picked, but as Buffalo says, Minato's love has grown over a long period of time. I gotta say that trumps over earlier love. I also wonder if the parents will have anything to say about this (assuming the dad is still alive)

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-08-2008, 11:53 PM
What would they say indeed? After all, they are the ones who are responsible for this predetermined wedding. I guess, to them at least, it'll weigh up between:

how much they like Yuuhi + how much they honour their agreement
vs
how much they love Minato (it's strongly suggested they're not blood relatives. Minato said herself that she's adopted, albeit the "just kidding" right afterwards)

Knowing their dad though, I'm betting it'll come down to "A man walks his own path. Jun is old enough to decide himself!" *goes off to blow up some tanks*

And we'll be back to square one.

Shadow Skill
Tue, 12-09-2008, 08:41 AM
I wonder who Jun will pick. In a sense I'm sort of hoping for Minato... only cause she looked depressed that she's losing Jun and the way she clung on to him at the end of that episode. :/

I'm still all for him and the katagiri gal getting together.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-09-2008, 08:49 AM
I think Ayanokouji deserves some sympathy too. She tries to keep it all bottled up, while her superficial acts are all just to boost her self esteem. She stood no chance, and deep down, she probably knows it.

David75
Tue, 12-09-2008, 09:00 AM
I think Ayanokouji deserves some sympathy too. She tries to keep it all bottled up, while her superficial acts are all just to boost her self esteem. She stood no chance, and deep down, she probably knows it.

Sailor Rich girl loses from the start?
Well yes. Seems like even before the beggining of the show she was already loosing to Minato. And now competition is even more fierce than ever before, while Jun remains totally oblivious to this.

Kraco
Tue, 12-09-2008, 10:03 AM
No matter what Yuki says, I just can't feel like cheering for a sister-brother relationship. I could hardly consider that a happy ending unless they move to some third world country where nobody would know or care to know what their previous relationship was.

Thus this episode was nice enough for me. It also made Yuuhi look a bit more lovable. It's too bad for Minato but the sooner she gets over it, the better. I won't deny it's going to be hard, because she has probably loved her brother in a wrong way for years.

Yukimura
Tue, 12-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Oh the humanity! This episode was hard to watch. First when Katagiri started trying to climb out of the cavernous whole she'd dug herself by bearing all about how she prejudged Jun as someone worth hating, and STILL wishes she could hate him, but doesn't because he's an average person and hating an average people for no reason is fairly difficult for another average person to do. And again when Katagiri, who in my opinion has a very weak personality, finally openly admits she's fallen for Jun. I only think this fall happened because she got to know Jun and he's not a complete asshole. She's already ragged on him for just about every aspect of his personality which leads me to believe that she doesn't approve of him as a person, but since he's a decently nice and caring person and she's such a weak and typical tsundere type girl she fell for him and now apparently wants to be with him despite the fact that they don't seem to mesh with each other at all.

It annoys me thoroughly when these anime girls act like stuck up know-it-alls and denounce (or assault) a guy repeatedly for being himself only to later fall for him, then get forgiven and end up with the guy. Now, I'm all for redemption and learning one's lesson and personal growth, however I hate seeing someone rewarded for starting out mean or arrogant or something negative and then being redeemed while people who were always good people get pushed to the back of the line. I know that this principle happens to be a subtenet of Christianity (unfortunately), but still, it must smart for those people who have consistently tried to be decent having to watch the reformed people reap more short term benefits.

Alright that's enough anti-Katagiri bile, I haven't even started on my pro-Minato rant. Every time they cut to poor Minato during that ep I just wanted to bawl. Some stupid stuck up tsundere just shows up on her doorstep and steals her brother/life partner away without putting in even a hundredth of the effort she has put in over the years to earn his affections. Now I can't blame anyone but Jun for Jun's tastes but damn if it isn't a massively raw deal Minato is getting. As perceptive as she is I think Minato knows Jun has had the hots for her for a while and she has apparently felt similarly for some time as well. However, both have been held back by the potentially false 'incest' taboo which may well have been the only thing standing in their way.

Now there is the issue that they are already like a married couple and probably wouldn't be all that 'romantic' if there were suddenly free to dally to their hearts content. And of course there's the issue of Minato's influence holding Jun back from developing as a person. He doesn't even know where the soap is in his own house, now while that situation is probably most guys' dream it's somewhat unrealistic and at some point he would need to learn to do stuff for himself. With Minato being such a powerful and willing support system it's likely that he would keep relying on her indefinitely as long as nothing interfered with his ability to do so. What Fuyuhiko said will probably resonate with Jun though and I suspect the response will be Jun starting to pull away from Minato's spoiling influence in order to assert his independence and manliness. This should serve to push the odd couple closer together, possibly with Katagiri returning to her unknown rival/mentor to teach her more skills in order for her to replace her (ouch). None of this is looking good for Minato's emotional well being (nice boat?! :eek: ) at this point, but once Jun gives her a doctored up friendship speech she'll probably be instantly cured of all her pent up feelings and maybe even supportive of JunxKatagiri so that the useless pair can live happily ever after and I can go cry over the wrongs done to poor wonderful Minato while looking for doujins.

NeoCybercoin
Tue, 12-09-2008, 05:38 PM
Akane Iro Ni Somaru Saka Mousepads (http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/12/10/akane-iro-ni-somaru-saka-minato-oshiri-pad/)

Damn I suddenly feel like getting a new mousepad....I am liking the Minato one ....:o

Ryllharu
Tue, 12-09-2008, 07:27 PM
No matter what Yuki says, I just can't feel like cheering for a sister-brother relationship. I could hardly consider that a happy ending unless they move to some third world country where nobody would know or care to know what their previous relationship was.
I too have a very powerful stigma against incest endings. It's not that they can't be done nicely (I would almost make an exception for Minato), but they have tended to be abrupt, all the way from left-field developments that never have any basis.

Oh the humanity! This episode was hard to watch.
This episode was hard to watch for a number of reasons. I was struggling to get through the first third of the episode, my hand quivering over the mouse, tempted to skim to something more interesting, or stop and go watch ef instead.

Then suddenly, Yuuhi and Jun are suddenly an item?! Where exactly was the development all season leading up to that? They showed most the actual developments in flashbacks this episode, and most of it amounts to a total of maybe 20 minutes? The majority of the series was slapstick adventures or Ayanokouji making an ass of herself spending outrageous amounts of her money (no wonder the Katagiri's are wealthier).

I felt like I had missed a few episodes...mid-episode!

That said, I loved the maid outfit. It was very cute, especially the hairdo, and set off moe-sensors like crazy.

It annoys me thoroughly when these anime girls act like stuck up know-it-alls and denounce (or assault) a guy repeatedly for being himself only to later fall for him, then get forgiven and end up with the guy. I think you may want to stay away from the overwhelming majority of shoujo series Yuki.

Yukimura
Tue, 12-09-2008, 11:54 PM
Meh, if I wasn't annoyed I'd be bored so I just have to persevere and hope that I'll stumble upon another gem like KgNE where a girl who works hard will get to keep the guy instead of the girl who is the most pitiable. I expect I"ll be waiting a while ;(

Marik
Thu, 12-18-2008, 08:06 PM
[Eclipse] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 11 (1024x576 h264) [D09CF341].mkv (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2011%20%281024x576%20h264%29%20%5bD09CF341%5d.mkv .torrent)

[Eclipse] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 11 (XviD) [BAF0A1C2].avi (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2011%20%28XviD%29%20%5bBAF0A1C2%5d.avi.torrent)

Nadouku
Thu, 12-18-2008, 11:11 PM
Yuuhi is so insensitive to the point where she's just becoming annoyed at the situation. What's with this love-hate relation? Even though she knows they're hiding something, she makes Minato say it out loud, and clear. Confusing ploy to reveal the truth. Now, we get to see their parents next episode. I wonder how that's gonna be put into play?

Yukimura
Sun, 12-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 12 (1024x576 H.264) - [Eclipse] (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2012%20(1024x576%20h264)%20%5b71C080C5%5d.mkv.tor rent)

Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka - 12 (XviD) - [Eclipse] (http://torrents.no-sekai.de/eclipse/%5bEclipse%5d%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20-%2012%20(XviD)%20%5b6E9E3BD6%5d.avi.torrent)

It's over :( (For now...) Woot @ end girl though.

All in all I'd say the story was pretty weak but I for one wasn't watching for the story but for the cast. Nago-Nago and Minato will be sorely missed as well as Tsukasa and maybe even the sketchy parents. Certainly a fun enough series to pass the time but I wouldn't hail it as the second (or even third) coming of [INSERT WHATEVER ANIME YOU THINK IS AWESOME] or anything.

Nadouku
Sun, 12-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Wow, I must say... this anime really surprised me. The ending... the feeling... everything. Great ending! I really wish this would have happened sooner!

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-29-2008, 02:31 AM
Wow...I don't get the ending, but whatever, it's been fun :D Incest prevails!!

tystic
Mon, 12-29-2008, 02:32 AM
No kidding! I was feeling frustration with Junichi's actions but it was gone by the end.

Wasn't the guy on the phone... new to the story?

edit: I must be tired. Forgot I posted once. 20 seconds ago. ugh

Buffalobiian
Mon, 12-29-2008, 02:34 AM
Wasn't the guy on the phone... new to the story?

edit: I must be tired. Forgot I posted once. 20 seconds ago. ugh

That's Yuuhi's dad.

Ryllharu
Mon, 12-29-2008, 07:28 AM
Wow...I don't get the ending, but whatever, it's been fun :DThe ending did sort of seem all over the place and didn't really have any kind of firm foundation.

Incest prevails!!
The implication that comes from the conversation between the parents about the reason Jun's Dad said he didn't need to visit Minato (and whether Jun heard it or not) is that Minato is actually not related.

So incest does not in fact prevail (though this time I really wouldn't have had any qualms about it).

shinta|hikari
Mon, 12-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Well, it is still incest in terms of law and social perception...

So, Incest prevails!!

Shadow Skill
Mon, 12-29-2008, 10:45 PM
Yes, Incest prevails, in a sense. :P

I am not happy that this series is too short. Hopefull they have a season 2 planned at some point in the future. I thought there'd be more developement.

I agree, Jun's dad was most likely referring to that Jun and Mina are not blood related.

I'm hoping for a season 2 at some point in the future and hopefully it's 24-26 episodes and not 12 .:)

narutosharingan
Tue, 12-30-2008, 12:18 AM
I guess you had to pick up on the hint based on the reaction Minato gave regarding their brother-sister status.

That was a fun series, and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing another.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-30-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm convinced that they're not blood related, and Jun's the only one who doesn't know that. But as far as Minato and Jun are concerned, it's incest ;). Why Minato's so worked up about it I don't know, since she obviously knows.

Besides Minato, the characters I'll miss most are Ayanokouji and Nago. Ayanokouji's not as annoying as the little princess Hime was at the beginning, and she always just entertains me.

Nago is just plain awesome, antennae, spooky chuckle and all.

David75
Tue, 12-30-2008, 01:48 AM
Well that last scene in the Bathroom was a little hotter than usual, with every part of a woman's body fully developped, even if masked under "the school" type swinsuit... such perverts :D

It confirms the fact Minato has always been the one fitting the "real woman" role when it comes to sex matters...

Xelbair
Tue, 12-30-2008, 10:40 AM
Have you noticed that there are 2 freak-girls at the end near student council president?

Ayanokouji was just purely annoying.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 12-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Have you noticed that there are 2 freak-girls at the end near student council president?

Her name is Nago :(

Did you notice at the end of the OP, Minato and Yuuhi take turns saying "Dameyo!"

Yukimura
Tue, 12-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Nago-Nago x2 is even more awesome. How can anything survive the win that is Nago-Nago-Nago-Nago? Hopefully they'll explain her in more depth in the OAV (2009-06-26).

narutosharingan
Wed, 12-31-2008, 01:48 AM
Excellent, I didn't know there would be an OAV.

Even if they're not blood related, it's semi-incest considering they lived as brother and sister for quite awhile. Honestly, he should hook up with both of them.

Kraco
Thu, 01-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Nice how Minato was already jumping into the same bathtub with Geno Killer... She was surely getting impatient with her love (and her fully developed body).

A refreshing end all in all with Rie Kugimiya's character losing.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 04-19-2009, 07:04 AM
[Nipponsei] Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Original Soundtrack.zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Akane-iro%20ni%20Somaru%20Saka%20Original%20Soundtrack.z ip.torrent)

I really can't remember if there were any good tracks from the anime, but here they are.

Kraco
Thu, 07-02-2009, 07:25 AM
An ova of very interesting qualities was released:

OVA - SFW (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=72857)

David75
Thu, 07-02-2009, 02:27 PM
We're past fanservice here... Minato almost masturbating and being ass fondled...

Beware, that ep is only for those who can tolerate zero scenario, but are lolicon aroused

I can't say I enjoyed it, no really.

To each their preferences, as they say.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 07-02-2009, 08:26 PM
We're past fanservice here... Minato almost masturbating and being ass fondled...

Beware, that ep is only for those who can tolerate zero scenario, but are lolicon aroused

I can't say I enjoyed it, no really.

To each their preferences, as they say.

I certainly didn't mind the ep :rolleyes:

I certainly wasn't expecting them to go this far, given the mild introduction (which didn't last very long). They certainly made full use of DVD censorship (or lack thereof).

The whole idol-profile thing was funny I thought.

Kraco
Fri, 07-03-2009, 12:24 AM
This was pretty empty story wise, but then again, ovas of these sort of series almost always are. I was expecting this to be quite bold, because I had seen a screenshot of Minato's hand action before. I wasn't really disappointed even if not impressed either. But to be honest I'd have rather had more love and less lust.

shinta|hikari
Fri, 07-03-2009, 01:44 AM
But to be honest I'd have rather had more love and less lust.

This made me ROFL.

I do get what you mean though (even if I would never say it in that manner). These OAVs target the exposure loving fans in Japan, since they are the ones who buy the DVDs. I can't really blame the producers for wanting to make money though.

enkoujin
Fri, 07-03-2009, 11:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v683/xSharinganx/snapshot20090703222008.jpg

The only lesson I learned from the OVA.

But yeah, I did feel that they did overdo it on the fanservice, though. I do not know if I want to question my own views of manliness or my own sexual preferences, but in my opinion, Tsukasa's body was absolutely disgusting because of her misplaced and disproportional sexual body parts.

I know I am asking for a negative reputation right there.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-04-2009, 07:28 AM
Who was Tsukasa again?

animus
Sat, 07-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Tsukasa's the childhood friend with the biggest rack of the group.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 07-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Ah, her. I'll understand disproportional, but misplaced?