PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniversary of Assertn's Once-Modding

python862
Sat, 10-04-2008, 03:01 PM
I saw the announcement on the forum's main page and decided to pay homage. Congrats, Assertn.

David75
Sat, 10-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Happy birthday
Have fun

Kraco
Sat, 10-04-2008, 04:17 PM
It's not his birthday, David...

Still, I'm not sure what one is supposed to write here. The dude hit the road without looking back (still coming back, though). Hmm... I hope you can live happily with your decision!

Assertn
Sat, 10-04-2008, 05:27 PM
I suppose like how one cries at both a wedding and a funeral, I smile at both obtaining and retiring modship...

or something like that...ish?

Abdula
Sat, 10-04-2008, 09:12 PM
Yet more Assertn stroking, haven't you people had enough already:rolleyes: :p

This isn't anything like a wedding or a funeral though, really what the hell are we supposed to say here. You were once a mod congrats, but you're not one anymore too bad. Other than that not much has changed, you're still a great poster and one of the few people here I think I would actually like to meet.

You could refresh my memory though, why are you not a mod anymore and would you consider taking up the position again because really you'd fit right in.

Assertn
Sat, 10-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Wow Abdula...that was....a surprisingly complimentary post coming from you :o

The truth is that I retired cause I didn't want to have obligations to spend so much time in the forum. Now I mostly hang around here cause I get bored.

Abdula
Sat, 10-04-2008, 09:28 PM
The truth is that I retired cause I didn't want to have obligations to spend so much time in the forum. Now I mostly hang around here cause I get bored.
Oh, thats understandable.

Once you get past the Abdula gimmick, I'm a big softy:D

David75
Sun, 10-05-2008, 02:07 AM

Typical Mod life. Experienced that quite a lot. There are 2 reasons:
- other people ostracize you when you're a mod.
- if not, you'll eventually lose a bit of interrest for the forum and feel jailed due to the function

There's also another one: you're almost forced to read everything... which is a huge burden considering not every post is a gem.. that's also a part of losing interrest.