Marik
Sat, 10-04-2008, 10:40 AM
DB - http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns078-079.torrent

ASSpirine
Sat, 10-04-2008, 11:03 AM
http://www.dattebayo.com/pr/95

Dattebayo Does Not Apologize for Naruto Delay

2008/10/04

As many of you have noticed, there has been a slight delay in the release of Naruto Shippuuden this week. We would like to take this opportunity to not apologize for the delay, which like previous delays, was caused by difficulties obtaining a raw episode. Instead, we would like to wave our middle fingers at all the people who were nice enough to take time out of their busy lives (which we assume consist of living in their mothers' basements, playing WoW, and masturbating to hentai) to write us, call us assholes or bitches, tell us we suck, and let us know that we deserve to rot in hell because we are taking "4eva" to sub the episode. Thanks!

-Your Friendly DB Staff

http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns078-079.torrent
It's online

Pessu
Sat, 10-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Im getting "inwalid torrent file" whit this torrent on DB's site. Anyone else having problems with it?

Marik
Sat, 10-04-2008, 11:49 AM
Nah, it's working for me. I'm at 65% done.

ASSpirine
Sat, 10-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Im getting "inwalid torrent file" whit this torrent on DB's site. Anyone else having problems with it?

Nope, i'm downloading it now :)

Edit

GREAT episode, lots of action.
Great technique from Shikamaru, looked really cool.

Too bad for the sad end, but we all saw it coming

tystic
Sat, 10-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Yeah, they kinda spoiled it in the preview.

Once upon a time I thought I might try some Naruto manga, got to this point and said DANG IT ALL I can't do this, I'll ruin whatever good hasn't been trampled by filler yet!

ASSpirine
Sat, 10-04-2008, 01:23 PM
The extra day and a half wait for this episode was really worth it, maybe Dattebayo did it on purpose :p

Btw, Hidan about Kakuzu when help was really needed :D

Kraco
Sat, 10-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Sad end, eh? My thought was good riddance, Asuma, you were too weak to be a jounin. And far too weak to be the Third's son. If this wasn't an underperformance then I don't know what is. Other than that, it was a good fight, though, and Hidan's technique is very interesting, although still no hint what might be behind the actual immortality.

Kakuzu's technique, though, wasn't so interesting and while the two losers Asuma and Shikamaru dragged along are probably worse ninja than Konohamaru, they could still have deserved a bit better ending than loose hands controlled by tentacles... Although I guess such a simple technique makes sense since those tentacles seem to be Kakuzu's special ability (they should have at least had a female ninja in the company; a girl bound by those tentacles would have been funnier).

Shikamaru has a really tiny chakra reserve. So tiny it's kind of risky to send him out on missions at all. They might have to give him a desk job in an office next to Tsunade's to keep him safe and sound.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 10-04-2008, 02:12 PM
As many of you have noticed, there has been a slight delay in the release of Naruto Shippuuden this week. We would like to take this opportunity to not apologize for the delay, which like previous delays, was caused by difficulties obtaining a raw episode. Instead, we would like to wave our middle fingers at all the people who were nice enough to take time out of their busy lives (which we assume consist of living in their mothers' basements, playing WoW, and masturbating to hentai) to write us, call us assholes or bitches, tell us we suck, and let us know that we deserve to rot in hell because we are taking "4eva" to sub the episode. Thanks!

-Your Friendly DB Staff

Wow I'm disgusted with this god awful stereo-type DB has given to ALL of us naruto fans. I sure as hell don't live in the basement...

ASSpirine
Sat, 10-04-2008, 02:37 PM
No I know who could be responsible to reattach missing limbs. When Deidara lost his arm, Sasori said something about it I think. Or we a least discussed about it. But in order to reattach an arm, the arm should still be intact.

Wonder how many arms Deidara now has.

Assertn
Sat, 10-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Wow I'm disgusted with this god awful stereo-type DB has given to ALL of us naruto fans. I sure as hell don't live in the basement...
Did you email them with a complaint about them being a day late? If not, then they're not talking about you.

I like how the title to this episode was "Asuma's Death!!!11"
Yes, thank you team anime.

This episode was executed pretty well, and I'm glad they didn't underwhelm Shikamaru's part. Isumo and Kotetsu also seemed more competent than they did in the manga, which is definitely a plus.

Pessu
Sat, 10-04-2008, 03:25 PM
When the title said "Asuma's Death" i assumed that he was not really going to die since they actually named the episode like that but now it seems he really really is going to die so i'm gonna get angry if he doesnt after all that build-up but i really dont want him to die so i'm gonna get angry anyways. Makes sence much huh`?

Nice episode overall, not much stretching or useless scenes and if i'm correct they didnt even once mention naruto in this episode which i see as a huge plus. They also made the duo x (i cant remember their names) look way cooler and usefull than expected. Shikamaru also showed us how he can actually stab people with his shadow now.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 10-04-2008, 03:34 PM
ahh assertn it was just a joke bud.

great episode, instead of filling up time with bullshit we got some cool looking techniques from the two chuunins. Well those were both in the manga, but yeah they did a lot more with it here... made Kakuzu seem even more badass.

Kraco- we've always known about Shika's lack of chakra, but now after the time jump its safe to say he has a decent amount... Through both episodes he used Kagemane on Hidan twice (once for quite some time when he dragged him out of the circle) and shadow sewing twice. Kagemane was overpowered back in the day, shadow sewing is twice that so im gonna assume it doesnt just take a drop of chakra to manage.

ASSpirine
Sat, 10-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Also don't forget that using the kagemane no jutsu on a strong opponent needs more chakra to contain that person. We're talking about an aktsuki member, if it was Konohamaru then Shikamaru could do it a whole day

Kraco
Sat, 10-04-2008, 04:51 PM
I don't still buy it. Here we have some guy who is immortal and uses some mystic jutsu to make his wounds reflect on Asuma. Those should use a huge amount of chakra. But I guess I'm just so used to looking at monsters in this series that a dude with a more normal amount of chakra looks overly weak in comparison.

Kusanagi
Sat, 10-04-2008, 04:56 PM
I would have honestly cared alot more about Asuma dying if he had a larger role in the past series.

I think they're just using his death to stair-step Shikamaru into the spotlight again.

Anyone else disappointed in the new op?

ASSpirine
Sat, 10-04-2008, 05:02 PM
It was also about time a character died, one of the good guys.
Chiyo doesn't really count, she was just a character that was good for one arc.

Really hope they don't find a way to revive Asuma, I do like the character and his coolness. But that would be really wrong...

Jessper
Sat, 10-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Very cool, love these fights so far. I wish that they would spend less time talking about how "Shikamaru is so amazing!!" it might be more worthwhile if they hadn't thrown so many hints out about the whole deal earlier and actually made it something we might not have figured out.

I thought it was interesting how they specifically said it had been 10 minutes since the start of the fight early on. So many people (this is me being benevolent, manga readers are not real people...) complained about how the past episode was supposed to be all of 5 seconds.

The ending is nice, was a good touch to the end of the episode.

ASSpirine
Sat, 10-04-2008, 05:47 PM
what I did hate was the flashback of the first minute in the second minute...

DarthEnderX
Sat, 10-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Best Naruto episode in ages(is it coincidence that Naruto wasn't in it?)!

Shikamaru, doing his thing again. Some unseen jutsu from the two red-shirt chuunin(even though that whole exchange was basically a rehash of Shikamaru's chuunin final against Temari).

Finally, a good guy death of someone under the age of a thousand.

Like I said, even without the episode title, they telegraphed his death for this entire arc.

I'm wondering now if Asuma's death will inspire Shikamaru into some crazy shit and he beats both of them somehow.

I dunno. I'm all over the place here. But I loved the episode.

ASSpirine
Sat, 10-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Best Naruto episode in ages(is it coincidence that Naruto wasn't in it?)!

Shikamaru, doing his thing again. Some unseen jutsu from the two red-shirt chuunin(even though that whole exchange was basically a rehash of Shikamaru's chuunin final against Temari).

Finally, a good guy death of someone under the age of a thousand.

Like I said, even without the episode title, they telegraphed his death for this entire arc.

I'm wondering now if Asuma's death will inspire Shikamaru into some crazy shit and he beats both of them somehow.

I dunno. I'm all over the place here. But I loved the episode.

I'm not sure which episode of Shippuuden is better, this one or the 100 puppets vs 10 from Chiyo.

I haven't even noticed that Naruto isn't in it... You got a point there ;)

deadlydreamx
Sat, 10-04-2008, 08:37 PM
Good episode thought Asuma was going to die when the sythe was coming for his face.

Anyone else thought kurenai looked hot? lol

lelouch
Sat, 10-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Have no fear, asuma probably had a decoy ship.

Oh wait, this isn't code geass...

Abdula
Sat, 10-04-2008, 09:40 PM
I don't still buy it. Here we have some guy who is immortal and uses some mystic jutsu to make his wounds reflect on Asuma. Those should use a huge amount of chakra. But I guess I'm just so used to looking at monsters in this series that a dude with a more normal amount of chakra looks overly weak in comparison.
The people in Akatsuki all have monstrous amounts of chakra. That is one of the things I complained alot about in the beginning of the last filler arc. The anime made it seem like everyone has a seemingly limitless amount of chakra, when really Shika's level is about what normal people have.

It was also about time a character died, one of the good guys.
Chiyo doesn't really count, she was just a character that was good for one arc.
Exactly, no one takes villains seriously if no one dies, because everyone knows some how the heroes will pull out a victory. The only people who died were the third, Chiyo and Gaara. Both the third and Chiyo sacrificed themselves and Gaara was brought back to life. Well at least now they can't think that anymore.

Very cool, love these fights so far. I wish that they would spend less time talking about how "Shikamaru is so amazing!!" it might be more worthwhile if they hadn't thrown so many hints out about the whole deal earlier and actually made it something we might not have figured out.
Beginning to sound like a manga reader aren't we, and you don't even know the half of it.

I thought it was interesting how they specifically said it had been 10 minutes since the start of the fight early on. So many people (this is me being benevolent, manga readers are not real people...) complained about how the past episode was supposed to be all of 5 seconds. I think you must have misunderstood something, It was ten minutes since they called for back up which they did as soon as they spotted them. Anyway it wasn't that the battle didn't take awhile, it was that it took no time at all for Asuma to get cut on the cheek and the ritual to start, it was so quick that there was no question about who the better fighter was. For example why the hell did Hidan waste so much time avoiding the kunais and stuff that was thrown at him last episode, when he could have just taken the hits in the first place, like he did near the end of the episode.

Anyway that said, I forgot to open Limewire so I haven't downloaded the episode yet, will do that now and then check back.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Very enjoyable episode. It actually had suspense and a good pacing, which I've found to be a rare treat in Naruto these days.

I'm left wondering how the next episode will take place. Asuma looks like he's having a peaceful last chat with his students, but Kakuzu won't let his bounty go lightly neither.

Spaceaprion
Sat, 10-04-2008, 10:38 PM
I guess Asuma should have spent a little less time hitting on hot chick and a little more time on training.

I think Asuma let his feelings interfere with the mission by telling Shika his plan wouldn't work because he didn't have the fighting ability, granted I don't think Shikamaru has ever used any taijutsu, but he's always been good at avoiding attacks and running away. IMO Asuma screwed himself by overriding shika's strategy. After all everyone knows Shika's ninjutsu is faster and stronger the closer he is.

Still I thought they gave him the proper respect with the way he died, better than lung cancer anyway.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-05-2008, 12:12 AM
I thought not being strong enough for the front lines was what Shikamaru thought was the reasoning behind Asuma. Or am I mistaken in thinking Asuma told him to stay back because they needed him in the rear to keep a cool head, see everything and tell them how to move?

Abdula
Sun, 10-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Bloody good episode. No complaints from me.

I haven't even noticed that Naruto isn't in it... You got a point there ;)
You think you would notice the main character wasn't there right, says alot about the show. DB made a point of saying" Be happy, there's no Naruto this episode." The less you see of Naruto the better Naruto is.

Anyone else thought kurenai looked hot? lol
lol

I thought not being strong enough for the front lines was what Shikamaru thought was the reasoning behind Asuma. Or am I mistaken in thinking Asuma told him to stay back because they needed him in the rear to keep a cool head, see everything and tell them how to move?
Yeah but really Shikamaru just isn't strong enough and he isn't the type of guy you would want on the front lines. His strength is being able to analyze the opponents abilities and exploit their weaknesses and he knows this. So really him wanting to be in front was out of character and it was the complete opposite of when they went after Sasuke. You would think the anime guys would remember that when they decided to add in that scene, its not a problem that they did but really why not take the time to actually come up with a good idea.

@ Spaceaprion: What difference would it have made if Shikamaru was in front, best case scenario was that he captures Hidan with his shadow binding, which he did anyway the problem was they couldn't kill him. Worse case scenario is that he is the one that gets caught in Hidan's ritual and then they wouldn't have even been able to figure out how it worked.

I liked how they made it really obvious that Kakuzu could have taken care of all four of them by himself.

-Assertn looks like the scene didn't make it in:confused:

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-05-2008, 01:04 AM
I particularly liked how Kakuzu waited till his head was cut off, and still didn't move. Fully badass.

And lol at Hidan pleading for help, then swearing like anything right afterwards. Should have incinerated/wind diced the head, but I guess Kakazu'd be too fast for that.

Abdula
Sun, 10-05-2008, 01:13 AM
Yeah Hidan is a little bitch. Thing is Kakazu didn't need to help him at all, as we saw he put Asuma out for awhile and he could have easily disposed of Shikamaru and the other two during that time. Heck why not just kill Asuma right away and forget about the rest of them, I mean the body is all he needs anyway but I guess like a true badass, he is lazy.

DarthEnderX
Sun, 10-05-2008, 01:43 AM
You know what I thought was gonna happen? I thought Hidans curse was going to end up working both ways, and Asuma was gonna cut his throat at the end there so Hidan's head would fall off again.
Yeah Hidan is a little bitch. Thing is Kakazu didn't need to help him at all, as we saw he put Asuma out for awhile and he could have easily disposed of Shikamaru and the other two during that time. Heck why not just kill Asuma right away and forget about the rest of them, I mean the body is all he needs anyway but I guess like a true badass, he is lazy.I think it's because, unlike Hidan, Kakuzu isn't overconfident. He's not gonna risk one of the others having some power he wasn't expecting, or having help show up, and not having his teammate on his feet if that happens.

Assertn
Sun, 10-05-2008, 03:59 AM
-Assertn looks like the scene didn't make it in:confused:
Yeah....I thought about that too. It could still work....if they squeeze the scene in before the intro sequence for the next ep....

Yukimura
Sun, 10-05-2008, 04:20 AM
Indeed an excellent episode. I'd forgotten all about Kakuzu's beat down of poor Izumo and Kotetsu but the anime made the fight look pretty cool IMO. Kakuzu is one of my favorite characters in the series. He acts te most like what I'd want a badass evil ninja to act like. He does bad things, but he does them like a Ninja would, coldly calculating and assessing the cost and benefit of actions and then taking the one that seems most prudent.

Oro behaves like a psycho, Itachi like an emo, Sasori was just creepy and basically a bratty little kid with butt loads of power (much like Hidan and Diedara seem to be) but Kakuzu seems like an uber ninja who knows what he wants and goes out and gets it and doesn't waste time or effort on unnecessary or unimportant things.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 10-05-2008, 10:45 AM
I still can't believe that Shika isnt a Jounin yet.

I mean there are a lot of Chuunins that do quite a lot, but I would have figured that there would be more of the Rookie 9 up there by now, especially him.

Patriot
Sun, 10-05-2008, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Kagemane_no_Jutsu

Did you email them with a complaint about them being a day late? If not, then they're not talking about you.

I have been trolling these forums for 4+ years, and never once bothered to register. If there was a way to check my IP you would see that I have been here many times and read many posts, I feel I know some of you, from the way you post, I just never got invovled in the discussion. But this one brought me out the woodwork for the sheer hilarity that ensued. Talking about a misquote eh Gagemane_no_Jutse? I got your humor and found it funny...the other guy, just over his head....and that's it for me, see you all in another 4 years...well see me that is.

Spaceaprion
Sun, 10-05-2008, 12:46 PM
@ Spaceaprion: What difference would it have made if Shikamaru was in front, best case scenario was that he captures Hidan with his shadow binding, which he did anyway the problem was they couldn't kill him. Worse case scenario is that he is the one that gets caught in Hidan's ritual and then they wouldn't have even been able to figure out how it worked.

I guess the best case scenario is he captures Hidan and no one gets injured, and they are able to wait it out until help arrives.

The whole flash back where Asuma dismisses Shika's plan just struck me as pointless and contradictory to what Asuma had thought a couple scenes before the flashback, which was. "Shikamaru can think ten steps ahead and consider 200 possible moves in a second, but his real strength is his knack for choosing the best one."

I think it would have been a better idea if in the flash back, Shika had come up with the Asuma up front plan. That way it would have given Shikamaru a better reason for feeling guilty.

Rikudo
Sun, 10-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Wow, compare to how much love other character gets in Naruto *cough* Sasuke *cough*,I almost feel bad how Asuma got owned.

Hidan and Kakuzu are definitely ten times more interesting than Sasori and Deidera duo.

Assertn
Sun, 10-05-2008, 01:26 PM
I have been trolling these forums for 4+ years, and never once bothered to register. If there was a way to check my IP you would see that I have been here many times and read many posts, I feel I know some of you, from the way you post, I just never got invovled in the discussion. But this one brought me out the woodwork for the sheer hilarity that ensued. Talking about a misquote eh Gagemane_no_Jutse? I got your humor and found it funny...the other guy, just over his head....and that's it for me, see you all in another 4 years...well see me that is.
Um...lol? Boy is my face red! :o :o :o
Well, I'm glad I ensued hilarity for you. Welcome to the forums

Abdula
Sun, 10-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Yeah....I thought about that too. It could still work....if they squeeze the scene in before the intro sequence for the next ep....
I wonder if they are even gonna bother, continuity doesn't seem to be something they care about.

@ Yuki, couldn't have said it better. Its unfortunate that we didn't get to see a villain like Kakuzu earlier.

@Patriot, 4+ years of trolling and of all the things that has happened in that time this is what makes you join.:rolleyes:

I guess the best case scenario is he captures Hidan and no one gets injured, and they are able to wait it out until help arrives.
But that was never gonna happen, they were completely outmatched by Hidan and Kakuzu.

The whole flash back where Asuma dismisses Shika's plan just struck me as pointless and contradictory to what Asuma had thought a couple scenes before the flashback, which was. "Shikamaru can think ten steps ahead and consider 200 possible moves in a second, but his real strength is his knack for choosing the best one."
Exactly.

I think it would have been a better idea if in the flash back, Shika had come up with the Asuma up front plan. That way it would have given Shikamaru a better reason for feeling guilty. This is what I think they were going for, they just didn't pull it off.

Patriot
Sun, 10-05-2008, 02:16 PM
I know, I know... I would come here for the links, and read and follow the discussion and the arguements. Mostly, I loved the passion that most of you bring to the table. Not only did the comment bring me in, but it seems like the anime grew up all of a sudden, and my introduction to the community seemed right. I hope to get to know all of you personally, and hope its a long and fruitful relationship. Even if we have a few disagreements along the way. :)

StingRay
Sun, 10-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Great Episode. Even if it means my favorite character had to die in order to see it come to fruition.

I remember saying once in one of my first posts that Kakuzu's stitches on his arms may have something to do with his jutsu. I guess i was sort of right but its obvious there's more to him than the bit we've seen so far. I get the feeling that kakuzu is just like shikamaru in terms of tactics & strategy. I never thought for a second he was honoring Hidan's request to butt out of the fight. He was analyzing his opponents looking for loopholes planning his attack just like Shikamaru would. I hope Shikamaru will have a great fight with Kakuzu.

I also recall Abdula once mentioning something along the lines that the Hidan & Kakuzu arc was one, if not his only favorite in the whole series. I can see why. I'm totally digging it so far

ASSpirine
Sun, 10-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Also this explains why Hidan was always lying "dead" after he finished an enemy.

What makes you think Shika can still fight? You saw his chakra reserves were completly depleted. Doesn't seem like an exciting episode next week.

StingRay
Sun, 10-05-2008, 04:59 PM
in my opinion, I don't think Shikamaru is just going to call it a day and go home not trying to get back at those guys for killing his teacher given how close the two were portrayed to be to one another.

ASSpirine
Sun, 10-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Of course Shikamaru isn't going to quit. But I wonder how far he can get with almost no chakra left. Maybe a dozen soldier pills will do the trick?

DB_Hunter
Sun, 10-05-2008, 05:33 PM
No, you know Naruto is going to jump in and destroy Hidan with his Rasengan and then Kakuzu won't have anything to stich back as the the Rasengan would have shredded whatever part of Hidan's body it touched.

ASSpirine
Sun, 10-05-2008, 05:54 PM
That is if Naruto manages to hit something with his rasengan :p
Kakashi's logic is the best when it comes to the Chidori. He had Sasuke improve his speed before he learned him the Chidori. This way an attack is harder to avoid.

We'll look at the rasengan as an improved and stronger Chidori, but Naruto lacks the speed. So he's nothing with it.

I do hope Naruto doesn't show up

Xyrox
Sun, 10-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Of course Naruto isn't going to show up. However, I don't think Shikamaru is capable of going "berserk" either, and against two Akatsuki he has no chance. So it's most likely that the other teams show up and save the day. Boring, but that's the only way I can think of.

I really liked the episode. The only complaint I have is the previews, they reveal way too much. Well, guess it means I just have to stop watching them.

ASSpirine
Sun, 10-05-2008, 08:21 PM
We can be sure that the other teams are coming. And I'm also assuming Hidan and Kakuzu aren't dying this quickly. At least, I hope so

Kagari
Sun, 10-05-2008, 11:48 PM
I had a blast watching this episode! Good action and suspense...really didn't think Asuma would "die" when he did...

The fact that Hidan had done the ritual again, and gored himself with that awesome scythe...didn't really see it coming.

No idea who will show up to save the day, but it's safe to say if no one else shows up, what will the three chuunins really do against these guys?

Oh, finally, I really really really like Kakuzu as a character. Don't know what it is...he frightens me.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-06-2008, 12:32 AM
On the flip side, I don't really think Hidan is cool anymore. He just acts a huge pussy when he was getting beat, and he acts like a toughguy because he's immortal.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-06-2008, 01:09 AM
On the flip side, I don't really think Hidan is cool anymore. He just acts a huge pussy when he was getting beat, and he acts like a toughguy because he's immortal.

He's also a sadist. They're somewhat freaky.

KrayZ33
Mon, 10-06-2008, 08:24 AM

Well he's a maniac... I like that
Kakuzu is the "cool" guy here :P
damn I love these 2.. my favorite characters so far, even better than Zabuza and Haku for me.

I hope to see a lot more of Kakuzu soon, he seems to be alot stronger than Hidan.. or at least he seems to take everything alot more serious than Hidan, who just wants to "play".

I can only hope that they don't get defeated next week... since they left their precious bounty with Shika and the others :/
I hope they just retread because the other ~3 teams showed up or something like that

And oh man! I'm pretty sure that the "mace" which was thrown at Kakuzu looked like a further stage of a certain Pokemon. I can't remember the name and who had it in the series though, I think it was Brock (or however Ash's friend was called who was also the "stone-arena-master" thingy)

well this little detail aside, the fight was pretty good imho! I wouldn't mind to see more of that. The animation and quality was very enjoyable too.

btw I like the new ending, with Ino sitting at the window staring into the night <3

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-06-2008, 08:47 AM
And oh man! I'm pretty sure that the "mace" which was thrown at Kakuzu looked like a further stage of a certain Pokemon. I can't remember the name and who had it in the series though, I think it was Brock (or however Ash's friend was called who was also the "stone-arena-master" thingy)

Cloyster? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloyster#Cloyster)

Ino looks better with both eyes visible. Hiding one with that uber-long fringe just gives off too much of an emo vibe. In the bad way.

Seriously though, Hinata needs more screen time. They teased us with that episode, and some OP/ED sequences, and left it at that. I'm left hanging..

Abdula
Mon, 10-06-2008, 09:26 AM
No worries all the rookies will get their screen time. Kishi is taking in one squad at a time, we already saw Gai's team, here we're seeing Asuma's team, Hinata, Kiba and Shino will get their screen time.

Hidan is not cool. If not for his immortality the guy would be more useless than Naruto.

Kraco
Mon, 10-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Hidan is not cool. If not for his immortality the guy would be more useless than Naruto.

That's only a valid statement if Shikamaru or somebody else figures out the secret behind the immortality. As long as he has it, he's very badass. At least if someone isn't wise enough to burn the head, for example. I doubt he could recover from ashes. But usually Konoha ninjas are too busy standing with their mouths hanging open and their eyes bulging to kill their enemies, so Hidan should be safe enough.

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-06-2008, 09:46 AM
That's only a valid statement if Shikamaru or somebody else figures out the secret behind the immortality. As long as he has it, he's very badass. At least if someone isn't wise enough to burn the head, for example. I doubt he could recover from ashes. But usually Konoha ninjas are too busy standing with their mouths hanging open and their eyes bulging to kill their enemies, so Hidan should be safe enough.

First thing I thought of when they decapitated the guy was "Keep Cutting!"

But no. You know. Asuma has to die. The title said so.

Abdula
Mon, 10-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Well in Asuma's defense he was pretty badly burnt and was stabbed through the leg and really immortal or not, no one really expects someone to survive after having their head cut off, it worked in Highlander. And even so, like Shikamaru said even if he was still alive once his head wasn't attached to his body he was harmless, no one could have expected Kakuzu to just simply put it back on.

lilphatboi88
Mon, 10-06-2008, 08:47 PM
If I were Asuma and Shikamaru, I would have dragged the fight out until backup came.
Also, from the viewer standpoint, there was no way 1 jounin and 3 chuunin could go up against 2 Akatsuki's who are what, S level?

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-07-2008, 03:18 AM
If I were Asuma and Shikamaru, I would have dragged the fight out until backup came.
Also, from the viewer standpoint, there was no way 1 jounin and 3 chuunin could go up against 2 Akatsuki's who are what, S level?

With the element of surprise and teamwork, Team Asuma had a chance, like they did, to take them out. When you're completely overpowered like that, drawing it out isn't an option.

ASSpirine
Tue, 10-07-2008, 05:39 AM
I think they did try to lenghten the fight, but Hidan and Kakuzu won't let that happen so easily.
Well,dunno if you can say that team Gai has their screentime already...

I'm waiting for Shino to step up, a badass with no real information. Hope it'll be good. Oh yeah, of course Kurenai would be a total emo after Asuma dies...

Abdula
Tue, 10-07-2008, 08:45 AM
Were we watching the same fight. They didn't even need to try to stretch things out, Hidan was doing that all by himself. The guy is a complete sadist so once he has you caught in his jutsu he tries to make you suffer for as long as possible. From the very first time we saw him, Kakuzu was complaining about how he drags out his fights.

Patriot
Tue, 10-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Really, the only thing that could have drawn out this fight is if Shika had more of a Chakra reserve and held Hidan there for 20 more minutes. But come on, he could have held him there for an hour and the writers would have made backup come then. They would have cited 'traffic' as the reason for being so late.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-07-2008, 10:40 AM
When all this is done, Kakuzu should knock off Hidan's head and sell his body :D

Harima Kenji
Wed, 10-08-2008, 03:58 PM
And sew his head on a broom or someting ;)

Assertn
Wed, 10-08-2008, 04:05 PM
When all this is done, Kakuzu should knock off Hidan's head and sell his body :D
for what? sex?

Patriot
Wed, 10-08-2008, 05:04 PM
LOL, for the bounty. But Your idea of sex with a guy's head on a broom is one weird fantasy. What was the criteria for being a moderator again on these forums?!?

I'm kidding...lol, you must be thinking, couldn't this kid go back to 4 more years of trolling, lol...

Abdula
Wed, 10-08-2008, 08:59 PM
He is talking about the body not the head. Wait why the hell am I even responding to this nonsense.

Anyway Hidan's body should be pretty valuable, because everyone would want to know how his immortality works.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Plus I think all of Akatsuki members are S-rank criminals, so they're all wanted and probably have bounties.

lilphatboi88
Wed, 10-08-2008, 11:22 PM
I meant drag out by fighting more defensively. If you ask me, they were trying to kill him quite hastily. Normally Shikamaru wouldn't exhaust all his chakra like that without saving some for Kakuzu.

They only thing that would have saved him would be to completely annihilate Hidan's head, but that plot surpise had to happen. So nothing could have been done there.

Kraco
Thu, 10-09-2008, 01:30 AM
Logically they should have run away towards their reinforcements the moment they realised they couldn't aliminate one of the two to even the odds. It's also madness to believe super villains when they say they will fight one by one.

Assertn
Thu, 10-09-2008, 01:31 AM
Except if you leave Hidan alone, he'll just stab himself in the heart, like he did in the ep.

xtallography
Thu, 10-09-2008, 01:58 AM
I will still always wonder why slowly scraping a guys foot through the dirt won't erase the line of the symbol on the ground.

Kraco
Thu, 10-09-2008, 03:12 AM
Except if you leave Hidan alone, he'll just stab himself in the heart, like he did in the ep.

He can stab all he wants if he doesn't have your blood. That point would have been kind of late in any case already. Like I said, team Asuma should have made their escape the moment they realised they are still facing two Akatsuki members, not one. It's as if Asuma had a death wish all along. Maybe he really thought there's something more glorious in dying for something you believe in than living for it. What a twisted and sad man, especially after all the lectures he gave Shikamaru.

KrayZ33
Thu, 10-09-2008, 06:24 AM
I will still always wonder why slowly scraping a guys foot through the dirt won't erase the line of the symbol on the ground.

when I saw Shikamaru moving his foot like this, I thought he was going to erase the circle with his (make that HIdan's) foot... but then he said that he wants to move him out of it - *durrrrrr*

but oh well.... maybe it's some magical circle which can't be erased easily I don't really have a problem with that.. maybe it's somehow "chakra infused" and it becomes fast drying paint ^^

Like I said, team Asuma should have made their escape the moment they realised they are still facing two Akatsuki members, not one. It's as if Asuma had a death wish all along.

well even his team members were suggesting that they should retreat... but it seems Asuma thinks that they will catch up sooner or later anyway and then they will have the disadvantage...

Asuma said something like "they won't let us get away so easily, if we run now they will wipe us out"

however his talk about konoha after that didn't even make the slightest sense

"and konoha will be in even greater danger, it's like sending a single unit to break the lines"

what the fuck? what frontlines? It's not like they try to destroy their "formation"
I could have understand it if he said that they have to keep them here until reinforcements come, because otherwise they need to search for them again and they will reach konoha before they can find them...

Abdula
Thu, 10-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Indeed the later part of what Asuma said didn't make sense but its just this simple. Asuma knew that the reason they took Chiriku's body was because Chiriku had a bounty on his head and Asuma knew his bounty was even bigger. So if it was anybody else they could have run away and Hidan and Kakuzu probably wouldn't have cared but they were definitely going to go after them if they tried to run.

So he had only two options, try to run knowing that they would get caught since we already saw that they were faster than Asuma and his team were, not to mention turning your back on your opponents is back etiquette, or try and hold your own until back up arrived.

I'm really ashamed of you guys, all trying to make Asuma look bad instead of just accepting that Asuma and his team ran into opponents that were just superior to them and were simply outmatched. Besides you all seem to be forgetting that Tsunade sent them on a mission to capture and or kill the Akatsuki so they had to at least try and people die on missions all the time. Thats just part of being a ninja.

DB_Hunter
Thu, 10-09-2008, 01:21 PM
There was a third option. Asuma could have run in one direction, the three chunnins in the other.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Thu, 10-09-2008, 02:01 PM
...And then we wouldn't get to hear his last words.

Patriot
Thu, 10-09-2008, 02:05 PM
How do you defeat someone who is better, stronger, faster, and smarter? AND more experienced to boot. Asuma knew this, and realized retreat was not an option, sometimes you can come up with the best strategy and still fail. I think he continued the fight to gain information, but even that really don't seem like a big deal. He stands in a cirle and owns you. But i'm not convinced Asuma's dead. Its Naruto... I mean Sakura could show up and put a super heal on him, or even INO, i think she was training for that if i'm not mistaken. To think that he is dead don't make sense, if he is, I'm floored...

DB_Hunter
Thu, 10-09-2008, 02:09 PM
How do you defeat someone who is better, stronger, faster, and smarter? AND more experienced to boot. Asuma knew this, and realized retreat was not an option, sometimes you can come up with the best strategy and still fail.

Nothing personal, but that statement is pure fail. In that situation you figure out how to get the hell out, not stand around in the hope you might learn something. Even if you did, you wouldn't be alive to convey it anyone. And if you are they strongest of your group and you won't live, you forget about your team being able to get away with the info.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 10-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Nothing personal, but that statement is pure fail. In that situation you figure out how to get the hell out, not stand around in the hope you might learn something. Even if you did, you wouldn't be alive to convey it anyone. And if you are they strongest of your group and you won't live, you forget about your team being able to get away with the info.

That is true, but I do think that Asuma was banking on the other squads showing up. Not to mention all that talk about Shogi, he knew the risk of putting himself out there. I think that it was a wise choice considering it was technically 4v1.

Buffalobiian
Thu, 10-09-2008, 10:32 PM
Basically it all boils down to:

1) You can't run
2) Play defensive, and they'll smash you
3) Best luck trying to take one out.

It was the best choice out of all those. Not that they had much chance to begin with.

Abdula
Thu, 10-09-2008, 11:17 PM
There was a third option. Asuma could have run in one direction, the three chunnins in the other.
That option was not an option which is why I didn't mention it. Like I said before they had a mission to complete. You guys are really whining about this, they are ninjas they had a mission and people die on missions. Shit happens. Their priority was to complete their mission, besides no respectable ninja worth his headband would run like a pussy just because their opponent is stronger than they are. If it just so happened that back up had arrived in time and they then managed to escape after acquiring some info on their opponents you would be eating your words. This is Akatsuki we are talking about here its not like a chance to capture one of them comes around often.

Anyway I'll say it again because you guys seem to be looking at this from the wrong perspective, they are ninjas and their priority was completing the mission they were given. How would it have looked if in the Sasuke retrieval arc, Shika and his group had retreated just because the sound ninjas were stronger than they were.

DarthEnderX
Thu, 10-09-2008, 11:30 PM
Plus, at its core, this is still a shounen anime. No matter how outclassed you are, there's always a chance someone in your group with unlock a crazy powerup in the middle of battle and win. And with 4 people in the group, that's four times the chances!

They live in a shounen world, where one second your dying and the next "Holy shit, did a demon fox just come out of that guy and kill those dudes! Awesome!" probably happens a couple a month.

lilphatboi88
Fri, 10-10-2008, 12:20 AM
Dude, Asuma should have done his priestess move. The same one that Chiriku has. That has an awesome defense. I'm sure the 4 of them could have set up a better defense instead of implementing some offense into their strategy. All they had to do was wait a little longer and hold out.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Dude, Asuma should have done his priestess move. The same one that Chiriku has. That has an awesome defense. I'm sure the 4 of them could have set up a better defense instead of implementing some offense into their strategy. All they had to do was wait a little longer and hold out.

Chiriku could perform that technique better than anyone. He also had a monastery full of fighting monks. Look what happened to him?

It's pretty much safe to say two Akatsuki were overkill, no matter what they did.

lilphatboi88
Fri, 10-10-2008, 01:15 AM
I'm thinking Chiriku held them off pretty well with it. My point was, even though Asuma's wasn't as good as Chiriku, he had 3 other Chuunin's with him, not to mention Shikamaru.

I'm not sure, but did those monks help fight with Chiriku?

Abdula
Fri, 10-10-2008, 01:18 AM
I'm thinking Chiriku held them off pretty well with it. My point was, even though Asuma's wasn't as good as Chiriku, he had 3 other Chuunin's with him, not to mention Shikamaru.
Is there a point here?

I'm not sure, but did those monks help fight with Chiriku?
I'm sure they didn't all just stand there waiting to get killed.

Anyway I'll say it for the sake of saying it but Asuma shouldn't know that technique but now we get around to my big problem with this arc. Well its not just one problem but we'll get to the rest. Them killing everyone in the temple was without a doubt the biggest slaughter there ever was and ever will be in Naruto, and it happened off screen.:mad:

Kraco
Fri, 10-10-2008, 02:02 AM
That option was not an option which is why I didn't mention it. Like I said before they had a mission to complete. You guys are really whining about this, they are ninjas they had a mission and people die on missions.

I'm happy Asuma dies - it was about the time somebody dies in Naruto after all those people following Sasuke miraculously survived when a couple of them should have died - but I'm pretty sure their mission wasn't to get killed. If they were carrying explosive vests and the mission was to get next to an Akatsuki and then trigger the explosives, then we would have been talking about a mission where dying is what you do.

Should the next episode present real reinforcements arriving and one or both Akatsuki getting killed, then we could say Asuma's decision was to delay the Akatsuki in order for that to happen. But if they both escape, then Asuma's was a fool's errand (assuming your stance of ninja getting killed in impossible battles is proper tactics in Naruto).

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 10-10-2008, 03:25 AM
even if they don't take out hidan or kakuzo as long as one of the three that witnessed the battle survive, Konoha now has a huge amount of info on hidan's abilities, and a little on kakuzo. Where as before they had didly shit on both of them.

Kraco
Fri, 10-10-2008, 04:02 AM
I suppose that's a valid point. A bit steep price to lose the son of the previous Hokage just to get partial information but at least if someone else than Naruto confronts those two next time the information will be extremely valuable (Naruto being too stupid to heed any intel anyway).

lilphatboi88
Sat, 10-11-2008, 01:30 AM
When's the next ep out?

redcat
Sat, 10-11-2008, 03:36 AM
next week

Marik
Sat, 10-11-2008, 03:56 AM
Episode 80 doesn't air until the 16th.

ASSpirine
Sun, 10-12-2008, 08:46 AM
http://ninjanaruto.free.fr/images/484.jpg

We have an overview of the akatsuki's.

lilphatboi88
Sun, 10-12-2008, 12:55 PM
What's the whole goal of Akatsuki again? Join together with other super villains to get more power?

Abdula
Sun, 10-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Its funny you say that since the only power hungry Akatsuki member we've seen so far, at least in my opinion, is Orochimaru and he got kicked out. Anyway you'll see more about Akatsuki's goals pretty soon.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-12-2008, 01:11 PM
What's the whole goal of Akatsuki again? Join together with other super villains to get more power?

All we know is that they're collecting Bijuus.

ASSpirine
Sun, 10-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Bijuus and drinking tea together is my guess :p

But I find the akatsuki one of the best villain (groups) in anime history

Abdula
Sun, 10-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Seriously, its the God Hand then Akatsuki and no other group really comes close. Its a pity we'll never see all of Akatsuki moving collectively but I guess that would just be too much.

Archangel
Sun, 10-12-2008, 05:10 PM

Probably world domination, why else would super powerful bad guys get together?

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-13-2008, 01:07 AM
Circle-jerk?

Anyway, there's only two more Akatsuki's not revealed yet? Huhn. Thought it was more than that.

Oh well. I'm sure they're saving the best for last!

KrayZ33
Mon, 10-13-2008, 03:33 AM
I think they are more Oo

I can't find that guy with the orange mask in the picture for example (or I'm just blind...)

so I wonder if they are others not shown in that picture

Buffalobiian
Mon, 10-13-2008, 03:58 AM
I think they are more Oo

I can't find that guy with the orange mask in the picture for example (or I'm just blind...)

so I wonder if they are others not shown in that picture

Well, that's all the guys who were at the statue when Gaara died. Anybody else would probably be a lackey.

Abdula
Mon, 10-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Yes apparently Akatsuki is quite the organization, obviously. Its not just the 9 nine guys who wear the cloaks, they seem to have plenty of lackeys and underlings too any evil organization needs those. Even the top members seem to be replaceable, we saw the guy with the mask take Sasori's position after he died, and Kakuzu mentioned that he killed his previous partners.

ASSpirine
Mon, 10-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Yes apparently Akatsuki is quite the organization, obviously. Its not just the 9 nine guys who wear the cloaks, they seem to have plenty of lackeys and underlings too any evil organization needs those. Even the top members seem to be replaceable, we saw the guy with that the guy with the mask got Sasori's position after he died, and Kakuzu mentioned that he killed his previous partners.

come again...

I wonder how they recruit new members...

Abdula
Mon, 10-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Uh yeah already edited the post. I'm guessing its the typical villain recruitment process, you make a name for yourself or show that you could be of value to them and they approach you and offer you something you want.

Archangel
Mon, 10-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Basically if you're a S rank criminal and you have an ability that interests the organization they ask you to join. That's my theory anyway.

lilphatboi88
Mon, 10-13-2008, 05:25 PM
I wonder if there's an organization above akatsuki.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Probably not within the 5 Countries.

I'm sure whenever we get to Naruto GT, they'll be some weird lands across the sea where there's some crazypowerful badguys.

ASSpirine
Mon, 10-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Which episode is it that you can see the replacement of Sasori? You don't mean the guy with the weird mask that follows zetsu?

DarthEnderX
Mon, 10-13-2008, 10:49 PM
The guy's name is Tobi.

Kraco
Tue, 10-14-2008, 02:05 AM
Speaking of Akatsuki I can't help but wonder why all the most powerful people in the Naruto universe are evil. Right now Jiraiya is the only good badass (if even that lecher can be called good, but at least he just wanders around harassing women, not killing people).

ASSpirine
Tue, 10-14-2008, 07:21 AM
But Tobi didn't replace Sasori if I'm not mistaken. He merely suggested is as a joke I think. So I'm not sure where Abdula gets his info from.

In my opinion Jiraiya is stronger then Tsunade, all we know she can do is a lot of medical jutsu's and powerful punches and kicks. Not a real ninjutsu user? She hasn't really shown her strenght in jutsu's yet, whilst Jiraiya has.

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-14-2008, 08:11 AM
So I'm not sure where Abdula gets his info from.

I'm guessing you haven't been reading the latest threads.

Yukimura
Tue, 10-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Lol @Buffalobian anyway...

@Kraco: we haven't seen much from any of the other big villages so far besides the Sand, who have certainly demonstrated an impressive ability to suck. However, the fact that ninja's like Hidan and Kakuzu and Kisame and Itachi aren't running their respective villages makes me think there are strong enough ninja in those villages to stop them from just taking over. Naruto has tended to follow the Law of the Conservation of Ninjutsu so an army of mooks shouldn't be enough to stop a single powerful character from taking over a country/villiage pretty much by themselves (see Orochimaru). Thus, it seems the Akatsuki, while powerful, aren't powerful enough to beat out the top brass of the ninja world and just take over. Maybe that's why they want the Bijuu.

Kraco
Tue, 10-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Yeah, it's doubtless the villages will always have the numbers on their side in any case. Even if an Akatsuki mofo could take over a village with a surprise attack, keeping it would be considerably harder. My point was just that it's somewhat unlikely all prodigious people gaining masterful power would become evil super criminals. Although if leaving one's village automatically makes you a renegade, then it might be possible, forcing the hands of all extraordinary talents growing weary of the stiff atmospheres of the villages. However, Tsunade and Jiraiya spent considerable amounts of time who knows where and they were still welcome back.

Archangel
Tue, 10-14-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm sure whenever we get to Naruto GT, they'll be some weird lands across the sea where there's some crazypowerful badguys.

We'll also get to see the 99 tailed beast and a rasengan using the power of love.

redcat
Tue, 10-14-2008, 03:40 PM
naruto ends up making a rasengan using bits of chakra from all the people in the universe with a little help from sasuke and mr satan err jiraiya

Archangel
Tue, 10-14-2008, 03:56 PM
naruto ends up making a rasengan using bits of chakra from all the people in the universe with a little help from sasuke and mr satan err jiraiya

I should neg rep you for comparing naruto to goku

Edit to below: Douchebag

redcat
Tue, 10-14-2008, 05:24 PM
you should kill yourself

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-15-2008, 05:53 AM
We'll also get to see the 99 tailed beast and a rasengan using the power of love.http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=041127

poopdeville
Sat, 10-25-2008, 05:22 AM
Speaking of Akatsuki I can't help but wonder why all the most powerful people in the Naruto universe are evil. Right now Jiraiya is the only good badass (if even that lecher can be called good, but at least he just wanders around harassing women, not killing people).

I think Itachi was poignant about this point: when someone becomes the best, they become arrogant and isolated from others. This can have strong effects, as in the case of Orochimaru, Itachi, Gaara, Sasuke, or even Zabuza. But only because they wanted to know if the power that isolated them from others was worth it. Gaara only got satisfaction from killing. Itachi specifically said he wanted to measure his strength when he killed the Uchiha. There's certainly a tragic theme there.

Another common theme in the series is that hard work can overcome genius. That is to say, if the bad guys don't look really tough, the fight won't be exciting. It's a shounen anime.

Not that I'm complaining. The plot is interesting enough to carry the cliche.