PDA

View Full Version : Voting - Final Round: Time

XanBcoo
Fri, 10-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Sorry for the delay everyone. My life's been kinda hectic lately, but here I present to you the final 4 submissions in the photo contest.

The subject I gave them this round was "Time". Let's see how they did...

Choose wisely.

Voting ends: Friday, October 10th.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-03-2008, 07:04 PM
hard one...
I'll take a chips, and I'll eat it!
I didn't really get the 2nd one, but it's quality is great.
the countdown is just a plain old hit in the emotional guts, (so, Rena is going to be a December girl?)
time doesn't wait is good idea, it'll work really good with scary music...

overall choice, however, goes to the photo I thought had high marks in both idea and quality.

it's a really good final round, truly champions.

Board of Command
Fri, 10-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Potato chips. Every time.

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Can anyone make out the machine in #4?

edit:

I didn't really get the 2nd one, but it's quality is great.

The title reads "The clock struck first"

It's a pun on the clock striking 1 o'clock, and the Clock winning against the chook in a duel.

Why a chook?

Psyke
Fri, 10-03-2008, 11:04 PM
I love the Deathnote one! :)

Buffalobiian
Fri, 10-03-2008, 11:13 PM
The Clock Struck First takes my vote.

Nice play on words, simplistic, yet thoughtful. Lighting does well enough, and I like the vibrant colours.

I find that all entries this round had a good concept, which is what this contest has been mostly about IMO. Well done everyone!

KoKo37
Fri, 10-03-2008, 11:51 PM
All the entry's in this round were pretty solid in my opinion, all four concepts were nicely done.

With that said, for me it was between The Clock Struck 1st and Time Waits for None, and I ended up going with The Clock Struck 1st. Good play on words, and the lighting and execution of it was top notch.

I admit I did get a grin on my face from the Death Note one though, having Light saying "I'll take a potato chip... and eat it!" in my head from having just watched the clip in the Funny Videos thread yesterday helps that :D.

Kraco
Sat, 10-04-2008, 02:03 AM
The Clock Struck 1st has a solid concept and simple execution, with nothing extra in the pic, and I like that. Though I can't help but wonder if the choice of the loser plays some significance or if the duck is just a random victim.

masamuneehs
Sun, 10-05-2008, 05:16 AM
The Clock Struck First. Good idea, brilliant execution, and it even looks clean (the blood pools and the all white background help make this look as professional as anything i've seen in this contest so far).

re-creating anime moments just doesn't do it for me. The preggers one is too simple for me too. I think with some better lighting and a different time piece going out the door (that's what it is, right?) the last one would be the best. The calenders and hand are a nice touch, but the dangling cord and the fact that we can't really tell it's a clock leaving really hurt.

(part of why The Clock Struck First is so good, you look at the standard, old style clock and you immediately think of time as a major theme in the photo. We don't need to be told 'the theme is time', we don't even need a title)

XanBcoo
Mon, 10-06-2008, 12:45 PM
For me it was a decision between The Clock Stuck First and Time Waits for No one.

40 seconds seems to have just taken Psyke's idea from Round 3 and applied it to "Time".

Psyke's entry seems like he just kind of took it out of a set of pre-existing pictures, which is a shame, because I think all of his other entries have been my favorite each round.

Struck First is clearly the most visually appealing. Excellent composition.

I voted for Time Waits because I loved the concept, even if the execution fell a little flat. Also I think it deserved at least one vote.

Psyke
Mon, 10-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Psyke's entry seems like he just kind of took it out of a set of pre-existing pictures, which is a shame, because I think all of his other entries have been my favorite each round.

You saw right through me. Was kinda lazy but I did set up the scene deliberately. It's my wife's favorite picture of all the rounds (surprise surprise), so she's already declared me the winner (in her eyes). :D

Actually, I wanted to think of something anime related but sadly nothing came up.....

Buffalobiian
Tue, 10-07-2008, 08:02 AM
Well now that there's a clear winner, identity doesn't matter anymore.

I was completely without inspiration this time round. Some of the fantasies I had were physically impossible.

So I stole Psyke's idea :p

Can't wait to find out who struck first :)

KitKat
Tue, 10-07-2008, 10:41 AM
I also liked 'The Clock Struck First' the best out of this selection. Since it is going to win, I voted for my second favourite. 'Counting Down' just makes me happy whenever I look at it.