Franky-House

MegaUpload - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6IQ3A67H

LegACy

MediaFire - http://www.mediafire.com/?m25o9y05cgy

SendSpace - http://www.sendspace.com/file/m5dhsb

Enjoy and discuss.

animus
Fri, 10-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Lol @ looking up at the sky when she looks down on people.

Edit: I was confused at the last phrase so I downloaded both chapters. They both had the exact same last phrase which is grammatically incorrect and confusing. "You Looked! How about the turning into stone...?!" I'm still skeptical what that means. Does she ponder why Luffy isn't turning into stone? Or is she trying to say, "Do you want to turn to stone?" The chapter's are almost exactly carbon copies of eachother's translation.

Do they just find a translation someone does and just typeset it differently between the groups?

I wonder if the whole, "You saw me naked, now take responsibility" cliche is gonna be used here.

boilerph
Fri, 10-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Well looks she is definitely not going to offer any assistance to Luffy. Thanks to this chapter I'm going to spend the next week saying" what's on her back?" over and over again like a 5 year old on a road trip.

Assertn
Fri, 10-03-2008, 01:46 PM
She's definitely utterly villainous, but i suppose if luffy is somehow immune to her back, then all her attacks will be futile on him...or maybe the curse is a bluff and something else is on her back.

I was thinking earlier today about the ultimatum the vice admiral gave Hancock. Clearly, a decision will be made in 2 days, and will most likely be based on her encounter with Luffy.

Either she will...
1) ignore the deadline
2) return to decline the request
3) return to accept the request

I imagine 2 would only occur if she ends up allying with Luffy, although I don't see that happening. Option 1 could also occur under those circumstances, or it could occur if the Amazons are in a state where they CAN'T return (ie. are all defeated, ships are destroyed, or Luffy takes the snake seakings, etc.). I'm sure Luffy wouldnt be able to take on an island of female warriors on his own, nor would he even want to, since they saved his life...however I can see a situation like him fleeing with their ship or accidentally destroying their ships.

I think my ideal result would be her accepting the request, but due to her confrontation with Luffy, she decides to betray the world government during the war.

LaZie
Fri, 10-03-2008, 02:19 PM
Maybe Arlong's tattoo is on her back? :p

boilerph
Fri, 10-03-2008, 03:20 PM
I'm thinking it is another pirate crew's tattoo on her back but I'm thinking more Whitebeard level. I think the old lady will be the one who helps Luffy get off the island. Maybe Boa will turn him to stone but that old lady will know how to reverse it.

Death13a
Fri, 10-03-2008, 03:26 PM
As for Boa's back i think we were already explained what it is and why no one allowed to see it. I think Boa thinks at that moment that ]Luffy is a amazon and she(luffy) has deathwish by seeing the curse. I really hope we learn something about biggest mystery (well to me) that is about D.

As for late late empress she probably was with Roger's pirates as she still very agile at her age must mean that she was Very powerfull at her youth and she just shrugged off Boa's attack ( i am sure she meant to turn her into stone) while VA was on his knees and had to stub himself.

edit:

She knows Luffy is a guy....she exclaims on the last page "A MAN??"

oops missed that but i still think her current anger is that Luffy saw her back as she strikes as person that wants people to see her skin as much as possible (without being nude). If it was just regular tattoo she would take bath with her sisters or at least have someone trusted to take care of her.

Assertn
Fri, 10-03-2008, 03:53 PM
She knows Luffy is a guy....she exclaims on the last page "A MAN??"

Carnage
Fri, 10-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Whatever is on her back, it's going to be the most obscure yet clever reference to something we've seen before in the series but have not payed close attention too. You know it to be true.

Assertn
Fri, 10-03-2008, 04:59 PM
It would be extremely interesting if it turns out to be the whitebeard tattoo

poopdeville
Sat, 10-04-2008, 12:25 AM
So you get petrified if you see her naked. I'm not surprised, that's just natural.

Anyway, the Empress is Luffy's mom. She'll teach him to use haki.

conquistaDan
Sat, 10-04-2008, 12:32 AM
It would be extremely interesting if it turns out to be the whitebeard tattooI don't see that happening and I'd love to see you try and explain that one. They're just eyes. And the WB tattoo is a smiling skull with a moustache and a cross. Unless you're talking about the Medusa head tattoo or something else. I don't really see where you could going with that.

I actually didn't take anything good or decent from this chapter. I mean, what significant even happened? Luffy met the final shichibukai. Big whoop. I don't see anything important coming out of this. The only interesting thing I see coming out of this is the fact that might join the fight later on. Right now though she is being a total and complete bitch to everyone. I kind of hope Oda doesn't make her join the fight so he can have the Marines take the title away from her and we get another strong pirate as a candidate for a new shichibukai member. That's what I want to see happening from all of this.

One a side note: I don't think that WB's captains and men are going to fall victim to her beauty or power. They're too focused on beating the warlords and getting Ace back to their crew. Plus, I think they're just too strong. Only some of them won't be able to stop her power. The leaders of the divisions, like Marco and Joz, should be fine in the fight. I really don't see why Oda made her a warlord. She can freeze people yes, in mass amounts yes. However, that is only affective on men, and weak men seems like. So idk we'll have to see what she can do. Actually, we'll have to see most of the shichibukai can do in a serious all out fight against powerful guys.

conquistaDan
Sat, 10-04-2008, 12:32 AM
It would be extremely interesting if it turns out to be the whitebeard tattooI don't see that happening and I'd love to see you try and explain that one. They're just eyes. And the WB tattoo is a smiling skull with a moustache and a cross. Unless you're talking about the Medusa head tattoo or something else. I don't really see where you could going with that.

I actually didn't take anything good or decent from this chapter. I mean, what significant even happened? Luffy met the final shichibukai. Big whoop. I don't see anything important coming out of this. The only interesting thing I see coming out of this is the fact that might join the fight later on. Right now though she is being a total and complete bitch to everyone. I kind of hope Oda doesn't make her join the fight so he can have the Marines take the title away from her and we get another strong pirate as a candidate for a new shichibukai member. That's what I want to see happening from all of this.

One a side note: I don't think that WB's captains and men are going to fall victim to her beauty or power. They're too focused on beating the warlords and getting Ace back to their crew. Plus, I think they're just too strong. Only some of them won't be able to stop her power. The leaders of the divisions, like Marco and Joz, should be fine in the fight. I really don't see why Oda made her a warlord. She can freeze people yes, in mass amounts yes. However, that is only affective on men, and weak men seems like. So idk we'll have to see what she can do. Actually, we'll have to see most of the shichibukai can do in a serious all out fight against powerful guys.

Abdula
Sat, 10-04-2008, 12:38 AM
How many accounts do you have Dan?

Assertn
Sat, 10-04-2008, 12:57 AM
I don't see that happening and I'd love to see you try and explain that one. They're just eyes. And the WB tattoo is a smiling skull with a moustache and a cross. Unless you're talking about the Medusa head tattoo or something else. I don't really see where you could going with that.
I'm suggesting that she's lying about the eyes. Luffy hasn't turned to stone yet, so either those eyes don't exist or Luffy has an immunity for some reason.

conquistaDan
Sat, 10-04-2008, 01:05 AM
I'm suggesting that she's lying about the eyes. Luffy hasn't turned to stone yet, so either those eyes don't exist or Luffy has an immunity for some reason. Thats what I was thinking. I think he has an immunity to it. Oda wouldn't make the amazons tell a story about the empress, then lie about it. So I think Luffy has an immunity to it of some kind.

@Abdula: four. I have four accounts. And if you're wondering why and where 3 others came from, blame the moderators on the site, as well as then people giving me neg reps.

animus
Sat, 10-04-2008, 01:28 AM
You remake accounts cause of neg rep? How much do you have over 4 accounts?

I bet it doesn't come anywhere near as close as Mizuchi, combined.

conquistaDan
Sat, 10-04-2008, 01:52 AM
You remake accounts cause of neg rep? How much do you have over 4 accounts?

No. I remake accounts because I have too. I either get banned and can't come back for up to two weeks, or I get so much neg rep, I just want to make another one where no one knows me from that point onward. So I can start fresh. I just want some greens but I guess I'm not very good at getting them with my witty remarks. I guess they're too long or something I don't know anymore. I give up.

Munsu
Sat, 10-04-2008, 07:42 AM
Lol, 2 down... I guess 2 more to go? Or maybe they're banned already.

Anyways, keep the OP discussion going

TwisT
Sat, 10-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Well i'm with Assertn on this one. Either it's immunity or it's a lie. No one has ever seen them so they only tell the story that the Empress herself has told. And why wouldn't she be able to tell a lie. And i think it's a big fat lie. She obviously wants to hide whatever is on her back. And we know that she can turn people to stone without showing them her back. So i'm guessing that's her fruit power and not a Gorgons curse. Assertn's idea is actually plausible. She might be or have been a pirate for WB and she tries to hide it so the other women won't know that she has/is been ruled by a man since i don't think that would fly with the amazons.

I can't actually think of anything else that it could be except a pirate symbol.

Munsu
Sat, 10-04-2008, 09:39 AM
I'm pretty sure that turning people into stone because of what is on her back is a lie. I think it has to do with it tarnishing her "beauty" and doesn't want anyone to see whatever it is.

As plot progress goes, I think Luffy and her will team up, and she'll hide Luffy in her ship while she accepts the request to witness Ace's execution. That's how Luffy will sneak in to save him.

animus
Sat, 10-04-2008, 09:58 AM
No. I remake accounts because I have too. I either get banned and can't come back for up to two weeks, or I get so much neg rep, I just want to make another one where no one knows me from that point onward. So I can start fresh. I just want some greens but I guess I'm not very good at getting them with my witty remarks. I guess they're too long or something I don't know anymore. I give up.

I think it's safe to say that if you're getting reds with your "witty remarks", they're not actually quite witty, huh?

Abdula
Sat, 10-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Lol, 2 down... I guess 2 more to go? Or maybe they're banned already.

Anyways, keep the OP discussion going
Please tell me this wasn't your 10000th post, kind of a waste huh. Rather anticlimactic.

I'm with you guys though the whole sea monster putting a curse on them thing seems bogus and she obviously doesn't need to show people her back to turn them to stone. I don't want to see her helping Luffy though or anyone else for that matter, doesn't fit her character and that old lady seems to be right up Luffy's alley.

Carnage
Sat, 10-04-2008, 01:04 PM
It's obviously a lie. We haven't seen the eyes anywhere else in the series, and Luffy is probably talking about something we the readers have seen somewhere in these 517 chapters.

Munsu
Sat, 10-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Please tell me this wasn't your 10000th post, kind of a waste huh. Rather anticlimactic.

I'm with you guys though the whole sea monster putting a curse on them thing seems bogus and she obviously doesn't need to show people her back to turn them to stone. I don't want to see her helping Luffy though or anyone else for that matter, doesn't fit her character and that old lady seems to be right up Luffy's alley.

Well, I didn't notice this was the case, but no... it wasn't my 10,000th post.

About Luffy and Boa, well she doesn't really need to help him out of the goodness of her heart. It can be a mutually beneficial thing.

An alternative is that she might capture Luffy as a Shichibukai. We also know she doesn't want to participate in the war, but at the same time she wants to keep her Shichibukai title, so maybe with Luffy she can figure out a way to accomplish it.

boilerph
Sat, 10-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Maybe it's a symbol for Vegapunk or something else indicating that she has some cyborg parts. That would be something worthy of concocting a massive story to cover-up. The more I think about the more it just doesn't seem she would get this worked up over a Pirate tattoo that she could have just had retouched like Nami did. Another possibility would be it is something that proves that her prized beauty isn't real.

6Zabuza9
Sun, 10-05-2008, 12:18 AM
man, after some thought, wouldn't it be crazy if boa hancock was luffy's mom?

Assertn
Sun, 10-05-2008, 04:09 AM
Supposedly amazon women can only give birth to females, though.

Dark Dragon
Sun, 10-05-2008, 04:20 AM

This can only lead to one conclusion: Luffy is actually female.

But seriously

I've been going back to previous chapters to try and figure out what could be on Boa back but nothing came up so far.

I would've guess that it was a scar she got from battling the Gorgon and was afraid to show people because it ruin her "beautiful" image but since a frame was dedicated to Luffy noticing the mark from somewhere suggest that it's not that simple.

animus
Sun, 10-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Maybe she has Skypiea wings! Just an out of the blue guess.

Death13a
Sun, 10-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Maybe she has Skypiea wings! Just an out of the blue guess.

I thought about it but Skypiea wings can be seen from front. so whatever on her back is something from Luffy's past, as he was saying when he got on island that it reminded him of his Garp's training in jungle.

Assertn
Sun, 10-05-2008, 01:33 PM
The last time we were guessing about what from Luffy's past does he recognize, it turned out to be Sanji's poorly-drawn face.

Just sayin'

animus
Sun, 10-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Haha, maybe it's that same face tatooed on her back!

poopdeville
Sun, 10-05-2008, 03:01 PM

Says who? An Amazon? She wouldn't have even had a chance to see a man, let alone get pregnant. Their kids have to come from somewhere, and it's probably the Pirate Empress and her crew. My guess is that they ditch the boys, just like the Amazons of western mythology.

Assertn
Sun, 10-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Says who? An Amazon? She wouldn't have even had a chance to see a man, let alone get pregnant. Their kids have to come from somewhere, and it's probably the Pirate Empress and her crew. My guess is that they ditch the boys, just like the Amazons of western mythology.
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/515/02-03/
Reread that page.

Carnage
Mon, 10-06-2008, 04:38 PM
I heard that Oda will be switching in and out with Togashi for 10 week cycles of releasing chapters. I hope this is not true.

Marik
Mon, 10-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I read that too. Highly disappointing if it turns out to be true. The anime will have to start pumping out more fillers. :(

Edit: I just read this.

Oh my stars! Don't I feel quite silly.

After further investigation, the '10 week cycle' reference was made by someone else completely as a snide remark poking fun at Togashi's often on and off scheduling of Hunter, but dressed it up as to imitate a very trusted source (as if he were making the comment) and indicated Oda would take the series in a similiar direction. I clumsy mistook that as the trusted source relaying Oda's upcoming message.

What I can say for sure, Oda will have some sort of message at the end of this week's chapter, and then the series will be off the following week. Which has led to 'unfounded' speculation that Oda might be taking a longer than usual break.

Nothing of the nature of this message is known, and the break appears to be totally routine.

Sorry for this huge misunderstanding. Hope I didn't put anyone in an early grave. ORZ