PDA

View Full Version : Toradora!

Pages : [1] 2

Ryllharu
Thu, 10-02-2008, 04:41 PM
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/7595/9759so2.jpg Based off the light novel series.

Toradora!'s story begins with the male protagonist Ryuuji Takasu who is frustrated at trying to look his best as he enters his second year of high school. Despite his gentle personality, he has a natural outer-appearance which makes him look like an intimidating delinquent so he is utterly hopeless about his chances of getting a girlfriend anytime soon, and does not have many close friends either.

After being greeted by his hungover mother in the morning, Ryuuji goes to school and is happy to find that he gets to be in the same class as his best friend, Yūsaku Kitamura, and crush, Minori Kushieda. However, it is then that he unexpectedly knocks into "the school's most dangerous animal of the highest risk level" — Taiga Aisaka — who just happens to also be in his class.
[description courtesy of mangaupdates]

The series stars, surprise, Rie Kugimiya (Shana, ZnT, FMA) as Taiga and Junji Mjima (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, Goshūshō-sama Ninomiya-kun) as Ryuuji. It also features Yui Horie, Ai Nonaka, Rie Tanaka, Eri Kitamura (Blood+, Minami-ke), Sayaka Ohara (Geass, ARIA), and Hirofumi Nojima (RahXephon, ARIA).

First episode out by gg:
Toradora! 01 [gg] (h264) (http://ggkthx.org/Torrents/[gg]_Toradora_-_01_[E2AF98B5].mkv.torrent)

EDIT:

Content aside, while I enjoyed the slightly more evil version of Rie Kugimiya characters, what I really liked was the surprise (to me) appearance of Rie Tanaka as their teacher. Her fearful, high-speed monologue about it not being her place to tell Ryuuji what do with his life or even give him advice has me greatly amused. That and the disgusting bird.

oyabun
Thu, 10-02-2008, 08:09 PM
Yes! Here's the start of the new anime season. thanks!

animus
Thu, 10-02-2008, 11:08 PM
I have to say I'm not used to Kugimiya Rie's non-loli voice.

I read the chapters awhile back and it reminded me of the Angel Densetsu manga (Ryuuji's scary eyes->scary face).

oyabun
Fri, 10-03-2008, 01:00 AM
She's still loli to me hehe. Her voice kinda gets tiring though, Shana, Louise and now this. But I like how the characters are slightly different. Usually the Protagonist crush aside from the main girl is timid, shy and boring, now we get an outgoing one.

David75
Fri, 10-03-2008, 08:28 AM
She's still loli to me hehe. Her voice kinda gets tiring though, Shana, Louise and now this. But I like how the characters are slightly different. Usually the Protagonist crush aside from the main girl is timid, shy and boring, now we get an outgoing one.

Exactly, a lot of the basic script is identical to Zero no Tsukaïma I hope it get interresting in the next episodes.

Yukimura
Fri, 10-03-2008, 10:30 AM
Pretty funny first episode, I'm not used to seeing wrathful loli's cold cocking people for the egregious crime of bumping into them in a crowded hallway. But hearing the Louise-voice say Baka and Inu reminds me strongly of ZnT which I would rather just forget at this point.

Anyway, I've heard some scattered reports (from light novel readers with loose tounges) that it doesn't quite go in the same direction as ZnT does in terms of character development. They do both like other people starting out so I'm hoping this means the story tries something different and actually lets the leads pursue their original love interests instead of falling for each other and turning into a Tsundere and man-bitch.

animus
Fri, 10-03-2008, 12:15 PM
I doubt it'd turn out that way. The name of the anime is Toradora. Tora (Tiger) and Dora (Doragon, their engrish way of saying Dragon). Which means it's highly highly likely they end up with each other.

Yukimura
Fri, 10-03-2008, 03:10 PM
All that the name actually implies is that the main characters (Tora and Dora) are going to interact on some level. The only thing supporting the notion that they'll end up abandoning their pre-established crushes and falling in love with one another is the fact that it's happened so much in previous stories.

If it does happen in this series then it'll be nothing but a Lovely Complex rip off replacing abnormal height with abnormal intimidation ability as the gimmick linking the protagonists. I'd like to keep hoping that we can expect more from series in this genre than a rehash of the same old story with different characters.

Kraco
Fri, 10-03-2008, 04:43 PM
I'd like to keep hoping that we can expect more from series in this genre than a rehash of the same old story with different characters.

That's a bold hope...

I wish the dude actually was a bit more of a badass, and didn't only look like one. It'd be sad if he becomes completely subjugated by the Palm Tiger.

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-03-2008, 07:24 PM
From the looks of things, while Taiga certainly ordered him around in this episode, it looks like she's completely incompetent at her attempts to confess her love. It's possible that with his self-proclaimed experience of making mix tapes and other creepy things one does to attract a girl during the 1980s, that he'll be the one ordering around the extremely nervous Taiga in matters of love.

The series will probably end up some really confusing mix of our standard Rie Kugimiya tsundere series and something like a reverse Koukou Debut (http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=542). I think calling it a rehash of Lovely Complex is a bit premature, though I understand where that view might stem from.

narutosharingan
Sun, 10-05-2008, 10:04 PM
There is also a sub by Mayu-Genjo. Are they any good?

KrayZ33
Mon, 10-06-2008, 09:12 AM
That's a bold hope...

I wish the dude actually was a bit more of a badass, and didn't only look like one. It'd be sad if he becomes completely subjugated by the Palm Tiger.

well actually he is a bit of a badass...at least he doesn't lose to the Palm Tiger when it comes to bare strength (see the fight with the sword etc ^^), If

I like that guy alot and I hope he will envolve a strong personality and not someone who is acting like a slave later and keeps getting hit by the girl... he reminds me a bit of Kyon from Melancholy of Haruhi, nice to the girl, yet totally annoyed by her and he is acting very mature for his age (it looks like he is taking care of everything in the house and could live on his own without a problem). Again... like Kyon. In the moment I think it is a lot like Melancholy of Haruhi just with a bigger "love-complex"

first episode was very funny and since I haven't seen ZnT yet I can't compare it to that like you guys, but I wouldn't mind seeing the 2 fall for each other in the end
I actually prefer it if it ends a bit like in KimiKiss Pure Rouge (or Melancholy of Haruhi)

Death BOO Z
Mon, 10-06-2008, 06:23 PM
It seemed kinda nice, I like it.
decent characters personalities, some romance, some slice of life, doesn't shove the humor too much.

and I can understand the feeling of having a scary face (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?p=395762&postcount=1982)

but this better not turn into a ZnT clone.

KrayZ33
Tue, 10-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Hmmm I actually wonder if it really is a romance-comedy anime or more of a slice of life comedy like Minami-ke now after I rewatched the first episode.

I can't imagine Taiga standing next to someone out of her class.... the difference in their height is really huge... it's not only because she is small, but she is _extremely_ small.
I doubt that it can get a bit more serious, even if they wanted to (for example during a confession scene or something like that)

Marik
Fri, 10-10-2008, 01:29 AM
Episode 2

gg - http://ggkthx.org/Torrents/%5Bgg%5D_Toradora_-_02_%5B0F4618AB%5D.mkv.torrent

Also a message from gg.

Translation Notes.

Toradora episode 2 has proven that J.C.Staff is able to channel the works of Yuyuko Takemiya properly. We didn’t want to spam the episode with text, so here’s me trying to explain:

Kitamura is being called Maruo by his classmates. This is because he really looks like Suneo Maruo from Chibi Maruko-chan, a typical nice-guy class leader type of person. You can hear Kihara (orange-haired girl) be all giddy about it, even when Kitamura wants them to stop calling him it. I think Yuyuko really likes Maruko-chan.

Minorin is tossing the basketball with 8 fingers, no thumbs, for some odd reason. While researching this I came over the character Satonaka Satoru from the anime and manga Dokaben. He has this pitch he does where he doesn’t use his thumb… and this in baseball. Minoris obsession with baseball blends in here as she’s trying to emulate the Satoru-ball, as it is called, with a basketball. And failed at it, too.

animus
Fri, 10-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Link's dead for me.

Marik
Fri, 10-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Their site seems to be down, it's not loading at all. I downloaded the ep last night, so it wa s there.

KrayZ33
Fri, 10-10-2008, 09:15 AM
Haha... I like the OP and that techno music during the "chase"

but for some reason everything happened a bit to fast imho and I'm confused about why the confession failed?
What wasn't clear for him when she said she loves him!? Even after she said that she and Ryuji are not together.
It's actually very hard to find out the characters feelings at the moment and everything looked a bit like
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8383/image16mr1.th.gif (http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=image16mr1.gif)http://img208.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif (http://g.imageshack.us/thpix.php)
to me

I can see that Taiga and Ryuji have similiar problems because they are always so misunderstood by their classmates but I'd never thought that they develop such a good freindship so fast.

David75
Fri, 10-10-2008, 09:41 AM
gg's site is down as of yet.
Alternative source from mininova:
[gg] Toradora - 02 [0F4618AB] mkv 209Mb @ Mininova (http://www.mininova.org/tor/1894717)

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-10-2008, 04:08 PM
They really went through a lot of material, stupid stunts, confessions, misunderstandings, etc. Still, frankly, this episode was quite slow. I found myself getting a little bit bored at the end. The episode was kind of unfocused. I can't really think of all that much to really say about this episode.

I do like that the OP is different from the usual jpop we get in most series like this.

animus
Fri, 10-10-2008, 05:15 PM
That blue haired girl in the OP looks like Chidori from FMP.

Decent episode I guses.

KrayZ33
Fri, 10-10-2008, 05:29 PM
@ ryl
ya the op is great and as I said the techno music was fun to hear too!

I read on 4 chan that ep1 covered 2 chapters of the manga
and ep 2 covered *8*.
I think that's the reason why I felt a bit confused..

I don't agree with
this episode was quite slow though.
Hmmm at what moment are you thinking there?

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-10-2008, 05:57 PM
I mean for all that was going on in the first third of the episode (something like 4 or 5 chapters there) the latter portion of the episode felt really drawn out. I found myself losing interest in the remainder of the episode for some reason. It was drawn out and slow, and the disjointed nature of the early part of the episode made the latter half suffer.

Re-reading what I just wrote, it's not something I can easily explain, but it didn't really feel like the latter half of the episode went anywhere. The whole lampost-to-confession-to-ditching school just felt...slow.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the series, but I did in fact read the manga adaptation of the material covered by this episode (they changed a lot) and the pacing here just felt...off.

(I stopped reading the manga around here, having learned that the anime was coming out soon, I figured I'd enjoy this version more.)

KrayZ33
Fri, 10-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Hmm, I for me it was the opposite...
I liked the first half but the later part, when Taiga failed to give him her cookies everything began to be a bit too fast paced..

the misunderstanding with their classmates which came up in this episode, was cleared like 5 minutes later..
I personally expected it to hold a lot longer :/ (I was hoping for some funny misunderstandings there ^^)
and that was the starting point where everything went haywire imho. (however it was still enjoyable enough)

btw... the manga's only up to like ~12 chapters right?
I saved it on my comp for safety ^^ (wheter I read it or not depends on how this anime turns out :))
So do you happen to know if the manga is close(r) to the Light Novel?

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Of what I have read of both, it seems to be, but I can't be too sure, I didn't read very far into the novels, for the same reason I stopped with the manga.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-10-2008, 09:28 PM
I agree with you guys, the later half of the episode was just stalling for time.
I think that the series is more fitted to 10 minutes episodes.
I still like it, though, it's nice to see someone in the animeverse able to clear out a misunderstanding by simply explaining it. it gives hope.

S_WarriorDark
Sat, 10-11-2008, 02:15 AM
its amazing really i cant seem to find a decent suber for this funny series at all, nearly everygroup ive found that did it had terrible grammer and horrible sentence structure its saddening, the only one that id give a passing grade to is paradyms sub to it they did an awsome job but they didnt do the ED for the series, i wish a more reputable subber will pick up this awsome series

But on a side note im loving how clannad AS is turning out though this should of been posted in the right forum >.<

Don't double post, use the edit button.
-Kraco

Dark Dragon
Sat, 10-11-2008, 03:48 AM
its amazing really i cant seem to find a decent suber for this funny series at all, nearly everygroup ive found that did it had terrible grammer and horrible sentence structure its saddening, the only one that id give a passing grade to is paradyms sub to it they did an awsome job but they didnt do the ED for the series, i wish a more reputable subber will pick up this awsome series

But on a side note im loving how clannad AS is turning out though this should of been posted in the right forum >.<

Don't double post, use the edit button.
-Kraco

Did you download the releases by GG? from the two episodes I've watched their work is great. I don't see the importance of grammar and sentences structures in subs where most of the conversations are 1-2 lines but whatever float your boat i suppose. As far as being "reputable" GG did a great job with Code Geass and i don't see any reason why they wouldn't do a great job with this one as well.

edit: oh and this is a manga pic of taiga face after ryuji conversation with her near the end of the episode

http://musashi.nyaatorrents.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/toradora11.png

S_WarriorDark
Sat, 10-11-2008, 04:10 AM
Did you download the releases by GG? from the two episodes I've watched their work is great. I don't see the importance of grammar and sentences structures in subs where most of the conversations are 1-2 lines but whatever float your boat i suppose. As far as being "reputable" GG did a great job with Code Geass and i don't see any reason why they wouldn't do a great job with this one as well.

edit: oh and this is a manga pic of taiga face after ryuji conversation with her near the end of the episode

http://musashi.nyaatorrents.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/toradora11.png

well id give them about a B- for their work they arent too bad but just a little more effort they could be alot better so atm im making due with their stuff but would love to see more effort put into it

David75
Sat, 10-11-2008, 04:12 AM
well id give them about a B- for their work they arent too bad but just a little more effort they could be alot better so atm im making due with their stuff but would love to see more effort put into it

You must have nice skills in Japanese then.
Care to tell us about your background?

S_WarriorDark
Sat, 10-11-2008, 04:15 AM
im not talking about their translation ability im concerned with their terrible grammer they use, seriously hate sub groups that try and use new term slang in their subs its just painful

Dark Dragon
Sat, 10-11-2008, 04:19 AM
im not talking about their translation ability im concerned with their terrible grammer they use, seriously hate sub groups that try and use new term slang in their subs its just painful

Ah, then you should offer them some advice on how they can improve their "grammer" to reach your impeccable level.

David75
Sat, 10-11-2008, 04:24 AM

reading speed is inferior to hearing comprehension.
And you don't have much space on screen.
Plus we're dealing with angry teenagers that have their own language. It's only natural to create words to mimic their behaviour and what they usually do.
There's more to a translation than just grammar rules.

Kraco
Sat, 10-11-2008, 04:27 AM
Seriously, S_WarriorDark, if you didn't sound so serious I'd think you are joking. Every post by you so far has been riddled with more spelling and grammar issues than I'd make in a score of posts, and English isn't even my native language. You should pay more attention to your own writing before you begin to bitch about the language and efforts of a decent group like gg.

Anyway, pacing aside, the last portion of this second episode redeemed Toradora a little in my mind as I was having already serious issues with Taiga's attitude. I can't stand such extreme tsunderes very well, I reckon. It pisses me off how Ryuuji selflessly helps Taiga time after time yet gets nothing but bitching in return. And then the girl is all sweet and humble in front of her love interest. I have nothing against normal tsundere characters but this was getting a bit ridiculous. Fortunately she treated him a little better in some scenes of this episode already.

S_WarriorDark
Sat, 10-11-2008, 04:34 AM
reading speed is inferior to hearing comprehension.
And you don't have much space on screen.
Plus we're dealing with angry teenagers that have their own language. It's only natural to create words to mimic their behaviour and what they usually do.
There's more to a translation than just grammar rules.

which i more than understand that fact, as for reading speed I must say that reading subs has vastly improved my reading ability and speed. Just as more and more the years go by we get more and more kids with a terrible reading ability( 1 major reason why i hate local colleges too many morons who cant read) and creating words to mimic behavior is getting out of hand. But as I said they do a fair job but with a bit more effort they can be like eclipse, or even shinsen

David75
Sat, 10-11-2008, 05:02 AM
which i more than understand that fact, as for reading speed I must say that reading subs has vastly improved my reading ability and speed. Just as more and more the years go by we get more and more kids with a terrible reading ability( 1 major reason why i hate local colleges too many morons who cant read) and creating words to mimic behavior is getting out of hand. But as I said they do a fair job but with a bit more effort they can be like eclipse, or even shinsen

Not behavior, real way of talking. They try to adapt the very freedom those teens use with their own language. Got it?
How would you translate japanese slang? with english slang.
Those kids create new words, when translating, you have to remain true to the orginal, to the spirit. So you create words too...

KrayZ33
Sat, 10-11-2008, 07:29 AM
I can't tell a single difference between GG, Eclipse and Shinsen...
only that GG use cusses more often.

Ok, ok, my english is not the best.. but I don't think that really matters here.

I've got FSN from Eclipse, Code Geass from Eclipse *and* GG (and I didn't even notice that I switched to GG), Kaze no Stigma and Sword of the Stranger from Shinsen...

they all sound the same to me, but GG is alot faster than the others and unlike some other subgroups, GG is also translating exclamation-words.

but in fact I can't even tell decent sub groups apart in general. It doesn't matter wheter it's Ayako, BSS, KAA, Ayu, WF, Saizen or Central Anime...

as I said the only difference with GG and maybe DB is that they are very fast and use swear-words sometimes. For example "Don't fuck with me!", while other groups would translate it as "Don't mess with me"... and to be honest I'd prefer GG's translation if it's a character like Taiga for example

The only problems I have with their translations sometimes is in the OP or ED, but I think that's because the songtext is just a bit weird. The OP of ToraDora! is the perfect example for that. I understand what the song wants to tell me, but I don't really get all the metaphors etc ^^

animus
Sat, 10-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Shinsen is pretty standard, and almost always releases in SD.

Marik
Thu, 10-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Toradora​_-​_03[h264][848x480][Aero].mkv (http://www.datorrents.com/download/40342-toradora-03-h264-848x480-aero-mkv/) - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W25IW3D7)

Toradora​_-​_03[h264][848x480][Aero].mp4 (Hard Subbed) (http://www.datorrents.com/download/40350-toradora-03-h264-848x480-aero-mp4) - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V44568PR)

MFauli
Thu, 10-16-2008, 10:07 AM
saw first 2 episodes, really nice. though the story seems a bit forced...the main character and Taiga fit together so perfectly, and both of them know that (at least their thoughts and facial expressions gave me that impression).

now we&#180;re seeing 20 episodes of them not realizing that, eh?

narutosharingan
Fri, 10-17-2008, 12:26 AM
There is also a sub by Mayu-Genjo. Are they any good?

Anyone? I mainly ask because my computer is too slow to play gg...I'll have to upgrade one of these days

I enjoy overly aggressive female characters like Taiga, but I find it quite funny that she's incompetent most simple issues.

David75
Fri, 10-17-2008, 12:32 AM
Anyone? I mainly ask because my computer is too slow to play gg...I'll have to upgrade one of these days

I enjoy overly aggressive female characters like Taiga, but I find it quite funny that she's incompetent most simple issues.

Try to get your hands on CoreAvc, that may help

Marik
Fri, 10-17-2008, 09:56 AM
[gg]​_Toradora​_-​_03​_[EE3CA362].mkv (http://ggkthx.org/Torrents/%5Bgg%5D_Toradora_-_03_%5BEE3CA362%5D.mkv.torrent) - Translaton Notes (http://blog.ilif.in/2008/10/17/toradora-episode-3-translation-notes)

David75
Fri, 10-17-2008, 12:59 PM
[gg]​_Toradora​_-​_03​_[EE3CA362].mkv (http://ggkthx.org/Torrents/%5Bgg%5D_Toradora_-_03_%5BEE3CA362%5D.mkv.torrent) - Translaton Notes (http://blog.ilif.in/2008/10/17/toradora-episode-3-translation-notes)

Painfully boring, and look at how kushieda's face is drawn. I think I'll stop the pain and drop that one...

animus
Fri, 10-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Taiga gets on my nerves. I don't think I'm much of a masochist, to sit through this. I might drop it myself as well. There's not much comedy, or anything much to counteract the annoyance.

DDBen
Sat, 10-18-2008, 12:34 AM
I'm also likely dropping this one. Episode 3 was just terrible and irritating I mean Taiga just comes off as a total bitch for the entire thing. Plus this series has just been all over the place for me. Episode 1 was alright it was decent for setup and promised comedy. Episode 2 on the other hand was super emo and forced the series to progress to far with little real reason. Now we have episode 3 which is nearly unwatchable because of the forced progression in episode 2 biting us in the ass..

Ryllharu
Sat, 10-18-2008, 08:04 AM
I had honestly expected a lot more out of this series. Unfortunately, it has fallen into another derivative Rie Kugimya tsundere series. Minorin is just really annoying despite (or perhaps due to) Yui Horie's performance, and the only good thing about the series is Ryuuji's mom. I'd like to see who the third girl is, but I suppose if I was really interested, I can just go back to the translations of the novels.

I'll drop this, pick up a few other series that are more amusing, and stick with Akasaka for my Kugumiya-Tsundere.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 10-19-2008, 07:57 AM
god, this episode was stale.

also, it quite funny that the characters are either complete idiots, or all knowing wiseasses.

how dumb do you need to be to not notice the window, especially after you've talked about it ten second ago.

KrayZ33
Mon, 10-20-2008, 07:02 AM
After reading your comments I was expecting to see a lot of "Love Hina" beatings, but this didn't really happen (thanks god)

However, I still don't like it when a character gets hit for something so trivial.

the devil-zombie Taiga was enjoyable to watch though

Marik
Fri, 10-24-2008, 06:05 AM
[gg]​_Toradora​_-​_04​_[51C297C1].mkv (http://ggkthx.org/Torrents/%5Bgg%5D_Toradora_-_04_%5B51C297C1%5D.mkv.torrent) - v2 Patch (http://tinyurl.com/tora04patch) - Translation Notes (http://blog.ilif.in/2008/10/24/toradora-episode-4-translation-notes)

Kraco
Fri, 10-24-2008, 07:37 AM
I'm dropping this series as well. I don't anymore know what's the big idea behind this show, and I wonder if even the author him/herself knows. So little of interest has happened in three episodes that it's hard to justify spending the time and bandwidth.

KrayZ33
Fri, 10-24-2008, 12:39 PM
I don't see anything wrong with Toradora for now... it's another romance anime, that's all.
Was it hyped in Japan or something like this? If yes, well then it's a good thing I didn't know that, because it's enjoyable as it is right now...but its nothing "special" at all

It's funny enough to keep me watching it and I want to see more "Kitamaru-Carnivals" (wtf?!)

what's the big idea behind this show
normally this kind of question is revealed in the end of a show, not in the beginning.
but I don't know exactly why you want to know that, or what you are looking for at the moment, so maybe I'm misunderstanding you right now.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 10-25-2008, 01:39 AM
watched episode 4.
this really is just another romance anime...
guy, girl, having a real close relations after two episodes, and then hang around for 20 more episodes.

the Kushieda\Kitamura circle just isn't working. Kitamura isn't a likable character. and Kushieda is just forced down our throats with her 'cute silly' attitude, that we can basically all agree that she isn't ready to to be in a relationship (or rather, that whoever ends up with her will go through hell).

other than being a bad romance, the series doesn't work around the strong points of the two main characters. it could have at least been a decent 'highschool' anime, but we never see them talking with anyone else in class, (or with anyone other than each other), so they stay at the level of 'hormone crazed woman bitch' and 'surprisingly patient and idiot man-bitch'.
like any other tsundere anime, since the happy days of the 90's...

however, I liked the class president, (whose voice I've heard in tens of other animes.. I'm sure of it), maybe next episode will go somewhere.

Kraco
Sat, 10-25-2008, 03:04 AM
normally this kind of question is revealed in the end of a show, not in the beginning. but I don't know exactly why you want to know that, or what you are looking for at the moment, so maybe I'm misunderstanding you right now.

I simply meant what specific idea in this show makes this show what it is. In the very beginning it looked like the extreme tsundere and the menacing looking man-bitch, but that wasn't really taken or developed anywhere, and got stale soon, yet nothing new appeared. Unless a show wants to be nothing but a gray textbook story, it has to have something extra and novel, something it will be remembered of, and I have seen nothing such in this show, at least nothing I'd care to remember.

MFauli
Sat, 10-25-2008, 03:11 AM
In the very beginning it looked like the extreme tsundere and the menacing looking man-bitch.

Agreeīd, i was looking forward to more of such scenes.

My initial problem with the series remains: Itīs just not believable that Aisaka loves Kitamura and the main character loves Kushieda. It comes to me, being the audience, more like admiration. And it doesnt help when from the very beginning there are signals that show me, that Aisaka actually has some feeling for the main character, and probably the other way round, too. I mean, in this episode it was the photo she accidantally took of the main character.

And so it becomes boring, because you know what will happen in the future, or at least should happen.
But i really like the 2 main characters and the opening is kinda great, so ill keep watching

animus
Sat, 10-25-2008, 07:53 AM
If they made it like FMP:Fumoffu with a lot of good development and high school interaction, it'd be great. As it is, there's really no point to watching it at all, except for the last episode just to find out what happens. Getting there is gonna be a face-to-desk situation of fun.

Board of Command
Sat, 10-25-2008, 05:38 PM
This series got stale pretty fast...

Everon
Sun, 10-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Surprised at all the hate. Its a slow show, but I appreciate that it isn't exactly formulaic.

animus
Sun, 10-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Quite the contrary, it is quite a formulaic Kugimiya-tsundere series. Meaning there's no real plot except copious amounts of Kugimiya bitching.

Board of Command
Sun, 10-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I'm tired of Kugimiya Rie loli series.

Alhuin
Thu, 10-30-2008, 05:17 PM
I can't verify it, but supposedly gg got a C&D order for this show. At least, that's what it says on their "projects" page. I only checked because I had heard on another site that they had dropped it. Can anyone confirm? Not that this series is one of the best this season, but it's still nice to have a reputable subber on it.

Ryllharu
Thu, 10-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Aero is pretty good. They are on par with most subbers like Ayako. I skipped over episodes 3 and 4 of this series, but I'll come back temporarily for the new girl in episode 5.
[Aero] Toradora 5 (1280x720) (http://www.datorrents.com/download/40826-toradora-05-h264-1280x720-aero-mkv/)
[Aero] Toradora 5 (SD) (http://www.datorrents.com/download/40823-toradora-05-h264-848x480-aero-mkv/)

Just another two-faced character, but it should be interesting to see what Taiga does to her or if they can get her to break down. Ami's fake personality is really disgusting.

KrayZ33
Fri, 10-31-2008, 06:10 PM
I can't verify it, but supposedly gg got a C&D order for this show. At least, that's what it says on their "projects" page. I only checked because I had heard on another site that they had dropped it. Can anyone confirm? Not that this series is one of the best this season, but it's still nice to have a reputable subber on it.

http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.php?t=87563&page=2

if we can trust this, it is not licensed

which means, that a c+d would be somehow pointless for ADV, right?

KrayZ33
Fri, 10-31-2008, 06:11 PM
ahh... doublepost.. sry

well I'll simply use this for the second piece of information

gg dropped Toradora
"Yeah, we did. Nobody but me was in any way interested in the show and I had to drag their weight and frustrate them out for 3 weeks straight after episode one, so we’re back to dropping it. HOWEVER, I am continuing this with another group. You’ll see me around with them in hopefully the same timely manner as we’ve been doing it so far. More to come on this.

P.S. I’m not with coal guys, I’m way coaler than that."

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-31-2008, 07:02 PM
I'll watch Aero subs for now, I guess, and switch over whenever that new group comes around.

Ok.. I've watched the episode. getting better.

Taiga and Ryuugi don't seem to talk much with eachother during the off screen time, as I can't believe that they didn't talk about Amis' behavior (and Ryuu didn't note to her that Kitamura knows Ami is a bitch). Ami looks like a decent character, I wonder what's her deal (other than also being short and hiding it with high heels).

I really didn't get the Minorin "it's nothing!" gesture during the class scene, wasn't she the one who sent the note to him? it's too soon for ami to learn to fake hand-writings... and Ryuu's mom, is she also only acting as an air-head?

Ryllharu
Fri, 10-31-2008, 08:41 PM
Yacchan (Ryuu's mother) really is a total airhead as far as I know. She's a selfish, spoiled, hostess. She's mainly the reason Ryuu turned out the way he did.

Minorin is just really, really weird. That's all I could see out of the gesture. She was telling him that it most certainly is not okay in her usual, strange annoying way.

I'm thinking the issue with Ami is that she's always been so stuck on being an model, or the daughter of a famous actress, that she can't be herself. This is Kitamura's concern. Perhaps he believes she will crack if she is unable to let appearances and pretense go and just be able to be herself.

MFauli
Sat, 11-01-2008, 12:39 AM
This episode was certainly better, but only because of introducing a whole new plot. I&#180;d prefer if they stick to Ryuu and Taiga, but, whatever.

RyougaZell
Sun, 11-02-2008, 04:02 PM
gg's... err.. *ejem* qq's release here: http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=38405

KrayZ33
Mon, 11-03-2008, 01:06 PM
I really didn't get the Minorin "it's nothing!" gesture during the class scene, wasn't she the one who sent the note to him? it's too soon for ami to learn to fake hand-writings... and Ryuu's mom, is she also only acting as an air-head?

For me Minorin's gesture means that "girls who refer themselves as air-headed are looking or acting like *ballet girls* (you know... all nice and beautiful and stuff) but actually, they are *scary* or an absolute *no-go*"

this is why she made this (.[o.o].) gesture first and then holding her hands symbolising like a " X " with her arms and hands.

but oh ya.... that was really weird.

The funny or weird thing however is, that both Taiga and Minori sit behind Ryuuji to his right... but "Minori's" letter came from his left...

and since Ami is also sitting to the left (and behind him) I thought she wrote it as first... but since Taiga's letter came from the front I thought this detail didn't really matter.

Episode in general:

I really waited for Ryuuji to say "I know that you are just bitching with me" and I hope he will do that at some point... and I hope it he does it when she is in real trouble ^^
I can't wait to see more.. Ami really made this show interesting for me.
Would be cool if she really falls in love with Ryuuji or something. Yarrrrr

Marik
Fri, 11-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Toradora​_-​_06[HQ][h264][848x480][Aero].mkv (http://www.datorrents.com/download/41000-toradora-06-hq-h264-848x480-aero-mkv)

Toradora​_-​_06[h264][848x480][Aero].mp4 (http://www.datorrents.com/download/40997-toradora-06-h264-848x480-aero-mp4)

RyougaZell
Fri, 11-07-2008, 01:02 PM
So... is Aero a good group? Haven't heard of them.

animus
Fri, 11-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Yea, they're about the same as BSS. They're doing like a million shows this season.

David75
Fri, 11-07-2008, 02:11 PM
So... is Aero a good group? Haven't heard of them.

They're not perfect, but they aren't annoying either. So it's ok.
I can bear some typos when I need my fix on the other shows they sub

MFauli
Fri, 11-07-2008, 05:40 PM
I hope that approach of Kawashima towards Ryuu at the end of this episode is real and not some new fake of hers. Would certainly make the story more interesting. Well, what&#180;s to say...the show got better step by step, but the overall plot still seems a bit silly.

animus
Fri, 11-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Ami is a good addition with some drama, without her the series is unbearable. Let's hope it doesn't revert to the old man-bitch and loli-bitch three stooges comedy act.

MFauli
Sun, 11-09-2008, 07:04 AM
lol, i know i suck at making videos, but i love the opening song, and i thought of a game that fits the melody the best: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=CybtdXAzA98

:P

Marik
Sun, 11-09-2008, 09:07 AM
[qq]​_Toradora​_-​_06​_[21208f27].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=39248)

Shadow Skill
Mon, 11-10-2008, 01:16 AM
What I don't get is, Taiga is suppose to help Ryu get to that girl and she hasnt made any attempt yet. Taiga seems more pissed at Ryu if another girl is near him. Sounds like one of those "OMG Help me win other guy heart, while she falls for him, the guy helping her," type of stories. :P

Yukimura
Mon, 11-10-2008, 09:35 AM
I initially worried something like that would happen in this series. If it does turn out that Taiga gives up on Kitamura for Ryuji I would feel jipped. This show initially sold me since I saw some potential for it to be different from the typical "seemingly incompatible guy/girl try to help each other find love and end up falling for each other" storyline. That said, even if they do end up together it would be better than having anyone end up with that psycho Kushieda.

As to this episode I quite enjoyed Ami's development and of course Taiga being Taiga.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 11-11-2008, 06:52 PM
I disagree. the whole idea of the show was for them to end up together. I was hoping it would be just slightly less retarded and forced than other series... it started up nicely, when they both worked together and chances to interact without an "OMG you looked at another woman" attitude all the time, and since both of them are opposites at some levels (he's goodnatured wimp with a bad face, and she's a midget berserk bitch), they could relate and have comical scenes about that.
but I guess not. Ami and Kitamura are mighty brain-powered, Minorin is just a freaky girl, and Taiga and Ryuugi are both idiots.
Too bad, I wanted something intellegent, I know we can't get more KKNJ, but one of these days, there must be an anime that isn't total crap.

oh, episode six. I don't get the entire diet-thing.. and I'd assume that a super-bitch-super-model will try getting her 'stalker' out of her life with some more reasonable ways...

MFauli
Fri, 11-14-2008, 03:33 AM
I have to say, at this point of the story i HOPE Ryu and Taiga end up together. I dont know...it&#180;d just feel so stupid and boring if they got their "victims". Taiga only admires Kitamura while another boy is doing everything for her, and Ryuu seems to have no relationship to Kushieda at all. Sadly, Ami wont play a role, she&#180;s definitely just there to make things more interesting for us watchers. THAT would be an unusual ending, if Ryu did end up with Ami, haha-

And now, talking about the initial potential of the series:
I actually thought the series would go along the lines of "boy who looks evil but is nice makes contact with girl who really is "evil", and by these circumstances is pushed near her, thus getting into interesting situations. That&#180;s what i thought after the first episode, and i would have totally prefered it :-/
Also, in that one scene in episode...1 or 2...where Taiga kicked around all the stuff of a classroom at once, i thought the series would involve magic or some kind of martial arts (like Tenjou Tenge), haha.
Whatever, i&#180;ll keep watching.

Marik
Fri, 11-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Toradora​_-​_07[h264][848x480][Aero].mkv (http://www.datorrents.com/download/41165-toradora-07-h264-848x480-aero-mkv) - MegaUpload (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5W7XYIXT)

[qq]​_Toradora​_-​_07​_[B109939A].mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=39989)

Death BOO Z
Sun, 11-16-2008, 03:18 AM
again, not much of an episode...
basically forcing a situation just to get cheap laughs out of it, it's not like we haven't seen this type of thing in a million animes before (though, I guess female viewers can relate better to this).
Taiga's a bitch that doesn't know what she wants, Ami is a bitch, Ryuuji is a man-bitch, Kushieda and Kitamura can go to hell and became satan's bitches, for all I care.
their female teacher had some funny lines, though.

Yukimura
Sun, 11-16-2008, 03:56 AM
Anyone besides me checked out Paradym's releases? They were the first release I noticed for ep 7 so I watched theirs. It seemed to be on par with or maybe even better than AniYoshi who I've been archiving. The 1024x768 is probably upscaled or whatever but it still looks alright and it's the same file size as AniYoshi's smaller resolution releases. Aero seems pretty mid-tier to me and unless they're first or the only group doing something I haven't really been using them as a go to group.

Paradym Releases (http://www.tokyotosho.com/search.php?terms=paradym&type=0)

Marik
Thu, 11-20-2008, 10:26 PM
[CoalGuys] Toradora - 08 [FEE6E015].​mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=40522)

MFauli
Fri, 11-21-2008, 03:47 AM
I LOVED when Taiga actually admitted her love for Takasu...and HATED it when she later on shook it off as "im the master, he&#180;s my dog" sigh

If they go on with Taiga going after Kitamura, thats just dumb now.

KrayZ33
Fri, 11-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Would you recommend the CoalGuys translation? never heard of them before.

Or should I just wait for "qq" to release it.

Marik
Fri, 11-21-2008, 05:46 PM
[Paradym]​_Toradora​_-​_08​_[1024x576​_h264][E0DA3356].mkv (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=16635)

[Paradym]​_Toradora​_-​_08​_[XviD][C4DCEEC2].avi (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=16646)

Marik
Thu, 11-27-2008, 12:16 PM
[CoalGuys] Toradora - 09 [304DFE72].mkv (http://www.datorrents.com/download/41437--coalguys-toradora-09-304dfe72-mkv)

RyougaZell
Thu, 11-27-2008, 12:33 PM
New group every episode? I'll wait for QQ

KrayZ33
Thu, 11-27-2008, 07:32 PM
what's their HP btw? they are 1 week late and I wonder why?

I like qq's releases so I don't want to pick up another group release if I don't really have to

Marik
Thu, 11-27-2008, 07:49 PM
The translator for qq went on a trip to a hotel and spa, that's why they are behind. Episode 8 should be released soon, according to him.

"Over a week late, no excuse to be tardy with the translation notes this time around. I’m back from my little trip, and getting this episode done as quickly as I could. At present writing time, the episode is in editing stages, but I figured I’d at least get the notes out beforehand. I’m not going to even consider apologizing for being late - what reason do I have to? For those still around waiting for our releases, congratulations on getting an episode that is not mis-translated, as this was the case for the other releases." - ilifin

I don't have a homepage for the group, just a link to the translator's blog.

the second eyelids (http://blog.ilif.in)

MFauli
Fri, 11-28-2008, 05:17 AM
CoalGuys-sub is just fine.

Average episode. Kitamura was a bit overdone, though.

Marik
Sat, 11-29-2008, 06:00 PM
[qq]​ Toradora​ -​ 08​ [DDE41726].mkv (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=16895) - Translation Notes (http://blog.ilif.in/2008/11/26/toradora-episode-8-translation-notes)

Marik
Thu, 12-04-2008, 09:43 AM
[CoalGuys] Toradora - 10 [CB441DA0].mkv (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5BCoalGuys%5D%20Toradora%20-%2010%20%5BCB441DA0%5D.mkv.torrent)

Marik
Sat, 12-06-2008, 10:01 AM
[qq]​ Toradora​ -​ 09​ [A79963C3].​mkv (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=42186) - Translation Notes (http://blog.ilif.in/2008/12/05/toradora-episode-9-translation-notes)

Death BOO Z
Sat, 12-06-2008, 07:36 PM
finished watching ep 09 (I hate switching groups in the middle, so I only watch qq).
a good episode, making Minorin not seem like such a dimwit (saying ryuugi is confusing a crush with true love), also, the part with the train station was great.

and it did seem like Taiga is admitting to herself about how she feels.

the show is back on the good track.

RyougaZell
Mon, 12-08-2008, 09:57 AM
I completely LOLed when Taiga was explaining what she saw when she entered the bathroom with Ami... priceless reactions.

Minorin looked more like a normal girl this episode (sans the trainstation)

And whats with Kitamura appearing naked in front of the girls. The reaction of the tree was priceless.

David75
Mon, 12-08-2008, 10:16 AM
I completely LOLed when Taiga was explaining what she saw when she entered the bathroom with Ami... priceless reactions.

Minorin looked more like a normal girl this episode (sans the trainstation)

And whats with Kitamura appearing naked in front of the girls. The reaction of the tree was priceless.

Kitamura is either Gay, or totally hormone brainwashed and controlled...
I also thought Minorin to be much better. She's just a girl living on acid all the time hehe.

Yup the boing boing explanation was totally priceless.

I also think Minorin is totally incompatible with Takasu. From the very beggining it appeared so at least. We never really got insight as to why he has feelings for her, the same for Taiga/Kitamura.
But we certainly do get more and more Takasu/Taiga where we understand that they are getting closer to each other out of compatibility and living together a lot.
She strikes him, walks on him, puts her feet on his head... and he doesn't complain that much. Lots of contacts, no complaining, clearly they are already physically compatible, the body language already works.

animus
Mon, 12-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Honestly don't know what to say about Kitamura's character. He's rather inconsistent. He's either really awkward and weird, or the most serious character.

Or maybe, that's how the character's archetype is.

David75
Mon, 12-08-2008, 11:04 AM
Honestly don't know what to say about Kitamura's character. He's rather inconsistent. He's either really awkward and weird, or the most serious character.

Or maybe, that's how the character's archetype is.

Well he is Ami's chilhood friend, so he obviously isn't normal. All the more being around Minorin, Taiga and Takasu... the later being the more balanced character of all should he be a girl (he is a lot like Minato for example).

You could say that Kitamura, like Minorin really are creepy at times.

Marik
Mon, 12-15-2008, 08:24 AM
[qq]​ Toradora​ -​ 10​ [C995C771].mkv (http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=17447)

RyougaZell
Tue, 12-16-2008, 01:08 AM
I completely loved Minorin and Takasu's interaction on this episode...

and Taiga got jealous at the end...

Don't really like Ami though.

KrayZ33
Tue, 12-16-2008, 07:54 AM
Is that so?

I think Ami's part was the most important one in this episode and I think she is right about what she said.Minorin is the absolute opposite of Takasu.. (characterwise)

Also, I like it that she seems to be the only person who can somewhat speak clearly to Takasu... She might tease him a lot, but at least she is the one who's trying to make progress by asking him out all the time

RyougaZell
Tue, 12-16-2008, 09:54 AM
That is right. Ami's role this episode was very good. But I still dislike her character. But I can agree her role is important.

Marik
Tue, 12-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Ami is my favorite character and the reason I continue to watch this show. I don't really care for either of the other two girls, Taiga and Minorin. Minorin did grow on me a little, with the interaction between her and Takasu, so I favor her over Taiga. I'm still hoping that somehow, Takasu and Ami end up together though.

Ryllharu
Tue, 12-16-2008, 04:32 PM
Yes, but you can't take anything Ami ever says at face value. All she is is one lie after another. I think Taiga proved that the night Ami stayed over. Taiga got how many impressions out of her? Over a hundred, detailed and all on tape. Ami is really good at impressions because all she ever does is lie. She lies about what she likes, what she dislikes, whether she will do something, whether she won't, how she acts, and I even suspect that Ami lies to herself in how she thinks.

Ami is in general, not a nice person. She'd have been exactly the type of person to beat the shit out of her stalker (as long as no one else is looking). But she couldn't even admit to herself that she was afraid of or angry at the stalker. It might ruin her image, it might show her shameful side...all possible bullshit reasons she was telling herself.

Ami had absolutely no idea what she felt about the stalker, so she avoided him.

I don't think she really even considers Takasu one way or the other. The only reason she approached him was because Taiga had his attentions. He was just another person she was hoping to wrap around her finger. Kitamura knows all this, because he's known her for a long time. But Ami has no opinion of Kitamura at all. She doesn't seem to notice him in anything.

So now, I don't think Ami considers Takasu any differently. She just takes the opportunity of his knowledge about her "real" personality to act out against him. Her "for show" personality can't use that because she has to exude the perfect personality of a model. But Ami's "real" personality doesn't seem any more real than her "for show" personality. It's the fake kind of personality that someone who is trying to protect her "for show" personality's popularity would exhibit. The nasty scheming one to make herself popular with everyone around.

Ami isn't any more relaxed when she is "herself." She's still just as frustrated and stressed out. Kitamura wanted Taiga and Takasu to see her "true" personality so she wouldn't have to lie as much, but she isn't any different.

I don't think Ami has any kind of idea of who she is.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 12-16-2008, 07:23 PM
that's going to down a slippery road...

you can always argue that Ami has no personality (expect of of faking one) and build her entire character around it (she's trying to get rid of Taiga, because Ami's afraid that if people stop buying into her lies, she'll stop as well). and that everyone thing she does is in order to put other people in 'boxes', so she could catalog them as 'friend', 'enemy' or whatever, and organize her act accordingly.

it's a circular argument. it can't be disproof because its a conspiracy theory. if I say personality trait A, B and C, you'll say that she started doing A because of of one thing, and then built up B and C as fake layers of personality. it isn't going anywhere.

(I think I read about it in some book, the syndrome appears a lot in highly intelligent kids)

about the episode (10): I liked it, somewhat funny, not breath-taking interesting, but definitely not puke-inspired crap. in the great role of things, Kitamura is still characterless and Minorin keeps going from over-hyper-active fun to spiritual-speaker. and I don't consider this to be a well-balanced character, it's so over-the-top that it reeks of gag-driven plot design.

Ryllharu
Tue, 12-16-2008, 08:08 PM
that's going to down a slippery road...

you can always argue that Ami has no personality (expect of of faking one) and build her entire character around it (she's trying to get rid of Taiga, because Ami's afraid that if people stop buying into her lies, she'll stop as well). and that everyone thing she does is in order to put other people in 'boxes', so she could catalog them as 'friend', 'enemy' or whatever, and organize her act accordingly.

it's a circular argument. it can't be disproof because its a conspiracy theory. if I say personality trait A, B and C, you'll say that she started doing A because of of one thing, and then built up B and C as fake layers of personality. it isn't going anywhere.

(I think I read about it in some book, the syndrome appears a lot in highly intelligent kids)I'd undoubtedly grant that you'd be correct if I had applied my argument to any other character in any other series, but I think there is a fair amount of evidence so far to back up my stance. Sure, it is largely circumstantial at this point, since they haven't really gone into Ami much aside from the episodes where Taiga pissed her off enough to lash out in semi-public.

I don't think it is a circular argument for two reasons:

a) I'm not saying Ami has no personality, I'm saying her lies ARE her personality. If she has a real one, I don't think we've really seen more than a few minutes of it.

The real Ami is the one who does all those impressions without even thinking for one second that the idea is stupid. She did them soley because Taiga told her to (with a little threat to get it all started). Ami doesn't know who she is because she has always tried to live up to a lie the whole time. Be popular, have lots of friends, have guys fawn over you. Kitamura knows this, and he's done a damn good job of giving Ami some actual friends she can somewhat be herself around. But she hasn't made it there yet. She still lies to everyone close to her.

The reason why of course, is the other reason.

b) Ami's parents.

Ami's mother is a famous model/actress (or whatever). Of course everyone expects the daughter to be just as pretty, just as perfect, and just as talented. So Ami did those things too. Because it was what was expected of her. I don't think the real Ami gives a shit about any of that. She just does it because it is what people would expect her to do. I doubt her parents even care if she follows in her mother's footsteps or not. We know that for a while, she kept up with it, but suddenly she transfers schools (just because of the stalker?) and stops modeling.

The real Ami isn't the one who flirts with Takasu, she isn't the one who she shows to everyone outside of that circle, she isn't the one who looks like she's having fun with Taiga and pals, and she's not the one who so frequently declares something boring and wanders off.. The real Ami doesn't give a shit about anything. We saw her in the cave for a little while, we see her stuffed between the vending machines before she notices Takasu.

Ami has spent so much time enveloped in these lies that she doesn't actually know what she wants, what she likes. That's why everything is boring to her, while she is always pissed off when she stops pretending. She quickly wraps herself in her faked personalities and fulfills that ideal girl concept. She just hasn't spent long enough being herself to ever find out who she really is.

EDIT:
(by the way, pulling the "it's circular logic" argument is just a convenient way to say,

"You're wrong, and I am declaring that there is nothing you can say to prove that me calling you wrong isn't true."

You need a valid counter-argument. Circular logic would be more akin to me saying that Taiga is angry because she is lonely, and lonely because she is angry.)

KrayZ33
Wed, 12-17-2008, 09:37 AM
To be honest, I have problems following the conversation...
what are you trying to say Ryll? I have problems with the statement that Ami doesn't know herself

Ami doesn't know who she is because she has always tried to live up to a lie the whole time. Be popular, have lots of friends, have guys fawn over you

that's exactly why she has that fake-personality... she wants to be popular, have lots of friends and guys fawn over her... but with her real personality, such a thing would be impossible, because she is *exactly* like Taiga.

So Ami did those things too. Because it was what was expected of her. I don't think the real Ami gives a shit about any of that.

I think her "inner thoughts" showed us that she *cares* for that... She is absolutely self-centered... don't you remember the pool scene when she said to herself "That's right, lick my beautiful shadow you maggots, that's the most delicious food you can get, right?!" Also, she *loves* to watch herself in the mirror which is why she is sometimes late and people have to wait for her.

I think it would be stupid (for now) to say that this personality isn't her true one.

Ami also envies Taiga... she even made that remark after the Stalker scene. She didn't really say "I envy Taiga" but what she said is. "Isn't she strong? Self centered... always in a mess..... and she doesn't even try to hide it... yet she has friends"

So Ami wants to become just like her.. but she fears that she won't be popular anymore... she is scared of losing her "friends" because she knows that they are only her friends because of her faked-attitude... if she would stop acting so nice and kind, she would probably end like Taiga in the beginning of Toradora.....without any friends. However it's true that she hasn't considered it yet to stop faking her personality and to try it the "normal" way.

I think the last conversation in ep. 10 (Takasu + Ami) give away a lot of answers about this topic.

Takasu:" Isn't it about whether you'd be lonely or not?" (without him beeing around)
Ami: "I've never really considered whether I'm lonely or not"
Takasu: "Then consider it!"
Ami: "Isn't that a bit painfull?" (she doesn't want to admit it?)
Takasu: "If it's painfull, just straightforwardly express that emotion" (don't hide it, be yourself)
Takasu: I mean we're....
Ami: .... equal (both Takasu and Ami have problems finding real friends, for different reasons though)

At least that's what I made out of the small conversation at the end

Ryllharu
Wed, 12-17-2008, 04:48 PM
Maybe you're right, but I still think it is too soon to tell. To me, Ami still hasn't gotten to who she really is. She's even more tightly held than Taiga.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Sapphire
Sat, 12-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Toradora 11 - Coalguys (http://www.mininova.org/get/2085058)
Toradora 12 - Coalguys (http://www.mininova.org/get/2104862)

Well, first off, I'm loving the OP and ED. They're great, as I actually sit through them, and I have quite the unpatient personality.

The series began with a very interesting premise. A gentle and misunderstood man with a mean face comes across a loli like girl who, for some reason, has a personality that completely defies her outer appearence. The situation was revealed to us rather fast; they both had crushes and they couldn't quite admit it. I loved the offbeat quirkyness, the lack of reservation that Taiga had in just kicking anyone's ass, yet her clumsy sincerity when trying to admit - or deny - her true feelings towards her crush. I was very frustrated at her complete bitchyness, however. Did she really have to be that extreme? Was it that hard for her to show even a little apprecriation towards one who has selflessly done so much for her? I was able to accept this, though, and it really is a shows a great contrast of personalities when Ami shows up.

Both Taiga (spoiled bitch) and Ami (spoiled bitch) have brutally cold personalities. The only difference is Taiga is really a Tsundere who for some reason is too scared to bare her, shall I call them delicate emotions. I have to say I like Ami. She's rather effective at being manipulative, and I think that's cool. As soon as she discovers a weakness in someone she will milk it for all it is worth. She could be a spy or something. It seems that when she manipulates people she has a sense of power, or safety, something that she severly lacks when being stalked by some perv who would follow her across the nation.

But the amazing part of the contrast between Ami and Taiga is even if Ami is cold and terrible on the inside, it's definitely obvious that she is nice on the outside because of fear of being alone, or rejected, or just not up to the ignorant standards of others. Though Taiga is almost incapable of expressing her deep feelings for Kitamura, she truly is brave in comparison to Ami. Taiga will walk home by herself with her head held high and a sword in her hand, while Ami will hide behind a pile of clothes and disguises. I liked that Ami was inspired momentarily to take off her mask and thus her fear with the stalker, however, when she saw how differently Taiga handled things. It was a bit touching. Sometimes I think that Taiga should kick Ami's ass for being such a bitch towards her, but then I remember how much of a bitch Taiga is towards Takasu and I feel like she deserves it. This show has quite a circle of infactuation and/or hatred, doesn't it? Either way, the way that Taiga deals with Ami is perfect: blackmail or simply ignoring her. I wonder if this is really how Kitamura expects her to make friends, I think it's better off for her if she just wears her mask, but this show is all about showing your true self, no matter what, it seems.

I was a bit annoyed during episode two when Taiga finally confessed to Kitamura about her feelings. She clearly said something along the lines of 'kitamura ga suki desu!!!!!!' but he just ignored that and pretended that she was talking about Takasu. At first I attributed this to the fact that he was gently rejecting her because he just wasn't attracted to her, and he realized that she was better of with Takasu anyway. Then we slowly find out that this is otherwise and then he finally admits he had a crush on her?! WTF then. And if this is simply a matter of pride then I am severly annoyed.

It's interesting how most of the character's true personalities are covered up by some sort of artificial or natural barrier. Kushieda has some sort of depth or issue that is covered by her constant working and cheeriness, which is discovered when she's stuck in the shed with Takasu, and when she used 'reverse psychology' to pretend that she was scared during the trip to the villa. And Ami - well it's obvious with her. Even Takasu is a liar and perhaps even a coward, upon failling his mission, he tells Kushieda he wanted to show her ghosts when he really only wanted to manipulatively be her knight in shining armor.

Taiga and Takasu just might fall in love, and if that happens, I will be highly dissapointed. Because theirs will not be the exciting and satisfying love that they could have with their potential crushee's but a more calm, enduring, even conflicting love that is bred from familiarity; accidental and utterly predictable. BORING! For that sake, they should not be together. Right now the situation is almost lame, no matter what they say or do, everyone else will think they are meant for each other. If you were to pry someone's eyes open with a tool they would still think that. If only Taiga and Takasu's romantic feelings could be conveyed effectively! I'll be pissed if Kushieda ends up with Kitamura.

PS - The bird is freakin' awesome. Oh, and the prostitute mom, too.
PPS - The manga is still ongoing, maybe no one will hook up at all. -_- *worst/most likely case scenario!!* In that case I might as well stop watching~!11

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ea/Toradora%21_manga_volume_1_cover.jpg

BioAlien
Mon, 12-22-2008, 05:00 PM
So many walls of texts..

Are Coalguys' subs any good? I've never heard of them before.

Ryllharu
Mon, 12-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Half the time they release very watchable subs, certainly better than Chihiro or Aero, and the other half of the time they release troll subs. So you really can't tell what kind of release each one is, often from episode to episode.

David75
Thu, 12-25-2008, 02:04 PM
[CoalGuys] Toradora - 13 [B818F3A4] mkv 232.87Mb @ Mininova (http://www.mininova.org/get/2121031)

Marik
Fri, 01-09-2009, 12:26 AM
[CoalGuys] Toradora - 14 [270788D1].mkv (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5BCoalGuys%5D%20Toradora%20-%2014%20%5B270788D1%5D.mkv.torrent)

Yukimura
Tue, 01-13-2009, 05:18 PM
I had to lol at Minorin's Yugioh-inspired rambling over the pictures and Tiaga's brutal 'unmarried' attack on that poor hopeless teacher but other than those scenes I didn't find this ep all that funny. On the serious side I think I'm starting to get tired of all the "Taiga's life sucks so much" plot elements since nothing seems to be coming of them. Ami's seemingly aimless self reflection didn't really make sense to me but maybe the point they were trying to make was that she'd never felt contentment from being truly appreciated or something.

I have a bit of a thing for the Student Council Prez so I hope they'll go into more details about what she said to Kitamura. It was likely a confession of love but maybe it'll be something more surprising instead. Overall though I feel like the show lost a lot of steam in the transition from 13 to 14, hopefully they can build it back up somehow and finish strong.

Marik
Thu, 01-15-2009, 03:04 AM
[CoalGuys] Toradora - 15 [3389C161].mkv (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5BCoalGuys%5D%20Toradora%20-%2015%20%5B3389C161%5D.mkv.torrent)

KrayZ33
Thu, 01-15-2009, 05:07 AM
hum.... where are my qq-subs :/

Half the time they release very watchable subs, certainly better than Chihiro or Aero, and the other half of the time they release troll subs. So you really can't tell what kind of release each one is, often from episode to episode.

I don't want to download CoalGuys-subs because of your last sentence.

Ryllharu
Thu, 01-15-2009, 05:29 AM
That was mostly for ef - a tale of melodies though, they have been subbing Toradora more than adequately so far.

animus
Thu, 01-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Their Asu no Yoichi sub wasn't all that bad either.

KrayZ33
Thu, 01-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Ok, I watched 11 and 12... and they were as good as qq's...If I didn't know that it was from Coalguys, I wouldn't be able to tell a difference between them.

both eps were really funny and good btw...
I'm getting the rest from them too now.

animus
Thu, 01-15-2009, 01:42 PM
That was a very awkward yet decent episode. The confusion continues. Maybe that Student President already has a BF, or she's moving. The guessing game continues.

KrayZ33
Thu, 01-15-2009, 02:19 PM
That was a very awkward yet decent episode. The confusion continues. Maybe that Student President already has a BF, or she's moving. The guessing game continues.

I agree... but Kitamaru's behavior is really werid, I wonder if he is about to become a so called "Hikikomori"... but on the other hand, he is not trying to hide from social contacts or something.

Marik
Sun, 01-18-2009, 10:30 AM
[Nipponsei] Toradora! Original Soundtrack.zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Toradora%21%20Original%20Soundtr ack.zip.torrent)

Marik
Fri, 01-23-2009, 01:35 AM
[CoalGuys] Toradora - 16 [5191B41B].mkv (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5BCoalGuys%5D%20Toradora%20-%2016%20%5B5191B41B%5D.mkv.torrent)

KrayZ33
Fri, 01-23-2009, 08:57 AM
Woah, what the.... that was kinda cool!

oyabun
Fri, 01-23-2009, 10:35 AM
For me this episode by far is the best.

animus
Fri, 01-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Wait, what? I wasn't aware that Kitamura confessed to/liked Aisaka before. Am I missing something?

KrayZ33
Fri, 01-23-2009, 11:19 AM
yes you are... thats why Taiga loves Kitamaru.

She rejected him but later realized that she likes him too, or at least she thinks so
but if you ask me, it's more like a "he loves/loved me and that's why I love him too"-reaction from Taiga.

btw it was explained in episode 4... he even got a picture from Taiga in his wallet, because it was his first love or something

edit: I really want to see the next episode..
the ending of this one was really good, but I couldn't really make out what Ami and Minorin were thinking.

I think Minorin has feelings for Ryuuji but felt guilty to show them, because she doesn't want to take him away from Taiga, which is why she always interrupted Ryuuji when he was about to offer his feelings towards her.

And now that she spotted the picture of Kitamura in her ID card she knows that she doesn't have to hold back.

I really wonder what Ami is going to do now, she seems very angry (when she asked if Minorins feelings of guilt are gone)...or was she even crying? oh man I really feel sad for her. I wonder what her role will look like in the future
my poor Ami-chan :(... she's my favorite character because she is the only one who knows what's going on and not so stupid like the rest.

I'd feel bad if she doesn't get a happy ending, because she deserves it.

MFauli
Fri, 01-23-2009, 05:49 PM
I&#180;ll say it now: Aisaka and Ryuuji will end up being together. Kitamura just lost any rights of becoming Taiga&#180;s boy friend after this episode.

I totally loved how Taiga openly started an attack against Kanou, haha. Unfortunately, Kitamura doesnt seem to have understood why Taiga fought...or maybe we&#180;ll see that next time.

My favorite couple would still be Ryuuji and Ami, but that would be really surprising. Ami has "support character" written all over her face.

Ryllharu
Sat, 01-24-2009, 05:33 PM
the ending of this one was really good, but I couldn't really make out what Ami and Minorin were thinking.

I think Minorin has feelings for Ryuuji but felt guilty to show them, because she doesn't want to take him away from Taiga, which is why she always interrupted Ryuuji when he was about to offer his feelings towards her.

And now that she spotted the picture of Kitamura in her ID card she knows that she doesn't have to hold back.

I really wonder what Ami is going to do now, she seems very angry (when she asked if Minorins feelings of guilt are gone)...or was she even crying? oh man I really feel sad for her. I wonder what her role will look like in the future
my poor Ami-chan :(... she's my favorite character because she is the only one who knows what's going on and not so stupid like the rest.
I forgot to mention I noticed it in the previous episode. Minorin was acting really weird towards Takasu when the two were out searching for Kitamura by the river.

Ryuuji called her kind, and she immediately refuted it, saying she was actually very arrogant and dishonest.

Minorin really does secretly like Ryuuji (maybe not at first, but certainly recently), but she's been keeping it locked away to force Taiga and Ryuuji together. She knows more about Taiga than anyone else, and perhaps has foreseen that the only person who seems to be able to connect to Taiga is Ryuuji. Minorin was definitely not allowing Ryuuji to confess to her at any point. She knew he liked her, but couldn't allow that to mess up the plan she started working on. While Taiga and Ryuuji were conspiring to help each other in love, Minorin already knew and was trying to foul it up.

I think what Ami meant here is that Minorin felt guilty about crushing her own feelings to force Taiga and Ryuuji together, but now that Kanou has admitted she liked Kitamura too, Taiga's chances of getting together with Kitamura are all but dead. Now Minorin doesn't have to feel guilty, since it turns out she was right. Ryuuji is the only way that Taiga might end up happy.

Minorin didn't see the picture inside, but the other two mentioning it were enough to reveal it. I don't think Minorin is going to go after Ryuuji now. If anything, she's going to withdraw from him even more.

I can't say I know exactly what is going on in Ami's head now. She was angry, but I'm just not sure about what.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 01-25-2009, 04:12 AM
Murphy strikes back!
I give in and watch coal subs, and an hour later, qq puts out episode 11 (http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=47869)

what to do? who to archive?

KrayZ33
Sun, 01-25-2009, 10:33 AM
I'd go for qq... but it doesn't really matter.
both are very good in my opinion

so archive qq and watch coal's when they are out. (if qq doesn't catch up)

Yukimura
Mon, 01-26-2009, 02:09 AM
Lol that was pretty awesome. It's not every day you see chicks coming to bloody blows in a romance/comedy. When did Ami start being worthy of a relationship though? I've always liked her for being relatively upfront about her manipulative bitch persona (at least to us) but I don't necessarily think she should get rewarded (i.e. a relationship) for that. She seems to enjoy being a bitch too much for me to totally forgive her behavior.

I like the Kitamura-Kanou resolution, I liked her from the beginning so any way in which she can be happy is good enough for me. I'm not sure what Taiga will do now but she didn't seem 100% ready to give up though it would be pretty low to try and snipe Kitamura away from his long distance gf. Takasu seems doomed though, Minorin will probably pull away even more for Taiga's sake, Taiga isn't exactly the greatest relationship choice in the world, and Ami is....Ami. On paper she's cool and sexy but really what's the point in being in a relationship with someone like her? Whatever happens though, drama should be in great supply.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 01-26-2009, 03:32 AM
What's wrong with Ami?

Putting all of the physical hotness aside, it seems that she is the deepest thinker and maybe even the most mature of the bunch. She does have her insecurities, but that goes for everyone (although she has slightly larger problems than others), especially the main cast of this show.

If Ryuuji has a relationship with Ami, I think they would match up pretty well, with Ami being able to open up more because of Ryuuji's upfront and simple personality, and Ryuuji will learn how to handle himself less like an emotional child in certain situations.

I never minded girls acting bitchy to a certain extent, as long as they have substance other than that facet of their personality, and qualities that overshadow it. Intellect and overall sensitivity (though not acted upon) are things Ami has going for her. And let us not forget the hotness that we put aside earlier. The way she flaunts her looks also serves for great fun and is a point of interest in her character.

The complexity of how she tries to act all cute and nice in order to be seen as a good person and to convince herself that she is mature, yet at the same time secretly wishing that someone would notice her as childish for doing so also adds depth to her character.

...Yes, you can now tag me as an Ami fan.

David75
Mon, 01-26-2009, 04:20 AM
No one had hints at Minorin being interrested in Kitamura?

It seemed pretty obvious to me (but I can be wrong) that this is absolutely not by chance that Minorin is near Kitamura quite a bit.
That would be quite in tune with what Ami told her.
But again, I might just have seen things that didn't exist in the first place.

KrayZ33
Mon, 01-26-2009, 05:17 AM
She seems to enjoy being a bitch too much for me to totally forgive her behavior.

Is she? hmm... why and when?

In the latest episodes she seemed to have changed, sure thing - she enjoys being in the middle of everything, I guess you need that attitude if you want to be a model... and she argues alot with Taiga, which is a given if you consider their relationship, but she is pretty "normal" (I don't see it as an act anymore) when she is around her 2 friends (that girl with purple hair and the other one with orange hair, who seems to like Kitamura btw :))

and when she is around Takasu she is doing pretty well too.

Yukimura
Mon, 01-26-2009, 11:11 AM
Bitchiness is just what I see when I look at Ami taking most actions. I hold characters accountable for the behavior they feel the need to display on the surface so I often don't bother looking too deep into characters if their surface personalities turn me off to them too much. At Ami's initial introduction she came across as a shifty trickster who basked in attention and praise. That impression has stuck with me ever since. Because of that as well as her established skill in pretending I find it hard to trust her behaviors as genuine so I don't buy into scenes where she is supposedly 'opening up' or being a decent human being. They always end up feeling like veiled attempts at manipulation to me.

I hear a lot of people talk about Ami's supposed matureness but I think that she's just more insightful than the rest of the cast, however the way she uses her insight often comes across as more vindictive than supportive to me. I don't see it as a sign of maturity for someone to go around rubbing peoples faces into their problems in that mocking tone she typically uses. Now I once again admit that I am strongly biased by the fact that she destroyed all my trust in her early on and that I am rationalizing any helpful or supportive behavior on her part as having some self-centered intentions behind it. I often agree with some of the harsh things that she says but I just can't see her as being harsh because she wants to help, I see it as being harsh because she likes lording it over everyone that she's so great and they aren't (Inferiority Complex).

Now with all that said I don't have much of a problem with Ami being what I think she is just as a person. But because I think she is being deceptive constantly I don't think it would be right to subject a seemingly open and honest person to that sort of situation. I do like Ami and I want her to be happy, but I don't want to watch a decent person have to struggle uphill against her personality, likely a miserable undertaking, for it to happen (unless they had a crush on her anyway). That's why I'm against Ami and Takasu and also why I'm somewhat against Taiga and Takasu. If girls have prickly personalities then more power to them, but I don't particularly enjoy seeing regular Joe's like Takasu have to suffer their thorns and comfort them just because they can't stop being prickly on their own.

fireheart
Mon, 01-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Well about Ami it might be true that she has other motives but I don't know, took a glance at the novels that cover up to this point in the anime and it seems to me that she's genuinely trying to change herself. And so far she been far less bitchy and been more normal, for example her tone when she talked to Kitamura after accidentally slapping him. She does however seem to still hold back a lot of what she feels and thinks, example when she was trying to ask Ryuuji to the beach since she just left instead of repeating it or the fact that she was angry with herself for saying that to minorin, at least that's what my impression was.

And about Kanou and Kitamura were I the only one who thought they didn't start dating? To me it seemed like they wrapped up their feelings but didn't start anything because of the distance. If they got together it would make no sense that Kitamura got an award of the most pitiful guy at school.

As for Minorin my impression was that Ami meant that she didn't have to feel guilty about liking him. And by saying that Minorin can act more on that feeling than before, it's not like she's run away that much from him. Withdrawing more from him when she knows Taiga likes Kitamura and not Ryuuji is kind of stupid since I had the impression that Minorin though Taiga liked Ryuuji, hence the guilt. Just my take on it.

shinta|hikari
Mon, 01-26-2009, 07:24 PM
I agree that Kanou and Kitamura did not start dating. Kitamura respected her decision to move on for both their sakes, so he gave up. I think it was stupid of him to do so. He should have just gone with her and made a new start. What the hell is he even leaving behind in Japan? A bunch of weird friends? A father that beats on him (though he might have deserved it a bit)? On the other hand, Kanou is hot and cold at the same time. What else can you ask for?

On the Ami and Takasu bit, I personally think that Takasu is more of an M, so he needs someone like Taiga or Ami as a match to make him feel satisfied. I just prefer the intelligent painful remarks over actual physical pain from violence. Taiga is just far too brutish and clumsy for my tastes.

Yukimura
Tue, 01-27-2009, 01:53 PM
I failed to consider that Takasu might genuinely be a glutton for punishment be it physical or emotional. If that's the case and any relationship involving him is going to have to involve him being shit on to be satisfied I'd have to say I'm in the Ami as opposed to the Taiga camp. It's too bad this camp was doomed to failure from the start (Rie Kugimiya always gets her man). Even if I don't completely trust that it's genuine at least Ami puts up an air of respectability in public and thoughtfulness when she's being snarky in private. Whatever she is or isn't hiding she doesn't lay it out in front of everyone in the world and demand people acknowledge it. Taiga on the other hand seems to just be a raging emotion factory, throwing her inner turmoils out at the world rather than deal with them in a more respectable manner.

With the new twist of Minorin potentially joining the run for Takasu's heart I can't help but see a tragedy coming. Takasu is supposed to want Minorin, apparently Minorin also wants him but had been denying it for Taiga's sake, and Taiga doesn't seem to know what she wants. Figuring things have to end up swinging towards TakasuxTaiga means either Takasu and Minorin end up not being as compatible as they thought or Takasu and Minorin's guilt over Taiga's emo pain due to being rebuked by Kitamura will overpower any potential attraction they have and pull Takasu deeper into her web.

RyougaZell
Wed, 01-28-2009, 09:53 AM
When you put it that way I can definitely see Minorin suppresing her own feelings for the sake of Taiga. After all... she always starts saying other things when it seems Takasu is trying to tell her how she feels. Plus... there is the guilt of having pushed Taiga towards seeing her father one year prior (as we can assume from her reactions... she did try the same thing as Takasu... for Taiga to see her father).

The series is obviously set for Taiga to win at the end... but I wouldn't mind Minorin being with Takasu for a while. Ami... I still can't like her that much.

Death BOO Z
Wed, 01-28-2009, 04:47 PM
finally caught up.

that was a narutoesque fight scene (note: not a compliment), but it's a comedy drama, so it's expected to be assed.

I still think that Minorin's character is practically being written for each episode separately. she shifts far too much from quirky, semi-quirky and plain annoying for it to make any sense for me. I can't believe she didn't know that Taiga had a crush on kitamura. she's taiga's best (and only) friend, and she supposedly has amazing insight into people's heart, it's not as if taiga's has been so district about it that it should be treated like an horrible secret.

so, they pushed out the president? I liked her character from the start, she acts like a likable, more self confident Ami. too bad.

I did enjoy taiga's father bits, a nice, deep insight at both taiga and ryuuji. of course, Minorin craze had to ruin it all (no bitch, he didn't gain any amazing mind reading abilities to see that her dad is a jerk, just like her dad fooled you last year. so if there's something you need to say, say it).

Kitamura still doesn't feel like a real character to me, despite his rebellion arc. he's a bit better than minorin, but he also has 'support' written all over.

KrayZ33
Wed, 01-28-2009, 05:14 PM
(no bitch, he didn't gain any amazing mind reading abilities to see that her dad is a jerk, just like her dad fooled you last year. so if there's something you need to say, say it).

/sign

really.. I was annoyed too when that happened, just tell him what happened.
I bet Ryuuji would have done something the second she mentioned it.. but no she had to play the "mysterious hero" part and I was so happy that Ryuuji got mad at her, because he is/was so right.

However Minorin still has some funny moments now and then, which is the only reason why I can endure her, for example the Yu-gi-oh parody (last?) ep and so on. However she destroys everything with her absolutely nonesense behavior and actions.. ( I really disliked it when she joined the Mr. Happy Guy contest for example)

Ryllharu
Wed, 01-28-2009, 05:36 PM
really.. I was annoyed too when that happened, just tell him what happened.
I bet Ryuuji would have done something the second she mentioned it.. but no she had to play the "mysterious hero" part and I was so happy that Ryuuji got mad at her, because he is/was so right.
I believe Minorin went over why she didn't tell him before hand. Takasu simply wouldn't believe her if he told her, because Taiga's dad comes off as such a nice guy to everyone else. He's exactly like Ami used to be. But he only forces Taiga to do things when he's alone with her. Forcing her to move all her shit out of the apartment, promising this, promising that, taking her to expensive restaurants without asking her where she'd actually like to go or even what she actually likes to eat, the list goes on and on. From the outside looking in, it looks like he really cares for Taiga, but you can't know that isn't true until he betrays your trust.

Minorin didn't tell him outright because she fell for exactly the same routine. Unless he experienced his own viewpoint betrayed the same way Minorin's was and how Taiga always ends up, he simply wouldn't believe her.

For Takasu, it was even worse because he never had a father, and the only anecdotes he ever hears about his own father was what a badass Yakuza punk he was. Takasu views his father as a dirtbag, and without ever experiencing what a father was actually like (Yacchan only tells him that he was super cool, and she's pretty unreliable) Takasu was even further tricked into believing that Taiga's father was a good guy.

Takasu impressed his own vision of what finally getting his father back would be like, and made it worse because from the outside looking in, Taiga's dad is a really stand up guy, who like Takasu inwardly hopes about his own father, maybe just got a bad reputation undeservedly.

shinta|hikari
Wed, 01-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Minorin may have thought of it that way, but such thinking in itself is a mistake. While Ryuuji is an emotional fool, he can be easily reasoned with. Even if he does have personal issues that may affect his judgment, a clear explanation of what has happened before should overrule any nice guy act that the father can pull off, especially since the story can be confirmed by Taiga herself.

The only reason why Ryuuji forced the issue was because he was kept in the dark. How can you trust the advice (or rather emotional outburst) of someone who refuses to explain, even if you do have romantic feelings for them?

If Minorin didn't tell Ryuuji about what happened before because she fell for the same routine, she is an absolute idiot. She owes him (or any friend) that much, even if you think he won't believe you. So what if he doesn't believe her (which I don't think will happen)? What harm can at least informing him of the past do? Minorin was only preserving her own feelings, both by not wanting to recount her mistakes and not risking getting hurt if Ryuuji chooses to believe Taiga's father instead of her. Because of that, both Taiga and Ryuuji were hurt.

Marik
Fri, 01-30-2009, 02:19 AM
[CoalGuys] Toradora - 17 [728461D3].mkv (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5BCoalGuys%5D%20Toradora%20-%2017%20%5B728461D3%5D.mkv.torrent)

[Nipponsei] Toradora! OP2 Single - silky heart [Horie Yui].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Toradora%21%20OP2%20Single%20-%20silky%20heart%20%5BHorie%20Yui%5D.zip.torrent)

[Nipponsei] Toradora! ED2 Single - Orange [Rie Kugimiya, Yui Horie, & Eri Kitamura].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Toradora%21%20ED2%20Single%20-%20Orange%20%5BVarious%5D.zip.torrent)

KrayZ33
Fri, 01-30-2009, 09:34 AM
I like both the new OP and ED animation-wise. The music is so-so, but the lyrics from the ED are nice :)

Well I saw the part with Kihara comming already, poor (hot) thing...getting pushed away by those 2 guys. :sob:

Oh and Kushieda was just as annoying as Ryuuji's parrot in this episode, but that might be the case because I didn't get the joke when she was sitting on the desk, talking shit and after she finished doing that, she cried on the floor...

It's ok if she is not okay yet, because she can't sort out her feelings or "allow" them, but at least she could act a little bit more like she did when everyone talked about the christmas party.. and not in such a weird way (this is just *too* weird for me..)

and I want to see more of Ryuuji's mother Yasuko and class C's teacher ^^

but I still wonder how everything will turn out... and who with whom. A happy ending for everyone is surely not possible

Ryllharu
Fri, 01-30-2009, 06:09 PM
I've never been a fan of Yui Horie's songs, there are very few of her songs I've liked...this one is no exception. Something about them just rubs me the wrong way. The new ED was better.

It's a little sad about Kihara. She's way too late to the game, and I wish they would have developed her a little more if they are going to add another vertex to the Love Polygon.

Tanaka Rie's eternally heartbroken sensei is always a good laugh. This was a great rant, she has outdone herself each time so far in this series.

As cheap as it was, I couldn't help but get drawn into Taiga's childlike joy over Christmas. It was kind of creepy, but definitely cute. I like the white coat too.

On to the main topic: Kushieda.

I'm still not totally sure what her fuss is all about. If Taiga can be happy with Kitamura, why is she all bent out of shape about forcing Taiga and Takasu together, leaving her all alone? While it certainly become more complicated with Kihara also announcing her interests, it still doesn't mean that Minorin can't be happy too. Only Kihara would be. Maybe Minorin is holding so grudge about the whole thing because Taiga rejected Kitamura before he joined the Student Council, and now Minorin doesn't like the fact that Taiga wants him later?

The whole thing doesn't make any damn sense, I hope Ami can get to the root of the problem soon.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 01-30-2009, 08:38 PM
woop, new episode, and i'm up to date with it.

first impression of the OP, kitamura gets midly booted, and it seems that he'll have a much smaller role. clearing some space for Ami.

which I'm all in for, since kitamura is boring as hell, and ami is goodness.

Kihara is pretty cute as well, and it seems that she has a sort of functioning brain, did I say she's cute?

as always, Christmas appears awfully out of place in anime. it's proabably a matter of cultural upbringing, but I find it lacking that we see chirstmas before any traditional holiday. also, Taiga trying to be nice can only lead to disappointment.

Kushieda, as previously said by just about anyone, is crazy. and I can hardly say she's worth looking into her actions and trying to find an explanation.

last thing, I think it's a shame we haven't seen the off time that Taiga didn't go to school. it could have been used to show different sides of AisakA and ryuuji when they aren't constantly orbiting each other.

MFauli
Sat, 01-31-2009, 03:07 AM
but I still wonder how everything will turn out... and who with whom. A happy ending for everyone is surely not possible

Not if you go by typical society standards, yeah ;)

KrayZ33
Sun, 02-01-2009, 05:24 PM
[Nipponsei] Toradora! OP2 Single - silky heart [Horie Yui].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Toradora%21%20OP2%20Single%20-%20silky%20heart%20%5BHorie%20Yui%5D.zip.torrent)

[Nipponsei] Toradora! ED2 Single - Orange [Rie Kugimiya, Yui Horie, & Eri Kitamura].zip (http://tracker.minglong.org/torrents/%5BNipponsei%5D%20Toradora%21%20ED2%20Single%20-%20Orange%20%5BVarious%5D.zip.torrent)

how come that Nipponsei's files are always so big? I normally wait until it's on Gendou's site because they are a lot smaller and I can't tell much of a difference in quality.

btw.. I also always wondered what music-company produce animation-songs? is it King Records or what kind of company is doing them?

Marik
Sun, 02-01-2009, 05:46 PM
how come that Nipponsei's files are always so big? I normally wait until it's on Gendou's site because they are a lot smaller and I can't tell much of a difference in quality
Because they don't only contain just one track, it's the entire cd single + scans.

Tracklist:

1. Orange
2. Koi Kurage
3. Orange (off vocal ver.)
4. Koi Kurage (off vocal ver.)

and

Tracklist:

1. silky heart
2. Love Countdown
3. Hoshizora to Pajama
4. silky heart (off vocal ver.)
5. Love Countdown (off vocal ver.)
6. Hoshizora to Pajama (off vocal ver.)

and yeah, both of them are on King Records.

Edit: If you only want the actual OP and ED, here you go.

ED - Orange (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jnoaj5gzzow) | OP - silky heart (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zyfym3h3gbm)

Marik
Fri, 02-06-2009, 02:03 AM
[CoalGuys] Toradora - 18 [83D26DC8].mkv (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5BCoalGuys%5D%20Toradora%20-%2018%20%5B83D26DC8%5D.mkv.torrent)

------

The scene with Ami and Ryuuji in the gym storeroom was great. Ami was right when she said that Ryuuji was acting like a father to Taiga and needed to stop. I wish she would have admitted her own feelings more clearly.

Minorin has been annoying these last few episodes. Her character has always been weird and out there, but it was fun and entertaining at least. Now she's just depressed and gloomy over her feelings for Ryuuji and it's kind of painful to watch.

Taiga was toradorable in this episode, especially in the scene with Santa. I found it hard to believe that she went to an all-girls catholic school. That doesn't suit her character at all.

Ugh, wtf was with the Super Duper Baseball of Doom. It went through a window and a curtain and still managed to destroy the tree.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-06-2009, 07:30 PM
Me - [big love] - Ami.
Me - [really like] - Kiharra
Me - [able to sympathize with] - Taiga.

it's a really nice to hear about taiga and her being from a Catholic school, it puts her character into order. As always, Ami is a girl who got both brains, body and heart. while Kihara is simply really pretty-looking, and has a decent personality.

Kushieda. as usual, is out of place.

edit: when I wrote this post: Me - [simply adore] - 1.6 liters of alcohol

Ryllharu
Fri, 02-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Taiga really shone in this episode. Even if she feels betrayed by her father, and maybe hates her stepmother, she won't let that get in the way of how she feels about Christmas. She tried multiple times in the coversations about the presents to put herself down, 'Doing it out of obligation, doing it out of habit, doing it to satisfy my own selfish desires, etc.'

Taiga, despite how hostile, cold, or nasty she is normally, really loves the Christmas holiday and doesn't want to see it tarnished in any way. She even does her best to make sure that children experience the same happiness she did as a child. It doesn't matter that she was only doing it because she was in a Catholic school then, she's still sending presents to them now.

My heart ached for Ami a little bit in that scene. We saw some truly honest emotion out of her in the storage room. She knew she gave him a nasty impression of her selfishness over the months, and after seeing what kind of person he really is, she wanted to redo it all if she could.

As for Minorin, she's totally going to have an emotional meltdown soon. She almost lost it when she saw that she broke Taiga's party and in her mind, ruined everything for Taiga. Sadly, Taiga couldn't possibly be more benevolent during Christmas (it's gotten a little creepy at times) and it would matter even less to her that it was Minorin who did it. I just wish they'd definitively tell us WHY Minorin has been getting so bent out of shape. We all know vaguely, but it's about time they told us specifically.

animus
Fri, 02-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Poor Yuri-chan.

Minorin is starting to grate on the nerves. Her character has always been out of place, and now it's even crazier.

Also, how the hell did a base ball that already cracked a window, have enough strength to topple that tree? Ridiculous. Maybe if by chance it just hit the star, but the whole damn tree went down. What the hell? Maybe if it was an actual tree with a base, it might. But that thing had a huge flat, circular base. It's nitpicking but it was such a WTF moment for me.

Ryllharu
Fri, 02-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Also, how the hell did a base ball that already cracked a window, have enough strength to topple that tree? Ridiculous. Maybe if by chance it just hit the star, but the whole damn tree went down. What the hell? Maybe if it was an actual tree with a base, it might. But that thing had a huge flat, circular base. It's nitpicking but it was such a WTF moment for me.
What bothered me more about that momemt was that it got through thick blackout curtains as well. It would never have had the momentum to get to the star, much less knock over the tree.

MFauli
Sat, 02-07-2009, 06:54 AM
I actually was disappointed in how easily the christmas tree-matter was resolved. It would have been more interesting if the tree was totally broken/ruined, and everyone started hating Kushieda. Oh, well, maybe i wanted that because Kushieda became such an annoying character.

This episode made me rooting for Ryuuji+Ami-couple even more...just tell him you love him!

btw i&#180;ve figured out the ideal outcome in terms of couples for this series:

Ryuuji + Ami
Kitamura + Taiga/Kihara/Kushieda

That way all of them are happy, and Kitamura the most XD

PS: Yeah, i really think that Kushieda likes Kitamura, not Ryuuji. That&#180;s why Ami spoke with her, and that&#180;s why she dont want to meet Taiga as well. Cant tell her that she likes the guy she likes.

RyougaZell
Sat, 02-07-2009, 12:56 PM
So much hate for Minorin... I guess I'm the only one who likes her on this forum.

The episode was a depressing one... not that it was bad... but rather than it even made me feel bad. LOL. Guess it was that well done.

fireheart
Sat, 02-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Nah I'm quite fond of Minorin as well, she's quite believable in my opinion or maybe that's because I know people that share some of her character only less weird.

Can't really formulate everything that well but ohh well. Even if people aren't liking her because of her being out of it and all, she's far from out of place. Acting all weird to me feels like her way to deal with things, avoiding to become overly close with someone. She's also stated that she's not a nice person so by acting the way she does it makes her feel safe, in a way it's kinda like what Ami did pretending to be nice so people will like her only it's somewhat different in Minorins case. We've gotten plenty of glimpse of how her character is mostly when she's been serious instead of wacky.

MFauli: I disagree, while I'd admit that their wacky personality makes them an interesting couple I doubt that they feel that way about each other. So far they've only had wacky interaction with each other and nothing that actually hints at romantic feelings between them. Not to mention why would Ami ask if her feelings of guilt was gone since if she likes Kitamura as well then it'd be the other way around and she'd feel guilty instead. It's not really that obvious but back in the second ep when Taiga said there was nothing going on between her and Ryuuji Minorin didn't buy it to 100% since she suspected there was more to it.

MFauli
Sun, 02-08-2009, 07:14 AM
Actually, there were a lot of situations where Ami showed that she likes Ryuuji more, and Ryuuji is about the only one in the series who knows Ami&#180;s real self, even more than Kitamura at this point, i&#180;d say.

fireheart
Sun, 02-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Ehh you lost me there because thought we were talking about Minorin. Think most know that Ami have feelings for Ryuuji, what I meant was that there's nothing that point Minorin towards Kitamura.

KrayZ33
Sun, 02-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Finally a more or less "normal" Minorin..
and a very good episode, too.

and it's still a open ending in my opinion.. I can't tell at this moment who will be with whom in the end. I thought Minorin was about to say "I love you Takasu-kun" when they fixed the star *hmpf*... even though I'm not rooting for a Kushieda + Takasu ending, gogo Ami... but she is a bit too passive at the moment.

Marik
Fri, 02-13-2009, 01:37 AM
[CoalGuys] Toradora - 19 [B8C08748].mkv (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5BCoalGuys%5D%20Toradora%20-%2019%20%5BB8C08748%5D.mkv.torrent)

----

Awesome episode.

Looks like everything is starting to take shape now.

KrayZ33
Fri, 02-13-2009, 06:09 AM
Oh wow..

@ 19:32 <3

Finally, great episode.. not really many things to discuss here imho.

Everon
Fri, 02-13-2009, 06:26 AM
What a shitty way to end a christmas themed episode. I love it. :D

MFauli
Fri, 02-13-2009, 08:37 AM
the song is incredibly cheesy, i have to say.

and i still hate minorin. she could have told ryuuji about taiga and everything would finally come to a conclusion. now it&#180;ll probably return to taiga making fun of ryuuji and noone has progressed even a bit.

KrayZ33
Fri, 02-13-2009, 10:25 AM
and i still hate minorin. she could have told ryuuji about taiga and everything would finally come to a conclusion

I doubt that it's so easy... She was most likely already crying just by telling him that they can't love each other.

animus
Fri, 02-13-2009, 10:54 AM
The song was pretty retarded.

Lol @ Kuma Santa. Ami sure gets the short end of the stick. I still won't ever like Kushieda's character.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-13-2009, 08:30 PM
the less we see Kushieda in an episode, the more sense she makes. that has to be some sort of serious writing flaw.

Ami in dinner suit looks like an anorexic girl, while Taiga just looks like a girl playing dress-up with her mothers cloths.

speaking of cloths... is there a costume in Japan that man take the surname of their wives? that way, the R.Aisaka could fit ryuuji.

The FMP bear costume thing was really weird, and other than being a silly moment, didn't make much sense, but who cares...

and again, Kihara looked real good, maybe we can kick Minorin off the show and take Kihara into the main crew?

Shadow Skill
Mon, 02-16-2009, 05:37 PM
I don't think they needed 19 episodes to tell us Taiga falls in Love with Ryuuji. That much was established at the beginning of the series by most posting in here. :P

Yukimura
Wed, 02-18-2009, 11:41 PM
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/2764/pedobearsantasealqn4.png

I think this about sums up my thoughts on the episode.

Marik
Thu, 02-19-2009, 10:34 PM
[CoalGuys] Toradora - 20 [9B0B71FB].mkv (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5BCoalGuys%5D%20Toradora%20-%2020%20%5B9B0B71FB%5D.mkv.torrent) - Direct Download (http://demo.ovh.org/download/5ede86da786e1b968980de4084fc48fb/%5BCoalGuys%5D%20Toradora%20-%2020%20%5B9B0B71FB%5D.mkv)

animus
Thu, 02-19-2009, 11:51 PM
The lack of Ami having any good screen time annoys me. She's now just reduced to an annoying conscience for Takasu, and a foreshadower of stuff to come.

KrayZ33
Fri, 02-20-2009, 06:08 AM
I think I'm going to download the last couple of episodes and watch them after the series ended...

btw why is Kushieda so "friendly" towards Takasu now? Nothing changed between them and it should be the other way around because now she can be sure that Taiga loves Takasu after seeing her crying like that.

And yeah I have to agree that Ami is not really part of the story at all.. I hope this changes in the last episodes but I doubt that.

btw, I wonder if Yuusaku is the one who is now cooking and cleaning for Taiga

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Krazy, you've got a point...

I was sure we're going to see Ami when Ryuji ran to get juice, but then she weren't there. though, I'm enjoying her friendship with Aisaka, they're pretty much kindred spirits.

Minorin never makes any sense, but as long as we hardly see her, it's fine.

also, I really miss the president. She, Ami and Kihara could make an awesome beautiful cast for the show.

fireheart
Sun, 02-22-2009, 08:19 AM
So what exactly is it about Minorin that doesn't make any sense?

By the way in the last episode when they showed Minorins room did anyone think it looked really bare and had almost nothing in it?

krazy: Why wouldn't she? For one thing she's still pretty close to Taiga and in the same class as him so she'll run into him sooner or later. So what's the point of acting all awkward about it? Basically she just want things to go back to before they had the talk about ghosts and such and in order to that she acts more like she did before that as well at least to the best of what she can.

KrayZ33
Sun, 02-22-2009, 10:21 AM
krazy: Why wouldn't she? For one thing she's still pretty close to Taiga and in the same class as him so she'll run into him sooner or later. So what's the point of acting all awkward about it?

that wasn't a problem when she *thought* Taiga likes Takasu.... she avoided him all the time, just because she feared he could get closer to her and make Taiga feel lonely.
Now, she *knows* that Taiga actually loves Takasu and she acts like the exact opposite

fireheart
Sun, 02-22-2009, 11:09 AM
that wasn't a problem when she *thought* Taiga likes Takasu.... she avoided him all the time, just because she feared he could get closer to her and make Taiga feel lonely.
Now, she *knows* that Taiga actually loves Takasu and she acts like the exact opposite

It's simply because she rejected him so in her mind the whole things already settled. Like I said she wants things to go back to how they were before they went to the beach, not everyones relationship rather just her bond with Takasu. If you reset that why would you have to act all weird about it?

Also she didn't avoid him while she thought Taiga liked him since that's the majority of the episodes rather she avoided him after it was said that Taiga liked Kitamura. This in turn means she didn't have to hold back on her feelings which left her confused and unsure what to do hence the avoiding. This is also the second reason why she can act friendly with Takasu again because now she's made a decision which is something she didn't do while she was avoiding him. Since at that point she was just running away from the problem more or less.

One thing that a lot of people think is that she's doing it for Taiga then again that's true and maybe it's just me but that's only part of the reason. In her case being a goofball is a safetyzone and she doesn't have to worry much about the rest. But if Takasu gets closer and closer that safetyzone won't be there. She's not really that good at handling what may come from it and it scares her. Part of that comes from her staying in that safetyzone and not being 100% true to herself, so she's scared that if they become close what happens if they don't like what she really is. She's already said that she's not a good person so her selfesteem isn't exactly at the best and from what's been shown she keeps most friends/teammates etc at a armslength away from her. All in all it's just a big conflict for her and inner turmoil that doesn't show as much.

Marik
Fri, 02-27-2009, 02:12 AM
[CoalGuys] Toradora - 21 [738C2A5F].mkv (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5BCoalGuys%5D%20Toradora%20-%2021%20%5B738C2A5F%5D.mkv.torrent)

David75
Fri, 02-27-2009, 09:08 AM
[CoalGuys] Toradora - 21 [738C2A5F].mkv (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5BCoalGuys%5D%20Toradora%20-%2021%20%5B738C2A5F%5D.mkv.torrent)

Probably the best ep up to now.

Marik
Fri, 02-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Probably the best ep up to now.

I'd say it was. I wasn't expecting a fight scene between those two. Pretty damn awesome.

KrayZ33
Fri, 02-27-2009, 01:59 PM
The fight was cool.. but on the other hand it might have been a bit too much, I expected a few slaps and a bit pushing here and there, but it turned out in another bitch-fight ^^ however I'm glad that it wasn't near the level of the "Taiga vs school rep."-fight.

I have only one bad thing to say about this episode.. why the fuck didn't they notice that Taiga obviously went down the slope and were only able to notice the slide-tracks and the broken net at night, in the middle of a snowstorm.. why didn't the search-teams start there in the first place? that's where she was last seen and since the net was obviously not put in the snow correctly at that point it's not hard to guess that something happened there.. (someone who's working there should have checked and fixed it anyways)

but then we wouldn't get such a "heroic" ending.. so I'm even fine with that.

Ryllharu
Fri, 02-27-2009, 04:49 PM
What really pissed me off about this episode was when Kushieda showed Takasu the hairpin, happily saying it was from Taiga. We know damn well that she would never have accepted it in the first place if she really knew it was from Takasu.

Ami was right to bitch Minorin out in the room. She absolutely deserved everything Ami said, and by the looks of Minorin's reactions, Ami was right about what she was saying more often than not. It's high time someone called Minorin out on her behavior lately. She's trying to force Takasu and Taiga together, but she still refuses to finish him off. I certainly don't think Minorin likes stringing him along, but she certainly isn't making things any better. It reminds me of a woman who only seduces a man because she knows he likes her, even though the man may have a girlfriend or a wife. After she gets his attentions, she pushes him away again. It's not totally the same, but it feels that way.

Ami surprisingly didn't have to reveal the reason why Minorin has been pissing her off so much lately. Even Kihara and the other guys didn't figure it out.

As much as I'd love to see Ami be the victor in this love-square (if she would only get a little more honest with her own feelings), it certainly isn't happening after Taiga's semi-conscious confession.

Poor Kihara, she was weeping most of the episode. Why didn't they make her role more major sooner!

MFauli
Fri, 02-27-2009, 06:29 PM
The bitching in the girls room was fantastic.

And im repeating myself, but again: Kushieda pisses me off to no end, so, totally agree with Ami-chan.

And WTF, after 2 episodes that made clear that Taigi didnt actually love Ryuuji, only didnt want to lose him as a friend...she now confesses his love for him..sigh
I, also, wanted Ami-chan to win that love-battle, but now i cant see how anyone but Taiga will "get him".

I also agree with the big lol @ Kray, where the heck did the search teams look for, if not at the most obvious place? well, ok, plot hole, we&#180;ll survive that i think.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 02-27-2009, 07:15 PM
a great episode, though I think the dramatic ending dulled down the rest of the episode, which was by far fantastic.

Ami may be a bitch, but at least she doesn't pretend to be something else. the more I see Minorin, the less I like her. she's confused about her feelings, but still tries to fix up everything else before sorting out her own emotions. at least Ami is actually showing signs of affection towards Takasu, and despite knowing he won't love her (not in the visible future), she still tries to make him happy.

quick question: 24 eps or 26? it looks like we've gone into 'end series' mode already...

Archangel
Fri, 02-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Does anyone else read the manga?

I've only watched the first episode but it's uncanny how they portrayal of the characters is differently done between the 2.

At a first glimpse i'd say i absolutely prefer the manga but i'll give then anime a shot and i'll watvh a couple more episodes before passing final judgement

Yukimura
Sat, 02-28-2009, 02:05 AM
Nice ep, I'm always happier when things are out in the open instead of being guessed at by everyone watching but danced around by the characters. I had already accepted that there was 0 chance Taiga was not the destined woman back around school festival time but I held out some hope that they'd play it like Takasu gets what he thought he wanted and then finds it lacking instead of the Takasu finds out Taiga likes him and decides to just go with that since he lives to make Taiga happy angle it appears they're going to go.

I'm always up for a cat fight and Ami-Minorin was only an okay fight but it was better than nothing. I too have been getting fed up with Minorin's nonsense lately but I think she's trying to cope by pretending her problem doesn't exist. I certainly don't agree with that strategy but sometimes I find it difficult to hate on high school girls for being stupid about their feelings when there are secondary and tertiary consequences related to those feelings.

I think the best case scenario now for everyone would be Takasu becoming consumed with Taiga's confession, giving up on Minorin, possibly after being toyed with then pushed away again, and finally getting together with Taiga in the end with Ami riding off into the sunset alone and as miserable as ever.

fireheart
Sat, 02-28-2009, 05:46 AM
arch: Nope but I read parts of the novel mostly things that cover up to the episodes I watched. Don't want to read what will happen.

So no one else noticed the other stupid thing besides the whole where Taiga disappeared? Remember when the guys come to stop the fight, I'm quite surprised that everyone of them took the time to take of their skies and lift them up so the could stab them down in the snow with their sticks before trying to stop Ami and Minorin.

Guess some of my arguments doesn't always hold water since some of them are helped by reading stuff from the novels.

Anyway Minorin in my opinion have already more or less sorted out her feelings by now. While Ami does have a point with what she says and right in some things the things Minorin says back is just as true. Just becaus Ami usually have a good grasp on the situation doesn't mean she's right, she doesn't know exactly why she rejected him or what's going on in her mind etc.

Anyone ever wonder what Minorin was doing outside of Taiga and Ryuujis apartment when that's not even on her way to school? While Taiga went to Minorin to make sure she takes a step forward Minorin later went to Taigas place to confirm her feelings to see if it really was ok, in other words depending on how the talk would go she would have started going out with Ryuuji. Obviously though there weren't any need to ask after she saw Taiga crying and screaming for Ryuuji hence the rejection. Several times throughout the whole series it's been said how lonely Taiga is and that she doesn't really have anyone to support her other than Ryuuji. I'm guessing Minorin wants to but after the deal with Taigas father it just became harder seeing as Taiga as well closed up more after it happened.

So you should ask yourself what you would do in her situation. A friend you cared about for a long time and a guy that you actually like. Take the guy and she'll be all alone without anyone to really support her. Or reject the guy so he can still be there for her, somewhat similar to picking between love or friends. She made her choice in that and frankly I don't see anything wrong with that. What I find wrong is that people are all on Amis side and expecting Minorin to more or less have no feelings for Ryuuji and kill him off etc. Can you honestly just kill all your feelings for someone like it was nothing? Obviously Ami was right when she said she thought Minorin at least had some feelings for Ryuuji, but now she can't act on it and keep shoving it away.

She picked what she thought was right and from everything we've seen what Minorin suspected was true that Taiga liked Ryuuji and in this love triangle she backed away, yet that's somehow her fault for not wanting to "destroy" the only pillar of support that her friend have? Seriously what do you want her to do? What would you have done that's so much better except maybe actually talk about it? People can applaude Ami for still helping Ryuuji and trying to make him happy though he won't look her way but no one wants to give Minorin credit for giving up her feelings and a chance of being happy with Ryuuji for the sake of Taiga?

If you're going to be angry at anyone it should be Ryuuji while he hasn't really done anything wrong being there so much for Taiga and showing so much concern etc for her is missleading. Like Ami said the more he tries to take care of Taiga in his "daddy" mode the more he'll end up hurting people which is something that's already happened. It would have been enough if he didn't run after Taiga at the christmas party, at that moment he favored Taiga over Minorin and decided to say "screw all your effort to help me get together with Minorin, I just can' leave you alone" etc and run off. He's simply the cause while Minorins actions towards him is the effect.

By the way it's not really apperant but I'm not really in any camp.

KrayZ33
Sat, 02-28-2009, 06:08 AM
but no one wants to give Minorin credit for giving up her feelings and a chance of being happy with Ryuuji for the sake of Taiga?

that's the point, she didn't give up her feelings...
she didn't even end it clearly and that's also one thing Ami criticized in this episode.

On the one hand she rejects him and on the other hand she lets him come closer again, instead of making things clear.

basically she is doing nothing for like 10 episodes now...(except for spacing out and not knowing what to do of course, which she hides by making no sense at all)
I think what people hate about her is her attitude in the first place.

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-28-2009, 07:11 AM
On the one hand she rejects him and on the other hand she let him come close again, instead of making things clear.Exactly. While Ami has all but admitted to Takasu that she knows she doesn't stand a chance, she still likes him. But she does make it clear. Ami does not want him persuing Taiga if he's just going to be a replacement father to her. Ami understands his want to protect Taiga, but she's fairly convinced it is not romantic love. To Ami, Takasu and Minorin are just playing house.

What pisses her off is that as much as she wants Takasu, she knows that Minorin has him. But Minorin pushes him away a little at a time. Minorin has the chance to be with him, unlike Ami, but she pretends she doesn't want him. Minorin refuses to push him away completely.

This frustrates Ami because Minorin strings Takasu along, and this doesn't give Ami a chance to move in. If Minorin doesn't want him, and Taiga isn't interested either (trying to give Takasu to Minorin) Ami is left wondering why she isn't allowed to make a move for him.

That's why some of us hate Minorin but applaud Ami. When Ami thought she'd lost, she gave him up. But now she's found that neither girl wants Takasu. Taiga was at least trying to make it clear she didn't want Ryuuji, Minorin keeps pulling him back and giving him false hope.

fireheart
Sat, 02-28-2009, 07:17 AM
It depends on how you view it. In my view she did give them up as I said in the most at the top of the page. She did more of a reset than a full rejection and the whole close can be debated because they aren't as close as before. She's not letting him "inside" as much as before now he's standing abit further away. Because to her now their relationship is mearly that of friends, she wants to view him that way and she wants him to view her that way as well.

Also a lot of it is the same as what Kanou did when she didn't answer to Kitamuras feeling and not giving a clear answer. In the same way Minorin doesn't want to lie so she says something else that's not a lie but relates to the matter at hand.

That's also the point why I said can you really just kill all your feelings like it was nothing? There's a certain amount of regret, she doesn't want to be totally cut out which is kinda like Ami said that she wants to be friendly with everyone. Obviously there are problems with it but she's doing what she can to try and make thing less uncomfortable.

Edit ryll: Actually Ami hasn't made anything clear about her feelings towards Ryuuji, nowhere has she really expressed to him how she feels. She's hinted mostly at times when he convinently didn't hear other than that no. And where does it show that Ami given up on him? She tries every now and then to hint at things and take a little step, that's not what I call giving up. She just never makes an outright clear move on him besides it wasn't that long ago that she pulled her last attempt to make a move.

And Minorin isn't stringing him along it's more as Ami herself said she just wants to be friends with everyone and frankly there's a lot of people like that. Just because you reject someone that you were friends with doesn't mean you can't be friends anymore. It's a conflict and it takes time before the complicated stuff clears up compared to if you just cut the relationship right there. As someone else said in Major S5 just because you can't have everything doesn't mean you don't want anything at all.

death: Found it funny how you say Minorin is pretending while Ami isn't seeing as that's what Ami did right at the start.

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-28-2009, 07:58 AM
Aside from you overuse of pronouns at the beginning (thought you were talking about Ami for a bit), I did figure out what you were going for.

I have to disagree though. What Kanou did to Kitamura is not something that should be used as a model. That's why Taiga flipped out at her enough to get suspended. Neither one (Kanou or Minorin) will give their love interest any closure. Kanou ignored it, trying not to give Kitamura enough hope that he would try to follow her, and Minorin is doing the same thing. She's refusing to say outright that she doesn't want to be with him (assuming it will destroy any friendship), and she's just hoping he forgets about it.

Minorin is wrong in thinking that the way she's doing things are going to make it any less uncomfortable. It's obviously only making things worse. Now, neither Taiga or Minorin claim they want Takasu. It's a shove-of-war because each are pushing him back to the other. Now that Ami sees that neither wants him, she wants back in, but Minorin isn't making any room the way she has been acting.

If she really wanted to give him up, yes, she would be able to kill her feelings. Ami didn't do too bad a job at it, and that's another part of what's pissing her off. Taiga even tried divine intervention.

People are going to get hurt, Ami knows it, Taiga knows it, but Minorin refuses to believe it. It just doesn't work that way.

I checked my facts and Ami didn't give up as I thought she did in the Christmas episode. She moved out of earshot and just gave a, "Whatever." However, when they were at the 'Sudoh-Bucks' in episode 20, Ami agreed to Taiga's terms of not hanging around him on the trip...until she heard that Minorin had rejected him. This is what sets her off again at Minorin. From Ami's reaction at the news, she had given up, albeit reluctantly, until she found that out. Then, she was still willing to take a second seat to Taiga, but not to Minorin if Minorin is going to keep rejecting him.

It probably wasn't intentional with the sled, but Ami still takes the interruption as more of Minorin's crap. Minorin is trying to force Ryuuji to Taiga, but she won't let Ami have a chance at all? Ami already knows that Taiga is trying to get Ryuuji together with Minorin.

as Ami herself said she just wants to be friends with everyoneI don't remember this part, do you have an episode and timestamp?

Just because you reject someone that you were friends with doesn't mean you can't be friends anymore. It's a conflict and it takes time before the complicated stuff clears up compared to if you just cut the relationship right there.It actually changes everything. Nothing is really the same afterwards, and the knowledge of that rejection will always be in the minds of both individuals. In my personal experience and that of people I know, it very rarely ever "clears up." Those who think it will or think it has, like Minorin, usually end up getting hurt the most later on.

fireheart
Sat, 02-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Sorry about that kinda stressed at work with people coming in etc more so with the rest of the working squad being sick plus was answering the post above yours at first.

I never meant for it to be a model, it was to point out that the same thing has already happened in the show. And that both of them have respond somewhat the same way in not lying while evading it and leaving their own feelings shrouded in mist.

I still don't find her thinking wrong at least not for her. Sure it's not the ideal answer but when caught up in everything people don't always think clearly. Her way of thinking to me isn't wrong because what she suspected and thought was right on the mark since she's been suspecting Taiga having feelings for Ryuuji for a long time. The only thing that Minorin did wrong that I can think of is to not make it clear enough with the rejection. And that's understandable since come on she's 16 or something like that, doesn't want to lie and tell him she's dumping him because of Taiga etc.

Next is the rest from I said Minorin wants to be friends now so she acts friendly and face it honestly all the things Minorin has done since the rejection is hardly what I'd call interfering with what Ryuuji does. She's hardly done anything other than talk to him normally and even then it's never been that much talk and most of it been without any deeper meaning. So I don't see where her actions after the rejection has in any way been in the way.

There's also another thing that most aren't thinking about and that's the fact that she did it before he confessed to her. Part of the reason why I'm saying it is because technically nothing happened between them and nothing was said.

Also the only one that's really doing any shoving is Taiga, Minorin hasn't done any of a sort instead like I said she just took herself out of the lovetriangle or square but she doesn't know it's a square.

While you say Ami didn't do a bad job at giving up her feelings the same can be said when you talk about the opposite as well. She never really acted on her feelings, she could have done it and tried more than a couple of hints and no other words. So if she doesn't do anything from the start she doesn't have any right to complain.

I disagree on the hurting part because Ami knows people are going to get hurt, Taiga is expecting that only she gets hurt while Minorin is like Taiga and planning to bear the pain herself as well. So if you look at it the only one that doesn't realize that someone is going to really get hurt is Ryuuji.

I thought of her agreeing not being because she was giving up on him rather because she was pissed at Ryuuji for not listening to what she had to say. Kind of like your an idiot remark without actually saying it. Also on her reaction to the news I think it's more surprise because she expected Minorin to start going out with him and not reject him because she think/knows that Minorin likes Ryuuji. And she was willing to take a backseat to Minorin if she wasn't then she wouldn't have helped considering she has a hand in pushing Minorin forward towards Ryuuji.

And Minorin as I've said hasn't done anything to push Taiga and Ryuuji together other than take herself out of the whole thing. Simply because she thinks it'll work out on it's own as long as she isn't part of the matters of love. So exactly how has she been undermining Ami's chances? More so when she doesn't even know that Ami has feelings for Ryuuji.

I meant that Ami said to Minorin that Minorin just wants to be friends with everyone during their first argument in the last ep.

As I said before it depends, I've rejected people and still been on friendly terms with them without any problems and so have several others that I know of. It mostly depends on the one that get rejected if you ask me. Next is the matter that they didn't actually do the confession and rejection thing either so it's a little bit different.

But seriously though what would you do? More so when your dead set on not telling the other person about the reason for rejection nor lie. And as I've said many times now she just wants a reset to before they talking at the beach about ghosts and such.

Ryllharu
Sat, 02-28-2009, 01:03 PM
There's also another thing that most aren't thinking about and that's the fact that she did it before he confessed to her. Part of the reason why I'm saying it is because technically nothing happened between them and nothing was said.
Oh believe me, I thought about it. If anything, this is another mark against her. She wouldn't even let him confess. She knew exactly what he was about to do, and she pushed him away.

But, she didn't do it cleanly. She didn't say she doesn't like him or make an excuse, she didn't even let him speak. She interrupted, asked him to let her speak first, and then ran off before he could reply.

That's cowardice.

Archangel
Sat, 02-28-2009, 09:12 PM
I've only watched till episode 10 but somehow i get the feeling that all 4 of them have a crush on Ryu now :p

Edit: I caught up

Well, shit is getting really complex now. I don't like it how Ami is the one with the lowest chance of winning this one since i liked her character, but Taiga x Ryu is so obvious now that there's really no point in fighting it anymore.

Watching all these episodes at once is really one hell of a roller coaster of emotions:

I remember i enjoyed how the couples we're being setup,
starting to root for Taiga x Ryu,
hating Ami,
loving Ami,
rooting for Ami x Ryu,
having my head explode when Kitamaru confessed to the President,
recovering from my injuries while enjoying Ami's character development,
hating the chick with the read hair for being such a bitch,
having the rest of my poor brain bashed yet again by Taiga's tears on episode 19,
and i would say that the final moments of ep 21 pretty much destroyed whatever was left of my already damaged psyche.

Kind of too much info for just one post but i see that page long texts are pretty much a rule around here and i didn't want to fell left out :p

I guess I'll post again when the show is over ( ;_; only 4 left, god dammit i never catch the good ones on time )

RyougaZell
Sun, 03-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Toradora SOS
http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=20236

Death BOO Z
Mon, 03-02-2009, 06:38 PM
it's like someone animated a fan script made of crap... it's miles away from the way they act in the normal show (not even remotely close).

also, I thought it had some parts of borderline racism. (south Italians go like THIS, but north Italians do like THIS!. mock their craziness)

RyougaZell
Mon, 03-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Its official material on the DVDs.... like Shana-tan and Index-tan...

Archangel
Mon, 03-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Toradora SOS
http://www.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=20236

Wow... fail -_-

fireheart
Tue, 03-03-2009, 05:04 AM
Oh believe me, I thought about it. If anything, this is another mark against her. She wouldn't even let him confess. She knew exactly what he was about to do, and she pushed him away.

But, she didn't do it cleanly. She didn't say she doesn't like him or make an excuse, she didn't even let him speak. She interrupted, asked him to let her speak first, and then ran off before he could reply.

That's cowardice.

Sorry for yet another late post, been caught up in more things than I'd like...

Anyway and that's not normal? That's part of what I like about the show that a lot of things feel real. But for me it also has a different meaning in that since she interrupted it before hand it also means that things are unsaid. This is just my theory but to her if some things are said outloud then it'll probably change things between them, which is why she stopped it before that. Not only because of that but I really do think she doesn't want to lie to him so if he does confess his feelings than it gets kinda harder to reject him. Which also goes hand in hand with the rejection not being clean, like I said if you're not going to lie no matter what and not going to give him the whole truth what would you give him for excuse? If you can come up with something that'd make the rejection clean then my only words are wow.

But to her that excuse makes a lot more sense because if she didn't fall for Ryuuji in her mind then Taiga wouldn't get hurt, so in a way she feels that she's the cause of it.

Ohh and to whoever negrept me for incoherent sentences or whatever it said, don't quite remember. Feel free to actually point out what was incoherent, because honestly I'm not sure what you mean.

Marik
Fri, 03-06-2009, 01:48 AM
[CoalGuys] Toradora - 22 [B8A101E7].mkv (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5BCoalGuys%5D%20Toradora%20-%2022%20%5BB8A101E7%5D.mkv.torrent)

Archangel
Fri, 03-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Kind of a slow episode compared to the last one but enjoyable nonetheless

It looked like Ryu was considering Taiga for a while but in the end he was sounding more like a parent again than a lover

Ami is taking way too long to make her move, it's getting really annoying.

KrayZ33
Fri, 03-06-2009, 09:46 AM
it's getting really annoying.

indeed

Ami was really annoying in this episode.
She doesn't move a finger and is complaining like a slut

That's not the Ami I used to know :(
I can't think of a possibility to include her in the ending if they don't show a bit more action with her in the next epsiode.
She is way too passive and people will simply forget about her..

hmm how to explain..It's just like I want to see some kind of sad ending with her, you know like in Kimikiss and that soccer-girl

animus
Fri, 03-06-2009, 09:53 AM
Yasuko is still the best female in this show.

Archangel
Fri, 03-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Yasuko is still the best female in this show.

Tits >>> Personality

MFauli
Fri, 03-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Nothing beats the annoyance that Kushieda is. GODAMMIT, what the hell is she talking about ghosts?!? Everything that comes out of her mouth is pure crap.

The fact that Ami took her ghost-bullshit serious for a few seconds wasnt great, either.

Aaand Ryuuji being passive sucks. If he had just hugged Taiga once she was in front of his door, everything could have been resolved. "Taiga,....i love you" - "Ryuuji...." - "Letīs have dinner together, everyday from now on" - "What are you talking about, stupid do-" - *kisses her*

Though, of course, a series-ending with Ryuuji-Ami-couple would be 100 times better.

Archangel
Fri, 03-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Though, of course, a series-ending with Ryuuji-Ami-couple would be 100 times better.

Toradora Poll (http://forums.gotwoot.net/showthread.php?t=17023)

/Plug

Death BOO Z
Fri, 03-06-2009, 06:24 PM
honestly, Kushieda is such an annoyance. plus, Ryuuji can't even go to a restuarant without meeting her. it can really get irritating that she doesn't have a fixed work place.

before the OP, I was really worried that the entire episode is going to be a 'what if Taiga was actually dead\never existed' episode that's going to make ryuuji figure out how much he cares for her and how she changed his life. luckily, it wasn't.
Ryuuji is really being a passive pussy about this thing. he could have at least tried to make real contact with Taiga (it's not hard to find someone, even if they don't have a cellphone battery), and the part with taiga being away was completely unnecessary, so was the entire bit with Ryuuji going\not-going to collage and his mom getting a minimum wage work (unlike her job as a hostess, which pays rather good, and fits her schedule and personality much better than being a store helper), we ditched the school angle of the story 20 episodes ago, why go back to it now?

Ami is still my favorite, she was willing to give Minorin a chance to explain herself, but got totally mad when Minorin treated her like one of the stupid classmates. and she's quite right to resent Ryuuji for being such an idiot, not to mention that it's probably the only way for her to get over him.

David75
Fri, 03-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Anyone cared to analyse why Ami loves that place beetween vending machines so much?
Because they are alike in a way? :D
Should it be ecchi, or hentai, I'd go as far as slot machine, but no, I like that character so I'll stop now.

Why is Ryuuji so unaware, well he's a teenager so he doesn't know himself that much, and others -even more if they're girls- it's even worse.

Should he just try to play a little, some girls would fall for him and he could start and understand how it works to be in a relationship/flirt and move forward. But I guess he's "likable" only thanks to Taiga.
After all, no one mentions his looks anymore, he's got girls around playing/talking with/to him. All of this happened only because he's with Taiga, at least that's what I think.
So in the end this glowing effect is just that, and doesn't help him muster the courage to really go for a girl.

Minorin's case:
Minorin is a coward or anything you want, but Ryuuji never really proposed, he stopped before telling anything. It wasn't Minorin's fault, should he be more determined, he'd have found a way to corner her and tell her.
She's running away because she knows she won't be able to resist if Ryuuji really proposes her. She's also running away because Ryuuji's resolve isn't strong enough and she fears Ryuuji doesn't like her enough. After all, should she accept, she needs to be deeply in love with him, and he should be the same to her so that she doesn't regret taking Ryuuji from Taiga.

I guess that should it end with a couple, that would be Ryuuji/Taiga because they insisted on it and because their relationship is the richest/most advanced.

fireheart
Fri, 03-06-2009, 06:56 PM
MFauli: Wait what you really didn't get why she talked about ghosts? Well obviously Ami doesn't have a clue on why she went on about ghosts but we should. Incase you forgot that's what she talked about with Ryuuji at Amis villa.

boo: Uhhh so it's her fault for having a part time job at a place that Ryuuji happens to visit even though neither knew the other would be there? Besides might remember this part wrong but didn't they stated early on that she hops around jobs a lot.

Wait Ami gave Minorin a chance to explain herself? I don't see how she gave her any chance at that whatsoever. If she really wanted to give her that chance then first of all she wouldn't have brought up all the stuff infront of the other girls just an ep ago that was a poor choice. Secondly we know that Minorin uses ghosts and stuff like that as an analogy and has been using for quite some time, how exactly is that treating Ami as an stupid classmate? Minorin was at least trying to tell her something in all seriousness and Ami is the one that walked away. That's hardly what I'd call giving someone a chance to explain something.

Thinking back on it if Ami had talked to Minorin in a normal way without the rest of the girls there and asked about it there would probably have been more of a chance she would have answered instead of getting mad at her. After all Minorin hasn't been hostile against Ami not to mention Minorins gotten several advices from Ami so it's not exactly unthinkable that she'd tell her the truth. But then there'd be no chick fights and drama.

Edit: Ohh and to the new negrep, that doesn't tell me one bit about what in the other post was incoherent. Since that was what I was asking about not what was incoherent in that last post. And so "Anyway and that's not normal?" isn't a sentence? Thought it was a question my bad.

MFauli
Fri, 03-06-2009, 07:57 PM
MFauli: Wait what you really didn't get why she talked about ghosts? Well obviously Ami doesn't have a clue on why she went on about ghosts but we should. Incase you forgot that's what she talked about with Ryuuji at Amis villa..

of course, i remembered that. Itīs still beyond stupid, because a) Ami doesnt know what Kushiedaīs talking about at all, b) itīs stupid ghosts! I mean, it was stupid back then when she brought that topic up before Ryuuji, you know.

Ryllharu
Fri, 03-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Minorin's case:
Minorin is a coward or anything you want, but Ryuuji never really proposed, he stopped before telling anything. It wasn't Minorin's fault, should he be more determined, he'd have found a way to corner her and tell her.
She's running away because she knows she won't be able to resist if Ryuuji really proposes her. She's also running away because Ryuuji's resolve isn't strong enough and she fears Ryuuji doesn't like her enough. After all, should she accept, she needs to be deeply in love with him, and he should be the same to her so that she doesn't regret taking Ryuuji from Taiga.
Uhh...how many times do we need to go over this? Every single time he attempts to confess to her, she cuts him off intentionally and then refuses to allow him to continue. The one time he was absolutely determined to confess to her, Minorin basically said, "Shut up! [something random]. I'm leaving before you can try again." How exactly is this not her fault? He wasn't allowed to say a word because if he began speaking again, she'd already be halfway down the street!

Ryuuji didn't stop. Kushieda cut him off.

You can not defend her actions during that scene. She's a stupid bitch who wants it both ways. Kushieda knows exactly how much Ryuuji likes her, but she won't allow him to say it because she's deluded into thinking that as long as she doesn't let him confess that they can still be friends. Ami keeps trying to tell everyone (mostly Ryuuji) that you can't have it both ways, and Taiga knows it too, which is why she's been trying to separate herself from Ryuuji. Kushieda is the only one who doesn't get this.

Kushieda is trying to still be friends with everyone, but the way she's going about it won't allow for anyone to resolve anything.

I hated her even more after this episode. She's trying the same shit with Ami now, trying to make peace and be friends as if nothing ever happened. Things like what happened between the two of them on the ski trip are incidents that can never be unsaid.

BTW, Yasuko is the greatest bimbo-mother ever. She cares a lot for him, and has an endless faith in her offspring.

fireheart
Thu, 03-12-2009, 10:22 PM
[CoalGuys] Toradora - 23 [36550224].mkv (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5BCoalGuys%5D%20Toradora%20-%2023%20%5B36550224%5D.mkv.torrent)

vejita613
Fri, 03-13-2009, 04:52 AM
I like how Minorin goes from saying "I'll come and save you whenever youre in trouble" to grabbing her hand and yelling at her in a matter of two minutes.

KrayZ33
Fri, 03-13-2009, 07:46 AM
This was scary, I expected someone to die right there or something, lol.. really.
Minorin had such a scary face.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8599/1236943796519.th.jpg (http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1236943796519.jpg)

not to mention the tentacle hair scene.

time for another nice boat ending!
I say the weapon is a baseball bat.

Ryllharu
Fri, 03-13-2009, 03:53 PM
The animation kind of sucked in this episode. Everyone was a lot more angular and more slender than usual.

Ami's a coward too...and that makes me sad.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 03-13-2009, 08:00 PM
well, at least Ami is consistent with what she's doing. she wants to make things happen, even if it means she won't be getting Takasu.
she's completely mirroring Minorin in her actions, but without being two faced about it.

Minorin, of course, is a loose cannon. sure, when she hid the truth and avoided people whenever she didn't like the situation, it was good and fine, but now, when someone doesn't want to talk about something right now and right here, now that warrants a violent response.
she's a complete bitch.

last thing, is anemia such a big deal in japan? whatever anime I watch, there's always someone who faints due to anemia or catching a cold. I know it's for dramatic effects, but still, it happens too many times for it to be just that.

MFauli
Sat, 03-14-2009, 03:05 AM
LOL, wth
Taiga&#180;s reaction at the end was totally overdone. "OH MY GOD, THE PERSON I LOVE IS GOING TO HEAR THAT I LOVE HIM, OH NO, I HAVE TO KILL MYSELF!" lol

Okay episode, though it sucks that Ami has, seemingly, given up on Takasu.

fireheart
Sat, 03-14-2009, 07:15 AM
Not trying to argue here but how is Minorin two faced?

Maybe I'm wrong but thought she got angry/violent because of what Takasu did and in which case I found it totally acceptable.

Last thing I'll ever use to argue for Minorin because it's really this one point that made her a good character imo. Even if she's a coward or whatever people think she is, to me that makes her realistic and prefer she's like that then being some kind of perfect human that does everything right. They all misunderstand each other from time to time, fail in communication, makes mistakes, gets angry etc etc and I find it normal.

Thinking about it the only one I don't like much in the whole show is Takasu, one reason is that while I feel that all the girls are somewhat realistic I can't feel that from Takasu. Also never really liked how he claimed to love Minorin but dropped next to everything to help Taiga and be there for her even on the night that he was going to confess to Minorin. Makes it seem as if Minorin wasn't really important to him since he had Taiga on his mind well almost all the time that we've seen. Basically his feelings felt like they mount up to nothing maybe that's why I don't feel sorry for him after he got dumped.

Ryllharu
Sat, 03-14-2009, 07:39 AM
Thinking about it the only one I don't like much in the whole show is Takasu, one reason is that while I feel that all the girls are somewhat realistic I can't feel that from Takasu. Also never really liked how he claimed to love Minorin but dropped next to everything to help Taiga and be there for her even on the night that he was going to confess to Minorin. Makes it seem as if Minorin wasn't really important to him since he had Taiga on his mind well almost all the time that we've seen. Basically his feelings felt like they mount up to nothing maybe that's why I don't feel sorry for him after he got dumped.Don't forget that Takasu and Taiga's relationship began because of mutual agreement to help the other out because the objects of their crushes were the other's best friend. Then because they are working closely together, everyone misunderstands and thinks the two of them are suddenly going out, everything backfires, then it all works out as originally intended, only for the two of them to realize they fell in love when it's almost too late. Pretty standard Hollywood teen-movie or shoujo-manga material, we've all seen it a million times.

He did love Minorin at first, but as Ami has correctly identified multiple times in the past, Takasu and Minorin were playing house with Taiga. Takasu became a father figure to her, feeding her, taking care of her, et cetera, especially after he found out what an asshole her real father was. Minorin had been doing the same since she found out about Taiga's father.

Minorin was important to him, but proximity often breeds affection, and so Takasu slowly, inexorably, shifted to Taiga. He's too dumb to realize it, and Taiga was too dumb to realize it until she almost had Kitamura, and now she wants to deny it.

He had a crush on Minorin. Nothing more. Crushes fade, and he has finally started to realize it. The problem after that was what Ami mentioned. Does he really love Taiga, or is he still just playing house? Minorin eventually figured it out and tried to reject it (because she is still playing house, and likes it that way), and Ami started to like him herself, but became bitter because she felt others were interfering with her chances and she tried to make Takasu figure out whether he really liked Taiga or not. If not, Ami would probably have swept in, but she's a coward herself. That tangled mess created the strife we now find ourselves watching.

Takasu is just as realistic as the others, it is just sort of in the background because of how gradual fading crushes always are.

KrayZ33
Sat, 03-14-2009, 02:24 PM
What I hate about Minorin is that she tells Taiga to confess her feelings and even screams at her for hidng them, yet she does/did the exact same thing. She loves Takasu but doesn't confess.

She is telling Taiga that she wants to create her own "happiness"/future or whatever., yet she does the same thing as her again and cares more about Taiga's happiness than her own.

Then she gets totally angry at Takasu for lying and ignoring Taigas feelings, yet (again) she did the exact same thing when Takasu tried to confess to her all the time...

She's like a drug addict, telling other people to stop taking drugs because it's illegal and they suffer from doing so.

Minorin should be the last person on earth to tell others what to do in this case... at least in such a aggressive way. And I wouldn't say she has "experienced" such mistakes before and wants to warn Taiga, because I doubt that she realized the mistakes she has done yet

fireheart
Sat, 03-14-2009, 04:51 PM
krayz: I know you weren't the one that said Minorin was a two faced person but just a question. Am I mixing up my English because that seems like a hypocrite more than two faced. Then again I'm not 100% sure on how a two faced person is because always thought that was something more akin to a backstabbing person but kinda unsure now.

ryll: Hmm you're right about Takasu and the shifting of affection (Never really thought about it much), still have a hard time seeing him as realistic compared to the others. But on the crush thing I can agree on but guess I would have liked it if there were more hints of affection for Minorin in his actions or if he thought of her more since it seemed he had her on his mind all the time before the show.

KrayZ33
Sat, 03-14-2009, 05:42 PM
It's pretty much the same.. two-faced can mean that you are hypocritical or deceitful

but I think "hypocrite" is really the better definition here, however two-faced is most likely right too.

edit: two-faced
adj.
1. Having two faces or surfaces.
2. Hypocritical or double-dealing; deceitful.

so two-faced seems to be the "more negative" definition or something, but you better ask someone who is good in english ^^
However, I believe the first definition "Having two faces or surfaces" describes Minorin pretty good.

Marik
Fri, 03-20-2009, 01:05 AM
[CoalGuys] Toradora - 24 [1C3E2CBB].mkv (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5BCoalGuys%5D%20Toradora%20-%2024%20%5B1C3E2CBB%5D.mkv.torrent)

KrayZ33
Fri, 03-20-2009, 06:04 AM
Oh god, this one sucked balls... everyone was unrealistic nice towards them and what the hell is this " I want to marry you" shit about.

I hoped it would turn out a bit more decent.. well let's see what the last 2(?) episodes bring, let's hope they realise how stupid and naive they are. I wasn't far away from dropping this series in this episode.

MFauli
Fri, 03-20-2009, 11:31 AM
I didnt get the bit about Ryuujis grandparents...they wanted to go to Ami&#180;s villa, so what now?

Also, i dont think there&#180;ll ever be an episode where i dont hate Kushieda. The way she cheered for him when he was chasing after Taiga annoyed me so much.

animus
Fri, 03-20-2009, 06:01 PM
How dare he talk like that to Yasuko!

Marik
Fri, 03-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Indeed, even made her cry. :-(

Death BOO Z
Fri, 03-20-2009, 07:24 PM
lol. wut?

how did this situation turn from "lets confess to each other about something we've just recently understood about ourselves" to "lets get married, live under the bridge for two months, and then continue living under that bridge"?
did I miss an episode or something? and where did this Yakuso bit come from? I can understand that it's possible, but bringing that plotline into the story three episodes to the end, and without previous implications of it?

as for the watch, didn't they say it was given to her by one of her customers? isn't it a bit too late to introduce 3 family members (Taiga's mom, Ryuji's grandparents. are they Yakuso's folks or his dad's parents?). I was half terrified (and excited, of course), that Ryuuji's father might pop out and make an appearance.

and still, screw Minorin. she's bitch that continues to force herself on others.

animus
Fri, 03-20-2009, 09:11 PM
lol. wut?

how did this situation turn from "lets confess to each other about something we've just recently understood about ourselves" to "lets get married, live under the bridge for two months, and then continue living under that bridge"?
did I miss an episode or something? and where did this Yakuso bit come from? I can understand that it's possible, but bringing that plotline into the story three episodes to the end, and without previous implications of it?

as for the watch, didn't they say it was given to her by one of her customers? isn't it a bit too late to introduce 3 family members (Taiga's mom, Ryuji's grandparents. are they Yakuso's folks or his dad's parents?). I was half terrified (and excited, of course), that Ryuuji's father might pop out and make an appearance.

and still, screw Minorin. she's bitch that continues to force herself on others.

Naw, the watch was Yasuko's dad or Ryuuji's grandfather. The first time he saw it, he was like "Is this my dad's?", but his mom was like naw, I stole that from my dad when I ran away. So the grandparents are Yasuko's grandparents I guess.

Archangel
Mon, 03-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Best part in the whole episode

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b232/paulosergio96/Untitled-2-3.gif

From "too shy to confess i like her" to "lets get married"...

No comments, i'll just wait to see if the next episode can somehow fix all the retardness

RyougaZell
Mon, 03-23-2009, 12:15 PM
LOL... I haven't seen this thread in a while and I am surprised at all the bitching the latest episodes has caused.

Funny. All this is loyal to the novel. The studio went as far as to animate the latest and final novel loyally, despite it just having been released ONE MONTH AGO.

I at least like that.

KrayZ33
Mon, 03-23-2009, 12:15 PM
now after seeing this .gif 20 times in a row I must say it's really funny how she tripped..

she didn't even "trip" at all she just decided to BANG her head against the ground.. look at how she smashes her head downwards.. amazing! It's like she tries to make a special move or attack to destory the floor... and the more I watch this, the more I hope she can really do it the next time the .gift starts again.

Archangel
Mon, 03-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Someone should write a fanfiction where Minorin gets a concussion from that fall and dies a painful death hooked on the machines while Ryu cheats on Taiga with Ami in the bed next to her

In fact, give me 30 minutes and i'll come up with something

Death BOO Z
Mon, 03-23-2009, 05:58 PM
I dare someone to put in MK1's backward+C lower spin kick and make that gif complete.

Marik
Thu, 03-26-2009, 01:55 AM
[CoalGuys] Toradora - 25 [022C55E3].mkv (http://tor.doctorx.eu/t/%5BCoalGuys%5D%20Toradora%20-%2025%20%5B022C55E3%5D.mkv.torrent)

KrayZ33
Thu, 03-26-2009, 08:28 AM
Hmmm the ending was pretty good I guess. I'm more than just happy that they saw each other again in the end, it really saved the mood.
Everything else would have been extremely stupid imho.
(I didn't really understand why she left in the first place btw..totally unecessary)

MFauli
Thu, 03-26-2009, 08:30 AM
Okay final episode, i&#180;d say.

Kushieda&#180;s speed was the most embarrassing thing ever, though.

And i totally didnt get why Taiga couldnt tell Ryuuji that she has to go to her family to make things better...no, she has to leave inmidst of the night without saying anything :-/

Death BOO Z
Thu, 03-26-2009, 07:39 PM
well, it was a weird.

they skimmed through the family\marriage story and went back to the normal storyline, but they managed to tie it up nicely in the end.

not many anime characters make me feel this way, so Kushieda is really special in that, I really wanted Ryuuji to domesticate violence her ass. it's the 25th episode, Takasu knows Taiga far better than her, so how can she allow herself to go around bitchslaping people?
I mean, couldn't he just tell her that she know nothing about what's going on between him and Taiga, and that unless she wants to become a star (or be one with the UFOs, whatever proverb rocks your boat) she better stop hitting people? one day that habit will get her in trouble.

I liked how the relationship of Taiga and Ryuuji developed throughout the episode, felt very realistic.

as Usual, Ami and Kihara were perfect.

RyougaZell
Thu, 03-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Very loyal to the novel to the very end. Nice ending. Liked the series and ALL the characters.

Yukimura
Fri, 03-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Minori really needs to stop going around slapping people and focus on her budding lesbian relationship with Ami (don't tell me you all didn't see the undertones). I wish just once an anime guy would slap a girl back and tear her a new one after being stupidly slapped.

Anyway, as usual Taiga's behavior seemed a little weird but I've come to accept that that's just Taiga. I must admit though I didn't really feel the love so much with this ending. It felt like the characters were going through motions that look like love but the emotional bond just didn't seem much different from a really strong friendship without external romantic distractions. Why they ran away in the first place also didn't make much sense at first but seeing how Taiga had to move away to live with her mom it makes sense that they ran away to avoid being separated from one another. Of course, coming back and then getting separated anyway didn't seem to be such a huge blow for their relationship after all so I guess the only good that came out of it was more screen time for Yasuko.

All in all this finale left me with something of a meh reaction overall. I liked most of the characters when they were at their best and had fun times watching the show but in the end it just didn't wrap up well enough to make me care about the final getting together of Tiaga and Takasu. I thought the kissing scene was pretty cute though so at least there was that. Perhaps this feeling was inevitable though since (I assume) the novels continue on but still, I think it was worth the watch.

RyougaZell
Fri, 03-27-2009, 11:35 AM
The final novel was published one month ago.
This ending WAS in the novel. The animation studio worked directly with the author to have an ending as loyal to the manga. The only change was that the kiss scene took place in the bridge, instead of Ryuuji's Granparents home. There's no more ToraDora (with this characters at least... there is a spinoff but there is no Taiga, Ryuuji, Minorin, Kitamura nor Ami)

Death BOO Z
Fri, 03-27-2009, 02:18 PM
There's no more ToraDora (with this characters at least... there is a spinoff but there is no Taiga, Ryuuji, Minorin, Kitamura nor Ami)

how does that work?
Kihara maybe? the president? I'll watch that.

somebody else? burn them.

Yukimura
Fri, 03-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Awww, so that was supposed to be the ending? That makes it even more meh for me, I just don't feel like "and they got together" is enough closure any more.

RyougaZell
Fri, 03-27-2009, 03:41 PM
how does that work?
Kihara maybe? the president? I'll watch that.

somebody else? burn them.

The President's Sister and a new guy. Actually... both appeared on the anime, as special cameos.

Sakura Kanō (狩野 さくら ,Kanō Sakura?)
Voiced by: Kana Asumi
Sakura is Sumire's younger sister who attends the same high school as Sumire (school president that Kitamura likes) though her grades are horrible. She can unconsciously flirt with people, and like her sister, she hates snakes.

Kōta Tomiie (富家 幸太 ,Tomiie Kōta?)
Voiced by: Nobuhiko Okamoto
Kōta is a first-year student who is the main character to Toradora Spin-off!. He is generally unhappy about his life. He works on the student council in general affairs, and gets good grades.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/RyougaZell/14166.jpg

Synopsis
1. The Cherry-Coloured Tornado of Happiness

Tomiie Kouta is a 1st year high-school student. One day, Kouta meets with Kano Sakura, the younger sister of Kano Sumire who is "everyone's brother" and the Student Council President. Kouta is attracted to the bright and cute Sakura, but Sakura was a naive innocent girl who did not know her sexual attractiveness!

Kouta, who is led to help Sakura study for her failed mid-term test retakes, struggles with immoral imaginations and thoughts being in front of Sakura... What's going to become with the love between Kouta, who is not used to being happy, and Sakura who has no idea of whatsoever...?!

Adding to the story of an destined-to-be-unfortunate boy and an innocent girl, a new story of Taiga and Ryuuji is also included-- Super Romantic Comedy "Toradora!" Spin-offs appears!

2 Novels have been published about this spinoff. The latest on January 2009.

ToraDora (main) has 10 novels. First one published on March 10, 2006. Last one (final volume) March 10,2009. And like I said... the anime did include this last novel.

Fun fact... Ryuuji got to see Taiga again only 2 months later, at the beginning of 3rd year, instead of a whole year later, at graduation.

KrayZ33
Fri, 03-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Awww, so that was supposed to be the ending? That makes it even more meh for me, I just don't feel like "and they got together" is enough closure any more.

in my opinion this ending was pretty good... and it's not only that "they got together" but also "they are STILL together" even though she went to another school.

what I didn't like though is that we don't get to know what Ryuuji and Taiga are planning to do now... college, work, leeching from parents etc.. you know, that side story which was thrown in in the middle of the series was left unanswered

nonetheless, I'm quite happy that it ended so "casually", it looks a bit more realistic this way
but maybe, it would have been cooler if they met each other at the same college or something ^^

Ryllharu
Sat, 03-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Finally bothered to catch up. I was very happy with the ending in general. I won't deny that Minorin turned around a little bit and I really couldn't hate her too much these last two episodes (though she's still extreme).

The highlight of these two episodes were the adults, especially Yacchan. She was my favorite character through most of the series, and she didn't dissappoint. She's still a good mother, even if she's a ditz. She may have been a little selfish at times, but nevertheless, she always put Ryuuji first. Even Yuri-sensei had a better-than-average speech. It ended in a comedic rant, but she still had very wise words for her students.