PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 419

docdan63
Thu, 10-02-2008, 02:48 AM
Here are some spoiler pics and summaries for the most recent chapter

http://garbagebin.wordpress.com/2008/10/01/naruto-419-spoiler/

I'm intrigued by the Danzou theory the most. I've kind of been letting that simmer on the back burner on low heat. Until now, that is.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 10-02-2008, 06:52 AM
Looks like Pain is ripping out someone's soul!

Assertn
Thu, 10-02-2008, 10:12 AM
lol, Danzou has EMS? Riiiight

Abdula
Thu, 10-02-2008, 01:51 PM
And here I was thinking the chapter was out already, freaking spoilers.

lol, Danzou has EMS? Riiiight
Lol, its so ridiculous it just might be true:rolleyes:

Rikudo
Thu, 10-02-2008, 02:44 PM
If Danzou turning up as an Uchiha is true, from now on I'll assume all shinobi that's masking their eyes is an Uchiha.

So glad to see the 8-Tails alive, the fool is interesting. I hope to see a Kisame Vs. 8-Tails.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Thu, 10-02-2008, 08:39 PM
If Danzou turning up as an Uchiha is true, from now on I'll assume all shinobi that's masking their eyes is an Uchiha.

So glad to see the 8-Tails alive, the fool is interesting. I hope to see a Kisame Vs. 8-Tails.

I hope not, cuz that would open up a whole Danzou = Obito thing!

Marik
Fri, 10-03-2008, 02:03 AM
SleepyFans

MediaFire - http://www.mediafire.com/?0dz10vmvtzi

Online Viewing - http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/419/01/

Rikudo
Fri, 10-03-2008, 02:18 AM
It looks like each of Pein's body represents a sage path.

The thing I don't get is the, "The real one is not here" clue. It probably has to do with Konan.

conquistaDan
Fri, 10-03-2008, 03:03 AM
I like how Pain plans everything out really well with his bodies as managers of a company executing a new plan of action in Microsoft or something. That was sweet. I also like how the orb of security works with those "priest" security alarm guys. Good chapter.

SilentSnake
Fri, 10-03-2008, 05:11 AM
I liked Zetsu's rotfl on tentacle the most tbh :D

Death BOO Z
Fri, 10-03-2008, 07:04 AM
first impression, kishi does the usual: "I know some things were different before, but kindly look away and glare at this shiny object!"

(in consideration of the ninja barrier, and by the 8-tails asking killerbee about summoning him)

what's the deal with the enka thing? and sabu?

demon, ghost, hell... really pushing it, i think.

still, an exciting chapter.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 10-03-2008, 07:10 AM
LOL @ the fact that people are fighting in the latest anime ep about the akatsuki level ninja's not falling for a henge.

Good chapter really, Always like to see one "man" tear up an entire village.

Marik
Fri, 10-03-2008, 07:14 AM
what's the deal with the enka thing? and sabu?
Enka = Traditional Japanese folk music.

Sabu = Real life Enka singer, Saburo Kitajima who is commonly nicknamed, Sabu-chan.

RyougaZell
Fri, 10-03-2008, 08:36 AM
LOL @ the fact that people are fighting in the latest anime ep about the akatsuki level ninja's not falling for a henge.

Good chapter really, Always like to see one "man" tear up an entire village.

LOL indeed. That was pure win. Too bad Kishimoto choose to give Killerbee so many damn pages. I wanted to see more of Pain.

RasenDori
Fri, 10-03-2008, 08:47 AM
i liked the use of a random hyuuga clan branch members. i always wondered why weve never seen more fodder ninja from any of the mentioned clans

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 10-03-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm just happy that Danzou with a sharing bs is just that, bs. Otherwise, it's nice to see that Sasuke, once again, "achieves his goal" only because his opponent let him.

Assertn
Fri, 10-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Are you sure that was a henge? It looked more like a kawarimi...

darkshadow
Fri, 10-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Lol, seems kishi still has some common sense left, I was still kinda pissed at sasuke "one shotting" hachibi, but seeing he is alive and well is pretty awesome.
Don't even really care about "danzou uchiha", I mostly want to know what raikage and hachibi are going to do now ;o

Abdula
Fri, 10-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Yeah it definitely looked like a substitution jutsu and I gotta say I don't like that guy at all but its nice that someone actually overcame Sasuke's bs. Him running away from his brother and the village is pretty good too, finally seeing a Jinchuuriki acting like a Jinchuuriki is nice. Still he really didn't need to waste so many pages on Bee nor did he need to show us two pages of the cloud ninjas squabbling and lol at Raikage crying.

I'm with DBZ on the realms thing, but I really can't complain about Pain. Did we really just see one of them rip out someone's soul. Awesome.. Bet sharingan can't do that.

animus
Fri, 10-03-2008, 12:58 PM
One of them shot missiles, lolwtf.

I enjoyed Zetsu laughing at the tentacle. But Bee's monologue about Sasuke was retarded. He was dominating all of Hebi single handedly without use of any jutsu or eight-tails. Strongest ever my ass, does that mean he's never fought his brother or consider him strong? Or, he just didn't consider him at all.

If Raikage turns out to be a bitch, what's the point of having these Kages then if they're gonna be as weak as piss.

Rikudo
Fri, 10-03-2008, 01:50 PM
One of them shot missiles, lolwtf.

I enjoyed Zetsu laughing at the tentacle. But Bee's monologue about Sasuke was retarded. He was dominating all of Hebi single handedly without use of any jutsu or eight-tails. Strongest ever my ass, does that mean he's never fought his brother or consider him strong? Or, he just didn't consider him at all.

If Raikage turns out to be a bitch, what's the point of having these Kages then if they're gonna be as weak as piss.

The translation said, Sasuke was "one" of the strongest he'd fought. Not the strongest. Killer Bee probably never seen the outside world that much and was secluded in his village.

animus
Fri, 10-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Hm, must've read it wrong. But still, busting out all eight of his tails for someone he was manhandling just for a lolplotdevice moment of giving Sasuke a reason to pull Amaterasu out of his ass.

Rikudo
Fri, 10-03-2008, 03:51 PM
True. K-Bee just got so excited that he has to pull his trump card out. I don't blame him though, he's probably sick of training all the time and not having to go in a real fight. Either way, he got Sasuke to push himself to the limit too.

Archangel
Fri, 10-03-2008, 04:46 PM
I'm with DBZ on the realms thing, but I really can't complain about Pain. Did we really just see one of them rip out someone's soul. Awesome.. Bet sharingan can't do that.

... for now.

Bee used the eight tails for a simple reason: - Because he could.

If you can finish off your opponent in a flashy way why would you choose not to do so? Especially when you're a gangster rapper ninja xD

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 10-03-2008, 04:49 PM

I dont think that makes it any better. If anything that makes it even worse. :cool:

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 10-03-2008, 05:19 PM
I'm rather fond of the fact that these basic techniques and their variations actually work, like plain old henge and replacement technique.

Abdula
Fri, 10-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Well we did see Sasuke use a substitution jutsu on Itachi's amaterasu and I guess Bee did something similar here but I wouldn't call either of those basic.

Assertn
Fri, 10-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Exactly. Even basic techniques have varying levels of skill and effectiveness. Oro used lots of kawarimi techniques...in addition to the skin-shedding one, he also used a mud-variant one several times during the chuunin exams / hokage fight.

Same principle applies for bunshins. Rarely will you see a higher-level ninja use regular bunshins, but water or kage bunshins are common among even the strongest ninjas.

toonice714
Fri, 10-03-2008, 09:20 PM
Well i dont know about you guys but this chapter kinda pissed me off. Im tired of kishi giving "wins" to sasuke and almost nothing to naruto. Sasuke has had like 10 default wins since this time skip occurred. Lets actually have a fight without "johns". (Johns=excuses) Lets remember all the fallen shinobi who fell but "they werent really trying"
Oro
kimmimaro
deidara
itachi
sasori
oh wait....... practically every one but jiraiya

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 10-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Who'd Sasuke get victories over? Sasuke made team kakashi look stupid, sure. But that's no victory. That was barely even a fight. It got stopped, and I'm not convinced that he could've handled all of them if they were serious. Sasuke beat Orochimaru, while he was sick because his body was starting to reject him. Sasuke beat Deidara, marking victory number 1. Sasuke beat Itachi, who was sick, dying, going blind, and not even serious about killing Sasuke at all. Sasuke then beat the 8 tails, who wasn't really beat. He just made it look like he lost so he'd have an excuse to escape. So all in all, Sasuke got 1 "john"less victory.

Naruto got the same. He killed a 4 hearted kakuzu, or was it three hearts? I forget. Not that it mattered, because the way he killed him probably would've taken out all five. Naruto fought Orochimaru and plain old outpowered him. While it's clear Orochimaru would've lost that fight if he didn't run, again, he was sick, and Naruto was god. The rest of Naruto's battles just weren't all that serious.

edit: and uh...how was deidara "not really trying"?

Tyreal
Fri, 10-03-2008, 11:07 PM
edit: and uh...how was deidara "not really trying"?

I wouldn't count it as not really trying but I think Deidara was missing an arm when he fought Sasuke (or maybe he was missing two I can't remember now) and considering that Deidara used the mouths in his hands as his main way of making bombs to attack, Sasuke had a pretty good advantage from the outset of the fight.

Abdula
Sat, 10-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Sasuke had an advantage? Are we talking about the same battle here, when did Sasuke have an advantage was it when Tobi distracted Sasuke and Deidara attacked from above or perhaps when Deidara was flying around in the air out of Sasuke's reach and Tobi was planting bombs underground for him or when Deidara used freaking microscopic bombs? Seriously.

poopdeville
Sat, 10-04-2008, 12:35 AM
K-Bee is pretty cool. He seemed like such a dumb ass before, but it was interesting to see that he is friendly with his bijuu. It was sad to see the Raikage worry about his brother -- I guess that explains why Hachibi was the "first" bijuu taken to get an international response. (Yeah right, Shukaku gets that honor). Also, I can't imagine kage-level lightning jutsu being weak.

Also, Pein. Finally. Invades. Konoha. Naruto didn't even make an appearance in the chapter. Konoha is toast.

Abdula
Sat, 10-04-2008, 12:40 AM
He didn't even make and appearance but you just had to go and mention him right:rolleyes:

Not enough Pain in this chapter to satisfy me.

conquistaDan
Sat, 10-04-2008, 03:09 AM
Not enough Pain in this chapter to satisfy me. Me neither, but I don't care for him as much as I want to see his bodies do some damage. I don't care for him. His eyes have even yet to yield any large return on our reading investment.

What I'm confused about is, who the hell was the byakugan user in the patrol group? I thought all of the hyuuga clans members were dead besides Hinata and Neji. Where did he come from?

Archangel
Sat, 10-04-2008, 05:42 AM
Not enough Pain in this chapter to satisfy me.

Pulling out the soul of your enemies is more than enough for me :p Pain is just totally badass.

Lets remember all the fallen shinobi who fell but "they werent really trying"

Oro
kimmimaro
deidara
itachi
sasori
oh wait....... practically every one but jiraiya

- Oro was trying, but he was also dying at the time

- Read above

- ... are we talking about the same dude who blew himself up as a last resort to kill his enmy?

- True, and it was a shame he had to die while doing it

- Only against the final attack, and even that is dubious

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 10-04-2008, 06:16 AM
Me neither, but I don't care for him as much as I want to see his bodies do some damage. I don't care for him. His eyes have even yet to yield any large return on our reading investment.

What I'm confused about is, who the hell was the byakugan user in the patrol group? I thought all of the hyuuga clans members were dead besides Hinata and Neji. Where did he come from?

Nah...the Hyuuga are pretty well established. Something about Neji's uncle always saying "Hyuuga are strongest in Konoha". A Hyuuga massacre was never mentioned. We just didn't really get to see very many of them. Kind of like we didn't get to see very many of the aburame clan, or whatever choji's clan name is.

Abdula
Sat, 10-04-2008, 12:00 PM
The Abarame clan is Shino's clan, Chouji's clan is the Akimichi clan. And yeah the Hyuuga clan is still there along with the other clans that were mentioned, we just don't get to see any of them.

animus
Sat, 10-04-2008, 12:20 PM
It always kinda annoyed me how Kishi didn't flesh out those clans. They have so much potential, but he loves his Emosuke with all his heart. All we do see is their one occasional fight, and one or two of each of their parents. There is no sense of build up. They went straight from genin-type level ninja's to fighting S-level criminals that surpass a Hokage in under 200 chapters. We never really get a good transition of those levels. These clan head jounins are basically fodder at this point, Kakashi too.

When I started watching the series some years ago, I always thought it was gonna be a One Piece type, where you would see progress among a group of individuals. Sure it's called Naruto, but even he changed from what I thought he was gonna be. Kishi really should learn from Oda, and learn2notsuckatpacingandplanning.

toonice714
Sun, 10-05-2008, 12:16 AM
I was annoyed because it seems like all the enemies enter these battles with excuses.
Kimmi-sick, Oro-dying, deidara-missing arms itachi-sick, not trying or had a battle prior and sasori-gave up towards the end of his fight kinda. I think its funny that the only bad guys that were legitimately defeated were near immortal......i mean wtf. Its harder to find a plausible excuse to beat normal ninja than immortal ones? I know this is a dumb thing to knit-pick over but it has been urking me. Bleach too......but bleach is terrible so whatever. If naruto ever gets as bad as bleach storywise im going to stop reading naruto just like i stopped reading bleach..............bleach is dumb.

Archangel
Sun, 10-05-2008, 06:06 AM
I was annoyed because it seems like all the enemies enter these battles with excuses.
Kimmi-sick, Oro-dying, deidara-missing arms itachi-sick, not trying or had a battle prior and sasori-gave up towards the end of his fight kinda.

Dude oro wasn't dying when he was defeated because he was killed by itachi and not sasuke, Deidara had no missing arms in his fight against Sasuke, just my opinion but i don't think that kimimaro's power was slowed down at all because of his disease ( except at the end ofc ), but you are definitely right about Itachi.

Seriously guys, Naruto has already enough crap we can complain about, there's no need to come up with new one that isn't true.

poopdeville
Sun, 10-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Orochimaru's body wasn't failing when Sasuke sealed him in his mind?

News to me. Dying is the reason Orochimaru tried to take Sasuke. And was defeated. And he was still dying when Itachi killed him. It's not like escaping from Sasuke's mind solved Orochimaru's health problems.

Archangel
Mon, 10-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Orochimaru's body wasn't failing when Sasuke sealed him in his mind?

News to me. Dying is the reason Orochimaru tried to take Sasuke. And was defeated. And he was still dying when Itachi killed him. It's not like escaping from Sasuke's mind solved Orochimaru's health problems.

It wasn't like orochimaru sealed his body inside Sasuke ( that shit would be beyond weird ), so i'll have to believe that when Itachi owned his ass he was 100%

chet_chetty
Mon, 10-06-2008, 04:30 PM
I think Oro was in more of an ethereal form after Sasuke went over the line using the curse seal. Otherwise Oro would have had full control of Sasuke's body and that's what Itachi would have needed to kill to kill Oro. I find it hard to believe that Oro gets the bonus of getting his original body back just because Sasuke milked the cursed seal. Either way I think Itachi wanted and forced Oro to come out so he could cleanse Sasuke's consciousness of Oro.

SilentSnake
Tue, 10-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Either way I think Itachi wanted and forced Oro to come out so he could cleanse Sasuke's consciousness of Oro.

Since he said so in the manga I suppose you are right ;)

Oro wasn't 100% in this fight, why would he even be? constant struggle with Sasuke to come out, crap body, doesn't sound like an extremely good shape, does it? :P

Abdula
Tue, 10-07-2008, 05:03 PM
First of all it was not a battle, more like the snake poked its head out and Itachi cut it's head off. Secondly Oro was 100%, there was nothing wrong with Oro himself, what was killing him was the fact that his previous body was rejecting him but as we all saw he left that body when he used his transfer technique and went inside Sasuke's body.

Death BOO Z
Tue, 10-07-2008, 06:20 PM
nothing wrong with him?
the guy was barely reborn and was thrown into battle.
that's like waking up and having your head chopped off before washing your face.
heck, Oro probably wasn't aware of his 'life' during the downtime.

Abdula
Tue, 10-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Oh but we know he was aware, he knew exactly what was going on and was even communicating with Sasuke. And what the hell are you talking about, you guys make it seem as if something special happened. Oro used his body transfer jutsu as usual and just lost the mental battle to Sasuke. Once Sasuke was out of power he gave control over to Orochimaru who was sealed by Itachi. End of story.

SilentSnake
Wed, 10-08-2008, 06:34 AM
Oh but we know he was aware, he knew exactly what was going on and was even communicating with Sasuke. And what the hell are you talking about, you guys make it seem as if something special happened. Oro used his body transfer jutsu as usual and just lost the mental battle to Sasuke. Once Sasuke was out of power he gave control over to Orochimaru who was sealed by Itachi. End of story.

So Sasuke is out of power, Orochimaru gets control over a body that is OUT OF POWER.

I feel like the above logic is out of power :p

Archangel
Wed, 10-08-2008, 06:36 AM
You've been agreeing with me too much lately Abdula, it's freaking me out.

Abdula
Wed, 10-08-2008, 09:27 AM
So Sasuke is out of power, Orochimaru gets control over a body that is OUT OF POWER.

I feel like the above logic is out of power :p
You're the one who is lacking logic. Oro doesn't get his power from the body he uses, the host body has to be strong enough to be able to withstand his power though which is why he needs a strong host. The very reason he was "sick" before was because the body he was in wasn't strong enough to sustain him.

Oro was giving Sasuke power he wasn't using Sasuke's power. Do you think he would have been able to use his hydra technique, probably the strongest technique we have ever seen him use, if he was out of power.:rolleyes:

You've been agreeing with me too much lately Abdula, it's freaking me out.
Well you've actually been making sense lately so I have no choice.

chet_chetty
Thu, 10-09-2008, 05:30 AM
So why wasnt Oro using Sasuke's body once Sasuke gave control over to him?

animus
Thu, 10-09-2008, 02:46 PM
Cause he's Sasuke, duh

SilentSnake
Sat, 10-11-2008, 05:59 PM
You're the one who is lacking logic. Oro doesn't get his power from the body he uses, the host body has to be strong enough to be able to withstand his power though which is why he needs a strong host. The very reason he was "sick" before was because the body he was in wasn't strong enough to sustain him.

Oro was giving Sasuke power he wasn't using Sasuke's power. Do you think he would have been able to use his hydra technique, probably the strongest technique we have ever seen him use, if he was out of power.:rolleyes:

Oro used his body transfer jutsu as usual and just lost the mental battle to Sasuke. Once Sasuke was out of power he gave control over to Orochimaru who was sealed by Itachi. End of story.

In that particular case Oro's jutsu was not completed and Sasuke kept some chakra on all the time to not let Oro finish it (at least that's what it looked like in the old chapter). That means it's hard to say whose "power" actually Oro had, old body's I suppose, but then again that body was dying.

Either way Itachi pretty much pwned Oro back then and it wouldn't matter if Oro was 10%, 50% or 100%.

Archangel
Sat, 10-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Either way Itachi pretty much pwned Oro back then and it wouldn't matter if Oro was 10%, 50% or 100%.

Quoted for truth

The discussion of either Oro was 100% or not had little merit do to the fact that even if he was 110% Itachi would still own his ass in an epic way.