PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Episode 372

DarthEnderX
Sun, 09-28-2008, 05:50 PM
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1856343

Death13a
Sun, 09-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Once Luffy gains permanent power of Nighmare Luffy and able to use it freely only then he will challenge for title of Pirate King.

Well even if Strawhats will beat Moria, they still need to pass be Kuma.

Assertn
Sun, 09-28-2008, 09:32 PM
The shadows were supposed to give luffy techniques, but apparently it just made him physically stronger instead.....

DarthEnderX
Mon, 09-29-2008, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I was a bit dissapointed that it went by so fast.

To be fair though, the shadows they put in him probably weren't particularly skilled, otherwise their zombies wouldn't have been purified by the peanut gallery there.

So yeah, their strength was probably the most useful thing Luffy got from them, and even that was only because there was a hundred of them added up.

I mean, when you think about how Luffy can easily defeat 100 low-level badguys like he did on Enies Lobby, adding 100 low level people's power to his own probably didn't even double his strength.

Overall, I loved the episode, but it felt really REALLY DBZ. Everything about Nightmare Luffy just screamed SSJ to me.

Assertn
Mon, 09-29-2008, 10:40 AM
That wouldn't make sense though....
The shadows have no physical qualities, so it doesn't make sense that they would do something like change a container's muscle-mass. The whole reason why Hogback prepares strong zombie containers is because the physical power of the zombie is reflected by the container, not the shadow. This is why Zombie Brooke was stronger than Brooke.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 09-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Yeah, your right. In hindsight, it doesn't really mesh with what was established.

Now I'm even more dissapointed...

RyougaZell
Mon, 09-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Im actually pleased the fight went that fast. I didn't want a 'oh Nightmare Luffy has 3 minutes before his power is gone' scene that lasted 5 episodes a la DBZ.

I think the body mass was caused because of so many shadows. The first one didn't make Luffy get bigger.

Remember what Moria said... he manipulated Luffy's shadow to make Moria stretch. Luffy having 100 shadows... his body was enlarged to allow them all to be inside him.

Raven
Tue, 09-30-2008, 03:34 AM
Maybe they consider an attribute or a skill of a shadow to be a "strength", therefore with 100 shadows Luffy is much "stronger" and then they just make it literal. :rolleyes:

It was still pretty cool though, even though it was quite DBZish. I liked seeing Oz and Moria get pummeled. Looks like we're nearing the end of the arc, if the preview of the next ep is anything to go by.

Archangel
Wed, 10-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Dam i wish we could have seen more from nightmare Luffy.

The arc should be over in 2 or 3 episodes, that is assuming that kuma won't join in the battle.

By the looks of the priview it seems we'll be seeing " Nightmare Moria" on the next ep, can't wait for that :D

Assertn
Wed, 10-01-2008, 01:38 PM
By the way....did you guys figure out which zombies have which of the losers of the forest's shadows?

Lola's is pretty obvious, but I completely overlooked the Risky Bro's zombies in the manga

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Aside from Lola's, no, I didn't recognize any of them.

I was kinda hoping to see that general zombie with the 4 arms and pistols' person.

boilerph
Wed, 10-01-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm pretty sure the Risky Bros are the ones that Sanji's zombie got added to under Perona's command but they could be the 2 that are always running back and forth to Moria. I know the zombies announce themselves as the Ricky bros when they are facing one of the strawhats but I don't remember exactly where.

Assertn
Thu, 10-02-2008, 01:48 AM
nah, i think the squirrels were the ones that called themselves risky bros.
Ah, found it: 10:35 in ep 345....Perona says the risky bros are bringing the coffin with nami, usopp, and chopper.

Archangel
Wed, 10-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Yeah it was confirmed on episode 373, they're identical.

Marik
Thu, 10-23-2008, 07:13 AM
[Nakama-Fansubs]​_One​_Piece​_372​_SD​_[FCB81810].​avi (http://forum.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=15578)

[Nakama-Fansubs]​_One​_Piece​_372​_HD​_[E952D4EA].​mp4 (http://forum.anirena.com/viewtracker.php?action=download&id=15574)