PDA

View Full Version : One Piece Chapter 516

docdan63
Fri, 09-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Wow first naruto then this, how am I the first person to list these? This is amazing to me.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/516/01/

RyougaZell
Fri, 09-26-2008, 03:33 PM
So Boa is the last Shichibukai. Good to see at least a woman there.

I don't see her being related to Lolla as some have been thinking though.

docdan63
Fri, 09-26-2008, 04:01 PM
So Boa is the last Shichibukai. Good to see at least a woman there.

I don't see her being related to Lolla as some have been thinking though.I agree there should be a woman as well. A nice twist for change. I actually think she is Lola's mom. If you look at the younger looking girl with the wider face, she was the third daughter of Hancock. So if her looking weird is any indication, then I'm sure some of other daughters look weird as well. I think Oda is trying to make her mom look completely different from her daughters. Boas is gorgeous and the rest look odd with probably some special abilities as well or really good fighting measure. So I think she is Lola's mom. Although, those could be her sisters and boa could be Lola's big sister or something like that. Also, aside from the Yonkou, Shichibukai talk we've been having about Lola's mom, she could just be a really great powerful pirate who is just in the NW. I mean the Yonkou aren't the ones there right? They can't be.

About Luffy. Yeah he's going to learn haki here from someone. And, he's getting really close to a dangerous part of the GL now. I mean I don't think he's in the NW yet (because I think Boa just came back from there. But if the arrows are naturally given haki, then they know their fighting abilities. Really well. So it's getting dangerous.

RyougaZell
Fri, 09-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Didn't Lola specifically said she was born on the New Wolrd? The Amazon's Island is on the Calm Belt.

I think Lola's mom will be the female Yonkou.

Of course, I could be wrong and Boa does end up being her... since she does have ugly releatives. Although I was kinda expecting Nami to be with Boa if she was indeed Lolla's mom, because of th vivre (vibre?) card she got at Thriller Bark.

Assertn
Fri, 09-26-2008, 05:29 PM
This might be a good time to bring back Alvida...

Carnage
Fri, 09-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Boa's ability probably won't work on Luffy because Luffy doesn't get boners? The only time he's shown interest has been when Nami flashed her boobs for 100,000 belli.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 09-26-2008, 07:12 PM
poor sanji, he won't stand a chance...

still, if the Vice admiral needed an 'active' defense to resist petrification, doesn't it mean that any person who doesn't know about her ability will turn to stone? I can't see any of the SH avoiding it, and honestly, most of the big shots (Shishibukai, yoniko, admirals) either.

it seems like a really serious 'headshot' attack, very unbalanced.

docdan63
Fri, 09-26-2008, 08:39 PM
I can't see any of the SH avoiding it, and honestly, most of the big shots (Shishibukai, yoniko, admirals) either.
Why would they need too? Shes on the same side as the rest of the 6 others are. I don't see where you'd be going with that. The SH's don't have to worry about any of the shichibukai yet. Hell, I mean even Mihawk and Kuma took pity on the m and even helped them out a bit. And even before he was a Shichibukai, blackbeard hurt anyone that mistreated Luffy's name. Personally, I don't think that the shichibukai care to even bother with them at all. And I don't think they ever will either. They're much stronger than even Luffy is on his way of becoming at this rate. These are some of the strongest people with a sail and a boat. They won't be weak. And, whats more, they won't want to waste time with feeble young kids who all 7 were stronger than when they were their age. So the WB war will be something where we can actually see them in their true element. Other than that I see no way to see their true power.

joker-kun
Fri, 09-26-2008, 08:47 PM
I don't see her being an enemy to the strawhat's. I could be and probably am completely wrong though. She doesn't seem to want to help them at all (the WG), and I think that she'll end up telling Luffy about Ace (probably not knowing that he's his brother) and then of course Luffy will flip and for whatever reason she'll assist him. It would give Luffy access to Ace since she would be granted access to the execuation. Like I said though, i'm probably wrong.

Also nice to see even more mention of this "Haki".

Carnage
Fri, 09-26-2008, 09:20 PM
I don't think it works if you don't fall for her looks. Zoro and Luffy are probably safe.

RyougaZell
Fri, 09-26-2008, 09:43 PM
docdan63:
Before BlackBeard captured Ace, he tried to make his ally, telling him they could both hunt down Luffy. So... he definitely would fight him

joker:
Boa seems to like her title of Shichibukai, so only way for her to help Luffy would be if she 'was' Lolla's mother, but I still think she isn't, so I don't see her helping Luffy. Margaret will find herself between her loyalty for her people and Luffy. If she betrays Boa or something, she may end up being a new crew member.

animus
Sat, 09-27-2008, 12:51 AM
Am I the only one that's lead to believe Luffy might learn this "haki"? Kinda just had that hit me, when Luffy asked her what it was, and she was just like it's Haki, can't everyone use it?

docdan63
Sat, 09-27-2008, 02:53 AM
Am I the only one that's lead to believe Luffy might learn this "haki"? Kinda just had that hit me, when Luffy asked her what it was, and she was just like it's Haki, can't everyone use it?No you aren't the only one, but why would they waste their time on him? And further more the reverse? Luffy has Rayliegh to learn it from. Hell, even when Luffy gets to the NW, with his reputation, he has loads of pirates who could willingly teach it too him. Personally I think it's a cop out for Oda to take that road this early. I think Luffy should learn far later on from people who are much more qualified than some Amazon chicks on an Island few ever even get too see.

He should Learn from NW level pirate who has years of gray haired experience behind them. And I mean many years. Like a Yonkou or someone who is on an island Yoda style where Luffy can learn it, and come out a pure beast. What can he learn from these girls? How to put into his fists for a gatling gun? Gimme a break. Shanks scared a sea king away for Luffy, with just a look, and Rayleigh can fucking snipe anyone he wants, without even having to see his target. Now those are teachers.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 09-27-2008, 04:36 AM
that wasn't my intention.
I was just saying that her ability seems to be very powerful, and in fact, is powerful enough to take out around 'half' of the major powerhouse characters in one 'go' (one hit kill, hard to avoid, almost no conditions to activate).

it's good if luffy learns some "haki" here, just some basic applications of it, after that, when he gets to NW and meets up with the big guys again, he could learn the rest of it.

poopdeville
Sat, 09-27-2008, 12:51 PM
Why would they need too? Shes on the same side as the rest of the 6 others are.

Because she goes around calling herself the "Pirate Empress". You know, a female Pirate King. She's not on anybody's side but her own.

Edit: Removed something dumb. Also, let's consider the events at the archipelago again. How are Kuma and Boa connected? I mean, they're both obviously Shichibukai, but something else must connect them. If Kuma wanted Luffy dead, he could have killed him easily. But instead, he shot him to another Shichibukai's base.

Seriously, the important of that moment in the series cannot be underestimated. Something awesome is going to happen soon.

docdan63
Sat, 09-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Also, let's consider the events at the archipelago again. How are Kuma and Boa connected? I mean, they're both obviously Shichibukai, but something else must connect them. If Kuma wanted Luffy dead, he could have killed him easily. But instead, he shot him to another Shichibukai's base.

Seriously, the important of that moment in the series cannot be underestimated. Something awesome is going to happen soon.Ok now that I will agree with you on 100% I don't think that the powerful pirates, are actually "mean" to the rookies who have a possibility. I think Kuma and the rest of the shichibukai, look at the SH crew like they're young pirates or kids in general. So they probably feel like they need some help from the big guys learning some new stuff to prepare them for the NW. So I agree I think Boa will help Luffy in some way. Yes I'm taking back my own words.