PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Chapter 418

docdan63
Fri, 09-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Fresh off the presses guys. Enjoy

http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/418/01/

RyougaZell
Fri, 09-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Hell yeah!!! Finally!!!!! Pain / Pein is going to crush Konoha...

Naruto looks like he is cosplaying Gaara...

Archangel
Fri, 09-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Well this was quite the chapter:

- No complains now i assume, Naruto's Sage Mode looks quite good

- He seems to be developing a new jutsu, with any luck it won't be just another rasengan

- There seems to be more to the code than we originally thought. That's good, it's less retarded that way.

- Pain is in Konoha, Tsunade's a goner .

Criticism:

- It's good we're actually seeing Naruto excel at something but jesus fucking christ Kishi why is it always either all or nothing with you? Naruto has pretty much sucked all through shippuden and all of a sudden he's surpassed both kakashi and Jiraya just like that, it just doesn't feel natural.

- Wtf was up with that genjutsu brain defense? And why was that weird dude analyzing some sort of naruto clone?

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Fri, 09-26-2008, 04:46 PM
I dont think that Kishi would kill of Tsundae just yet, I did like the sage mode, and it is good that things are finally coming together as Pain is arriving. Next couple chapters could be really good or really drawn out. Guess we will have to wait and find out...

And I second you on the brain jutsu defense, seems kind of out there, and to waste that many cells to basically tell us that the guy that was chasing Killer Bee is dead was pointless. I assumed that he was dead....

Abdula
Fri, 09-26-2008, 05:31 PM
It's good we're actually seeing Naruto excel at something but jesus fucking christ Kishi why is it always either all or nothing with you? Naruto has pretty much sucked all through shippuden and all of a sudden he's surpassed both kakashi and Jiraya just like that, it just doesn't feel natural.

Natural? It doesn't make any sense and there is absolutely no explanation for it either. We are supposed to believe that Naruto surpassed Kakashi, which is just plain untrue, sure in regards to raw power Naruto would be better than Kakashi but that was always true. Then we are supposed to believe that Naruto by creating his wind rasengan supposedly surpassed the fourth thats bull. First of all why wasn't the fourth able to finish his technique, not only is he way more talented that Naruto but I'm sure he could use shadow clones too so what gives.

Then we get to the weirdest part after sitting in some toad oil for a few days we're supposed to believe Naruto surpassed Jiraiya, but there is nothing to explain why Naruto would be better at this than Jiraiya was, in fact everything would suggest that Jiraiya is way better than Naruto, including the fact that Jiraiya was training for years.

Oh yeah this was a stupid freaking cocktease. I just hope we don't see anymore of Naruto for awhile, or ever again if possible, and Pain does some serious damage next chapter to make up for all this crap.

Assertn
Fri, 09-26-2008, 05:41 PM
The unconscious guy was one of the rain-nins that Jiraiya captured in that frog, and the guy doing the brain-scan is Inozuma(?), Ino's dad....cause, you know....their family's jutsus revolve around invading the enemy's conscious...

I get the feeling Naruto is trying to learn how to use the wind rasengan without damaging his body.

RyougaZell
Fri, 09-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Inochi

Abdula: While I agree its bull saying Naruto surpassing the 4th, the reason Minato was not able to 'finish' the jutsu was because he was not wind natural... but on that matter... why couldn't he just add another nature chackra?

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 09-26-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm totally cool with this. You are what you are, your talents are what they are. When they say Naruto surpassed Kakashi, the Fourth, and Jiraiya, I don't take it to mean that he's now a better fighter than any of them. That doesn't quite make sense. I take it to mean he's done things they either failed to do, or could not do to begin with. Buying that Naruto is talented with respect to sage techniques...why not. It's a new element in the story, and it's an opportunity to give Naruto something he actually excels at. That he's better than Jiraiya at it...why not. Jiraiya's talented at those things he's talented at, and Sage Techniques aren't among those things. I mean, it is what it is.

As far as Minato not being able to complete the jutsu, there might two reasons. Either he just plain couldn't for lack of power or control of chakra or whatever, or, if he could, he just couldn't do it as fast as Naruto, and died before he succeeded. There's no real mystery here.

God...4 edits before I got this right...I need sleep.

Death BOO Z
Fri, 09-26-2008, 06:01 PM
page by page rants, because we still need a dl version.

Naruto's sage mode face looks really weird, and not the good, creative type of weird, just weird. (also, sage mode sounds like ~godmode quake cheat).
also, it seems like he doesn't even need regan abilities, since now he's also imprevious to forms of harm. perfect. (couldn't he just summon an army of toads with the sage chackra? an awesome feat of skill and strength that doesn't involve making an idiot out of him?)
did it surprise someone that Q-ball is dead? I thought it was pretty much self-explained last chapter. at least we now know that the cloud ninja is called Jin, if he ever gets a real part.
Naruto sage fighting style... I can't really say anything, those dots probably mean something, maybe 'exit holes' from where he sucks out natural chackra?
Payne: code, genjutsu, autopsy, attack. I don't believe this is really going to happen, seems kinda early for that.

and I'd like to join my vote in saying "WTF" about Naruto becoming the uber jedi ninja.

HECK, someone has to do it. it's begging for it.

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/3403/12rr7.jpg

Abdula
Fri, 09-26-2008, 06:11 PM
I don't take it to mean that he's now a better fighter than any of them. That doesn't quite make sense. I take it to mean he's done things they either failed to do, or could not do to begin with.
I completely agree with you. Thats the way I see it too but Kishi seems to be trying to suggest otherwise, I mean what was the entire Hidan-Kakuzu arc if not Kishi just trying to tell us Naruto is now better than Kakashi.

and died before he succeeded. There's no real mystery here.
Yeah I agree but again thats not the way Kishi makes it seem.

Uchiha Barles
Fri, 09-26-2008, 06:36 PM
Well, what was the difference between Naruto during the Save Gaara! arc, and Naruto during the Kakuzu/Hidan arc? From what we've seen, it was a wind rasengan. The wind rasengan requires the same conditions as a regular rasengan to work. You basically have to somehow make it to your opponen't face, and ram it down their throats.

So, lets take Naruto, and instead of putting him up against Kakuzu, put him up against Deidara. Lets let him have his wind rasengan. Unless he summons the demon, Naruto'll be dead before Deidara breaks a sweat, depending on the location of the fight. If we assume something like the area they were in when Naruto and Kakashi were chasing Deidara, Naruto's COMPLETELY fucked. No way to attack Deidara, because deidara flies and Naruto doesn't, nor does he have long range attacks at all, let alone ones that Deidara wouldn't laugh at. Also, he'd have nowhere to hide from Deidara's attacks, and I doubt he could dodge them forever. Kakashi on the other hand, is extremely close to being able to hand deidara his ass on a platter, if he's not there already.

Basically, it seems to be, as has been mentioned to death over the years, a rock/paper/scissors type thing. Naruto's wind Rasengan combine with Kagebunshin was simply a good combo against his particular opponent. Kakuzu wasn't airbound, and while he was a midrange fighter, Naruto's kagebunshins were a means by which the distance could be closed. Combined with a little bit of cleverness for the second attack, Naruto was able to use a technique that dealt with all of Kakuzu's hearts, and thus lives.

Oh, but wait, can't believe I forgot this. Kakashi wasn't at 100%. I'm pretty sure, the same thing he used to ruin deidara's shit, would've ruined Kakuzu's shit even worse, seeing as his escape abilities are likely less effective than Deidara's (I admit this is a conclusion I reached based on the style of the characters, not by a comparison of their escape abilities). So really, who's to say kakashi couldn't have handled Kakuzu if he hadn't just fought Deidara?

It seems to me those things were all about showing Naruto's progress with respect to the quality of villains in the story, and not the quality of his allies.

@below: I said I NEED some sleep, but I'm an idiot. Plus I have a bit of work to do before that.

Abdula
Fri, 09-26-2008, 06:53 PM
If Kakashi was 100%, he and Yamato could have handled Kakuku and Hidan. I just don't like that surpassed is being thrown around so much, gives people the wrong idea.

I thought you were going to get some sleep?

DB_Hunter
Fri, 09-26-2008, 07:02 PM
All I can say is that I'm liking this new Naruto Sage mode. As for his speed at becoming good at it, damn I say he is WELL overdue at being good at something that's not a one shot wonder. He now actually has a theme to develop his fighting style around.

And I don't think that Justu he used was the wind rasengan. I think it was that mystery jutsu that he and Jiraiya kept referring to (can't remember the reference for this). Naruto is finally showing signs of being a worthy main character in a fighting manga.

toonice714
Sat, 09-27-2008, 12:32 AM
im glad that they gave naruto something he's good at. The one thing i feel kinda annoyed by is the fact that they acknowledged that hidan was immortal and left it there. It was basically like kishi said "they were immortal but get over it cuz they're gone!". I dont like the way that was just swept under a rug. whatever though at least we'll get to see some konaha ninja flex in the next ch.

Archangel
Sat, 09-27-2008, 08:41 AM
Natural? It doesn't make any sense and there is absolutely no explanation for it either. We are supposed to believe that Naruto surpassed Kakashi, which is just plain untrue, sure in regards to raw power Naruto would be better than Kakashi but that was always true. Then we are supposed to believe that Naruto by creating his wind rasengan supposedly surpassed the fourth thats bull. First of all why wasn't the fourth able to finish his technique, not only is he way more talented that Naruto but I'm sure he could use shadow clones too so what gives.

Then we get to the weirdest part after sitting in some toad oil for a few days we're supposed to believe Naruto surpassed Jiraiya, but there is nothing to explain why Naruto would be better at this than Jiraiya was, in fact everything would suggest that Jiraiya is way better than Naruto, including the fact that Jiraiya was training for years.

Oh yeah this was a stupid freaking cocktease. I just hope we don't see anymore of Naruto for awhile, or ever again if possible, and Pain does some serious damage next chapter to make up for all this crap.

I like to think that the problem wasn't that he couldn't complete it, but that he didn't have time to do so. He created the jutsu completely by himself and if i'm not mistaken that took quite some time and before he could completely master it the kyuubi showed up.

Also i assume that Jiraya stayed with the frogs for quite some time while naruto surpassed all his efforts in about 1 week or so... that shit alone makes my head hurt.

I just hope we get 100% pain from now on and we don't start getting 50% pain plus 50% sasuke team vs cloud-nin. I hope kishi focuses his efforts on 1 battle instead of jumping around.

Edit: Dam! I advise everyone to read the new naruto scanlation on onemanga. That last one must have been incredibly shitty because this one is way easier to understand and even changes my opinion on the chapter a bit.

poopdeville
Sat, 09-27-2008, 12:47 PM
I agree about Hermit mode. It's nice to see Naruto be talented at something, instead of being the permanent flunky that he used to be. And we saw that Sage mode is pretty sweet during Jiraiya's fight.

I kind of hope Naruto's new move is a complete version of the Rasengan too. Jiraiya's giant Rasengan against Pein is pretty cool. I joked about this before, but Naruto really needs to figure out how to make giant Kyuubi-hate Wind element chakra filled blobs come out of his hands.

Marik
Sat, 09-27-2008, 01:35 PM
^ I hope his new move has nothing to do with Rasengan. He needs to create his own jutsu's and stop building off ones, that other people created.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 09-27-2008, 02:14 PM
I agree about Hermit mode. It's nice to see Naruto be talented at something, instead of being the permanent flunky that he used to be. And we saw that Sage mode is pretty sweet during Jiraiya's fight.

he learns the most awesome physical skill of them all, and first thing he does is fall down from the cliff.
yes, not flunky at all.

So, lets take Naruto, and instead of putting him up against Kakuzu, put him up against Deidara. Lets let him have his wind rasengan. Unless he summons the demon, Naruto'll be dead before Deidara breaks a sweat, depending on the location of the fight. If we assume something like the area they were in when Naruto and Kakashi were chasing Deidara, Naruto's COMPLETELY fucked. No way to attack Deidara, because deidara flies and Naruto doesn't, nor does he have long range attacks at all, let alone ones that Deidara wouldn't laugh at. Also, he'd have nowhere to hide from Deidara's attacks, and I doubt he could dodge them forever. Kakashi on the other hand, is extremely close to being able to hand deidara his ass on a platter, if he's not there already.

which could be completely avoided, if the rashurigan was actually a Krillin energy disc, like what it looks like.

Kishi has a good habit of shooting his own leg, he knows to choose the worst option for any given chance.

Abdula
Sat, 09-27-2008, 03:20 PM
which could be completely avoided, if the rashurigan was actually a Krillin energy disc, like what it looks like.

Kishi has a good habit of shooting his own leg, he knows to choose the worst option for any given chance.
I still have no idea why he named it the rasenshuriken and Naruto can't throw it. You would think it would be a no-brainer.

Archangel
Sat, 09-27-2008, 03:33 PM
I still have no idea why he named it the rasenshuriken and Naruto can't throw it. You would think it would be a no-brainer.

He's probably saving it for later, it may in fact be the "new move" naruto seems to be developing. God i hope not...

Death BOO Z
Sat, 09-27-2008, 04:34 PM
He's probably saving it for later, it may in fact be the "new move" naruto seems to be developing. God i hope not...

a perfect example of Kishi digging himself a hole, and then shooting his leg and falling into it.

Naruto: it's my new move, the shurikan rasengan!
readers: oh, a new rasengan, looks like naruto finally gets a ranged attack that makes him a more balanced fighter.
naruto: it's the most perfect, awesome, never seen before attack! not even the 4th could do this.
readers; ooh, this better be badass.
naruto plays out the new rasengan in the worst possible way, and manages to destroy his only real win in the past two years.
readers: this is just crap. guess we need to wait for another power up montage for naruto to get better, maybe something original that's not a rasengan.
*a year later*
naruto: I've now mastered the perfect rasengan shurikan, believe it or not, but it can hit distanced enemies.
readers: yawn.

with some moderation and planning for the future, it could have been decent, but when everything is 'surpassed' anyone ever before, it's hard to get exited.

where is zetsu in this ordeal? payne's group? madare? a 3rd party mission?

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 09-27-2008, 07:42 PM
I would like to know why Naruto is being so secretive about training in Sage Mode...
When he was training at night he said that he didnt want anyone to see him, that really isnt like him, Kishi normally writes in a way for Naruto to surprise everyone, but this seems different.

And as far as the code, "The read one isnt with them" - then where is Pain really at? I mean that is cool that he can control 6 people at once, but where is he?

Edit: Maybe Nagato? Looks like I need to re-read!

chet_chetty
Sat, 09-27-2008, 09:56 PM
If Naruto is trying to perform the shuriken rasengan in sage mode, I think it's not that he doesnt want his peers to know he's still using it. Maybe he wants to perfect it in sage mode and be able to execute it in a fight without his enemy seeing where he is. Just a thought.

Uchiha Barles
Sat, 09-27-2008, 10:10 PM
a perfect example of Kishi digging himself a hole, and then shooting his leg and falling into it.

Naruto: it's my new move, the shurikan rasengan!
readers: oh, a new rasengan, looks like naruto finally gets a ranged attack that makes him a more balanced fighter.
naruto: it's the most perfect, awesome, never seen before attack! not even the 4th could do this.
readers; ooh, this better be badass.
naruto plays out the new rasengan in the worst possible way, and manages to destroy his only real win in the past two years.
readers: this is just crap. guess we need to wait for another power up montage for naruto to get better, maybe something original that's not a rasengan.
*a year later*
naruto: I've now mastered the perfect rasengan shurikan, believe it or not, but it can hit distanced enemies.
readers: yawn.

I've got to agree with this. Even from the beginning, It wouldn't have made sense to me that Naruto's new rasengan could be thrown, even if I kind of wanted it to be. That doesn't make things better...he didn't need a stronger rasengan, he needed ranged techniques or taijutsu making him capable of connecting with his close range techniques without needing to pour his soul and ours into the effort. He's getting the latter with this Sage training, so I'm happy about that. But it's not the awesome excitement it could've been, more like "about time...hrrrm...I wonder what's on channel 5 right now.."

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 09-27-2008, 11:25 PM
I stopped being surprised about naruto being able to do anything necessary in any amount of time a long time ago. First he beat Neji, that was off the walls wtf enough already, then right after he kicks the shit outta Gaara AND shikaku... that was when kishi taught us that if you have a lot of chakra it doesnt matter how un-talented or how little you've trained, youre still a badass with no limitations.

Im assuming Naruto's gonna cut the sage training short to go help protect Konoha, just to find everyone already got tossed.

Abdula
Sun, 09-28-2008, 12:25 AM
I still don't get why Naruto said, he doesn't want anyone seeing him since the only one there is Yoda, I mean Fukasaku. What does he have to hide from him, but I really don't care about Naruto anymore not even the slightest bit curious about what he is going to do next.

poopdeville
Sun, 09-28-2008, 02:07 AM

I don't know who "he" is, but it looks like a big shuriken -- the kind Naruto and Sasuke used to save Kakashi from Zabuza.

Anyway, unless this hypothetical throwing rasengan does something awesome -- like expand to enormous sizes or move at the speed or light, a rasengan to throw is pointless. Nobody in this manga ever gets hit by a shuriken. I guess there was one exception in the first chapter.

Also, Kuma would kill Naruto in a second. Hell, Kuma could push the 9 Tails out of him. No need for Akatsuki or lame looking statues. Pein and Madara should really look into hiring him.

Abdula
Sun, 09-28-2008, 02:21 PM
He is Kishimoto of course and why the hell are you talking about Kuma?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 09-28-2008, 04:15 PM
I still don't get why Naruto said, he doesn't want anyone seeing him since the only one there is Yoda, I mean Fukasaku. What does he have to hide from him, but I really don't care about Naruto anymore not even the slightest bit curious about what he is going to do next.

it really is sad how there was 0 attempt for originality with the sage training. Use 'natural' energy its all around us... MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU. Then the way to test out the training is to lift something heavy as fuck. Apparently he wants us to think of Naruto as the next Luke cause they both picked the training up way too quick compared to any of their predecessors. We get it, he's a late bloomer... why the hell did they have all that hard work will surpass geniuses at the start then?

So the only two who had to struggle at first, Lee and Naruto, turns out to both be wtf-talented. At least Lee REALLY struggled to get to where he is, I sure as hell know he didn't learn Primary Lotus in a few days.

DB_Hunter
Sun, 09-28-2008, 04:37 PM
I suppose they will spin the hard work bit as being that you have to keep trying your best even if you keep failing until you find something you are good at (Naruto) or get good at something that can only be attained via hard work and not genius (Lee).

Abdula
Sun, 09-28-2008, 04:42 PM
The thing that really makes it horrible is that Naruto has never shown anything from his training other than one cheap victory. He trains with Jiraiya and learns the summoning jutsu gets a cheap victory against Gaara with it and then nothing. He trains with Jiraiya and learns rasengan, gets a cheap victory against Kabuto and then nothing, Trains with Jiraiya for three years and learns Oodama rasengan, uses it to get a cheap victory against Itachi's clone and then nothing. Trains with Kakashi and learns his wind rasengan, uses it to get a cheap victory over Kakuzu and then nothing.

So really the only thing I expect Naruto to do now is get a cheap victory against Pain, as sad as that would be, and then go back to being Naruto.

Archangel
Sun, 09-28-2008, 05:24 PM
So really the only thing I expect Naruto to do now is get a cheap victory against Pain, as sad as that would be, and then go back to being Naruto.

So true. Even after obtaining the sage's strength you just know that he still won't be able to even get 1 hit on his enemies. Seriously, stop teaching this kid overpowered jutsu and train his speed so he can actually connect a couple of combos.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 09-28-2008, 06:12 PM
He's about to learn a taijutsu style to complement the sage energy he got. Since the Sage energy enhance every aspect of your body, I'm pretty sure all that's covered.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 09-28-2008, 06:23 PM
He's about to learn a taijutsu style to complement the sage energy he got. Since the Sage energy enhance every aspect of your body, I'm pretty sure all that's covered.

any taijutsu style he learns will have to be good enough to face sasuke and his sharingan shannigans. a simple taijutsu power up just won't do anymore. he'll still run into the same problems he had at the bridge fight (before naruto2 began).

taijutsu options:
a. the lee style: get so damn fast that Sasuke won't be able to act on what he see's, sounds very fishy, considering that Sasuke could 'sneak-kill' naruto the last time they met.
b. (the better option), a style that hides his movements. either by completely merging with nature so he isn't seen even by the sharingan (nature energy... sounds about right), or a style that creates a distraction that fools the sharingan, maybe have a permanent solar flare activated.

of course, we know it ain't gonna happen.

I'm DBZ, and I approve of this message.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 09-28-2008, 06:44 PM
There was a third option that I actually spoke about way back. A style that's very much reactive, where you predict the opponents motions based on the energy he gives off which you can feel by direct contact, and later, according to legend, by chi flow at a distance.You counter appropriately based on that prediction.Until you're ready to counter, there is no muscle tension that could be used by the sharingan to predict your movements. Basically, an anime/manga glorified wing chun. This sage energy thing would be perfect for that, at least stylistically speaking. Kishi could rape that as well.

But yeah, the fact that it's a Taijutsu style to complement the Sage training makes it highly likely that it's not just any taijutsu style he's about to learn.

edited to add another idea in.

Abdula
Sun, 09-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Thats the complete opposite of Naruto's character though, so thats never going to happen.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 09-28-2008, 07:05 PM
you mean fighting by blasting off chackra inside a circle of EN (sorry, HxH just makes sense, so I use it as example), basically what Gaara has with sand, or what Naruto did (or unknowingly did at the kyuubi state he was in), considering how that fight went, I don't think it'll be enough, the sharingan+speed already gives Sasuke the ability to deal with counter attacks (the whole chidori deal), and naruto's new taijutsu should give him ability to apply his Rasengan, and as he is now, Naruto can't use the rasengan as a counter move (you'd expect him to, after three years, but no).

even if the sage energy makes him at the same speed level as Sasuke, he still needs something to counter the sharingan, and then something to fend off the chidori shield (nidori chidori? nadare chidori?).

by the way, how resistant is the sharingan against blinding attacks? bright lights, epilepsy seizures, tear-gas, onion bombs, smoke? it'd be really lame (lame, in the cool kind of way) if Sasuke could be beaten by someone throwing a smoke bomb in his eye.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 09-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Thats the complete opposite of Naruto's character though, so thats never going to happen.

Well, before the sage training, I wouldn't have seen Naruto as the type to learn to sit perfectly still, learn to sense the energies surrounding him. Both those things were opposite his character as well. Those are things you'd expect from people who weren't loud mouthes. But he's doing these things. So I don't really see that fighting style being impossible for Naruto or even out of his style, assuming you accept the sage training for him. I mean, it's exactly the type of style I'd expect with that kind of "sensitive" training.

Also, I'll clarify a bit what I meant by the fighting style. The Sharingan uses muscle tensions to predict what movements the person is going to make. This is a fighting style that does nothing until the opponent does something. While doing nothing, there is no muscle tension that can be used in a capacity to predict motion. The Sharingan would either show that it looks like he's going to remain still, or it would show a plethora of possible next moves. Also, even within the fight, tension is let go of as a matter of proceedure as soon as the move is done. Basically, it'll at least significantly gimp the Sharingan's predictive abilities, if not nullify it, on account of the mechanism the sharingan uses to predict motion.

Now, the counters would come based on the opponents actions. Usually, people will see someone do something, the brain processes the information, the body reacts to the processed information when the brain sends a message to the body, and the body sends one back. By feeling the opponents energy, you take out the middleman (i.e. the interpretation of what was seen) . So basically, with enough training in the Naruto world, he might be able to end up fighting blindfolded...yeah, kind of like fighting in a circle of en lol (HxH does make so much more sense). However, attacks themselves are initiated and completed quicker as a result of eliminating the "middleman". So I think that should be fine for countering the sharingan.

Naruto has the wind element to deal with whatever lightning stuff Sasuke has. It's really the fire element that's going to ruin Naruto. Also, I see no reason why someone hasn't thrown a flashbomb in Sasuke's face yet. I mean, Zabuza used mist to conceal his motions from Kakashi. This isn't even a new idea. This manga is so much less than it could be.

Abdula
Sun, 09-28-2008, 07:36 PM
What the hell I can't believe I'm discussing this, this is Naruto we're talking about people. There is no reason to believe that this is going to be anything good.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 09-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Now, the counters would come based on the opponents actions. Usually, people will see someone do something, the brain processes the information, the body reacts to the processed information when the brain sends a message to the body, and the body sends one back. By feeling the opponents energy, you take out the middleman (i.e. the interpretation of what was seen) . So basically, with enough training in the Naruto world, he might be able to end up fighting blindfolded...yeah, kind of like fighting in a circle of en lol (HxH does make so much more sense). However, attacks themselves are initiated and completed quicker as a result of eliminating the "middleman". So I think that should be fine for countering the sharingan.

HxH did this already, and it was much better, Chapter 240.

Naruto's training went from 'whac-a-mole' to 'lift X wing fighter', and then 'sit on your butt for a while, like Yusuke in YYH', the taijutsu style training is the only montage that feels like training, and not having somebody cram knowledge into Naruto's head.

the instant counter sounds iffy to me, I can accept auto-mode fight, Goku did it, Luffy did it, most the guys in HnI do it, but I don't see how the chackra has a center brain which could deal with ninja fights (fire attacks, making clones, genjutsu, etc, etc). maybe the nine tails can do it (we've seen him do it already, bridge fight). but then it becomes another fight of Sasuke vs kyuubi, with naruto waiting for his chance to scream something motivational ("we are all SPECIAL, Sasuke!").

naruto has wind element, but other than rashurigan, does he know anything? a gust of wind movement? something to dispel electricity? charging his entire surrounding with it? a weapon to channel it? so far, all we know that Naruto can do, is charge with his wind element into an opposing attack of electricity nature, and win. wow, his kemehameha is bigger.
he doesn't have enough skill to take advantage of this yet.

when things go to shitz, Sasuke still has tsukiyomi and Amaretsu, right? and in time, Suzzano, and whatever shanningen Kishi comes up with next.

edit:

What the hell I can't believe I'm discussing this, this is Naruto we're talking about people. There is no reason to believe that this is going to be anything good.

look, there's always a chance that a red moon will come, the sun won't rise tomorrow and pigs will fly, you can't give up hope just because things are hopeless.

Uchiha Barles
Sun, 09-28-2008, 08:25 PM
No no, the fighting style won't help to counter ninjutsu, like say Sasuke's fire techniques. Not directly anyway. It's mainly for what happens when hand to hand combat is occuring. However, the Sharingan doesn't provide that functionality either. At best it can be used to read the seals and get a general idea of the technique you're about to face. Though, if the sage techniques I'm talking about get implemented, or something similar to it, I can imagine that a sage technique user would be able to sense the chakra being molded as the seals are made, and thus get the same kind of info, if not better, that sharingan seal reading would give.

Also, about the flash bombing a sharingan user's eyes, Naruto also used the principle to his advantage on the rooftop fight. After directly confronting Sasuke in a taijutsu fight and getting owned, he stealthily made his way to the big water container, with the sun behind him, and waited for Sasuke to be blinded by it before he made his attack, which worked. So yeah, the idea's been used a bit actually, but definitely, if you know you're about to fight Sasuke, ffs bring flashbombs.

@abdula: Lol. I just don't have the hate for Naruto that you seem to. I hate Sasuke and Naruto about the same, but for different reasons. Naruto's a badly written character. I liked his development up to and including the Gaara fight, and am hoping with Shippuuden, Kishi takes it back to that quality of development. He's at least fucked up with the pacing though, even if his ideas are ultimately good. We'll see how this goes.

Grrr...Originally tried posting this in quick reply, but I hit something that sent me to the Open Discussions page, and I lost the post :-(

Uberbaka
Mon, 09-29-2008, 07:57 AM
You know what naruto actually needs? A weapon infused with wind. Sasuke is raping him with one and Asuma should have helped ramming it into his brain that it is doable.

But I know in the back of my mind that it will just be a throw able rasenganshuriwhatthefuck.

animus
Mon, 09-29-2008, 09:09 AM
I wanna see a sage-mode + kyuubi mode. It'd be like a fucking awkward toad fox, tox or foad to be creative.

Tyreal
Mon, 09-29-2008, 09:49 AM
So true. Even after obtaining the sage's strength you just know that he still won't be able to even get 1 hit on his enemies. Seriously, stop teaching this kid overpowered jutsu and train his speed so he can actually connect a couple of combos.

I was thinking about the "Frog-Fu" thing that the toad sage mentioned in this chapter and it occurred to me that Naruto might finally get that speed boost he needs in order to be able to use Rasengan in a useful manner and compete with other high level shinobi. Think about it, frogs generally jump to move about by using their legs like springs. Wikipedia says it better

Currently, it is hypothesized that frogs are storing muscular energy by stretching their tendons like springs, then triggering the release all at once, allowing the frog to increase the energy of its jump beyond the limits of muscle-powered acceleration.

If Naruto learnt something like that from "Frog-Fu" he would easily be able to close the gap between himself and his opponent before they could respond and hit them with a Rasengan/Rasenshuriken even if they were attacking from long range.

I wanna see a sage-mode + kyuubi mode. It'd be like a fucking awkward toad fox, tox or foad to be creative.

I wonder if the increased healing abilities of sage mode would offset the damage done to Naruto's body by the Kyuubi chakara? However I doubt he would be able to use both simultaneously since they are almost directly opposite in nature, sage mode requires him to be calm and at peace while kyuubi mode requires him to be in a incredible rage. Not to mention how overpowered he would be (i.e. he would have almost infinite chakara, more so than he already does).

Abdula
Mon, 09-29-2008, 12:24 PM
@abdula: Lol. I just don't have the hate for Naruto that you seem to. I hate Sasuke and Naruto about the same, but for different reasons. Naruto's a badly written character. I liked his development up to and including the Gaara fight, and am hoping with Shippuuden, Kishi takes it back to that quality of development. He's at least fucked up with the pacing though, even if his ideas are ultimately good. We'll see how this goes.(
Its not hate at all. I've just been disappointed so much by Naruto that I've learned not to get my hopes up. I'm loving the enthusiasm you guys have, I'm just not gonna buy into it until something good actually happens.

Assertn
Mon, 09-29-2008, 11:44 PM
one thing that is interesting about the series is that both Naruto and Sasuke are receiving powerups faster than we actually get to SEE the limits of said powerups.

Naruto now has sage mode + itachi crow + key to unlock more tails
Sasuke has MS + key to unlock EMS + possibly CS from Juugo's fusion?

When they get serious, we're going to see a whole ton of new shit.

Uchiha Barles
Tue, 09-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Huh, you know what? I'm hoping that the reason Naruto doesn't want anyone to see his training, is because he's experimenting with the kyuubi chakra. While thinking about why he would need to hide this training from everyone, this is the only thing that made sense, considering the big deal that was made about not using the demon energy. If this was the case, it would actually show that Naruto's done some maturing. Everyone's telling him "no, don't use this, it's no good for you, it's dangerous, it weakens you," but he's going "...uh...that might be kind of true, but ignoring this huge power source in me is kind of extremely stupid."

That's not to say he should or shouldn't be training kyuubi just to become reliant on it once again, but he ought to, at the very least, gain some new level of control, and a new technique with it, in conjunction with his sage techniques. Most of you are probably thinking about how cheesy it would be, but the stupidity of not doing this exceeds the cheese.

Hrrrrm...I think I have an idea for a line in my signature.

Archangel
Tue, 09-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Naruto scanlations get funnier every day

http://read.mangashare.com/Naruto/chapter-418/page017.html

The pain train has taken a detour through ass kicking ville to fuck you up!!