PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Shippuuden Episode 76-77

deadlydreamx
Fri, 09-26-2008, 12:10 AM
dattebayo (http://www.dattebayo.com/t/ns076-077.torrent)

enjoy

kmkze04
Fri, 09-26-2008, 02:11 AM
Pathetic to the fucking max... seriously. I'm not even going to start on why.

ASSpirine
Fri, 09-26-2008, 06:51 AM
I quite liked it, only the part at the end of the first ep was kinda lame.
But the fight against Akatsuki wasn't that bad at all...
And another hour special next week, me finks that'll be a good ep looking at the preview

Also loved the new katon, finally something different then the Grand fireball

KrayZ33
Fri, 09-26-2008, 08:10 AM
Ok the fight was very good, the rest not that good but acceptable (since I wasn't expecting much)

I just hope they don't interrupt the fight too often with useless talking from other teams and characters..

RyougaZell
Fri, 09-26-2008, 10:17 AM
I liked the episode (except the useless part of the other shinobi exploring the other areas, especially when we already saw it was not that one).

I specially liked the jokes at the end of the episodes... lol.

Or maybe I liked it because I saw both episodes at the office instead of working... hmmm

Kraco
Fri, 09-26-2008, 10:47 AM
I liked the episode (except the useless part of the other shinobi exploring the other areas, especially when we already saw it was not that one).

My main gripe as well. There was no sense whatsoever in having us watch them search all those empty places. I wonder why they even animated stuff like that.

The fight wasn't bad but it warmed up pretty slowly considering we are talking about Akatsuki and people knowingly attacking Akatsuki. If I was to ambush those mofos, I'd have gone all out from the beginning. That is, a surprise attack with the most devastating attack. Anything else would be inviting a shinigami for a visit. But these fellows took it very easy indeed. After this I wouldn't actually mind a few corpses just to teach them a lesson, although Shikamaru would be a pity to lose as that would mean an end to the Shikamaru-Temari couple.

KrayZ33
Fri, 09-26-2008, 10:47 AM
what I didn't like at all was the that "funny" part with shikamaru's team.... this one with the bandage on his face... god I wanted to vomit...even though it was not part of the actual episode

DarthEnderX
Fri, 09-26-2008, 01:57 PM
So...Naruto's new technique is....a wind rasengan?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And here I thought he was gonna learn some cool new jutsu, but he's just gonna make another rasengan. Its like every Naruto movie all over again.

Abdula
Fri, 09-26-2008, 02:08 PM
You actually thought he was gonna learn a different technique. Shame on you:p

Yukimura
Fri, 09-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Lol @ epic fail. It was totally obvious that all those other ninja weren't at the right place yet they wasted all that time showing everyone dramatically milling about just as an excuse to waste time. Go Team Naruto Anime!

The episode then proceeds to end at the most cock tease time possible, and then the preview ruins the tease setup by showing anyone with half a brain exactly what's going to happen to resolve the tease.

As to the mertis of the plan, how many ninja's have we seen who wouldn't fall to a dual knives through the heart surprise. The only ninja's that strategy wouldn't work on are immortal ninjas and ninjas who could see Shikamaru's shadow coming even while distracted by Asuma.

Kraco
Fri, 09-26-2008, 03:30 PM
There was no merit to the execution of the plan. What the heck were they just standing there like idiots when the dude refused to die? They should have started to chop him into cubic decimeter pieces as soon as they noticed that. But instead they took their jolly time talking shit and wondering how he could still talk shit back.

I also honestly thought, I have to admit to my eternal shame, that Naruto could already make a rasengan without a clone but was just doing that to trick his enemies so that he could take them completely by surprise by suddenly making one without a clone. But I guess the worst mistake you can make when watching Naruto indeed is to imagine the main character could have half a functional brain.

Archangel
Fri, 09-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Again i stress this, if you want quality + naruto go read the manga, the anime is just plain bad. It turns a good script into absolute shit .

Abdula
Fri, 09-26-2008, 04:54 PM
I also honestly thought, I have to admit to my eternal shame, that Naruto could already make a rasengan without a clone but was just doing that to trick his enemies so that he could take them completely by surprise by suddenly making one without a clone.
I'm sorry Kraco, but what. Where did you ever get such an idea from. If Naruto could use rasengan with only one had he would have done so. Trying to trick and opponent or not, the time it takes to create a clone and then together create the rasengan and then try to hit someone is just ridiculous. I still can't believe anyone actually got hit with that technique.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 09-26-2008, 05:08 PM
See, now, talking about how stupid Naruto is, he's all "I can't shape and element at the same time, its like looking left and right at the same time!"

Really? Cause you have clones. You can look left and right at the same time. You already use a clone to shape your chakra for you, why don't you just use another clone to elemental the rasengan at the same time.

KrayZ33
Fri, 09-26-2008, 05:15 PM
rasengan is the most stupid technique ever if you arn't able to do it with one hand...
it's like carrying a rock to an enemy which is 50 yards away...

useless

Jiraiya showed us how to use it in a much better way, grab the guy or dodge his attack -> summon the rasengan and counterattack.

ruins the tease setup by showing anyone with half a brain exactly what's going to happen to resolve the tease.

well it doesn't really matter.... because the title "Asuma dies!" makes things actually pretty interesting and that is why I want to watch the next episode... I want to see *how* he dies.

Really? Cause you have clones. You can look left and right at the same time. You already use a clone to shape your chakra for you, why don't you just use another clone to elemental the rasengan at the same time.

/sign

I thought the exact same thing, but I truely hope this will not happen... I don't want to see 3 clones running towards an enemy-ninja with an atomic bomb in their hands...if this is going to happen I'll stop watching this pokemon-quality shit.

Kraco
Fri, 09-26-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry Kraco, but what. Where did you ever get such an idea from.

Dunno. After all this time I should have realised he really learned zilch during the years he spent wandering with Jiraya but I guess it just hadn't sunk in. I'm really bad at accepting poor script writing, thinking there must always be something good somewhere out there.

Abdula
Fri, 09-26-2008, 05:51 PM
I'm really bad at accepting poor script writing, thinking there must always be something good somewhere out there.
Makes me wonder how you can still watch Naruto, but I guess you have built up your tolerance by now which is a good thing, because its only going to get worse.

There was no merit to the execution of the plan. What the heck were they just standing there like idiots when the dude refused to die? They should have started to chop him into cubic decimeter pieces as soon as they noticed that. But instead they took their jolly time talking shit and wondering how he could still talk shit back.

I think I can explain this too. As they mentioned their mission was to kill one of the Akatsuki and bring the other one back alive for interrogation and as Asuma said they were originally going to kill Hidan and bring Kakuzu back. Anyway since Hidan was completely immobile, with those two huge knives in him and Shikamaru's shadow binding, they were probably planning on bringing him back and they were just questioning him to find out where his partner was. If Hidan wasn't immortal or Kakuzu hadn't shown up when he did, their plan would have gone off without a hitch. Now the only thing they're going to get is a sound beating.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 09-26-2008, 06:01 PM
already so far behind the manga yet they still throw in a half hour of bullshit.

i like how the random konoha ninjas at the tower thing transform into a bush and a rock right next to the place... like ANY idiot wouldn't be able to notice them, let alone Akatsuki.

by the time they got to the fight i didnt think it was played out that well... prob cause I was waiting for asuma to get hit by the sickle every time Hidan went for him.

Abdula
Fri, 09-26-2008, 06:22 PM
the fight i didnt think it was played out that well... prob cause I was waiting for asuma to get hit by the sickle every time Hidan went for him.
Yeah it was off. This was all supposed to happen really really quickly, not only did they make it longer by adding in excessive dialogue and unnecessary flashbacks but they stretched everything out on top of it. That little sparing match between Asuma and Hidan was supposed go by really quickly with Asuma realizing he is completely outmatched and then getting scared and there is no way anyone would get caught with that fire jutsu if it takes that long. Yeah I know they wanted to give everything away, because that is what the anime does, but really that was just ridiculous.

-Oh and what the hell was up with Asuma using Chiriku's jutsu, that made no goddamn sense.

KrayZ33
Fri, 09-26-2008, 06:24 PM
already so far behind the manga yet they still throw in a half hour of bullshit.

i like how the random konoha ninjas at the tower thing transform into a bush and a rock right next to the place... like ANY idiot wouldn't be able to notice them, let alone Akatsuki.

For me, this was the best part.... I liked it and as if Akatsuki would notice them just because they are "Akatsuki".... do you think they throw a kunai at every rock and bush when they travel through the forest?

....prob cause I was waiting for asuma to get hit by the sickle every time Hidan went for him.

Why would that be a problem? I can't explain it well, but isn't this what everyone is waiting for when 2 guys are fighting?

"when will the first hit be done" "who's going to get hurt and have the disadvantage" and so on... and since Hidan seems to be immortal everyone wanted to see when Asuma gets served by Hidan... nobody cares for Hidan getting a shurrikan or another sword thrown into his chest because of that.

But for me, I wanted to see Kakuzu beating up Shikamaru's but after he nearly got him with his extremely strong fist.
but nooooo... Kakuzu is too much of an badass and is just complaining about Hidan being to slow etc. :(

Abdula
Fri, 09-26-2008, 06:30 PM
For me, this was the best part.... I liked it and as if Akatsuki would notice them just because they are "Akatsuki".... do you think they throw a kunai at every rock and bush when they travel through the forest?

Why would that be a problem? I can't explain it well, but isn't this what everyone is waiting for when 2 guys are fighting?

"when will the first hit be done" "who's going to get hurt and have the disadvantage" and so on... and since Hidan seems to be immortal everyone wanted to see when Asuma gets served by Hidan... nobody cares for Hidan getting a shurrikan or another sword thrown into his chest because of that.

But for me, I wanted to see Kakuzu beating up Shikamaru's but after he nearly got him with his extremely strong fist.
but nooooo... Kakuzu is too much of an badass and is just complaining about Hidan being to slow etc. :(
I've said this before and I'll say it again. I think you're smoking something, I'll ignore the latter half of your post and ask what the hell makes you think an Akatsuki would fall for a transformation technique. Anyone above genin level recognizes it right away.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 09-26-2008, 08:09 PM
People see through transformation techniques when there is some flaw in the transformation, not because high level people just automatically see through them.

They see through them because they are a puddle when it hasn't rained, or because they are a person and they missed a scar.

But changing into shrub in a place full of shrubs shouldn't pose a problem unless the people you're trying to fool have been there before and notice a shrub that wasn't there before.

I thought transforming into the door they blew down was an especially smart move.

Abdula
Fri, 09-26-2008, 08:33 PM
No I don't think its as simple as there not being a flaw in the transformation. To pull it off properly you have to be able to hide your chakra and completely remove your presence, which most people aren't able to do. So higher level ninjas would be able to sense them even if they don't know exactly where they are.

KrayZ33
Sat, 09-27-2008, 11:40 AM
so if it's soooo difficult why don't they just stand in front of the house and wait?
oh and why didn't hidan notice team asuma?
oh and why didn't shikamaru and the others notice Kakuzu?

if henge no jutsu is useless I don't know why it has to be learned by every ninja...
and btw, you don't even know if most people are able to hide their chakra or not...
we havn't seen much more than genin fighting each other

and we've seen many ninja @ chuunin level or higher using Henge no Jutsu, so it can't be that useless

this isn't DBZ... at least not yet

Jessper
Sat, 09-27-2008, 01:14 PM
I thought I clicked on Naruto, not Bleach. Sorry I'll just back away slowly...

Xyrox
Sat, 09-27-2008, 03:49 PM

Damn. That makes a lot of sense - using Naruto logic. I can really see this happen now, and I don't like it.

If I were Naruto, I wouldn't spend time trying to invent a Superrasengan - something apparently Kakashi and the Forth failed to do. I would rather focus on learning to do Rasengan with one hand - for both hands. And practice taijutsu like crazy (seriously, Naruto hasn't even surpassed Sasuke's taijutsu from the Chuunin exam times). Then I could play around and cut leaves and waterfalls.

I fail to see why you need a more powerful Rasengan when you can't even land a hit with the regular one.

Death BOO Z
Sat, 09-27-2008, 04:47 PM
if henge no jutsu is useless I don't know why it has to be learned by every ninja...
and btw, you don't even know if most people are able to hide their chakra or not...

and we've seen many ninja @ chuunin level or higher using Henge no Jutsu, so it can't be that useless

this isn't DBZ... at least not yet

Naruto, chapter 008 (roughly episode six) (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/8/naruto_v02_ch008_019/)

Sakura, sensing for Kakashi's presence. Kakashi hiding it.

my hobby: going into anime discussions, and saying anime crap is even lamer than manga junk.

I'm DBZ, and I approve of this message.

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sat, 09-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Naruto, chapter 008 (roughly episode six) (http://www.onemanga.com/Naruto/8/naruto_v02_ch008_019/)

my hobby: going into anime discussions, and saying anime crap is even lamer than manga junk.

It was actually Sasuke sensing for Kakashi, and I am thinking of it as more of a perception thing rather than a DBZ powerlevel - chakra sensing thing.

Abdula
Sat, 09-27-2008, 08:32 PM
No it is like a DBZ power level thing/chakra sensing thing, this series is based on DBZ remember.. There were numerous, numerous times where people mentioned someone elses crazy charka level. Kakashi and Zabuza the first time Naruto went Kyuubi, Kiba and Akamaru when they first met Gaara, those anbu guys mentioned that Oro's and the Third's chakra was so strong they could hardly move, Kisame. I could go on and on, how you guys don't remember this stuff is beyond me. Its not as ridiculous as it was in DBZ though but its there.

I was going to find a reference but I just decided to ignore Kray because he has been getting on my nerves lately.

This I can explain easy enough but just keep watching and you should get it

As for you wondering why every ninja would need to learn a useless skill, do you happen to remember why Naruto couldn't graduate the academy. Yeah thats right because to become a genin you have to be able to use clone jutsu, now you tell me that technique isn't useless.

-Oh don't hold it against me if I'm coming off a little rough because I'm in a bad mood.

Douche Oh wow. I already said I was in a bad mood, way to go.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sat, 09-27-2008, 10:59 PM

DBZ and Abdula already answered this for me. Thanks playas.

Cause in the manga it took 5 seconds for him to clip asuma and start the damn ritual. Not 10 mins.

Azonalanthious
Sun, 09-28-2008, 01:21 AM
I'm sorry Kraco, but what. Where did you ever get such an idea from. If Naruto could use rasengan with only one had he would have done so. Trying to trick and opponent or not, the time it takes to create a clone and then together create the rasengan and then try to hit someone is just ridiculous. I still can't believe anyone actually got hit with that technique.

The really goofy part of the whole thing as far as I am concerned is that Naruto CAN (if memory serves) use rasengan without a clone. I haven't kept all the back episodes, so I can't go back and watch to double check without redownloading, but I'm almost positive that he used it successfuly back when he was first learning it without a clone - he needed both hands, but not a clone. It wasn't until he immobilized his off-hand by using it to catch a kunai while fighting... damn... the Oro medical ninja with glasses whose name I just went completely blank on for some reason, during the fight between Oro, Tsunade, and Jiraya that he used a clone to make it, since his other hand was occupied at the time. But ever since then, even when he has had both hands free, he's used a clone every friggin' time.

Why the heck can't I remember that guy's name? Mutter...

Tyreal
Sun, 09-28-2008, 03:02 AM
The really goofy part of the whole thing as far as I am concerned is that Naruto CAN (if memory serves) use rasengan without a clone. I haven't kept all the back episodes, so I can't go back and watch to double check without redownloading, but I'm almost positive that he used it successfuly back when he was first learning it without a clone - he needed both hands, but not a clone. It wasn't until he immobilized his off-hand by using it to catch a kunai while fighting... damn... the Oro medical ninja with glasses whose name I just went completely blank on for some reason, during the fight between Oro, Tsunade, and Jiraya that he used a clone to make it, since his other hand was occupied at the time. But ever since then, even when he has had both hands free, he's used a clone every friggin' time.

Why the heck can't I remember that guy's name? Mutter...

The guy you're thinking of is Kabuto. And you're right he has made it without a clone before, however he does need both hands. The only exception to this is when he fought Sasuke at the valley of the end, although he was in Kyuubi mode when he done it with only one hand and no clones.

KrayZ33
Sun, 09-28-2008, 06:29 AM
No it is like a DBZ power level thing/chakra sensing thing, this series is based on DBZ remember.. There were numerous, numerous times where people mentioned someone elses crazy charka level. Kakashi and Zabuza the first time Naruto went Kyuubi, Kiba and Akamaru when they first met Gaara, those anbu guys mentioned that Oro's and the Third's chakra was so strong they could hardly move, Kisame. I could go on and on, how you guys don't remember this stuff is beyond me. Its not as ridiculous as it was in DBZ though but its there.

well that were all scenes when chakra was leaking out and they were actually fighting and concentrating

none of these tell us if it's possible to sense each other this way if they don't fight and the chakra is inside the body.
it's not that we don't remember it, it's just that you rip everything out of content...

And Kiba and Akamaru are not able to "sense" chakra but they can smell it... (so it's not really a "feeling") Akamaru is a Ninja-dog who is especially trained for something like this. As I said before, why would they need Ninja-dogs and Charka-sensing bugs (for example) for something like this then. It's because they can't sense people if they arn't fighting or doing something which requires alot of chakra... and the very small amout which is (maybe) always leaking out of a human being is what ninja-dogs can "smell" but humans can't sense

KrayZ33
Sun, 09-28-2008, 06:37 AM
edit: oh fuck sry doublepost

Assertn
Sun, 09-28-2008, 01:07 PM
Didn't Sasuke sense Oro hiding underground when they first met during the second part of the chuunin exam? I don't think he was using his sharingan at the time or anything...

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 09-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Didn't Sasuke sense Oro hiding underground when they first met during the second part of the chuunin exam? I don't think he was using his sharingan at the time or anything...

I thought that was more of a observation, I mean there was a bamboo stick coming from under the ground...

Not to mention they have talked about "killer intent" on this show. So that could be something that they sense as well.

Abdula
Sun, 09-28-2008, 01:54 PM
well that were all scenes when chakra was leaking out and they were actually fighting and concentrating

none of these tell us if it's possible to sense each other this way if they don't fight and the chakra is inside the body.
it's not that we don't remember it, it's just that you rip everything out of content...
See this is why I say this guy is getting on my nerves. I'm not ripping anything out of context, other people have confirmed it but yet you still want to argue, it makes absolutely no sense to me. Anyway I'm not going to be combing through the series to find more proof to convince you of anything. Just keep watching it'll happen again. Btw are you trying to argue that yes ninjas can sense chakra when they're fighting but they can't sense it otherwise. Because then I can just say that of course if they are not fighting and the person is not actively using their chakra its going to be more difficult to sense them but that doesn't mean its impossible. That is why being able to sense chakra is important and this all started because I mentioned that people actually need to have the ability to hide their chakra.

And Kiba and Akamaru are not able to "sense" chakra but they can smell it... (so it's not really a "feeling") Akamaru is a Ninja-dog who is especially trained for something like this. As I said before, why would they need Ninja-dogs and Charka-sensing bugs (for example) for something like this then. It's because they can't sense people if they arn't fighting or doing something which requires alot of chakra... and the very small amout which is (maybe) always leaking out of a human being is what ninja-dogs can "smell" but humans can't sense Yes ninjas can sense chakra and ninja dogs can't smell chakra only Akamaru did that, that one time. Ninja dogs are used like bloodhounds to track down ninjas by their smell, even though ninjas can sense other ninjas they of course wouldn't be able to do that unless they are nearby. Oh and Shino doesn't use his bugs just to sense chakra, the bugs actually feed on chakra if you remember.

I gotta say you're one stubborn guy.

KrayZ33
Sun, 09-28-2008, 02:14 PM
See this is why I say this guy is getting on my nerves. I'm not ripping anything out of context, other people have confirmed it but yet you still want to argue

oh ya sure, if 2 people say the same thing they must be right, I've forgotten that

Anyway I'm not going to be combing through the series to find more proof to convince you
of anything.

You havn't proven anything yet so before you can find "more" you have to find something at first.
You have proven that you are right, when you have proven that I'm wrong.

All the examples you gave in which people suceeded noticing someones presence was when people were fighting each other... that doesn't mean it's possible if they are not fighting

Btw are you trying to argue that yes ninjas can sense chakra when they're fighting but they can't sense it otherwise. Because then I can just say that of course if they are not fighting and the person is not actively using their chakra its going to be more difficult to sense them but that doesn't mean its impossible.

it doesn't mean it's impossible but it alos doesn't mean its possible

if no chakra is leaking out, or it's only very small amount it could be that humans arn't able to notice it or at least most likely not.

simple isn't it? there are a lot of think people can't or don't notice, even though they are there

the bugs actually feed on chakra if you remember.

that doesn't really mean he doesn't use them to find enemy ninjas, because if they feed on chakra it most likely means that they can sense it. otherwise they wouldn't be able to find prey

Abdula
Sun, 09-28-2008, 02:33 PM
oh ya sure, if 2 people say the same thing they must be right, I've forgotten that
Its 3 people actually but the number isn't the point. I doubt you would change your mind even if it was 100 people, as long as its in opposition to me

You havn't proven anything yet so before you can find "more" you have to find something at first
Its not for lack of proof, the proof is there I assure you, its just that I have no interest in wasting my time going over hundreds of chapters or episodes to find something to satisfy you. It really isn't important to me whether you believe me or not and like I said it'll happen again but if you can't wait then you can go to onemanga and read the entire series from the very beginning and find it yourself.:rolleyes:

it doesn't mean it's impossible but it alos doesn't mean its possible
:rolleyes:

if no chakra is leaking out, or it's only very small amount it could be that humans arn't able to notice it or at least most likely not.

simple isn't it? Wow, when you see someone on the street use a water dragon then we can talk. Anyway that is exactly why people need to be good at not only sensing but hiding their chakra.

that doesn't really mean he doesn't use them to find enemy ninjas, because if they feed on chakra it most likely means that they can sense it. otherwise they wouldn't be able to find prey
I never said he can't use them to find other ninjas, like you said since they do in fact feed on chakra they would be able to sense it easier than any human can.

You have proven that you are right, when you have proven that I'm wrong.
Always with the edits, anyway like I said I really don't care. As a matter of fact if it'll make you feel better I'll just say, I am wrong.

KrayZ33
Sun, 09-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Always with the edits, anyway like I said I really don't care. As a matter of fact if it'll make you feel better I'll just say, I am wrong.

no but it would make me feel better if you say that "you can't be sure"

because you can't know it and thats exactly my point.
and that's why I'm saying "it doesn't mean it's impossible but it also doesn't mean its possible "...

I don't argue with you because I hate you or anything but because of your "what I'm saying is right and can't possibly be wrong" attitude, thats all
and don't try to tell me that you don't have that attitude... I'm not denying that I like to argue either

there will be a time when I can show you that even you, are not all-knowing xD

Its 3 people actually but the number isn't the point. I doubt you would change your mind even if it was 100 people, as long as its in opposition to me

ya who cares there are 3 people saying it doesn't necessarily mean that they can sense each other because of chakra

Abdula
Sun, 09-28-2008, 02:58 PM
But I do know it, which is what you don't seem to understand. We're are not arguing whether its possible or not. I said YES and you said NO, thats where we stand.

Btw I really think you're being an ass with this You can't know it thing, over the last few weeks, more like months, you've been arguing with me about Naruto and its always boils down to you saying you can't know it but you don't seem to realize that I wouldn't be arguing this unless there was evidence supporting what I say.

Anyway this act is getting old.

KrayZ33
Sun, 09-28-2008, 03:03 PM
sry but well.. you CAN'T know it...

well.. ok you can if there is something about in the manga which isn't in the anime
but using that would be unfair

if there is something in the anime were it is clear that they can sense each others presence even though the enemy tries to supress it (which means he's hiding like the Chuunin ninjas were in the last episode) and not fighting

edit: but hey, you are going to say "This is getting boring" anyways and something like "I've shown you that I'm right already" even though you didn't

If you wan't to end this "old act" you should at least try to end it and not dodge it.

Abdula
Sun, 09-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Wasn't that the theme song for Malcolm in the middle, Life is Unfair.:D
Anyway KrayZ this has nothing to do with whats in the manga.

There are examples earlier on in the series but I just can't remember the specifics off the top of my head and like I said I'm not going to go combing through hundreds of chapters just to find them.

You still seem to think I'm trying to change your mind, and I'm not.

KrayZ33
Sun, 09-28-2008, 03:22 PM
like I said I'm not going to go combing through hundreds of chapters just to find them

well to be honest I can understand that

but here is one thing which just came into my mind

you started everything with the statement

what the hell makes you think an Akatsuki would fall for a transformation technique. Anyone above genin level recognizes it right away.

and why wouldn't I be allowed to say "no thats not true".... for example during the chuunin exam, there was a whole army of ninja's waiting in the forest, some were even summoning something...and ANBUs patrolled there which didn't even notice them... Ok 1 did spot something, whether that was chakra, a sound or maybe a cracked tree which wasn't there before is unknown

You say that you "wouldn't be arguing this unless there was evidence supporting what you say."
but I wouldn't either. I'm not saying NO just because you said YES

iMUSTbeTHEdevil
Sun, 09-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Tisk tisk, you girls...

Still gotta agree with Kray on this one, not to mention if they could sense one another doesnt that make it a lot harder to sneak up on people. And if you counter with Chakra supression, I will be forced to counter with "Scouters!"

Muahaha!

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 09-28-2008, 04:33 PM
This I can explain easy enough but just keep watching and you should get it

YEAAAA, keep watching and one of you will be proved wrong shortly.

but Im sure Krayz would still come up with some kinda nonsense excuse as to how it doesn't apply to the situation that is soon to come.

Abdula
Sun, 09-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Thats a spoiler dude, remove it quickly.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 09-28-2008, 04:47 PM
its just a word, maybe its a name... who knows. its a spoiler if you call it a spoiler.. but okay now that you said that I guessss I should take it down.

KrayZ33
Sun, 09-28-2008, 05:51 PM

but Im sure Krayz would still come up with some kinda nonsense excuse as to how it doesn't apply to the situation that is soon to come.

I thought a lot about whether I post this or not, maybe I'm better off ignoring your shit since we have a lot of manga readers here who might feel "attacked" or something

but seriously,

I think my... lets call them "arguments" are pretty good and they make sense so far...

oh by the way... I shouldn't say this but I can't resist: sry for not being a manga-f'' who is just posting here complaining about everything which was "so much better in the manga ZOMG!" and making "fun" of people saying stuff like: "hihi see that fool? he doesn't know a thing *giggle*" who have less information because they were probably missing in the anime or didn't even occur yet.

I could go on saying that it's fine if it's better in the manga and that we feel glad you tell us sometimes (especially if some stuff wern't dicussed in the anime).... and about that this is exactly one of the points I'm criticising about Abdula's posts (using manga-knowledge) but since you don't even try to give reasons related to the anime unlike him, it isn't even worth it and also, not topic related..

last time I checked, this was the Naruto-Anime discussion... so discuss things which happened in the anime

I don't even give a shit about whether I'm right or wrong in the end (and thx for telling me that I'm wrong which is a spoiler itself btw) I simply have fun discussing things like this with others speculating about every single possibility, but if we really want to discuss things here, do it on the anime level or just ignore it...

Death BOO Z
Sun, 09-28-2008, 06:11 PM
*yawn...*
less personal attacks, more sneaking of jabs and sucker punches.

manga readers don't come here to complain that the manga was better, we come to complain that the manga sucks. it just sucks so much that we need more space to complain, also, we complain about things that sucked back in the day in the manga, but now they're happening again (mostly, without the anime team fixing the stupid parts that happened in them), and they still sucked.

now, for the read deal of chackra sense.
people in the story (mostly high level people) were able to 'feel' out different people without clear explaination. it wasn't mentioned whether it's because of 'chackra' or something else, but it's a fact that it's possible (even I, clearly not a ninja, was once able to feel a cow sneaking up on me)

example: chapter 290. Orochimaru vs Yamato. Orochimaru knows that team naruto is hiding in the bushes, and we're told earlier that their position isn't giving their presence away by smell or sound, so orochimaru finds them out with his uber ninja senses.

Abdula
Sun, 09-28-2008, 06:24 PM
You know whats funny Kray. I just finished telling Kagemane that you only started having a problem with me when you found out I read the manga. Anyway Kray I hope you're finished now really because its ridiculous.

Oh and I think I can speak for the other manga readers when I say that the reason we talk about the manga is not because we want to make you anime viewers look stupid but because so much gets lost in the anime that you really don't get a real understanding of Naruto unless you read the manga. Its not to make you guys feel stupid rather its just to clear up, things that aren't clear in the anime, this being yet another thing. I really am only trying to help, hell I only started reading the manga when the anime went to fillers in the first place.

Sorry I make you feel threatened KrayZ.

Oh and btw I think you misunderstood Kagemane was referring to. In the quote he used I was referring to this.
so if it's soooo difficult why don't they just stand in front of the house and wait?

Which like I said is easy to explain. Its as simple as saying Hidan is an idiot and an immortal so he really doesn't care and Kakuzu is one bad Mofo.

Oh and DBZ made a good point, in that alot of the things we complain about here we also complained about in the manga when it was at that point. Really if you want to see alot of complaining you should check out any of the recent manga threads, like he said there is barely enough time in the week for us to complain about one chapter before another one comes out.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Sun, 09-28-2008, 10:24 PM
I think my... lets call them "arguments" are pretty good and they make sense so far...

Nah lets not... you only "argue" for the sake of arguing, which is stupid. This isn't Debate Team Forums, its Naruto... my evidence? You're debating whether or not ninjas can sense chakra, which anyone that has watched the show and absorbs it is well aware of. So either you watch the show and forget what you watched a little later on, or I'm right. But when you talk in absolutes about a tv show, its hard to believe the first one.

oh by the way... I shouldn't say this but I can't resist: sry for not being a manga-f'' who is just posting here complaining about everything which was "so much better in the manga ZOMG!" and making "fun" of people saying stuff like: "hihi see that fool? he doesn't know a thing *giggle*" who have less information because they were probably missing in the anime or didn't even occur yet.

I watch the Anime too and I like to throw in my hay penny of some sense every now and then. yeah I thrive off making people feel stupid... you guessed it!

I could go on saying that it's fine if it's better in the manga and that we feel glad you tell us sometimes (especially if some stuff wern't dicussed in the anime).... and about that this is exactly one of the points I'm criticising about Abdula's posts (using manga-knowledge) but since you don't even try to give reasons related to the anime unlike him, it isn't even worth it and also, not topic related..

Ehh, its topic related... I just dont go back and find the exact examples for people who cant remember shit... us people with decent memories (my short term is shot btw) can remember the stuff happening just not the who and when part.

last time I checked, this was the Naruto-Anime discussion... so discuss things which happened in the anime

Last time I checked naruto isnt a religion, its a damned tv show... stop with the hitler attitude of tryin to keep shit in order, last time I checked youre no mod. If a mod wants to come in here and assert it, well fine... but coming from you its just fuel to the flames.

I don't even give a shit about whether I'm right or wrong in the end (and thx for telling me that I'm wrong which is a spoiler itself btw) I simply have fun discussing things like this with others speculating about every single possibility, but if we really want to discuss things here, do it on the anime level or just ignore it...

more evidence you need to join the debate team and gtfo the message boards

On topic: Another reason it pissed me off to stretch out the hidan vs shika-asuma fight... made the duo seem weak, particularly shika's kagemane (or whatever that version is called) no jutsu :P

Jessper
Mon, 09-29-2008, 12:55 AM
With all the negative I feel I have to say I enjoyed the episode. I saw the Rasengan thing coming for a while now so I didn't have a problem with that and the fight was sweet imo. Asuma's last move (or rather his face...) was animated in a strange way but beyond that I had a great time watching it.

I don't watch this show expecting an epiphany on how to solve world hunger though, so I think I might be working with different standards than some of you complaining...

DarthEnderX
Mon, 09-29-2008, 03:31 AM
Seriously, this, "I'm right, but I can't show you why cause its not in the anime yet" bullshit has got to stop!

We're trying to have a fucking conversation here between people who don't necessarily read the manga and you keep doing that shit.

What part of "We don't want to be spoiled" do you not fucking understand?

We're sitting here, trying to enjoy piecing shit together with just that information that we have, you know, just like you manga readers do in the...wait for it...MANGA THREADS! And everytime you do you gotta pop your face in here and go "nope, that's not it, and your stupid for thinking that." Well that's the fucking end of it because we know you read the manga and we know when you do that its because the manga already answered it, so whats the point of us even talking about it anymore?

It's not fucking fair for you to come in here and treat people like idiots because they don't have the same information you do, and whats worse, you gotta stomp all over any discussion we were having with each other!

Fucking....RAAAGH! FUCK!

KrayZ33
Mon, 09-29-2008, 03:49 AM
Nah lets not... you only "argue" for the sake of arguing, which is stupid. This isn't Debate Team Forums, its Naruto... my evidence? You're debating whether or not ninjas can sense chakra, which anyone that has watched the show and absorbs it is well aware of. So either you watch the show and forget what you watched a little later on, or I'm right. But when you talk in absolutes about a tv show, its hard to believe the first one.

I showed a lot of examples were people weren't able to sense each other and as I said 2 times before, in (nearly) all cases they were able to sense another prensence was when ninja's were fighting and leaking chakra

I watch the Anime too and I like to throw in my hay penny of some sense every now and then. yeah I thrive off making people feel stupid... you guessed it!

yes you do

Last time I checked naruto isnt a religion, its a damned tv show... stop with the hitler attitude of tryin to keep shit in order, last time I checked youre no mod. If a mod wants to come in here and assert it, well fine... but coming from you its just fuel to the flames.

Wow, amazing.. actually everything has absolutely nothing to do with me acting like a mod but just because I'm not a mod doesn't mean I like getting spoilers from a retard like you.

btw lulz @ the hitler flame.

and what has everything to do with naruto being a religion or not?

You know whats funny Kray. I just finished telling Kagemane that you only started having a problem with me when you found out I read the manga

and you know that this is just normal? otherwise you wouldn't have this "all knowing attitude" like you do right now... and I'm just trying to sum up the points people have when they disagree with you.

because you make them look like it makes no sense, but when I show you examples were "this and that" happened you come with "I can't tell you now why this is so, but keep watching you will see I'm right"

~~~Duuuuuuuuurrrrrr

Assertn
Mon, 09-29-2008, 10:06 AM
I agree with DarthEnder. Kagemane and Abdula are being huge manga-prophet fags. If you know you're right due to proof that happened in the anime, then fine. But if you know you're right due to something that hasn't happened yet, then just drop it.

Seriously, you guys are like a bunch of kids with your egos...it's just an anime series.

Abdula
Mon, 09-29-2008, 11:06 AM
I guess thats the difference between perception and reality huh. I mean you guys just think we're being manga prophets so therefore we are. Its rather sad actually.

Anyway, there is proof that actually happened in the anime, DBZ gave the example of Oro knowing Team Kakashi was hiding in the bushes and there is no way he could have known that unless he could sense them. I can even remember Naruto sensing Zabuza hiding in the bushes in one of the first episodes of the series and throwing a kunai at him and Zabuza using a substitution jutsu and switching with a white rabbit or Kakashi sensing that Gaara was watching him while he was training Sasuke. Hell how many times have they used the line, "Come out, I know you're there" How do you think they know they are there. Heck even in the Chuunin exam when Baki and Kabuto sensed that the examiner guy was watching them and Baki killed him.

KrayZ doesn't even deny that there are instances where ninjas have been able to sense each other he is just arguing semantics.

Seriously, this, "I'm right, but I can't show you why cause its not in the anime yet" bullshit has got to stop! This line right here proves that it doesn't even matter what we say or what proof there actually is. This is all that goes through your minds. Its quite pathetic. I don't even see how me saying ninjas can sense each other became such a bug fuss, when it is something that was already established even if it isn't explicitly said. For the most part we all knew Naruto couldn't use a rasengan with one hand or he would have done so even if that wasn't explicitly said. Just so you guys know that line with Naruto saying he can't use one hand, was never in the manga but its so well established that the anime guys actually put it in.

Hell if I say ninjas can walk on walls but I don't post a clip of a scene where it happened in the anime are you guys going to accuse me of being a manga prophet. What if I say there is more to Akatsuki than meets the eye.:rolleyes:

It's not fucking fair for you to come in here and treat people like idiots because they don't have the same information you do, and whats worse, you gotta stomp all over any discussion we were having with each other!
What the hell are you talking about. This is my point you guys don't have a leg to stand on you're just griping about manga readers posting in the anime threads which is ridiculous and the only one stomping all over any discussion is KrayZ.

Anyway next time I talk about something thats already been established in the anime, I'll make sure and find out exactly where it happened so you can guys can all see it. Because then you won't be able to say that we don't have the same information.

Until next time peeps.

Sorry we aren't all as subtle as you are Assertn.:rolleyes:

Yukimura
Mon, 09-29-2008, 11:37 AM
I too agree with the assertion that Kagemane and Abdula are acting like manga prophets and/or jackasses. Even if the examples which they claim demonstrate their points happened in the anime both admit they can't be bothered to remember and cite the actual events that support the conclusions they've drawn. But both seem to feel justified in demanding people honor their conclusions as doctrine and attack people for disagreeing with those conclusions on the basis that their conclusions MUST be right. Its as if they think their memories and deductive abilities are infallible and their messages are beyond the need for tangible support. If I didn't know better I'd think they were both raised Catholic or something.

That said, it's not anyone's place to tell them how they ought to make their points. If they think they are above giving evidence then fine. It falls to the rest of us to judge for ourselves whether to accept their opinions as the "Word of God" or to doubt it until definitive evidence is introduced. Unfortunately, Gotwoot is no longer moderated so manga prophets can just bounce into anime threads and go "I think X, oh and I read the manga" which gives them false credibility and makes X seem like a fact even when no evidence has been produced. Since no one is going to mod these boards there's no way to stop the doubt that potential manga prophecy casts over all the threads here so I would recommend anyone who actually wants to discuss the Naruto anime without having to deal with manga prophecies just go to another forum, this one just isn't for you anymore.

Oh and for the record I'm a manga reader and Abdula does not ever speak for me. Believing anything he says when he feels too good to provide support is about as smart as believing that drinking the magic koolaid will transport you up to the mothership.

EDIT: As I was typing Abdula has provided compelling support from the anime for his most point and I no longer have no gripe with him over this particular issue. However I believe the problem I outlined still exists. I personally don't trust all the manga readers on this forum not to abuse their manga knowledge or false credability again at some point and stand by my recommendation that those who desire only to discuss the Naruto anime in the context of the Naruto anime avoid Gotwoot's Naruto Anime Discussion thread.

Abdula
Mon, 09-29-2008, 11:51 AM
But both seem to feel justified in demanding people honor their conclusions as doctrine and attack people for disagreeing with those conclusions on the basis that their conclusions MUST be right. Its as if they think their memories and deductive abilities are infallible and their messages are beyond the need for tangible support. If I didn't know better I'd think they were both raised Catholic or something.
This is going to be my last post here because really this is tiring. I'll just say one thing. I never attacked anyone, infact it was KrayZ who attacked me, no one seems to see that and I don't expect anyone to accept what I say as doctrine that is just foolish. I even agreed to say that I was wrong just so we can all move on but that wasn't enough for KrayZ either and at no point in this thread did I or anyone else say I'm right because the manga said so. I think you guys are pathetic and like I've said many many times, no one ever had a single problem with discussing anything with me until they found out I was a manga reader. Before then I used to argue even the most ridiculous things here with people and no one had a problem. I even got into a big argument with Jessper once, that earned me a warning.

Anyway you guys are entitled to believe that, he is a manga reader so everything he posts is him being a manga prophet if you want even though I think its completely ridiculous, and if you just stop long enough to think about what I post, it would make sense. Anyway later peeps. I still can't believe this all happened because I was trying to clear something up and then I get attacked by a freaking Nazi but yet I'm the bad guy. Naruto fans, gotta love em:rolleyes:

EDIT: As I was typing Abdula has provided compelling support from the anime for his most point and I no longer have no gripe with him over this particular issue. However I believe the problem I outlined still exists. I personally don't trust all the manga readers on this forum not to abuse their manga knowledge or false credability again at some point and stand by my recommendation that those who desire only to discuss the Naruto anime in the context of the Naruto Anime avoid Gotwoot's Naruto Anime Discussion thread.
As I said before the reason I didn't provide proof was not for lack of evidence. It was just lazyness and I don't know why you would encourage people not to come to the anime discussion threads. If it'll help things out I'll leave which I have done at least twice before and each time I stop posting someone asks me to start again. Seriously its impossible to satisfy you guys.

DarthEnderX
Mon, 09-29-2008, 12:06 PM
This line right here proves that it doesn't even matter what we say or what proof there actually is. This is all that goes through your minds. Its quite patheticI don't have a problem with you arguing a point using facts in evidence. Really.

But the instant something like
This I can explain easy enough but just keep watching and you should get itor

but Im sure Krayz would still come up with some kinda nonsense excuse as to how it doesn't apply to the situation that is soon to come.gets posted, you guys aren't discussing or arguing or debating anymore. You are spoiling. Because you are flat out saying "I'm right. The manga shows I'm right. Soon the anime will too. So stop arguing with me." And that's pretty much the end of anything we can say on the matter because, whats the point of talking about it any more, you've spoiled the answer.

You have this idea that you're not doing what we're accusing you of doing, but those quotes above are the EXACT moments you guys are doing it.

I'm really tempted to go to the manga forum and start reading the chapter threads that represent these episodes in the anime to see if you guys were this "smart" when it was in the manga and you didn't know what was coming up yet.

Abdula
Mon, 09-29-2008, 12:14 PM
This I can explain easy enough but just keep watching and you should get it Okay sorry Darth, I already explained that. That was just me referring to the fact that Hidan is immortal so even if he notices someone sneaking up on him he really wouldn't care where as Kakuzu seems to be the more logical ninja-esque one of two. We've seen enough of the two of them already that I think you guys must have caught that and I was merely suggesting that KrayZ didn't pick up on it yet but if he keeps watching he would. Sorry if that line rubbed you the wrong way.

I'm really tempted to go to the manga forum and start reading the chapter threads that represent these episodes in the anime to see if you guys were this "smart" when it was in the manga and you didn't know what was coming up yet. With guys like me, Assertn, Yukimura, DBZ and Uchiha Barles reading the manga we pretty much all figure out what Kishi is going to do next before he does.

-Oh btw you guys have actually figured out alot of stuff too. You just don't know it yet.

Yukimura
Mon, 09-29-2008, 03:28 PM
I encouraged certain people to not come here because it seems like the most beneficial solution to all parties involved. Without moderation there's nothing to keep manga readers from bringing up the manga. While I generally try, I know I don't always feel like making the effort to cover my tracks against 'almost' spoilers and I don't think I'm the only one who slips up. Since no one with the power to stop it seems to care about people mentioning aspects of the manga in the anime threads anymore I no longer see this board as a conducive place for pure (absolutely no mention of the manga) Anime discussion and people looking for that would be better off looking elsewhere than whining about how this isn't the place for it anymore.

Kraco
Mon, 09-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Now, now, Yuki. Don't be so black and white. There's a saying here in Finland that you shouldn't make a bull out of a fly, and I'm sure there's an equivalent also in English, so let's follow it and not start to dig a grave for this forum quite yet. Major spoilers do indeed get moderated here even if some small ones may slip past, depending on how actively mods happen to be reading these impossibly long-winded and self-repeating conversations here. But that hardly means this forum is useless yet. After all, I don't feel like I'm getting spoiled here, and I don't read the manga.

I at least try to pretend to read through all these deadly boring posts featuring naught but fencing between some regulars. Now, I know I'm not the most sharp-eyed person for details and I might read a small spoiler and never notice, and moreover I might not notice because I don't read the manga and would just think I forgot something from the anime, but still I'm just a little offended you say there's nothing but anarchy left here.

A pure anime forum would mean manga readers aren't even welcome because anything but "good/bad animation in this episode" would be perceived by the most suspicious fellow member to contain traces of manga knowledge. That wouldn't be fair by any measure. I'm not saying people shouldn't be more careful here, because the classic case of eliminating possibilities posted by anime only watchers because you know they won't happen in the manga is still forbidden and will remain so.

In short, manga readers should realise there are some things they simply can't do that would be possible for anime only watchers. If you know something, you know it, and unless you make an extra effort to write bs purposefully, it's just impossible to be totally neutral.

KrayZ33
Mon, 09-29-2008, 04:48 PM
I still can't believe this all happened because I was trying to clear something up and then I get attacked by a freaking Nazi but yet I'm the bad guy. Naruto fans, gotta love em:rolleyes:

fuck you

btw everything started with you saying

I think you're smoking something, I'll ignore the latter half of your post and ask what the hell makes you think an Akatsuki would fall for a transformation technique. Anyone above genin level recognizes it right away.

1. insulting
2. not true

and not me "attacking" you, I just did what you did before in my post, after you started being an asshole again

-Oh don't hold it against me if I'm coming off a little rough because I'm in a bad mood.

Douche
Oh wow. I already said I was in a bad mood, way to go.

on a side note.... did you get a neg rep saying that? and did you actually think it was me?

Abdula
Mon, 09-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Yeah I did get a neg rep and no I don't think it was you. You have shown that you are more than willing to argue with me/post about it if you have a problem with what I say and I respect that.

Oh and this thing about whether ninjas can sense each other or not didn't start until after Darth mentioned that ninjas only see through transformation techniques if there is a flaw in the transformation.

As for me saying "I think you're smoking something" its not the first time I've said it and I stand by what I said.:p This thing with me and you didn't just start now it started months ago.

I just hope that now you are satisfied, so that we can move on from this like I asked you to do 2 pages ago.

KrayZ33
Mon, 09-29-2008, 05:24 PM
edit: gosh I can't let this whiny shit I posted before stand here... I have to edit it.

As for me saying "I think you're smoking something" its not the first time I've said it and I stand by what I said. This thing with me and you didn't just start now it started months ago.

I just hope that now you are satisfied, so that we can move on from this like I asked you to do 2 pages ago.

ya so be it, I guess it's better to do so anyway now.. even though its too late ~~;

DarthEnderX
Mon, 09-29-2008, 09:44 PM
I can't rep anyone anymore. There's only like 6 people total on the Naruto/Bleach/One Piece anime forums, and that's apparently not enough to "spread rep around", so I guess I just don't get to give rep no mo.
I encouraged certain people to not come here because it seems like the most beneficial solution to all parties involved. Without moderation there's nothing to keep manga readers from bringing up the manga.Why do you keep saying there's no moderation? Are the guys with the Moderator title not actually moderators or what?

Abdula
Mon, 09-29-2008, 10:30 PM
I can't rep anyone anymore. There's only like 6 people total on the Naruto/Bleach/One Piece anime forums, and that's apparently not enough to "spread rep around", so I guess I just don't get to give rep no mo.
There is no need to defend yourself, if that is what you're doing. I really don't know or care who it was, I just found the timing to be a bit weird since it was just after I'd made the edit saying not to hold it against me since I was in a bad mood. The person obviously just wants my attention because I've gotten more since then including one on my above post that read

I negged you, not Kray...Muahahahah!
Really its just some loser looking for attention and completely not worth my time.

Anyway this thread is getting a bit off topic, so anyone got anything Naruto related to discuss? I would bring up something but that hasn't been turning out too well lately:D

DarthEnderX
Tue, 09-30-2008, 01:32 AM
There is no need to defend yourself, if that is what you're doing. I really don't know or care who it wasWhat? No. I was just mentioning it cause people were talking about rep.

More of a "The rep system seems flawed for those of us who only know 5 people!" type thing.

Kraco
Tue, 09-30-2008, 01:37 AM
Okay, let that be the last post of offtopic kind in this thread. You folks take it to the Pit from now on if you must.

StingRay
Tue, 09-30-2008, 07:39 AM
I just finally got around to watching the episode. I liked watching Asuma fight. He's one of my favorite characters so it was nice to see.

Although during his fight with Hidan, i was wondering why he couldn't just cut Hidan's scythe the way he cut through the swords that were tossed at him. I mean we've seen him throw Kunai through trees and according to Kakashi, wind element can slice anything to bits. Oh well, maybe next episode something like that will happen.

Anyone else find it funny that Sakura and Sai have all this free time to just stare at Naruto? Shouldn't they too be training so that they can become better ninja? I don't know i'm sure its been stated in previous threads but after so many episodes of them doing that, it gets old.

Kraco
Tue, 09-30-2008, 07:57 AM
Sakura is a crybaby and likes to worry about others, and Sai is likely still recovering from his injuries and is taking it easy. Normal people can't train while injured unlike the kyuubi powered Naruto.

Actually Sai is training all the time: Reading those "useful" books explaining communication, relationships, and friendship.

ASSpirine
Tue, 09-30-2008, 09:04 AM
There is no need to defend yourself, if that is what you're doing. I really don't know or care who it was, I just found the timing to be a bit weird since it was just after I'd made the edit saying not to hold it against me since I was in a bad mood. The person obviously just wants my attention because I've gotten more since then including one on my above post that read

Really its just some loser looking for attention and completely not worth my time.

Anyway this thread is getting a bit off topic, so anyone got anything Naruto related to discuss? I would bring up something but that hasn't been turning out too well lately:D

This thread is always getting offtopic...

Buffalobiian
Tue, 09-30-2008, 09:25 AM
Although during his fight with Hidan, i was wondering why he couldn't just cut Hidan's scythe the way he cut through the swords that were tossed at him. I mean we've seen him throw Kunai through trees and according to Kakashi, wind element can slice anything to bits. Oh well, maybe next episode something like that will happen.

I'm thinking that too. Like, even if you can't get the scythe, just cut the friggen rope!

But according to our manga friends, this fight lasted 5 seconds there.

So really, if it was a normal episode rather than the special stretch, it would have been like:

*Asuma cuts sword/kunai
*Hidan: Oo, you've got some nice blades
*Hidan uses uber taijutsu, dodges Shikamaru+Asuma and nails him in the face
*Hidan starts ritual.

But I thought this Hidan guy's supposed to be slow...?

Abdula
Tue, 09-30-2008, 09:44 AM
That is exactly how it went Bill. Hidan said his attack speed is the slowest in Akatsuki, but that doesn't actually mean he is slow if you get what I'm saying.

Sai is likely still recovering from his injuries and is taking it easy. Normal people can't train while injured unlike the kyuubi powered Naruto.
Uh, what injury are you talking about?

Anyone else find it funny that Sakura and Sai have all this free time to just stare at Naruto? Shouldn't they too be training so that they can become better ninja?
Yes all three of them are supposed to be training to get better. Isn't that what they all promised to do after they were embarrassed by Sasuke. Beyond that Tsunade usually keeps Sakura busy running little errands for her when she is not training, so I really don't know how she has so much free time.

Kraco
Tue, 09-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Uh, what injury are you talking about?

http://forums.gotwoot.net/gallery/files/9/7/6/2/saiinjured.jpg

A few episodes ago, before he started to visit Naruto's training grounds with Sakura.

Abdula
Tue, 09-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Woah, since I don't remember that I'm guessing it was from the fillers because I didn't watch anymore than the first two episodes of filler. Kinda weird that they would be playing up an injury that took place in fillers though, especially since the main cast should be back in action as soon as Naruto's training is over.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 09-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Sooo uhh... I was just siding with Abdula cause I thought Kray was just going at the conversation entirely the wrong way. What that way is I cant remember anymore but I know it pissed me off enough to get involved.

BTW I said ONE of you are wrong I never said which one fuckers. Tell me how that indicates a spoiler.

But in all honesty youre all makin way too much fuss over sensing chakra. Its not gonna tie into some gigantic spoiler that will make you all want to burn me and abdula alive, its just another little unexplained part of the series that I'm sure will be debated on. But okay I'm an asshole, a prophet-fag, a jackass.... ya ya ya grats.

And fuck you Kraco I'm done when I wanna be.

LOL at the cowards who insult me through -rep. It would be a lot more of a brain fuck if you +repped me and insulted me or -repped with a compliment. But nah you had to be unoriginal. Next time you got somethin to say SAY IT TO MY FACE BIIIIIITCH.

ANDD sorry Abdula, I just made shit worse. = /

Kraco
Tue, 09-30-2008, 11:52 AM
That conversation is finished already. So, drop it.

And Abdula, I'm sure he'll be in perfect condition the first moment he needs to be again, that is, after Naruto is finished with his training or whatever is going to happen next. Who knows why they felt the need to make him stand there idly, watching Naruto train...

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 09-30-2008, 12:06 PM
I hope they don't let Sai get pushed completely out of the focus now that Naruto is gettin his superpowers and they'll be fighting against the Legion of doom. They had a lot of focus on the dude and he's not all that weak... Im not a huge Sai fan but it would make all that time spent listening to his crazy ass talkin seem like wasted space... to just have him end up being useless.

Assertn
Tue, 09-30-2008, 12:28 PM
What? No. I was just mentioning it cause people were talking about rep.

More of a "The rep system seems flawed for those of us who only know 5 people!" type thing.
Yeah...I haven't been able to rep anyone in like 6 months

DarthEnderX
Tue, 09-30-2008, 03:10 PM
I think Sai has alot more up his sleeve. That whole arc was an abortion from a battle standpoint. I don't think we'll really see what Sai can do till he goes one on one against an important enemy he's meant to have a typical shounen battle against.
BTW I said ONE of you are wrong I never said which one fuckers. Tell me how that indicates a spoiler.Because in the very sentence after you said that you said
but Im sure Krayz would still come up with some kinda nonsense excuse as to how it doesn't apply to the situation that is soon to come.So you said "one of these guys will be wrong, and Krayz is gonna be pissed when it happens" your kinda telling us which one of them is gonna be wrong. Der.

For Christ's sake, leave it alone already. No matter whether you think you are right (or not), I already said that discussion is over. No need to try to wrangle responses from Kage anymore, or get the last word.
-Kraco

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Tue, 09-30-2008, 08:36 PM
lol nvm... its done and done.

<3

Darth: I just hope he gets his chance to really go all out and test his limits. And not just be restrained to the support role his entire naruto career.

DarthEnderX
Tue, 09-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Well, if that did happen, he'd be the first male major character to never get a 1 on 1 important battle at some point. The only major characters that never had important battles were Ino, Tenten and Hinata, who never had a "shounen showdown" outside of the Chuunin exam prelims.

God I miss the Chuunin exams. "Hey, we're gonna do 10 1v1 battles against people who you mostly never seen go "all out" before."

Those were great days.

Goddamn Naruto needs to take another chuunin exam and all the other genins need to be unknown character.(Actually, what would be hilarious is if Naruto ended up in the same Chuunin exam as Konohamaru.) :p

Abdula
Tue, 09-30-2008, 11:29 PM
Sai? Really? I think that ship sailed when Kishi skipped on the chance for us to see Sai go one on one with Sasuke of all people. I don't think I would mind seeing a bit more of Sai but really we know what his fighting style is so what more is there to show. He draws stuff and it comes to life, sure there are seemingly limitless possibilities using a fighting style like that but really I'm just not interested.

I want to see more of your fundamental traditional ninja battles and there are so few of these already. This time around we have an immortal, before that we had yet another immortal in Oro fighting 4 tailed Naruto and before that we had a living puppet. I'm not knocking any of those battles, I'm just saying that that isn't what got me into Naruto. Fights like Kakashi vs Zabuza, Lee vs Gaara and Neji vs Naruto are what made this series and I just think its getting a bit too gimmicky. I mean Kakashi warping things in another dimension just by looking at them. Once he perfects a technique like that then those stare downs we're used to seeing will take on an entirely different role.

Anyway as for Sai, it doesn't seem like Kishi plans on doing anything with him, it seems as if he really just put him there to fill in for Sasuke. I'm sure we'll see more of Sai, if and when Kishi decides to elaborate more on Danzo. He randomly threw Danzo into the mix and created all this suspicion about his character and then left it at that.

StingRay
Wed, 10-01-2008, 12:02 AM
I agree with Abdula. I think nowadays they just want to make money and not really focus on making a quality show anymore. They know they have a hot commodity so they're going to ride the train for as long as they can and make as much as they can. Hopefully it gets better because i enjoy watching this show with my nephews a lot and they just dig anything thats naruto related

Jessper
Wed, 10-01-2008, 12:17 AM
What are you guys talking about... We are in the midst of one of those "fundamental traditional ninja battles" right now. Sure it isn't 1v1 and neither was Sasori but they are still the fights I watch this show for.

Archangel
Wed, 10-01-2008, 07:35 AM
No I don't think its as simple as there not being a flaw in the transformation. To pull it off properly you have to be able to hide your chakra and completely remove your presence, which most people aren't able to do. So higher level ninjas would be able to sense them even if they don't know exactly where they are.

That was an exceptionally dumb thing to say especially for a manga reader.

Not all ninja's are able to sense chakra, this isn't dragon ball Abdula.

Abdula
Wed, 10-01-2008, 10:10 AM
Wow man just wow. If you didn't happen to notice the three pages of discussion after that post, including everyone agreeing that this was over then I really don't know what to say.

Anyway since you don't seem to know anything at all, I'll just say not everyone in DBZ was able to sense people either, its a skill and Vegeta for example had to learn how to do it. It being a skill just like being able to hide your presence, not everyone is going to be able to do it at the same level, just like everything else in Naruto. Not everyone in Naruto is just automatically able to use chakra either you know, they have to learn how to do that too and walk up walls and make seals.........:rolleyes:

Way to ignore 3 pages of posts Archangel, besides I've already made my point. Now your post was an especially dumb thing to say, but I know how fond you are of making a fool of yourself. Some people:rolleyes:

Archangel
Wed, 10-01-2008, 10:15 AM
You're right, i didn't notice that everyone else had already told you how dumb you were, my bad.

I'm not even gonna comment on the rest of that post, it's just a bunch of random bs that tries to hide just how retarded that first post was.

Abdula
Wed, 10-01-2008, 10:35 AM
:oMy bad, by now I should really know better than to respond to what you post. I guess this lends some credence to the argument that just because you're a manga reader doesn't mean you know everything, or anything at all it seems.

What are you guys talking about... We are in the midst of one of those "fundamental traditional ninja battles" right now. Sure it isn't 1v1 and neither was Sasori but they are still the fights I watch this show for.
Like I said its not about the fights themselves but the direction the show is going in. Its getting to the point where just being a good ninja isn't enough and you have to have some super ability or another just to be able to keep up. I guess thats not really a good explanation but I'm in a bit of a hurry so I'll talk more about it later.

Kraco
Wed, 10-01-2008, 11:06 AM
I know what you are talking about. And a sure sign of it was when watching the last two eps of School Rumble and witnessing a certain fist fight I found myself thinking Naruto and many other shounen fight animes could learn a lot from it. However, I suppose the whole thing could be more or less inevitable with the setting present in Naruto: Little realism and all manner of fancy techniques there simply to make characters appear different from each other and battles look more and more grand every time.

ASSpirine
Wed, 10-01-2008, 01:26 PM
too bad the things we've seen Sai drawn are almost practically the same, if it isn't the tiger/lion thingies, it's the bird, mice or snakes. I want to see some new sstuff, that's why I'm glad there're new opponents, and in the form of Akatsuki too :)

KrayZ33
Wed, 10-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Like I said its not about the fights themselves but the direction the show is going in. Its getting to the point where just being a good ninja isn't enough and you have to have some super ability or another just to be able to keep up. I guess thats not really a good explanation but I'm in a bit of a hurry so I'll talk more about it later.

actually, its a good explanation..

If you are "only" as good as Zabuza, you'll sooner or later die, because of Naruto's kyuubi, Hidan's immortality, Sasuke's Sharingan etc. because they outmatch everything

The Heretic Azazel
Wed, 10-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Unfortunately that takes away from how bad ass a character Zabuza was.

Assertn
Wed, 10-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Ehh I dunno....
I would assume that Zabuza's skill level is comparable to Kisame's...since they were both part of the Mist 7.

KrayZ33
Wed, 10-01-2008, 05:58 PM
well, the point is, that even someone like as strong as him (who is one of the very few "real" ninjas I've seen in Naruto) wouldn't win against superpowers :/

to be honest, he...kakashi + haku were the reason I started to like naruto in the first place, I don't want to bring up that topic again, but the water country arc was the very best of naruto so far.

*cough* btw wasn't raiga one of the Mist 7 too? *cough*

Death BOO Z
Wed, 10-01-2008, 06:18 PM
well, the point is, that even someone like as strong as him (who is one of the very few "real" ninjas I've seen in Naruto) wouldn't win against superpowers :/

to be honest, he...kakashi + haku were the reason I started to like naruto in the first place, I don't want to bring up that topic again, but the water country arc was the very best of naruto so far.

*cough* btw wasn't raiga one of the Mist 7 too? *cough*

bold for agreement.

back in the days, Kakashi used his sharingan as a trump card, something to give him the extra mile to win. nowadays, he shoots black wholes through the universe.
when Haku went used his special move, it was damn special, and that was above his regular skills as a ninja. the new generation ninjas don't even try to pretend they can do something, they go straight to the special attack trick.

things went downhill with the 'chase sasuke out of the bucket' arc, the sound 4 (mainly the girl and the two headed emo) had nothing other their power move.

as for mist-sword-ninjas... Zabuza, Kisame, the guy from the OVA, and i think someone from the filler zone. I don't think we saw any more of them.

DarthEnderX
Wed, 10-01-2008, 07:21 PM
I think thats just the way the series has gone.

None of the old characters are comparable to the people they are fighting now, because Akatsuke is like a group of sannin-level ninjas. They're after Naruto, so everyone in the series either has to step up, or step out of the show, because that's who the villains are.

At first, I just assumed everyone of the genins would all end up super powerful and Shippuudden would be alot like the original series. With each of those characters having amazing new powers that got introduced as they got into battle. But now I'm starting to think that characters like Kiba and Chouji etc. are just going to end up left behind in the scope of the show. Naruto is moving on into this god-tier, and only those characters that can move up with him are going to continue to play a role in the series. Because that's who the enemies are.

If Akatsuki's formations were different, this might not be the case. As it is, they travel in pairs of god characters. If instead, each member of Akatsuke had their own squad of weaker ninjas, the show would have more room for more diverse battles. With characters like Naruto fighting the Akatsuke members, while less powerful characters could still have interesting, meaningful battles against the rest of his squad.

But that's apparently just not the case. Since all of Akatsuke is superpowerful, and the only 3 Sound ninjas left(as far as we can tell), are also all superpowereful.

So if you aren't superpowered, you ain't getting a battle in Shippuudden.
Ehh I dunno....
I would assume that Zabuza's skill level is comparable to Kisame's...since they were both part of the Mist 7.I don't think they're even remotely comparable, because I have a strong suspicion that Kisame is a jinchuuriki(primarily, his monsterous appearance, and the fact that he seems to have nearly endless amounts of chakra).

Death BOO Z
Wed, 10-01-2008, 07:58 PM
If Akatsuki's formations were different, this might not be the case. As it is, they travel in pairs of god characters. If instead, each member of Akatsuke had their own squad of weaker ninjas, the show would have more room for more diverse battles. With characters like Naruto fighting the Akatsuke members, while less powerful characters could still have interesting, meaningful battles against the rest of his squad.

oh, going down the bleach road? no thanks.

I try to imagine that couji died after fighting the fat dude, it makes things much better.
whenever some gets 'his' fight, I mark him down as dead, so the series keeps moving with a changing cast of 'fighting' characters, and some weaker 'support' troops to talk and prey out information. like in dragon ball Z, Goku, Vegita and Gohan would do the fighting, with the occasional Piccolo battle, and all the old fellows would just hang around at the background, cheering the good guys to fight on.
it's better than using them just to show that the bad guy is powerful (as in YYH, "OMG! he defeated Kurawabara, he ain't normal', thank you, detective deepshit).

the other way around it, of course, is for them to fight like ninjas, and have two or three teams gang up on a stronger enemy. team-work, careful planning, winning through brains and no with shonen heart. but fat chance for that happening.

anyways, it's better to let the old characters rest, and not push them into fights that don't make sense. I'm still angry over the Lee-Kimimaru fight.

Jessper
Wed, 10-01-2008, 08:48 PM
the other way around it, of course, is for them to fight like ninjas, and have two or three teams gang up on a stronger enemy. team-work, careful planning, winning through brains and no with shonen heart. but fat chance for that happening.

Oh ya, that would be totally unique from what the show is doing now. Like huge levels of difference. Oh man it would be so different.

Archangel
Thu, 10-02-2008, 12:28 PM
Ehh I dunno....
I would assume that Zabuza's skill level is comparable to Kisame's...since they were both part of the Mist 7.

Well seeing how Guy had to go full power against a 30% Kisame i wouldn't think they were quite at the same level.

KrayZ33
Thu, 10-02-2008, 01:39 PM
did he open his gates? I can't remember it..

but someone as focussed in taijutsu as Guy wouldn't have a chance against Zabuza either imho...

jutsu of the mist thingy -> sneaking up to him -> cut his throat.

even kakashi with his sharingan had problems with that, and without his bloodhounds he could have lost that fight.

and don't forget that zabuza played with Kakashi, I think he could have killed him but instead of doing that he was greedy and imprisoned him into the water prison

and lets not forget that kakashi went full power against zabuza too (using his sharingan during the whole fight)

Archangel
Thu, 10-02-2008, 02:24 PM
did he open his gates? I can't remember it..

but someone as focussed in taijutsu as Guy wouldn't have a chance against Zabuza either imho...

jutsu of the mist thingy -> sneaking up to him -> cut his throat.

even kakashi with his sharingan had problems with that, and without his bloodhounds he could have lost that fight.

and don't forget that zabuza played with Kakashi, I think he could have killed him but instead of doing that he was greedy and imprisoned him into the water prison

and lets not forget that kakashi went full power against zabuza too (using his sharingan during the whole fight)

Yeah he used the gates up to number 6

That's stupid, Gai isn't that weak for such an epic fail

So what? The bloodhounds are a jutsu so it's valid game.

Bullshit dude, that's like saying Kakashi could have used the Raikiri the first moment he laid eyes on Zabuza and owned him. The winner of that fight was kakashi because he was the superior ninja.

That just proves my point, Kisame is probably alot stronger than Gai and maybe even Kakashi.

KrayZ33
Thu, 10-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah he used the gates up to number 6

oh ok then

That's stupid, Gai isn't that weak for such an epic fail

epic fail? I don't think it's that easy to counter such a technique.. as I said Kakashi had problems with it too

So what? The bloodhounds are a jutsu so it's valid game.

So Guy can summon them too? what I wanted to say is that Kakashi couldn't move an inch and wouldn't be able to end the fight because he had no clue at all about were Zabuza was hiding... and if Guy doesn't have something to find Zabuza, he wouldn't be able to use his taijutsu

Bullshit dude, that's like saying Kakashi could have used the Raikiri the first moment he laid eyes on Zabuza and owned him. The winner of that fight was kakashi because he was the superior ninja.

Ya uhm... what are you refering to here?
and the Winner of that fight was kakashi because sasuke and naruto were there...The water prison would have killed him otherwise.
and instead of putting him into that water prison he could have cut his head off while he was caught in his chakra-channeled water

That just proves my point, Zabuza is probably alot stronger than Gai and maybe even Kakashi.

???? when did you make that point?

Archangel
Thu, 10-02-2008, 02:42 PM
Being instantly killed by such a jutsu would be an epic fail in my book

He would probably open 6 of the 8 gates and the power of all that raw chakra alone should be enough to disperse the fog

The only reason he was captured by Zabuza like that was because he had to protect those 4 bums

My bad, i meant to say Kisame. I corrected it.

KrayZ33
Thu, 10-02-2008, 02:59 PM
The only reason he was captured by Zabuza like that was because he had to protect those 4 bums

I don't think it would have made a difference.

water-clone kakashi kills ~ waterclone zabuza -> water clone zabuza-2 kills ~ waterclone kakashi -> real kakashi kills waterclone Zabuza-2 -> Real zabuza sneaks up from behind and tries to kill kakashi who escaped into the water...

so he was always one step ahead... Naruto and Sasuke even were a help because Zabuza got distracted by them and Kakashi's speech about "not letting his teammates die"...

they weren't a burden at all.
in the end they even rescued him

Archangel
Thu, 10-02-2008, 03:07 PM
He has to always have one sharingan on his adversary and the other eye
on the bums, you can't tell me that didn't have anything to do with it.

KrayZ33
Thu, 10-02-2008, 03:12 PM
tell me what could have changed if the kids weren't there?

"one eye": Kakashi succeded in killing the first water clone even though Zabuza suprised him by "spawning" between the kids

"both eyes focussed on him": Kakashi succeded in killing the first water clone....

well thats it, the result is the same, after all that the kids were out of the game... Zabuza didn't give a shit about them until he had Kakashi into his prison...

and most of all... kakashi used them as bait and waited for zabuza to make his move

and btw... Kisame and Zabuza use the very same techniques if I remember correctly... the only difference is that Zabuza has to fight near water and Kisame can create his own water..

when he fought Guy, he used -> water prison -> water clone -> several "water wave" jutus (or something like that)

and to be honest, I think "might guy" is not that "mighty"... at least from what he showed us in the fight against kisame... without his gates his taijutsu seems very weak not even close to that of Lee (lol)

well he was probably wearing 500 tons of weight or so.

Btw I have no doubt that Kisame is strong, I just think that Guy is bad for judging how strong he really is... imho Guy is not a real ninja... and he will always have a disadvantage against Jutsu users imho... the same goes for Lee.

Abdula
Thu, 10-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Kakashi was soft back then, the first time they met if it was Gai in that situation and not Kakashi, Gai would have won straight up, no questions asked. If Kakashi was being serious he could have beaten him then and there too, and as I remember it was Haku who stepped in to save Zabuza. And forget that stupid water prison. Gai has more than enough speed and strength that he would have been able to take care of Zabuza without even using the gates. You mentioned Kakashi was always one step behind do you really think that would have been the same if it were Gai.

And how were Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto and the guy they where protecting not a burden. The reason he wanted them to leave is so he could fight properly and no the water prison would not have been the end of Kakashi. He would have never even been caught in the water prison in the first place if he wasn't trying to protect them. Speaking of them, considering where the two teams were at that point Team Gai was way better than Kakashi's team was. Gai, Lee, Neji and Tenten would lose to Zabuza and Haku, yeah right. Anyway the fact of the matter is Kakashi won.

without his gates his taijutsu seems very weak not even close to that of Lee (lol)
imho Guy is not a real ninja
Yeah right Gai's taijutsu is even weaker than Lee's and Gai is not a real ninja. Why don't you tell that to Kisame or tell Kakashi that his life long rival and the man who goes around saying that he is stronger than Kakashi, is not a real ninja. I won't even comment on you saying Gai's taijutsu is weaker than Lee's. I wonder if we're even watching the same show.

KrayZ33
Thu, 10-02-2008, 04:31 PM
I can only judge from what I've seen and Kisame single handed dodged and blocked all of Guy-sensei's attacks and they weren't faster than Zabuza's side kick

and in the water Guy sensei's taijutsu is useless... that was shown during the fight too, he only one because of his superhuman-saiyajin power

and lee's taijutsu vs Gaara was a lot faster.... and I said "his taijutsu *SEEMS* a lot weaker than Lee's" that was all and because of that I thought he is not that strong

and funny, how you lay out your own thoughts as facts again and say everything else is wrong... kk...

Gai has more than enough speed and strength that he would have been able to take care of Zabuza without even using the gates

if *you* say so

You mentioned Kakashi was always one step behind do you really think that would have been the same if it were Gai. (why not btw?)

If Kakashi was being serious he could have beaten him then and there too, and as I remember it was Haku who stepped in to save Zabuza
ya after Naruto and Sasuke rescued him out of the water prison

And how were Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto and the Gai they where protecting not a burden

because he used them as bait, what would have changed if they were not there?
Zabuza himself said that, because of his speech about "how he protects everyone" the "fake kakashi" got his full attention and he though he's the real one

The reason he wanted them to leave is so he could fight properly and no the water prison would not have been the end of Kakashi

Oo? uhm.... *no*

and btw... Naruto is Sasukes rival too, yet we all know how much he sucks...

Archangel
Thu, 10-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Kakashi was soft back then, the first time they met if it was Gai in that situation and not Kakashi, Gai would have won straight up, no questions asked. If Kakashi was being serious he could have beaten him then and there too, and as I remember it was Haku who stepped in to save Zabuza. And forget that stupid water prison. Gai has more than enough speed and strength that he would have been able to take care of Zabuza without even using the gates. You mentioned Kakashi was always one step behind do you really think that would have been the same if it were Gai.

And how were Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto and the guy they where protecting not a burden. The reason he wanted them to leave is so he could fight properly and no the water prison would not have been the end of Kakashi. He would have never even been caught in the water prison in the first place if he wasn't trying to protect them. Speaking of them, considering where the two teams were at that point Team Gai was way better than Kakashi's team was. Gai, Lee, Neji and Tenten would lose to Zabuza and Haku, yeah right. Anyway the fact of the matter is Kakashi won.

Yeah right Gai's taijutsu is even weaker than Lee's and Gai is not a real ninja. Why don't you tell that to Kisame or tell Kakashi that his life long rival and the man who goes around saying that he is stronger than Kakashi, is not a real ninja. I won't even comment on you saying Gai's taijutsu is weaker than Lee's. I wonder if we're even watching the same show.

Abdula pretty much said everything i was too lazy to write.

Seriously this whole discussion has little merit as it is but after you saying that Gai is weaker than Lee it's not even worth to continue it.

But just FYI, in Gai's last cannon fight he turned on an extra gate than Lee did in the Gaara fight and his killing move sent his opponent down in a ball of flames... all that just by the use of his fists...

KrayZ33
Thu, 10-02-2008, 04:48 PM
---------------

whatever

Naruto is moving on into this god-tier, and only those characters that can move up with him are going to continue to play a role in the series. Because that's who the enemies are.

this is exactly what you 2 guys are doing... you think that people without ultra supa powers have no chance of winning at all....
normal jutsus are useless even though they have killed thousands of ninjas with it before (fog-jutsu for example)
It's probably my fault that I'm so naive to think that this show is a bit more serious than dragonballs, even though I know myself that it isn't...so you are most likely right.

and I'm not saying that because I want to end this conversation but because I just realised for myself that naruto is really made for 12 years old.

harrr... I know that it will never get back to what it was in the beginning, were ninjas were ninjas and it makes me feel sad :(

Abdula
Thu, 10-02-2008, 04:55 PM
Well this was a huge waste of time. Anyway KraY

this is exactly what you 2 guys are doing... you think that people without ultra supa powers have no chance of winning at all....
normal jutsus are useless even though they have killed 100000 of ninjas with it before (fog-jutsu for example) Its not that we think that, its just that that is the way it is. I'm sure if the Zabuza of then had to face the present Naruto or Sasuke he would lose and thats just the way it is.

I'm not saying that because I want to end this conversation but because I just realised for myself that naruto is really made for 12 years old.
I think the protagonist being a 12 year old when the show started was a big clue as to what age the target audience is.

KrayZ33
Thu, 10-02-2008, 05:26 PM
Shinji is 14 and I wouldn't say that NGE is meant for 12 years old

and the very first episodes were really well done and had what someone wanted to see from a show with "ninjas"
and naruto has it's moments where you think: "awesome!!"

Oro vs Hokage etc. those are scenes which I really enjoy.

and ya I think everyone knows now that I like Zabuza very much... but the way he died.. and the whole story about Haku and the fight against the demon brothers etc.... it really felt right for me to watch this. I think I was around 16 or 17 when I started to watch this show..

Abdula
Thu, 10-02-2008, 05:39 PM
What about the wording in my post made you think I meant that every show with a young protagonist is meant for kids.

Yeah, Zabuza had a great feel to him and he was an intimidating character but he wasn't all that, he even admitted that Haku was already stronger than he was.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-03-2008, 12:32 AM
Yeah, and Haku isn't even a match for a 0-tail Kyuubi Naruto.

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 10-03-2008, 12:52 AM
now I haveta go back and watch the zabuza arc now... thanks a lot guys.

you would think that the harder part in making a great anime would be the beginning, the birth of it, yet bleach and naruto just show me otherwise.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-03-2008, 02:41 AM
While I think the beginning is probably very hard, there's also the matter of "running out of ideas after 300 episodes".

That's why most of the best shows are the ones that are able to end on their own terms rather than the ones that just keep going and going until their popularity wanes and they get canceled.

Apparently, Oda is some kind of freak for being able to keep One Piece new and interesting seemingly indefinitely.

KrayZ33
Fri, 10-03-2008, 06:15 AM
What about the wording in my post made you think I meant that every show with a young protagonist is meant for kids.

I think the protagonist being a 12 year old when the show started was a big clue as to what age the target audience is.

and if the protagonist age doesn't matter... why do you say that the age of the protagonist could give me a clue?

Kagemane_no_Jutsu
Fri, 10-03-2008, 11:54 AM
That's why most of the best shows are the ones that are able to end on their own terms rather than the ones that just keep going and going until their popularity wanes and they get canceled.

Ohh for sure. FMA, Death Note, Cowboy Beebob, just to name a few. And as pissed as I am to see all these great series go there's a good chance it would just end up getting stale and making it have less an impact if kept alive much longer... Back in the day with Mobile suit gundam, they couldve ended it with the original and it would have been just as classic, idk if Zeta did it justice really... I know ZZ didn't. At lest it ended well the Chars counter attack.

Uberbaka
Fri, 10-03-2008, 04:53 PM
The problem isn't keeping it interesting, as it would have been at the very least pretty interesting if they kept to a proper manga chapters to anime episodes ratio and stopped messing around with all the bullcrap they flood the episodes with and uncalled for filler arcs.

The problem is that they hit a certain amount of popularity and they seem to be trying to squeeze as much money out of it as they possibly can before it all goes tits up...

Archangel
Fri, 10-03-2008, 04:55 PM
The problem is that they hit a certain amount of popularity and they seem to be trying to squeeze as much money out of it as they possibly can before it all goes tits up...

You don't know just how right you are

I remember when they used to either follow the manga completely or add substancial content to this anime that was actually very good ( like the kakashi vs. sakura and naruto fight ) but lately every time they try to squeeze a couple of minutes off you can always tel, when that shit isn't cannon because of its horrible quality.

tystic
Fri, 10-03-2008, 07:01 PM
The series definitely had more substance in its early episodes. Everything was meaningful and sometimes even powerful in the way it relates to the average person. (i'm talking pre-filler of course)

It's almost like whoever writes the filler is afraid to trample on future manga plot possibilities, so they purposefully stay away from anything with substance to it.

Much like trying to feed more people by adding water to the stew, it ruins the flavor.

DarthEnderX
Fri, 10-03-2008, 11:54 PM
Is something wrong with DB's website?

lilphatboi88
Fri, 10-03-2008, 11:59 PM
yeah, isn't there supposed to be a new hour long episode out already?

Dark Dragon
Sat, 10-04-2008, 02:39 AM
I think the quality difference between naruto/bleach compare to One Piece anime stem from the way the mangaka tell their story more than anything else.

Both Kishi and Kubo have a horrible habit of wasting a lot of pages. You can find evidence of this by reading the earlier chapters of bleach and naruto then compare them to their anime counterpart. What you will often see is that a lot of good naruto and bleach episodes usually consist of 3-4 chapters of content, granted kubo is the worse of the two since this fact become blatantly obvious during the soul society arc. This is also pretty obvious in the earlier episodes of shippuuden since they were dislike by many peoples because the anime studio was trying to limit them to 1-2 chapters per episode.

Oda on the other hand seems to be able to keep his chapters consistent in term of both quality and quantity. Many of the recent One Piece episodes start with a 5 minutes intro and limit themselves to 1 or 2 chapters max, yet they still somehow manages to be interesting and entertaining judging from the responses of the One Piece viewers.

Penner
Sat, 10-04-2008, 06:31 AM
Something is indeed wrong with DB's site.

I tought the new ep was supposed to be out yesterday atleast but alas i was wrong.. and DB is usually so proud of the fact that their releases are so consistant and almost never miss/delay it..something foul must be afoot!

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-04-2008, 06:37 AM
Something is indeed wrong with DB's site.

I tought the new ep was supposed to be out yesterday atleast but alas i was wrong.. and DB is usually so proud of the fact that their releases are so consistant and almost never miss/delay it..something foul must be afoot!

Have you read their trolls?

Archangel
Sat, 10-04-2008, 06:44 AM
What you will often see is that a lot of good naruto and bleach episodes usually consist of 3-4 chapters of content, granted kubo is the worse of the two since this fact become blatantly obvious during the soul society arc. This is also pretty obvious in the earlier episodes of shippuuden since they were dislike by many peoples because the anime studio was trying to limit them to 1-2 chapters per episode.

I disagree, a good anime episode doesn't have to follow the manga exactly and use like 4 chapters all at once, that will just make room for fucking annoying filler arcs.

What they need to do is add interesting new material to each and every one of the episodes. It doesn't have to be anything too long or meaningful, just the adding of humorous scenes every now and then usually gets the job done and they can even add some side battles every now and then; but " the ramen shop using that other dish", the "sakura soldier pills and emo crying" , etc. side arcs are just bullshit additions to the anime, that ultimately manage to ruin the whole experience.

ASSpirine
Sat, 10-04-2008, 07:20 AM
What troll? You can't go to the dattebayo site to read it :p

Penner
Sat, 10-04-2008, 08:12 AM
Exactly, if u cant even go to their site and read the troll how does one know its an actual troll or for real?

Plus they usually (or never?) purposely DELAY releases because of their trolling antics, or have i missed something?

Also, thanks for neg-repping me whoever did it, i love you too :D

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-04-2008, 09:21 AM
According to one of their more recent trolls, they delayed it because they were pissed off about something....you know DB...and them making up shit...

ASSpirine
Sat, 10-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Maybe because they're still pissed people still put their work on youtube
Wouldn't surprise me, if that's the reason

Archangel
Sat, 10-04-2008, 09:27 AM
According to one of their more recent trolls, they delayed it because they were pissed off about something....you know DB...and them making up shit...

Buaa Buaa you keep uploading our subs *sniff*

Take the compliment for what it is you whining bitches, the reason they upload your subs is because yours are the best in the internet today.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-04-2008, 09:36 AM
The last message encoded in their release said:

"Uploading our stuff is like putting lipstick on a pig"

I had to laugh for a second that that one.

Jessper
Sat, 10-04-2008, 03:58 PM
but " the ramen shop using that other dish", the "sakura soldier pills and emo crying" , etc. side arcs are just bullshit additions to the anime, that ultimately manage to ruin the whole experience.

The Ramen shop scene was one of the few times I've laughed at the humor when watching Naruto. The Sakura stuff really isn't bad, it takes no time and is there to show they care.

Overall I think you're too nostalgic about what you read in the Manga.

Abdula
Sat, 10-04-2008, 04:31 PM
Whats that assumption based on Jessper. I'm with Archangel on this one, just typing something like that gives me the chills or maybe its just the fall weather. Anyway I think the ramen shop scene in the manga was much better if only because I saw it there first.

Basically it went like this, They went to the shop, ramen girl was on vacation and the old man had to hire 2 new guys just to replace her and they still couldn't keep up with what she did. First off they prepared Naruto a special extra large bowl of ramen and put it down right in front of him, he starts drooling, screams Itadakimasu and is just about the start eating when the old man takes the bowl away because in the process of serving new guy actually put his hand in the soup. They apologize and quickly go make another bowl but in their hurry they spill it all on the floor right in front of Naruto who at this point is extremely hungry and seeing all the wasted ramen right in front of him is only making it worse. Then Kakashi has to step in and prevent the old guy from firing the new guys, just so Naruto can get his ramen. It played out much better than it sounds and I looked forward to seeing it animated.

A supposedly world famous ramen shop not serving ramen is just stupid, no one ever told them the customer comes first. I have no idea why they did that and I also don't know why they changed Yamato's lines because he just like most of the other ninjas in Naruto seem to hate ramen.

Jessper
Sat, 10-04-2008, 05:19 PM
I get that the scene was different but was it really enough to "ruin the whole experience" for you? The actual humor of the scene came from Yamato and Kakashi anyways so the circumstances leading to that being slightly different shouldn't ruin everything. Unless you thought Naruto being hungry was hilarious but I doubt that.

Archangel
Sat, 10-04-2008, 06:41 PM
I get that the scene was different but was it really enough to "ruin the whole experience" for you? The actual humor of the scene came from Yamato and Kakashi anyways so the circumstances leading to that being slightly different shouldn't ruin everything. Unless you thought Naruto being hungry was hilarious but I doubt that.

Fort one it really wasn't that funny, honestly i don't even understand how you enjoyed it so much, second trhe whole scene took way too much time and completely ruined the pace of the episode.

Abdula
Sat, 10-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Naruto humor doesn't do anything for me, try as they might their stuff is just not funny. The only reason I even cared about that scene in the manga was because its rare to actually see one there. Kishi doesn't even try, the majority of those scenes you guys get are just add ins they put in the anime so I don't know why the one time Kishi finally does one they would change it. That scene just didn't make any sense.

Buffalobiian
Sat, 10-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Whats that assumption based on Jessper. I'm with Archangel on this one, just typing something like that gives me the chills or maybe its just the fall weather. Anyway I think the ramen shop scene in the manga was much better if only because I saw it there first.

Basically it went like this, They went to the shop, ramen girl was on vacation and the old man had to hire 2 new guys just to replace her and they still couldn't keep up with what she did. First off they prepared Naruto a special extra large bowl of ramen and put it down right in front of him, he starts drooling, screams Itadakimasu and is just about the start eating when the old man takes the bowl away because in the process of serving new guy actually put his hand in the soup. They apologize and quickly go make another bowl but in their hurry they spill it all on the floor right in front of Naruto who at this point is extremely hungry and seeing all the wasted ramen right in front of him is only making it worse. Then Kakashi has to step in and prevent the old guy from firing the new guys, just so Naruto can get his ramen. It played out much better than it sounds and I looked forward to seeing it animated.

A supposedly world famous ramen shop not serving ramen is just stupid, no one ever told them the customer comes first. I have no idea why they did that and I also don't know why they changed Yamato's lines because he just like most of the other ninjas in Naruto seem to hate ramen.

I have to say, I like the manga version better.

Archangel
Sat, 10-04-2008, 07:45 PM
I have to say, I like the manga version better.

So it's 3 - 1 now, Jessper is getting is ass kicked my statistics :p

DarthEnderX
Sun, 10-05-2008, 01:47 AM
I just went and read that ramen scene and I prefer the anime one. It was funnier for one thing.

But I think most people would prefer it for one reason. The ramen girl is cute. Scene with cute girl > scene with two goofy dudes. It's like Otaku rule #1!

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-05-2008, 02:09 AM
Not all Otakus are guys.

Or straight :p

DarthEnderX
Sun, 10-05-2008, 02:17 AM
Pfft, next you're gonna tell me girls can use the internet.

Archangel
Sun, 10-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Pfft, next you're gonna tell me girls can use the internet.

The Internet is for porn (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWEjvCRPrCo), so no.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-05-2008, 06:25 AM
Archie......Yaoi.

To stay on topic, Naruto Yaoi ;)

Archangel
Sun, 10-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Oh right girls like that.

Somehow i miss the appeal. Kishi seems to like it tough, especially if involves his lover-boy sasuke

Holy crap i completely forgot this was the anime forum. I'm very sorry everyone.

Buffalobiian
Sun, 10-05-2008, 07:57 AM
That actually HAPPENED in the manga?!?!

(Edit: Original picture in Archie's post consisted of Naruto Yaoi drawn by Kishi himself.)

Marik
Sun, 10-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Ugh, my eyes!

Kraco
Sun, 10-05-2008, 08:10 AM
What? That's not from some doujin? You are serious?

Really, now...