PDA

View Full Version : [Spoiler] Is Madara the mizukage?

docdan63
Sun, 09-14-2008, 03:42 PM
I was rereading chapter 404, and I noticed that Kisame says that madara is the mizukage. Is this a joke or something Kishi is playing on us? I mean, does this even seem plausible? Possible? How many factions and groups can he be a part of? He's already in 2 huge groups in the series. Now the kage of a village that large?

Death BOO Z
Sun, 09-14-2008, 03:49 PM
I got the feeling that Madare used to be Mizukage, at once a time, maybe before he became Obito\tobi. not that he is the current mizukage.

however, this chapter also raises questions about Kisame's loyalty to the group, after having his life partner killed. is there any reason he can't join the good side? I don't remember him killing anyone serious yet, and he knows Gai very well.
maybe he'll become Gai's own Gai, like how Gai is to Kakashi? it might happen after Kakashi dies, or maybe they'll become a trisome.

Madare can be anyone, anywhere, anytime he wants, that's what the sharingan is for.

docdan63
Sun, 09-14-2008, 04:27 PM
I got the feeling that Madare used to be Mizukage, at once a time, maybe before he became Obito\tobi. not that he is the current mizukage.

however, this chapter also raises questions about Kisame's loyalty to the group, after having his life partner killed. is there any reason he can't join the good side? I don't remember him killing anyone serious yet, and he knows Gai very well.
maybe he'll become Gai's own Gai, like how Gai is to Kakashi? it might happen after Kakashi dies, or maybe they'll become a trisome.

Madare can be anyone, anywhere, anytime he wants, that's what the sharingan is for.
Ok. I need you to explain something to me then. I get the sharingan comment, fine. But if he isn't the most recent one, then why would Kisame say I feel better mizukage when he responded to him taking his mask off? He didn't say past or former. Another point, why would he team with Gai for any reason at all? And I don't consider Itachi his life partner, so I don't know what you're trying to get at with that point.

And yes there is a reason he wouldn't join the good side. Several actually.

1. he's one of the most insane akatuski members of the group.
2. hes one of the most dangerous ones
3. he's the most powerful mist swordsman of the 7. Making him even more dangerous.
4. if memory serves, don't konoha and the water country have a hatred of somekind towards each other?

The only way I can see him siding with the good side is if he deterred in some way and teamed up with konoha for some reason or another. Nothing comes to mind though. If anything, he's the one with a personal village connection to Madara now. So I'm guessing that makes him want to stay with the group longer.

Death BOO Z
Sun, 09-14-2008, 05:02 PM
But if he isn't the most recent one, then why would Kisame say I feel better mizukage when he responded to him taking his mask off? He didn't say past or former.
Another point, why would he team with Gai for any reason at all? And I don't consider Itachi his life partner, so I don't know what you're trying to get at with that point.

And yes there is a reason he wouldn't join the good side. Several actually.

1. he's one of the most insane akatuski members of the group.
2. hes one of the most dangerous ones
3. he's the most powerful mist swordsman of the 7. Making him even more dangerous.
4. if memory serves, don't konoha and the water country have a hatred of somekind towards each other?

The only way I can see them siding with the good side is if he deterred in some way and teamed up with konoha for some reason or another. Nothing comes to mind though. If anything, he's the one with a personal village connection to Madara now. So I'm guessing that makes him want to stay with the group longer.

1. I know I've been saying this a lot lately, but that's the kind of 'feeling' I got from the conversation. since Kisame (as a missing nin of his village) probably should have some issues with the mizukage. I can't back this claim with anything, but, it still stands to make sense that Madare can't be both acting mizukage and acting crime-lord. though the sharingan makes everything possible.

2. He fought Gai twice already (if the clone thing counts, which it probably does), the way they talk to each other (especially the 2nd fight) is a mirror of how Gai and Kakashi act. Gai (act performed by Kisame) makes a statement about him paying back, and Kakashi (played by Gai) completely ignores what he said and D'ss him. Also, so far, Kisame hasn't killed anyone important, so he did not commit any mortal sin against the naruto-gang, so he could still re-deem himself and jump the good guys bandwagon.

3. I made an "itachi is gay, ha ha!" joke, moving alone. still, Kisame probably considered Itachi his friend, and would like to get revenge against the asshole who plotted all this crazy 'we'll kill your family, and then your brother will kill you, then me and him will kill those other guys, who blame me for killing my brother, which i killed to protect some other dudes" shit.

4. when Kisame says "with you moving all the strings around, it'll be much easier for me to move about..", it can be taken as it is ("now i feel empowered by our previous connection") or on the sneaky ninja way ("cool, now I won't feel bad for burning this worm hole, ya crazy coots!").

5. those 4 reasons don't mean he can't be good.
A. when you say "insane", you mean polite, well mannered, friendly and not "kill everyone because i'm carrying a past trauma!" crazy, right? Kisame is basically the most human Akatsuki member, despite his animal looks (I'd compliment Kishi for making an inverse scale, but he doesn't deserve it).
B. sure, dangerous. he got owned by Gai and gai's merry band of kids (not owned, but fought evenly), and also, he forced Asume to take out his chackra knives! such actions were never seen before, he's totally dangerous, even when compared to PMS wielding Madare, Ringan eyes Payne. zombie duo, puppet boy, paper monster woman, C4 bomber, scyzophern Zetsu. suddenly, he doesn't seem such a big deal, right?
C. well, he's the strongest guy from a group of people who equally (give or take) fought Kakashi, before he brought out the sharingan. and the rest of them are super filler villains (villains that filler writers use when they can't think of original filler villains). while the other side has a water turning monster boy who wants to kill him and become the strongest mist swordsman, and combine the seven swords to summon a dragon that will grant him a wish.
D. I don't recall any of it, but even so. Enemies are simply friends naruto hasn't beat shonen heart into. and Kisame (missing nin, remember?) doesn't obey the villages commands anymore. besides, it's a life of ninjas, everybody should hate everybody from the kickstart, so why make an issue out of it now?

Reason: kill the fuckers who made his best friend throw away his life. he's the Akuma (a good, teaching, sulking and shark angst Akuma) to Naruto's Ryu. he represents the life that Naruto will face if he won't stop Sasuke turning into an asshole (bigger asshole).

as usual, this is all theory, and mostly stuff I wish were true, not facts. opinions may change at any given time (or not).

Sapphire
Sun, 09-14-2008, 06:10 PM
How about de-spoilerizing the title? >_>